I'm sorry, but I do think that Skyrim is a better fantasy RPG than The Witcher 3

I'm sorry, but I do think that Skyrim is a better fantasy RPG than The Witcher 3.

Attached: dovah-shrug.jpg (768x625, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Khajiit
youtube.com/watch?v=qC9Ri2hZsos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

having a character creator instantly makes it infinitely better tbqh

skyrim is an adventure game, there are no classes and the perks you choose aren't even permanent you can reset them when your skill maxes out.

It's not that. The issues I have with it is that the gameplay feels... inferior?
The world feels cramped and repetitive, the movement is awkward, the combat is disappointing, and the menus you have to go through and the transitions make it feel overwhelming and tedious.

Even the whole perk system seems less thought out than Skyrim's, and people mock vanilla Skyrim in that regard.

but oblivion is better than skyrim

I agree with you there. Overall, it is slightly better than Skyrim.

I agree. It's probably depends on our personal Preference. For me the class System and world design are the biggest reasons. People who prefer the witcher are probably more interested in characters and Storys.

Skyrim's the best game in the last 12 years, imo

Every single thing you've written here, without exception, is wrong

I think so too, I also think Skyrim sucks

Define RPG

Witcher is not an RPG while Skyrim is barely an RPG so you are right.

Attached: 1549533307699.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

Not him, but I agree with almost every Point he makes. The world in The Witcher 3 feels copypasted, lifeless and undynamic. The menus are definitly bettter then skyrims, though. I agree on the Combat, it's only slighly better then skyrims, but doesn't have different character classes and Overall less Options.

Attached: 2019022416121600-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

>The world feels cramped and repetitive
implying skyrim with its 7 voice actors and copypasted cavern dungeons isn't
> the movement is awkward
implying skyrim's is any better
> the combat is disappointing
implying skyrim's any better
>the menus you have to go through and the transitions make it feel overwhelming and tedious.
implying ANYBODY played skyrim without SkyUI

Attached: 1551561194146.png (2000x2000, 3.28M)

You're not wrong.

I hate how limited of an RPG The Elder Scrolls are, no matter what you are THE CHOSEN ONE, even if it doesn't make sense for your particular character you're RPing as.

I role played as a dick ass thief who lived in the slums stealing anything and everything she can get her paws on. Selling it to the highest bidder and making each day a little bit easier with each haul. But at the end of the day SHE HAS TO UNITE ALL OF SKYRIM AND FIGHT OFF THE DRAGON MENACE. When it doesn't make sense for her character.

I've had the same issues for Oblivion and Morrowind. It doesn't make much sense for any character that isn't the native race to the land to be the "chosen one" Being a non-dunmer Neravarine or a non-Nord Dragonborn really pulls you out of the game since the dialogue is written based off on the presumption of being those races.

FO1/2/NV does this exceptionally well, and you're just some faggot doing things. NV Lonesome Road ruined a lot of it because they WROTE YOUR CHARACTER FOR YOU. YOU DID THESE THINGS, YOURE BAD LOL. Fuck that.

Bethesda needs to stop with writing my RPG characters for me and just make a world that I can make my own story in.

But yes, Skyrim is much better at being an RPG than Witcher because in witcher you're only GERALT THE WITCHER. But in Skyrim you can be anything you want before ultimately being THE LEGENDARY DOVAHKIIN SAVIOR OF SKYRIM SLAYER OF ALDUIN DUN DUNDUNDADUJNDUNDUNDADUNDUN FUSRODAHihaab vbb vvvvvvvvvb

That's your opinion man.
I think Skyrim is okay but for the life of me I just can't ever finish it.
Witcher 3 on the other hand, I always managed to finish it from start to end whenever I start up a new playthrough. Witcher 3 has cinematics and set goals, it works more like some sort of movie/book that you get immersed in.
On the other hand, Skyrim doesn't have cinematics, it's all in the gameplay itself, Skyrim works more like an actual game and it had way bigger possibilities for RPing.

Attached: foxtop.jpg (600x533, 232K)

Right, which is in agreement with OP.
Skyrim is a better role-playing game.

RPGs rely on the player to make their own experiences for them. It makes sense for those that can't set their own goals/backstory/etc would prefer a game that does it for them (The Witcher)

this basically. Skyrim has a great world and is probably the better "sandbox RPG," but the Witcher 3 is better in every other regard. It also never tries to be a pure RPG. You play as Geralt, not user. The story and characters are so much better it's not even close for me.

>Skyrim works more like an actual game and it had way bigger possibilities for RPing
>Skyrim
>Possibilities for RPing

Attached: 1548088465125.jpg (726x747, 122K)

You'd be correct, because Witcher 3 is not an RPG.

Moreso than TW3, which is correct.
It just suffers from Bethesda's generic story line depicting you as being foretold by some prophecy.

