What caused pc gaming to blow up?

>10 years ago
>no relevant games, no normalfags, few ports
>now
>every relevant game is pc exclusive/port/rip off, normalfags galore, basically everything gets ported

Attached: Capture.jpg (1585x767, 240K)

Bethesda game modding and item trading on steam.

>Relevant games
Oh sweetie

7th gen lasting far longer than it should have caused many consolefags to switch to pc

/thread

All those games have some sort of microtransaction in them, because you know that's the only way to make money of pc fats.

2018 was a much better year for ps people. What did we get? Assassin’s Creed and Tomb Raider? Cool games wow thanks, while consolefags got God of War, Spider-Man, RDR2. Am I forgetting something?

'Cause It's D.L.C., it's dynamite
(D.L.C.) and it'll win the right
(D.L.C.) It's a load of bull.
(D.L.C.) watch it explode

Attached: artworks-000089980160-olvg3v-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 74K)

The best sellers on console this gen have been cod/fifa every year with the exception of pubg.

>What did we get?
The best game of the year.

Attached: 1545154937933.png (400x536, 13K)

So what? I prefer single player games, I don’t care what sells the most

>RDR2
its a multiplat. xbox x is the superior version.

Yeah and most normalfags don't give a shit.

It’s not on pc anyway. I said consolefags and not psfags for a reason, user

Normalfags dont play video games. They watch netflix, crunchyroll, drink alcohol and find animated sitcoms hilarious and reality cooking shows compelling.

Attached: 1551523956682.png (825x960, 775K)

What caused it was the explosion of reddit and the damn PCMR meme that was started here. So many fucking idiots buying pre-builts and the retarded "budget" PCs they suggest that had duel cores.

Attached: 1550715499954.jpg (500x375, 139K)

then why did you mention spider man and god of war only? where are switch multiplats

I don’t really care about Nintendo games.
Does it even matter? My point was that 2018 was a bad year for pc in terms of single-player games

Consoles fucked up, the Xbox/PS3 generation disillusioned everyone, open media like youtube diminished the extreme importance of heavy marketing budget, kickstarter and early access opened the way for mid-level development, and ABOVE ALL, Steam massively opened up. All of that resulted in PC regaining importance it had before the big rise of the console garbage.

In terms of AAA single player games. Considering that almost every AAA single player game is now a cinematic open world it's no big deal.

It became the cutting edge for graphics; consoles fell ridiculously behind PC
Steam made games affordable
Modding
A few smash hits that are best played on PC

Nothing wrong with dual cores 3-10 years ago, single core performance was and sometimes still is king.

minecraft.

Is this actually good?
I'm always a little wary of story driven games, though Papers, Please was great

>tfw I married and normalfag and had a normalfag kid with her

Attached: ren.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

Unless you hate detective games or games that want you to work things out on your own, yes

10 years ago:
>actual valve games like tf2, gmod, HL2dm, cs:source
>people excitedly waiting for starcraft 2
>everything was on steam
>way less soulless corporate influence
>no huge e-celebs, people making videos were humble and did it for free, they had a passion for it.
>no cancerous politics in video games
>community servers
>machinima was a genre

Pc gaming now:
>ESPORTS ESPORTS ESPORTS
>everything is an E-whoring contest now, most e-celebs are people make a living off of high quantity low quality videos, made without effort.
>nobody has made any real machinima of note in years
>twitch is the only thing people give a fuck about
>get banned for saying something mean
>cancerous politics, chinese influence, greed and a lack of passion ruin games before they are even published
>community servers are a thing of the past, no one uses a mic anymore.
>last valve game: artifact. Anyone else remember that "game"?
>massive normie and corporate influence in gaming
>games are increasingly closed off to modding

Attached: IMG_20181123_091711.jpg (499x357, 28K)

Normies ruin everything.

Ross is going to save machinima with that feature length film.
But I agree with everything you said.

