Comfy Switch Thread

How are you celebrating Switch second year?

Any games you're planning to get?

I'm playing Octo Expansion and it's very fun

Attached: Switch2nd-600x250.jpg (600x250, 18K)

sold mine because it was a useless piece of shit

Kys falseflagger

Attached: F50AC7FD-221E-4EB7-881D-1AE42871F2C7.gif (578x422, 474K)

I'm playing BoTW and then after that I'm going to play BoTW. Then I will play Smash and lose to someone and make a Yea Forums thread about how the character I lost to is braindead and unga bunga. And then I will play BoTW some more.

Ape Out's pretty fun.

He’s right though.

Attached: 9CE89D8D-FACB-4033-A339-2B7F13D3108F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

How am I celebrating? Watching triggered sonyfags sending shillbots to the boards making 50,000 hate threads.

Attached: 3deb3d27de90b8e64edaabd4dc405e001fb0fa36r1-850-1201v2_hq.jpg (724x1024, 73K)

This

Should I buy Freedom Planet or Sonic Mania?

I've been waiting for Breath of The Wild to get a price drop. Only played it for a few hours at my friends' and I liked what I played.

Attached: 26b.png (680x608, 125K)

My friend gave me $30 in eShop cards, so kind of debating what to get. Any bros got any recommendations?

I've been debating either getting Wargroove or Travis Strikes Back, but honestly I'm open to any recommendation. I also noticed World of FF was on sale for half off.

Again, any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Why Nintendofags are so obsessed with Sony?

Attached: 1401129998396.jpg (487x492, 51K)

Anybody want to add me on switch?

SW-2553-8042-5046

I don't think that's ever going to happen. To wit, they're still trying to sell Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for $60+

>waiting for Breath of The Wild to get a price drop.
Nintendo's the wrong company for that, they really deserve piracy

this

WoFF is a really good game, if you ask me.
Can you just list the games you own, so we can have a little insight in your gaming taste and recommend something based on it?
Oh yeah, get Ghost 1.0 if you like Metroidvania games.

>Octo Expansion
is that just singleplayer content?

The same reason Sonyfags come to these threads in the first place

Attached: 1499884274031.jpg (160x176, 9K)

Before you get Travis Strikes Again, I really want to ask how much of a Suda51 fan you are and how much jank Japanese games you can put up with. It has moments of fun on Bitter and there's some great call backs to Suda's works, but it is not for everyone.

So they are obsessed with Sony because of the inferiority complex? Ok

Attached: 1378676137326.jpg (217x235, 19K)

I got Smash, FighterZ, Crash, Kirby Star Allies, so some of the bigger titles on there, with a lot of indies like Immortal Redneck, Hollow Knight, Shantae, Shovel Knight, etc. Honestly I'd be open to any genre really. I do love platformers as you can tell, though.

I played the original two on the Wii when they first came out, and quite a lot. I'm use to jank, and usually love Suda games but this one I've been veeery on the fence about.

I need something new to play. I just beat KH3 on PS4, Undertale and Deltarune on Switch so I've had such a damn good string of games.

Any suggestions? Is Golf Story good?
I enjoy No More Heroes, but Travis Strikes back takes a little too much effort to enjoy. I love me some suda51 but this is kinda...boring.

Playing Coven of Refrain too but thats more like a game I play while watching youtube or something.

It's got a pretty good story, however, there are some quality of life hiccups that can impede the gameplay. Want me to tell you about how to circumvent them?

Yes. All people who love their own system that specifically enter a thread about a game system they hate are just console warring faggots.

Any games with heavy character customization besides DS and Skyrim? I'm big into that shit lately

kill yourself

Nah, it's cool mate, I usually prefer to learn through trial and error if I do get something.

I was actually debating two others besides Wargroove and TSA, and that was the new Monster Boy game that came out in December and Masters of Anima. I've been told both are pretty tight, and that MoA is a pretty good Pikmin-esque game but it'd be nice to hear for some more opinions on those ones.

