This game didn't really feel like some western. I was expecting more something like For a Fistful of Dollars...

This game didn't really feel like some western. I was expecting more something like For a Fistful of Dollars, instead I got some weird drama bullshit I never signed up for. Why did they have to make it so weird?

Attached: 1540194631909.jpg (1600x900, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2gY_e1ZKD8&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

god if only there was a part in this game where you wandered into a city and played two families against eachother

Great graphics, great music, great gameplay, and memorable characters
What more could you ask for?

>For a Fistful of Dollars
It's not a spaghetti western, that's your first problem.

Actual great gameplay, better music and memorable characters. I don't remember half the assholes that died because they showed up for maybe 1 mission, everyone said how much they hate them and then they fucking die.

Real odd how 2 takes place further in the past, but doesn't really feel like a western as RDR1 did.

Someone compared it to Westworld in an article. It honestly feels like a simulation for the most part. The ending is heartbreaking though and kind of gives everything a human feel that may or may not have been present the entire time.

Best game in the last 15 years or so.

RDR1 is the more generic western it takes place in texas and mexico

Probably because the game doesnt even really take place in the west. Well atleast until the epilogue. A majority of the map takes after the great plaines/the south.

It to feel like a western, like 1

What's the current Money exploit going around for RDO? I saw it was something about glitching a character into a "ghost mode", spawning valuable items (animals), and selling them to the butcher or whoever. $500 to $1000 an hour.

>Best game in the last 15 years or so.
You can just say it's the best game ever at that point, games were shit 15+ years ago

Focusing your game around these elements limits the flexibility of the story

watch more than just spaghetti shit then

Chapter 3 is literally just a fistful of dollars you brainlet

>great gameplay
>hold L2, press R2
Real compelling stuff. Really pushing boundaries there.

Why are games so derivative?
Movies are original and innovative
Games just copy movies

COPE

Name a game with better gameplay

I can name you a game with the exact same gameplay. Gears of War. From 2006.

why did they model everything west of elizabeth? what are their plans for it? They just modeled half of RDR1 for shits and giggles?

But the gameplay is literally the thing that everyone, especially those who still love the game, agree is the single worst part about it

RDR1 remaster incomming.

>press buttons in a video game, how lame
>also playing with auto aim on
why do you think anyone should give a shit about your opinion at this point?

The game is most fun in between the story missions. I didnt really care about the story and characters, but i loved the random encounters and hijinks while riding through the best world ever created. Better than irl world imo.

Okami

Did they fix the varmint rifle headshotting everyone in Online?

Zoomers on Yea Forums think Spaghetti Westerns were the only sort of Westerns.

It's very similar to The Wild Bunch faggot.

As if anyone needed further proof that Rockstarfags are severely underage

I’m a boomer so I said 15 years because I couldn’t think of a better game than RDR2 other than maybe MGS3 and Resident Evil 4 which were both about 15 years ago.

It sounds like you wanted it to be more Sergio Leone inspired, rather than it not being a western. Plenty of westerns take place away from the border.

RDR1 wasn't a Western brainlet. Both games are set past that age and are about the DEATH of the old west. I really like that most of the map is actually set in the east, it feels fresh.

It's much weaker now. I don't see a lot of people using it anymore. Still one shots you, but the accuracy is worse.

>I don't remember half the assholes that died because they showed up for maybe 1 mission, everyone said how much they hate them and then they fucking die.
That's your fault for speeding through and not hanging out at the camp. There was plenty of time to get to know everyone, even the ones that die early like Kieran and Sean

I watched some streams of people playing rdr2 just to see how others (mostly casuals) play it, and it really shows it's not for people who just like to rush through the story, even though I really love that part of the game too
If you only go from story mission to story mission you really don't have any time to get to know the members of your gang at all, but you have the chance to actually bond with most of them if you actually take the time and go out fishing/hunting/robbing with them, these are also some of the comfiest parts of the game
if you ignore all of them, then the story really doesn't feel that impactful desu
free roaming is top tier either way though

Attached: 349184546732517465.jpg (1920x1072, 375K)

t. shitter with auto aim on

What the hell happened to this board? I thought people enjoyed simple shooters. The gameplay in RDR2 is comparable to old games like Max Payne.

I hate singleplayer games and I loved RDR2. The sheer scope and interactivity made it feel like this wonderful amusement park, and having other players didn't feel necessary to make the world and gameplay interesting. It was the complete opposite of GTAV where the Online portion was vastly superior to the storymode.

