Creating a viral NPC in Oblivion Pt. 2 - Now with evolution!

Hey guys! Two days ago I made a thread showcasing a modded NPC type for I've developed for Oblivion (TES4). Together we watched the "virus" NPC multiply and infect its way across all of Cyrodiil. Since then, I've asked around a bit about what should be changed or added to refine the tests, and today I can present my changes and propose a newer test.

For info on what the first run was like, see here: Since then I've added the following features, to spice things up. However, I'm going to let you guys decide by popular vote which ones you want to see added to the new test run, which I will be showcasing in this thread. Among these new possible features are:

- An option to have a second, competing hostile virus NPC
- The option to add "Doctor" NPCs who specialize in killing the virus NPCs.
- The option to choose where the infection starts
- The option to add a wild card, invincible NPC who wants to kill literally everything to the mix, because why not

Besides those, I myself have added the following:

- There is a rank-up system present based on how long a particular virus NPC lives. The Mitosis spell has been changed into an "evolve" spell, which has a small chance of allowing an NPC to evolve to the next "rank" instead of splitting in two (though the latter is still far more common).
- The Viruses will generally get stronger over time based on how many NPCs of a rank exist.
- Giant NPCs will have a rare chance to spawn upon a rank-up.
- The Virus' AI Packages have been refined to allow for more attack locations
- Trolls and the Virus NPCs are now mortal enemies

So, the new test will begin soon, Yea Forums. Thoughts?

Attached: Oblivion 2019-03-03 19-19-05-073.jpg (640x480, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/MoistBashfulBaboonOSsloth
clips.twitch.tv/PiercingAlluringEchidnaTheRinger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linked to the wrong reply, the first thread started here: 452897340

To explain the concept a bit more, essentially this began as a test to see if I could make an NPC that could replicate and infect other NPCs so potently that it could take over the entire game world and essentially replace all other NPCs in Oblivion. So far, I had limited success. In the first run, the clones were able to go from city to city and infect everyone, but they mostly ended up holing up in castles. This run, that will hopefully change.

Attached: ripglarthir.webm (960x540, 1.89M)

Oh that was fast

Alright, I'm intrigued.

The OP pic related is the newer, "opposing" virus NPC. The original is pic related. The two are identical in most ways, but evolve slightly differently. The newer NPCs will evolve with a focus on speed and agility, whereas the older ones focus on health and armor upgrades.

Attached: Oblivion 2019-03-01 14-13-38-407.jpg (640x480, 112K)

schools love this kind of shit

OH FUCK I ONLY JUST FOUND THIS THREAD

Last time, I began the infection in the Imperial City Market District. It grew pretty rapidly, and soon overtook the entire city before the clones finally left to attack other cities. However, since many anons said that the clones were too powerful last time, this time I nerfed them significantly, and thus it'd probably be smarter to begin the infection in some remote area with many weak NPCs, to give it a head start.

Attached: Oblivion 2019-03-01 19-45-28-517.jpg (640x480, 183K)

Can you put this NPC up for download? I watched the last stream at work and really want to try it out myself

bumping for justice
are you streaming tonight, OP?

I'm probably going to upload the mod to Nexus or something after I've added and tested all the features that people want in it.

A second stream may go up soon, but as always I cannot say its name so as to follow the board's rules.

Attached: Oblivion 2019-03-01 19-45-25-825.jpg (640x480, 189K)

let's just say the the twitch account's name is sort of like if a ninja had a name that started with a J who also happened to be a professional baker at the age of 45

>evolution
Is it a straight upgrade to their stats when they reproduce or is it actual mutation?

i think it's an upgrade to their stats, both types of nickies have distinct upgrade paths according to op

It's not truly random mutation, but the upgrades to their stats progress down different paths based on probabilities worked into a script of a spell they use when at critically low health.

Attached: Oblivion 2019-03-03 15-49-46-699.jpg (640x480, 144K)

STREAM IS LIVE

And now the fun begins.

Attached: 1538677874949.jpg (604x453, 73K)

chat is misaligned

don't usually catch these live, which site? can find from there

twitch

H A I L
A
I
L

Game is Oblivion
there's an archived video with "Viral" in it
That should find it fast enough.

found it at "twitch", thanks though

oblivion looks even uglier than i remember

that's because he's lowered the settings all the way to his pc can handle the large number of shit going on

Anyone have any of the running shots from the previous stream?

Do they need to eat? Will we ever see them overrun a city and pick it dry like locusts?

Attached: 1548166650752.jpg (477x480, 19K)

>quotes around twitch
What fucking planet am I on? Go to bed grandpa

npcs don't need to eat, but they will if they're in a living space they own (i think)

Oh I like the idea they need to take over settlements for their food

Is there a way to give them completely randomized spells?

bump

Attached: 52753296_327451621209756_9089934249145925632_n.jpg (591x556, 29K)

cool stream

Attached: New canvas.jpg (563x420, 235K)

Are Nickies threads "real?"

yes

F

Can they sexually reproduce?

bump for quality thread

Attached: nicky.png (1198x834, 1.97M)

Nickies have been overtaken by the Stacies

bamp

Attached: 1550161071819.jpg (604x554, 80K)

Attached: threat_contained.png (932x659, 1.25M)

gives those guys a medal

Guard vaccine too strong.

