*destroys your health bar*

*destroys your health bar*

Attached: tron bonne mvc2.gif (230x200, 447K)

*is theoretically the highest of all tiers"

Attached: mvc2-dhalsim--article_image[1].jpg (400x278, 35K)

I thought TB was mid-tier at best.

hewwo!

Attached: Mvc2-roll (1).jpg (480x900, 85K)

Yeah why does no one play him?

Upper mid. Basically the last tournament viable character, she's featured on quite a few teams. She has a fucking amazing assist. Y assist is her crouching LK but glitched so it does 15 damage per hit instead of 3.

Attached: Boner Blanco.jpg (1440x1440, 285K)

I love the art in MvC2

Attached: tron-mvc2-big.jpg (323x585, 44K)

Nobody plays Dhalsim because a sufficiently intelligent octopus hasn't learned to play MvC2 yet.

Everybody post your squad

Attached: MVC2 team.png (606x200, 23K)

Why is Thanos so lame in this game?

Also Gambit/Charlie/Ruby gang

Cute! I miss this penciled style

I think Thanos is fun
I just think that it's weird that he fights by blowing bubbles

STOOOOP NOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Boner black.jpg (720x405, 32K)

Why wasn't Norimaro and Anita added to the final roster?

Capcom needed an OP character.

Whats the optimal way to play this on PC?

you got it

Attached: MvC2.gif (371x145, 10K)

Norimaro has all sorts of rights issues, and Anita was literally a joke the MSH devs threw together because they had a couple kilobytes of ROM space left over. They didn't even expect anyone to actually find her, but someone in the know leaked the code.

DEmul
Naomi and Dreamcast version both work perfectly
idk how to import saves so I use the Naomi version when playing with bros since you can use cheats to unlock all the characters
BUT the DC version has a training mode. Just the way to unlock characters on DC is fucking retarded and takes a very long time.
So I have both downloaded, and I just keep the DC version on in training mode overnight to get the retarded points needed to unlock characters
You know what fuck it, does anyone have a 100% save for MvC2 on DEmul?

*destroys your cock*

If by health bar you mean my dick and heart then yes.

Dhalsim is MvC2 is real bizarre.Technically speaking he is far better then even the four god tier characters but to actual play him at such a level literally is not humanely possible as it requires constant frame perfect inputs. technically speaking at a TAS level Dhalsim is the best character in the game but no person will ever be able to pull off a fraction of his potential. Still, he's good even without TAS level inputs, I have seen him used in mid tier tournaments pretty frequently, it's just that technically he can be god tier or even greater.

>we'll never get good sprite animation ever again
Just end me already.

Holy fuck, this is team i use myself when playing. Sometimes I may swap Rogue for Megaman or Iceman when messing around though.

Attached: MvC2 xbox.jpg (800x1126, 387K)

This. OP sprite has hardly aged at all.

Tron Bonne is cute. There, I said it.

It'd be funny if they had both an Iceman on the Marvel side and an Iceman on the Capcom side

Attached: iceman.jpg (232x240, 9K)

Funny, if I swap anyone it's Rogue for Spiral

To be fair Tron looks so good because she was one of the new characters developed for MvC2 so the art team had had years of experience. The other completely new characters like Jill, Ruby Heart Amingo, Sonson, Cable, and Marrow all looked amazing but then you had sprites like Morrigan who still used her sprite from Vampire/Darkstalkers 1 from six years prior to MvC2. MvC2 looks like a clusterfuck in all honesty.

Attached: 1495229525457.gif (500x561, 130K)

mvc2 artwork was scanned or completely digital?

What's a health bar?

Attached: e12eedb91313ea9f8dcd67a9a50e617a--marvel-vs-comic-books.jpg (376x585, 47K)

Jill Sakura Rogue

Attached: 1459208643193.gif (500x529, 200K)

>he doesn't charging star

holy shit i share a board with fucking plebians

Attached: 1551413376580.gif (384x224, 108K)

here's my friend's team

Attached: friend's mvc2 team.png (1204x667, 1.51M)

that's not how you say 3 cables each in different stances

Probably digital, digital art became mainstream around the fifth gen of consoles and was much easier on artists.
One of the few MvC2 artworks I always thought looked bad actually. It's good for the most part but those arms are just ridiculously thin.

Shuma being in always amazed me. Supposedly Capcom fought tooth and nail to have him in as Marvel could give two fucks about him and would often prioritize or demand more famous characters

drawn analogue, scanned, and colored digitally.

meant for

*would literally be God tier if he had average health*

Attached: Mvc2-wolverine.jpg (550x800, 93K)

why do so many newer fighting games have ugly 3d graphics when most older games like third strike and mvc2 look objectively better

3d is cheaper than hand drawn 2d

No one knows how to do good pixel art anymore

*massages your butt*

Attached: tronbeyondthebeyond.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

I'm glad Shuma is in, but who at Capcom likes him so much and why?

