For real, what the fucking hell went wrong?

For real, what the fucking hell went wrong?
It's like they made a bad OS on purpose

Attached: file.png (960x499, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/
youtube.com/watch?v=UFt1qd0ZXIw
rutracker.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1992
forum.torrminatorr.com/viewforum.php?f=19
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/03/01/windows-10-versus-linux-6-steam-games-benchmarked-on-intels-hades-canyon-nuc/#56f54e7978ce
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-add-store-to-windows-10-enterprises-sku-ltsb-ltsc.70741/page-30#post-1468779
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they need your metadata

yes, they did, it's more profitable that way

the next step will be make it a closed OS that needs every applications to be approved

reminder that windows 7 reach end of support next January

Windows 11 could end x86 in favor of UWP only btw

hello pedo

The only good version of Windows 10 is the one MS doesn't want you to know about

LTSC

They made it for Windows surface, remember Windows Surface? Of course you don't. It fucking flopped. No one wants a surface tablet to carry around because the point of windows is productivity software and Apple and android already have that in devices that are a fraction of the cost.

So after they made their retarded touch-screen operating system, they forced everyone else to use it because you're not going to say no, are you? Fucking wincuck. All you faggots who like video games would play them on a literal turd if that's what MS released.
So they gave you a cut-down version of a failed tablet OS complete with embedded advertisements and telemetry meant for a tablet and the only thing you can say is "Thank you daddy Microsoft, can I have more please?" or "Fuck you, I will stick with these dying operating systems until I 'm forced to upgrade". There is no other path so that's where we are right now.

Windows 11 probably isn't coming. If it is it will just be DLC to Windows 10. Windows 10 is probably going to start forcing updates even if you check 'metered connection' at some point because too many people have turned them off, and then they will likely make it impossible to modify it so you're forced to use Metro for everything

Attached: 1463937419184.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

This is what happens when you try to make "unified" OS for every device and peripheral and input method. It's not even bad per-se I like Windows 10 on my surface tablet, as if it was designed for that.

They just completely forget that most people use windows on their DesktopPC/Laptop

It's either this or the EU will strike MS down a second time and we're all getting the EU flavor of Windows in the future just to escape this measure.

I'm fine with a literal turd if that runs the video games I want to play.

I'll just do what I do now when I play vidya on win10, reboot back to linux when I'm done playing.

Rebooting to another OS takes like 7 seconds on my NVMe SSD anyway.

Windows Server 2016 isn't that bad. You have to select DirectX, sound drivers, and "Desktop experience" in the setup and after that it's just like regular Windows except without forced restarts, telemetry, and all the other useless bullshit.

works on my machine

Attached: dsk copy.jpg (5757x2153, 2.11M)

..not that I actually use win10 for vidya often, I play nearly everything with wine+dxvk, rebooting is like a last resort for a few rare games

I use Windows 10 and I love it, not sure why everyone complains.

I think the future is for all of us to learn how to use Xen garden and just run Windows 10 VMs on our linux machines. The only thing preventing it right now is the lack of virtualization compatibility. Hardware still isn't transparent enough yet for that to work full-time.

That said, I never see normies swapping. They'll sink with that ship and like it the whole way down.

And freetards wonder why no one takes them seriously.

>We don't share your data!
>Literally everything is by default checked to share, including location, camera, contacts, usage, etc.
I know we live in an age where you can't hide anything anymore, but at least be transparent about it.

>2019
>not setting up your new computer without internet connectivity until you've adjusted privacy settings properly

Huh? First thing you log into a new account you go through those settings and can choose to turn them off.

The weird thing is that it's a good OS, but then they crammed a bunch of deliberately bad things in it to make it bad
There are a lot of things on win10 that I can't go without now but it has so many problems that would be solved by simply letting us turn them off
After using it for a few years I've managed to get it to a point where it's really usable, but only after a billion registry hacks to turn off all the bullshit

I have a surface, all the problems it has on desktops are still present
If anything, the surface suffers MORE for windows 10's bullshit, especially because you can't stop winsyshost.exe or whatever from suddenly needing to run the CPU at 100% and eating your battery in half an hour
The onscreen keyboard is especially insulting, it works but the swype typing function is locked to windows programs and that harms the usability of the machine a ton

Hey, I use windows too
But you're delusional if you think we're not wincucks. Here is a turd. Go and play with it. Mash around with that turd. It's a microsoft turd, and all of your games require it.

You're lying to yourself if you try to call it anything other than a 'turd'. All of windows 10 positives is entirely through the fact that you can play games with it. Nothing to do with Windows 10 as an operating system.

The layout sucks
Metro sucks
Cortana sucks
The microsoft store sucks
The task bar sucks
The interface sucks
It's update path sucks
The way it interacts with the user sucks
Edge sucks
Every. Single. Thing. that was advertised as being an upgrade is fucking godawful and worse than Windows 7. If they released a sequel to Windows 7 without any of these features; people would praise it as being a genuine step-up from Windows 10.

You spend more time trying to kill parts of your operating system in order to enjoy it than you do enjoying those parts of your operating system. You know what that is? It's a turd. A turd you're forced to use in order to enjoy your games.

Thus is the life of being a fellowwincuck.

>reminder that windows 7
AHHHHHHH WHAT DO I DO

what game is that?

it's literally an operating system for a tablet. it's bloated as fuck because it's serving both as a PC and a tablet OS. I don't think the people working on windows even know how to make an OS. They'll just keep adding shit, making each release worse and worse.

There's more privacy settings that they don't show you that are buried deep in menus.

and yet it's still better than lincucks :P

At least it isn't Windows ME, right?

The first thing you do is you go and uninstall a quarter of the operating system. Edge, Cortana, Metro, Store, Updates set to 'metered', all that shit goes.
Only then can you start to turn off those privacy settings because if you skip any of the previous mentioned steps, those privacy settings are turning back on again. Every minor update? Privacy settings reset. Any time Cortana does a filesystem scan? Settings reset. Every time you install something from the store? Settings reset.

I guarantee that if you go look right now, half of the settings you thought you turned off are instead turned back on again if you did not do those previous steps. It's more than "just turn it off bro" it's "Just turn it off and then cripple it so it can never turn on again".

You're just listing random shit most people rightfully don't give a shit about.

OP has shit taste.

Windows 10 is pure kino.

Attached: badphoto.jpg (1037x697, 161K)

Only for games. If Wine wasn't a disaster on its own, I would have made the jump at 8.

>tfw you were already forced to move to win10 because you realized the new hardware you bought had no drivers for win7
and this trend will just worsen if Microsoft is officially not supporting it

I do use Linux as my primary OS at this point though (dual booting).

>most people don't give a shit about the operating systems layout, its user interface, or how you interact with it or even change settings.
The blind userbase of Windows 10, maybe.
Anyone else who isn't interacting with it through braille is fucking pissed. It's an operating system made to spite your eyes.

Wine is hardly a disaster nowadays, dxvk is a miracle of the universe.

The biggest showstopper usually is DRM like denuvo (but cracking the game lets it work in Wine).

It's also funny how it runs a lot of old games better than win10 which is the one that need fanpatches and workarounds to get them to work.

Forza Horizon 4

Attached: Forza Horizon 4 2_28_2019 1_15_04 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.69M)

>you realized the new hardware you bought had no drivers for win7
>tfw got it to run anyway

Attached: 1380895112079.jpg (331x336, 69K)

Forza Horizon 4.

I mean I got Windows 10 for free so I don't have any expectation for privacy and thats fine. Gotta give us something to get something.

>tfw you still have Windows 7

>he has the taskbar at the left side of the screen

Attached: disgust.jpg (500x320, 24K)

>not using Win10 LTSC to start with

>tfw more and more games will stop even having win7 versions given why support a OS that's not even supported by its maker anymore

>updating windows

Attached: 1408553567072.jpg (514x459, 16K)

End of support tend to become a widespread thing that's not limited to microsoft.

like no new drivers for new hardware, new games won't run on win7 anymore, etc...

some serious security issues could also surface and they'll never be fixed

>winter break
>brother comes back from uni
>still has 7 on his old-ass hp elitebook
Only now did I realize how dated Aero looks. It was cool in 2010 but it looks horrible now. Classic theme a best

What's wrong with it? they got rid of the whole tablet layout from Windows 8 which most complained about. So what's genuinely bad about Windows 10?