>Reposting bait from an iPhone

Attached: 7FE55F6B-8C8B-4953-9143-7E7D9B2E2736.gif (400x225, 289K)

You’re gonna be waiting for a while
Nintendo games don’t go one sale unless they’re pushing DLC

TSA makes a very bad first impression considering this is a game made with about 15-20 people, I like it because it gave me the feeling of returning to the world of NMH (as well as Shadows of the Damned), the writing is excellent, and after a while the combat does get addicting, but some stages are just bad on your first playthrough. I'd say play it if you were able to enjoy Suda's earlier games like Silver Case or TSA, wait for it to go on sale if you have this much conflicted feelings otherwise or if you want to keep Suda employed so there can be NMH ports/part 3.

Fair enough. Just remember that buying the retail version of Travis Strikes Again comes packaged with a Season Pass that will let you play as Shinobu and Bad Girl. Also, you'll get access to an extra Death Ball level and a Visual Novel that details Badman's backstory.

Attached: Shinobu and Bad Girl DLC.jpg (2448x3264, 1.02M)

Not a repost, made the bait fresh while playing Switch was starting up.

I’ll add you when I get home
Here’s mine
SW 6588-4693-7585

I've heard these too, yeah. And like if I ended up buying it, I'd totes shell out the extra 10 for the season pass, too. So it's no biggie. But yeah, this is good input!

As mentioned, TSA is just one suggestion on my mind, if y'all got any unconventional ones you wanna toss too, I love seeing new things I'd never think to come across.

Playing BOTW right now to commemorate it, dont plan on buying any new games until May

Played the new Yoshi game and it's actually good. Haven't played one of those since the DS one.

is the botw dlc worth it for a replay?

Ape Out is fun. It's worth its price tag. Basically Hotline Miami, but with a gorilla, simpler story, and Jazz instead of SYNTHwave.

Attached: APE OUT Banner.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

By playing videogames, duh.
Thinking of getting Dead Cells and / or Puyo Puyo Tetris. I'm not out of games to play, but I've only been playing shmups with varying levels of interest while listening to music for like a week, so maybe I should get something new.
Using it on the stand with my pro controller has been nice though, hadn't tried that before.

Attached: 1497865451829.png (600x600, 127K)

for $60, should I get nsmbu or tropical freeze?

Never played either of them.

Do you like puzzles? I mean, real puzzles? Tardy's selling for like $5 on the eShop

Bing Bing Wahoo U can wait and truthfully 3D World is better, but Tropical Freeze is excellent.

Nothing to celebrate. They fucked up the pokemon game..

You can get Nefarious for under $10 now. A nice, breezy, wacky platform where you play as a video game villain with each boss fight featuring (You) as the boss in various souped up super forms

Tropical Freeze without question

Meant to reply to

Also asking this. Played through BoTW on WiiU and itching to replay, but also thinking of getting for Switch

terraria, rabi-ribi whenever those 2 come out are day 1 purchases. forager too, but that one's a never ever thing bc devs are milking fucking patreon people.

got thea the wakening recently but STILL playing disgaea 5 bc i like gaming the system

Attached: file.png (200x459, 87K)

Currently I'm rotating between FFIX and Fate/Extella. Once I play through DMC5 on PC, the rest of my year is basically going to be dedicated to tackling Switch games I haven't finished.

In my honest opinion you can't go wrong with either. NSMBU is probably the best game in that series, as is Tropical Freeze.

Tropical Dong is the best DK game.

Is the FF9 port alright? I loved the game on the playstation but I feel like the music bug would kill the experience.

I did my second playthrough with both DLCs and I enjoyed a lot. The ballad adds a decent amount of content to the story and fleshed out the personalities of the champions and zelda more than the base game did, which is nice. It just gives the game a lot more content and gives you more things to do, so I'd say yes

Attached: 1527394857921.gif (740x580, 621K)

I haven't run into that bug yet. But I'm only about 3 hours in. Otherwise its identical to the version on PS4 and PC.

