vocaroo.com/i/s1DB4SdmLqMC
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/
imgur.com/a/bboUpQC
pastebin.com/1QTkwpxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking based

Attached: monokuma.jpg (1536x864, 165K)

Attached: the fuck.jpg (275x279, 16K)

Unironically the best VN candidate for Smesh.

Attached: temp.png (226x267, 45K)

Based despair

What's his Final Smash?

Attached: Monokuma.jpg (1191x670, 45K)

As much as I'd love a unique execution for each fighter, it'd be the giant robot from UDG.

youtu.be/nN7WEQfINFE?t=1491

After School Lesson is generic enough that they could just use it for all fighters.

I really want this

youtube.com/watch?v=_oAtyU1udZg

its simply can't be anything else besides a punishment.

Danganronpa was a mistake, and its main gook is a hack

Would actually be fitting as fuck

Probably Leon's execution

Attached: 20171017091337_1.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

based

Attached: 1540090474855.png (1920x1088, 1.84M)

If he got in, his palette options would 100% be the kubs, Kurokuma and Shirokuma too.

Attached: 20170926102517_1.jpg (1920x1080, 534K)

Well, actually, what killed her was the crushing.

>Danganronpa was a mistake

I liked it better than 999, and it seems most Japs agree, judging by v3's sales vs. Zero Time Dilemma's.

I'd go so far to say I like it better than phoenix wright too

I bought these games, should I play them?

*blocks your path*

Attached: Junpei999.png (1756x3886, 3.9M)

I think I like it about the same as Phoenix Wright. Monokuma in Smash would be ridiculous. I don't know if they could get away with it.

They got away with Bayonetta.

Attached: 1299079584384.jpg (250x205, 21K)

he's in

Attached: monodab.jpg (877x600, 57K)

Yes. 1 then 2 then V3. Ultra Despair Girls is an 7/10 with interesting ideas. The Danganronpa 3 anime is the weakest part of the story.

based

Attached: Monokuma.png (1438x810, 325K)

Space Journey or Detention, definitely.

I'd rather have a cel-shaded fighting game instead. Mainly because I'd want to main Komaru.

Imagine if one of his colors was the original concept design

Attached: Distrust Monokuma.jpg (620x488, 31K)

>Boring anime human

What would even be his fighting style? To SHIFT around and win the fight after losing?

Attached: 1533477475420.png (480x272, 92K)

For me, as ZE got worse, DR got better.
I love 999 while the other 2 are mixed potatoes, and I love D2 and V3. The first one was just kinda cliche anime trash and I almost skipped the series because of it.

>this cutscene triggers with Mario or Pikachu in the chair
I can only imagine.

Attached: 1545230879505.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Blast-off round 3

Attached: 1507512569233.png (960x560, 229K)

UDG is a great story with mediocre gameplay, I'd just watch in on YT honestly

Danganronpa 3 is the Zero Time Dilemma of Danganronpa though

Good thing it was relegated to an anime then while V3 was actually kino

D3 is wasted potential. I would've loved to see that roster in a fleshed out game.

Attached: [Hope] Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Future Arc - 08 [92F845E4].mkv_snapshot_1 (1280x720, 1.46M)

It's charming enough. I'd much rather earn my cutscenes personally.

I hated all of them except the old guy and the girl that couldn't have sugar. Weebman, sweets maker and captain gay being the worst

Attached: 1548368947777.jpg (1000x1200, 371K)

DR3 looks like it had a shitty budget even by anime standards.

>not being a JUZO BOY

Poor taste

At least the Future Arc was fun enough, had a unique cast, and went back to the basics of a killing game of sorts. Everything DR3 retconned about DR2 was a travesty though.

Attached: 1533659156886.jpg (709x633, 79K)

I wanted more of Seiko and the blacksmith dude, NotYu is hateable, but the good kind.

The quality is all over the place

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Danganronpa 3 - Future Arc - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.46_[2016.08.15_11.27.28].png (1280x720, 1.05M)

The only thing it retconned was there being a real Nanami, which just made everything much more sad.