>All these plebs that don't know about LTSC which is Win10 without all the bullshit.

Attached: 1540774692307.jpg (1363x1379, 144K)

Just use LTSC.

It still contains nu-MS code

it's still a shitty OS to use though

the bullshit is just the cherry on top

they stopped hiding the fact they hold their user base in the highest contempt. this has always been the case, but before pajeet became CEO they tried to hide it, but now they just don't give a fuck and will shit in the streets on a customers shoes openly because they have nothing to lose.

that's fine
I have a "normal" laptop I use for work

Plebeian taste detected

Although indian tech scammers call you in the name of microsoft to warn you of your windows being infected with viruses, its not far from the truth. Indian codemonkey retards designed Win10.

lincucks still seething after MS btfo emacs lmao

Attached: vscd.png (3840x2160, 801K)

>it's still a shitty OS to use though
LTSC is the same shit as Win7 though

Linux is superior in every way.

I only use Windows when i have to play videogames because of compatibility.

>tfw used to unironically use emacs in the 90s
not that I do anymore, I just use vim for everything (even when I use windows, not that I do often)

This "OS" is more of a PR product, an application to play games on PC
Thank God my Steam Library is almost empty and switched to Ubuntu since 2013. Steam + Proton = Fuck Windows

Been using it since 2015, works fine for me.

Is this game still an unrealistic one with jumping and shit like that or more like TDU?

Is the LTSC meme legit? I'm looking to reformat my computer and I'm going install Win10, I already /g/'d my small work laptop not to have any bullshit, will this run my games fine?

Ubanto is literally debian for retards.

Plays more or less like the last two do, didn't play the first.

Vim is okay for quick config edits but when I write code it's always in a real IDE.

I write code in vim myself, got bunch of macros and other shit I setup for the years.

It's been gradually down hill ever since they started trying to make the OS look more like the internet. It started back IE4 being installed over Windows 95 and NT4. It has only gotten gradually more bloated since with every generation, never really throwing away the old bloat. Bad new version of windows has been the main reason people had to buy faster computers.

buy ryzen and run a VM

>Windows
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Windows, is in fact, NSA/Windows, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, NSA plus Windows. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another expenseive component of a fully functioning Spy system made useful by the NSA core-spyware, reverse shell utilities and vital keylogging components comprising a full botnet as defined by Gen. J. Clapper.
Many computer users run a modified version of the botnet system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of spyware which is widely used today is often called “Windows”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NSA system, developed by the NSA. There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Windows is the cover: the program in the system that hides the spying resources from the other programs that you run. The cover is an essential part of a botnet, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete botnet. Windows is normally used in combination with the NSA spyware: the whole system is basically botnet with Windows added, or NSA/Windows. All the so-called “Windows” versions are really versions of NSA/Windows

But can you paly on it Windows 10 exclusives?

Why would you ever not just use notepad ++?

Is linux good yet?

It works for me, besides I still have my old PC that still has windows 7 anyway.

Yes

If you take the time to set it up the exact way you want it, yes. After years of use, and constantly changing things around as you like, it becomes hard to let go and makes windows look like crap to use.

if you just want it to be everything you want at boot time, then no

HOW DO I GET THIS "LTSC"?

Who still /Windows7/ in here? Feelsgoodman

They literally made it for all the brainlets who bitched about the windows button being gone.
What did you expect?

>reminder that windows 7 reach end of support next January
So?
Has someone actually kept their Windows updates enabled in the past 5 years ?

I fooled around with Mint for a short while when I was doing a total reboot on my main system a couple weeks ago. Wanted to see how that Proton thing worked on Steam.
I was pretty impressed by the results. Games like Nier: Automata, Talos Principle and KF2 booted without any issues or tweaking, and ran practically as well as on Windows.
Can't wait for those sweet hackers to finish their VK12 magic.

I hear you bro.
All my systems run W7, even the ones that shipped with the 10. No one in my family or friend circles even want to touch Wontworks 10 anymore.

7lets will never know this feel

Attached: bch.jpg (3840x2160, 2.51M)

>have to downgrade to this piece of shit OS to upgrade my cpu
What's the best CPU in the $150-250 range that wont force me t downgrade to Windows 10?

>he does not know
Look up "DXVK12" or "VK12", and weep.

Also,
>car game
Fucking yawn.

Problem with end of support is that everyone will slowly stop support it along with it.

Can you still use Windows XP for modern gaming? No. Windows 7 will eventually become the same. And that's despite Windows XP was a massive thing with a crazy userbase compared to other versions.

Lot of devs are just happy to have one less OS to bother testing for and if someone complains you can just answer that it's an unsupported OS and it's time to update.

in b4 modern games suck anyway

i7 2600K

>tfw still have that on old PC
still did everything I needed perfectly and needed no replacement

but everything else was so outdated I couldn't even upgrade the video card so I ended up replacing everything anyway

Don't forget
>PC wakes up by itself because it has to run """"Maintenance"""""
>Have to turn off a gorillion of processes from your task manager to make it stop
>Each time it updates it resets those so you have to do it again
>And of course, the updates are forced
Fuck Microsoft, fuck Windows and most importantly, fuck proprietary software.

>mfw I've been using this same CPU since 2011

Attached: 1450238587135.png (200x200, 13K)

>Problem with end of support is that everyone will slowly stop support it along with it.
That's the typical BS marketing narrative they want you to bite.

Since W7 is a fully 64-bit OS, and most programs are only now starting to become 64-bit only, with no bigger generation jumps in sight, there's very little reason why 7 should not be capable of running majority of all apps for another half a decade or more. Even more so since DX11 is still the king, many games still fucking support DX9 (!), and now Vulkan is beating the shit out of everything.

Remember all those "DX12 exclusives" that were supposed to make W10 a must-buy? Funny thing how they were flawlessly "ported" to work on prior systems only a few months later, after they nearly flopped.

Don't get me wrong: I will be upgrading in a few years. To a Linux distro of my choice.

I literally just got i7 2600K a mere couple months ago. I upgraded my old and trusty i5 2500. Never had any problems with it, but since the old i7s are kinda cheap, perfectly serviceable, and that HT + OC capability help with emulation ... why not?

>install Windows 10 Enterprise because it's free
>Older programs just refuse to even boot
I thought backwards compatibility was supposed to be window's main selling point.

How? God W10 is so shit but this laptop is good and I don't want to buy a worse one just to go back to an OS that doesn't try to upset me at every turn.

It's not anymore.
Now the MS' main marketing strategy is to get everyone to adapt into their new eco-system of MS Store apps and forced updates. They HATE that people are still using their old products, and cannot force them to stop.
I'm still using Office 2007 almost daily, because fuck paying hundreds of bucks for barely different modern shit, and fuck monthly fee cloud trash.

They'll never be able to make hardware that fully rejects windows 7. It's impossible so long as they use x64 architecture. As long as that is the case, people will be able to just patch their shit in manually.

Manual driver hunting, bro.
Some W8 drivers still do the trick.

Failing that, just jump to team-Penguin.

>Remember all those "DX12 exclusives" that were supposed to make W10 a must-buy?

It's funny because every game that supports DX12 runs like ass compared to using DX11 mode.

lots of cores/HT starting to make a lot more sense for gaming nowadays.

I see many more games using them (rather than just 1-4 threads a few years ago), sometimes use all 12 of my threads (6 cores+HT), albeit not at 100% usage unless it's no man's sky generating its terrain. I'm always monitoring per-thread cpu usage on my other monitor so I kinda notice it.

problem is that hardware makers won't always bother making drivers that actually works on win7

it's something that already started and very few people actually bother making drivers for windows other than the hardware makers themselves (you'll have more luck finding those people on linux)

This. Unless Micrococks create a brand new OS from scratch and ditch all the work they've done in the past two decades and more, they cannot shake W7's ghost away.

True, but even with the old and rusty i5 2500, I never had a single problem with modern games, including tons of poorly optimized AAA crap. I guess the obsolete-on-arrival console HW is still keeping the system requirements down quite a bit.

>lots of cores/HT starting to make a lot more sense for gaming nowadays.
Not it doesn't. Single core performance is still more important for gaming.

lol cope

Attached: wnt2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.39M)

any new cpu is fine. you just need to inject usb3.0 drivers on the windows 7 install.wim and boot.wim so you can plug in peripherals.

