So which one is the better Adventure Mode?

So which one is the better Adventure Mode?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 170K)

The only thing Subspace Emissary had going for it was the cutscenes, World of Light having a bunch of event fights that are basically references to characters was much more fun to play though.

World of Light for gameplay, subspace for cutscenes.

World of light is just a glorified event mode, take that as you will

>get up to the end of WoL
>get the two bad endings first because I'm retarded
>on one of them Mario just flops over and fucking dies while the screen cuts to static and you get kicked out to the file selection
That made me really uncomfortable and I still don't know why.

The one in Melee since it actually has places from different series and not just new location and enemies made by Sakurai

but WoL has that plus actual boss fights, and it doesn't fall apart halfway through because they ran out of dev time

World of Light was pretty charming. The fight configurations often made me smile. The final part with the climb, boss rush, and last fight was also very memorable and well-done.

subspace was just bad.

World of Light had some neat "oh, neat" moments when you saw how they adapted characters, but it dragged on.

It's been a literal decade since I played Subspace Emissary, but I definitely remember the cutscenes being pretty rad. If there's something I miss from Brawl, it's that.

WOL is trash for misleading us for thinking we would have a ton of cutscenes like that

NOA didn't even bother to translate what Sakurai said properly

Sakurai made it clear in the direct that it wasn't going to be about story or cutscenes, mostly gameplay

you fucking retards never pay attention

Subspace because while WoL was kinda neat at first, the fact that it was 30 goddamn hours made it drag on far too much

NOA didn't translate it right you dumbfuck, they purposely did it to build up hype for the game

I remember the cutscenes from SSE but not much else.
I don't remember much of WoL besides it dragged on.

Both were actually shitty 'Adventure' Modes as SSE has garbage platforming and WoL had little to explore but as a 'Story' mode SSE blows WoL out of the water

Oh come on guys, I skipped the Wii era so I didn't play Brawl. An improved adventure mode can't be that bad, right? I loved the one in Melee, how bad could it be that a bunch of events are more entertaining?

World of Light because it doesn't have the fucking labyrinth of padding.

What the fuck are you talking about? Literally just watch the direct, both in the bottom text and sakurai say that it's going to be mostly about "fun" rather than story and cutscenes.

Fuck off shill, go cry over Shadow being deconfirmed

I don't give a shit about Sonic, the only character I want to be in the roster is Shy Guy but the fucking plant stole his slot.

Take the cutscenes away from subspace and you have garbage platforming

Take the references away from world of light and you still have event matches on steroids

There are bad endings?

WoL was an absolute chore to play Maybe it was because I played SSE cooperatively, but I had a lot more fun with that. It's weird that there are people that had nothing but positive things to say about the smash run mode in smash 4 but dump on SSE. Aside from the ending portion of the mode they're relatively identical.

Yes, the Law and Chaos endings. Go neutral for the good ending.

The one in melee is short
Imagine one that goes on for 4-5 hours of lackluster platforming, ezpz enemies and fairly uninspired locations
The only good parts were the cutscenes and bosses
Even the cutscenes were only really cool for the novelty. There's only actually 5-6 good moments in the whole thing

WoL is a glorified, overly bloated event mode, a mode that itself peaked with Melee.
SSE, for all its flaws, at least tried to appeal to the concept of a massive crossover. It's a shame a similar mode never returned, if Smash Run is anything to go off of it seems like they could have done a far better job if given time.

A prolonged Melee Adventure mode with more non-standard stages would be the absolute pinnacle of Smash single player modes.

> Good and bad endings in fucking Smash of all games
How the fuck has the series gone this downhill?

Still convinced world of light is about a strict and protective parent (gallem) in a custody battle with an abusive parent (darkthon) and you have to leave them both behind for the best ending.

WoL had better bosses
SSE had better progression and charm

I personally prefer WoL because it doesn't like complete shit like Brawl but if it was structured like SSE I probably would consider it a definitive upgrade. That being said, beating Galeem and Dharkon on Hard is probably the most satisfying thing that you could ever do in any of smash's single-player campaigns.

Hating SSE is a massive meme that Ultimate fags try to push.
That said, the level layout wasn't fantastic, the enemies were primarily Heartless rejects, all the locations were generic so you weren't actually visiting any iconic locations aside from the Halberd, and Brawl's physics didn't lend themselves well to the concept.
That said, it's still the best single player adventure mode Smash has gotten, and it had potential as a concept.

You didn’t notice that there were paths leading to each separate asshole?

>stop having fun in this completely nonsensical crossover game reeeee

Darkhon felt like a
>Mom said it’s my turn to play REEEEEEE

The map alone has more heart and personality to it than the entirety of SSE. World of Light shits all over SSE. Melees adventure mode does too

Subspace is truly terrible

Still waiting on that request of darkhon and Galleem as loli’s fighting over who gets to have Mario

Frankly I think most of the events in WoL were uninspired, and I often found myself getting bored.
The addition of spirits certainly didn't help, as many of them made the matches cakewalks, and you were often encouraged to use certain spirits to outright negate gimmicks that otherwise made stages unplayable. Add in the fact that many, many gimmicks were copy pasted, and you end up with a mode that drags on far longer than it needs to.

Overall, subspace was better, but the true ending of WoL was kino of the highest degree.

>WoL had better bosses
I will absolutely agree with that. SSE's bosses are frankly overrated, and overall WoL's bosses just felt more polished (though it could just be Ultimate having a far better engine than Brawl.)

you need to balnce out the final area and go straight through the middle for the good ending
you could also just run to either galleem or darkhon if you want the bad ending

Before you open up the rift? No, I didn't think you could go up to them.

