I bought a Vita a few days ago and so far, its the best handheld I've ever used in my life...

I bought a Vita a few days ago and so far, its the best handheld I've ever used in my life. How can people hate this thing?

Attached: 44050da8-ce22-4763-a177-a980004a058d.jpg (2000x1154, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_PlayStation_Vita_games
amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card-PCH-Z641J/dp/B00F27JGVA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=PlayStation Vita Memory Card&link_code=qs&qid=1551670293&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1&tag=mozilla-20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
handheldplayers.com/upcoming-games/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2019/
vita.hacks.guide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi
patreon.com/doax3glitcher
github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-vita
github.com/Electry/VitaGrafixPatchlist
youtube.com/watch?v=xQdZCaTNw0A
3dbrew.org/wiki/ARM7_Registers
amazon.de/SD2VITA-Speicherkarte-Adapter-HENKAKU-MEMORY/dp/B07919GSDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551701304&sr=8-1&keywords=sd to vita
amazon.com/gp/product/B0798JJ82Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=w62NuIjapfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no games

Attached: PS_Vita_Memory_Card_MSRP.jpg (620x191, 67K)

proprietary expensive memory cards
no games besides weebshit
oled model has bad mura effect or lcd model doesn't have good colors

hacking the unit fixes 2 of those things

>tfw dust off your vita to check on which firmware you left it on, and it was old enough to turn it into an entirely superior PSP with a far far better screen and a 2nd analog

>something dies/is considered bad
>retards on Yea Forums immediately start sucking it's dick
if only you admired it while it was alive

That's a Bingo!

Just use an SD card.

there's an adapter to use your own cards nowadays

there's pretty much no reason to use a PSP over it at least (screen is better, everything is better -- you can even use psp emulators if the vita ones aren't up to par yet)

the d-pad for vita is seriously underrated. it's so damn good especially for 2d games.

memory cards and Sony dropping the support after two years

it's a very comfy system, i fucking love the d-pad and PSP library + Vita own library is simply amazing

It's called contrarian culture, if you don't like it leave, reddit

honestly I don't even know any controller with a better d-pad, including old consoles controllers that used to focus on it

I'm not a fan of other buttons on the vita though, I heard slim improved them a bit but I wouldn't want to not have the oled screen.

it's not mainstream enough for nu-Yea Forums

>Overpriced memory
>Sony drops it after 6 seconds because it didn’t instantly overtake Nintendo’s handheld market share

>vita officially dead and considered a failure
>Yea Forums now claims "omfg best handheld ever!!! wtf why the hate??"

Attached: 1467051912668.jpg (523x683, 42K)

I bought a Vita on Friday and its in the mail.

I'm so excited, I got a White phat model with a 8GB memory card for $110. I'm hyped to play the backlog of games.

Attached: 1551458952926.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

well, it got hacked and now it's essentially an upgraded PSP which everyone liked for that reason

no need for proprietary mem cards anymore too, and the screen is much better

It's a great system, especially if you hack it, but it just didn't have the software to support it and back then it had way more problems like the bullshit expensive memory cards.

I just use mine for comfy handheld emulation in bed.

the shoulder buttons on the slim are shit

I bought one and I have no idea how you can think it's a good purchase, especially with the Switch now available.

There's fucking nothing but PS1 games which I can play on my PS3.

>There are currently 1558 games across the Lists of PlayStation Vita games.

I hate sony's approach and politics towards the vita, the console itself has problems like it's own expensive memory cards, no save manager, shitty 3G model that doesn't do shit(which i had, but then got it replaced for the slim one), lame browser that can't even copy text, etc.
And no games, i hacked it recently and play some ps1, psp games i've missed and some vita ones here and there, i stopped buying games in 2014 cause sony stopped supporting the console and i hate playing indie games that were meant for bigger screen and i don't care for cheap weebshit.

Nobody hated the Vita other than Sony.

Attached: 20120822_95309.jpg (500x500, 97K)

It was the same on the normal vita, which sucked

it's just front buttons that the slim fixed

on original, start/select are very hard to press (to the point I rather use the touchscreen) and the other face buttons kinda dig in your fingers if you have to hold them. In wipeout (since I used shoulders for airbrakes), I got to the point where I kept a band-aid on my finger to cushion while holding accel.

>expensive memory cards
SD cards.

>save manager
CFW,

>shitty 3G model
>he actually bought the 3G model

>lame browser
lol

>no games

Do yourself a solid and play soul sacrifice and gravity rush. Those are seriously the best 2 games in the vita catalog

why did you buy a portable if you didn't care that it's portable

Gravity Rush was remastered for the PS4.

Is Fate Extella Link the last 3D Vita game, bros?

Attached: 1522284564225.jpg (1024x1559, 170K)

..which is really sad considering how fuckjing amazing the d-pad is (literally the best I ever used on anything, and I've had consoles going back to the NES)

>nu-Vita
user, I'm so sorry.

Meh.

My phone is better

I already have a Switch and so the Vita has nothing for me.

You are just mentioning stuff that's available after hacking
>he actually bought the 3G model
>lol
What kind of arguments are those? "No it's not shit, you shouldn't have bought 3g model and hacked it"
>Lists_of_PlayStation_Vita_games
As i mentioned, indies and weeb garbage are made for the niche.

3.69 hack yet?

is there a particular model that stands out?

catherine full body is, I think. Though it's not coming to the west.

I'm trying to choose between the white fat model or the orange slim. Which on should i buy?

>400MHz CPU

Attached: 1495997879494.jpg (1024x708, 250K)

t. retard gacha player

I didn't count it for that reason. Feels bad

Original 1001 for the OLED

odin sphere leifthrasir is also really good on vita. the art really pops on the oled model and if you have a hacked vita you can overclock it to run at 60fps all the time

>shitty 3G model that doesn't do shit
It did exactly what it said on the tin. What the fuck are you expecting? More importantly, why the fuck would you ever buy the 3G model in the first place? It made no sense even when it came out and if you really need to play your Vita online in public, you have your cell phone as a hotspot.

old good new bad

Come home vitaman...

Come home...

Attached: 1547008365044m.jpg (1024x715, 116K)

A lot of people did but it's easy to point out so many faults with the system and let's face it, it died two years ago.

what games are you playing right now?

Best handheld? No sir. That would be pic related.

Sorry you wasted your money.

Attached: 71vRLxkhY8L._SX385_.jpg (385x313, 11K)

It said you can play on the go and that's what me and my friends expected.
>phone as a hotspot
What's the point of tablets with a modem then? To not drain your internet and phone's battery that's why.

These prices are like 5 years old. Much cheaper on amazon and play-asia.com nowdays

Not him but there's nothing wrong with the 3G model other than having one feature you never use.

you get the oled screen and everything's fine, mine still works great and I've clocked over 10k hours of use on it.

The PS+ bundle (which I got) was also pretty nice. Back when PS+ was actually nice. Sure beats getting Borderlands 2 with it anyway. Coming only with a 4GB card is meh but I was never going to use that card anyway (got a 32).

Attached: .jpg (489x500, 69K)

That things was far less comfortable to hold than the vita.

>why the fuck would you ever buy the 3G model in the first place?
^ If you got cucked into buying the 3G Vita, sorry but you're just a moron.

Psp go is the worst. Psp 2000-3000 were the way to go. I had fat and my sister got go, and even fat better despite weighting a ton, at least it's comfortable to hold in your hands.
But maybe if you hacked psp go, then it is kinda more portable.

probably the last one to be released outside japan, yeah

Attached: Astolfo.jpg (459x810, 41K)

it's really awkward playing monster hunter on it. vita is the definitive way to play freedom unite and portable 3rd because of the dual analogs.

The Vita has a better screen, better analog stick, better ergonomics, and it runs all the games this thing can on top of it. The PSP is literally obsolete, unless you're one of those sad fucks that has a UMD collection.

>PSP Go
Oh right, its fucking useless.

poorfag detected.

Maybe once your Dad stops pounding your ass, and you stop being butt-fuck hurt, you will realize people can like things you don't like, basedboy!