>Each time it updates it resets those so you have to do it again
Write a batch script with lines like taskkill /f /im whateveryouwanttokill.exe and put it in your autorun directory.

They don't have to care. It's not like people will switch to Linux

Please, that doesn't mean more of them isn't useful.

Devs are starting to go out of their way to make use of them given single core performance is peaking out.

>Nier: Automata, Talos Principle and KF2 booted without any issues or tweaking, and ran practically as well as on Windows.
>Can't wait for those sweet hackers to finish their VK12 magic.
Hopefully its good to go when my Win7 PC finally dies

>more of them isn't useful.
It isn't if they can't even push past 70% load with HT.

Is a 60Hz monitor any good?
My CSGO faggot friend tells me you need at least 75Hz to be able to play

That won't happen since a massive amount of Windows install base comes from large companies that depend on all kinds of obscure proprietary (and often depreciated) software

maybe someday they'll be able to use all this cpu power to decompress audio so games don't need to be 120GB

I remember Just Cause 2 dropping WinXP being a big deal at the time

That's not a problem

You'll have the Windows Home version that will be extremely limited and have like 90% non-business userbase because it's the one that everyone gets with their pre-built (essentially forcing software devs to support it)

and then you'll have Windows version for business that's open to run anything and only pirates will have aside from that

>Hopefully its good to go when my Win7 PC finally dies
I heard it was almost finished late last year, so I bet it's a merely matter of time now. Maybe this summer ?

>Is a 60Hz monitor any good?
I've never used anything faster, besides the ancient CRTs from my childhood.
No, you do not NEED anything better, but especially in fast-paced, competitive games, seeing more frames per second CAN give you a small edge.
Yes, a human eye can see WAY more than just 60fps.

He's talking about refresh rate, not framerate, user. Those are different things.

Ok anons, please be honest with me
Can I use Linux without really knowing jackshit about programming and stuff? I'm more and more afraid that I will have to switch to it pretty soon and if so I want to learn everything I need beforehand. I'm afraid that the most advanced coding-related thing I've ever done are probably fucking scripts for Morrowind mods

Attached: 1544976739849.jpg (537x534, 75K)

>He's talking about refresh rate, not framerate, user.
Are you alright in the head, son?

Attached: what.png (268x437, 73K)

Sorry, Benny, 144hz 60fps will look much better than 60hz 60 fps.

Attached: big_refresh_rate.jpg.ashx.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

>Can I use Linux without really knowing jackshit about programming and stuff?
You can use Ubuntu without knowing jackshit about programming and stuff

You can, lot of distributions are heavily GUI-focused and will feel like it's kinda still windows.

But I personally think that sucks and I'm a lot happier on my fucking gentoo system where I patch anything I don't like rather than just deal with it. I also prefer to do everything with a console and don't even use a file manager.

For playing windows games, there's a few things that will setup most things for you too (the easiest would be steam+proton). Although knowing this stuff more in-depth would allow you to run more games or have them work better.

There are plenty of distros for normalfags that never require you to touch the command console if you don’t want to. Ubuntu is the main one.

its already happening. some of the new games are windows 10/xbone only. also directx 12

guess i have to "upgrade" to win 10 this year

>programming
no
>stuff
yes
problems do come up, and they usually mean opening a terminal and googling for errors
learning how to effectively troubleshoot is the biggest obstacle, i'd say. Ubuntu particularly has weird behavior, depending on your hardware.

>144hz 60fps will look much better than 60hz 60 fps.
Ah, a fine, oldschool b8! Been a while since I've seen such.

Attached: =^].gif (500x500, 685K)

>It's like they made a bad OS on purpose
at this point they could literally just do what they did with windows 7 and rerelease 10 and call it windows 11 and no one would complain

Attached: 1447318770058.png (515x518, 298K)

>refresh rate doesn't matter, screen tearing never happens, vsync wil fix this!
Neck yourself, techlet.

vsync was a mistake

Thank you. I will probably stick to my W7 laptop until it dies and then switch. Any good books or courses or things like that you guys could recommend that would make me at least superficially understand how all this Linux magic works and how to make the best use of it?

it's not bad in general. performance is better than windows 7 in my case

it wont happen. the Pajeet CEO is friendly of Bill's philosophy of keep old shit running in case of emergency

I see a new WIndows coming out in a few years, x64 only with full fledge compatibility with x86 and even a working appcompat for old stuff, even 16bit, No more Mobile or Tabled based, since quit on that and W10 was made with that in mind. And maybe DX12.5 with internal vulkan Support and SRC enabled for dabbling.

no matter how /g/ memes about linux, Linux is jinxed already ever since they let SJW monkeys who cant code take care of the community, even those fags hates Linus.

really just booting it up on a usb stick to tinker with is the best medicine
don't be fooled, most home users customize shit a lot.

if you want to go ballsdeep into it, lookup the linuxfromscratch book

you'll be compiling everything yourself manually, so you should come out of this knowing a bit more

There is essentially 3 problems with monitors:
1. Limited input range, where higher means more input range
2. Because LCDs are not flashes, sample-and-hold means that you get blur relative to the framerate
3. And because input range is limited, you need to be able to produce more frames to see less drops(i.e vsync horror)

Blurbusters has A LOT of talk about motion clarity, like
>blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/
Where having things like strobing gives better picture quality in motion, improving perception of the motion.

Its just the curse of the LCD m8
What else did you expect?
Sample and hold for LCDs have produced many horrors compared to something as simple as triple strobing for dinosaur analog video.

Attached: Blurbusters_ULMB_lightboost.png (1160x1504, 389K)

install gentoo

Attached: wnt3.jpg (3840x2160, 2.94M)

how does linux help with "modern" gaming? good luck running Forza 4 or something like that on ubuntu

>upgraded to the non anal probe edition a few months ago
>its basically a faster snappier windows 7
>no pre-installed apps or app store
>no bloatware

Pretty good so far.

Attached: 1543869611041.jpg (306x311, 76K)

Yes, it feels like an actual upgrade from Win7. I mean there's still some shit you've got to turn off and change after install, but it's far less bullshit than normal Win10. If you're installing Win10, there's 0 reason not to use LTSC.

>they think windows 7 will automatically stop working when support ends
i still use XP

60fps on 144hz monitor looks like fucking trash after a while.
It's like being forced to play 30fps console trash after you've tasted the 60fps goodness.

>upgraded to the non anal probe edition a few months ago
Which one is that, the LTSC everyone talks about?

Is Steam OS viable to try for a main OS or should I go with baby's first distro Mint?

Attached: JLKIJFq.jpg (640x720, 152K)

Show us your desktop 2000's man

Why do i feel that every time I post on Yea Forums some retard comes along spouting their pipedreams?
You fuckboys need to grow up and stop letting corporations let you down.

almost every modern games run fine with DXVK (you can even run dx12 stuff). At most you may need to crack them because denuvo isn't happy being on linux.

Some UWP games do run on linux too but they need to be cracked.

>Steam OS viable to try for a main OS
it's debian with a bunch of extra closed source software that's also basically abandoned

Steam OS got a lot better just recently, but it's still a very "gaming only" sort of distro.

Mint is a safe bet, but the Manjaro is gaining popularity very quickly, and seems to do some things better.
In the end, it's all practically the same.

>the next step will be make it a closed OS that needs every applications to be approved
next step is a simplified, de bloated windows that can only use app store apps, but probably also custom unsigned apps.

really nothing wrong with that. the system is full of old crap that needs to be removed.

Attached: https _blogs-images.forbes.com_gordonkelly_files_2017_05_1-1200x478.png (1280x868, 645K)

i rather see that than be a college communist believing on Peter pan

that aside, I often have trouble when I want to run obscure japanese games (need workarounds, or sometime I just give up and boot windows)

if I want to play the latest big AAA normie game, it's typically fine though

Forza was a big reason why I upgraded, and honestly it's terribly disappointing. Having all cars in races scale to you, and getting tons of money for nothing kills any sense of progression. Horizon is really only good when you're driving around aimlessly breaking signs.

Attached: Desktop_2018_10_16_08_57_58_176.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

>tfw you even manage to keep up 144fps on most games with DXVK
it's still a performance hit though, good luck if you also want more than 1080p

well ltsb
youtube.com/watch?v=UFt1qd0ZXIw

got help from the /g/ archives but cant find the exact link.

Wine+DXVK running most stuff is nice and all, but where do you pirate your actual linux version of games Yea Forums?

