Why the fuck is nobody talking about this fucking game? How are you enjoying it?

Why the fuck is nobody talking about this fucking game? How are you enjoying it?
Toejam & Earl thread

Attached: ToeJam_&_Earl_BitG_pre-release_Steam_header.jpg (460x215, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y9F-EukrlMQ
youtu.be/EIEolwp1I6w
youtu.be/rN32q4ac81c
youtu.be/LC7tG3ptbrU
youtu.be/x9YfUw0Cozw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its not that bad, and definitely has the same feel of the original. Tomatoes are a bitch to use though, and the switch version has some weird hangups while playing.

Something something the devs are bigots somehow. Typical faggot game press drama.

>Why the fuck is nobody talking about this fucking game?
game's official twitter said that one of the characters was gay

It's good but it's glitchy as fuck right now. I want them to make a sequel in the style of panic on funkatron

Wasn't that a joke about Overwatch announcing characters are gay a while after their games come out? I remember some anons telling me that, but I can't quite remember.

*Blizzard, fuck

One of the random humans is gay. Virtually a non-issue, but the devs tried to make it one.

This series should have been left in the 90's

>space aliens aren't gay
based

It is Fun! Definitely one of the Best Games of this Year.

Attached: Gassy Lewanda .webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

Attached: Gassy Latisha.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

what?

Beat the fixed game after buying it yesterday. Here's what I think.

+Gameplay is the tightest shit and merges everything together perfectly
+OG TJ&E with unique stats
+BR HUEHUE Boogyman
+triple luck level up
+ghandi as shit
-music is bland compared to original games
-voice acting is weak
-I hit a portal in HFZ as soon as I entered god damn cheeky cunts

Basically, the game is solid as fuck and not offensive in any way, but is lacking a lot of the oomph which made the original games so memorable. I didn't play TJ&E expressly for the roguelike elements, I played it because the music was excellent and the game was fucking silly in just the right way. For a game that is essentially the embodiment of soul, they didn't go far enough.

Online needs some tweaking for sure, too.

So this was in development for... four years? I hope it turned out well.

how's the replayability?
is it a game you can play for a long time or you're just done after the first three runs?

I absolutely love the first two games but this one looks like the ugliest piece of garbage I've ever seen and I refuse to play it based solely on that fact.

pretty great

they should redo panic on funkotron

>but this one looks like the ugliest piece of garbage
You know nothing

Attached: 1231215246.jpg (640x480, 128K)

I unironically prefer your screenshot.

That and it went through Production Hell. It was gonna release next year after the Kickstarter. Then (No Joke) this guy went and saved the game.

Attached: Macauley-Culkin-Home-Alone-Web-Series.jpg (618x412, 40K)

Explain.

Yeah, seconding this. I lost track of the project after the Kickstarter, I'd be intrigued.

Culkin dumped some cash on it, he has a co-producer credit.

don't know the details, but they probably ran out of the Kickstarter money so Mac stepped in and became a Producer through his company Bunny Ears

It's a great game too, watched some people play it the other day. Not my style, but it certainly stays true to the first game while expanding on it

Attached: 1470510580120.gif (350x232, 1.76M)

Neat. Thanks for the info.

He has a fucking company?

>Look it up
>It's a clickbait parody website

what the fuck do you even do in this game? never played the first one

It fixes the one problem the first game had. The slow ass pacing. So yeah it's pretty great.

Attached: jammin.gif (500x281, 906K)

I never said it was the greatest thing ever, but it's still a thing that exists

Apparently, Culkin still plays Toejam and Earl on his still working Genesis. He tweeted that was doing that instead of watching the Oscars. So I guess we know why this happened.

