BOTW IS HIGHLY OVERRATED

destructoid.com/breaking-down-why-breath-of-the-wild-is-highly-overrated-452329.phtml

Attached: IMG_5538.jpg (739x415, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/breaking-down-why-breath-of-the-wild-is-highly-overrated-452329.phtml
zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Breath_of_the_Wild
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>two years to the day and you're still making botw shitposting threads

are you telling me....people on this website don't like breath of the wild??? who knew???

isn't every game though.

Cool, I'll be having fun playing some more of it while you bitch about it on the internet.

Way to miss the big picture of the game. Game has charm out of the ass, but you shouldn't expect that charm to come in the same parameters as previous Zelda titles given how much was subverted. To say an example, enemy behaviour was revamped so deeply that they became more like actual characters and less like brain dead obstacles that only ever react to the player in an actively hostile way. Yes, there's less of them, but the few there are got 10x the care and attention.

I appreciate that it's worth mentioning what was lost in the way, but those were planned sacrifices commited to the big picture of something different.

Attached: welp.jpg (500x407, 35K)

That widely beloved game Haha it's actually shit here are some convoluted reasons why ok gamernation poke that like smash that bell and hit up my Patreon for dick pics

BotW is the only game I've seen where people still claim is in its "honeymoon phase" and that 1 or 2 years later people would suddenly wake up from a trance to realize it's overrated. Instead people still think it's one of the best games of all time. Not even RDR2 came close and rockstar spent a fortune and 8 years on that game

Eh, I still enjoy it and while I do think it's overrated in some aspects (definitely needs more content aside from shrines and monster camps in the overworld), I like the change and hope they do better in the next mainline Zelda game.
Overrated doesn't mean the game is bad. Nothing wrong with enjoying a popular game.

Attached: __izayoi_sakuya_touhou_drawn_by_warugaki_sk_ii__693a6ed3805d98487cce55d11c4ffb80.jpg (1032x731, 658K)

>BOTW
>OVERRATED
And water is wet.

this will inevitably be the most intelligent post in this thread

days hours minutes since

>Destructoid
>Click-bait articles

LMFAO did you make this thread after getting BTFO in the other BotW thread? How pathetic.

Attached: 1550736453676.gif (375x375, 179K)

>shitty gaming websites fallen so low they basically mimic Yea Forums

Certainly, but a fun game none the less.
Solid 8/10

\thread
But anons will keep bitching and moaning because hur hur game you like is terrible.

Hm everyone seems to like this game but actually I am the only smart person who can see the truth of why they actually DIDN'T like it

fifth post best post

>literally grasping at straws so hard you link some random game journalist's clickbait article
It's been two years and you people still haven't gotten over it

Is the Hebra great skeleton meant to be this fucking hard to find? I don't want any spoilers, and I already know it's meant to be in a cave. I just want to know whether it's in an obvious place or not.

BoTW nailed the whole "adventure" thing to an extent that i haven't really experienced in any game before. I actually had fun exploring the landscape, something i haven't done in a while. Once it was explored of course, the game ultimately lacked any content.

If they manage to bring forward some of the mechanics, and general sense of exploration to the next mainline, i believe they could end up making something REALLY good. Imagine the best of BoTW gameplay, but with more development time to spend on dungeons.

>Destructoid telling something is overrated
Just like their site.

No game made Yea Forums its bitch as hard as BotW it seems.
Both it and Bloodborne are my games of the generation.
Let's try to redeem this shit thread by posting good art, screenshots and having some actual discussion i.e.

Attached: _kirby_and_link_kirby_series_super_smash_bros_and_the_legend_of_zelda_drawn_by_sayoyonsayoyo_2ff77fb (800x660, 96K)

Look at kanye wests daughter part of the map.

It involves pushing a snowball based on what I remember

It's funny that you say that, because the dude said the skeleton was north-west in Hebra, and so I spent over an hour scanning the north-western part of Hebra. Then I realized he just meant the north-western part of the map in general, and that it could be anywhere else in Hebra.

>No game made Yea Forums its bitch as hard as BotW it seems.
Ahem.