I only know of two sources and was hoping for more.
rutracker.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1992 (based russians)
forum.torrminatorr.com/viewforum.php?f=19 (I don't use this much, also need to register)

ptg rep

Just get Linux bro.

Attached: elementary.png (1280x1024, 1.53M)

Windows has always been garbage. Also it's literally cheaper to buy a Mac + PS4 for work + gaming than it is to buy a gaming pc these days.

>mac + ps4 + games being cheaper than a gaming PC
in what world
also
>mac

Attached: 1548682982417.png (1258x708, 826K)

>Mac
Literally going from fire into the frying pan

Attached: 1532194124860.gif (250x250, 1.16M)

A good gaming pc these days will cost you $1500 at bare minimum, while a Macbook air + PS4 is also $1500. Or if you don't care about portability, an iMac + PS4 is $1400.

Wine/Proton/whatever has a long way to go for this to be even slightly viable. I can't wait for the day that gaming on Linux becomes viable, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking it's even close to being there yet.

What the actual fuck does that mean you autist

I'd rather work on some Windows XP toaster than switch to mac

it's pretty viable with dxvk (at most you may just need a bit better hardware than you would on windows), the problem is that most DRM doesn't work under it

and unless Steam itself start removing denuvo from games, it's unsolvable by a legit store since the solution is cracking games. Which leads to all those games that otherwise work fine being reported as "garbage".

start menu was the only thing that i hated to begin with, fixed that quickly though. had to use the gpedit thing to turn off a few irritating things microsoft has on to 'protect' your computer from you. overall though it was pretty painless to get it in a state i'm happy with. and i was a biiig win7 hanger on saying fuck win10 etc. as soon as i tried it i was like na this is actually totally fine. as for the spying, yeah, fuck the nsa fuck the chinese government tiananmen square great leap forward. what are they gonna do, i'm certainly not the craziest person on Yea Forums, i think i'll be ok. the version i'm using is enterprise, (Windows 10 X64 Redstone 4 8in1 en-US JULY 2018 {Gen2}) was the torrent. honestly at least give it a shot with dual boot. inb4 jew/shill/kike/m$/pooinloo

Attached: startmenu.png (1057x682, 257K)

With Mint and Manjaro we're finally getting some decent "just works" distros. Ironically most Ubuntu based distros like Ubuntu 18 and Lubuntu are super finicky these days.

Attached: DonLR6mXUAIaC5i.jpg (720x433, 53K)

any mayor fork since the linus fallout?

install gentoo

Attached: install gentoo.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

I like it.

>browse linux kernel changelogs
>see bunch of people making changes with emails ending in @huawei.com

Attached: 1536084531098.jpg (409x427, 36K)

Does linux supports wacom tablets?
if that is the case i will try it right now

Attached: drawing.png (309x476, 25K)

gratis and freepilled

Imagine being such an autistic turbo nerd that you actually give any thought to an operating system.

Link? I want to laugh

idk dude when you go to install something and your computer tells you to relax and stop trying to change things and to just chill out you don't need to install that bro, it's okay just go play some forza horizon, you don't need to be messing around with these files user, these are our protected windows files user, you shouldn't touch these, really it's for your own good

I fucking hate that
>Can't do that user :3
>Here are some hot new "APPS" that are preinstalled :3
>Can't delete them, the fuck do you think you're doing faggot calm down now

kernel.org

click literally any changelog link, every single one has some

60hz on 144hz leads to frame stutter due 60 not being a even under of 144.
So 120 it is. Which is also a multiple of 24, which a lot of terrible stuff on Netflix is.

That said, the point that was made was that the display with higher motion clarity will always be better at target FPS.
But if you want to CS:GO you might as well get a CRT that can do 240hz at 640p. Motion clarity doesn't get much better than that, and with that many FPS you don't need increased resolution for increased clarity in motion.

>force downloads 200+MB update for something you never used and only want to delete but can't without fucking up everything
>happens again a few months later, and again

my screen is 120hz, it's easy to just lock it at 60,75,90,105. if it was 144 i'd have to be doing like, maths n sheeeeiit

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahaha
China really wants to turn the world into a cyberpunk dystopia, doesn't it?

Attached: oh wow.jpg (609x167, 25K)

Don't worry, Huawei Gao Xiang's commit was reviewed by Mr. Chao Yu from Huawei to ensure there wasn't anything strange.

so this is like the patch notes for linux as an OS? and all the changes are by chinese? lol

Attached: Parallel-Dimorphism-Alpha-Troll.jpg (1008x730, 124K)

yes, although most changes are limited to specific drivers for Chinese things like Xen. Their just want their shit to work.

>Huawei
>The company that has been in the eye of the storm for the past few months due to participating on espionage

Yeah, sure. You would have a point if they didn't have Huawei e-mail accounts of all things.

60 is okay. 100+ is a drug, once you see it you'll never want to look at 60 again.

why are there so many fucking services running on windows 10?

>what the fuck is this erotic filesystem shit they all seem to be working on
>google it
>well okay

Attached: 2019-03-03-165206.jpg (612x153, 50K)

STOP CALLING THEM FUCKING APPS IT'S NOT A FUCKING MOBILE PHONE FUCK YOU FUUUUUUUCK
SUCK MY SMELLY UNCIRCUMCISED NIGGER DICK STEVE JOBS

Works on my machine. Maybe try educating yourself before using a PC.

I never said that it didn't worked, I said that it was a steamy pile of anti consumer shit, learn to read you fucking slave

>stop calling an application the shorthand of application

>it's not a mobile phone
or is it

Attached: .png (600x812, 374K)

Microsoft is run by retards. That's what went wrong.

it's better than Windows 8.

it only became widely used after phones started to pickup though

THIS
IT MAKES ME SO MAD
It's like the whole OS thinks you're some 14 year old girl

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 427K)

>A good gaming pc these days will cost you $1500 at bare minimum
I bought mine at the beginning of 2018, when prices were still a bit inflated due to miners. I spent $800~$900. Not counting monitors/peripherals.

Still works on my machine. Like I said, you should probably educate yourself if you don't know how to handle Windows.

You know what they say. Too many cooks spoil the pot.

They hired a shitload of street shitters instead of actually competent programmers.

>I bought a retarded dogs who only has 3 legs
>with proper care he's great
>lrn how to dog fgt
>t. tardwrangler
Doesn't change the fact that if you need to dance around major issues there's a fucking problem with the OS, which makes it a shit OS

>They made it for Windows surface, remember Windows Surface? Of course you don't. It fucking flopped.
Microsoft Surface didn't flop. What the fuck are you on about?

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-12-19-18h58m04s202.png (1280x688, 1.17M)

Windows 8 is not that bad with Start 8 or classic shell.

Attached: 0ce.png (368x254, 112K)

What the absolute fuck was wrong with calling them "programs" or if you wanted to go even more into detail, why not one of the 15-or-so other terms that specify even further what said program would do?
Instead you replace it with something "hip" and "trendy" bullshit that you can hardly even take seriously and the term itself pisses me off just as much as the myriads of goddamn platforms that exist under the similar name formula of "FUCKER" EXCEPT WE REMOVED THE 'E' SO IT'S FUCKR AND IT SOUNDS HIP
FUCK YOU

Windows 8.1 is literally the best Windows in over two decades.

I didn't buy a dog, I got a dog with 4 legs for free. Not my fault you're uneducated and don't know how to take care of a dog.

>The layout sucks
Same as its always been, sans the start menu... except it's easier to search the start menu by just typing with its open. Best its every been really.
>Metro sucks
Then don't go out of your way to enable it?
>Cortana sucks
Who uses voice commands on a PC?
>The microsoft store sucks
Then don't use it.
>The task bar sucks
Task bar is similar to how its been. Yeah it's missing the mini task tray thing, but it's replaced by just pinnings to the task bar.
>The interface sucks
Practically the same as its always been
>It's update path sucks
Turn on manual updates
>The way it interacts with the user sucks
Practically the same as its always been (hurr you're just copy-pasting the answer. No shit, "The User Interface sucks" and "The way it interfaces with the user sucks" is the same complaint)
>Edge sucks
Don't. Use. It. Then. It's at least better than Internet Explorer at almost any point of its existence. When your argument is 10 is worse than previous, it sure is weird how you're complaining about a useless improvement.

windows 10 is an offshoot of windows 8 which was mainly a mobile OS. it's only rational to call those modern neatly prepackaged sterile programs "applications"

>Hey lads I got this raccoon for free, please stop badmouthing my dog

app means the exact same thing on top of being easier to say and type out, sorry you have autism but most people don't care

Isn't support just stuff like "no windows updates"? Pls answer I'm retarded

Yes, but when a windows system reach end of support by Microsoft, most devs also stop caring for the system and just tell their users to update.