I bought mine at start, which i guess i shouldn't have done, but i wanted a replacement for my psp basically.

>White phat model with a 8GB memory card for $110
Is this a good price? Most of the ones on Ebay are $100 without memory card or a charger. Seems like a sham.

Initial release was a hot mess.

Hackers made it worth while.

Just like Wii U.

if it's in good condition seems like a good price. but there's probably something wrong with it like faulty button or has a bad mura effect when the screen goes dark.

You're going to have to dig, and broaden your horizons on the your personal taste of games to get the most out of your vita.

It takes a lot of investment, but its worth it.

Currently playing the fuck out of Gundam Extreme VS Force.

Then with the same argument, why even buy a console back then? It's now that it is hacked and has some sort of library. Why even buy a vita in the first place?

>HUR DUR WIIU ALSO SUCKED
but nintendo had the sense to scrap that shit and release an improved version asap.
sony should have done the same thing except their head was too far up their ass and was never able to see some glaring issues with the vita.

i cracked it and legit the only game i had the urge to play and beat was dangabronpa v3

But I thought that is what made the Vita shit in the first place.

True, i was unlucky to own both the vita and wii u, but at least it had nintendo support till breath of the wild, while vita stopped with freedom wars, which is whatever.

Sony hates every good thing that comes from them

Attached: 1519886855374.png (1065x644, 115K)

it's funny to think that just prior sony was able to save the disaster that was ps3 with the slim but they couldn't do the same with the vita.

Nope, it's Persona 5 port

>Yea Forums is one person
like clockwork with you retards

Attached: 1533255250776.jpg (407x431, 56K)

Oh yeah. Can't wait for the res hack

amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card-PCH-Z641J/dp/B00F27JGVA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=PlayStation Vita Memory Card&link_code=qs&qid=1551670293&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1&tag=mozilla-20

It's fucking still 93 dollars for 64 gigs. IT cost 20 dollars for a 64 micro SD.

because the Vita was sold on the ideal that you could buy lots of digital games as well as DLC for your physical games. This would of been fine but the absurdly expensive memory cards killed it and lots of games were digital only just pissing people off more. The over priced memory cards were a blatant scam. They knew damn good and well they could use SD cards but instead went this route just to jew as much money as they could.

Because of this it ended up having a weak start and people lost interest quickly. I wish I could say Sony learned its lesson but now they are censoring everything and I refuse to buy any Sony product at this point, They can fuck off and virtue signal in chapter 11 for all I care.

>people bought the 3g vita
Even back then, everybody was saying its a waste of money. I remember going to Gamestop and them being sold out of wifi models with literally piles of the 3g model.

Attached: 1546942061363.jpg (1080x1080, 244K)

Actually it costs $20 for a 128gb micro SD. Just bought one the other day.

For my Sony Walkman even.

I would have told you to get a switch instead but since you bought a Vita you're a retard so you're better off using that piece of shit.

I hacked mines and the only game I really played on it was Tales of Hearts R. Stopped playing 20ish hours in for some reason, think I got stuck in a dungeon.

Anyways, I feel like the Vita would be more received if people hack it and treat it as a "PSP Pro" instead of its own gen handheld.

they tried with the 2k model which solved none of the issues with the system to begin with.

>IT cost 20 dollars for a 64 micro SD.
Then use a micro SD card.

>tfw more freedom wars never ever

Attached: 2015-01-29-034800.jpg (960x544, 77K)

the LCD in the Slim is still a fantastic LCD though. it's one of the least ghosty displays I've used.

I like the PSP Go but it's even worse when it comes to storage as you can't use a micro SD adapter, and it uses a proprietary data/charging cable.

nobody likes contrarian cancer, it doesn't make Yea Forums unique just shitty and depressing.

bing bing wahoo

Come back in 3 months and see if that feeling lasts. There's not a whole lot available on it that you can't find elsewhere and you'll blow through those exclusives super fast and lose interest in poor performing multiplats and emulation soon enough.

What are the best PS2 ports?

What are the worst?

catherine flopped terribly on the vita

even atlus wouldn't be that stupid

hey, the slim comes with a GENEROUS 1gb of internal memory!

That doesn't change that throughout the lifespan, despite market trends and innovations that lead to fantastically cheaper SSD memory over the 7 years since the Vita's launch, the Vita's memory sticks have barely diminished value. And that is 1 of many reasons why the Vita failed

Vitagen is having their mental breakdown is all

Yeah it changes everything, because you're bitching about something you don't even have to buy for any reason.

>lose interest in emulation
yeah nah m8

there's enough to emulate that you don't have enough time in your life to play it all, and the vita has the best d-pad and screen you can get

Most multiplats perform just fine. I mean, if you get tired of Vita games, PSP games, PS1 games, and emulation on top of it then you've probably much lost interest in gaming altogether.

best ports: odin sphere, persona, metal gear solid 2&3, final fantasy x

worst ports: jak and daxter, ratchet and clank

i cannot decide whether sony executives are retarded or extremely arrogant. probably both.
small changes could have easily made vita a great system.

I had a Vita. I had fucking 3 Vitas. We're talking about the Vita's failure right now and that's one of the reasons why you fucking retard. And it makes me mad because I didn't want to Vita to suck as much as it did and it sucked entirely because of Sony's handling of it.

vitagen hasn't noticed, because the vita being dead doesn't change anything for waifuposting

It doesn't matter about adapters and so on now; this here is literally what killed the Vita (in the West). EVERYONE decided to sit on it because of the price of those memory cards, and then it simply died with no support.

>poor performing multiplats
OP, you did hack your Vita to address this, right?

who cares what killed it, or if it's dead

that doesn't change it's a great device to have now, and the adapter exists

Have a 400gb SD2Vita.
>100 Vita Games and various DLC
>130+ GBA games
>70 GB/GBC
>60 NES
>60 Gens
>120 SNES
>110 PSP games
>95 PSX games
>70 Mame games
>Remote Play
>Stream my PC to Vita
>All this on the best fucking hardware for portable gaming. God Tier Sleep mode, Decent battery life, Bluetooth headset, Various Plugins to enhance games.

roughly 7 gigs left.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

bought a vita and about to henkaku it, yet i literally have to buy a 40$ memory card just to get mollecular shell on it which allows me to use micro sd.
just why cant the fucking vita have some internal storage?
cant even play game son it before buying a fucking 5gb memory card for 40$

>hack and install overclocking homebrew app
>excited to play ys vii with better framerate
>before unstable 20 fps
>now unstable 30 fps
wow i am so impressed

I know. I'm just fucking angry at Sony for letting good hardware fucking die like that. But whatever, the Switch has taken its place I suppose. Not that the switch is especially portable.

I'm really sad that Vita never got a Yugioh game.

>What are the best PS2 ports?
Persona 4, Final Fantasy X+X2, Sly Cooper 1~3, MGS2~3, Odin Sphere

>mid-tier
God of War, Ratchet and Clank

>What are the worst?
easily Jak

you must have bought a phat
enjoy that sweet OLED though

They managed to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1+2 running. 2 has its issues, but Oclock makes it playable.

What's wrong with jak?

it's pretty unfortunate the vita didn't get a lot of support, in terms of the inherent quality of the product it's much better than the 3ds. I personally feel like nintendo dropped the ball on the hardware end after the home run that the ds was, the build quality isn't that great, the designs of the shells suck, 3d is a shitty gimmick, and to run some games at a good framerate you need to have a "new" model which has a bigger screen but the same resolution. now that nintendo seems to be focusing on the switch we may never have powerful portables again

I just passed first mission in CODE7 but i feel like my AI teammate is useless all the sudden, me and my team is 80% got killed by sinner hostile and I always having trouble save my own accessory from begin abduct

What the fuck wrong with this game!? i never have problem with difficulty until now

>no support
The Vita has literally hundreds of games. It has more games than the 3DS does.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
>There are currently 1302 games on this list.

>There are currently 1558 games across the Lists of PlayStation Vita games.

