Top 10 reasons why FFXI is superior to FFXIV

1. Lateral progression. In ffxiv you get a piece of gear that you use for one job, and the next time the game is updated that gear is deprecated and replaced by the same item with the very same stats just in slightly larger numbers. In FFXI there are some pieces of gear that have been in the game since its inception that are still sought after and used to this day.

2. Swapping gear on the fly in combat. This adds a new level of depth and strategy to how you gear your job. Rather than having one catchall set that you're locked into, you can collect a variety of gear to suit many situations and swap to it on the fly.

3. The best transmog system in any MMO. It works like this, if you own a piece of gear and you can equip it on one of the jobs that can use it, you can transmog anything to that look. No fuss.

4. Better storylines. FFXI has compelling storylines which make the world feel lived in, and make you feel like a part of something bigger than one person, rather than a walking deus ex machina.

5. More jobs, and you can use a sub job. In addition, the classes have greater variety than in ffxiv, each have a distinct playstyle and fill specific roles rather than having different flavors of hotbar and gcd based combat.

6. Trusts. To the uninitiated, trusts have been around in FFXI for years. The system in FFXIV will no doubt be neutered and tame by comparison.

7. The game isnt overrun by degenerate ERPers. Self explanatory.

8. Monthly content updates

9. Better music

10. There is a level of depth to everything in the game that FFXIV will never be able to achieve. There are too many nuances to every aspect of the game to outline in a single post. FFXI is like a vast ocean, large and deep and full of possibility. FFXIV is like a reflecting pool, pretty but shallow and boring.

Bonus:
Mithra will always be superior to Miqo'te

Attached: Defending_Ring_description.png (366x72, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlDeZVUmhoU
twitch.tv/videos/386460049
youtube.com/watch?v=SxcMuX_f63o
youtu.be/hb0P9jHV8dQ
na.nasomi.com/index.php
youtu.be/tM6FWeeiWAI
youtu.be/wLCWCPyxByg
youtube.com/watch?v=ECG5u_eMWZw
youtu.be/noJiH8HLZw4?t=198
youtu.be/YOBpATa1HUY
youtu.be/rNRq1J91ybo
youtu.be/t3G7dE2mu7s
youtu.be/ErORD38kVTY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's superior in literally all ways

Attached: F-Seawolf-Cudgel.jpg (199x285, 13K)

Agree. Yet all that is trumped by FF11 being an old ass game that no one plays anymore. So FF14 it is then!

Why did you have to come and make me sad, OP? I miss FFXI so much.

i've never played ff11. played a trial of ff14 but it seemed a bit boring. also thought it was odd that i was using a fire spell on a fire elemental (bomb i think?) and seemingly doing normal damage while the ice spell was for recharging my mp? i dunno if i was doing something horribly wrong or if i was just being an idiot

is ff11 worth it? does it still have a monthly sub?

FFXI is too good for this world. Luckily it has a long list of flaws that make playing it difficult. Until someone undertakes remaking/heavily modding the game it won't achieve its true potential.

Not OP but that's absolutely true. I stopped after ToAU but up until that point FFXI was one of the best MMOs ever made.

Okay

xi's music is all dumb farty midi instrument shit

Lmao but its boring as shit so who cares

I think it's funny that FFXI players spend more time complaining than playing their game.

Asura has around 2400 players online most of the time, spiking up to 3000 or more during NA primetime. I've seen quite a few new players and returnees over the past couple of months.

It doesnt pull numbers like it used to sure, but you cant say nobody plays it. Theres more than enough people to get shit done still.

I like 14s combat waaaay better. And combat is like 80% of a mmo for me.

only posting because i agree with op

FFXIV has literally 300x the population

It doesn't matter because the level of progression expected of you at this point is so intense that a newfag would be grinding for like 6 months to a year before you're allowed to do anything
And 90% of the old shit is abandoned and dead as fuck so you'd be running around in an empty world for most of the time until then
They need to do a hard reset and make servers that are everything before abbysea

THERE'S NO NEW CONTENT AND IT'S A DEAD GAME

NOT EVEN SQUEENIX PUTS MONEY INTO XI FOR NEW CONTENT OR NEW DEVELOPMENTS

GIVE IT UP, XI FAGS

>They need to do a hard reset and make servers that are everything before abbysea
I would resub and play the fuck out of XI again if they did a fresh server starting with vanilla.

i only play it because of ninja :)

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 798K)

>Get to end game
>the only job that can tank is PLD and strictly PLD
>FFXI fags will defend this

Is this the new XIV thread?
When's my nigga gonna come back? Throw wide those damn gates and give this royal blooded fuck a hug.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 119K)

the way the world works nowadays you could actually get max level in ~12 hours if you know what you are doing or have a friend well versed in whats going on. mind you this means maxed level from a brand new account

>play xiv
>3 tanks but they all play the same
whoa such an improvement.

I legit feel like i missed something in the history of MMO games by not playing FFXI. I've been on RO and Guild Wars 1 extensively, on Flyff and other fun games sporadically. I've never touched Maplestory nor WoW past level 20, and yet FFXI is the only game that left me with the impression i truly missed something worth playing.

Are there private servers worth my attention?

He's coming back very soon.

Attached: 1531474298365.png (527x290, 307K)

You can get a set of ambuscade gear and an ambuscade weapon and be good to go for entry level escha shit within a month after hitting 99.

why does everything need to be viable?

Yo I just realized that kinda looks like the same void shit that Nero gets cursed with. Is there any other reasons to believe that's him? Crystal tower was optional content... Also that hood dosent have any cat ear holes.

>No other game will ever give me the satisfaction I got spamming Vorpal Blade every 10 seconds dual wielding this and Joyeuse

it hurts

Attached: 0ab4b5185cd50747449512f9a660552b.jpg (480x480, 29K)

I have never seen a more wrong opinion in my life.

good thread OP, I got back into XI after playing XIV from 2.0 to 4.3 and my god is it a breath of fresh air to play something that isn't fucking designed to be soulless with nostalgia paint thrown on it.
I used to play during early CoP/Zilart days, but never transferred my shit so I made a new account, it's been a blast so far but man the community really isn't there anymore, I remember every town being fucking full of people, fields too.
Is official still worth it? I'm decently far in right now, or should I switch to an oldschool pserver

There is no class in any other MMO with the complexity of Puppetmaster or Blue Mage.

and he fantasia's into a lizard?

Miqo’te and mithra are the exact same thing

I don’t know if I can say one game is better than the other. XI and XIV are both trying to do different things.

Attached: D35CD78E-3F2E-44F1-B8BD-BBA781D4842C.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Sorry user, but I gotta say you kinda did. Ffxi was the last MMO that REALLY focused on exploration, discovery, mystery and team work. You couldn't even explore most of the zones without a group or very risky stealth methods.

There has never been anything like it since.

Attached: 2015-01-21-world-of-darkness-17.jpg (1606x880, 279K)

FFXIV gear progression is the utmost shit tho, at least other mmo's try with gears like trinkets having interesting effects.

Everything related to gear in FFXIV is shit and leads to zero gear customization in game.

The hooded person is definitely a male Miqo'te, and G'raha is the only relevant one that exists. He's even a member of the Circle of Knowing along with Thancred, Y'shtola, and Urianger. Hooded figure has an identical facial structure and those same black markings under his eyes.
>Also that hood dosent have any cat ear holes.
Neither did Y'shtola's.
That's not a lizard you blind retard. That's the darkness crust shit from World of Darkness, not lizard scales. And the full image you can clearly see it's a male Miqo'te's body.

On the community stream earlier this week they accidentally showed that he's going to get a minion, so it might really be true he's coming back for 5.0

EVE

>I didn't play during the first 4 expansions: The Post

Excuse me what the fuck. Please show proof?

I guess if you like spreadsheets more than world building.

>laughs in PUP

ignorant nigger

I still sometimes find myself humming San'doria's music sometimes.

Well fuck. All that's left for me would be getting into making one then.

meanwhile runefencer is the best tank in the game right now thus invalidating this obviously clueless post

>PLD
Unless you were geared up the ass nobody would take PLD for over half of FF XI content over ninja unless it was a friend

>hard reset
>not just a straight modernized remake that gets rid of the trash things holding the game back from the ps2 era.

Honestly, seeing FF11 with FF15 visuals would be pretty gud. :>

>AFKing in Eureka right now while soloing in XI on my other monitor

Attached: 1528361372167.jpg (800x719, 59K)

this makes me so happy because this job is so fucking fun to play

you never played FFXI. Ninjas were only good at tanking xp parties and off tanking shit like divine might, they couldn't take a hit from fucking anything in endgame, paladins main tanked EVERYTHING, even in their AF. Like your post exposes you as having never played endgame

>implying there wasn't erp stuff in XI

You're fucking retarded for one.

dj plaeskool remix is the best
youtube.com/watch?v=JlDeZVUmhoU

Is this bait? I really hope this isn't Bait.

Attached: 1550340904484.png (428x424, 124K)

Rune Fencer is a perfectly viable tank and is even more desirable than PLD in certain situations.

but they did that and everyone hated it so they killed it and rebooted it

After playing XIV for 5 and a half years now the one thing that pisses me off still is how repetitive the content additions are. They've been doing better this expansion but they've just been reusing the same tome system with the weekly lockout bullshit. The only thing different they've done this time is make less dungeons and more obtuse additions like Mahjong and Umu. Both of which are just optional additions and don't benefit gear progression. At least they are finally giving proper endgame to the DoH and DoL next expansion, but they're still using that shitty tome system

Attached: anger.png (602x698, 161K)

Just let me rape Myon steal her ultimate clear already.