Windows XP, as popular as it may have been, is hardly getting any support from anyone anymore. Windows 7 is just going down the same path.

I just reintalled 8.1, new drives/core componots and it blew my dick that in order to install framework 3.5 I had to download a program, then rehook up my dvd drive (new case has no slot for it) and install it that way because windows update won't, and neither will the download. Pain in my ass

just to play Koikatu.

What exactly is wrong with it? Tell me in your own words.

Attached: 1551041120043.png (1228x1150, 191K)

For the average person its better than ever, but for games they really hit a wall when the hardware exploits were revealed and every game lost frames fixing it.

Besides that and telemetry its as functional as can be without putting up walls like Apple does.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1578x476, 123K)

It prevents me from playing vidia

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

did they make the bluescreen actually useful yet?

>every game lost frames fixing it.
source please

Attached: fd.png (1233x206, 27K)

the slowdown is real albeit exaggerated but it doesn't really affect games unless they're poorly using the cpu

to someone doing heavy duty stuff like compiling/encoding/renders that's actually using the cpu at 100% on every cores will feel it the most

been a while since I even played a game that was cpu bound, at least not with my current cpu

I thought trannies basically killed linux

Why yes I use 8.1 with classic shell. What gave it away

Attached: gigga.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

well, that and I guess if you want to emulate things like ps3/360

these barely even manage with a 5GHz cpu as-is

Does W10 have more compatibility issues with old games than W7?

..What?
What do trannies have to do with Linux?

this is what you get for listening to /pol/ memes

they emulate fine at 720p

Still using win 7 on my pc. Want to build a new pc after 3700x comes out. Not sure whether to stick with 7, or change to either 8.1 or ltsc meme

Windows 10 doesn't support SecuROM

..well I guess cpu-bound is relative to if it matters

one game was giving 17000 fps with vsync disabled, I could bump it 22000fps if I overclock the cpu a bit

>reminder that windows 7 reach end of support next January
so my computer will stop waking me up at 3AM?
fuck... only a year to go lads, I can make it

Depends on what resolution you're aiming for. You can build a PC that will do 1080p/60fps for like 500-600 bucks. If you want 4K gaming you'll need to spend at least a grand.

>Not pirating games with securom

He's not wrong though.

>Office 2007
I'm using Office 2003 with Windows 7 x64
Everything just werks

So do I, but it has a lot of compatibility issues with older software. You can solve some of it by setting run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, but not all. This isn't anything new though, Windows 7 was massively incompatible with a lot of old Win 98 games.

Pretty sure they already announced there's no Windows 11, they'll just keep updating 10.

It's easy to get addons that block all the telemetry stuff.

oo-software.com/en/shutup10

If you go back and look at frames game comparisons from nvidia driver 389 and then compare them to the next couple, you'll see that for some games it took a couple drivers to get frames back where they were at 389. It definitely wasnt as bad at people talked about.

Banks ATM's still use XP.

>tfw cpu bound

Attached: 2019-03-03-174957.jpg (1191x664, 127K)

every time an update happens something stops working
older programs that worked no longer do
printer drivers no longer work
I have removed every sound card I've owned, from pci that stopped working, then pcie, now the drivers for my professional usb no longer give sound no matter how many times I reinstall

great fucking os microsoft

>upgrade to win 10 to play forza yo
Not sure if shilling or just plain retarded.
Its like buying a console for a single game.

Task bar is my main issue with Windows 10, it's lost a lot of serious functionality. I include the Start Menu here because it's attached to it.

You can't search for all programs anymore, Windows 10 won't show some programs you installed in favor of showing you advertisements to similar products. This is especially bad with Steam games not being searchable like they used to.

You can't right click half the things you used to. Even when you do, some places limit the number of items right clicking shows to 3 + a "Show More" button. This "Show More" button opens up and shows the remaining options, which is more often than not a single option, meaning if the "Show More" button wasn't there it could've just been right there anyway without taking up extra space.

You can't drag applications outside the taskbar anymore, which used to be the fastest way to create pins in your start menu. Now you need to navigate to your program list AND SCROLL THROUGH EVERY PROGRAM YOU HAVE. You can't just hit a button to be taken to that letter of the alphabet. There isn't any autocomplete where you can start typing and it'll find it for you. You can't find it in explorer then click and drag it like you used to. You have to manually scroll through every program you have and find it.

Whenever you try to right click on an application and follow its path to where it is on your computer, it takes you to the location of the Windows Star Menu shortcuts folder. Which means you have a button that does the same thing for every program just sitting there clogging your menu space up.

Since start menu can't actually find programs now (it only finds shortcuts for them), if you delete those programs it's just going to come up with a dead link. There's no way to get rid of this dead link without searching through your file explorer, since you can't right click it at all.

You can't argue that these are "advanced features" that most users won't use because it's the fucking taskbar.

Never had any of these issues. Great OS microsoft. You must be thinking of linux.

I despise their fucking updates so much.
Every single update breaks something, somewhere.

>Whenever you try to right click on an application and follow its path to where it is on your computer, it takes you to the location of the Windows Star Menu shortcuts folder. Which means you have a button that does the same thing for every program just sitting there clogging your menu space up.
It was like that in 7 and XP too, user.

no it's fucking not
t. just tested it on both xp and windows 7

i am going to update to win 7 bros
see you on the other side...

Attached: 1550861253450.jpg (845x1200, 155K)

fuck chika must have change what i typed, i mean to win 10
fuck

Attached: 1550938507273.gif (640x360, 1.24M)

good fucking job you moron, you made yourself look like a complete fucking idiot

Have you tried buying a computer that was made in the last decade?

>tfw you use win10 only for gaming (when necessary) and just reboot back to linux when you're done which is hand crafted to be exactly like you want it at this point and windows feels garbage to use regardless of the version

Attached: stallman.jpg (3504x2336, 2.68M)

The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time. Examples include medical systems (such as those used for MRI and CAT scans), industrial process controllers, and air traffic control devices. These devices share characteristics of embedded systems: they are typically designed for a specific purpose and are developed, tested, and certified before use. They are treated as a whole system and are, therefore, commonly “upgraded” by building and validating a new system, turning off the old device, and replacing it with the new, certified device.

We designed the LTSC with these types of use cases in mind, offering the promise that we will support each LTSC release for 10 years--and that features, and functionality will not change over the course of that 10-year lifecycle.
basically i don't think you can buy it without having like a business number maybe? i have no idea how it works but they make it sound like a pain in the ass, i just pirated it so idk

cope

>retards who switched to 10 without reformatting are still complaining about stupid shit that isn't a problem

Attached: 1415417663792.jpg (249x272, 15K)

>You can't search for all programs anymore, Windows 10 won't show some programs you installed in favor of showing you advertisements to similar products. This is especially bad with Steam games not being searchable like they used to.
You can only search for things in the start menu, or in documents. If you want to search elsewhere just open windows explorer and search there. If you don't make a shortcut to a steamgame in your start menu, then the shortcut won't be there. You could also just use Steam's Library, or right click the Steam icon in the System Tray to quick launch.
>You can't right click half the things you used to. Even when you do, some places limit the number of items right clicking shows to 3 + a "Show More" button. This "Show More" button opens up and shows the remaining options, which is more often than not a single option, meaning if the "Show More" button wasn't there it could've just been right there anyway without taking up extra space.
Not sure what you're talking about here, as I rarely used the Start Menu in previous versions.
>You can't drag applications outside the taskbar anymore
Right Click -> Pin to Start Menu or Pin to Taskbar. You can press a letter to cycle through file/folder names that start with that letter in Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer also has a search feature. Where are you trying to launch things from?
>Whenever you try to right click on an application and follow its path to where it is on your computer, it takes you to the location of the Windows Star Menu shortcuts folder. Which means you have a button that does the same thing for every program just sitting there clogging your menu space up.
Anything added to the start menu automatically in previous versions did the same thing. You can then modify the shortcut, or right click the shortcut and follow it to its source folder.
>start can't find programs; delete issues with dead links
Uninstall the program properly and this isn't an issue.