The Vita had its last firmware update a few weeks ago.

Here's a list of upcoming Vita games:
handheldplayers.com/upcoming-games/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2019/

This is with the Vita being dead.

I have a couple of vitas that I bought off craigslist cheap. I would love to know how to hack it like this, but the whole process seems confusing and complicated. I have a spare 1000 modle with the OLED screen. I just the the memory card adapter thingie and the 400gig memory card.

nothing with the games themselves but the it's just an absolutely terrible port, even worse than the vita borderlands 2, it's a 9fps slideshow that looks worse than on PS2

9k is still very impressive for dead console, user

Shit Art Online Fatal Bullet is pretty much Freedom Wars 2 but with that gay series painted on it.

This guy is 100% correct and knows his shit.

Attached: 1519103445098.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

vita.hacks.guide
you will need an official sony memory card (any size) to hack the 1000 model.

yeah I played (and liked) it but I couldn't care to keep playing as much

thorn is a lot less fun in SAO too, very limited and barely usable for anything

Yeah but they're games I don't like and I want to shitpost so the Vita has no games.

Wow, shitter, play those games, lmao, android also has gachashit, don't forget those as well.
Can't be that bad. Weren't there some updates?

Hi, Vitagen.

But the Switch is plenty powerful for a handheld.

>The Nintendo way of adapting technology is not to look for the state of the art but to utilize mature technology that can be mass-produced cheaply.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi

i find both of them to be very playable, especially Sigma 1

Sigma 2 has some annoying framerate drops, but the resolution drops don't bother me

Jak 1 runs at 20fps (original PS2 was 60fps IIRC)

Jak 2 and Jak 3 run better in indoor areas

My man over here spitting the facts.

>thumbs through

This game looks rad as fuck.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 66K)

This. Plus the 3DS is just as big of a weeb machine as the Vita is, if not moreso.

Thanks to CFW, there's literally no reason not to buy a Vita unless you're just a poorfag.

>autism level cope
the number of games really doesnt matter.
3ds with its less powerful hardware managed to sell more just with its games.

>oclockvita
Switch to Lolicon. You can overclock the CPU to 500Mhz with it

>autism cope
There's no coping here. Nobody here denies the Vita is dead and got beaten, but using sales numbers as a way to discredit the Vita is literally retarded.

Vita has more ports and multiplats, almost every worthwhile Vita game is available on a better system

>the number of games really doesnt matter
Yes it does. That's literally the only thing that matters. I play games, I don't play with sales numbers.

Whats odd is that Sigma 2 doesn't always slow down when there are a lot of enemies on screen, so a lot of areas are still playable.

Mostly the projectile enemies slow things down. like the rocket launcher soldiers, but they're hardly around on master ninja mode.

>available on a better system
This is a retarded argument. Guess what, you can emulate the 3DS on your gaming PC at fucking 4k with AA and all that other shit. But you know why that's a retarded fucking statement? Because these are HANDHELDS, they have a specific purpose.

What weebgames there even are on 3ds? Etrian odyssey? Rune factory? Rune factory is great tho.

>using sales numbers as a way to discredit the Vita is literally retarded.
why? sales numbers is not important and the number of game is?

>the number of games matters
how so?
obviously quality matters more than quantity and vita lacks significantly more in quality titles.

Or the fact that owning a Vita is redundant, considering its emulation software is subpar and 90% of its weebshit can be played on PS3, PS4, PC, etc.

And before you start calling me poor, I own an OLED and Slim. Though I’ll probably pawn off both soon.

stupid ass.

dont pawn them. just sell them on ebay.

>MH3U/4U
>Definitive version of DQ8
>EO games
>RF4
These alone trump the entire Vita library.

This. It's ridiculous that this needs to be pointed out.

I didn't buy a 3DS or a Vita because I wanted to play games at the absolute maximum performance possible. I wanted to play games on the go, in my bed, on the plane, while taking a shit.

Way to miss the point you autistic fucks.

You play good games?

>using sales numbers as a way to discredit the Vita is literally retarded.
why? sales numbers is not important and the number of game is?

Your argument is since it didn't sale well, you shouldn't play it. Its an asinine argument.

Darkstalkers sold significantly less than street fighter. Yet its still fun as fuck.

>>the number of games matters
how so?
obviously quality matters more than quantity and vita lacks significantly more in quality titles.

There are good titles other than VNs, but you have to dig for them or try something new. The fighting games are top notch.

If you can't try games outside your comfort zone, you shouldn't be on a gaming board.

>blarps and ugly
>a couple of meaningless additions
>definitive
No

>Darkstalkers sold significantly less than street fighter. Yet its still fun as fuck.
There maybe exceptions but most of the times, shitty games dont sell that well.
Im not trying to say you shouldnt enjoy your vita but there is a clear reason why the 3ds won while the vita died.

>vita also has good titles
I never said vita does not have any solid titles.
I am saying vita does not have many good games compared to the 3ds.

>Visible enemies on the overworld
>Faster battle speed
>Playable Red and Morrie
>Can marry Jessica
>Meaningless additions
Also
>Can mod the orchestral soundtrack and uncensored costumes back in
Get that cock out your ass. It’s the definitive version unless you’re a massive graphics whore.

no one hates it it just didn't sell.

it was released at a time when PlayStation was a weak brand (bad PS3 years no last of us yet) and also also 100% of PSP users in the west was pirates so they waited for it to be hacked and by the time that happened the console was already dead financially

sony global supported it for like 18months i think before dropping all suppport japan has supported it for maybe 2years longer then mostly stopped then its had on and off support for the last 8 years. it mostly gets PS4 games with simple graphics ported to it for japan only releases. so if you dont own a PS4 and like weird jpn games its a OK device to have.

otherwise its pointless to own imo all the hacker stuff is crazy thou i do have a 3g version of one and would like to know if i can use it as a phone.

Buy Soul Sacrifice Delta right now faggot you've literally got no reason not to
>all the 'Yea Forums is one person' ITT

Guess what bitches?
I got one (a slim one) and I'm enjoying a lot.
I finally beat Shiren the Wanderer.

Alright, Cool.

Attached: 2019-03-03-222318.jpg (960x544, 102K)

>inafune literally shits over capcom
>makes his monhun clone, very good one though
>literally makes the same "ultimate/g" version with delta like all the monhun games do
Fucking jap jew. I have the SS on a cartridge and it's also one of the only vita games with cool ass reversible art.
Can you play online with a hacked vita?

>COMPLETE LIST OF VITA GAMES WORTH PLAYING
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Shiren the Wanderer: the Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
--END OF RINE--

Get to take my Ayane on the Go.

Attached: 2019-03-02-000910.jpg (960x544, 83K)

you have to be a specific kind of person to own and enjoy one today. i personally agree, i love my vita and the games i can play on it. that being said, you either have to have the money/not care about money because memory cards and some games arent cheap, its true there arent a lot of games for it, but if you like what it has then its great. its been a while since ive used remote play, but if i ever wanted to play a ps4 game in bed or somewhere else around the house, i could, so, glad to see someone else enjoying one.

Where is your TxK?

It's a good but heavily flawed handheld that's still only suitable for weebs. Nearly all of its worthwhile exclusives are on other platforms, and it's main saving grace is that it's hackable to put actual good shit on it.

There's little reason to buy one other than for emulation purposes.

>TxK
On my second screen. I have about 20 more games, but thought to upload the one with more impact(100).

>tfw you got platinum for that
what a ride

I tend not to like mystery chronicles games because they're too easy and boring but Shiren knows its shit

Attached: 2017-01-27-130655.jpg (960x544, 166K)

There have been threads about how great hacked vitas are for years, shut up faggot.

Holy shit mate I'm just started the game from 2 months ago and fuck the weapon leveling system.

I just want to wreck reeva true form.

I wish the vita kept the sliding screen mechanism, heard it couldn't be done because of overheating issues or some shit but I really dig it. The Go is underrated too. If there was no Vita, I would have just settled for a Go. That bad boy has 16 gigs of internal storage, 16 fucking gigs, on that tiny little bastard. The Go is the most portable handheld I have ever seen. Fits perfectly in the pocket.