>whatever i dont like or agree with is reddit xd

>she can get her paws on

Attached: 1547976070174.jpg (768x1024, 93K)

Well yeah I like Skyrim but I haven't done the main quest in like, forever. I just adventure and shit, ignoring Helgen like the plague.

The Reach is the best Province. Fight me!
>Looks the best
>moody atmosphere
>the orc strongholds
>the citziens are secretly cannibals
>the Cidnha Mine Quest
>the dwemer Museum quest
>the molag bal quest

Attached: 2019022416073600-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Khajiit

In TES there is a race of cats called Khajiit. They're pretty much the niggers of The Elder Scrolls, and makes 100% sense to play them as a petty thief.

>pros: fighting off half-naked women
>cons: fighting off completely naked Briarheart shooting ice orbs like a fucking cunt seriously fuck that spell what the fuck

skyrim has ZERO player agency. the only thing that can differ from playthrough to playthrough is your choice of murdering people. Just having a silent, unnamed protagonist doesn't mean you can roleplay. Even if the witcher games give you a named protagonist with a set role and backstory in the world they give you enough chance to decide what your character believes and stands for.
No, only blatantly ignorant shit that i don't agree with is reddit

Attached: 1548605871216.png (605x582, 277K)

You can't change who Geralt is, what he stands for and how he operates morally as a character.
You can change who Dragonborn is, what he/she stands for and how he/she operates morally as a character.

TES has player agency, whilst TW (series) does not.

seriously why are mages so fucking overpowered? Basically no enemy can harm me, but mages almost always one-shot me with fireballs or ice orbs? I almost always get the atronach stone mid-game because of this.

Attached: 2017112121340200-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

Well obviously, W3 is shit, but so is Skyrim. The only difference is Skyrim is a little less shit.

The Reach has the most character of all Skyrim, it's seriously beautiful and rich in detail.
While I love Vlindrel Hall and think it's the most beautiful home, it's not a nice place to raise kids and it is a pain to get up to.

Because you need magic mitigation. The cap is 85% iirc.

You have physical mitigation but not magic.
I hate how strong magic is for NPCs, but for the player character magic has been gutted so hard that you'll never be able to compete with melee builds.

And I think that one pile of shit smelling worse than another hard turd doesn't make it better.

>"Strength and steel are well and good, but magic is the true power in this world."
>―Wuunferth the Unliving
The old man says it best. Mages are glass cannons.

You'll also have to get the resistances from doing the Temple of Mara quest, and, if you want, level up alteration.

Is this an enchantment? I almost never level Softskills so it would make sense that I don't know about this.

>The world feels cramped and repetitive
Imagine saying that when trying to defend fucking Skyrim

Attached: 1549194918337.png (1052x576, 441K)

>have Skyrim modded
>skeletons, vampires, werewolves weak to silver to do serious damage neato
>dwemer robots = weak to frost damage that's cool
>stupid fucking mod gives necromancers a unique spell that practically one-shots the player and has an aoe AS THEIR DEFAULT

Attached: Дьякон_Глубин_(Dark_Souls_III).jpg (800x1080, 654K)

You can get them from enchantments, perk trees, quest rewards or racial buffs.

Breton's get a passive resistance.
Alteration Tree gives you a passive resistance
Mara's questline gives you a passive resistance.
Enchants can give you a resistance for specific trees (frost/lightning/fire)

What mod and what spell?

Thx. I'm in Rifton right now, so I will just go to the temple of mara.

Attached: 2018062400402500-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 320K)

I think I dislike how factions in skyrim are handled since no actions are precluded by previous ones so there really nothing of consequence that happens, even if the player has more agency there's not much that expands upon playing a particular role.

Advanced Adversary Encounters, they just straight up shoot this green orb that moves so fast and has a small aoe it's almost impossible to not get hit by it.
I looked up the mod page again and it's called "Dark Flare", it says it was removed from low level necromancers but every necromancer I've run into has had it.
Goddamnit wizards piss me off, this is why I always pick Breton.

I fully believe that Bethesda has taken that into account. We see hints of it in Fallout 4 with the factions you join, you can even just flip off all the settlements you saved and build as the general of the Minutemen by embracing your gifted role as Nuke-World's Raider Overboss.

Who knows, Starfield might give us a glimpse into what we'll have in store in TES VI.

Does it disable that shit at least? I miss the need to carry silver weaponry like I did in Oblivion.

That's just a problem of all the TES games. It starts off strong with your character freedom; but the more and more you progress with the main quest the less and less control you have over your character's decisions.

I always laugh at the Imperial player characters because being an imperial dragonborn means:

The Imperials have cucked you out of your Land (Skyrim)
The Imperials have cucked you out of your Religion (Talos)
And now the Imperials have cucked you out of your prophecy (Dovahkiin)

I will never be able to take Imperial characters seriously.

