ITT: Franchises that should have died 10 years ago

ITT: Franchises that should have died 10 years ago

Attached: 5c770cb226289847a00f8043-750-375.jpg (750x375, 78K)

ok genfourer

Attached: puttputt.png (112x112, 871)

/thread

The bunny is okay but the other two are just okay.

Attached: 1539241191432.gif (720x720, 1.2M)

basically what I'm saying is they're all alrite

the bun needs to calm down a bit though

Attached: 1522384902954.gif (720x720, 806K)

Fire Emblem

just a bit though

Attached: 1533074110216.gif (720x720, 1.81M)

I'm a grassfag for life, but I have to admit that my first thought when seeing Grookey and Sobble were "these look like fakemon". I might appreciate their designs more once I get a look at their evolutions, but at the moment they're lacking in comparison to previous starters for me.

>retards hate it that it's a traditional pokemon game rather than that garbage theme park bullshit that was LGPE
this might be a good game

No, retards wanted it to be open world BotW level stupidity.

Grookey chads rise up

How about a Pokemon game that actually looks fucking good? This game looks extremely effortless, it's basically just upscaled Sun&Moon. The characters and the environments look like crap, and the Pokemon animations awful. Fucking Battle Revolution pushed the limits on how a Pokemon game would've looked if it had been 3D and that was on the fucking Wii. There's no excuse for a billion-dollar franchise to look this bad. Even games known for rehashes like CoD and Assassin's Creed stepped their game up.

Attached: 4cf.jpg (499x468, 54K)

Sure go wait 10 years for a new pokemon game since there are almost 1000 pokemon already and you have to do new models and animations for every single one

Know what Pokemon games looked good? Gen IV and Gen V. They should go back to sprites.

all previous generation pokemon appearing in every single main series game is going to kill the series. 5th gen had the right idea with the soft reboot, even if only for the length of the main plot.

Attached: you.png (116x145, 9K)

Nah, gen 5 was good. Gen 6 is objectively where it got worse

It's going to be the same shit as SM and ORAS.

every generation you cope and pretend you are the baiter

Retard
Based

The new starters are unironically better than gen 5, 6 and 7

They literally can not get any worse than 6 and 7

Game Freak is a small indie developer! They in no way can afford the talent for such a task. It's not like Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise. So, what if Pokemon sells more than most AAA games?

I don't know what starters have to do with the quality of the game as a whole. Also that's totally subjective. I think all the gen 8 starters are pretty "meh".

5*

This could work if handled correctly. For example, instead of LGPE being the disaster it was, you could have a re-imagining of Kanto and Johto where you start from Pallet and travel through the two regions. This game includes the first four gens and uses an engine similar to the one in Battle Revolution. With this way you can give every animation and model necessary for the Pokemon and their moves. Then the next installment could be a completely different region with all gens together. Afterwards you move on to the 8th gen.

Attached: 1539812302088.png (490x590, 421K)

There are like, 700 Yokai at this point in Yokai Watch, each with their own 3D model, and you can have any of them follow you around, and not only that, but you can play a complete sub-game called Blasters where you take control of any Yokai and have three others tag along to be your dps, tank, or healer and go through dungeons and fight bosses and find treasure in shit.

Attached: tumblr_pfq4k6Guju1ufr0jio1_1280.jpg (1280x845, 497K)

Game Freak utterly and completely BTFO forever

Yokai Watch is also a shit game in general.

Cute bun.

Attached: 1547294981309.png (320x240, 109K)

Mad Pokebab. 3 blows all the 3DS and Switch Pokemon games out of the water in quality and content.

Good joke, user.

Attached: 1536461366821.png (800x949, 356K)

>Can't actually make an argument, has to pretend he won by posting a reaction image

>HE'S NOT JOKING

Attached: 1538380078757.gif (460x316, 2.68M)

>>it's a shit game because it does more than pokemon
nice excuse

>A bunch of virgins on /vp/ made a better Pokemon game than Gamefreak ever will.

>The fact people are so fucking BTFO by this still is actually still funny

It's a shit game because the core gameplay is absolute ass, as is the monster recruiting.

No they didn't, that fan game was cringe as fuck

That was the point you mong, it’s satire.

Stay ass-blasted Pokenigger. Better luck in 3 years. Maybe then you'll have a somewhat decent game.