XIV was a XI remake with modern graphics you dumb nigger.
It was literally the same.

No one fucking wanted it.

Nasomi is pretty good

Are you talking about beta FFXIV? Because that was hated because it was radically different and retarded.

Attached: 1524921900148.png (373x309, 204K)

Found it
twitch.tv/videos/386460049

Attached: uhoh.png (566x581, 657K)

Ask me how I know you didn't play XIV 1.0

Do you think it’ll ever change?

OH NONONONO
ANTI-G'RAHA FAGS BTFO

Attached: 1548090172152.png (495x141, 29K)

XIV fags seething so hard they're literally pulling "facts" out of their ass

Nigga I got the fucking 1.0 box sitting right under my desk

I'll check it out user, thanks

As someone who has been playing XIV for the past six years and has only played maybe 10 hours of XI, I think it's impressive how XI is still getting monthy updates at all. If both FF MMOs are currently turning a profit and have established playerbases, I see no reason why they both shouldn't be able to coexist.

You didn't play FFXI then, because the two games were nothing alike in any way except for similar races. Stop talking out of your ass.

>Soloing in XI
I miss old XI

Oh shit what.

I'm on the Eden private server and I'm playing BST.

subbing NIN is the same as playing NIN

It's time to go to be old man. Lights out. I SAID LIGHTS OUT!

Attached: XI pvp.jpg (600x315, 184K)

>we never played ff14 beta and release

lmao there was tons of shit wrong with it, but it wasnt a FF11 clone at all. It was a shitty game with good visuals. The gameplay was radically different, as well as the job system and the worlds. People want an actual FF11 remake.

Not if people are still complacent with it. It's not enough of a problem to stop most people playing the game. The one thing stopping people is the shitty experience of leveling to 50 the first time. The combat is awful because you lack your abilities to do your rotations and the constant fetch quests also put people off. It's much better once you hit 50, but that's the thing so many new players stopped playing because of. I imagine come 6.0 they'll have less resources being thrown at races, transportation, etc. and will get more breathing room to do some radical changes.

Attached: elelewd.jpg (800x933, 294K)

Every time I get the urge to resub, I remember all the bullshit required get the game to be where you want it. I loved it and it’s one of fav all time games, but between windower, playonline, and all the addons you need, it is such a chore to setup.

Is this the XIV thread? If so, post Alisaies

Attached: 1544990382481.jpg (1050x1484, 767K)

sorry for having working ears

If you download the update package off tehkrizz you can cut the install time to under an hour.

>Not if people are still complacent with it.
I guess it’ll never change, then. And the journey to level 50 was never actually too bad for me, I felt like a young boy on a grand adventure. And then Stormblood came out.

Hmmm, I was unaware of something like that. I haven’t really paid much attention to the scene, but I’m not surprised someone would do something like that.

BASED

I have a lot of really fond memories of ffxi, but the wide level gaps to get new skills as a non caster really made out hard to play class like SAM. Having to wait 5-15 levels in a pretty slow (at the time) grind for one new skill made leveling really fucking mind numbing.

Most people skip through the story and get bored by the combat lacking most of the moves needed. It also depends on what class you used, like Pug/monk is much easier to stomach then say a Black mage before level 38.

Attached: 1548692455737.jpg (1200x822, 368K)

Attached: 05978205613.jpg (1000x1000, 839K)

Quickly, which jobs were your favorite?
SCH and DNC for me.

RNG BLU WAR

I fell in love with THM at level 4 once I wrapped my head around astral/umbral phases.

Yeah and after that nothing changes that same rotation until 38

This is going to be the final boss of FFXIV. If you lose to him he deletes your character.

Attached: 1533637231600.jpg (902x985, 91K)

how accepting is the ffxi community with people who've never played the game and don't know anything?

COR PUP DNC

Most of those sound like a negative. Those mechanics would be imbalanced as all hell in a modern MMO where content goes beyond killing trash mobs in a field and people are actually smei competitive with parsing. Also trusts are a plague on MMOs and I wish they werent in any game in any way. Why play an MMO if you just plan to let NPCs do all the work for you instead of interacting with others?

You're right about the music and zones being more inspiring though.

Very. There's lots of people who will carry you through things to catch you up. The community is dying, they need all the fresh meat they can get.

BLU
I'm so fucking upset what XIV did to it.

Top 10 reasons why FFXI is inferior to FFXIV:
1. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
2. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
3. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
4. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
5. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
6. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
7. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
8. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
9. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.
10. I don't have a free time to autistically grind for years.

Shittalk all you want FFXIV's gear system, but catching up is a good thing if you are not nolife basementdwelling nerd.

I kind of wish the PoE league wasn't this week, I resub to XI for a month or two every 4-5 months and I'm getting the itch, especially after hearing how ambuscade weapons are actually good, and that maybe I might take a job past merit parties for once.

Then go play another genre like mobas and not the genre literally based around grinding and progressing for years.

Second

>i don't like MMOs but MMOs should fuck over their intended audience so i can feel nice when i get welfare gear

How old is Y’shtola by this point in the story?

>deep as an ocean
>builds are extremely limited because the game is solved at this point

uh huh

>for years
Not anymore

She's 38, minimum. She claims she's 23, but 1.0's Echo scenes that took place 15 years ago show her as the same age she currently appears as now. She would've been 8 in those scenes if she was telling the truth about her age.

>maybe I might take a job past merit parties for once
>merit parties
Jesus Christ dude, I play XI and I haven't seen a merit party in years. Wtf are you doing?

>content goes beyond killing trash mobs in a field and people are actually smei competitive with parsing
Therein lies the issue. XI combat is difficult enough that they care more about the clear than if their SAM is as good as the best SAM. Hell, parse culture is the reason why the XI party comp isn't seen in other MMOs. SAM (Damage/Tank), COR (Support), GEO (Support), BRD (Support), WHM, is a valid comp for most content. Sure, COR can put out solid DPS, but you usually opt to not have your COR attack since it feeds TP to bosses which could cause a wipe.

>1. Lateral progression.
Yup.

>2. Swapping gear on the fly in combat.
Personally not a fan. Gear swap isn't fair to people who don't use it.

>3. The best transmog system in any MMO.
Yup.

>4. Better storylines.
XI has more characters but XIV has the better story.

>5. More jobs, and you can use a sub job.
Job library is nice. Some are rarely used in endgame content sadly.

>6. Trusts. To the uninitiated, trusts have been around in FFXI for years. The system in FFXIV will no doubt be neutered and tame by comparison.
It's fun for older content and just enough oomph to help with endgame content.

>7. The game isnt overrun by degenerate ERPers. Self explanatory.
Nice but XIVers tend to keep to themselves. I play on the ERP server.

8. Monthly content updates
>It helps and Ambuscade is fun but certain jobs need updates rather badly.

9. Better music
> Hella no. XIV is kept on life support through Sokken depending who you ask.

10. There is a level of depth to everything in the game that FFXIV will never be able to achieve. There are too many nuances to every aspect of the game to outline in a single post. FFXI is like a vast ocean, large and deep and full of possibility. FFXIV is like a reflecting pool, pretty but shallow and boring.
>What?

>Bonus:
>Mithra will always be superior to Miqo'te
True but this should be number 10.

Attached: img_20190303_182807.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Dumbest post ITT

Attached: 1535116193685.png (350x350, 44K)

Something like EQ's progression servers?

Dont you mean easy enough? If a game's content can be cleared with such silly compositions it must not be too difficult, especially with all that crazy unique gear. I'd rather a difficult game with limited mechanics.

Yeah, my dad still plays EQ on those servers and I've always wished XI would do it too.

The scions except minfillia are immune to aging due to being archons and using a spell.

He probably meant Capacity Point parties.

Party comp meta is still pretty fluid. Pet, full Pet, Sam focus, BLU retards going ham, PLD+RNG, Magic Burn. There's plenty of ways to solve encounters. Over the last few years PUP has risen to be a solid tank for single enemy encounters even. PUP itself functions as a tank, melee DD, or even Magic Burst if it needs to... but no one builds the Magic Burst setup since you have to fight the AI a little to get it working.

>38, MINIMUM
>claiming she’s younger
>probably bored of her daily life
God, she sounds perfect.

You are no longer intended MMO audience.

>but XIV has the better story.
That's a funny joke user

They're not immune, except for maybe Y'shtola because she frequently used time magic in 1.0. They just know magical tricks to keep staying youthful. 'Archon' is just the Sharlayan version of a doctorate.

>but XIV has the better story.
Are you for fucking real? The only somewhat decent thing that came out from ffxiv is HW story.
ARR is ultra generic, SB is mad weeb shit, horrible writing and butchered characters

youtube.com/watch?v=SxcMuX_f63o

The main roadblock for me in FFXI right now is that I've reached the point in my progression where I have to do 3/4 of CoP to unlock Limbus to upgrade some gear to 119.

Also, what's an easy way to level up my Geomancy and Handbell skill?

Attached: GMIaWMR.png (488x654, 495K)

BLU, THF, MNK, WAR. I didn't really appreciate WAR until abyssea though.

Attached: ffxi2.jpg (640x480, 277K)

Not every comp works for every encounter. It's not a silly composition, it's full support for the SAM. So long as the rest of the party isn't feeding TP they can generally survive bosses. Modern SAM can solo 5/6-step into Light Lv2, which does stupid damage. Everything else exists to keep the SAM alive or to get it able to do the chain faster. The last slot is generally a caster to burst off of the light. It's a well oiled machine.