>never even tried it

>Windows 10 won't show some programs you installed in favor of showing you advertisements to similar products
The installer has to add things to the start menu, as its always been. If a program you've installed wasn't auto-added, it's because their installer didn't do it. In regards to the advertisements, you can disable those completely.

it's not that bad after you get classic start menu and fiddle with the settings for a bit. Honestly, I'd say it's overall better than w7 if we ignore the datamining stuff.

But I have it installed.

I just don't use it unless I really need to (like UWP games)

I used to do this, at some point I just decided to bite the bullet and learned programming so I can make everything work on Linux.
Everything is so much better now.

This whole post just shows you have no idea how to use your computer. I don't know how to help you, but the problem isn't the OS here.

why would i need to format?????????

I don't use win10 much at all, it's just for that rare time I can't get something to work in wine+dxvk and (even though I know C), you won't find my trying to fix that mess that is Wine.

>start menu can't actually find programs now
This is a lie. Maybe you have indexing service disabled or slow disks because I can type the first 3 to 4 letters of any .exe I have and it comes up even if there's no shortcut in the start menu.

>tfw saw things declining with 8 and switched to apple before ever using this cancerous OS

Rip 7

>I saw cancer developing, so I jumped into a Cancerous AIDS patient instead
good for you

Epic gamer spotted

This guy's an apple gamer guys.
GTFO Pajeet

Attached: 784245.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Me too, user. Since July 2011. The amazon review I read saying it was (at the time) 5th best processor in the world pushed me to buy it.

No regrets. Love my PC

How's hearthstone treating ya over there?

Attached: 1547940968394.jpg (807x802, 74K)

After looking at this pic for years I only just now noticed that his upper lip is not raised and the nose is not wrinkled.

So...
How's that DirectX12, boys?

Attached: 1539632585127.jpg (412x350, 49K)

literal shit not worth using

it's okay, there's just no point to it when Vulkan does the same thing better and is more portable.

It's literally Windows 7 with number 10 bolted on.

THIS

There are no good DX12 games.

Not because of DX12 though.

>Tfw searching up LTSC bring up the official Microsoft page
>The whole article slags LTSC off going on about how shit it is compared to the regular frequently updated versions
They really don't want you to use it, that's probably reason enough to seriously consider it.

Attached: 1520632323553.png (778x577, 456K)

It's in games, but it looks no different from DX11, for example; RE2. Runs worse, and looks the same.

Vermintide 2 supports it, but you have a shit stuttery experience until you've experienced every effect for it to cache.

oh it is this time of the day
let me share some arrowtext :^)

>bsod
>video scheduler error
>"have you reinstalled your video drivers tehee?"
>"probably the fault of your freshly unpacked graphics card teheehe"
>"please post some ten page log so I can come to the same conclusion as you"
>"look, it is this win10 component "watchdog.sys" but the problem is surely something else and not on the side of the OS tehehehehe"
>"have you tried updating your video drivers?"

turns out watchdog will cause a bsod simply, because the graphics card took some milliseconds too long to answer
so, into the registry I go, disable that bullshit, and who would have guessed, the bsod are all gone
clearly drivers and card issue
clearly not win10 being a piece of shit

next story :°)

>be graphics fag
>use Intuos3
>have to carve "inkspace" out of the system to even get my Intuos drivers to work
>every few weeks my button settings are randomly reset
>stylus buttons arent even recognized outside of old Adobe software

and I am still happy it is working, because fuck me, it seemed almost impossible, when I first tried to carve Inkspace out of the system

cleaning win10 feels like carving cancer out of someones flesh with a sharpened spoon
you can almost see how the residue starts to form new tumors, right after you carved a big chunk out of it

upboat please

robot detected

That's just devs not giving it priority and making a mess out of their implementations (that, or enabling more visual effects that are normally off with dx11 that eat up performance)

The same thing happens with vulkan.

Both have more potential than the very outdated dx11 both for performance and visuals, especially with modern cards.

unironically this

>have to carve "inkspace" out of the system to even get my Intuos drivers to work
You sound like you've never used a computer before in your life...

It has no store and you can't play any Win10 exclusive software, so better just stick with 7.
Rise of the Tomb Raider works smoother in DX12. Not sure about other games. DX12 was designed for performance not visual effects.

I really hate when my OS makes he have to carve out space for the ink my tablet uses :(

yeah okay, I got the name wrong, Inkspace is software from wacom
I meant whatever shit builtin stylus driver win10 has integrated, maybe it was named "windowsInk" or whatever
it was messing with every wacom product I tried on th system, so I had to carve "softwarename" out of the system i.e. trying to rip it out of the system
we have this whole thread, because win10 is riddled with this sort of shit and in no case it is just "uninstall lol"

fucking imbeciles

my wacam tablet installs with literally zero issues of any kind

>Wanted to see how that Proton thing worked on Steam.
Is Proton tied to Steam? I've been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 (origin) lately and I'd hate to lose access to it.

I'd make the switch but my job has me using Unreal Engine and Unity. I can't risk compatibility problems on that front.

There's no point in using Proton if it's not with steam. Proton is essentially wine+dxvk with steam integration added (and also more limiting given it's older and not wine-staging).

So well, just use wine+dxvk, or wine-staging+dxvk. If you want a "do everything for you" could look into lutris or playonlinux (I haven't tried those things myself, so I dunno, I just setup everything manually).

..also seems Titanfall 2 does work with it, but I haven't tried myself

apparently it'll need to be cracked due to uplay/origin fucking things up, but otherwise works fine

>and you can't play any Win10 exclusive software
Yes you can if you pirate it. You can also download the store, but why the fuck would you want to.
>Rise of the Tomb Raider works smoother in DX12
It also crashes during the last cutscene with DX12.

Still don't understand how a new OS with actual built-in AI(ish) is somehow not able to detect the difference between being installed on a desktop and a fucking tablet, you'd think a keyboard and mouse would be a dead giveaway.

That's only about 25% of the datamining though, you need third-party tools like OOSU10 to disable the next 50% and the last of it simply can't be disabled without basically just turning off updates and internet completely.

(that does mean no online, most DRM and anti-cheat stuff tend to not be happy even though the games can run fine cracked)

Get Ubuntu and never worry about not being able to play games again. WINE and Proton has better compatibility with even recent Windows games than Win10 does.

But it does. The logic basically goes
if touchscreen detected
make icons huge for sausage fingers
else
keep icons small for mouse and keyboard navigation

No it isn't, it's just the snowflake version for snowflakes who think they don't need to actually dig deep to turn everything off, you still need O&O Shutup 10.

So dualboot and use win10 for UE4 and photoshop and linux for games and everything else.

this, I only boot to win10 when I really need it

For day-to-day things and games that work fine with it, I'll just use whatever OS I like better, may it be linux or win7, it doesn't matter.

I even left win10 on a shitty storage drive not to waste NVMe SSD space. Which while sucks for normal usage, doesn't really impact games much.

Obviously, for some reason you'll have to forget about playing 90% of your fav. old games.

Denovo hasn't been an issue in Wine for more than a year now.

in other words, I think of win10 like a console at this point

It only has one job

You cant download the store

Windows 10 always wins, baby.

still is with some versions, depends on which denuvo (the weaker ones are usually fine)

denuvo been through a lot of changes

Doesn't reach end of support of I don't connect to the internet
Checkmate, athiests

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/03/01/windows-10-versus-linux-6-steam-games-benchmarked-on-intels-hades-canyon-nuc/#56f54e7978ce

By 5%, which is easy to overcome with the lower cost of a GNU/Linux setup compared to Windows.
Plus there's no kernel-level malware or spyware to worry about.

2020 LOONIX SUPERPOWER
*yawn*

>NSA wants to know your locatio-
Oh wait, they already do.

How do YOU know all this?

This fucking OS always has some batfuck stupid glitches in it that fuck them up for reselling (plus my stupid bosses wont let me do full OS reinstalls)
The desktop will stop working, most of the time with the start menu and settings menu fucking up. This persists through full resets.
This happens all the time too, and there's a bunch of other little problems that always pop up to boot.

Attached: ragejak.jpg (554x527, 31K)

You're just choosing to end support early.

>What went wrong?
Nothing.

