Game is shorter than some SNES games and has 0 replay value and feels like a tech demo rather than a real game because...

>Game is shorter than some SNES games and has 0 replay value and feels like a tech demo rather than a real game because all you do is suck (like the game)
>Estrogents still pretend it's a classic because of the publisher

What am I describing?

Attached: luigi's sucky ass mansion.jpg (640x908, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/3ds/luigis-mansion
metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-hd-remaster
mariowiki.com/Luigi's_Mansion#Hidden_Mansion
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your life.

Probably kirby. Def not pic related

>play the PAL hidden mansion
>get "stunlocked" because there are so many fucking ghosts appearing luigi keeps fucking freaking out over and over when they pop up

>Luigi's Mansion
>0 replay value
you fucking what

What replay value?

RE remake is a game with replay value - LM has none

Attached: mo4t.jpg (949x1315, 200K)

More endings=/=more replay value.

You can aim for a better mansion, find some side ghosts you missed the first time, aim for better portraits on some ghosts you messed up on, or go for no money, which is a fairly difficult challenge.

And you can go for better times, no damage runs, etc

Yours and mine are just arbitrary challenges made up by the player - REmake actually has content worthy of making it replayable. That's just a fact, faggot.

These are things that are actually ranked in LM though. One of the "mansions" requires you to grab barely any money at all to get and is actually tricky to do. Same goes for the highest ranked mansion.

You can get a better portrait and thus better artwork of the ghosts if you grab more pearls while sucking them up, and them dropping more pearls requires getting better with the Poltergust.

LM is much more arcade in its gameplay style. also REmake is, as you say, a remake. Not that LM on 3DS adds a lot mind you, but it's still an original from the ground up and not built on something else.

REmake is the classic that made me get a Gamecube. Luigi's shitty Mansion was a bad launch title game that I rented.

www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/luigis-mansion

www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/resident-evil

Hell, even by rerelease score, REmake HD comes out on top

metacritic.com/game/3ds/luigis-mansion

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-hd-remaster

The only reason this garbage is ever admonished as a classic is because of the bias from Nintencel bonus of their own mind. Literally hundreds of better games existed on the PS2 and even the Gamecube, but only retards like yourself and Nintendo propagate the idea that anyone ever liked this shit.

>giving a shit about scores

Nintendo game gets a 98/100 on metacritic
>BASETENDO DOES IT AGAIN
Sony game gets a 98/100 on metacritic
>Game sucks, scores don't matter

when did I mention Sony? What the fuck are you going on about?

I was talking about the general Nintencel mindset, friend.

So you're just mad Luigi's Mansion does have replay value and rather than admit you're wrong you're trying to make this a Sony vs Nintendo thing, got it.

LM doesn't have replay value and you just made it up

REmake has a time ranking system

RE2 has a ranking system and a time limit ranking system - it's the same thing as your high score system, but in an actual good game with actual replay value and content

>you just made things that are actually in the game up
You truly are retarded, you know that?
>high scores with ranks are not replay value
Truly, truly stupid

It's only replay value if you want to replay LM

There's a reason I rented LM once back then: Because it's a one an done game

Yeah and RE only has replay value if you want to replay RE. What is your point, exactly?

You have autism.
Luigi’s Mansion is just fun.
It’s fun to play.

Except as I explained in the image, REmake has reasons to replay it

Say you start on easy, you have medium and hard to conquer

LM doesn't have this.

Say you beat the game with Chris. You can now try your hand at Jill.

LM doesn't have an extra character to play as

Say you're already really good at vanilla REmake and have beaten hard - you can then try beating it with invisible enemies

LM doesn't have anything like this.

The replay value in REmake is part of the games design, the DNA

Is a game not be able to be fun, simple and short? What the fuck are you going on about.

Attached: 9018F783-1ACC-40A3-A65C-14172D5E73F2.gif (228x211, 267K)

but if I don't want to play the other difficulties and other stories, then its replay value isn't there. Also Invisible enemies just sounds like bullshit added in to pad more content.

Hidden Mansion is essentially Hard. It's not an amazing difficulty, but it's still a difficulty.

And that fun was worth exactly $5 back then - even less now.

>Also Invisible enemies just sounds like bullshit added in to pad more content.

Then you have hardcore survival that's a bit more on the fair side.

>Hidden Mansion is essentially Hard. It's not an amazing difficulty, but it's still a difficulty.

I played it and sensed basically no difference. What garbage

mariowiki.com/Luigi's_Mansion#Hidden_Mansion

Oh I have to play the fucking PAL version to get even something remotely different. What a shit game.

Just no one reply to this thread. Let it die. OP is an absolute retard who doesn’t understand fun.

Tell us where Luigi touched you, OP.

>REmake isn't fun because rated m for mature scary game

Attached: XmtYl6a.jpg (800x450, 45K)

>Is a game not be able to be fun, simple and short?

Sure, if it's not $50

>estrogents
I like it. Way better than soi.
Let’s say this from now on

He wasted my weekend rental with his shittiness. That's pretty close to molestation IMO

LMfags btfo

>length is the only factor when determining quality

Attached: 1550944504323.jpg (552x528, 23K)

and you're still buttmad about it 18 years later? that's pretty fucking pathetic.

He's a So(n)yboy that's angry because people like a Nintendo game.

I think it’s more that he doesn’t like an ok at best game being made out be a classic, I think there’s some weight to the idea of nostalgia and Luigi’s first game going on, would you say that’s even 10% of the praise, or in your mind is it all due purely to quality ?