Niqqa the main dungeon is easy as fuck. Wait till you get to Primordial Chasm.

Can you use the 1GB memory on the 2000?

Are there any issues with the 3G model other than just having 3G?

Attached: 1547573164959.jpg (595x595, 236K)

No, just shit internet.

If you get it hacked, you can use Skype again.

Is that the optional dungeon??

Should have came out with a 4g model before pulling the plug on the Vita.
Fucking Sony, so close to perfection.

One of like 10 to 20. Main game is essentially a tutorial.

>tfw bought a 64gb one two years ago before the really big price hike.

Attached: 1462368963360.jpg (960x960, 69K)

Wait a sec, I'm going to need an 8GB memory in order to hack this thing?
Shit, and I order a 4GB like a retard.

i have a vita and i like my vita.
i loved playing
>grand kingdom, ys moc, am2r, odin sphere, axiom verge, aegis of earth, muramasa

what i was really disappointed were some of the performance of some games.
for instance, i was so excited for ys viii when it was still a vita exclusive but holy shit, what the fuck were they thinking.

>He doesn't know how to use SD cards in his Vita
I think it is you who is the stupid ass, user

the only "issue" was that it was more expensive

but later they were trying to get rid of it and sold it at the same price in good bundles, so it didn't matter anymore

that 3G is in it changes nothing

I looked through this thread and I don't understand, why are people going so far to justify their purchase? I use my Vita maybe for one or two games a year, and I've never felt like it was a waste of money. Even now I haven't used it for months, since I'm busy doing my PS2 backlog. The same is true for my 3DS, though I use it slightly more.

Attached: 1549300326793.png (256x204, 34K)

Since you mentioned DOAX3

Is anyone here patreon? could you help me get these nude mod from this guy and upload it to google drive or mediafire?
patreon.com/doax3glitcher

There's no way for me to donate him right now

FUCKING THIS.

People say this thing is good for emulation but I tried MMBN on the GBA emulator (MGBA or something?) and was met with like 75% speed followed by crashing like 30 seconds in

This, I still use my Wii U and I think it's a damn good system even if I don't use it every week. People here only care about sales and popularity.

I think he meant, that was the point of the original post; that they are essentially charging for SD cards.

yeah try gba emulation through adrenaline.
its pretty nigger how psp emulation performs much better than vita emulation.

Actually this is how ALL homebrew software for the fucking thing is, come to think of it. The Ereader, An Untitled Story, a couple others I'm forgetting. It all fucking crashes constantly.

>why are people going so far to justify their purchase?
Not trying to justify my purchase, just annoyed at misinformation. If you say you don't like the library of Vita games, fair enough. I'd question how in a library of 1500 games you don't like at least 1% of it, but whatever, fair enough.

But reasons like "no games" and using the sales as a reason to put it down are just annoying, stupid, and tired shit. People are allowed to post dumb shit, but we're also allowed to respond.

There are legitimate reasons to hate the Vita, its not a perfect system. Actually learn what they are though.

The 200+ hours I got out of XCX alone made the WiiU worth it. Super Mario Maker was merely a bonus.

Wow that's pretty sad. I'll give it a shot, thanks for the tip.

>I'd question how in a library of 1500 games
Aren't most of these untranslated Japanese titles? For those who don't know Japanese, I'd imagine that actual library is much smaller.

That one is still on my backlog. Hope Oclock, or Lolicon can fix it.
I have to juggle with my GBA emulators to get the right one going. TEMPGBA on the PSP emulator runs Megaman Zero 2 and Golden Sun better than other GBA emulators.

So far, I got my fave GBA games to work, but to reiterate, you have to juggle between emulators.Retroarch has 2-3 cores, MGBA, GPSP/TEMPGBA on adrenaline.

have you tried googling the issue?
gba emulations pretty trash but other apps should be running fine.

SD Cards for Vita storage was only a more recent thing and requires hacking the unit.
While it's fine now, people definitely couldn't do it from 2012 to 2016

You can hack it with a 4gb.

To bad for them mate.

Also played the fuck out of VanilliaWare games. Its god tier art on the OLED.

am2r needs a patch from the people who port it. You get locked in a room with Serris and there is no way to bypass it. Tried the morph ball glitch. Doesn't work.

Personally, I don't bother with Nintendo emulation on the Vita. The 3DS is just outright better equipped for that. The 3DS has a GBA literally built inside it, it doesn't even emulate those games. There's no reason to use a Vita or a PSP for those games.

The 3DS is just the ultimate package for handheld emulation. You have the 3DS/DS/GBA/GBC/GB libraries in one, plus the NES and SNES libraries through emulation.

The 3DS is shit at anything 3D though so if you want PS1 and potentially some N64 once the development moves along, the Vita is where its at.

Attached: 1551380325452.png (365x473, 187K)

>sell mine years ago
>Get into Persona
>Kinda want to rebuy it for 4 Golden

Most hackers moved on to Switch since it's a day 0 hack like with PSP

NEW 3DS models actually have a better processor which can do a lot better, even outclassing the Vita's 444mhz overclocked mode

I bought a used 16gb card for $50 a few months ago, it hurt

I am admittedly both new and probably a retard on the matter, but I can still get sd2vita installed with a 4GB card?

I love my vita!

Attached: image6.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

bought a slim model recently mostly for MGS collection and hacking

People didn't. They hated Sony's own intentional sabotaging of the thing before it was even released. Then they dropped all first party support in favor of PS4 which gave the kiss of death.

Yes.

Homebrew port of Sonic Mania when?!?!?!?!?!

How much?

Attached: I love my vita.jpg (1199x775, 203K)

does gba really run great on the 3ds?
i remember reading somewhere that nintendo never tried to have gba games on the eshop because they couldnt get the emulation quite right.

>You get locked in a room with Serris
FUCK

>does gba really run great on the 3ds?
Literally perfectly. It's 1:1, it doesn't emulate it so its just a GBA on a 3DS.

Nobody really knows why Nintendo scrapped it but it works perfectly.

how do you play gba games?
i know there are several ways such as using mgba or r4

Hack it, install games.

am2r was made with game maker studio right?
Does downloading it give you access to the entirety of the game, to run it on gamemaker studio?

Someone made a hack of game maker studio, gaymaker(stupid name), where you can export games made on GMS to the vita.

Might give it a shot if they don't update it, but I know shit about coding.

you cant unless there is a source code somewhere.

Bummer.

On that note. I want to learn to program vita games.

I bought a vita way before henkaku hit for the Dev apps.

Want a pull a Dreamcast, and release some games for it. Easier said than done though.

Attached: playstation_mobile_dev_vita_11nov14.png (800x425, 295K)

Fair, but the 3DS has the BETTER games. roughly 150 75+ metascore games on metacritic, vs. the Vita's ~115.

>tfw you just enjoy playing on your vita more due to better hardware/screen and you'll sooner play an average vita game than bother with anything on 3DS
ultimately only played 5 games on 3DS, vita I'm well over 50

...I also always hated the whole dual screen thing

this just in: memory prices decrease over time

Attached: memstick.jpg (2848x2134, 974K)

it's a good emulation machine. I wish it could emulate ps2 games though

Same. 3DS has some games tho. Monster Hunter, Star Fox, Smash, ETC

What keeps me on the vita is its ergonomic design. 3DS fucking hurts. Also. That sleep mode on Vita cannot be beaten.

Since I use my handhelds on break at work. The vita battery life lasts all day. Can go into sleep mode during working hours. 3DS doesn't last past first break.

your 3ds is broken

but TWO screens must be better than ONE

Attached: nintendo_sucks.png (966x550, 12K)

I do too, user. How much do you know about developing? I know nothing so I just want to start with a simple card game with adhoc play

what? the 3ds doesn't go to sleep?