Attached: COD_blog_news_updates_videos.jpg (526x275, 50K)

You mean 20 years ago

And I'm hoping you'll actually get one, one day. Never give up hope, it could happen!

>They literally can not get any worse than 6 and 7
They did with Gen 5

>literally no option to attack when you want
>your yokai attack by themselves while you play candy crush
>somehow this is better than an actual RPG
Nah, man. Nah.

>Can't actually make an argument, has to pretend he won by posting a reaction image

you didn't technically provide an argument either, retard.

Cope.

Attached: 1534406360399.png (722x720, 580K)

>Someone makes an excuse for Game Freak's laziness, trying to say that it's actually super hard when it's honestly not
>Someone else comes in saying and describing how this other game and their company are doing what Game Freak doesn't and won't do while having just as many models to work with
>Y-YEAH B-B-BUT... YOUR GAME IS SHIT!!! IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!
No point in arguing with people pretending to be retarded. This is Yea Forums after all.

>>Someone else comes in saying and describing how this other game and their company are doing what Game Freak doesn't and won't do while having just as many models to work with

But that's the problem you fucking idiot, he made a statement WITHOUT PROVIDING AN ARGUMENT TO REINFORCE IT, god you're fucking stupid.

Nobody said it was hard, the only comparisons between Pokemon and Yokai were made by you. Nobody cares about Yokai because the gameplay is literally the most braindead shit, you don't actually control your mons, you just watch them fight. It's KH3 tier bad.

>Other company puts a ton of effort into their game and fills it to the brim with content to keep the player coming back
>Game Freak doesn't, and actively cuts out content, because Masuda claims kids don't have time for video games
What is there to argue? Hello??

>He thinks he can auto his way through Yokai Watch
>3 literally changed the combat entirely and forces you to strategically move your Yokai around on a grid to avoid shit
Enjoy getting pummeled into the ground, especially on bosses.

>Other company puts a ton of effort into their game and fills it to the brim with content to keep the player coming back
Except having good monsters designs or engaging gameplay.

literally changed the combat entirely and forces you to strategically move your Yokai around on a grid to avoid shit
So basically the game was so shit they had to completely change it in order to make it slightly less shit.

>Butt-flustered Pokebab pretending like all Pokemon designs are elder god tier when the new ones that just got revealed are absolutely hilariously awful
>Not only that, but berates a company for putting the effort in and willingly making a major change to help improve the game's quality
Cope seething Pokefag.

Why are you so angry?

is this Alita's brother Alito?

Greentext isn't an argument.

Get dunked on ya bitter 22 year old flunkie

Attached: FB_IMG_1551284524996.jpg (723x721, 54K)

The new starters haven't revealed their evolved forms yet. Give it time. These, too, will turn into shit.

So why is that franchise a bust now?

>i-i-it's sup-p-posed to be b-bad, BAKA

I don't know OP. It still produces amazing doujins because pokegirls are top tier.

The video game industry

>Assblasted
>Better luck in 3 years
You know Yokai Watch is dying, if not already dead, right? Pokemon is doing better and always will be doing better. Stay assblasted, hipster? Better luck in 3 years???

It's not OP's fault gen 4 was the last time Game Freak tried to make a good game.

>the last good Pokemon is the one that came out when I was still young enough to play Pokemon in a socially acceptable manner

You're thinking of gen 5, user. The DS pokegames were objectively the best.

I was 21 when Black 2 and White 2 came out, though.

Attached: atelierfiris.jpg (603x640, 68K)

They should've made another game like Colosseum or ExDee, those were fucking kino

>Still desperately saying that Yokai Watch is dead despite the games still selling in the millions, mobile game is still top 10 highest grossing in Japan, ratings are good, the 4th mainline title is releasing in Japan this year, and a new anime/manga got announced a week back
There's no reason to be upset.

Attached: 1549592689726.png (265x213, 35K)

>has yet to do ANYTHING outside of Japan
もう死んでいる, ヒップスターくん。

Yokai Watch will never be anything outside of niche in gaijin lands. The games are WAY too Japanese for non nip kids to understand the references and shit.

Or just port them in a bundle

It is never going to die.
There will always be children to enjoy these games that have never experienced them before. It's you that has gotten older and jaded with your shitty nostalgia goggles.You pretending to know what children like to play be forcing what you liked as a children is autistic.

Attached: 1551298640599.png (698x846, 178K)

It's fine for kids to enjoy them, I just wish they'd go the extra mile to make them good for series veterans as well