Easily Game of the Decade, and it really underlines how shitty other openworld games are. I doubt Cyberpunk will be half as good.

>Movies are original and innovative
Not anymore

Games are more original in my opinion. At least they try to mix different movies together, while movies just straight up copy paste each other or just make fucking sequels. Like we all know what movies GTA Vice City is based on, but it actually feels more unique to those movies. Maybe that's just nostalgia, I don't know.

The thing that surprised me is if you stay in a region for a long time things start to pop up. The game rewards you for taking your time and exploring. there is so much you will miss if you just run through the story.

I had a bunch of friends no-life the story and quit and I bring up stuff and they are always like "What?"

Basically it is like going to Disneyland, going to the single most popular amusement ride once and then leaving.

I can't wait for the PC release where aiming will actually feel great and not on either extreme, frustrating on free aim in 90% of cases and an absolute pushover with aim assist on.

Story and characters were great and the graphics blew me away which is what I all I wanted. Gameplay is too slow and there wasn't much to do but I boot it up some times because it's a good outdoors simulator.
If we ever get another western game I want to be a bounty hunter/outlaw at the height of the wild west. Gameplay needs to be centered around action rather than immersion this time

It's shit because of v-sync and 30 FPS. Aiming with controllers is actually really nice if you play on PC at 60FPS and no vsync.

>The gameplay in RDR2 is comparable to old games like Max Payne.
That weapon sway is fucking awful and the weapon limit was annoying as fuck. I didn't mind it in Max Payne 3 since it was a linear shooter and it tried to be realistic with what you can carry but RDR2 still has magic saddles and deep satchels that hold everything in the world. RDR2 shouldn't have added problems that RDR didn't have

>100% single player
>guess it's time to move on
>friend gave gow to me a few weeks ago
>give it a go
>few hours in and I just want to go back to free roam in rdr

it's not even bad or anything, despite Yea Forums shitting on it like every other modern AAA game, but I just miss the atmosphere of red dead, I don't know if I ever spent this much time with any vydia honestly

Woulda been great if they had some random bounty hunter missions you could keep doing. Or more bank heists you could do on your own after an ingame week or something the bank resets.

You know that deadeye eliminates weapon sway? Also weapon limit is great. Why would you need more than four weapons in a gunfight? You can always call a horse if you want to switch something quick.

The gameplay is not good and unfortunately takes away from everything that's good about the game. PvP is simply unplayable.

pic related is just my recent save, it's my second playthrough and the first one was even longer I think, and I still feel like I haven't seen shit desu
I could play it for weeks or months and I probably wouldn't find every little secret and easter egg

Attached: 88979763220706466.jpg (1256x792, 191K)

>You know that deadeye eliminates weapon sway?
Not entirely, and you still have to put up with core damage. And that doesn't help in multiplayer either. And the weapon limit is retarded because there's still a weapon wheel and you might run into something where your horse isn't immediately available. Sometimes you'll equip weapons while mounted and then get off your horse and you'll only have your handguns equipped. Again, it's causing problems that shouldn't exist and didn't exist in the last one.

Pretty much every other videogame that I played in the past 10 years has better gameplay and combat than RDR2, regardless of genre. Most people agree that the gameplay is horrid. It's not up for discussion. If you want to shill at least talk about the graphics or writing, otherwise you're coming off as a retard

>Playing without autoaim
>Aiming manually with a fucking controller
Gonna pass on that gay tedious shit son.

they already did a post-western in RDR, there was no where to go except post-post western

Few WW1 missions starring Jack would be pretty cool.

you can't be that bad, can you?

Both RDRs aren't "Wild West" games. Rockstar doesn't have the balls to develop a cowboy game that takes place before or during the civil war. That means they'll have to push boundaries and risk media backlash in order to be historically accurate. They got away with RDR this far, because muh 20th century progressivism.

Keep holding out for that nigger killing simulator, you racist fuck

You expected a spaghetti western, RDRII clearly uses us western as an inspiration. Even RDR did since the overall story of the first was just Wild Bunch.

Aiming with a controller manually is awful. Manual aiming as it stands now is unfun and only makes the game more tedious. When the inevitable PC release come out it'll be fun but until then it isn't.

I needs that maxpayne shoot dodge, Especially the dodge and shooting while laying on the floor like maxpayne 3. The RDR2 dodge kinda sucked.

