Untitled

Attached: image.jpg (640x640, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this was a weird anime

why

Don't fall for the bait, it's not a good game

explain how so i can avoid it because if you just say it's bad then i cannot know how it is bad

Kys

It's a sad attempt at making a metroidvania, but it has no polish. Controls aren't as good, spell system isn't good, exploration is nil, and it's overall a huge bore. Stay away.

Holy shit, SK's final arc was fucking garbage.

what about the sequel?

Ignore , it's a good game. Might be hard to get into if you're completely unfamiliar with Shaman King.

The fuck OP. I've been watching the anime all week and was itchen to play this.

Attached: download.jpg (190x190, 9K)

you might not like the localization featured in the game

It's pretty much the same, doesn't fix any problems. Stick to the GBA castlevanias if you're looking for this sort of game

is shaman king actually good or nah?

i've only played the game in OP's pic because I heard it was a castlevania but i need to watch and read it myself

Have you played the ps1 game? I played it on emulator but after dying or some other shit, the screen went pitch black and i could hear some demonic jap voice, i guess it's some spirit talking, but the game stopepd at that point and i shat my pants.
Anime? It's okay shounen/kid's show, but nothing special. I loved it as a kid, but keep thinking of it as digimon/naruto kinda shit cause it was aired on the same channels.
It basically is just more shounen like jojo, just fights with spirits instead of other powers.

Anime is like JoJo/Persona. Typical Japanese stuff. You allow spirits into your body to perform major feats. Like letting a blacksmith in to forge a katana, or an old kung fu mentor teaching his student a final lesson. Stuff like that.

The anime is early 2000s as fuck.

>The anime is early 2000s as fuck.
how much are we talking about

It's nowhere near as good or interesting as jojo though, you mean the main shounen gimmick that is "ghost behind your back with certain abilities"

is the game good

time will tell

I'm watching the dub, but other than that. Its limited animation and the way it's edited.
True, JoJo is far more entertaining. Shaman King adds a little more depth to the fighting. Makes it more like DBZ power growing. Push ups will give you more CHI stuff.

the gimmick, yea. Japan is all about that King Solomon and his 100 spirits stuff. Yokai Watch, Pokemon, Jojo, Shaman King, CardCaptor Sakura, Digimon, Persona, World Ends With You. They're all about collecting spirits, making friends with it. Something to do with shinto, god is in everything. Your cups, the streets, the car, your toilet.

I'm pretty sure they see god how neo sees the matrix.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x209, 480K)

You forgot bleach. And even those spirits shit is still the same "this guy has this power, other guy has similar but different"

lads i wanted to fuck anna so bad when I was younger

different but similar yes

metroidvania wannabe with linear level design, making it a terrible metroidvania.
also the pixelart sucks balls, the music is nothing special and it's just boring. And I loved the anime.

How so? Do they call the riceballs, doughnuts?

I'm going to try it anyhow.

i liked the chick in the iron maiden

Played the first one and it was pretty mediocre honestly, I heard 2 is better so I'll give it a try eventually.

it's mostly name changes, like the character with the coconut head haircut on the boxart in OP's pic is named Manta but in the localization they changed his name to Morty and Yoh's brother who's name is Hao was changed to "Zeke" etc.

is it fun

give me lewd anna right now please

youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg
IF YOUR SPIRIT IS STROOOOONGGGGGG
you can be the one.

you could have just said it was based off the 4kids dub

Wasnt this pokemon with ghosts?

>russian
>Shaman King was THE shit in my teen years among peers
>legit had dozens of popular text RP forums with different combat systems and whatnot based on SK
>decide to rewatch a decade later
>what a steaming hot pile of garbage
It still takes a special place in my heart and memory but some things are better left off just remembered than tried to reexperience later.

Attached: jello cat slap.gif (250x341, 2.88M)

It's like a kids version of jojo