Attached: ltsc.jpg (225x124, 7K)

whats the difference between that and home

still the same shitty OS, just with less pointless garbage

Yes you can:
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-add-store-to-windows-10-enterprises-sku-ltsb-ltsc.70741/page-30#post-1468779

.....What went wrong, exactly? Win10 has been working perfectly fine for me ever since it launched.

Attached: [thinking intensifies].gif (300x300, 892K)

That's been Microsoft's mission statement since they were founded.

>MS can't unintall / install / upgrade their own products properly
Totally the user's fault.

Attached: Dude.jpg (178x178, 30K)

works on my machine

it runs like shit on slower computers like my old laptop (2GB ram, dual core)

Did you time travel out of 2005?

>wahhh, 2015 operating system doesn't run well on 2005 hardware!!

Attached: 21625c2a5244.gif (426x192, 82K)

this, it made me so mad i couldn't run windows 10 on my ibm 5100 :/

>Computer wakes up by itself to download and install the latest updates whenever I put it in sleep mode
Does anyone know how to stop this?

i'm saying people who complain about it have shit computers
ive since upgraded to 2018 hardware

>yeah who thinks about stuff they use on a daily basis
car? ive never ever had one original thought about something I dont like in it
i dont think about my phone, it just works, and when it doesnt, i collapse into unconsciousness and wake up in the hospital with amnesia

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 32K)

Attached: screenshot.png (339x186, 6K)

Eve online is ditching dx9 support later this year and forcing dx12 as the default.

Just install XP or Vista at that point.

That's extremely unfortunate when the Vulkan Standard is available on multiple platforms and is just as or more capable than the single-platform vendor locked non-standard D3D12.

>Windows 11
I'm so fucking sorry user...

Attached: 5.jpg (933x854, 126K)

>For real, what the fucking hell went wrong?
Faggots were too stupid to adapt to the change. It's was the same with 7 and with XP back then.
Except it's a good OS.

>install junk for 10 years without ever reformatting your computer
>upgrade your os still without reformatting
>wow it has issues because it doesn't know how to handle all the random bullshit you have installed some of which has also probably messed with your os install too
>what the fuck microsoft i never did anything wrong
>this TOTALLY wouldn't happen with linux either

I actually used a linux install that lasted me 15 years and even CHANGED computer and I booted it in the new one without reinstalling

it still worked fine by the end but I wanted a different distro at that point

It won't be called Windows 11, but Microsoft is definitely planning to drop the legacy compatibility layer currently included in 10 in the future.

First in 2020 they'll just not include it making S mode the default that you'll have to opt-out of.
Then in 2023 you'll have to stay on a more stable update branch in order to keep support for the compatibility layer.
Finally in 2025 they'll completely deep six support for anything that isn't a UWP.

Of course you'll always be able to spin up a VM for older software, but that's not exactly ideal for gaming.

Home is strictly worse than LTSC except for having access to Win Store.
Pro is strictly better, except for harder paranoid-tier customizability.

LTSC (LTSB prior to that) is basically an outdated Pro version with some stuff cut out. The store happens to be in the cut-out stuff so it pleases retards.
It also provides better UI-based control over the telemetry so that's another big plus for paranoid retards.
The third point would be "no major updates" which pleases retards immensely as they are far too retarded to handle it.

Initially, it's just the enterprise version of Win10.

This. People said the same shit about '98 to 2000, then again from '98 to XP.

as hardware and virtualization improve, it should be fine for old games really. GPU passthrough is even same-performance unless you have a cpu bottleneck.

although at that point you might as well boot up linux and use Wine which is great for older stuff

>muh headcanon
They have the perfectly implemented NSA-approved botnet already. Learn Linux fast, kiddo

I get the feeling that you just can't block everything

..then again for GPU passhtrough, may have problems if older windows don't have drivers for your modern video card

but well there's other solutions to get 3D accel that should hopefully improve

>but I FEEL like the NSA is watching me
That's not a problem with the OS...

I used Windows that lasted me 10 years (and still lasts) and Windows is much more complex than Linux.
FreeBSD can last you pretty much forever but that's mainly because you can't use it extensively enough to shit it up. The same applies to Linux.
Windows just allows you to be retarded while using it but doesn't free you from the consequences. Use it properly and you won't need to reinstall it.
I switched to it on my previous laptop without reformatting. Worked like a charm.

LTSC is a 'lite' version of windows 10, something "lightweight" that you want to install on place like cashier desk, guest computer, kiosk, etc.
It support program the same way normal windows 10 did, but it doesn't have additional features that normal windows 10 do.
the point is, ALL of those "additional windows 10 features" is something that you don't want in the first place, which makes LTSC version ironically becomes the version of windows 10 that you want.

Exactly, at that point though, why do you even need Windows outside of the VM?

Why do you even need Linux outside of a VM?

people get used to things and you don't want change (or want to bother setting up linux to be exactly like you want it)

Personally I can't even use windows anymore, feels unusable to me and everything seems like a pain. But I used linux since the 90s. I'm sure people switching to linux feel the same way.

(by same way, I meant the other way around that is, aka linux being a pain -- unless really take time to mess with it and set it up how you like it)

Jesus christ don't do that

Last time I used Linux with a GUI it was shit. That was like a couple months ago. Sticking to the terminal feels better.
Also, I have to work with macOS from time to time, so I get the feeling of "unusable". Except, I've accumulated like a year of experience using macOS and it still feels like utter shit.

t. Microsoft

>and all the other useless bullshit
Like a fucking server, for example.

You can turn all that off too. In fact it even asks you what servers to install and you don't have to install any of them. It's really just modular Windows.

personally I don't even use a file manager on linux

I like doing everything from the console (it even feels faster with tab completion), about the only time I touch my mouse is for web browsers and the gimp.

But well that's the thing, you can set it up however you like anyway. There's a lot of different DE to choose from too if you really want the windows experience on linux.

I wouldn't say I love it, but I almost never have issues with it beyond the initial bullshit like ads, forced gimmicks, and having to uncheck ten different things so my cat can't wake my computer. I shouldn't have to deal with those things to begin with, but once you're done with that setup 10 runs smoothly.

>tfw work is making me switch to Windows 10 at the end of the year

>tfw work is still using Windows XP because of old software nobody bothered to port to work on any other versions of windows

Doesn't every business in the world use Windows 7?

Attached: 1426600657632.png (656x949, 23K)

Banks in Japan still run on NT4.

What other OS can you use as a host with support for modern hardware without risk of rent seeking companies coming trying to get a piece of the action?

I fail to see the point of using Win Server without the server, to be honest.
You get the outdated features and more pain in the ass in return.
The telemetry boogeyman had always seemed retarded to me and if you have problems with reboots you are pretty much the target audience of those reboots as you by no fucking means should be allowed to configure your OS manually.

it used to be every business used WinXP and then support ended and they finally gave up (at most it's only used for things that aren't connected to any networks)

Win7 support ends next year and I doubt they'll want to deal with an OS that doesn't get security updates anymore

No, and even if they did in what way is that relevant for gaming?

Well, Win10 does have unparalleled hardware support, so there's that.

I'm just giving an example of how you can run server editions of Windows without any servers. For typical users who don't run any servers there's no need for it.

I'm fine with 99% of the stuff on windows 10, but the forced automatic update system just kills me.

Understandable. I honestly doubt that the entirety of server functionality can be cut off from Win Server but it's amusing if it can.

it's relevant so the OS keep getting supported (as a necessity because businesses bring good money), which lead to fags like us being able to use it for gaming instead of sucking it up and get the next version

but extended support reached its limit and it'll go away either way

and then most devs will also abandon it, so even if you don't care for security updates it's going to die anyway

Set your connection to metered and it'll only pester you about critical security updates.

Aside from Active Directory you can run all the other servers on Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise just fine. Like I said the only difference between client and server editions is modularity and the option to disable automatic restarts.
Alternatively, disable the windows update service until you feel like installing updates.

KVM is pretty good at this point and reportedly you can pass your GPU to the guest and play games this way. The issue is that you need 1.5x-2x amount of resources (and in particular, 2 GPUs) so that both host and guest can run at the same time. So if you want to switch to Linux for non-games, probably having a Windows 7 on dual boot is the way to go.