Ofc and I'm saying Y'shtola could be 57 and nobody would know

Get sanction, stand outside the gates in ceizak, and spam Indi spells and self targeted geo bubbles

>gearswap isn't fair to the people who don't use it
There's in-game mechanics called Macros and Equipsets you fucking retard. If you don't use it, it's your fault for being a lazy shitter.

>XIV has the better story
This coming from someone who probably spammed enter through all cutscenes or is probably a disgusting weeaboo with shit taste

>saying FFXIV has better music and praising Sokken
Incredible. You actually are a disgusting weeaboo with shit taste. Nobody with standards likes ffxiv's garbage music.

>3. The best transmog system in any MMO. It works like this, if you own a piece of gear and you can equip it on one of the jobs that can use it, you can transmog anything to that look. No fuss.
don't some games just let you transmog anything on the slot

Except graphically and respect for player time

>Also, what's an easy way to level up my Geomancy and Handbell skill?
Do what everyone else does and use a script to loop cast over night. iirc it's faster to use the debuffs on a uhhh. Shit it's been too long. The weird hive things in the Adoulin zones. Just debuff spam so you don't kill it.Maintain the Refresh Bubble + Refresh from /RDM + the Refresh passive trust. If you're having trouble doing it through debuffs you can just loop cast the buffs on yourself, I think, but it's significantly slower.

>trusts listed as a positive thing
>mentioning everything but the actual gameplay
vanafags...

Did a lot on SAM starting out but I started to pick up PLD and RNG. Few years later I picked up DRG. Currently main PLD but I'm gearing up RNG, SAM and DRG more.

Attached: img_20180510_111406.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

>Nobody with standards likes ffxiv's garbage music
XI's OST is my favorite of all time, but XIV still has good music user. Mostly the battle tracks, because Soken is pretty weak in the area BGM department.

>shitting on forward and back
youtu.be/hb0P9jHV8dQ

Attached: starring_michael_madsen.jpg (678x427, 51K)

>XIV
>Bad music
What?

>Nobody with standards likes ffxiv's garbage music.
???

but whats the gameplay like? i noticed you didn't really mention that at all

Attached: question mark.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Sounds like a DRK is pissed his DPS is now a tank in 14. Also LOTs of people play XI muted for years. Doubt people do the same with 14.

Attached: img_20180621_001822.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

It's funny when I first gave the game a shot I was really put off by the learning curve. This was before every game held your hand but there was a big wall for new players that over time I grew fond of. It was such a disservice when games gave you everything from the start like maps, crafting from a list and tokens for gear to get around rng.

It was always fun xp'n in the jungle or desert and finding out you're parties rep didn't have a map needing someone to guide them. Blue Mage was fun going around the world learning monster abilities, Summoner had full sized summons and they were awesome. I hated the egi bs they went with in XIV. Needing the wiki for crafting, good times.

Sadly a game like that wouldn't survive these days with mmo's being aimed at the casual audience.

Im more disappointed they dont use scythes as a weapon and just get like 2 skins as it. We dont need even more swords.

FFXI looks better than FFXIV aesthetically. The style of the game is much more nailed in ffxi. FFXIV looks like a Hippie's reimagination of what final fantasy looks like. Feels childish. Like expecting to walk into a Dave and Busters but you take off the blindfold and you're in Chuck E Cheese.

You missed one
auto-translate {Do you need it?}

its free to play, why not find out yourself?

it runs like Everquest did tho, but i doubt you played that either

>FFXIV looks like a Hippie's reimagination of what final fantasy looks like.
what

Dave and Busters is full of mobile games so no surprise

Yeah I don't play FFXIV anymore, cock sucker. I quit over a year ago. The game is terrible and not worth anyones time. Everything you work for in the game becomes outdated in the next patch, there's zero reason to play it.

Worst part is FFXI classic server never ever because they sold the game to Koreans who went broke

>its free to play, why not find out yourself?
It is?

How much of a fag can people on this website be? It always amazes me how far people will maliciously stretch shit just to get a fucking (you). Genuinely kill yourself, insect.

Just go play on Nasomi dude

Nasomi

I'd argue about 5-7k people still play retail.
Then add in private severs and you have another 3 or 4k players.
There's also a lot of people that hate private server bugginess and lag, but hate 99cap that'd jump right in again if they opened a 75cap classic server.
The game is far from dead but naturally SE are retarded.
A good first step would be just doing away with PlayOnline and reducing the subscription cost. $20/month is a fucking lot for an old mmo.

na.nasomi.com/index.php

era server, the "glory" days. populated and nice community.

Sorry I disagree with your shitty opinion sperg

because if the gameplay is shit i'm not going to bother? why don't you just answer the question, is the gameplay good or not

This. I know a lot of FFXI refugees that just moved into Eve

I don't have opinions, sand man. I only state facts.

This. There is a very big reason why MMO design shifted from FFXI/Everquest style to modern WoW style.

Nobody has time for boring, long ass grindfests anymore. That's not where the money is nowadays

XIV Music > XI Music

There is no denying this.
For every 1 XI you post I can name 5 better ones.

The Alexander Raids for instance had some of the best music Final Fantasy has had in years.

>Nasomi now has the RNG nerf
Well it was fun while it lasted

>$20 a month
It's $11.95.

Thanks user.
Can I play this solo just for the story?

youtu.be/tM6FWeeiWAI

Kill yourself. You're beneath me.

>shitty opinions are fact
Whatever you say

If you live in the US.
I'm Aussie, so we had to pay in Euros for some reason so the game was $20-24 a month depending on the economy.

Imagine if they made BLU the caster tank with debuffs

you'll need some people to help you through certain parts of the story, they have fights that are done with a group/party of players. in XIV you are the "warrior of light", but in XI you're just a talented adventurer among other talented adventurers.

If anything, you're beneath me gramps.

>shilled XIV hard when ARR was announced
>played the betas and thought it was enjoyable enough
>played from 2.0 to after heavensward release
>put off by the fact that they use the same content cycle with the same token grinding BS over and over again
>quit
>come back to FFXI in late 2016 to check out all the changes
>the game is better than ever but the server I was on is dead
>hear about Asura and transfer there
>the community is alive and close to the old days
>make some friends and start doing endgame content
>that drive to get better gear and participate in the game comes back like it never has since I first hit 75 and started doing sky pre CoP
>think of all the years I've spent playing other MMOs and realize what I should have been playing all along

Attached: 1460865217069.jpg (2850x2850, 3.96M)

As I thought

>Wrong and can't deny it with any proof
>All I have are insults and a superiority complex

Neat

despite the QoL updates FFXI objectively peaked at the end of CoP. You can argue the ToAU classes but only one of three of them were remotely good on release and basic things like PUP's armor and really idiotic H2H cap weren't fixed until like SoA, where the game was ruined by removing the lvl 75 cap. Debate me.

MMO players are cancer.

Main problem with FFXI is that 90% of endgame and missions is just pld Sam thf darkness skill chain and 15 blms magic bursting for 3k dmg nukes each, boom monster dead.
And if that doesn't work you just throw 18 smns at it instead, go semi afk and win.

Nasomi isn't era.

You're mostly right. Main issue with ToAU jobs was no-one really knew how to play the jobs properly and no-one wanted to break the mold when shit like a JoL or Kirin pop set was at risk.
By the time people figured out how to abuse those overpowered jobs the level cap went up and we entered the age of afk fell cleave parties and ninjas soling endgame with primevil brew.

why would i want to invest time into a class if it's a dud?

What would you prefer, RNG titanforge garbage like WoW where you run the same dungeon 300 times hoping for BiS to drop? Currency exchange gearing is pretty fuckin good my guy.

Never gets old how many people lash out at me for saying FFXIV has shit music. The amount of people in the world who genuinely like ffxiv's ost is depressing. I'm sorry for all of you, I really am. I am so sorry that you harbor such an opinion. If there's anything I can do to relieve the pain, please let me know. I'm here for you.

XI did new regions right locking Sea behind Airship 6-4 when you finally beat it and got to Al'Taieu it felt like such a treat. Zilart with Sky was another great example, Treasures of Aht Urhgan felt less magical.

remember when BLU could Magic Burst with Cannonball for some reason. It managed to always be broken in some way no matter what patch

>XI Combat is difficult
Stopped reading there retard. XI's system is a fucking joke, there's no actual mechanical player skill involved since 90% of the game is standing there auto attacking. Preparation and communication are literally all the game has for depth. At least in XIV the mechanical skill of each player matters for relevant content.

Do you come here expecting validation for your opinions and respond like a faggot after telling people to kill themselves for not sharing your euphoric opinion?

Attached: smug_twintails.jpg (412x398, 59K)

>3. The best transmog system in any MMO.
>Yup.
Wrong. RIFT has the best. It's a dead game though.

Casualfags hated it though. We had an ex-GM in a thread here last year doing AMA. They had people calling SE tech support and everything demanding to be granted access because "I paid for it so I should just get access!" and people threatening to sue because they locked content/areas/gear behind some missions.
Should've been a warning to us about the future of p2w dlc but we didn't listen.

End of the day it's funny because CoP isn't even that hard, just people were retarded.

Yeah, anyone saying it was difficult didn't know how to setup good macros that did everything for you.

Savage blade into sneak attack cannonball does self light sc, does fat stacks of damage.