Maybe not a "retcon" per se, but the fact it absolved ALL of DR2's class of any wrongdoing because "muh mindmagic" was a travesty. They should have been people who made bad decisions but instead nope, dindu nuffin, junko is the only villain.

That was the entire goal of 2 from the outset though.

I mean... Solid Snake and Bayonetta are in the game. Joker too if you wanted to count “mature” games.

They claimed "despair" had gripped them and tried to roll back their memories, they never established Junko used literally brainwash on them.

It was stated in DR2 that Junko manipulated them individually, playing on their fears and insecurities. While being vague enough that the brainwashing anime technically worked, it was very underwhelming to what the game originally implied

Brainwashing was already setup in zero and her erasing everyone's memories in 1.

>Their will never be a danganronpa fighting game that plays like P4AU
>I will never main Nagito and rely on my ultimate to win every match
Shit sucks

Attached: F0FE5581-7654-412D-8654-39C8FA2A76CD.png (350x350, 120K)

Erasing memories is not akin to controlling their actions. Not at all.

said it best. It was a quick resolution to what could have been an intricate plot. Brainwashing is a heavyhanded stroke that undermines the situation. Junko doesn't appear as brilliant for having such a catch-all manipulation tool, and the students don't seem accountable at all for any wrongdoing, which is really shitty and the kind of thing you do so fickle otakus still love your characters.

>Dead series getting into Smash

Wouldn't be the first time

I think the point is that cast was just too nice to become what they said without some kind of external influence.

Good luck balancing Nekomaru, Akane, and most importantly, Sakura.

And the four dark devas of destruction

Attached: 1550679687305.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Of course they are, they're soft, otaku pandering nice guys and girls who the player needs to love unconditionally. The reveal that they actually did terrible, monstrous acts was a shocking, excellent twist. Now completely undone.

Attached: 1537365474249.jpg (800x800, 312K)

They still did the things and get to live with it. Mikan full of the semen of politicians embedded into her body, Nagito has junko's smashed arm, Sonia probably let Soda touch her. Gross

None of the transplanted stuff stuck around. Nagito has a robot arm now.

The more you guys talk about him the more I'd be alright with his inclusion, but I don't DR is big enough for him to be plausible.

It's not the same as living with your own decisions. It could be an uplifting story about trying to make up for decisions you made, but instead it lets them off the hook. It feels engineered for the sake of loving the characters when it isn't at all necessary. Not to me at least.

Attached: 1538735245906.jpg (800x672, 188K)

>the fucking danganronpa bear over Wright

It would be hilarious if it happened, and thus I want it to. I just wonder which is more popular in nipland.

Wright got into MvC already. Him in Smash isn't quite as absurd anymore. Monokuma still has that kick of absurdity to it.

It was shit but dont even pretend you didnt enjoy the threads

I want Layton

Attached: 2019-01-29-56474.jpg (600x728, 183K)

>Wright is owned by Capcom
>Capcom would want Dante, RE, etc. before Wright
>Monokuma is owned by Chunsoft
>Chunsoft would just be happy to have a character in Smash
Monokuma makes twice as much sense as Phoenix Wright.

OBJECTION

Attached: AB633B18-8405-4EF1-A94A-DDD4E7D4DFBA.jpg (600x444, 36K)

as someone who's had wright as his number 1 since smash 4 was announced, I have to admit that monokuma would be far wackier and more of an interesting choice at this point

I want Lady Layton

Here is your complete fighter's pass, bro

Attached: fps.jpg (4026x1602, 580K)

>threads still up
based danganchads

anyone interested in zanki zero? getting some etryian odyssey vibes from it, weird that its releasing on the same day as the ace attorney trilogy though

This would be nice desu, no BS out of the blue character, plus everyone seems to fit with the cast. Good job user

>No Korekiyo with a floorboard launcher

Attached: 1507523094131.png (1324x806, 617K)

Plus none of them are repped in the game at all so no Spirit deconfirmation bs

Future Arc was classic Danganronpa. The code bracelets were a really entertaining gimmick that wouldn't have worked in the game but made for a nice anime-only obstacle. The characters were less distinct than the games but still mostly good.