Heard of this, seems might interesting. I'll defs check more into this!
I do, but honestly Tetris 99 is kinda filling that void right now and isn't stopping.
Now that's one I'm hella torn on because I absolutely love the guy who did the artwork for it, but when that game first came out I heard people heavily criticized it as being too short. Which is a shame because it does seem to have a good premise.

Also, I asked this in another thread. But am I wierd for prefering this console even though I basically use it in TV mode any time I'm at home with it?

>I heard people heavily criticized it as being too short.

Well, now it's very cheap. So it might fit?

You can get Paladins, Fortnite, and Warframe for free on the Nintendo eShop and you can also play them online for free as well. No additional cost!

Attached: Cross Play Couch.jpg (4032x3024, 1.17M)

I do dabble in some of those games every now and then, so it's a nice suggestion!

Kinda thinking I shouldn't rush in to buying stuffs, I can possibly see a pretty generous Spring sale come along relatively soon.

How is Warframe on Switch? I could see myself playing that. But I could also play it on PC.

>any games you’re planning to get?

well it depends, are Super Mario Odessey and Octopath Traveler on sale, and at a reasonable price might i add?

Attached: 4730727C-1EC6-454A-83B1-B7C31B7963F7.jpg (208x204, 15K)

New sales on the eShop every week! But at the same time, not all sales last forever. Check near the bottom of a sale item's description for expiration details.

Also I just want to say that I love that on average I only have to charge the Pro Controller maybe once every 2 weeks.

Fate EXTELLA Link for my boy Darius

Attached: 000166180_01-darius.jpg (700x700, 139K)

More accuracy on PC, but you can't play PC Warframe on your couch or your kitchen while you wait for your awful stove to heat up your food properly so you won't get salmonella again.

Happy birthday Switch. I played some Salmon Run on Splatoon 2 earlier. Was pretty fun.

What are some good Switch games that actually use the motion controls/Joy Con cursors? I've got NeonWall which is pretty fun, but I need MORE!

Still playing Tales of Vesperia and enjoying that. I have these games preordered:
>FF7
>Dragon's Dogma
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Dragon Quest XI
>Astral Chain

Getting these, too, but haven't preordered them yet:
>Link's Awakening
>Daemon X Machina
>Pokemon
>Animal Crossing

Hollow Knight

I recently bought mine and so far the eshop has not impressed me. I have the 2 southpark games and stardew valley. I'll also be buying botw, skyrim(again), terraria and links awakening. but overall there seems to be an overwhelming amount of garbage on the eshop. it's worse than steam right now

>Is Golf Story good?

Yeah. It's a pleasant RPG. But are you any good at playing video game golf? Because that is something you'll need to do to move forward in the game.

Tropical freeze is x100 better.

MHGU but you gotta grind for more outfits

NSMBU. Tropical Freeze is a soulless attempt at recreating the original DKC games.

TSA is pretty good. Especially if you play with a buddy. Just look at this high-quality gaming press about it!

Attached: 4 - WldVJue.jpg (4096x2536, 1.67M)

No that’s literally the appeal
It’s both a home and portable console

>NSMBU
>not soulless

Attached: 500px-NSMBU_Unused_BG_Nohara.png (500x281, 218K)

DOOM has motion controls.

Thank you.

Joycon paizuri

Lets bump this up. Is anyone going to get Caligula Overdose when it comes to Switch?

I love how replayable Shovel Knight is with it's multiple modes and cheat codes. I think it arguably has the best value out of any 2d platformer ever.

You’re in for something much more exciting with Dong Freeze.

Are there actually any online games worth it? Or should I wait until maker to unmod my cfw?

Maybe

What's the gameplay like?

Well Splatoon 2 is pretty excellent but I’m not sure if that’s enough.

Paladins and Warframe, baby

Playing some Let's Go Pikachu.

Can anyone help me open my drink up? I usually ask my wive's boyfriend but they are busy in the bedroom.

Attached: DL9hQghUEAAjvO1.jpg (900x1200, 104K)

Not a fan of either unfortunately.

Attached: Battle wizard.jpg (1526x2616, 782K)

I'm playing a bunch of demos but I really should go finish FFIX before FFVII comes out later this month.

