ITT: Games with interesting mods that you wouldn't expect to have mods

Shovelware titles encouraged.
Post links to the mods themselves if you want.

Attached: harrypotter.jpg (320x320, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets/addons
moddb.com/games/the-incredibles
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=LdCABkTAw_4
rockraidersunited.com/forum/390-island-2/
moddb.com/mods/donut-mod
wsgf.org/dr/harry-potter-and-goblet-fire
wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values
fdossena.com/?p=hp1/i.md
fdossena.com/?p=hp2/i.frag
igg-games.com/harry-potter-and-sorcerer-stone-pc-free-687214686-download.html
igg-games.com/harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-809115546-secrets-free-download.html
igg-games.com/harry-potter-and-the-598813831-prisoner-of-azkaban-free-download.html
timedwatcher.blogspot.no/2018/12/fallout-1-sex-text-because-sexout-was.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

please ellaborate

I love mid 2000s and late 90s shovelware titles for some reason but some of them have interesting mods on Moddb. Post some if you have any.
Here's a bunch of extra maps and mods for Harry Potter 2 for instance:
moddb.com/games/harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets/addons

What kind of interesting mod exists for HP2?

Is this some kind of bait?

This game has a surprisingly big mod community and selection of current mods still being worked on and released.

Attached: Carnivores2.jpg (800x972, 179K)

extra maps count

Alright fine maybe HP2 is a bad example. Sorry. If anyone has any other movie-games or something with interesting mods post it.

Woah, what the fuck? this is pretty cool, now I want to install HP2 again. this really brings back memories

I have a "hobby" of downloading and fixing up old computer games to work on Windows 10, hopefully kind of future proofing them and I try to be as complete and up to date as possible with them. I love editing files in a hex editor, writing necessary registry editing batch files, figuring out necessary compatibility settings, mixing and matching data from different country's versions with ISO, IMG, and BIN editing programs, finding which programs require me to slow down my CPU, which ones require special Direct3D and glide wrappers, using emulators when absolutely necessary, etc. Pcgamingwiki is useless for pretty much all these games.
It's way more satisfying to me than actually playing the games for some reason.

Part of that involves downloading mods and playing around with them too, so if anyone has some for early 2000s games especially, please let me know.
The hardest game I've really tried to make work well in Windows 10 so far is A Bug's Life. I can basically get it to work but it still looks really bad and I can't figure out if there's a registry I can change to make the saves work in a folder that isn't the original one the game is installed to. Making old games portable is always the goal but that's not always possible for me.

That is pretty awesome from you. I don't have any game in mind at the moment but regardless I appreciate your efforts!

3 new textures for The Incredibles 2004 game:
moddb.com/games/the-incredibles

Nothing really worth checking out though honestly. If someone could make a nude mod of this game that'd be great.

Attached: batwoman.png (1024x768, 606K)

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=LdCABkTAw_4

Lego Island and Lego Island 2 have this big(?) community of modders here but I don't think they have anything good yet:
rockraidersunited.com/forum/390-island-2/

The Carnivores series in general still has a pretty decent sized cult following. Shame the reboot sucked ass.

Attached: 5762-carnivores-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x951, 186K)

You're a god among men, user.

just use win7

Wholesome thread.

do you upload your fixes/workarounds/etc anywhere?

Bump for a good thread actually about video games for once

you're a legend mate

There are some excellent mods in development for Hit and Run, for some reason.

Attached: hit.png (277x360, 162K)

The first 3 Harry Potter games are prime soul across all platforms

Another thing that just corssed my mind, do you upload those anywhere? How niche is the community where you find the game files? I've met some people archiving 80s and 90s games but first time I ran into someone working on early 2000s games.
Probably redundant to say this, don't forget to backup everything so you don't lose anything. I remember my brother having a decent collection of old ex-Yugoslavian movies and TV shows he lost after suffering multiple HDD failures.

It's not always an option. Not everything works properly on Win7 either and making the games run on Win10 is even more long-term futureproofing because imagine if someone told you to install Win95 instead of trying to run a game on your WinXP.

It was a good game, probably the best Simpsons has ever gotten and will ever get.
Any Futurama mod yet?

Where did you learn how to do things like editing batch files?

I kinda do the same thing except with PC games I find at thrift stores. Getting pic related to finally run on an extremely specific emulated Voodoo card after hours of tinkering was so fucking satisfying. Shame the game sucks complete ass though.

Attached: bwpc1.jpg (1200x1200, 241K)

that's what I'm talking about.
moddb.com/mods/donut-mod

Awesome

I'm learning how to do these things.
It's a lot of watching those poorly made youtube videos from years ago and seeing if they still work on Windows 10 and then trying to make it smoother if I can. I'm not good at this at all yet though.
>how niche is the community where you find the game files
I'm usually downloading or torrenting from whatever site has them illegally. Because they're usually cracked or not the original, I download from 3 or 4 sites lookging for ISO and IMG files if I can and use my judgement and some research to see which is the original and I might make a file for necessary installation files, a file for the original game files, a file for the best cracked version, a file for each mod, etc. It depends on the game. All I'm really doing is pulling from a bunch of different sites, organizing it all, and keeping notes of what tweaks I have to make to get the games to work. The people writing the NoCD hacks, patches, and mods are the actual heroes.

I downloaded and set up all 8 of the original Harry Potter games on my computer for some reason.

I have a backup. Thanks.
That's what I means. It feels so satisfying when it finally starts and the graphics look right. Then actually playing the game isn't as important.