Even the past arc in DR3 wasn't too bad though. Some great fanservicey scenes with those characters, even if some of the retcons were a little goofy. Nagito's gun jamming was great, for instance.

Consider for a moment, Megaman got in 4 before Ryu or anybody from RE. Modern Capcom (especially of the time) would not have supported that. I don't think it is up to Capcom.

Attached: 1537300926106.png (284x296, 60K)

I’m imagining Phoenix and Monokuma being revealed together in some kind of courtroom trailer and my dick can’t take it

At first it’s a Dangan X Smash trailer, with Monokuma reveal trailer, and at the end “Hold It!” and the spiked lawyer announces he’s joining too

Shuichi killed Danganronpa. Don't let all his hard work go to waste.

I'd be pretty excited to play as all of these guys.

Attached: based.gif (256x192, 19K)

>The characters were less distinct than the games but still mostly good.
I think that's just inevitable when you have no "free time" to learn their quirks.

I'm pretty it's been confirmed that aside from Sonic and Snake in Brawl, Sakurai goes to developers to ask for third party characters

I at least see Cuphead as a very likely addition. Nintendo partnering with Microsoft could see a port for the game and the DLC is coming out sometime. I could see them doing it for the promo like Bayonetta.

Izuru fucked dead junko

Are stevebros welcome in this thread? how about an alliance?

Attached: 1549905300239.png (680x680, 292K)

frankly, Nintendo is way too shitty to do something that cool. Why do that when they can just throw in another fire emblem thing

I'm shocked there was enough left.

Because they promised the DLC to be surprising and worth the money, and the Joker thing at least hints at more 3rd party reveals. FE would be pointless, especially when they just threw one in already.

you'll have to get through first

Like fucking a pancake

Also the Richter reveal with Simon was pretty cool and unexpected, and that was just for the base game.

Man I hope not. Fire Emblem would be the death of hype. Anybody beats more of that.

Attached: 1543895650780.png (323x289, 54K)

just trying to keep my expectations low. The Joker reveal is the best one they've ever done, but Monokuma would be on the same level of unpredictable and I just don't see it happening. If the second character they announce is really out of left field then I'll get my hopes up for all of them to be incredible choices.

Future Arc was so poorly written, it's not classic DR at all.

Together, we're gonna end Super Smash Bros.!

Attached: a91a42f8a511b82e90249e9e764e38b8.jpg (1376x730, 406K)

Just had a thought: how long has DxM been in production? Could we get a promotional character for that?

How would you rate Ibuki on a scale from 0 to 10?

Attached: 1523594968884.jpg (800x968, 1.29M)

I wouldn't be surprised if they put in Three Houses avatar 2 years from now but I don't see FE being anywhere near the Fighter's Pass

It was absolutely classic DR. Just the right level of stupid, mixed with a killing game.

not the guy you're responding to, but classic danganronpa to me is quality characters you end up really liking and then being forced to prove your favorite killed your second favorite and then realizing the shitty characters you hated in the beginning aren't so shitty after all
the only characters I cared about in DR3 were the ones from the games.

It's really hard for you to feel the same level of empathy for these characters when you aren't down in the action with them, like in the games. "Free time" also adds an extra dimension to their personality that can't be easily observed from just observing their behaviors. I don't think all the characters were super memorable either, but you have to be slightly forgiving of these shortcomings just because of the format of an anime.

Attached: 57874672_p0.jpg (2000x2829, 834K)

What would the roster look like for a DR fighting game? All of the leads are the least wacky/interesting characters in their games but I can't imagine them all being cut. Would all the blackened be guaranteed a spot?

Attached: 1524519732461.png (128x128, 21K)

The series is dead now right?
Pity because V3 was definitely my favorite, I literally don't care about 1 & 2 after playing it.

The last number of this post / 10

I think both blackened and victims contain interesting pools of characters. I suppose you could do a spin where the fighting tournament is some kind of otherworldly "punishment" for the killers. But you'd miss out on a lot of potential only sticking to that.