I played XI during the launch and RotZ but quit the game before ToAU. I came back during the end of CoP and have been playing ever since. Even though almost everyone says ToAU was the peak of their favorite time in FFXI, I'm glad I skipped ToAU because holy shit that entire expansion can fuck right off. Traversing areas is a nightmare, time gated content out the ass, inaccessible areas without trading imperial currency to the "literally why are you here" guard at the entrance, almost all NM's are incredibly convoluted just to even get to their spawns, the expansion missions making you wait a dozen plus fucking times for Jap midnight or next game day to continue, and Mythics are pure cancer to even start.

Fuck ToAU.

You actually could not be any more incorrect.

Now its swapping in CORs and 5 song BRDs then zerging mobs in a green dbl damage GEO bubble. If that doesn't work for w/e mechanic then you throw Mythic Staffed SMNs to easily win otherwise. Resinjima NMs need extra attention though if you lack the fore mentioned SMNs.

What was it?

Attached: img_20171220_151050.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

One game is basically dead and the other is the main alternative to wow and is beloved.

Yes.

XIs music is objectively better than XIVs. XIVs isnt terrible but none of it stands out as truly great, and none of it is memorable.

Remember the first time you heard the Jeuno theme? XIs music sticks with you.

Nobody wants you with bare minimum gear. People expect REMA for running a lot of the higher level instances content for hell even for JP farming parties. Don’t try and pretend you’re “good enough with ambuscade and sparks gear.

Absolutley bullshit
youtu.be/wLCWCPyxByg

>XIVs isnt terrible but none of it stands out as truly great, and none of it is memorable.
Answers, Dragonsong, Heavensward, and anything from Alexander

Yep.
Dynamis Xarc theme
Sanctuary of Zi'Tah
Distant Worlds
Ronfaure
Promyvion
All great music.
Pity Uematsu only wrote two of those, but Mizuta did a good job

This is why nobody takes you XIcucks seriously

>Answers
>Shiva
>Entire Alexander Raid tier
>Ravana
>Thordan
>Nidhogg
>Omega
>Suzaku
>Tsukuyomi

I can keep going retard

Dynamis Xarc theme
>Dynamis Xarc theme

Get out.

Attached: img_20180511_005811.png (1920x1080, 800K)

are people actually linking songs from XIV unironically, thinking they hold a candle to pretty much any track in XI? holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ECG5u_eMWZw

that shits on pretty much the entire XIV OST, and its not even an overhyped song like Gustaberg

Are you actually this mad because people enjoy both XI's and XIV's music?

>t. I played maplestory as a kid and wind chimes get me hard

I don't care enjoy both instead of creating some superiority competition

WTF is this shit? It sounds so out of place.

user.... FFXI is a year older than Maplestory.

You listen to shout chat too much. They didnt design the encounters around everyone having a REMA weapon. People that shout for REMA only are either a. Retards looking to get carried and you're probably better off not joining their group anyway or b. Doing the absolute highest level content like VD ambuscade, or HELMS.

Also no, your gear is not fine in entry level ambuscade gear. My point was it's good enough to get your foot in the door, to show people you're serious about playing and potentially to make some friends and progress. It's just the first leg of the long journey. You dont need a REMA weapon to progress, and if the rest of your gear is trash a REMA weapon isnt going to suddenly make you do good damage.

maplestory? that a canadian MMO?

That was the joke yes

Exactly

>sentai rock theme sounds out of place in a fight against a sentai robot
Nigga are you high?

Fuck off you boomers. FFXI has always been a shit game and you need to move on.

Attached: 1551272068901.jpg (2560x1440, 683K)

This is a High Fantasy MMORPG. It is extremely out of place.

>Answers
Music from pre FFXIV ARR, not allowed.

>Dragonsong
Shit.

>Heavensward
Best expansion, but shit song.

>anything from Alexander
All cringey complete shit.

>This is a High Fantasy MMORPG
Except it's not. Did you miss the whole evil empire with high tech airships, mechs, and computers? Eorzea is the Africa of XIV's world.

>Robots out of place in Final Fantasy

Attached: 1549762626016.png (200x200, 2K)

youtu.be/noJiH8HLZw4?t=198
They pull this out of place shit all the time.

>Dragonsong
>Shit
The police are on the way right now. You're done kiddo.

There literally has not been a good FF game since X

enough with this horseshit already. square enix needs to be purged with fire

Pathetic. Even the Empire's theme is more fitting in the world of FFXIV as a fantasy game. What they did to Alexander is unconscionable. Completely discgarding its holy fortress themes. I wish to spit on Yoshida's and Soken's graves.

>They didnt design the encounters around everyone having a REMA weapon.

That’s nice and all but it ultimately doesn’t matter because this games archaic community decides what’s viable, and if you’re not a Cor or brd you are already going to be struggling to get into groups. I personally don’t find sitting around in town for hours fun because I enjoyed playing Sam and Blu. We can stop pretending that begging others let you join their party is the way to meet and influence others.

>Completely discgarding its holy fortress themes
They didn't. You're just a brainlet that didn't actually bother to look at the environments.

FFX was shit

You sound like a sperg

>because I enjoyed playing Sam and Blu
What? Every shitter group ever takes BLU because they can function without proper support better than the other classes. Find a Linkshell, if you're willing to play SAM they will carry you to an Aeonic becuase they're that fucking good.

Sure is some salt in here. Not a single FF has bad music.

>out of place
>in a game with canon yo-kai watch spirits
>in a game with a fat flying chocobo
>in a game with an Allagan Cell phone
>in a game with a 4 door sedan mount
>in a game with rathalos boss and palicos
>in a game with Garo armor and mounts
>out of place

Attached: IMG_20190204_182443.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

It isn't era but most servers don't need to be as long as its in the spirit. The coding is a nightmare.

However, its filled with ultra neckbeards with direct support from the owner/server's name sake who would love nothing more to ruin your fun and//or sell spawns/loot for real money (RMT). Don't know what an ultra neckbeard is? Hope you never find out.

>all these nasty additions and sell outs make this garbage okay by comparison

Attached: 554442245545854.png (526x550, 397K)

Pld is Desired over Blu, not sure what game you’re playing but it’s not 2018 FFXI

the only good things about FFXI were the music and all of the mithra porn.

Yeah man. Robot sentai, very holy fortress theme.

>3 tanks that can tank vs 1 tank is somehow not an improvement
retard

And this post ladies and gentlemen, is why FFXIV is impossible to take seriously as a Final Fantasy game. It has no place in FFXI threads.

even without the essay everyone knows the only decent part of ff14 was heavensward, the rest is trash

Yeah man, I love my 4x PLD clears. The PUG shitter setup is usually Tank (PLD usually, sometimes RUN, rarely PUP), WHM with the rest being some combination of DDs and Supports. USUALLY it takes too long to find supports so they fill with BLUs, since they can haste cap w/o support.

The whole raid series isn't sentai, and yes it does have the holy fortress theme. You're actually just genuinely fucking retarded and didn't notice it because it isn't shoved in your face. I'll throw you a bone. In A5, the surgical lamp is also a cathedral window. In A4 and A8, the arena is a mechanical version of the interior of the Pantheon. The door of A1 is based on the Empyrean from Paradiso.

>subbed to XIV because Legacy price mixed with veteran
>$8 for 60 days
>stop playing after 5 days due to insane shittiness

>play XI during free 7-day login
>it's like I'm visiting a planet I grew up on
>play the entire 7 days right up to closing time but it's still not the same as it used to be

It's a no-win situation. The memories are there though and I hope I never lose them.

Attached: 1538935616555.jpg (711x890, 97K)

Why dont you, oh I dont know, make your own groups? It's really not that hard. For the record yes, asking to join a party is a good way to meet people in the game, and it's always been the case that support classes have an easier time finding parties than the sea of DDs.

When did a theme park mmo have a curriculum to follow in realism? Without the previous FF crossovers there would be no theme park.

FFXI still gets updates? Hot damn, I'd actually join if I had the time to actually play MMOs and friends to play with

Good thing it's a theme park MMO and not some autistic super serious lore builder.

>There is only one audience

Attached: 1457099422985.jpg (460x534, 57K)

Apologize.

Attached: Tanaka.jpg (500x473, 74K)

Yeah no, the Alexander in FFXIV is basically Dwemer designs from Elder Scrolls except it looks like duct taped together soulless shit.

Just stop eating trash. Look at how XI tastefully manages to integrate final fantasy aspects and makes it its own, just like other games in the past have done. XIV just rips it out and puts it in without any of its own originality.

>Elder scrolls

Attached: 1551571098206.jpg (604x604, 47K)

Yet another reason why FFXIV has no place and holds no candle to FFXI or it's threads.

How is Eden? Was thinking of checking it out but afraid if its gonna get dropped like Kupo did (although wasn't sudden and unwarranted) or the cheaters/rmters have a foothold.

Sounds like you're mad because you got exposed as an uncultured lobotomy patient lmao

T. Never played XIV but shitposts like he knows it all

Teasing nostalgiafaggots is so easy because they'll never get to relive their childhoods, they'll never move on, and that will eat them up for the rest of their lives.

>achskually theres 1 window in the back of the set you can notice between goblins shitting bombs at you

Because people play games to have fun?

It's run by a ghost crew so meaningfull updates are few and far between. Monthly you can expect a new boss for Ambuscade, and usually one other minor feature minimally. Every few months they add new content (like how they added a new end game version of Dynamis, they were adding zones every 2-3 months to it). They also do class balance every now and again, so there's that.