>the forced automatic update system just kills me
sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-1/

Attached: 1548105892482.png (432x453, 243K)

I'm amazed windows is still so reboot frenzy, rebooting after nearly anything. Even minor things that don't even affect system-critical things or drivers.
>linux even allows you to live patch the kernel (aka you don't even need to reboot to change the kernel)
>at most you may have to restart the X server to update video drivers, but don't need to reboot still

You can install and uninstall drivers without rebooting since Vista. A reboot is only required when the kernel updates, which happens to be once or even twice a month because it has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Ironically, vscode is pretty bad exactly at editing code, unless you use it for small projects or for esoteric languages, where the only other options are vim and emacs.

almost nothing besides some critical updates require restarting with 10

Linux is also much simpler than Windows, user.

that's funny, I lost count of how many times win10 asked me to reboot

not that I use it often, and when I do it always has updates pending

>critical updates
Twice a month critical updates because it's insecure as fuck

>Windows
>unparalleled hardware support
LOL no.

Even in the x86 space you have major vendors with virtually no driver support in the Windows market that have excellent out of the box support on any modern Linux distribution.

..also hilarious how many reboot it does just to install

You have no idea what you're talking about, you idiot.
Windows 10 has unparalleled hardware support.

>not that I use it often, and when I do it always has updates pending
hmmmmm....... i wonder why those updates would build up like that, really makes you think

It's the most secure OS in the world, user. But it's also the most targeted OS in the world.
MacOS had more major security vulnerabilities than Windows had in recent years, and it's a Unix-based OS that's simply more popular than your regular literally who distros.

not like I wouldn't have to reboot even if I was actively using it, duh

those updates would just come randomly and annoy me, unless I'm fine leaving everything outdated

I do enjoy being able to update anything with a single command and never have to reboot.

>Windows 10
>unparalleled hardware support

Seriously, you need to get out of your bubble sometimes. There's a whole world of hardware that Windows can't run on, or even if it does in some Microsoft lab there's nothing else you can do with it on that hardware.

Windows is increasingly becoming less and less of a profitable venture for Microsoft--a greater share of their revenue is coming from their Office Suite and their servers/server tools (which are Linux based). I don't think there's a single person out there that actually likes using Windows, they use it solely because it happens to have the software they want or need.

Which as much attention and money as they're pumping into Linux and OSS, and with as good as virtualization & compatibility layers are getting on Linux, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft eventually dropped Windows and made a polished Linux distro.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Windows 10 has unparalleled hardware support.

You could've made an argument but you didn't.

>thing works badly because of a long history of poor design that made everything complicated
thanks Mr. obvious

Works fine for me

Windows has way more functionality than Linux, especially out of the box, user.

>have W10
>hate it so much, but not enough to take the time to uninstall and reinstall W7 or whatever.

Attached: 1541040516410.png (858x360, 340K)

>out of the box
what, are you comparing it to the kernel alone?

because linux distros ship with a million things

I used to run LTSC until I started getting alerts that my license was going to expire soon. Dunno what the fuck that was about because I thought windows licenses were for life. I just moved on to linux to avoid the hassle.

Thread is full of autistic retards. What a surprise.

>I don't want to use windows 10 because it spies on me, btw windows 7 is great XDDD

>Windows 10 is rebooting my PC all the time because it asked me to reboot for the first time in three years because I never installed security updates during those three years xDDD

>Fuck updates, fuck Windows 10, fuck bug fixes, fuck everything xDD le botnet lololol

>I don't want to use Linux because I am epic gamer xDD

>Windows 10 can't play my XP games because I'm too retarded to right click the game and fix the compatibility mode xDD

Attached: 1551665281095.png (240x240, 80K)

We are obviously talking about desktop and normie hardware, which historically wasn't well supported in Linux.

>faggots still making Win10 threads in 2019
Jesus christ you manbabies had years to get used to the OS

And the Linux distros that ship with a million things have worse out of the box functionality than Windows, user.

Linux is good about efficiently performing a specific task, but it doesn't have versatility of Windows.

you will still see win10 threads in like 10 years, but they'll be talking about how it's better than the current version of windows

except they don't?

windows on its own "out of the box" does hardly anything, it's just the foundation to use more things

> There's a whole world of hardware that Windows can't run on
Name twenty modern hardware that can't run Win10, you retarded piece of shit

> windows on its own "out of the box" does hardly anything
Wrong. It does almost everything after a fresh install. You just can't tell because you're tech illiterate.

mostly things I don't actually need, and for things I do need it's not the software I want to use

I'm not saying it does nothing, but comparing that to a linux distro with all the alternative solutions to pick from is kinda silly. It's just not the same thing.

XP > 7 > 8.1 > 10 > Vista > 8

Attached: IMG5600554463033782795.jpg (710x530, 62K)

>Apple
>fraction of the cost

Every PPC board, every RISC V board, and (functionally) every ARM board.

Not to forget AMD graphics cards where the drivers that make them usable and performant are Linux-exclusive.

>PPC
>RISC V
>ARM
Nice meme

> Every PPC board, every RISC V board, and (functionally) every ARM board.
Why the fuck would Microsoft support that shit? You said "a whole world of hardware" amd those three pieces of shit is not a "whole world of hardware".

> Not to forget AMD graphics cards where the drivers that make them usable and performant are Linux-exclusive.
Win10 downloads and installs AMD drivers for my 5xxx GPU in this current year. You are fucking retarded and full of llies.

How good are the linux Office equivalents?

> mostly things I don't actually need
You don't need drivers, hardware support, bug fixes, updates and much more?

Linux is literal garbage and junk that needs 24/7 maintenance compared to Win10 or Mac OS.

>Windows 10 is rebooting my PC all the time because it asked me to reboot for the first time in three years because I never installed security updates during those three years xDDD
the forced reboots for updates that literally doesn't happen unless you never turn your computer off is by far my favorite complaint about windows 10

Attached: doginabagofdoritos.jpg (500x667, 100K)

Except Windows out of the box does plenty, user.
You get working drivers for all your hardware (used to be "most" with 7), working DE, file manager, antivirus, firewall, internet browser, media player, text editors, image editors, a shitload of system-management utilities, encrypting tools, cloud tools, ssh, etc.
Even the list of your day-to-day tools you are actively and consciously "using" can get absurdly long with windows, and there are also less known yet important services it's running.
There are also plenty of tools one "enable" like WSL or Hyper-V. Windows does a lot, user. Some people do not need some of the functionality, but Windows tries to target everyone and I'd say pretty successfully.

You know, macOS vividly demonstrates the nature of using Linux as a daily driver for most people:
>Huh, it has no %feature...
>W-well it's not like I need it!
>My OS is so superior!

My job is a high-level (not talking about the skill here) dev and I targeted Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android as platforms. With experience, I grew to appreciate all the shit Windows does to make my life easier.

I'm convinced Microsoft added automatic update as a "feature" to client editions of Windows so people would be forced to pay for server edition if uptime is that important to them.

Microsoft has been working to support ARM for a few years now, their decision to drop edge and adopt chromium is probably based on this

Literally more than 99% of the population needs. They're great. The only people who need MS Office are people with bizarrely specific and rare use cases. There's even a free online Google alternative, if you don't like the Linux stuff.
It's actually kind of impressive how Microsoft was able to get schools to brainwash the entire population into believing that you need their product.

I've been using the same installation of windows 7 since 2012 and I fully intend to keep using it tinto the 2020s, consequences be damned.

Attached: 1506272285353.jpg (397x421, 102K)

They generally suck ass hard. Google is a better alternative to MS Office for your casual use.
Excel is literally irreplaceable, but on the other hand, do you really want to work with Excel?
Also, I have zero experience with Latex, but assuming it's akin to drawing HTML pages, it might easily be a better alternative to Word.

My pal is still using Windows XP. He's also mildly autistic.

>Google
I actually use it more than office atm, but there are some small things that are a pain to do in Slides. not sure how good is Sheets compared to based Excel though.

Well, he has a point since some devices that he uses for work of for hobby supposedly don't work in Win 10. But then you'd also get plenty of examples of hardware and software for musicians, artists, etc not working in Linux.

Depends what you need it for. Libreoffice is fine, if everyone you exchange documents with also uses Libreoffice. An alternative is to run MS Office in Wine, which may work, especially for the earlier versions.

Most MSOffice users need to exchange documents with other MSOffice users, which locks them to using MSOffice.

I don't think we should be getting into this kind of argument. Almost all usable Windows applications are 3rd party or at least don't ship with Windows.

Where am I supposed to find Windows 7?