>old good
>new bad

I'm not asking for that at all. In fact, it'd be impossible to create such a game when blacks knew their place in those days. A lot of them were slaves as well which meant you'd be destroying somebody's property. RDR2 is more like a nigger killing simulator, because ST. Denis is full of blacks. Chinks too.
Also, there's nothing wrong with being a racist. Stop being intolerant of my beliefs.

I imagine down the line there will be a mod that adds that. Along with a mod that adds the old RDR1 NPC Physics.

Attached: luigi.png (183x334, 87K)

What. GoW doesn't have the exact same gameplay, dafuck.
Natural cover system vs one button system, how accurate you shoot and how effective dead eye is is depending on how developed your skill is vs you shoot exactly the same from beginning to end.

At least PLAY these games. If anything the system is similar to TLOU and MGSV.

>Western
>Not drama bullshit

>he uses auto aim

The game makes legitimately 10 times more fun and the shootouts 10 times more intense with auto aim off.

playing shooters on PC is the best option, I wouldn't argue about that, but I don't think it's that bad or "unfun" with a controller, I only recently got a somehow decent PC and played the shit out of Max Payne 3 again, but I did the same on the 360 back in the day and I enjoyed every moment of it, it wasn't bothering me at all and I could beat the game on every difficulty level with auto aim turned off
RDR2 feels weaker in that regard, but you can adjust the aiming settings and make it much better

Mostly it's used as a troll weapon, but they did weaken the fuck out of it

>Western
>white man bad
>peaceful black farmer
>non alcoholic noble savage Indian
>"smart" women want rights
>non fuckable whores
>diverse outlaw gang
Kek

>pic related
Neat I didn't know they had this feature. Guess I should also load my other 100% save and see the time played on that one.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 8.03.16 PM.png (2860x1566, 3.27M)

>Keep holding out for that nigger killing simulator, you racist fuck
RDR2 fits that bill pretty well desu.

The varmint rifle was the only gun in the game that was balanced. Bad game design is the reason why everyone used the varmint rifle.

Theres no genre you wont cry about.

>peaceful black farmer
what? the only black farmer I met was an alcoholic who beat his son
>white man bad
it's arguable, but through the game everyone told arthur he's actually a good man and tried to help and save everyone he could near the end of the game, he also wasn't the only positive white male character, I don't know what you're talking about desu
>"smart" women want rights
the game handles them as you did, calling them "smart" while they're just whining, you can also beat the shit out of them
>diverse outlaw gang
what's wrong with that? dutch's gang just worked that way, the o'driscolls just kept women for fucking, same for pretty much every other gang I'd imagine

>there's nothing wrong with being a racist.
Go back to your white boy with micropenis safe zone

lol look at this nigger. This website is for white people only you dumb n*groid.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

15 years ago San Andreas cam out so lets not get ahead of ourselves

All I want now after finishing it is RDR1 remastered in 2's engine. God fucking damn just being able to twirl my revolver as I holster it after a duel in Armadillo would make that game 10 times better.

I liked the game but it's not a game that is fun for a second playtrough mainly because things are so slow, its allot of build up. I liked the game overall or the open world, it's quite unique in that department.

The only state not modeled after any western state is lemoyne whose real life equivalent is louisiana. And rdr1 feels more of a western than rdr2 because rdr1 is because of how well they portrayed the lawlessness of new austin and the desert setting.

Sounds similar to the people who said that Max Payne 3 wasnt noir. Not every western story is a ripoff of a Kurosawa movie.

RDR2 was supposed to be about the death of the western outlaw lifestyle?

Could have fooled me.

It’s set during that era and the characters like to reminds you of it by givning some form of ”aint no place in the world fo folks like us no mo” speech every 45 minutes.

Devs spent 100 million dollars to make the most forgettable display of animations ever.

Meanwhile I had more fun with Red Dead Revolver from 2005. Nu-Star can't even make games anymore. Just write fancy stories with fancy graphics.

Attached: Red_Dead_Revolver_Wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

RDR2 is the comfiest game I've ever played
Camping and fishing in the North with Arthur makes me happy

The inspiration for this game wasn't old spaghetti westerns but rather The Assassination of Jesse James. RDR2 used the same sort of effect from the narration in Assassination.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2gY_e1ZKD8&t=

Attached: 1536665660063.jpg (630x1200, 140K)

Like seeing a monkey mimic an artist.

this
it's a game for people who appreciate westerns and the atmosphere and setting
not every game needs bing bing wahoo gameplay