I ordered a 3.65 Vita a couple days ago, mostly to replace my old PSP. Can't wait for that sick OLED screen after ten years of the PSP-1000's disgusting ghosting. It'll probably replace my 3DS as my go-to portable emulator too, at least until the Switch scene stops being pure drama.

they sure do

Attached: Clipboard01.png (223x292, 35K)

It is an absolutely amazing piece of tech, especially for its time. The problem is the lack of games.

Jack, diddily, shit about coding.

I can draw, know a bit about 2D animation, and little about 3D modeling, and little about 3D animation.

Unity website has an ass load of tutorials. I went through their "Space Shooter" one start to finish, but none of it stuck with me.

I wanted to make a shump for the Vita that plays vertically. So you'd have to hold it like the neo-geo.

I have always loved the Vita and hate Sony's treatment of it. Thinking of buying a backup just in case mine shits the bed. It's my favorite handheld by far.

I did, bought Gravity Rush, Wipeout, and Uncharted a month after it came out. I remember setting them aside when I still worked at Target when I was younger. It wasnt until 2 years later I bought a 3DS.

It's good that you can draw. If you want to make a 2D shmup, Lua Player Plus looks like it's easier to use: github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-vita Good luck on the shmup, user. Sounds simple and fun

Go to 3DSISO.com, make account, search for "colors corrected, ghosting begone"

Hundreds of premade GBA game installers for 3DS

Cool. Thanks.
What kind of card game were you thinking about?

You can
>get the rom
>get super ultimate injector or something (the one which automatically AP patches your roms)
>use the program to turn your rom into a .cia file
>install that shit on your 3ds
OR
>Just look for the gba cia files online
(most of them are injected by retards who can't AP patch though so if you want to play shit like pokemon the game won't let you save)

Currently playing Fire Red and the translated version of mother 3

>(most of them are injected by retards who can't AP patch though so if you want to play shit like pokemon the game won't let you save)
I'm one of these retards, I can't get this one romhack of Fire Red to work right

In the end it'd be agame where you could basically edit the layouts and add in artwork to make whatever card game you wanted in the end (adding in phases and letting players customize that as well doesn't sound too hard now that I think about it), but to start out, Resident Evil Deck Building. I don't want to just do something like Solitaire

Fucking this.
>Try to play borderlands2
>less than shit performance
>remember i can overclock
>oh wow now i might enjoy it!
>slightly better less than shit performance overclocked

Fuck this the overclock feature only helps with 2 to 6 frames TOPS
If your game already performs like shit it won't fucking help at all.

I mean it's not black magic, you're only going to be getting an extra couple frames. There's no reason to NOT do it.

You can lower it's frame buffer and edit the *.ini to turn down the graphics further for Borderlands 2. There are lots of other games you can do this with too github.com/Electry/VitaGrafixPatchlist

I'm picking up a hacked Vita soon, what's the deal with PSN spoofing? It's not a total dealbreaker but I'd love to actually be able to use Remote Play.

Yeah come back when you've finished Persona 4.

>I bought a Vita a few days ago

Attached: why.gif (500x385, 45K)

Not too familiar with the card game genre to know what you're talking about, and didn't know RE had a card game, but good luck.

Attached: 06a.png (510x346, 242K)

I repeat, get SUPER ultimate injector or whatever.
It automatically AP patches your roms, you don't have to do anything special just inject the rom and it'll be AP patched.

Thanks for bringing up wanting to develop, user. I'll take my own advice and start working on it using LPP tonight. Good luck

Literally how. Not even sure if that is possible with 128gb SD card

What's the best way to go for getting Vita? Oled version or the slim? I've heard the OLED screen deteriorates over time and that the buttons are stiff compared to the slim.

Attached: 1550025883031.png (353x558, 60K)

It already ran better on my old dual core laptop with 4 gb of ram and integrated graphics, Lowering the graphics on the vita even further than in that laptop to be able to play the game at 30 fps fucking MAX would be an experience that honestly would push me further towards suicide.

by being normalfags

Because they're only going up in price, can be hacked with ease to play all games, and are a great way to emulate PSX, N64, and a slew of other games.

Playing the 4 Sly games on the go is the comfiest thing ever.

no vita oled has ever gone bad. they eventually will but sony slightly underdrives the screen so it lasts longer than typical OLED of that time period.

the 1000 has a better screen but the 2000 has better face buttons, better battery, standard micro usb charging port, and 1gb internal storage (you need a memory card to hack the 1000, you can use the internal storage to hack the 2000)

the 2000 has issues with the analog sticks dying but they can be replaced cheaply and easily

then go shove your laptop up your ass

it's not the vita's fault you are playing shitty unoptimized games

What's the best way to play DS games, 3DS or Vita?

Attached: 1523410467748.jpg (1027x592, 241K)

3.69 hack when? I have a useless vita rotting next to me with no games

>n64
it's funny because the N64 emulator is the old one for the PSP running on the Vita's PSP CPU instead of using the Vita's main processor

3DS, it's not even a question. Putting aside that the 3DS has, you know, the same control layout as the DS, the DS emulators on Vita are unplayable.

only oldgafs do after having it awhile and running out of vidya

The only normie reason to hate the vita is because it has no fifa nor pes.
Other than that it's completely justified to like or hate it, unless you are a retard who focuses on "what could have been" instead of what IS, the vita's pros simply don't manage to outweigh the cons.

3DS, mostly because there is no DS emulator for Vita

Ackhsually there is, but it's runs 2D games at a fifth of fullspeed

3ds all the way.
Again, it's not even emulation, if you use a flashcard it's literally playing the games right off the cartridge.

Attached: fastfood1.png (1280x720, 78K)

long-term cons:
slim - faulty sticks
oled - faulty charger socket.

pick your poison

There is but it runs like this
youtube.com/watch?v=xQdZCaTNw0A

The issue from the beginning was multiplats running like shit you asshurt baby.

>there's people who actually play ds games like this
I couldn't help it, laughed audibly.

I have a 64GB vita card that I bought for $50 like 4-5 years ago.

They went on sale regularly.

Thats a 400gb card.

Do I need a flashcart for proper emulation?

Yes, but you can get one for like $10. Look up "r4 Gold 3DS Plus".

How is it not dead? Only reason I haven't bought a 64 gb is because I heard it has a life span of 1-3 years

I can't imagine living in a country where fast food is so shit that you have to make statements like that.
Like sure where i live we have mcshit and it sucks but we also have this chain called bembos which is owned by the same people who own Rodizzio which is a quality meat buffet, and so they get the same quality of meat for the patties and it's honestly good fucking burgers with good quality , tasty meat that you can keep chewing for more than some minutes and still won't become tasteless leather in your mouth.

And even in case you're too cheap for one, you can even install Twilight menu ++ which works for like 95% of ds games including pokemon and runs most of them at the same speed.
There's a compatibility list somewhere on the internet but i can't find it, they've really gone very far since the first version came out.

by owning a SP 3DS and PSP

with thous 3 devices all of which can be got for 100$ total you can play every good handheld game ever released.

switch and vita have like 1-2 games worth playing on each the industry is dead the idea of buying a vita and playing every thing emulated on it is dumb as emulators arnt perfect get the golden 3 and then if you have some weird reason to need a big screen hackable device with analogues get a vita or switch.

that's only if you are some japanise vita player that played 1000s of games on it 247 over 3years.

but getting a adaptor and modern media makes more sense. even normal SD cards have a short lifespan if you use them 247 and are constantly changing the data on them.

You don't even need an SP dumbass, 3ds has a gba built into it.
You just need a 3ds and a PSP and you're set.

This. I had one crap out on me because I was neglectful and over packed it.

I have two more 64gb cards, I had money at the time, Still, work fine. Using sd2vita now.

Cut that down to just a 3DS and Vita
3DS for
>3/DS games (obviously)
>native GBA support
>decent GB/C emulation
>can run most 16-bit emulators
Vita for
>Vita/PSP games (obviously)
>good emulation through 4th gen and GB/C/A
>PS1 emulator
>lots of homebrew ports
and most importantly
>actually has a good screen unlike the PSP

why are you fuckers facilitating the narrative that the psp is better than the vita. Vita emulates the PSP FLAWLESSLY.