>worthless reply
>retarded anime girl reaction image
Like pottery.

Seems fine for now. Noticeably less broken than Nasomi but smaller playerbase. I believe they let you import your characters from Kupo.

>the centerpiece of the arena that it zooms in on as you enter is some hidden detail in the background you'll never notice
I accept your concession, nigger.

How can a man be cultured if the portion of the brain where culture is stored gets lobotomized? Think again before talking shit.

T. Retard

I like the idea of playing on Eden but I like crafting a lot and the mats/economy just aren't there compared to Nasomi unfortunately. Maybe some day.

One more question:

How's the installation? I mean I know I can do it again if it was like old nas/kupo, but fuck that whole thing. And I'm not even talking about the jazz simulator part.

Where's that mobile game?

>compares Alexander to Elder scrolls
>thinks other replies are worthless

ded

Attached: 1537701314263.png (350x350, 41K)

If I remember correctly, both Nasomi and Eden now have a full installer that bypasses the PlayOnline stuff.

You just run the installer then configure Ashita and you're good to go.

>T.Retard
>TR.etard
>TRe.tard
>TRet.ard
>TReta.rd
>TRetar.d
>TRetard.
>Retard.

Retard.

Attached: 1520054028054.gif (320x240, 436K)

>I'm an idiot who can't see the comparission between two objects because I legitimately have autism and literally can't

>please use Ashita
>but if you use any features of Ashita that's a ban

So there's no holy themed bosses? No crusaders? Just robots and goblins? More like I'll take yours.

Elder scrolls is the most entry level comparison. Like saying Far cry is Skyrim with guns. Try again

Man I miss playing FFXI I think I had almost a years worth of playtime. I miss leveling up jobs in the dunes with my friends the most.

everyone misses the dunes until they actually go back to the dunes

Go play a fucking phone game then normalfag. So sick of the common denominators dictating what should and shouldn't be the norm. Brainlets like you all need the rope.

The dunes was still pretty fun desu.

>So there's no holy themed bosses?
But there are?
>Just robots and goblins?
>why does a holy fortress summoned by technologically advanced goblins have goblins and robots???
I'm sorry for your brain damage.

>your comparison was not up to my standards, therefore I shall ignore it
Why are you doing this?

XI wishes it had quality content like

youtu.be/YOBpATa1HUY

Attached: 1548377425255.jpg (4032x2772, 2.21M)

wow I think I like Ninja now...

>game is a nightmare to run privately
>base application reduces much of the trauma
>already playing on era-oriented servers. wouldn't be hard to look the other way to play accordingly.

IF IT SO GOOD WHY IS EMPTY AND FF14 FULL EH?!?!

Because all the brainlets left.

He's married, sorry user. Can still give it a shot with Shroud though, he's turbo single.

Based Karl being the voice of reason once again

Because your a retard who starts fights with superiority competitions when nobody cares. I'm tired of you retards infesting every game since you do nothing but instigate mass replies of butthurt on purpose and knock threads off topic. I'm not going to argue with a dimwit who's goal coming in here was to farm (You)s.

Attached: mFZRSgff.jpg (1252x1252, 146K)

ff14 could have been good if they just fixed 1.0 instead of remaking it into WoW

They were getting there at one point but it was never meant to last.

Would've died fast too

Then why talk about FFXIV in the first place? This isn't an FFXIV thread. Don't reply to FFXIV shit posters. If you didn't want it to go off topic then why did you reply? Fuck off, nigger.

nasomi is the only decent mmo currently.
Just got my ebisu

Attached: nas.jpg (389x103, 13K)

There's FFXIV shillers in every mmo thread but they're outright hostile in FFXI threads. Why?

Got mad that they couldn't figure out how to install and play FFXIV with their single digit IQ and macbook pros so they take every opportunity to shit on FFXI as much as they can.

>FFXIV
Meant to be FFXI, I need to lie down, my skull is broken.

>Fishing on Nasomi

Attached: 1549734026439.jpg (1280x720, 490K)

I've made millions from fishing, happy to answer any questions about the process of slowly losing your mind.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (366x248, 85K)

Because they're two very different games in the same series, both being the only two MMO's in said series. XIV Players hate the slow monotony of XI and the complete lack of mechanics. XI Players hate XIV because it's a WoW clone with vertical loot treadmill gearing.

Two different forms of equally potent autism, of course they won't get along.

And it is FF. JRPG fans rarely ever get along with each other. Thank god /jrpgg/ is dead for good.

>only XI discussion is allowed because I said so
Naw fuck off cunt

Attached: 1544415627192.jpg (523x372, 60K)

You didn't have to post a picture of yourself to get your message across, you're a FFXIV player, we get it. Take your FFXIV discussion to its own thread.

You two are fuck-tarded. The vitriol is one-sided 95% of the time and people bitched about FFXIV period whether they know FFXI ever existed. Once again, many FFXIV shills come into any given MMO thread, /vg/ included, any usually play up a "come play our game teehee uWu" but in FFXI threads its just pure, unadulterated hatred.

Why?

They dont want to admit that their next gen FF MMO is actually just a casualized themepark version of a superior game.

youtu.be/rNRq1J91ybo

>I-I-its n-not just an a-a-a-asset f-flip

I used to solo on just about every class way back.
Depending on the job you could crush through EP or chain EM with the right subs while seeking a group and pull 3-4k an hour.
There was also a ton of spots where you could find the right mob types at the right level to do this and make a bit of gil while doing it too.

Most people did not keep their skills leveled though and only had one gear set so would get destroyed while soloing, especially back in Zilart and CoP days.

Actually as a FFXI player, I hate XIV for it's slow monotony and complete lack of mechanics

monsters commonly recur across many ff games. this is not exactly a big deal here bub

Lose the jacket.

Attached: 1551486541868.png (512x512, 472K)

Go into xiv threads and you'll see XI players sitting on xiv. The hate goes both ways just xiv actually has a player base so it's much more pronounced.

So you never got past 50. Got it.

On the other hand you could get wow where things change every expansions to the point where people have no idea whats going to happen overall. New systems clutter and kill old systems just because they feel the need to change things. For better or worse a change will be made in WoW.

No

Attached: 1504381800647.png (512x512, 203K)

the problem with ffxi right now is that it literally runs worse on modern systems than it did on old systems.
also the endgame of dynamis d/omen is kinda shitty. Ambuscade fights can be fun but there's only really one per month. Reisenjima pop nms can be frustrating because of how cryptic pop conditions are. The game would be better if it wasn't built around "bring the right classes/gear and burn the enemy down before it gets to do anything" but the engine is so old and busted that that's really the best they can do.

Nope, this was the first thing I noticed when I played back in it's 1.0 alpha.
They're actually the same exact models with slightly more vetices and a better texture/bump map. In many cases they're the same animation too, but some were updated.

NEW GAME BAD.
OLD GAME GOOD.

Attached: 1526017051429.jpg (700x700, 68K)

It's like 2 or 3 posts out of the whole 500 reply thread that shit on FFXIV. They're all ignored as well. But as soon as a FFXI thread appears, 70% of it is FFXIV shit.

>how cryptic pop conditions are
I meant proc conditions.

Qiqirns in 1.0 were at least entirely retextured. After ARR they just started straight up importing PS2 models with low-res textures and all.

>You actually are a disgusting weeaboo
Its like you dont know youre on a Mongolian Basket weaving site.

9k players vs 300k players

Why is the hate so one sided? I just don't know

Yea Forums in a nutshell. Also, FUCK MGS2. overrated sacred cow game.

Got bard to 50 + relic on 2.0 release.
Hit my head against keyboard repeatedly to get through the terrible msq to make it to 60.
Played the latest expansion and gave half way to 70
FFXIV is just boring compared to 11.

Not an excuse for their constant shitty behavior towards another mmo.

Some of those aren't quite fair because they looked exactly the same even on SNES.

But I do see the point. They're assets lifted straight from XI.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

>XI thread starts up shitting on XIV
>"Why are all these XIV players here"

I've been on the general for the last 2 months trying out the latest patch and there's been little to no mention of FFXI. Plenty of shit about discord drama and cat/aura/bun shitposting, but nothing on FFXI.

The last two years when a FFXI thread pops up, its just non-stop, raw hateposting.

A malboro in FFX looks completely different from a malboro in any other FF title, but in FFXI and FFXIV they look exactly the same despite vanadiel and eorzea not being in the same universe.

Or what about this theme here:

youtu.be/t3G7dE2mu7s

Seems pretty similar to this theme

youtu.be/ErORD38kVTY

The FFXI one came out in 2015 though. Really makes you think.

I've got multiple 75's. Ask me shit.

Attached: Capture.jpg (747x114, 10K)

>A malboro in FFX looks completely different from a malboro in any other FF title, but in FFXI and FFXIV they look exactly the same
They don't though. They're not the same at all.
>Or what about this theme here:
>Seems pretty similar to this theme
Yeah, they used the same theme intentionally because that questline was about Tenzen. The temple is even called Reisenjima.

>Why x?
>because y
>I don't like that

Kay? Like I agree with you but logically it makes sense.

Is it still in a perpetual half-broken state while other servers continue to improve and Nas refuses to update it or accept any of the help offered to him daily?

the definition of "nostalgia"
shit, criptic story with terrible gameplay people only love for the community aspect

youtu.be/rNRq1J91ybo
Stop trying to defend SE's laziness

Do people still exploit shit and push rules to the fullest and get full sperg when they do get slapped? Not including nas' favs of course.

