ITT: Extremely underrated games that are not talked about on Yea Forums nearly enough

ITT: Extremely underrated games that are not talked about on Yea Forums nearly enough

Attached: Shadow_Warrior 2013.jpg (639x361, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4
youtube.com/watch?v=7QgdSiNaJt4
youtube.com/watch?v=qDAoJIJ2ljU
bodybuilding.com/fun/md32.htm
store.steampowered.com/app/238070/Shadow_Warrior_Classic_1997/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 6AF51A88-B0DC-4139-AA2F-742BC9FFEE33.jpg (600x800, 144K)

It was just okay, though.

Eehh, I got it for free on steam and it drags on for way too long imo. I dropped the game at some point when you had to fight another room with those two fuck heads that can only get hurt from the back.

Nah, it’s on every “how do we fix horror” thread. Forbidden Siren 2 is far more underrated, but I’m glad more and more people are talking about it.

It does have some pacing issues but the sword-play is the main reason I love it. I can't think of any other first person games that have done it as good as SW

How is it underrated? Its a good 6/10, 6.5/10 at a stretch that does what it sets out to do decently.
It is a good reboot in a sense, but I don't believe anyone would call it a masterpiece.
Also most of the weapons are horrendous and I am still butthurt that I cannot replay the game with a fully upgraded Nobitsura Kage for shits and giggles.

I agree, it's like the dumped their focus into the swordplay and Ki skills then implemented the rest of the arsenal as an afterthought.

they should remake it and rework the bosses and take out the guns so it's just a melee game, because that was its real strength

I disagree, I enjoyed it more than nuDoom. Once you get good at using the katana along with certain weapons, it's a lot of fun. The revolver with the fanning upgrade and the dual smgs are really fun to use.

I need to beat it, got it with GWG. I didn't like the leveling and power ups

I was surprisingly way more invested into this game's story than I thought I would be going in. Hoji was a bro, even if he was basically a trickster god/demon.

It's a shame they went the Borderlands route in Shadow Warrior 2 and most of the levels are randomized/procedurally-generated. The story in 2 was pretty bad to be honest.

Lo Wang was such a soi faggot in this game. And the guns were shit unless they were fully upgraded in which you can't do until the end of the game. Playing it on new game plus is the only way to enjoy it overall so you don't have to cheese your way through it.

I would say that the swordplay was actually pretty good and that indeed I enjoyed it more than D44M but the other weapons never clicked for me.
A rare case of first person sword use having some heft to it.
On the other hand I just sword wave/thrust/circle spammed my way through the game so I suppose I never did give them a chance.

>It's a shame they went the Borderlands route in Shadow Warrior 2 and most of the levels are randomized/procedurally-generated.
This is true, and it's a real shame considering how much they improved the combat.
If it was linear without the Borderlands BS it would probably be one of the greatest fps games of all time.

Attached: shadow-warrior-2-chainsaw.jpg (700x394, 83K)

We will never hear "Oh you faggot rabbit" in the series again

The gunplay is an acquired taste and takes a lot of time to get used to. I'm on my 5th playthrough and I can tell I'm getting better and better with the guns the more I play.
Once you get the ability to fan the hammer with the revolver and dual wield the smgs, along with crossbow explosives and the shotgun upgrades, it gets real fun to swap real quick between the sword and guns quickly mid-fight chaining different attacks together.

Nothing to it I suppose, I'll just need to try again.

at least they made it coop

The second one is superior just for the main menu theme
youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4

I liked the chainswords too. Never really tried the chainsaws however.

Yes, this game is good, and he loves pizza, and party is pretty much cuhrayzee.

Attached: deadpool1-903x445.jpg (903x445, 96K)

It's a Souls-like, but got overlooked. It's surprisingly getting a sequel this year.
I love the targeting of body parts and all the customization

Attached: 220px-The_Surge_box-art.jpg (220x309, 27K)

Attached: 256px-Bully_frontcover.jpg (256x331, 34K)

If you haven't played this game on insane difficulty, you have no right to say this game is not unbalanced piece of shit. I did, dropped on chapter 14 or so. First battle with these 2 niggers was annoying, but managable, because there was trees which you can use to hide from their cancer rush attack, you can block it with upgraded shield power but it cancels channeling and gets you in shooked state so when 1 berserk trips you the other fucks you in the ass. But, anyway, after I saw second encounter with 2 berserkers in a small coridor, I just uninstall.Weapon upgrades are not needed in this game, most of them are useless, you should never buy ammo if you want to upgrade but you'll end up without ammo if you don't upgrade your "Luck" chance of finding ammo, average imp takes 2 shots from shotgun, shotgun is shit, pistol is beyond shit, the most powerful weapon in the game is crossbow with upgraded charged shot (deals more damage than 3-charged rocket launcher).

Attached: bers.jpg (1157x690, 130K)

Attached: 233130_screenshots_20170721002452_1.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

The final boss song is god-tier
youtube.com/watch?v=7QgdSiNaJt4
Along with what is basically Wang's theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=qDAoJIJ2ljU

Attached: lo wang.jpg (1641x923, 133K)

Attached: 233130_screenshots_20170721011249_1.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Not all games are made to be played on hard difficulties user. Least of all the Shadow Warrior games, just look at the difficulty description

Attached: Shadow Warrior 2 easy difficulty.png (569x448, 223K)

That's a weird way to tell someone they're a faggot

I want to love it, but the head bob makes me fucking sick. It's a shame, too, because I loved what I played of it. Too bad I can't turn it off. Ended up refunding ... and then getting a copy for free on Steam and a copy of SW2 on GOG free.
Last time I played Bulletstorm I got super motion sick, too. It barely happened during nu-Doom. I have to be in the right mood for shooters it seems or they just make me sick. I really hate it.