>bought Civ 6 yesterday
>it's been over a decade since I played Civ last
>Didn't figure out how to create farms until turn 200

whoops.

Currently trying to get the motivation to finish up Sonic Mania and Mario+Rabbids, which are both fun. Really in the mood for a platformer so I've been playing Mario 3 through the virtual console

Rayman Legends is 50% off right now

Did they ever fix the fucked load times for it? Also does it run at proper resolutions?

Invisible just like in real life

Attached: 1524854008657.gif (498x368, 524K)

I'm celebrating by just getting one last Friday.
I bought the Mario Rabbids game and Stardew Valley. Just something to hold me over until RF4 comes out.

When my SD card comes in the mail I'll check out more of the f2p options on the eshop and download a bunch. Anything in particular you guys would recommend?

I saw! But I actually already own it on vita and ps4. I'm thinking about getting NSMBUD or Dong Freeze (which I've played half of before on a friends copy), or waiting for Mario maker 2.

Ill add you

I’ll add you too

I see that World of Final Fantasy is on sale. Is it any good, or is it just a shitty cash-grab?

Of all the F2P stuff on the Switch, I found Paladins to be the most bearable. Warframe is pretty neat too, I just don't have the time to dig into either game.

I’ll post my I’d if anyone wants to add me for multiplayer games I have are Splatoon 2, smash, and dragon marked for death looking for more multi to get as much as I can from online

0775 5962 9004

>still no theme support for switch.

come on nintendo.

Attached: 0c233302eb2b0673dcc846a1d4afe887.png (720x720, 227K)

>Dark theme and light theme aren't enough
Yeah man if you want an anime girl to be your background go ahead

you do that everyday, eric

>dedicate an entire section to themes with 2 options
>add literally nothing since launch

Into The Breach has been my goto and it's 15 dollrs I think

Not really playing anything at the moment, though I still have plenty more to do in BotW and TWEWY. Then I'll beat Dark Souls...eventually.
Otherwise waiting for Pokemon, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, and whatever else might strike my fancy.

Isn't Splatoon 2 like the only game with free online, too?

Custom icons, animated backgrounds, chill custom music from the game.

lot's of cool themes have been out for different handhelds.

and basically what said.

So when is Switch gonna get its own Mario Kart and not just an enhanced port?

Any comfy games to play in bed? No platformers.

How is Legends on vita? I can't really decide if I want it on switch (multiplayer potentially, can use it on a TV if I wish, bigger handheld screen) or vita (fits in my pocket, god tier dpad, apparently might work better for Murphy stuff).

It's not free

Get tumbleseed if it's still on sale, it's a fantastic roguelike which is undervalued. Got mine for free using gold points.

End of life with a bunch of other shit is my guess. Doesn't really need it right now but I could see it happen when they're trying to pretend the switch isn't dead.

>roguelike

Haven't been playing my Switch lately since my backlog on 3DS has built up too much and I'm trying to get it down before Yoshi and Mario Maker release. Just recently started Tropical Freeze though and it's been a lot of fun, can't get enough of Tetris 99 and Dr. Mario too.

Enjoy Octo Expansion user, it's possibly the best DLC expansion ever released IMO. I had such a good time with it.

Attached: hmm.png (415x411, 388K)

Donkey Kong was just on sale on the eShop for almost half price. I picked it up for £30 the other week.

The lowest you can possibly get BotW is for £40, depending on the sale. Keep an eye out for it. You can probably get it for even lower on the Japanese eShop, granted you're actually able to buy games from there.

The DLC bonuses ruin the main game, makes it way too easy/exploitative. It's somewhat serviceable as post game content, but it still isn't very good.

>celebrating birthday of glorified Happy Meal toys
PUT THIS WORLD OUT OF ITS MISERY

Attached: 1520196672464.webm (426x240, 1.25M)

Idk if there is touch functionality on switch version, but yes the Murphy stuff feels great on vita, its awkward on ps4 where you just press a button. The load times I know are lengthy compared to other versions but honestly it's not terrible I don't feel

Why doesn't the Switch dock come with an ethernet socket? Which adapter should I buy for it?