Why isn't DNC or SCH in? I want to play another healer that isn't WHM

>However, its filled with ultra neckbeards with direct support from the owner/server's name sake who would love nothing more to ruin your fun and//or sell spawns/loot for real money (RMT)
RMT gets you a ban, sweetie

I wasn't defending anything, but the malboros flat out are not the same in XI and XIV, and that music choice was intentional to relate it to Tenzen.

Attached: 1521708347408.png (799x283, 414K)

Nas still refuses all help, pointing to the deadwing example when he got some help for coding fishing and people shat on the guy.
It's been getting rapidly better, Nas has a bunch of fixes for annoying bugs that even DSP doesn't have. Not to mention he tripled the packet rate, so the game runs better than it ever did on retail. Apparently PUP is going to be working soon

>even the game FFXIV itself can't stop trying to put it's nose in FFXI
Sorry, but there's zero reason why reisenjima or tenzen should exist in FFXIV, the devs are relentlessly talentless, please stop ripping shit from ffxi to bolster your mutation of an mmo.

XI was a shit game with good social experiences.

If you get caught and he cares. This concept isn't unique to FFXI private servers.

Most exploits have been getting closed.
I've never seen hard evidence of TS abusing any exploit (apart from the web scraping drama a few months ago). Plenty of people getting banned all the time

Nasomi has had a hard enough time implementing Aht Urgan content, I wouldn't hold your breath

>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ONE NEW MODEL xd

Off yourself

Those aren't from TOAU era.
Mostly, the game is set in late toau, with a few wotg changes brought in like the 2handed buff.

Is there a problem with the resemblance itself? FF7 and FF8 marlboros look like each other. If a model was ported I won't defend that.

>Sorry, but there's zero reason why reisenjima or tenzen should exist in FFXIV
Nigga don't act like recurring names isn't a thing in Final Fantasy.
Most 1.0 enemies were completely unique. They only went hard with the porting after ARR because they were cutting as many corners as possible. There's no excuse for it now that they actually have a budget though.

too bad ffxi isn't on console so i will never play it

>these models are identical
>they are objectively quite different: [proof]
>well you're faggot

never reply to me again with such a low quality post

Attached: thwock.png (640x852, 1.25M)

Nas has been actively hunting it down, putting hundreds of people permanently into jail.
He's got tons of alerts setup for any sort of item/gil transfer.

did they shut down the X360 service?

This XI thread started with an OP shitting on XIV, of course it devolved into shitflinging.

I like both games. I miss WS Chaining, environments that felt bigger, combat/magic skill levels, progression that actually means something for a long time, and the constant threat of death from FFXI. I enjoy the music(most of the time), the story(most of the time. Fuck Ala Mhigo), raiding, and the skill progression of FFXIV. If they were to take 70% of FFXI and 30% of FFXIV and mash it together, we'd get an amazing game.

Also Mithra > Miqo'te and Tarutaru > Lalafells

Attached: shantotto_ff11.jpg (244x350, 15K)

TOAU is the end of the line anyway, WOTG won't be implemented.
DNC and SCH are working in DSP base are far as I know

OP's just pissed that he doesnt have anything to run the superior game on, XI is a corpse at this point

they shut down the 360/ps2 version a while ago. so pc is the only way to play now.

>Nigga don't act like recurring names isn't a thing in Final Fantasy
This argument would have worked if Iroha herself, Tenzen's daughter from FFXI didn't show up in FFXIV as an event. I'd have let it slide if they made their own rendition of Reisenjima's music but they ripped it. It's canonically FFXI tenzen that FFXIV is referencing now. Die.

Also, RDM is the main healer for most content anyway.

Long time ago. ps2 support was the last to go...in 2012 or something. I don't remember.

Attached: img_20180903_005724.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>It's canonically FFXI tenzen that FFXIV is referencing now
No it's not nigga. Iroha showing up is completely unrelated to that quest chain. The Tenzen in XIV is a previous Warrior of Light from over a thousand years ago who lived and died on Hydaelyn. He's not XI's Tenzen.

It's nice he's going out of his way to stop it, but it doesn't help that the economy gets fucked in the ass every time he breaks the game with an update.

Or when he leaves BST and SMN in their broken states for several months.

When is Square Enix going to do the thing where if you pay for FFXIV and FFXI sub you get a discount for both and maybe bonus items in both games? It's really tough to sub to both and pay full price.

I cannot fucking wait for the Nier 24mans in Shadowbringers. i wonder how many bosses will have bullet hell-lite mechanics.

there's probably such a small amount of people paying subs for both games simultaneously that literally any effort whatsoever spent on said people is a waste of resources.

They gave a discount back around 1.0 launch, but killed it when they stopped charging for 1.0 playtime.

The delusion is real. Shantotto even appears in FFXIV. Mithra minions in FFXIV. Cait Sith minion that looks damn similar to FFXI's Cait Sith. Fucking Kirin's Oxide and Vermilion Cloak. Koenig Armor set is the Wootz armor set in FFXIV. Absolute Virtue, a FFXI exclusive enemy is in FFXIV. You're defending the insanely lazy faggots behind FFXIV, so you're automatically a retard but come the fuck on.

Then why did they use reisenjima music if they're not the same character and it's just a callback? Do any of the other myriad of characters have exactly the same themes across games?

Face it dude. They asset flipped it because they knew most FFXIV players wouldn't notice or care. They're a lazy company. Yoshida tried to kill ffxi with one hand while ripping assets and material from it with the other.

The "economy" doesn't really get affected by any particular update, a few specific items have gained/lost value but that's to be expected.

SMN was never in a broken state, in fact it was pretty OP for a long time.
BST could basically solo PW, they got slapped, and then buffed back up a few weeks later. In those few weeks, I didn't really have any issues anyway.

You're an idiot who thinks he's smart. Just stop.

Damn what a shame.

I guess it's too hard to combine playonline with mogstation, both games do have their share of spaghetti code afterall.

>Shantotto even appears in FFXIV
In a temporary event, yeah. She canonically travels dimensions in XI anyway.
>Mithra minions in FFXIV. Cait Sith minion that looks damn similar to FFXI's Cait Sith. Fucking Kirin's Oxide and Vermilion Cloak. Koenig Armor set is the Wootz armor set in FFXIV. Absolute Virtue, a FFXI exclusive enemy is in FFXIV
Yeah, all FFXI fanservice that takes nothing away. My only issue is that they ported AV's model instead of giving him more love and making a new one for him.
>Then why did they use reisenjima music if they're not the same character and it's just a callback?
Because it's a callback? They do the same thing with Hien by giving him Cyan's theme, because he's from the Kingdom of Doma and his father was a samurai named Kaien.

SMN was too strong and BST could infinitely stack its 2HR ability on jug pets and solo everything, even the level 99 Aht Urgan mobs. This went on for a fairly long period of time.

No, I'd say he's right on the money.

You're clearly a delusional individual. They could call the next expansion "back to vanadiel" and just have the install package be playonline and ffxi and you would still be like "wow so original thanks yoshida"

nuff said

Attached: FFXI Master Race.jpg (2560x1760, 661K)

playonline was the hardest boss i'd ever encountered when i was 13 and trying to play FFXI on the 360

Sorry, thought you were referring to the recent nerfs. Yeah, they were OP as fuck, but it did eventually get fixed.

If anything, you'd be the one to eat that shit up. Oh wait, you're a poorfag who can't play XIV

Why is FFXIV a callback mmo? Can it not stand on its own feet without being propped up by the corpses of older games? FFXIV is a dull abomination. There should not be any reason why ffxi or any other ff game or other series should exist at all in FFXIV.

man I remember when I got FFXI from EB games and got home so excited to play it only to find out I had to download gigabytes of patches at like 60kb/s. it was the longest wait ever.

>is ff11 worth it?
Retail is not, unless you just want to do the story, single player style.
>does it still have a monthly sub?
Yes. The free trial takes you though the 2002 content and lasts for a couple of weeks, not that it will last you weeks at the current rate of exp gain. You could do it all in hours, solo of course. Try a private server if you want to play with real people and struggle for your progress.

That's basically my experience.
Currently having a great time as BLM/NIN

>poll about drastically changing game mechanics in ffxiv
>tfw they will never do another end of the world event followed by a surprise multi-gb patch
>mobile FFXI was actually them working on changing FFXIV into FFXI with more content.

Underrated

You're a fucking troglodyte. Why dont you go ride your theme park rides and dress up your self insert waifu. Typical brainlet XIV player cant handle the truth that his game is a hack job and a cash grab.

Never ever

Attached: FFXIMob.png (800x450, 774K)

How is XI's story anyway?

everything is /nin though. You'll literally get kicked from the game if you aren't.

This is a blatant lie on XIV's side. I don't know why it's always one or the other with you guys, I like both games.

Attached: 1534948478872.png (5000x3600, 93K)

I'm expecting a part where the game suddenly shifts into 2d camera perspective and you have to deal with shit.

Convoluted, hard to follow, and probably one of the best JRPG stories in any game.

COR, BLU, PUP are the best classes in ANY MMO. My god why can't MMOs make anything close to such perfection??

from 51-70 are levels or collectible farming for gatherers faster for grinding?

user, no. No, user. You can only like 1 thing at a time.

