Is this IP dead?

Is this IP dead?

Attached: nights.png (569x640, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYFXn-VWnWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's an old-school Sega IP, of course it's dead.

>It's not Sonic, of course it's dead.
Fix'd

It was never alive

Then why is Sonic still alive?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was their last good game of that franchise. In a way, I'm impressed Sega kept trying against all odds, even if they failed.

I stand corrected. You two have the proper way of putting it.

Sonic and Knuckles was the peak of the series m8

>Why is the mascot still getting games?
I dunno, why doesn't F-Zero still get games? Oh wait...

NiGHTS is the closest thing weve got to a 3d sonic in terms of the way the game handles momentum.

For now. Which is a fucking crime.

ded

Isn't the game completely on rails and takes play flying through the sky? How is that Sonic's momentum gameplay?

Speed based. You need to find the best and fastest route through a stage while constantly moving and racking up the highest score.

sadly it is

I'm right there with you in hoping for a new one user. I just rebought the Wii version the other day, actually. Gonna replay it on Tuesday

Why do you fuckers always have threads when I'm at work?

But yes op it's dead along with just about every sega ip

Attached: 1531635913509.jpg (480x480, 78K)

I wanna fuck Nights

Mania Plus?

Nights is a ___

Who doesn't?

Attached: tumblr_oyltti2Tql1w6vwaqo1_1280.png (1219x1920, 435K)

>Would love to answer Puyo Puyo
>Remember that it pretty much lives only by its OG E-sport status in Japan
>ONly thing it got in any of the All Stars games was a Minigame

Attached: FIE.png (312x405, 342K)

In your dreams faggot.

That's like saying SA2 was the best example of the Classic gameplay. And yes, I know people will say that, but I don't since speed /= momentum. There's a clear difference.

I miss NiGHTS...

Attached: [SAT]_[JAP]_Nights_into_Dreams_[DEVANT].jpg (1429x1407, 146K)

Join the club.

I still can't believe that's how he ended it.

Nights into dreams is a kino as hell game. Simplistic, simple story and a stellar soundtrack.

Journey could've been so much better. I was only able to stomach one kids story. It's biggest redeeming feature was the music.
>remix of growing wings
>cruising together
If they hadn't tried so hard with the story and made the kids more likeable like claris and elliot it would've been a far better game.

youtube.com/watch?v=PYFXn-VWnWU

Sega is effectively dead. So yes.

she is cute

Let's see, the first one came out in 96, the sequel came out 11 years later. It's been 12 years. So, maybe? If anything, the gap between the first and the sequel shows us it could still happen a decade later.

Journey was insufferable at times, but it had its redeeming moments. I'm mostly just glad that I got to play a sequel to NiGHTS.

PSO2 would be dead if that was true

Im honestly surprised they even put out a sequel.

Thank Nintendo Power. They were constantly pushing it, asking Sega employees about it and mentioning how great it would be in articles.

There was one autist who worked for NP who was a massive Sega fanboy. That dude was how I discovered Gunstar Heroes, NiGHTS, other games as well.

Thank you Nintendo Power.

Sega is the worst when it comes to giving thier IPs love. So many great dormant series that deserve the light of day.

Attached: 1551158941455.png (1000x1146, 2M)

In hindsight, same. I can understand putting nights in spinoff titles like racing and such. But a fullblown sequel was definitely surprising.

I remember there was one website that was dedicated to nights into dreams. It was run by some woman who was absolutely in love with the series. I wonder to this day if she orgasmed upon hearing the release.

How good/bad is the sequel? I've heard many negative things about it.

Over-hated. There is a great deal of story that you gave to sift through, and the story is pretty cringe-worthy, but the game itself is enjoyable on its own. Has some of the most imaginative graphics and music from that era.

First post tragic but correct post

Its basically similar to the previous game but has a lot of filler stages in between that are sometimes hard as balls. Had some neat ideas trying to recreate chao guarden but fell flat once you saw how shit it was. If anything play it for that sweet ost.

Attached: 1545444686598.jpg (1024x576, 119K)

Oi lads.

Attached: Nights.jpg (1225x663, 268K)

Expect a few fun NiGHTS levels
A lot if lesss fun gimmick levels
A lot of bad british accents
And a lot of very good music

Attached: 1467760013835.png (1280x1514, 1021K)

>captainkirb

Attached: 1513058365828.gif (200x150, 1.61M)

IN A DREAM I COULD SEE
YOU ARE NOT FAR AWAY
ANYTIME ANYPLACE
I CAN SEE YOUR FACE
YOU'RE THAT SPECIAL ONE
THAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR
AND I HOPE YOU'RE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME

Attached: Those terrifying 3d models.gif (500x222, 2.59M)

Alright im gonna pick up a pre-owned copy when it's available. I really hope its not that bad, I dont think I can take the pain of a bunk sequel.

Attached: nights_relaxing_by_kichigai.png (526x626, 98K)

Can't really do much with the formula without straying too far away from what people liked, look at Journey into Dreams.
ASRT had the puffer fish changed to a nuisance Puyo in Japan

Attached: 1516948407199.gif (91x126, 1.01M)

Just be sure to lower your expectations, it looks and plays like an early console game if you get what I mean.

Enjoy it the best you can user

Attached: 1534714119041.jpg (945x1398, 191K)

This was Sega and Sonic Team at their creative zenith. Burning Rangers was okay too but they were never able to reach the level of the first NiGHTS ever again.

He's a hero to us all

Attached: DPQ1-2NUEAAa1-1.jpg (864x1200, 91K)

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S BETWEEN NIGHTS' LEGS

isn't rodea the failed spiritual successor to nights?

From the reviews I've seem on the Wii version, rodea would have gotten a high 70 - low 80 metacritic score if it wasnt for the publisher deciding to push a shitty port for the Wii U and 3ds.

you are a faggot

Schrodinger's genitals.

Western trash that failed to create something original.

Sucks because rodea was a pretty alright game and I wouldn't call it a successor but more of dev wanting to do something else.

Attached: 1523448870292.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

jesus those faces are a lot scarier than I last remembered