Also it's a bit spoilery.

Attached: f69c1ebeafc1e227e0c043d1cdb32a76.jpg (1300x1338, 1.86M)

DR is comedic, self-aware and full of charm. The show was melodramatic, shounen garbage with no hint of irony. Full of ridiculous plot armor to keep certain characters alive and taking zero risks which is the opposite of what the games do. Kodaka didn't even write the shows and you can tell.

>I literally don't care about 1 & 2 after playing it.
1 and especially 2 are great fun, if you're one of those "HURF DURF IT'S FICTION" brainlets, get out of my face.

Attached: 52394800_p0.jpg (980x690, 427K)

>it's a bit spoilery
A DR fighting game would be filled to the brim with fanservice. I feel like if you're buying a fanservice game you probably already know the spoilers from the franchise.

>1 and especially 2 are great fun
I played 1 & 2, I liked 1 but 2 felt meh to me to be honest. I like the 3 anime a lot though.
Ultra despair girls I honestly prefer over 2.

>if you're one of those "HURF DURF IT'S FICTION" brainlets, get out of my face.
I don't really know what the fuck this is to be honest. I just know V3 had a fair bit of hate for trying to be "moral" despite it being the fans being dumb and not understanding it was just meant to be a twist and nothing more than that. I dunno what you mean though unless its that?

I agree, but I don't think a crossover fighting game needs to even address all the plot details of the past games. Saying "____ killed ____" doesn't really need to happen. It may not even be canon to this theoretically AU game.

Attached: 1542872345997.jpg (1511x2047, 443K)

>I played 1 & 2, I liked 1 but 2 felt meh to me to be honest. I like the 3 anime a lot though.
I hope you did them in the proper order, because 3 steals a lot of 2's thunder. UDG is interesting, and the most interesting, darkest plot of all of them in my opinion. But the gameplay is really pretty mediocre.
>I dunno what you mean though unless its that?
I mean because Danganronpa 1 and 2 are not canon to V3's universe. They are works of fiction there, like they are here in ours. Some people think that somehow undoes them as their own experience, or makes them somehow even MORE fiction than they already are. If you don't subscribe to that, good. It's moronic.

UDG gameplay is really boring, but Monica easily became one of my favorite villains. She was everything Junko in DR3 should've been

I'm glad they ported it to PC and all so more people can play it. But mouse aim really makes the game too fucking easy. You can crit monokumas with such ease, that I barely had to use any of those secondary weapons.

Too bad they wasted all her potential. Then again I like that she became a teenager and stopped giving a shit

>I like that she became a teenager and stopped giving a shit
When you put it like that, it makes quite a bit of sense. Still disappointing though.

>I hope you did them in the proper order
Yeah I did! I had lots of fun with each entry honestly! I was very specific about doing this series in order.
For me though 2 never out during play vs the entries though. I found the cast fairly boring and the kills not as interesting?
I also didn't like the way Junko was used in that one. Its not a bad entry I would still class it as good of course, just for me it felt a bit flat vs the other entries. I still like it however.

>UDG is interesting, and the most interesting, darkest plot of all of them in my opinion. But the gameplay is really pretty mediocre.
Gameplay is definitely mediocre, I enjoyed the gameplay but its certainly nothing special. I loved UDG's story so much though I can't disagree at all, very fun to see what came next constantly.

>Some people think that somehow undoes them as their own experience
Are you fucking serious? I think I saw this complaint once, I tuned out from V3 opinions because I thought a lot what people said was dumb. (such as the moral complaints) but fucking hell that one is stupid.I don't sub to that don't worry, I can't believe that's a fucking thing.

I enjoyed Monica a lot! That being said I enjoyed DR3 Junko regardless. My favorite take on Junko is definitely V3.