>NV Lonesome Road ruined a lot of it because they WROTE YOUR CHARACTER FOR YOU. YOU DID THESE THINGS, YOURE BAD LOL. Fuck that.

That was all Chris Avellone. Thank GOD he isn't writing for Outer Worlds

>You can't change who Geralt is
correct
> what he stands for
wong to an extent
> and how he operates morally as a character.
wrong to an extent

>You can change who Dragonborn is
correct
>what he/she stands for
again, only to a very limited extent. is the dragonborn a righteous paladin? well good luck trying to tell that to brynjolf. why can't the dragonborn kill both stormcloaks and the imperials? Why can't the dragonborn support the aldmeri dominion? Why can't the dragonborn want to side with mercer frey and fuck over the thieves guild? Why can't the dragonborn join the vigilants of stendarr and fuck over the companions?
As Geralt, the game doesn't let you do certain things because his position in the world is clearly defined, however the game gives you ample opportunity to choose what geralt stands for in the context of his role as a witcher (especially if you played the entire trilogy with a shared savefile).
But skyrim gives you absolutely 0 backstory, so why does it not let you act out any backstory you create for your character?

>TES
>"fantasy"

Attached: Throne_Aligned.png (350x580, 72K)

But most Dragonborns in history have been Imperials, Alessia and Reman especially.
If any race is worthy of Akatosh's blessing, it's the Imperials.

Both are limited, but Geralt is more limited than Dragonborn.
>But skyrim gives you absolutely 0 backstory, so why does it not let you act out any backstory you create for your character?
Because Bethesda sacrifices player freedom as you progress the main quest.

>Does it disable that shit at least
I'm really not sure, to be honest it might be that the combination of mods I have simply makes so any necromancers I run into are just not novices so they all have that spell.
>I miss the need to carry silver weaponry like I did in Oblivion
That part works well, just fighting Draugr I noticed a big difference between swinging at them with a 40 dmg Elven Greatsword in contrast to a 29 dmg Silver Greatsword.

these aren't even comparable genres of games imo. Witcher games are narrative driven experiences. were as skyrim is a create your own adventerer rpg
I enjoy both games, they each satisfy a different itch.

Attached: 1328471198299.jpg (493x700, 101K)

>Skyrim
>better at anything
Lmao.

music

Attached: jeremy_soule.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>people replying to this with talking points who have never actually played skyrim

Attached: 15876436789.gif (450x301, 1.33M)

But I played Skyrim.

pure kino
youtube.com/watch?v=qC9Ri2hZsos

Attached: dFjwYby.jpg (1440x691, 120K)

Despite all the shit I give Skyrim, I still dropped hundreds of hours on it. I played TW3 once when it first came out and once when all the DLC had released. Never felt like touching it beyond that.

An RPG without replay value is basically just an action game with a lot of talky talky.

where the fuck is the replay value in skyrim? everything is the fucking same, bar the stormcloaks vs imperials (not like there's any difference between them beyond what they look like and the color of their flag)

I think the term RPGs has been pretty much shattered at this point, while I think skyrim is closer to a true RPGs it's still a pretty weak one, and the witcher is a much better game overall

The modding community of this game really know how to make it feel refreshing and enjoyable for ages.

No, I'm not considering the loverslab crap, I'm talking about the people who make superb custom areas and decent quests, even the mods that add more NPCs and settlements with unique personalities.

>No, I'm not considering the loverslab crap
You won't but I will.

Yeah, because you're a failure in life and don't know how to talk to people, hence why you rely on virtual people to keep you company and give you an empty relationship.

Did I hit a nerve?

>did i hit a nerve?

Attached: 1547931303916.jpg (797x889, 112K)

Oh I get it, this is Astral Projecting. Can you tell me my fortune?

I think most of the replay value comes from the character classes and mods. The combat feels very different depending on if you play a thief or a warrior. I never played mages, but I asume it also feels different.

Attached: 20190303120314_1.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

No. I just want to remind you that instead of fixing what's wrong with you, you let it consume you.
You'll never be normal, and you should be laughed at until you give that shit up, or kill yourself.

God fucking no
Your opinion is so fucking bad you should be banned
I admit that Skyrim with mods is a better game than Witcher 3

Attached: 1438789752181.jpg (990x914, 111K)

Who hurt you?

Do you have anything but canned npc meme responses?

No. Do you?

Just a 10 minutes ago this was a good thread. Now it's a ghost town.

Attached: 20190302195748_1.jpg (1920x1080, 510K)

'tis a shame, but good on you for joining the Imperials.

I hope this doesn't jynx the thread into a yet another civil war discussion...

>Skyrim with mods is better than Witcher 3
That's a given. There's so many mods that improve or add better storylines and there's even mods that completely change the game into a brand new one unrelated to TES itself. All because people who want to do it spend the time and effort to make it.

Based and cyropiiled