Going from left to right, starting at the top
>Awful shit
>Meme genre game
>Awful shit for kids
>Derrivative awful shit
>Not a game
>an actual video game
>a bad FPS
>an actual video game, kinda shit aiming though
>???
>a fucking card game
>awful shit
>mmo which should've died a decade ago
It's fucking harrowing what PC has become. I remember a time when Enemy Territory was popular, or some of the older Tribes games, or Dawn of War, etc. This is just sad.

Attached: 1543934809461.png (994x539, 339K)

PC has always been there, the first videogame ever was on pc

As for gaming? Intel, amd and nvidia got good and now gaming PCs are cheaper than ever

Meh twitch streamers with multiplayer trash

>and now gaming PCs are cheaper than ever

That's a bad thing though. The less normies ruining pc with their esports spam the better.

console players have games to play. Pc gamer dont. Thats why they watch other players play games

>normalfags
>crunchroll

user...

>I'm a retarded cuck the post

Attached: ps4 and pc.png (408x842, 34K)

Jesus, this thread is full of people who - on top of being completely retarded actually don't know the FIRST THING about last twenty years in the industry. This fucking hurts.
Games, you faggots, are the ONLY thing you are supposed to know at least a little about. It's the SOLE fucking justification for your sorry existence, and you are fucking retarded about them as well. How is it even possible to be THIS much of a failure?

Yep... Red Dead Redemption 2 will come to the PC just like the first game... any time soon...

I will yes, but it's a shit game, just like every Rockstar games. I'd be much more hyped for more Yakuza games than this trash.

wtf sonygros told me PC gaming was dead

>I-It's shit anyway!!!
COPE

Is this whole thread written by pajeets? What the fuck is going on.

yes my name is rajeesh

digital marketplaces, PCs easier to build than ever

F,,,,,FORTNITEBROS.......................

I'm soon 29. After the PS3 jumped on PC because of the horrendous price/quality ratio of consoles still got a WiiU lol

I guess it's 1 factor in the fact that there's more people like me who dumped money into PC since 10 years buying "quality".

But then again you got the whole F2P cluster who's dumping even more money.

>More console kiddo grows up and become smarter
>Gets a PC
>Have Kids, get their child a PC
>Help red-pill incels about the advantage of PC
>Market sees growing numbers
>More games for PC

Retard. At least use a good game if you're gonna shitpost. Your shitty console is worthless and the only games worth it are Judgment and the Kenshiro game. Your RDR2 game is shit.

Steam unironically.
Nu-pc players wont remember how it was before

>console babies are HUEs
tune in for more news at 11

you must be 18+ and not a brainlet to post here,
most of the shit you typed under PC gaming now is not even related to gaming itself.

97, keep seething

>most of the shit you typed under PC gaming now is not even related to gaming itself.

Give me some examples how it isn't

Valve convinced the major publishers to release games on PC. They spend a lot of time and effort doing this.

>seething
Read my post retard. If you're gonna try to make me rage talk about Judgement, not this SJW shit.

Gaming and machinima ????

irrelevant E-thots that only degenerate watches

twitch...?? what about it

get banned for saying somthing mean is not "PC related

even caring about valve or even think it was one of the greatest developers

no mic, go visit that tranny discord

games increasing closed off to modding only if you want the online experience, games are forever moddable

also non of this crap you've provided answer to OP, seems like you're just here to do your rant

what game is this pic?

Looks like shadowrun, but I don't know which of them exactly.

Shadowrun Hong Kong.

Esports and twitch

>I only want the games i like to be popular REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Muh memeoriess
>The state of PC GAMIN AHHHHHH

KYS retard

>Not answering OPs questions
>Starts ranting about shit that makes muh feels bad
>unrionically seeing gaming through a normies eye and rants about the state of gaming

This thread show how Yea Forums can always go off topic like the fucking autist they are.

Go away boomer

>every relevant game is pc exclusive/port/rip off,

Attached: athur.jpg (225x225, 7K)

seething and console-pilled

Sounds like you need to take your meds. Most of the shit you wrote is about vidya.

It's about vidya and shit surround vidya, which part is related to PC gamin you brainlet

rdr2 is big, but doesn't even compare to that twitchshit