I know you didn't say it explicitly, but seriously. PSP is done. SD2Vita, twin sticks, better screen. Vita is your goto.

The Vita's d-pad is the only reason I haven't bothered installing retroarch on my switch. Its easily the perfect all in one console.

it's not facilitating this narrative, it's outright stating that unless you want to play vita games, if you already have a psp there's no need to get a vita.

3G Model
Replace 3g Modem for a microsd reader
BEST OPTION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

based

>decent GB/C emulation
>can run most 16-bit emulators
It's honestly way past decent.

>Have NDS With 64gb R4
>Have hacked n3ds with 128gb microsd
>Have hacked switch with 400gb microsd
>Have hacked vita with 200gb sd2vita
>Hace Ps4 with 2tb ssd
>Have Hacked PC with 1tb m2 nvme (boot), 2tb ssd(games), 32gb Optane + 8tb HDD(Storage)
Still I only play Fate GO on a 256gb iphone

>Class 3
>Samsung
KEK

Did they ever make decent trigger grips? The ones I have suck. I cant be shooting with those shoulder nubs.

>god Tier Sleep mode
Listen it's been a while since i had my vita but sleep mode was honestly shit and crashed games constantly.

>2019
>playing 16bit shit
KEK

WORKS ON MY MACHINE KNEEGRR

>Sold my PSP for $110 in 2015
>Buy it again in 2019 for $110

is the hodl meme 4real?

opps i mean Vita

>buy vita years ago for Muramasa and Dragon's Crown
>Muramasa is great, will never touch DC ever again on it because of how much worse than playing it on even the PS3 was
>hack it
>can't find anything to put on it other than PSP games because most vita games that are worth something are playable on the PS3/4, and if it's like DC at all, they'll be much better on that

Attached: 1544661720755.jpg (720x540, 42K)

Try using sleep mode for more than 12 hours and post result.
I've lost progress on so many fucking games on with it on vita that I incstinctively stopped using it in all handhelds, even on 3ds which has the legit god-tier sleep mode.

never had a problem with sleep and until now I've never heard of anyone else who had a problem

maybe your vita is defective

damn I should have bought a vita sooner then

PAWRTABIREEETTEEEE

You got memed user.
Embrace the wahoo and get a new 2ds xl cheap as fuck and a psp, you'll be able to do everything you could do on the vita and much more with the only tradeoff that you won't be able to play vita games.

The biggest problem with GB/C emulation on 3DS is screen size, because it's less than a 2x scale from GB games you're dealing with either a blurry image or a sharp image the size of a postage stamp.

>Bought a hackable Vita off eBay
>Came with a 4gb, 8gb and 16gb and 5 games for like $100
>Sold the 4gb and games for like $60

Based ebay tards

This game is literally fire.
Talking about vs mode.
Force mode is alright.
Needs online tho, would be Sonys super smash title over Playsyation all stars.

Still, fkn love it.

Attached: cover_large.jpg (600x768, 265K)

A Vita is nice if you want to play anything 2D without disgusting ghosting or scanline issues.

Easy. Like this.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Attached: file.png (540x301, 280K)

I have a hacked 3DS already though.

Oh fuck you, that game brings shame to the EXVS line, that piece of shit and Gundam Versus.

gravity rush gets a remaster but kid icarus on 3ds never ever =(

Fuck off you elitist fag, game plays great, I've been practicing the combos on duatloop and it's a blast. Currently played through with Barbatos,unicorn, and destiny have damn near all their combos from previous titles.

It's a henkaku problem. I think there's since been a fix.

Which games?
Never had a problem. Sleep mode lasts for hours.

>removing mechanics of previous games and severely cuts back on suits
>great
No, fuck you for gladly eating schlock.

Well, for a dude that never played the previous titles, just know that the combos I found online for the previous games nearly all worked, it's a great game.

I'm sure the other vs titles are good, but this is a fun entry title for newcomers, and a good portable gundam game.

So fuck off.

>shovel knight
>tearaway
>terraria
>metal slug 3
>RoR (that hone hurt the most)
those are the ones i remember

>I know nothing about the series, so I am clearly the most suited for saying how good it is
lol

Way to take what I said out of context dipshit.

Attached: 4474616.gif (500x310, 1020K)

That's exactly what you were saying though.
And saying "it's good for beginners" is a fucking weak ass reason to give it a pass since I and many other people were able to pick up EXVS FB with zero problems, and that game didn't have any english at all.

Attached: 1532229148901 2.jpg (960x720, 120K)

>normalfags suddenly want a vita now
like pottery

I havent kept up with the vita hacking scene in years. If I hack it do I have to stay offline forever? I never platinumed P4G, so I'd want to get that first.

>How can people hate this thing?
No one "hates" hardware. They can just dislike things it does or has. Vita had very few games, you get it maybe for the few PS2 re-releases, even fewer Vita exclusives or some indies, and the rest is a PSP and PSX port station - which is great, but you can get a PSP for that too.

Is there a dedicated PS2 emulator on the Vita (like POPS on the PSP) or are the rereleases just ports?

you can still go online and get trophies.
they're just ports, it's too weak to emulate PS2.

Ports

Fine.
I'm still having a blast with it playing at work and on the go. I'll take what I can get. It's not completely butchered. I'm picking up the console versions soon.

Attached: sZPbjHa.jpg (850x1146, 185K)

3ds doesn't have a GBA in it or GB

its the DS that had GBA in it but no GB hence the SP and 3DS is optimal for 100% of Nintendo stuff.

switch might be worth it one day but wait for lite version.

Is the 3DS fully blown open? I want to get a NEW! 2DS LL and homebrew it to play emulators.

Is this thing any good for SNES emulation?

unless the 3ds has a inbuilt official software GBA emulator that's 100% that im not aware of. they did do them pokemon original rereleases on it does that work?

yeah it does everything except superfx games

it's pretty good but it's shitty for gba games

the 3ds does contain a full gba, it basically comes for free with the ds hardware
3dbrew.org/wiki/ARM7_Registers

Great hardware but little good software. My vita ended up just being a Vanillaware machine, namely for Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

No. Stick with a N2DS if you want to emulate anything Nintendo.

Just some ports, and most of them ain't very good.

>ds doesn't have a GBA in it or GB
You're fucking wrong dumbass.

fpbp

>97

I don't think anyone truly hates the hardware, more how it was handled. Its like the Wii U, not a truly bad piece, but a lot of things bog it down

I love mine but

and especially

It's okay, if you stay away from SuperFX and the like you should be fine. Emulators for the Vita only really took off last year thanks to how slow unlocking the hardware has been, there's some good ones but it should get quite a bit better in future.

Can you homebrew a vita? I feel like buying a psp 3000 just so I can hack the shit out of it like I used to with my old one.

Yes, if it's 3.68 or under
fucking google it

I'm just trying to start a conversation. Googling it would be boring.

Sony doesn't care anymore, you can go online and sync trophies and whatever, the only thing you actaully get banned for nowadays is cheating online

Still mad we only got MGS2 and MGS3 on the Vita and no Peace Walker or Portable Ops, should I play it on the Vita as a PSP game or just play it on the PS3?

Attached: 1550585232927.jpg (453x604, 65K)

Do you have a rocket launcher on your AI? Because you should.

Attached: 2016-04-06-035418.jpg (960x544, 76K)

>he didnt sell the games and memory for 100$
Retard

Your preference really, you can install a plugin for dual analog control for both so they play as well on the Vita as anywhere else.

PSP ones have 20FPS, the Ps3 ones have 60FPS.

Holy shit, megaman zero 2 is running flawlessly.

Attached: AcademicKindheartedIntermediateegret-max-1mb.gif (240x162, 594K)

Portable Ops and Peace Walker? Don't remember them being anywhere near that bad.

Zero has been overclocked.