> Dracula is the only 3rd party boss
Should have included Eggman in too

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask somewhere. Is there a reason to play NG+ other than getting duplicate spirits? Honestly I just started it to get the challenge but I have zero desire to play it again.

you literally called him a shill for calling you out.

Get out Grinch believer.

Who is rathalos?

>you need to balnce out the final area
Wait, is that what the winds were? I thought that was them getting stronger to encourage you to swap between each side.

I really hope the version 3 update gives us a boss rush

A series that doesn't even have a rep and Smashfags didn't care about before.

Why did Capcom get a ton of content, while Sega got shit? Look at all the new Mega Man music compared to Sonic.

Subspace was better. World of Light had some interesting shit in it, and a hybrid of the two would've been the best, but subspace does almost everything better.

People really like Megaman and Castlevania

Reminder the soundtrack was all composers choice

There is no sonic music because nobody gave a shit

Everyone saying "muh world of light is uuuhh the best" loves Nintendo shitting into their gaping mouths.

This copypasted waste of space is so bad, boring and full of filler content I don’t even know where to begin to explain how shit it is.

Everyone goes on and on about "my god these fights are SOOO CREATIVE >w

Attached: F0B3D410-59E5-49C6-9D72-225D25ADD4CB.jpg (848x480, 93K)

>A series that doesn't even have a rep and Smashfags didn't care about before.
Says the smashfag
>Why did Capcom get a ton of content, while Sega got shit? Look at all the new Mega Man music compared to Sonic.
You should already know, smashfag.

True ending lasted for like 10 seconds didn't it? They blew up and then the credits roll. SSE had way more going for it.

The only thing that really makes WoL truly shine is those god tier boss battles like Marx and Dracula. It fucking sucked I had to play through so much garbage just to get to those. All would be forgiven if there was some kinda boss rush mode that included more character specific bosses. Give me a mother brain fight, a fight against Andross (wouldn't even have to be high effort since it would essentially be master and crazy hand plus a head), some music themed throw down again DJ Octavio. They could have scrapped WoL entirely if that mode was in its place.

Nice blog

Either Eggman or Dr. Wily, either would have been fine.
Whichever one they used, they should have then used him as the final boss of both Mega Man's and Sonic's classic mode.

Hey user
You are aware you can fight bosses in Classic Mode right?

I'm not sure if you're legitimate and autistic or just falseflagging, but I unironically agree. WoL is incredibly mediocre.

yeah you need to take out an equal amount of dark and light spirits, also make sure to take out both hands and bayo and paulentena, if you do it right you should be able to enter a level in the middle, (where claus and hinawa were) you know you've done it right if master hand shows up near it.

The game still feels like there should’ve been a Pokémon boss

Pokémon Trainer and Pikachu have the unique aspect of fighting Mewtwo followed by Master Hand right after

It was such a weird situation that felt like something else should’ve happened

It’s not like Megaman, that was a full completion with Dr Mario being last and previously fighting Galleom before the bonus game

Mewtwo and Master Hand felt incomplete

Nah I got it, I've just learnt in this thread that I missed a bunch of stuff to that last area, even if I did get the best ending.

I'm just pissed off I wasted 30 hours on this shit because my friends were like "yeah but the ending was so worth it", like it was the first fucking prerendered cutscene they ever saw.

That’s to say: no, it wasn’t worth it at all.

Very aware. I was really just overstating how the bosses were really the only good part of the mode. The rest was really just the event from from melee as someone pointed out earlier. Classic mode is sorta disappointing since they only have so many bosses they can pair up with each of the 70+ characters. I'm not asking for a crazy 70+ unique boss fights, I just feel like some obvious ones are missing.

WOL outstays its welcome pretty fast, there's a ton of filler without some interesting deviations from the main gameplay. SSE has much better pace except for the very last level.
On a related note, I think Classic Mode is a waste of potential because most of the characters' bosses are just Master/Crazy Hand.

I don't mind most of the bosses being Master/Crazy Hand, but some routes do feel like they suffer from missed potential, and I would have liked to see fewer Master/Crazy Hand finals.
Ness's final stage should have been Mewtwo followed by Marx.

SMASH RUN

SSE is overrated. Never played WoL.

If WoL had a couple more bosses (pokey, fug, Sigma) and a non-generic endboss (Sephiroth or hades are good candidates) it would've been pretty solid

It's not even accurate to call WoL and Adventure mode. It's literally just a bunch of event matches, there's no real entertainment beyond the "oh hey that's a cool" factor with how the way the reference characters. And even then some of them become a real stretch. Subspace was an actual Adventure with cool cutsenes, I personally had no issue with the gameplay of Subspace so I prefer that over WoL.

They should have just brought back Smash Run and had some of the new AT's like Simon, Knuckles, Zero and Shovel Knight act as mini-bosses that would spawn around the map for whoever got to them to take out. You could scorn extra points for taking them out but they also are more durable than in normal matches.

I wish they added more stage variety to Master Hand fights in Classic. I loved how Master Hand just descends onto New Donk City at the end of DK's campaign.

Ironically I'd say SSE is underrated now, since a majority of Ultimatefags spend all their freetime bashing the mode.

The gameplay was pretty good, using all the platforming aspects of the game to more than just the stages. Character swap and co-op was ridiculously entertaining.