The last thing I was doing in FF before I quit was trying to solo NMs as PUP for my bards emp harp so I could actually join groups and get good gear. My linkshell had died and come back two or three times in the time I stopped playing, but by that point everyone was so geared up I couldnt do the same content as them anymore. I had just started learning how to dual box so I could get my own pocket healer and was leveling it with fell cleave farming, which I found kind of fun actually. I had soloed to finish the ending of CoP, and ToA. There was just so much to do. My biggest problem was always just being too poor.

Depends, in exp pt if you've got enough healing you'll usually have other options.
/NIN has been a great filter for BLM though, if someone asks me to change to /WHM I know to get the fuck out of that party.

It's there. Enough memorable characters but not much else, which is good in a pre-wow mmorpg, kind of similar to Classic Wow or TBC if you never played one.

Kind of sickens me how often games these days put on the fast track or make you "the chosen one" from the get go.

FFXI players remind me of PSO1 players. Constantly complaining that FFXIV/PSO2 is nothing like the previous game.

>got a few jobs to 75 on Nasomi awhile ago
>mostly played solo, would just stay in farming spots with mobs I got some exp off of and went to skill up near a zone line every couple levels and got a group occasionally
>ended up getting some of the best non-ex gear and rarely used it since stuff like accuracy is not too helpful for soloing after a little investment
>tried endgame stuff a little but had no interest since it was nothing but BLM spam with SAMs that never stopped swinging and the occasional Kraken Club DRK jokes
>was even worse than retail used to be and was easily the worst experience I had in XI
>kind of want to go back and just hang out in social groups and farm and solo mostly while shooting the shit

I get that the emulation is buggy and most of these guys have been doing it forever, but the endgame state was one of the most unfun things I have ever experienced in an MMO, and I used to do it in XI back in retail.

Attached: 1532865991767.png (500x477, 136K)

A limited time event is not reflective of the whole game. Play the DRK quest line, fight Ravana, or any content dealing with the MSQ then come back and try to shitpost.

I'd suggest sitting in Gusgen, catching eel till you're out of that range

ffxiv is the only mmo i've ever played and i enjoy it greatly

>Enter Key Enter Key Enter Key
Is what most faggots know of FFXI's story. It's kind of hard to describe FFXI's story. It's not a long continuous one until the last expansion, more like its several stories for each expansion and small expansion. Hell, even the side quests have stories. It all wraps up in the end with Rhapsodies of Vanadiel though, where everyone you met in your adventure comes together for a universe ending threat and your character literally has to shed their humanity to become a god to stop the threat.

People love to shill the DRK quests a lot. Play any part of FFXI and actually read the dialogue and then get back to me.

>Start downloading in the morning before school
>Uncontrollable excitement all day
>Get home and its still downloading

see

Its the same in P99 and currently a dumpster fire (surrounded by a bunch of russian and BR hobos though) with Lineage 2 classic. In p99, people would hold corpses hostage just so other couldn't loot the corpses. in FFXI/Nas, there was plenty of situations where people let loot hit the floor for spite or end-game reasons (its fun according to the ultraneckbeards).

Even the p99 pvp server never got off the ground because there's people who will circumvent the pvp rules by twinking out certain characters for every level gap possible. So yes, a person will camp you as soon as you log into a fresh characters on the p99 pvp server, in gear worth thousands of burger bux IRL.

>They need to do a hard reset and make servers that are everything before abbysea
Shut up and take my gil.

Not feasible. Would cost more than it would make, you owe me money for making me read that foolish idea. A start from scratch server would cost pretty much nothing. They wouldn't need new resources, it's a simple matter of merging deader servers to use an existing box and disabling content while changing rates (which they do right now in free trial mode, so they have the capability)

Thoughts on who will be the 8 man raid tier and side story primal trio?
>Bahamut
>Alexander
>Omega

Whos another BIG BOI FF monster that hasnt gotten any limelight?

Attached: 1534781409001.png (1280x1688, 1.01M)

Eden

>People love to shill the quests a lot. >Play any part of FFXIV and actually read the dialogue and then get back to me.

Attached: 7AAC310FA698149CBF3B90506BA717E9A5DDC3836C6CCBDDF5pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (480x480, 61K)

Pandemonium Warden. Oh wait, they probably already have that planned to ripped from ffxi as well. They already took Absolute Virtue, so why not take the other super boss while they're at it?

There's more super bosses but they're going through them faster then a historical/time traveling show going through content.

they've pretty much touched everything already. soon they'll have to start making original monsters.

There is no need to be so upset over a game you don't play.

Ultimecia's castle for 8 man.

zodiark. too bad he's stuck being the big bad darkness crystal or whatever.

To be fair, it ranges from godly to horrible.

>Swapping gear on the fly in combat
weapons would be fine, but changing armor mid combat is one of the most retarded things imaginable

Attached: 1551485035311.jpg (421x389, 26K)

>he has to shill a single job quest line, the garbage story quests a cringe fight against a fucking bug god that got slain like 3 times the moment it got summoned, wow what a cool enemy

Pathetic. Meanwhile, all I have to do is simply ask that you play FFXI and it's already better, no matter what you're doing.

thematically stupid, but it's really useful when each piece of gear a huge impact.

They're probably gonna touch FFX bosses like Evrae and Yunalesca

Yeah, man, carrying 60 different pieces of gear for one job and making 20 gear swap macros for literally every weapon skill or ability was really fun. Without modding the game, people are just constantly blinking in and out of existence because they’re just all swapping gear constantly. That’s just retarded by any game’s standards.

>you will never get dropped off at college by mom and take the bus home right away to play FFXI all day long while your parents slaved at their jobs to support you piece of shit lazy ass
>will never wait 3 hours for a group to form only to xp for 15 minutes before the healer has to go and the party disbands
>will never camp Fafnir with darters disabled and get the claim over japs using shadowbind and get invited to the killing alliance to get the title
>will never be grouping in garliege citadel with a lvl 36 ninja tank who drops group the second he gets 37 and warp scrolls out
>will never talk to your friends in your linkshells about anime and how cool naruto and one piece are
>you will never type yoroshiku to random japs in your groups thinking your hot shit

TAKE ME BACK BROS THE FUTURE FUCKING SUCKS MMOS ALL FUCKING SUCK

GROWING UP SUCKS I HATE MY LIFE FUCK THIS

Attached: chrischantimelapsepurehorror.gif (164x240, 2.53M)

Yunalesca is just an FFX version of Sophia, who was already used.

>>will never wait 3 hours for a group to form only to xp for 15 minutes before the healer has to go and the party disbands
Had that happen yesterday.
>>will never be grouping in garliege citadel with a lvl 36 ninja tank who drops group the second he gets 37 and warp scrolls out
This too

Well, go play it instead of whining on Yea Forums about it.

Using a damaging ability that deals magic damage? Put on some magic damage gear. Using a melee set that benefits from faster weapon skilling? Put on Double Attack, Triple Attack, Quadruple Attack, Store TP, Haste, Dual Wield, Accuracy gear. Using a weaponskill that scales it's damage off the Strength stat? Put on STR gear.

the gameplay is just slow-ass menuing so he can do both at the same time!

This. The servers are still up.

Lockstyle removes the blinking unless changing weapons. Blinking shouldn't even be a complaint from anyone unless you're a whm. If you're saying you'd rather play the game without maximising your potential in that job by refusing to use the in-game tools that allows it, then you're simply a shit player who doesn't belong in ffxi.

It's a mix maxer's dream but it was expected of even the noobs to pick this up or die (socially). Similar to using the /nin above. I always wanted to play a bard but fuck doing all that equipment switching. FFIX private communities are super quick to ostracize non-mix/maxers even with classes that are lacking.

>time to use my magic attack
>hol up let me just unzip my pants and change into magic gear
>there
>MAGIC ATTACK
>next I will do a melee attack
>hol up let me just....
you can keep your meme game, not paying a monthly fee to be a spreadsheet

Attached: 1551400816085.png (600x610, 565K)

lockstyle doesn't work on nas
Although, fixes most issues.

I legitimately, unironically miss the extremely janky but unique class mechanics from XI in XIV.

Bard probably has the smallest amount of gear to carry around, just 4/5 instruments.

It's a game, user. You're free to be shit at it, nobody is going to stop you.

>Lateral progression
i haven't played ffxi so i have a question about this. does everyone just use whatever gear pieces are optimal despite having freedom in build variety? every time i see someone suggest horizontal progression for ffxiv the response is always that the playerbase will just figure out what's optimal and nothing else will be used.

they're pretty dead though except for 1 server and even then that server still has less players than a mid pop ffxiv server.

Besides community and dev issues, the first referenced post reminded me of something I almost completely forgotten from FFXI gameplay mechanics. Thank you for making sure I wasn't procrastinating on my online cert classes.

There’s no excuse for why an adventurer should be carrying around 60 pieces of armor to change them out in between attacks during battle. It’s just fucking stupid. There’s no argument you can make that will make that sound cool or appealing, it’s dumb, and you’re a fag.

>playing Nasomi
There's your problem. Cavemen who cling to FFXI's past fear the current game because of the macros and equipset additions. Sad thing is, putting on sets of gear for everything was a thing in ffxi way before gearswap was even a thing, so you're probably still shit even on Nasomi.

Nasomi is alive and kicking
Every fucking obscure NM I go to camp has another guy there.

>respect for player time

Funny you mention that, seeing as every thing in XIV is a meaningless treadmill on a never ending, all too tiring cycle, not to mention the fact that XIV adopted the abhorrent mindset WoW created with "everyone gets epics! epics means nothing anymore! legendary means nothing anymore!" The only fucking thing in XIV you can look at and respect/pity is someone that's grinded out a meaningless relic weapon. Respect my ass.