Attached: Megaman+zero+_ea1d8b3602cd16b848ba87aa52368687.gif (160x160, 102K)

Great taste, user. I'll start the Zero games

on what fucking emulator? retroarch's gba emulators both run MMZ2 like ass

So not trying to sound like a total dumbass here, but the 3DS just needs GBA CIA files to download GBA games onto the 3DS?

Attached: 558360.png (1366x768, 695K)

Yes. you just install them like a 3ds cia game

What application would you recommend to do this? so I can play Ham Ham Heartbreak on my 3DS

Attached: 1550579082489.png (1000x1047, 593K)

the same way you install 3DS CIA games, using FBI

I meant converting the .gba files to cia

Attached: 523242.jpg (750x937, 155K)

ask /hbg/ for some preconverted CIAs, otherwise you can probably find a tool to make your own on GBATemp

I actually sometimes wish it didn't have a second stick, because it doesn't get used for anything
Second analog sticks didn't get good usage until at least PS2 era and the vita doesn't handle PS2 emulation

>buy orange/black nippon vita
>comes in a low fw
>update and install 3.65 enso
>buy a SD2VITA for literal chump change
>buy a cheap sandisk 128 gig
>install everything i want from ps1, psp and vita games for free and not even get banned
Sure have lots of brainlets and memers around here

turning the camera is a pretty useful thing to be able to do

the 3ds isn't a ds you tard

the 3ds doesn't have physical GBA in it
the ds has physical GBA in it but no GB support

3ds and ds are not the same hardware however the 3ds can play all DS games hence SP+3DS is 100% of Nintendo handhelds as the 3ds can play DS

the ds has both a DS and GBA slot and internals but no GB support unlike a true GBA hence you get a SP for GB+GBA support.

right but it doesn't have a GBA slot like the DS.

there probably is a way to run GBA and GB on a 3ds then I guess. but that doesn't confirm it 100% works for all games. but if it does that's good but I would prefer a SP for native resolution.

proprietary flash carts killed it.

>there probably is a way to run GBA and GB on a 3ds then I guess
You can definitely run GBA games natively on the 3DS.
GB/C is a different story though. The GBA contains GB/C hardware but uses almost none of it outside of GB/C mode, unlike the DS which uses the GBA hardware regularly in DS mode. The DS and 3DS don't contain any GB/C hardware apart from the bare minimum required to run GBA games.
Still the GB/C is easy enough to emulate. Even the DS can emulate GB/C to a good standard.
>but that doesn't confirm it 100% works for all games.
AFAIK there are no compatibility issues apart from the obvious ones like multiplayer games or games with cartridge gimmicks not working.
> but if it does that's good but I would prefer a SP for native resolution.
You can run GBA games at native resolution on 3DS but you're basically throwing away 2/3rds of your screen real estate. I'd rather play GBA games on a GBA or DS for sure.

hmm I didn't realise the GBA DS and 3ds resolution is dif on bottom screen.

not sure what ill get now I have a GB DSlite 3DS and PSP instead of buying a SP and ditching the DSlite I might just make my Gameboy have a nicer screen instead as you have to mod the SP to make it usable any way.

how good is GB-GBA-DS-3DS emulation any way. if its really good I might try and get all running on vita or will that never happen? I want a reason to keep my vita but if I don't like cathrine full body and GrandTrismo7 doesn't come out on PS4 I cant really see a reason to keep vita (would run GT7 on vita via remote play)

I guess ill wait to see if PS5 supports vita remote play but it probably wont matter as PS5 will probably support remote play to even a iPhone.

hmm. seems like only good thing ViTA is good for now is using it as a wireless controller with PC for a good Dpad but that's not enough reason to keep it for me I think. ill load it up with every thing I can find and try and make it a phone but if that's not good enough its going I think. unless I get a cheap OG ps4 and play deathstranding via remote play with vita on it at 680p (most OG ps4 games play only at 720-900p any way so its not really that bad)

Why do they insist on forcing their overpriced proprietary memory cards on us? It didn't work with the PSP Go so why did they think it'd work with the Vita?

They shot themselves in the foot.

>how bad does playing DS on 3ds look?
really bad, the scaling algorithm is blurry as fuck. It's kinda tolerable for 3D games but it ruins sprite art.
You can disable the scaling but then half of the screen is a black border.
>how bad does playing GB on GBA look?
Just fine. It uses a 1:1 pixel mapping rather than scaling so it's nice and sharp, and the resolution is similar enough that it doesn't look like much of the screen is being wasted.
>might just give up and try and play all on vita via emulators desu if it looks that bad don't mind small bars are they small enough for thous 2 situations?
GBA emulation on the Vita is kinda shit for certain games but the screen's aspect ratio is not a problem at all. You can configure Retroarch to do a 3x NN scale and then ~90% of the screen's vertical resolution is being used.

hmm ive reconsidered my recommendation

i think DSlite+PSP you should get

you can play GBA+DS on a DSlite fine not too much black bars.

on PSP you can play PSP+GB (with only loosing 8pixels along bottom)?

that still leaves 3DS thou. i haven't played enough of 3DS backlog to know if its worth physically carrying one around there probably is a fuck load of good games. but perhaps there will be a good 3DS emulator on switch?
idknow the scene i hope there is a good one.

SwitchLite + DSlite + PSP(with clamshell top from hori

might be endgame portable setup.

i have a Vita with a hori clamshell that's pretty nice but not sure if its worth it desu. maybe as a phone if that's possible on the 3g launch units.

sorry for delete i posted my thinking atm do you agree?
how long would a 99% 3ds emulator that works on switch lite take.. or do you think not possible? myb if one doesn't exist nitendo might release one

800x480 is the realestate you need to play 3ds how bad do you think that would look on a switch 1280x720 screen i wonder. native it would not use 1/3rd of screen

can you scale some thing by 1.5x and have it look good? that would be how you would upscale a 3ds to a switch screen.

or i guess maybe 3DS on a vita?.. idknow.

just trying to consolidate things maybe the software to do this isn't there but having a physical device that can play 2-3 things is nicer than having like 10 handhelds.

Vita will never emulate 3DS or DS.
Switch can definitely emulate DS, unsure about 3DS.

1.5x scaling can look... okay. GBA games played on the 3DS do this and they're tolerable, definitely better than DS games played on the 3DS. It looks like crap with NN scaling but with any other scaling algorithm the results are acceptable.

The console itself isn't the problem. It's Sony shitty decisions with it that ultimately made people hate it. If you mod it it's fucking great; you can use regular SD cards, emulation of pretty much all classic consoles, thriving homebrew scene, able to pirate the shit outta all of the games that actually came out and so on. It's also a great accessory to the PS4, with remote play.

The sd adapter got released in 2018 tho while vita was released late 2011/early 2012, insanely high priced memory cards is one of the reasons vita got shat on

What card do you guys recommend for the vita for my Micro SD?

Attached: 1497883472815.jpg (937x1234, 144K)

there's a 128gb Sandisk card for like 20$ on amazon, I just got one the other day

I meant the card that goes into the Vita to support the Micro SD I already have.

Attached: 1518046332174.jpg (1042x1131, 132K)

how about GB on PSP?

I guess DSlite+PSP+3DS might be best setup atm.

I guess GBA-DS-PSP emulation might be really good now thou to the point it runs on any phone fine.

thanks for the info was thinking of getting a SP but now I don't think ill bother. and just try and run GB on some thing els or fix my original Gameboy colors screen.

Oh
The white one that's on Amazon I guess
Should be 8-9 bux

>tfw you can do video out over the USB cable with a plugin

Attached: 1531525751941.png (371x532, 281K)

Enjoy your latency and frame drops unless you're at half resolution

>Enjoy your latency and frame drops unless you're at half resolution
It seems fine to me.

Attached: lefrog.jpg (423x395, 208K)

This one?
amazon.de/SD2VITA-Speicherkarte-Adapter-HENKAKU-MEMORY/dp/B07919GSDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551701304&sr=8-1&keywords=sd to vita

Attached: 36.jpg (1080x1080, 95K)

amazon.com/gp/product/B0798JJ82Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
this one actually

Found the German one, many thanks.

