Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
youtube.com/watch?v=DQUaEF2bJZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=G-Vg2YS-sFE
youtube.com/watch?v=pT7pVK5q8tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Portal 1 had soul, 2 was forced as fuck

you're out of your fucking mind

CSGO, Dota 2, and Artifact are all real games.

I played both Portal games on a weekend. They both were fun, and Portal 2 had pretty good jokes.
I like games that are pure gameplay and don't take themselves too seriously.
I'm on the mood for a game like that actually. Can you guys recommend me some games like that on steam?

Attached: 1550992264619.png (200x164, 44K)

Portal 2 was written by a canadian Cracked writer and it shows, it's all kinds of reddit with that faux self-aware writing.

these

no one is going to spoon feed you. Fuck off

Why do you have to be such a nigger? The man just asked a question

Can someone define soul? I see it being tossed around but can't seem to figure out what it means. It seems like a buzzword people use to try and shut down any arguments

It's not something you can explain, it's something you can only feel.

>had the cara mia scene spoiled in the leak because i thought it was a part of the arg

Attached: 1511193006109.png (619x453, 244K)

The difference between being yourself and acting a certain way to elicit certain responses, aka the difference between "the cake is a lie" and Glados saying you'r fat lmao xd

But video games don't have souls? How do I feel it?

I should expand on this say soulfulness is about not trying to appeal to a certain demographic but rather doing what you think will be fun or interesting for yourself, Portal 1 pretty much pioneered the test chamber with a weird supervisor genre and everything that came after it was just aping on this concept and trying to appeal to Portal fans rather than being their own things.

Gotta have it in you, you know haha

Looks like someone needs a hug

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

The difference between developers that truly love videogames and the ones that only see them as a way to make money.

>I should expand on this say soulfulness is about not trying to appeal to a certain demographic
That's naive. Every product ever created targets a demographic
>but rather doing what you think will be fun or interesting for yourself
Valve is a for profit company, they don't do shit for fun, but to make money
>Portal 1 pretty much pioneered the test chamber with a weird supervisor genre
Portal is a Puzzle game with a test chamber setting, the setting is not a genre
>and everything that came after it was just aping on this concept and trying to appeal to Portal fans rather than being their own things.
They were being their own thing because they created Portal and they created Portal 2 to appease fans of the first game and attract new fans
This is so fucking retarded, Jesus Christ. According to you, Valve should've changed Portal 2 completely and have it be something that fits your narrativa of devs and executives having fun instead of expanding upon the first game, like every fucking sequel does.

Attached: 1550639512522.png (512x512, 324K)

Portal 2 was fun but Wheatly is a fucking annoying character. I hate everything about him.

>That's naive. Every product ever created targets a demographic
Nope unless you count the developer's own preferences as a demographic, one point of soul is lost for every decision based on what other people will think rather than what the developer thinks is best.

You obviously never tried creating anything by yourself if you think money is always the main motivator of any commercial product, soulful people want to live off their creations because they want to do it all the time but when you start tweaking your creations to maximize profit then you're losing soul.

Portal 2's creative process did completely change from the first game, I wouldn't say it's completely soulless but it lost much of its oddball charm.

I think that was the point.

>character is so bad he ruins the game and any subsequent playthrough
I don't think that was the point.

Listened to this, Still Alive and then Want You Gone. Fucking cried.
Am I a fag?

It was though. He's supposed to be an annoying fucking idiot. It's the kind of character you're supposed to have fun hating.

Anyone who isn't American and doesn't find someone funny just because "le funny British accent" fucking hates Wheatley. What an incredibly grating character

non Americans dont matter

Imagine not being white

Attached: 1512275715055.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

you're obsessed with everything about my country and I truly dont even care what yours is, have a nice life caring about me

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
>you will never be in 2010 again, finishing Portal for the first time after geting it for free

Attached: cat.jpg (640x640, 60K)

Why americans are so obsessed with black people?
I can't even begin to imagine how it is to be so insecure that you hate another person because of the color of the skin.

Attached: pucci.png (800x960, 1.5M)

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=DQUaEF2bJZ0

Soul or not, Portal 2 was still a pretty good game. The Spheres were simultaneously the best and worst part.

english clearly isnt your first language or you have brain damage

based retard

youtube.com/watch?v=G-Vg2YS-sFE

>tfw finding the radio

Attached: 1433784056141.png (956x535, 588K)

Cave Johnson is pure raw SOUL, but retards dismissn his whole character for the Combustible Lemons rant, Perpetual Testing Initiative is comedy gold.

potatoes lol xd

>cannon says he was built to be most annoying thing to ever exist
>character is annoying
holy shit

Has too many non puzzle sections that make speedrunning not as fun
Is multiplayer still active?