Well, I just bought pic related. What am I in for? Also, what should I spend the $35 on? I already bought smash, and I've played odyssey and zelda.

Attached: switch.jpg (1637x987, 147K)

Buy it used user, just got a copy for 35 dollars

So I saw Starlink digital edition on the eshop on sale for $30. Is it worth it?

They have all the Murfy stages be touch controlled in handheld mode only as separate missions

Hollow Knight, Golf Story, Into the Breach, or maybe that Mario + Rabbids game if it's still on sale.

I'm a little disappointed that there's basically fuck nothing big for the first half of the year. Again.

No, Yoshi doesn't count. Nobody likes Yoshi. Haha.

>Any games you're planning to get?
Okami or Valkyria Chronicles, I guess
I've felt tempted to this at lest two times in the last month.

I was thinking about Hollow Knight, it looks really good and I love Metroid.
Mario Maker is out in June, which is technically the first half

Attached: 1535594646354.jpg (500x500, 46K)

I'll give you that, still not personally interested.

Use eBay instead of getting fleeced like a retard by paying full retail.

NSMBUD can be found on eBay for $40-45 with a bit of patience, likewise for Freeze Dong.
Given that they don't come with manuals and are a year/month old cars, there is literally no reason to ever buy new unless you're an impatient fuck.

>atelier not big
>not just one but two games
Get the fuck out of here, user.

Not him but at least for Dong Freeze I would want Nintendo to get the money so I can get more Dong in the future

I just beat Phantasy Star 1. The Sega Ages version that came out recently.
Really enjoyed it despite a few quirks that annoyed me a little bit (repeating music, having to go to inventory to use vehicles, lack of late game healing food, no town teleport just a pseudo teleport you can set up yourself, some spells are useless or quickly redundant) but its a nice, couple of afternoon length dungeon crawler you can enjoy with a coffee and it never outstays its welcome.
Its a brilliantly done remaster. But I expect no less from M2 who are brilliant at this.

If you live near a Fred Meyers this starts tomorrow

Attached: axsn614merj21.jpg (3024x4032, 1.18M)

It could have also done with some maps in the reference menu. Sometimes its hard to remember names of towns because it doesn't pop up in later RPGs like in Pokemon for you to remember.
Then again, these RPGs expected you to have graph paper and a pad to make notes on since they took heavy inspiration from DnD design.

Octo Expansion?

I have not played any of the Fate games outside of F/SN, should I try Extella Link?

Attached: 1502379087684.jpg (334x218, 22K)

I just bought Mario+Rabbids, and finished the first world not too long ago. It's good fun so far, but I wish the Switch had more co-op centric games. Only big ones that come to mind are Splatoon and MHGU, but I feel like it'd be just solo queue'ing for the most part and not really finding a solid static group.

Any good rhythm games on Switch? I wish they'd port the Miku games...

Attached: Miku_pecks_Rin_HD.webm (1200x720, 2.8M)

I would love a portable Project Diva.

That's how is going to be until ninty gets actual third party support. Nintendo drops their good shit in summer and fall. The new NMH was a complete miss.

Literally most generic ones work

>want to buy a game on switch since it would be more comfortable to read
>It's cheaper on steam
Welp.

Attached: 1544724820947.jpg (660x680, 55K)

Theres like a 200% minimum markup on all switch games

>Want a game
>Digital is 30-40
>Call GameStop
>It’s 22$ including tax
Why are the Switch game prices all over the damn place?

This. Fucking BOTW is still $69.99 in the eshop even though the game is 2 years old. Smash and Splatoon also cost $69.99 on fucking eshop.

Taiko has a few Vocaloid songs (3 + 5 DLC), it has a demo if you wanna try out the gameplay, only has a couple songs as you may expect though.
I've also heard good things at least once about Lanota and Thumper if you want to look into them.

Like I want to like the Switch more and spend more time with it, but everything is cheaper somewhere else.

where?