>all these tentacles
I can't imagine why Shuma is liked by someone at Capcom with all their sexy, vulnerable female characters available.

noone is going to invest in a skill that will just get downloaded for free anyway
learn a real skill that makes money instead like fighting fires and doing good things for society

Third Strike and MvC2 were also made using older sprites. Third Strike came out two years after New Generation and MvC2 had some sprites that were six to seven years old at that point. Third Strike still looks great but it should be acknowledged that they had years to refine and work on it. It's interesting though as often I see people say they find the UI and stages of New Generation/Second Impact to be better then Third Strike's.

bump

I got a great pc but fuck if I couldn't stop the slowdown in demul.

My PC isn't too great (i3 3160 and GTX750Ti) but MvC2 runs perfectly
Shenmue ran like shit but MvC2 is fine

BEHOLD

Attached: 1530288603190.gif (298x180, 202K)

It must be something with the emulator and threads. My 7700k should be fine lol

When I first got the game and was just fucking around: Spidey/Venom/Doom or CapCom
When I started to treat the game halfway seriously: Cable/Colossus/Juggernaut

I prefer UmvC3

Attached: 1457311174565.jpg (500x621, 80K)

>Yeah why does no one play him?
I do.

idk maybe try different versions of the emulator or something
or maybe a different DC emulator even though they probably suck more

not exactly a controversial opinion.

Attached: 5f2d30ed32cc2533d596cca38b0de453.jpg (650x1200, 79K)

First time seeing her full idle animation, that's pretty neat.

why does she wear a thong

that's stars and stripes

ICE BEAM

Attached: iceman-icebeam.gif (190x120, 22K)

Why not?

magneto storm psylocke

yep im a fag

she's 14

Ryu/Shuma-Gorath/Sonson
Only recently got a PS2 and have never played against a human.

She can destroy my bar all she wants.

Attached: Tron3.jpg (740x1062, 239K)

Ps2 version is pretty wonky but unless you care about competitive, which you don't since you only play single player, it should be fine. There are some annoying graphical glitches though.

>Ps2 version is pretty wonky
Explain, not that user but I'm interested.

As I said in my post, it suffers from various graphical glitches and some slowdown. It's perfectly fine if you just want to fuck around with a friend but for the competitive scene it's not allowed as it's just too inaccurate. the best console port, beside the ps3/xbox 360 version obviously, is the dreamcast version which is almost arcade perfect. the xbox version is sort of inbetween quality wise, not as bad as ps2 but worse then dreamcast.

Graphical glitches and slowdown, removes some bugs (the ones that people like)

You have failed in more than 1 way just now

can reploids get pregnant? never played mm legends

Reploids are no longer a thing by the time Legends comes around. They've been replaced by Carbons. They might as well be humans as they're practically identical to humans.

Why were the Marvel characters so much stronger than the Capcom ones?

Depended on the players. Certain people made strider look like a god though. He was certainly able to keep up with people at higher levels paired with doom.

NOW
I'M
MOTIVATED

Attached: MOTIVATED.jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

Cable/Captain Commando/Jin

Attached: capcom-antiair.gif (320x224, 65K)

Strider, Psylocke, and I'm still searching for a third. Colossus seems like fun. Wish I knew who else has three/four-hit strings like Strider and Psylocke.

The Xmen and MSH sprites were bigger and designed with the more over the top combat system of their series in mind. Meanwhile most Capcom characters (mainly SF and DS) were smaller and come from games with more "honest" combat system or traditional footsies. The brand new Capcom characters that made their fighting game debut in the VS series like Captain Commando or Strider fare better.

__________more

Attached: 1533032890301.gif (498x372, 518K)

OPTIC... BLAST! I DID IT!

the marvel characters are definitely stronger for the most part. Strider with doom is really the only capcom character that holds his own vs the good characters. Tron and commando can do a little something, but they're mostly relegated to assists

Attached: 1543064019497.jpg (1024x768, 332K)

>No one ever mentions blackheart
This makes me sad

What happened to MVC bros?

Attached: feelsbadmeown.jpg (900x900, 50K)

the mouse happened user

Blackheart's fun as fuck

They really need to choose another company to do these Vs. games with next time, like Sega or something.

Attached: tron does some science.png (1480x2073, 740K)

No one one really mentions anyone beside the top eight or so, that's just how dominant they are. In more recent years mid tier tournies have become more popular I've noticed. I feel people still love mvc2, but even the top players are sick of the god tier characters by now I feel.

Blackheart was Dormammu before Dormammu.