>dude we made this guy so annoying you don't even want to play the game again because of him
Wow thanks Valve.

Wheatley was fine, it was nuGlados that ruined everything.

Is Portal 2 the most universally loved and respected game of this decade?

Everywhere but Yea Forums

Dark souls 2

Portal is a lame meme game for kids, go buy Artifact.

What genres are you into?

Attached: 063.jpg (708x954, 58K)

Portal 2 was fine. Only real complaint you should have is that it's basically an Adventure game now so the puzzles aren't as focussed as Portal 1's.

That would be The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™

>when the character writing is so good it elicits a genuine human emotion from the player so strong they avoid them in reality just like they had wanted to in the game
WOW THANKS VALVE.

the only real shame was that portal 2 didn't have as many depressing ambient tracks as 1 had
youtube.com/watch?v=pT7pVK5q8tk

>DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!
>that voice crack

Attached: 1537406164814.jpg (1242x1241, 100K)

>we're never going to get another Half Life
>we're never going to get another Portal
>we're never going to get another Left 4 Dead
>Team Fortress will continue to be a walking corpse

All hail Counter Strike, DOTA and Artifact forever

Attached: 1457067412029.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Kelly Bailey is a legit master composer and I'm surprised he didn't move to film.

>wanting eternal sequels and remakes of the same few franchises until the end of time
yikes

Dota at least earned that spot by grueling along as a WC3 mod with lots of community support

portal stories mel

Try Crosscode. Fun action RPG with tons of stuff to do and great puzzles.

yep, i'm content with half life's cliffhanger and left 4 dead's story leading up to nothing

i'm gonna go buy more artifact card packs

I can understand getting peeved at HL3 but L4D was never meant as a narrative experience, and all Valve games end in cliffhangers anyway.

That fucking sells it.
He's on his last legs and pissed that while he's trying as much as he can, he can't save either himself or his company which was bordering a shutdown for a decade.
It's really good shit.

TF2 has been consistently fun for me and I always go back to it eventually. The only reason I'm nostalgic about early TF2 is because I was 15 at the time and I made a lot of friends playing it.

Attached: 25507934_1676996669026551_7567021919925785692_n.jpg (728x752, 40K)

Portal 1
>intriguing, mysterious, sometimes scary atmosphere
>nothing is forced, satisfying cliffhanger ending
Portal 2
>Lazy self aware post-2000's writing
>Very forced dialogue and atmosphere

Why is she so perfect, lads?

Attached: 1534139497742.png (1080x1920, 2.04M)

>L4D was never meant as a narrative experience
...and that means i'm not suppose to enjoy the world, characters, story, and comic books that even expanded upon the established narrative? what?
>all Valve games end in cliffhangers anyway.
oh okay that makes everything all fine and completely excuses valve from everything

portal 1 was also pretty boring, Cave and playing around with the different colored goo was the only good parts of both games; plus community levels

>post-2000's
You do know portal 1 released on 2007, right?
It was the same year you were born apparently.

You can enjoy it but it's silly to complain about the lack of sequel in a game that doesn't really try to set up for a sequel.

everyone who doesn't like portal 2 can suck my cock and balls, more more humorous tone doesn't automatically make it bad

OBESED

Wheatley is legit funny though, cunt.
And a total qt!

Attached: 27372542_p3_master1200.jpg (480x480, 162K)

Attached: 1525008593770.jpg (720x701, 40K)

>Wheatley is legit funny

Attached: 1533351007723.jpg (433x427, 86K)

I liked him.

Can we make make that a banner or the pic on a sticky so people can spit at that person on their way in

OP BTFO

Of course Yea Forums would hate portal 2 now
Why do I even expect anything better

This.

>Coming Soon™ guys please habeeb us
*Freeze frame of Valve writer in thumbs up pose with grin*
[Seinfeld theme plays]
[Audience laughter with mild applause]
Produced by Leth R. G.

Attached: TF2 OOF.png (936x355, 80K)

>people saying tf2 is dead all the time
>still play weekly and it's as fun as ever

Attached: boom3.jpg (1029x1000, 275K)

Attached: you-are-the-blackest.jpg (1294x478, 115K)

TF2 is consistently in the top 10 list of most simultaneous players on steam.
It's not even close to dead.

>ywn get to experience the feeling of playing CSS or TF2 for the first time ever again

Attached: 1548876269546.png (1000x1000, 284K)

Talos Principle maybe

I thought it was close to being done after two years...

Attached: 1462154988572.jpg (1000x1000, 227K)

Pay your respects to a comic that was honestly waaay better than it had any right to be

F

Attached: BI-MONTHLY.png (432x245, 90K)