>feels like a tech demo rather than a real game
what a meaningless comment

>NOOOOOO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS PAST A CERTAIN DATE BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!1

The game is for kids. It was long enough for me when I played it as a child and had to figure everything out on my own. Really fucking silly when adults think their opinion on kiddy shit matters, reminds me of those cringy YouTubers who shittalk shows for children meanwhile the children enjoy it. You are not the target audience, just accept it

Kirby Superstar was for literal kids too, but it's so jacked full of content that it openly advertises it on the cover

Attached: snes_kirby_superstar_front.png (300x411, 126K)

>Strawmanning
No one would get this pissy and constantly make threads about it if they weren't mad about it.

Quality for sure. It's a short adventure, but a great one.

Length and price go hand and hand unless. It's why we have $10-$15 games now that are 1 hour rather than $50 1 hour games like we used to.

i've playn LM several times and remake 1 time

despite liking both, id id find luigi's mansion more enjoyable to rerun

is it it because its better? no, they arent even remotely similar in style honestly other than setting. LM is just a low-commitment game to play casually

games can be casual OP

Maybe that wasn't the intent, but that's how LM ended up

False advertising, more like. They just divided what would be normal level progression in other games into separate "modes".

Of course I'm mad about LM - I literally cried the first time I beat it. It made me think "... Is this all I can expect from Nintendo on the Gamecube?". The game was genuinely traumatic, but for all the wrong reasons.

... no. A lot of them are very different, like racing king dedede, or the general tone of Revenge of Metaknight

Not to mention the mini games like the power contest, or the samurai showdown.

Kirby Superstar is an amazing game - but if it was about one or two of the included games instead of the whole package it is now, it'd be as short as Luigi's shitty Mansion, because Kirby is easy.

You sound pretty pathetic mate.

>Resident Evil is better than Luigi's Mansion
>therefore Luigi's Manson is bad

No, that's not how it works.

>games can be casual OP

Yes. Shovel Knight is a casual platformer. Guess what? It's longer than Luigi's shitty Mansion and costs less too.

LM is borderline shovelware and only isn't because of the publisher. Shovel Knight could have been a $40 retail game and nobody would have batted an eye.

I've actually had sex unlike the average Nintencel

Attached: shovel knight treasure.jpg (590x332, 66K)

who makes a fucking bait thread about a game from 2001

get a fuckin life mate

You have autism. Like, genuine autism.

OP is obviously baiting, but i agree that Luigi's Mansion on the gamecube is kinda lackluster.

The game has good music and atmosphere, but other than that the mechanics do feel like a tech demo and the game WAS made just to show off what the gamecube could do.

Dark moon is better and portrait ghosts are overrated.

>No, you can't compare two games about spooky mansions that came out on the same systems near the same time!!!1

>OP is obviously baiting

I'm not. 100% serious.

>The game has good music and atmosphere

Those are all great. I love the LM theme and Luigi being freaked out... but so what? It's still short as shit.

Not them, but you must have had an aneurysm when the other games were announced. I'm assuming you never played 2/Dark Moon, and don't plan on trying out 3 on Switch at all?

I'm not as interested in Nintendo stuff as I used to be (for obvious reasons), but if those two games have more content than the first game and are actually really solid experiences? I really have no complaints.

This is about this one fucking game that constantly gets heralded as something it's not. LM spelled doom and gloom for the console in a way no other game could, and eventually the GC proved to be the N64 Mark 2, but without the good RARE games. (I so wanted a Perfect Dark 2 :[ )

Pic unrelated, right? No one can be this retarded.

So Nintencels don't pretend it's a classic? Or do you think it's a classic?

Explain

I'd honestly laugh if somebody had a piece of shit like Luigi's Mansion in their top 10

Based and agreed

LMfags BTFO

You cannot change the nintendies on Yea Forums over this OP. They will praise anything from Nintendo even if the truth is that it's mediocre or bad. Luigi's Mansion especially has been a myth played up over decades now. They are blinded by nostalgia because some of them are zoomers. And hell even younger people eat up even worse garbage like Dark Moon. Expect them to blindly deflect criticism of Luigi's Mansion 3 because all they care about is the brand, hopelessly addicted to cartoon juvenilia. And if you can believe it the remake Grezzo shat out of the first one is somehow even worse for wear.

I've never understood how people so easily fall for the nostalgia meme

Like Sonic Adventure 2, I played that on the Gamecube and knew that game was a piece of trash - now people are mad that other people are saying it's trash.

If these people ever had a brain at any point in their life, they'd have figured out "oh yeah this is kinda terrible"

also LM2 and LM3 could be good - obviously if they expand on concepts

What I'm saying is, is that for $50, LM should have been that game.

Luigi's Mansion and Resident Evil

I don't understand how you can be this butthurt over an 18 year old game.

The game haunts me like a ghost

I really liked this game as a kid. I now understand the flaws that the game has. Regardless, I still like the game because it's fun.
Is there a problem liking this shitty game? Is it the Ayn Rand of Yea Forums?

Attached: simpson 1.png (427x315, 128K)

Wow it was just a memegame all along?

wtf I hate Luigi's Mansion now??

Reminder that LM has some of the deepest lore in a mario game

Attached: 1464055978796.png (64x128, 26K)

Is that HP Lovecraft Mario?

As long as you recognize the flaws and tell people just to emulate it and not pay money for it

Why has the same autist been making threads shitting on LM for months now? It's not like the game is even discussed much on Yea Forums otherwise, this person just has a huge hateboner for it for whatever reason. It's time to move on, user.