>3 steals a lot of 2's thunder
More like shits a pile of fucking crap on it and flips the middle finger for good measure

>I like the 3 anime a lot though.
fucking why

Monokuma, Makoto, Hajime w/ Izuru, Nagito, Genocider, Gundham, Akane, Kyoko, Chiaki w/ Usami, Mondo, Aoi w/ Sakura, Yasuhiro, Mahiru, Nekomaru, JUZO, Tengen, Murkuro, Kiibo, Korekiyo, Tenko, Miu, Gonta, Ryoma, Peko.
Why do I do this.

For me it felt like a replacement to DR2 and more (somehow faithful) to DR1 and reminded me of UDG. I understand if people hate it, hell I don't like the way it shat on some of DR2's story elements to be honest, but I found myself more able to enjoy that DR2 to be honest.

I know its not really a popular opinion (I still like DR2) but I do prefer every entry in the franchise over DR2, which surprises me since DR2 should be a favorite to me purely based on the environment, I adore the idea so much.

Sorry if my like for DR3 is shit though, I'm not going to say I'm right by any means, but I did enjoy it.

You're entitled to your opinions, but I personally think DR2 and V3 are close to tied for best game. With 1 not too terribly far behind. I guess D3 just ticked some checkboxes with you it didn't for many others.

Attached: 1548209125899.jpg (694x700, 159K)

Solid roster, tbqh

Attached: 1526179297893.gif (500x390, 1.92M)

Come on dude you can't have it without Junko.

Because Megaman and SF are more commonly associated with Nintendo than RE. But I do think Leon is guaranteed if we get a 3rd Capcom newcomer.

The threads are half the reason it was watchable man

At least D3 had great intro songs, for both arcs.

That's not really the point. It was evidence toward Capcom not being at the wheel of roster decisions. You're just supporting that notion.

I LOVE TENKO

Attached: EFF8CDA9-4BD6-44F6-86CA-D76BE2442D76.jpg (931x1024, 138K)

They aren't. Square tried to put in Noctis but Sakurai insisted on Cloud, for example. An RE rep is the next logical choice though.

She'd be fun as hell to hang out with

>Square tried to put in Noctis
Where did you hear this? I don't doubt that at all though.

>Puhuhu
get out dubfag

>I can't wait, I can't wait!

Attached: Mono.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1DB4SdmLqMC

Attached: Danganronpa_1_Monokuma_Halfbody_Sprite_(PSP)_(10).png (140x243, 41K)

>Sakurai: This isn’t an exact number, but among the requests for a Final Fantasy character to appear in Smash, around ¼ to ⅓ of the requests we got from fans were for Cloud. [TN1] I really wanted to answer the desires of those fans, and even though I thought it would be impossible, I reached out anyway, just to try.

>Nomura: When we first talked, I asked “are you sure you’re okay with Cloud?” He’s not a character from a new game, after all.

sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/

Monokuma's English voice actor (in the video games) is literally better than any of his Japanese voice actors.

fucking Nomura, what a hack

Attached: 1529867894446.jpg (1366x768, 334K)

I'm usually a subfag, but in Danganronpa's case, the dub is perfectly acceptable. Performances were both nuanced and spirited in delivery. You can tell the voice actors and actresses had a lot of fun with the roles. Don't be a weeb unnecessarily.

Attached: 1529892232732.png (1200x900, 1.29M)

>Don't be a weeb unnecessarily
it's a VN, pal. if you play it at all, you're a weeaboo, being a dubfag just makes you a shit-tier one.

Fuck your gatekeeping. I'm going to enjoy a game hearing words I understand when the delivery is this good.

Attached: 1528120297357.gif (254x336, 1006K)

Monokuma and Cooking Mama are my favorite picks.
The Ouendan guys or girls and Elite Beat Agents would also be cool to see.

Unfortunately they're too good of ideas for Nintendo to ever consider.

Attached: Cooking Mama.jpg (1035x1440, 144K)

meh 2 was pretty bad in hind sight comparing all of them, the forced continuity at the end there felt extremely BS and despair arc+future arc sort of ruins a lot of the mystery surrounding their history as remnants of despair

Where has this retard notion of Cuphead being a "strong" possibility come from all of a sudden? I'm seeing it said by people fucking everywhere now.