Try playing something that isn't a JRPG or a VN

The plugin has doesn't drop @ 30fps which is the framerate of nearly all Vita games.

With shit keyframing, I might note. Oh well, enjoy your shitty capture.

The main drawback is that the it can't output the vita's full resolution at higher than 30fps. Though given that barely any vita games do that anyway it's not hugely noticeable. Pair it with an aux cable for audio out and a dualshock 3/4 plugin and you've got a neat setup considering it didn't cost anything.

The vita hacking scene is really quite neat at the moment.

Attached: smug.jpg (440x412, 62K)

30fps on game and capture doesn't mean its smooth, you dolt. The system still refreshes the screen 60 times per second.

I don't understand. So long as the game and the capture are evenly paced shouldn't it be fine?

Attached: confused anime girl.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Because they aren't evenly paced. 30fps games, on average, show one image ever two frames. The plugin doesn't distribute the frames evenly, causing jutter.

Why even have a 30fps mode in the plugin if it doesn't have even frame pacing?

Attached: even more confused anime girl.gif (250x254, 149K)

Works just fine.

Because its impossible to hit 60fps at native res due to usb 2.0 limitations.

I use remote play on my hacked PSTV daily.

this

So it's fine for 99% of games then since they don't either?

Attached: alexdenton.png (594x442, 530K)

I guess?

Attached: IMG_20190227_113221874.jpg (3264x1836, 2.13M)

Damn all that effort for a handheld that's missing physical buttons. The vita would have been a contender if it had L3 and R3 and l2 and r2. Too bad

How's God Eater on it?

youtube.com/watch?v=w62NuIjapfk

With the 500mz o'clock, vba next.

If you dont want to use oclock, temp gba on the PSP emulator runs it well.(the one with the cats for the logo). Also runs golden sun.

Even with frameskip 1 with LOLIcon @ 500MHz I couldn't get MMZ2 to run at full speed on vga next. And tempGBA runs even worse.

That honestly shouldn't happen. I even have them running on my pstv.

Pullen my leg, and not the fun one.

This attachment works great. Bulky, so yeah, less you do some modding like peoe are doing with old Gameboys to add buttons, the vita is just shy of perfect.

Still using it tho.

Attached: HORI-remote-play-assist-attachment-for-psvita-slim.jpg (800x583, 39K)

post webm with framecounter m8

You fucks, I swear. Always making shit up, or purposely getting things wrong for attention,but I'm ready to prove it.

Give me a moment.

i love my vitas!

Attached: 1546794315882.jpg (769x697, 59K)

Memory Cards are too expensive and not many games. Muramasa is my favorite game on it and that's a port.
If the new switch model is the same size as a Vita it will be the best handheld ever made.

Nobody hates the Vita. It's (for the most part, *cough* memory cards *cough*) a very well designed device with a lot of potential. It's got it's strengths and weaknesses compared to the 3DS.

People hate how Sony handled the Vita. They gave up on it way too early. Had they doubled down and brought their franchises to it it might have been able to recover. Where was a new Gran Turismo? Where was a new God of War? The Vita was getting huge Japanese 3rd party support, why didn't Sony leverage this to be able to create games that primarily appeal to the west while still being able to sell the thing in Japan thanks to 3rd parties? 3DS didn't have that luxury, yet Sony just threw away their advantage

vita didn't get huge japanse support desu.

its more popular there than the west and still gets the odd title but its not even doing well there.

the redpill on the vita is the Switch could end up like it. the switch has only been around as long as the vita was supported and they honestly have been supported the same way if pokemon flops on switch and no new games come after that switch could die like vita.

vita lost western support in 18months and japanse support in 2years. switch has only been 2years it could die any day now and is probably likely.

phones are why the 2 new handhelds are not doing as well.

smart phones have been around since 2007 but they really took off in 2012 that's why the vita died.

I tweaked my config a bit. Increasing audio latency from 64ms to 128ms makes it a lot more playable, though still not completely up to scratch. The opening boss makes the FPS dip to about 55 but it feels terrible to play because that's slowdown rather than framedropping.

Finished recording.
I can mame a low quality gif with the counter, or take more time and make a webm.

Looking to make a webm.

Attached: zerochristmas.gif (382x263, 42K)

an extreme virgin

How will non-Vita fags ever recover?

Attached: Omega Gold Face.jpg (400x226, 44K)

32gb were never enough. I should have got those 128gb sd card to put all ps Vita and psp game I still play

Hey at least they get rid the proprietary cable.

>Have a 400gb SD2Vita.
waste of expensive SD cards
>100 Vita Games
only 2 are good
>and various DLC>
lol
>130+ GBA games
best played on some thing smaller
>70 GB/GBC
best played on some thing smaller
>60 NES
best played on small CRT or 4/8k TV with filter
>60 Gens
same as above
>120 SNES
same as above
>110 PSP games
best played on pc at 200fps and 4k
>95 PSX games
>70 Mame games
>Remote Play
to what GTsport? have to use right stick to accelerate and brake because vita doesn't have analogue buttons or triggers which is lame
>Stream my PC to Vita
why to small
>All this on the best fucking hardware for portable gaming. God Tier Sleep mode, Decent battery life, Bluetooth headset, Various Plugins to enhance games.

all these reasons are shit the only good reason for a Vita is having a 3G one and using it as a phone but im not sure if that's even possible as its only 3g data by default (thou you can get text msg if you work out the data sims number is just not reply any one hacked phone support to vita yet? if not into the trash it goes.

does the Vita have a good DAC in it I remember its system music sounding amazing. might make a ok portable music player I think it can play .wav and maybe even .flac or .alac by default.

Attached: megmanzero2_3.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

To show me activating the plugin in retroarch.

Id make one for TempGBA, but it doesn't have a FPS counter.

Attached: megmanzero2_5.webm (1280x720, 2.54M)

>on Yea Forums
>has videogames
>"lol virgin"

Attached: 1325370462787.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

>something exists
>retards on Yea Forums shit on it on principle
What's your point

Finally finished MGS3 on the 3DS, it was a bit of a trial with the low framerate and the poor aiming, but it was damn worth it.

Attached: 1551140860425.jpg (1079x1079, 166K)

Sure, but that's just the first few seconds of the game. When you get to the first stage boss the framerate dips consistently.
Minor framerate dips of ~5fps wouldn't be so bad if this were like the old PSP emulators with automatic frameskip, but Retroarch has nothing like that. The gameplay just slows down while the audio gets crackly and it's unpleasant.

>waste of expensive SD cards
Less expensive than all the alternatives you're bringing up.

Attached: 1546699245006.jpg (990x1530, 292K)

Im thinking of buying dragons crown in a few days what am I in for? and what other games should I get? Im currently playing through srw X

lol a 0$ crt or 300$ 4k tv?

you spent more on SDcards and pointless 100$ vita hardware bro.

its obviously nice to be portable thou and I guess the aspect ratio of progressive scan retro games does line up with 3x3 pixels on vita..

I guess if you care about that shit fine. but for people younger than 35 vita is pointless.

The scorpion boss. Least you played it.
Minor dips. Noticed it on temp gba, but there isn't an fps counter. Couldn't tell about the sound. Mmz always sounded cackled to me, even on my DS.

I have the MMZ collection for my 3ds. I just don't care for its ergonomics. Vita is closer to the original gba model withs its ergonomics, so ill deal with the minor sacrifice.

I'm going to stay in the vita scene, see if they update.

I really need to get around to playing soul sacrifice and selling my vita. mint condition OG unit. 2d games are not even video games

>only 2 are good.
Hyperbole at its finest.

Retarded meme spewers like this:
because of their own ignorance and retardation.
Rest are either trolls or system warriors.

>only 2 are good
Hyperbole at it's finest

Not him but I own a Vita and there are only two Vita games I enjoyed

Good for you. Enjoy your subjective tastes. You're well within your right.

Objectively. there are more than two good games available for the vita.

objectively there's no such thing as good games, because "good" is purely subjective