Almost makes up for covering for that pederast Michael Jackson

>Mac stepped in and became a Producer through his company Bunny Ears
really?
what fuckin universe is this

Attached: 1330929835720.jpg (255x247, 8K)

It's good that someone who genuinely loves the game could step in and save the new one

>Cant get into the elevator with spring shoes without nudging the control stick very slowly
>Sometimes if a teammate is dead the elevator wont progress until you revive them
>You can end up joining a game and not even spawning on the same floor as the host

If they just fix bugs this game would be like a solid 8 or so

Attached: 1534191924284.png (470x550, 194K)

Some of it's actually kind of amusing, though I'm wondering what kind of money a site like this makes at all.

what do you actually do in the game?
I watched some gameplay but I still have no idea what you're doing except walking around and shaking trees

Your goal is to collect pieces of your ship that is scattered across different levels

After Level 10 the game unlocks a procedurely generated mode, also it has online multiplayer.

slightly interested since it seems like a roguelike. will probably look into it more though. i wouldn't mind a silly game like this in the meantime until dmc5 comes out
just not totally sold on it yet since i never played any of these games

Attached: Latisha in Elevator.webm (1280x720, 1.35M)

Attached: Gassy Hula Girls.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

wish i knew what the fuck is going on. how do you know whats harmless and what is out to get you? also the items randomly scattered make me completely clueless

the tutorial tells you fucking everything

Attached: Dny9r_DWkAAp05g.png (285x300, 97K)

Literally a fucking brap fetish game.

Is the 3D foreground as ugly as it looks in motion? It's my only gripe with the artstyle.

and that's a good thing

Attached: 1544480878202.png (983x1000, 701K)

Yes...I like dis

Attached: 1415744222362.jpg (314x279, 17K)

What's the best version?

Holy shit this came out already? Is it any good? I liked emulating the first one every now and then.

It's basically the first one but with more. Some of which comes from the second game.

It's basically the same as the first game, but with more characters to play as and hats and presents to collect.

>fags post brap memes nonstop for months
>game comes out with braps as a mechanic
>WTF THIS SUCKS

Attached: 1539109121737.jpg (396x628, 113K)

Is the game a good roguelike or should I just take enter the gungeon on switch instead?

Enter the Gungeon? More like Exit the Fungeon. Pick up T&E.

what's wrong with EtG?

It's worse than the first one.

>what's wrong with EtG?
not that user but it's too RNG based for me, your whole entire run can take a long time if you don't get the right setup to the point you'll go halfway and restart because you already have learned that the run is going to be unnecessarily painful and not worth it

>takes too fucking long to get to your first chest for a small chance to maybe get a fun item out of all the bullshit available, which means the first floor plays out the same 90% of the time, a major flaw for roguelikes/lites
>the same basic enemies appears over and over in later floors, but with more fucking HP each time
>jumping and platforming in general being a gigantic unnecessary distraction

Awesome, I'll probably go nab it

youtu.be/y9F-EukrlMQ
youtu.be/EIEolwp1I6w
youtu.be/rN32q4ac81c (This sounds like that Eddy Let Me Go Back song from the DKC cartoon)
youtu.be/LC7tG3ptbrU (love the orch hit here)
youtu.be/x9YfUw0Cozw (clap sells this track)
A lot of the rest blends in a little too much but I never played the original and think this game has some sick music

There's just something about the art style that rubs me wrong. Looks too much like a Flash game?

it sometimes looks more like 2000's canadian shovelware cartoons than 90's nickelodeon.

Terrance and Phillip?

is spongebob just a ripoff of toejam and earl?

This game is still fun as hell. I played hard mode randomized like 4 times already and on multiplayer.

I was thinking more What's With Andy and Brace Face mixed with more aggressive tweening animation and a hint of 2000's kids bop style "hip and cool" character art

I'm scared to try had mode, convince me.

If you've unlocked hard mode, normal mode is probably going to become too easy for you soon.

Its a roguelike, like Binding Of Isaac, you have to find the elevators to get to the next floor as well as find your 6 ship parts along the way.
You get presents which are unique items that do random shit, sometimes kills or slows enemies, sometimes lets you jump high or sometimes fucks you over.

it's 10 parts

Anyone here in this thread know if the Switch version supports 4 player online?
I know it's only 2 player locally, but there's a lot of conflicting non-info about whether or not online at least lets you play 4 player coop like the other versions.