>I HAVE AN IDEA

Attached: 1548626036243.png (445x598, 177K)

ill say the same thing i did last thread. the "infect" spell is OP, mitosis is much more interesting. they should have AI that guides them to a town on sundays, their random wandering should spread themselves naturally.

>that guy fistfighting a bear in the woods

i would love to see something similiar in fallout new vegas but with the virus npc as clone of Benny which repeat WHAT IN THE GODDAMN over and over again

he should drop one load of clones in one district of the imperial city and a rival group in a different district

see who comes out the strongest and claims the capital

oh, and also im for starting in a semi-remote location. city center is too strong a start. maybe a few miles out from a smaller city

Attached: YOULLNEVERTAKEMEDOWN.png (1195x893, 2.16M)

oblvion's bullshit levelling system makes guards too strong for this

THOTS BTFO

SNACK BREAK

NIGGY NIGGIES CAN'T FIGHT THE NICKY NICKIES

hurry the fuck up nickies

thot status: patrolled

the chad guard vs the virgin virus

Attached: basedguard.png (530x709, 659K)

bump

it's getting spicy again

Attached: itbeginsanew.png (1194x885, 2.16M)

Nickies are making gains

Stacies given another chance after blowing their first attempt at taking a city

clips.twitch.tv/MoistBashfulBaboonOSsloth

round 2 at Bruma

Attached: round2.png (1198x899, 2.23M)

bump

Stacies are on the move again!

Attached: onthemove.png (1199x888, 1.98M)

YOU NEED TO LEAVE

Attached: 1279111845716.jpg (386x386, 43K)

Stacies migration is happening

FELINED

Another town falls

Attached: laststand.png (1197x889, 2.25M)

i dont fucking know man

Based

Attached: nickies.jpg (769x587, 394K)

stacies BTFO

Attached: ripstacy.png (1195x895, 1.9M)

that was a pretty camp way to die

>The option to add "Doctor" NPCs who specialize in killing the virus NPCs.
Can those with the virus ever return to the original self?

clips.twitch.tv/PiercingAlluringEchidnaTheRinger

That Mitosis spell seems far too powerful.

Attached: 1550601627174.jpg (1478x9666, 3.22M)

poor crab

RIP mudcrab bro

This is a Nickies thread

How about starting in Hackdirt?

bear virus when

Monitoring this thread

Attached: IlliterateOffbeatCaecilian-small.gif (588x250, 1.22M)

With that on top of their bear powers, it'd be a total bearpocalypse.

Attached: file.png (851x599, 248K)

bump

suggestion:
evolving viruses learn new spells (possibly procedural? oblivion had custom spells, could a monster create them?) at random, or something like that

I don't quite follow what this npc actually does. They just spawn in and attack towns?

Do they need to kill other npc's to multiply?

They multiply on their own or can turn other npcs into themselves, and travel from town to town

Can't you turn on the bloody music?

My brain can't comprehend any of these silly shits

Attached: 1520670643806.png (278x244, 72K)

Attached: stacies.png (1195x888, 2.29M)

Much obliged for the music.

Bear Hello belongs in a museum

amazing concept

YES YOU

Bump

He's still streaming.

Attached: 1530571462975.jpg (1280x1944, 627K)

THEY'VE TAKEN BRUMA

Attached: 810.jpg (189x331, 23K)

THIS
ENDS
HERE

roaming through cyrodil

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1379x775, 1.14M)

>jobber stacies actually won a battle for once

this is the part where you fall down and bleed to death

stacies get out this is a nickies town

nickies more like niggies. ha. :) I can't believe you are college aged. I always imagined you to be like Saint- an ageless goblin that lives deep within a dark warren and only plays oblivion.

Thoughts and prayers for Leyawiin

RUN

MURDER

bump

Live viewing of infection has ended. Supposedly continuing either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ah you remember the first thread with Niggies?? Awesome. I feel like an Oblivion goblin most of the time anyway so I mean, not too far off.

This test is pretty much done! Unfortunately, the evolution system was a bit stunted, I'll need to have that fixed for next time. Overall, the regular clones beat out the Stacies, although there was a resurgence near the end. Overall, interesting stuff.

Attached: Oblivion 2019-03-03 21-39-04-884.jpg (640x480, 171K)

thanks user for the quality thread and stream.

Attached: 1526482851843.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

If their 'Responsibility' stat is low enough the NPC will steal food from others, if even lower they will literally pickpocket food from others too. Their success is based on their sneak and pickpocket skills.

Kinda wish the Nickies wiki was still a thing, that was fun

Attached: nickies.png (1600x1200, 60K)