I feel you there dude. I live tinkering stuff, though not to the extent you do.
Mate, how can I run HP 1-3 on Win10?

Are you literally me?
I just fixed Blade of Darkness framerate with a dx9 wrapper

Attached: Blade 2019-03-01 20-15-29-87.png (640x480, 420K)

surprising how it is a completely different game on gamecube

Attached: gc_harry_potter_chamber_of_secrets_p_gt7kh9.jpg (300x300, 25K)

I have all 8 HP games currently working in Windows 10 but I think the first 3 were really easy. I'll double check but I think you could just download an ISO from igg-games and the installation was completely portable so no registry changes even needed and they included a No-CD cracked version of the program in the ISO. I'll check but I remember Harry Potter being particularly easy to set up for Win10.

The only good ones are 1,2,3,5 and 6

Were you able to make a proper widescreen fix for goblet of fire?
i did

For games like Disney's Tarzan, the no-CD cracked versions online have no music or sound, but if you get the ISO you lose multi-track information, so you have to find the bin and cue files. But the only version of those I could find was for the German version. So I took the data from the English one and edited the bin file to replace the German data and now it works but I still have to mount it because using the cracked no-cd version means the music won't work even if the data is replaced, but the sounds will.

And the most important part is that when you mount it in Windows by default, it becomes a DVD-drive, but if I use Daemon Tools or ImgDrive or something I can mount it as a BD-Drive, which is what it and a bunch of other games need to work. That seems simple but it took me a little while to figure out why it was still saying "no cd". Running with Windows XP and as administrator is a given. It seems simple but stuff like this is fun to figure out.

why don't they make games like HP2 anymore

FLIPENDO

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25K)

It runs fine in widescreen for me, I just checked again, but that might be because of the way my monitor scales things. Usually I can adjust the scaling in the compatibility settings for the program and my monitor just scales it up. If you have a different solution though I'd love to hear it?

Try Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles.
There are two versions of this game, 1.0 and 1.1 iirc. One is cracked and one is not cracked and some files in the patch are fucked up and the game will CTD when starting. Halfway through the game corrupts its files - I tested the game on few PCs using fresh install and the game went FUBAR after some time. There are also massive slowdowns in many areas and stretched polygons here and there (pic related). And one cutscene is broken on PC and Dreamcast and doesn't play at all.

Attached: polygon.png (1280x1024, 1.53M)

BASED and REDPILLED

The game doesn't have widescreen support, it doesn't even have graphical options, depending on your hardware it will choose 800x600 or 640x480, to properly display it on a widescreen resolution you have to edit the exe

That sounds like a challenge. I'll try it but I'm not at all hopeful after what you've said.

With a hexadecimal editor, i can guide you if you have discord...

Remember the times when patching games was not an option and only way to fix it was to make later releases of the game have those versional fixes?
More games were actually perfectly playable at release back then, makes me feel nostalgic but at the same time I wonder how good some of those games would be now if devs could release QoL and bug fix patches after the release back then.

Is it this
?

The game is running in 16:9 widescreen for me currently but I think the NoCD version I used may have already had this implemented.

Yep, day 1 patches weren't a norm then. I remember when one of the Myth games wiped the hard drive when you tried to uninstall it.

Oh I see, it's just my monitor stretching the 800x600 again. But anyway is your fix different than

?

Holy shot I haven’t heard of that game in decades. I had it on PC, really weird little game. It used to creep my sister out as he looks like Chucky.

Attached: F3A680F7-5DE3-4AE4-A570-47F3AFE06370.jpg (800x600, 78K)

yes, it's being stretched
yes, my fix is different i don't ahve the final exe right now
wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values
start here, you have to edit the resolution values to your liking but also the aspect ratio value: look for this AB AA AA 3F this is the common 4:3 value change it for this: 39 8E E3 3F this is 16:9, don't forget to back up your exes

Change the 800 and 600 values for a 16:9 resolution values too
use the already existing wsgf guide for this part

Evil Twin had amazing atmosphere and some really strange textures

Attached: wut.png (1280x1024, 1.57M)

Try Oni please
Or Sudeki

Aha. Ok I found that value in the exe file so I'll play around with changing it. Thanks for this.

>how can I run HP 1-3 on Win10?
They should run out of the box, only thing I've noticed was a minor graphical glitch in regards to transparent textures I think? there was a black box around some of them.
This blog site had a good step by step guide on running the game, and some files to fix the issue
>Sorcer's stone
fdossena.com/?p=hp1/i.md
>Chamber of secrets
fdossena.com/?p=hp2/i.frag

I wouldn't bother with upping the resolution, the hud/menu becomes offset and unreadable

Attached: broken2.jpg (1024x768, 71K)

igg-games.com/harry-potter-and-sorcerer-stone-pc-free-687214686-download.html

igg-games.com/harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-809115546-secrets-free-download.html

igg-games.com/harry-potter-and-the-598813831-prisoner-of-azkaban-free-download.html

These cracks work and preserve the game. No problems so far with these at all. You have to use some weird download site there though, not Google or Mega. Those links are gone. But it works.

god bless you user

That grinning sun is pretty common in 80s Fantasy

Are you Jesus finally coming back to save us all

Attached: yotsubacry.jpg (571x459, 42K)

guys I haven't been doing this that long. thanks for the kind words but I'm just trying to learn here and I'll start uploading somewhere when I have more.

timedwatcher.blogspot.no/2018/12/fallout-1-sex-text-because-sexout-was.html

Attached: 1518064546149.png (640x480, 175K)

lmao