It's not a lie, but this was made before Heave n' Sward added more stuff to BLM.

Nas has equip sets

People in FFXI still do everything with all kinds of strats and setups. There's for sure the obvious optimal way to go about it, but even still, everyone puts together teams of people who aren't on optimal jobs.

Optimal changes from fight to fight as well, so basically every piece of gear you'll find has some use.

>It's not a lie
they're omitting several spells from BLM's kit just to make it look bad. it's a half truth. 2.0 BLM was boring as shit but it still had more going on than that epic bait comparison wants you to believe.

Lateral in the sense that gear isn't immediately outclassed the second the next raid tier comes out. It would be like having a 2nd raid tier items be the same ilvl as the first raid tier, just with different stats and bonuses. So your first raid tier items are still good, in some slots maybe even better.

Fact is though XIVs itemization is far too shallow to allow for this kind of progression.

It's not supposed to be cool. It's supposed to make you stronger. It actually is appealing because you're drawing out further potential for that job by utilizing this ability. Some content can't be cleared in parties if you're not using equipsets. Some content can be absolutely destroyed all by yourself without trusts if you use equipsets. The ability to solo hard shit because of the work you've put into your equipment is what is appealing. But a shitter who doesn't care about doing their best wouldn't understand this I guess.

What I really loved about XI was the clear focus the game had. The quests were much more sparse compared to XIV and I was actually excited to do them compared to the hundreds of MSQs that you have to slog through in XIV.

The times have changed the people. It was the sense of community and the relative unknown that made the older MMO's so great. In today's ADHD riddled dumpster fire we call the internet, nothing would be sacred. Faggots and niggers would be soaking up information before it's released due to datamining and no one is social enough or patient enough to thoroughly enjoy the MMO experience. People bitched about quality of life enough to where devs decided to give in, and it's spoiled and rotted the minds of playerbases to the point that no "traditional" MMO would ever survive.

Like what? I can't remember much else other than using an INT buff once or twice during a boss fight.

FFXI is a fucking joke now, keep your meme game and call me when they revert to a 2004 build.

Autistically optimizing multiple sets of gear for one job is infinitely more fun than logging on and grinding tokens to get the highest ilvl piece of gear with the exact same stats as the piece I had before it.

>no one does skillchains/magic bursts anymore

Attached: (´・ω・`).jpg (250x250, 6K)

It was like that in 2004

Then the complaint about "muh 60 item slots just to play a job" must be the fact that Nasomi still has ass inventory management. FFXI currently has 750 inventory slots, probably more, I never fucked with Mog Locker, but still, there's zero reason why people aren't using equipsets in their macros.

They do though.

I never made a complaint about 60 slots friend, wrong guy.
Also Nas has sack, satchel, case, locker, safe, and storage

Absolutely embarrassing.

>missed FFXI thread
SON OF BITS
oh well goodnight Yea Forums

fire iii, blizzard iii, thunder ii, swiftcast, convert, transpose, scathe(lol), and flare.
the image implies you just spam whichever spells depending on whether you're doing single target or aoe when in reality the job was about fishing for procs and dancing between stances to manage your mp.

MMOlets still seething

FFXI died when they let you solo to max level with any job.

Inventory/sack/satchel can all be upgraded simultaneously to 70 with gobbiebags, with the 80 items coming at some point, you have an 80 slot mog safe by default, you have an 80 slot mog case by default, you can get 60+ slots in your mog locker, you have furniture storage, the fuck are you on about?

Where did you hear this? People self skillchain and magic burst in their sleep these days. I wouldn't be surprised if all of it was accidental, it's so easy.

>Fact is though XIVs itemization is far too shallow to allow for this kind of progression.

Fact. XIV of all the MMOs I play and have played, offers the least amount of player agency over how their character's stats and abilities.

XI had extremely powerful gear and subclassing.

WoW has talents and meaningful secondary stats.

In XIV there is literally a single endgame set for you to use for every job and all the "options" you have are an illusion. Materia doesn't have enough impact on stats to be meaningful. Role abilities are even more cookie cutter than talents and you get so many of them that you literally have to be retarded to somehow miss the important ones.

11 had lots of gear sets for lots of different occasions. Even niche pieces for random things that werent really neccessary, but useable. One of the pieces that would always come to mind is Frenzy sallet. An item from an enemy that only spawned in a level capped area during a certain type of weather. It required a group to get for a long time since it was in a level capped area, but if you got it you now had a piece of gear to swap in to break sleep fast.

Attached: Frenzy_Sallet.jpg (366x103, 12K)

From 2007 until I quit in 2014 I never saw a skillchain party. Everything was TP/manaburn.

>self skillchain
That wasn't what I meant and you know it.

You're both fucking retarded with these extremes. There's a balance or focus to be sound but there's a difference between effort = reward and effort = not getting kicked from a fucking trash group. It kept people from playing some of the more wanted jobs because people would just shit on them all day openly because "you're not trying hard enough".

Oh shit, I didn't even add in the literal inventory. It's at 830 now. Mog Safe, Mog Safe 2, Storage, Mog Locker, Mog Satchel (880 if you have it, 830 without it), Mog Sack, Mog Case, Mog Wardrobe 1, 2, 3 and 4.

This thread feels like it has 1 guy defending modern FFXI, 2 Nasomi players, and 3/4 FFXIV shitheads having their own conversation.
G'Night Yea Forums

Stay mad, stay poor. Stay free.

Is Nasomi any fun if I hate myself and want 2005 FFXI back

Well, sorry to say this user, but you actually weren't trying hard enough.

yes

it's not perfect

The problem is that for all the "options" FFXI gave a person, they we're tunneled heavily into only a few options. At least when I played starting around TOAU and then private servers. I use to think the Dragoon hate was an affectionate joke until I confirmed stories that Dragoons were extremely hated players in FFXI. Not even Rangers from Everquest we're kept from groups as long as there was a dps spot.

You can get 400+ on Nasomi easily in addition to whatever you can add with furniture storage

All I want is a server to play 2005-era BST on again.

I'm talking about the official game by the way, user.

See

go in with the understanding that there's differences and some weirdness (OWNM's) and you'll have a wonderful time.
The differences make it so that wiki's aren't perfect sources of info, really gives you that authentic allakhazam days feel

People still TP burn but SC + MB is the fastest way to get CP unless you can cleave (either BLU or BST).

Get yourself a GEO, a WHM, 1-2 BLM or SCH with 35-40% +mbd, and a couple DDs that can make a light or darkness skillchain then laugh as they MB Apex Crabs for 50-60k+. In fact BLM and SCH are fairly easy to level as long as you can hit the 30% +mbd floor they are very desirable for CP parties.

BST just got brought in line to 2006 era, it was OP.
There's a couple of lingering out of era things (akamochi) that'll eventually be removed.

>RDM
>BLU
>PUP
It's so nice to see after not playing for almost 10 years that PUP is just a straight upgrade to MNK.

>Like garbage cat NPC
>Even has heterochromia like all the awful shitlord players

>Music
>Story
>Denying ERPs in 11
>More jobs = Better
>MinMaxing gear in combat autism
MinMaxing is alright for builds but on the fly minmax is autism. 11 doesn't have bad music but 14 is better and denying 11 also didn't have ERPs is dumb. Can't argue with transmog and subclass tho

He has a legitimate reason for the heterochromia though.

What changes? All I care about is being able to use the Purgonorgo Isle BST camp. It was my favorite.

>Then the complaint about "muh 60 item slots just to play a job" must be the fact that Nasomi still has ass inventory management
And I'm talking about this, you have plenty of space on Nasomi

>Spent 2 days on Nasomi camping a NM that doesn't even exist
>mfw

Attached: 1543790198506.webm (1920x796, 1.89M)

>but 14 is better
I disagree with you.

FFX is on rails. XI is still squeenix's most profitable game.

Then what is the argument?

I have no idea, what is your argument? I'm just correcting that incorrect statement.

Mobs don't spawn in exactly the same location, and the levels of mobs may be slightly off (1/2 levels). Chances are, you won't be able to use the same exact camp but you'd wouldn't have trouble finding a different one.
Jug pets last forever, pet food zeta was giving tons of hp (but that recently got nerfed). From the BST I've talked to, it plays much closer to retail after the recent changes.

>XI is still squeenix's most profitable game.

Attached: margdf.png (505x379, 27K)

This can usually be avoided by looking at the wiki history and seeing if it was added after 2007.
Or if the item has never sold on the AH.

One user was crying about how it takes up his inventory to use equipsets in a job. I was telling him he either is a shitter or Nasomi still had crap inventory that didn't really help facilitate swapping equipment. It seems you have told me that Nasomi has the space to allow this, so that must mean the person is simply a shitter.

In all fairness to that user I imagine Xi didn't cost a ton to make compared with xiv. He's still wrong but like hey I get why he'd think that.

Or asking people

You left out the level 85 Courier Carries 3-manning Kirin and BSTs charming 99 TOAU mobs, 2Hring and then soloing the lvl 99 ZNMs

Era here. Nasomi admin is just an autist that doesn't know how to code.
Era is getting Savage this month, nyzul isle soon and has had znm and ToAU Kings for years.
All the toau missions are working as of 6 months ago too

It was the first multiplatform MMO. PC, ps2, xbone360, Linux and Mac.
Support has since been dropped for half of those though.