I think that FPS games should be played on highest difficulty setting. Except for Serious Sam 1.

Idk about 1, but I'm pretty sure you can turn the head bob off in 2. The setting is called weapon inertia and you just set it to 0.

Seems memey.
Give me a quick rundown.

I don't really get it when people say that they need a "chill" and easy game after an exhausting day. Like what? You are not actually using your muscles when playing vidya. What is it about pressing buttons that you are not able to do it after a hard day?

Attached: noonelivesforever.jpg (1600x1200, 197K)

they are tired and don't want to think anymore
get a job

What the fuck does tired mean? They are not physically "tired", they are just numb from doing boring shit all day. Literally splash your face with a cold water and you'll feel fine you low T soiboi. When I was in school I still played vidya and tested my guitar skills on intense songs for the rest of the day.

How's the second game? I got it for free on GOG a while back and I have it installed and I'm a few hours into it and I have it minimized right now but I'd like to know how it holds up compared to the first before I get into it

Is this
>I just played it what did I think of it?
Either way I found it alright, if gimmicky and it kind of retreads what the first game did. Some good ideas, somewhat better weapons though the sword beats all and the loot mechanic is alright but nothing great.
Too bad they apparently nerfed the final weapon though.

>When I was in school I still played vidya and tested my guitar skills on intense songs for the rest of the day.
Damn bro, you're a badass

you have never had a job you autistic neet

Everything after the GOG part was a joke but that's good to know that it's kinda more of the same.

Guess I should just play it already, I enjoy practically any FPS that isn't military shit with ADS (I even liked F3AR)

Attached: 9E9A602F-FFC0-4FB9-8CB9-58B24F241F08.jpg (460x215, 27K)

check your testosterone retards. Seriously. And lift.

check your blood glucose levels, because your diabetes has fried your brain

cringe

Whatever you say low T fags. Just saying, lifting actually makes you more motivated. Stay being cuckbois in your weak bodies with no will to self improve. Your choice.

actually strenuous physical exertion from demanding exercise also results in mental fatigue, but you wouldn't know, since picking up hot pockets doesn't entail any

Go back to getting made fun of at the gym for being fat

Would not really say underrated but it is pretty good for what it is. Plus its relatively cheap on a sale.

Attached: styx.jpg (460x215, 113K)

I'm 74kg, 6'2''.

It makes you temporarily physically tired, but at the end it boost your testosterone level, which results in more motivation overall. That numbness you feel after work is coming from low T and lack of motivation to do anything new. Probably a reason why you are getting tired of video games too.

you're more like 5'6" 104 kg you brainlet

Did you just discover /fit/ yesterday or something? Or you're baiting

Fit is full of retards I don't visit that board.

shush it dumb little faggot

>Fit is full of retards I don't visit that board.
You should, you'd fit in really well.

bodybuilding.com/fun/md32.htm

>Mental fatigue can occur when we're emotionally or psychologically worn out and not coping with the stresses and strains in our lives.

fix your life you dumb weak little fagboy

of course you don't, because someone at your proposed weight and height has arms like a popsicle stick

Calm down stick-man, being 160 pounds at 6'2 is embarrassing

Attached: 1520665236573.jpg (600x728, 43K)

Are you dumb? You know that weight consists of both muscles and fat? And that you can have less bodyfat without losing weight, because muscles are heavier overall? You are probably some fat am*ricanoid with fat arms who thinks that he's "fit" because he does cardio sometimes LMAO

Don't play the sequel. Just don't.

post physique with a timestamp peewee herman

Not that guy but the fact that you're bragging about being 6'2 and weighing 74kg is hilarious

I did. Throughout the whole thing, I just wanted it to end already. It was a miserable experience.

ITT.
Stop answering to bait if there is nothing worthwhile to post goddamn.

Attached: 1406806873194.jpg (2471x2229, 1.64M)

You already said it in your previous post. Stop repeating yourself.

>post physique with a timestamp peewee herman
You first fatso

That wasn't me you insecure pussy

Did they neuter the jokes?

>show the main character maturing and becoming more responsible by the end of the first game
>throw any single concept of character development out the window in the sequel and then make him an annoying limp dicked asshole for no reason
At least in the first game it made sense and they knew how to keep it down to a realistic, believable level. He's just obnoxious as fuck in the sequel.

Attached: 1548825328385.png (379x344, 123K)

that's what i thought

Attached: 843092684572904257089.jpg (721x689, 114K)

>Gutting a classic game franchize
>remove everything that made it controversial and unique
>"update" the gameplay to the point where your hardly using guns and spamming melee.
Yeah nah fuck shadow warrior 2013. The only good that came out of this mess, is that the original is free on steam

store.steampowered.com/app/238070/Shadow_Warrior_Classic_1997/

Game was hyped and got good marks, just not talked about on Yea Forums
I think the graphics are a turn off though, same with Ion Maiden.