Super Duper Nasty Torture or whatever the Mastermind's execution is called in the English version, probably.

cringe

Fuck off himiko

What would sex with tenko be like

It would be pretty fucking rough

Explain

something like this I think
imgur.com/a/bboUpQC

>the dub is perfectly acceptable
Only the Bang Zoom dub. Funimation had some real sinkers in the cast (I don't even know what the fuck they were going for with Hifumi and they completely butchered Fuyuhiko.)

I meant the games.

That's be the Bang Zoom dub.

>nearly two decades of nintendo exclusivity
>doesn't even get a song in ultimate
Either they're gearing up for this announcement or Takumi slept with Sakurai's wife

They'd have to get creative with his Final Smash so that they set it up in a way where it's not expensive to make new assets for it. Otherwise that'd be too much work. Each fighter getting pixelized and thrown into the punishment time screen before getting crushed by a thematic object would work, though.

Mario: giant mushroom
Luigi: His mansion
Peach: A giant peach
Daisy: Also a giant peach
Dr. Mario: a giant pill
Snake: a MG Rex
Sonic: The Death Egg or a giant chaos emerald
Monokuma himself: All the chibi sprites of all the DR cast at once (because those already exist) raining down from the heavens to murder him.

and so on.

pastebin.com/1QTkwpxg
I made this roster a while back

Do you think they’re okay?
What do you think happened to them?

Attached: 4427E7BD-0A0E-4993-9F2E-A371A2926181.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

Is Monaca in her wheelchair?

More like:
>not even a spirit in Ultimate

They could have atleast added the series through Ultimate.
Either Sakurai is adding him, or he’s a cuck, since AA is one of the biggest series for Nintendo handhelds

>That skindulation on Maki
Neat.

Attached: 1382484049332.jpg (121x111, 2K)

source

Microsoft X Nintendo is really strong now, and Cuphead is a character that would have a unique moveset, such as B-Air being the boomerang bullets

Hopefully they’re OK, but any official attempt at a further explanation will probably ruin the ending via another DR3 tier anime that I do not want.

>Sakurai is fan of the series
>Danganronpa Trilogy was leaked on amazon.jp for an Switch version

Could happen, it's up to him.

based

L I T E R A L L Y W H O
>ITT: delusion

Based and redpilled

>ITT: no fun allowed fags who can't just roll with a funny suggestion

Attached: 1520643009278.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Absolutely

Topkek

How the fuck does Kyoko STILL not have a nendo yet?!

mostly because she's shit

This, who even “plays” VN’s

It's more of a mystery game than a vn

Hey man he’s alright
but yeah he’ll never be in :(

Smashfags are always delusional

>not Shuichi
lol

>being proud to be this out of touch
I know your eyesight is bad grandpa but the Duke Nukem thread is over there ----->

Anyone that thinks Monokuma could ever be in smash is deluded. I know Nintendo's been more open to ""mature"" games on the Switch (e.g. Doom), but Danganronpa is on a whole 'nother level.

It would traumatize any kid dumb enough to try playing "the game with that bear thing from smash". This isn't like Doom where you can disassociate from the demon violence - DR is straight up executing children in horrific, nightmare inducing cutscenes.

>nightmare inducing
Lolwut. Most of the executions are kind of humorous. The first time I played DR1 I braced my self for Mondo's gruesome execution only for him to get turned into a bin of butter, I ended up laughing my ass off. Only Leon's and V3's executions are violent.

DR V3 is far FAR better than ZTD, not even a question. Solid cases throughout the game, and the ending out batshits the first two games and is very entertaining in doing so.

ZTD is just a fucking wet fart that does fucking nothing with the more interesting aspects VLR set up.

>traumatize
Yeah no, kids have access to the internet now. None of 1's executions are unsettling beyond Leon's, and all of 2's are so over the top they become clowny. v3 brings it back with some brutal executions, I'll give you that.

Fuck you I like him

/thread

Read: VLR had too much unexplained shit but it's not a VLRs fault

Say that again.

Attached: 1528581827591.png (519x548, 169K)