Be a total pussy when it comes to horror games

>be a total pussy when it comes to horror games
>can't play stuff like Amnesia, Alien Isolation, Outlast
>barely finish Dead Space 2, DS1 is too scary
>breeze through RE2 with no problems
What gives?

Attached: Resident_Evil_2_MAIN_8bd79736ec3d249e9007668fe2ffd5b7.jpg (950x633, 118K)

Zombies aren't scary.

It's easy to see stuff in this game

Not anymore but now I can say hands down that re2 remake have the best zombies in video games. They surpassed left 4 dead 2 finally.

>bullet sponges = good zombies
the absolute state of zoomers

It’s way more survival than horror. There are like five jumpscares throughout the entire game, you can kill pretty much everything if you’re smart and you don’t really feel isolated.

Mr X stopped being scary when I learned I can outsmart him simply by circling around an object.

nu-RE2 is just a simple 3rd person action game. Nothing more. It does not even try to build up disturbing atmosphere, and just keeps repeating the same decade old memes we've seen in every other horror-shooter made after the first Gears Of War game.
It should tell ya something that many of the game's areas become ten times more atmospheric when you enable the classic soundtrack. But even that's a small bandaid fix.

they keep you in the same environment for too long and the game is very repetitive by nature so even if you initially spooked by the time you finish the first playthrough you don't even remember

>even if you initially spooked by the time you finish the first playthrough you don't even remember
Isn't that the point? As you get better at the game and unlock better equipment, you become more confident in yourself and less spooked by what they throw at you?

zombies shouldn’t die easily zoomer

>As you get better at the game and unlock better equipment, you become more confident in yourself
but it's not that
it's because you're used to the map and the enemies since they pretty much stay the same

They do switch it up nicely by adding the lickers and Mr X.

REmake2 gives you too much control in terms of movement options and the zombies can't deal massive damage in one hit so a single bite ain't shit.
The zombie moans are also mediocre.
They all sound like regular people suffering through bronchitis and hacking up phlegm.
REmake 1 zombies all had these deep low pitched moans that made them sound demonic, not human.
It would've been great if Mr.X could decapitate Leon or especially Claire in a single punch instead of just staggering them for 3 seconds.
Apparently despite being 8 feet tall and weighing 300kg, Mr X can't punch a tenth as hard as manlet Mike Tyson.

Tps horror games are less scary

>They all sound like regular people suffering through bronchitis and hacking up phlegm.

I was disappointed by this as well. Seems capcom went with the walking dead route than their own superior zombies from the past. I'll take these any day over the shitty sludge monsters from 7

I agree, I was sort of disappointed the first time Mr X punched me.

RE2 is much scarier than jump scare space. i bet you played on normal.

Resident Evil games aren't scary, they just play well

It's not honestly a scary game. The Remake was definitely the most terrifying RE. I wanna say the over the person perspective gives you a stronger feeling of control, compared to either first person or tank camera angles.

Both REmakes scared the absolute shit out of me

>it would've been great if Mr X could decapitate...
Yeah, there should literally be no way you could counter Mr X once he has you within range. The whole purpose of him should be to keep range between you and him.

I liked him in the game but I just wish he was more deadlier.

>4th survivor
is there really just no ammo pickups anywhere?