Attached: 1547494641206.png (1920x1080, 3.18M)

>Zelda is now open-world and Pokémon is now linear
When did everything turn upside-down?

Zelda was open world on the NES.
Pokemon was never open world.

>Destructoid
Top yikes

whatever makes you sleep at night OP

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-02 20-18-21.png (1920x1080, 3.79M)

this.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-02 20-23-22.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

unnff nooo stop playing the game i like without paying nooooo

dude it's a switch screenshot. I just used my capture card and changed values of brightness and slight saturation.

nah, i can tell by the pixels it ain't

BotW can't be overrated because there are not high enough praises for it. Just like with The Last Of Us.

But such is the life of games that are not on PC

Attached: 1545861361698.jpg (600x800, 84K)

here's proof

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-00-17.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

do you want me to stream it for you?

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 10-45-51.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

go ahead, amigo

twitch /anonbruv

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 10-46-29.png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

It was fine. I didn't pay for it (emulated on pc). It was pretty enjoyable while it lasted, but it's definitely not a game I'm ever going to replay. Just collecting all of that stuff all over again, doing boring quests again, unlocking the towers all over again, just seems like a big chore to get into again. Also, collecting the korok seeds is mildly autistic.

But hey, atleast I got to play it with higher res and framerate than the switch cucks got to. That itself is enjoyable.

for it to have s 98 on metacritic i was pretty disappointed

>calling your horse Zelda
but why

how?

How the fuck am I supposed to emulate this game? Where do I get the stuff?

Attached: confused slutty girl.png (466x552, 197K)

i ain't clicking that shit nigga

idk man it was just the first thing considering it was the white horse. I'm still waiting to get a better horse.

BotW is good, but it could be better.
But just because something could be better doesn't mean it's shit.

If you go in to ANYTHING expecting "10/10 best thing ever" you will be disappointed no matter what.

Don't you have the GIANT HORSE?

All the screenshots I've got saved are old ones from the Wii U version

Attached: WVW69kVxQzESb4TJoX.jpg (800x450, 56K)

nah not yet. Started playing 3 days ago.

Attached: 2.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)

ATOSECONDS

are silver and gold lynels master mode only? i've yet to see one, but i'm not forking up money for the dlc

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-11-00.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

gold ones are, silver ones aren't

Hope you get it user
Gold ones are Master Mode only but Silver ones can be encountered in normal mode

Attached: WVW69kVxV7Q2FcMbj6.jpg (800x450, 62K)

>Give game perfect score
>Complain its overrated

Sweet

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-12-34.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>3 years later and still salty
u niggas need to let it go.

you believe it now mista

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-16-49.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

Attached: WVW69kJblFA2UGNu8S.jpg (800x450, 60K)

>A BOTW thread that isn't just a bunch of idiots getting at each other's throats and posting the same images and WEBMs
Good job, keep it up for today.

Attached: way.jpg (640x640, 88K)

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-02 16-34-18.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

only if you go kill ganon with the master sword

fuck i have to get the hearts and then find the master sword then.

Oh, and just to add something about the difficulty of the game. Not a single fight in the game was difficult (to me). Not a single Lynel required any complex strategy or good reactions. Final boss was laughably easy. Seriously takes 3 minutes first try.

we doing vah medoh now boyos
twitch /anonbruv

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-22-51.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Who is best boy and why is it Teba

I don't know if anyone knows this but you can have multiple Epona clones
If you have multiple amiibo that summon her that is. I found out after getting my TP Link amiibo despite already having the Smash Bros Link amiibo

Attached: FB_IMG_1551612222258.jpg (1137x640, 48K)

That score would imply the best game ever made.
Its not even the best Zelda.
Its not even the best Switch game.

>That score would imply the best game ever made
Nah, that depends on your criteria for the best game ever. A game can be flawless, doesn't mean it's the best.

for that user who was watching, stream is back up

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-29-11.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

i gotta go anyway

My fucking African American brother, have my children

It literally has the best score of all time.
Thats how scores work.
The higher the better.
Thats why they suck benis

>It literally has the best score of all time.
No, fuck off
>Thats how scores work.
See above. Scores are superficial indicators of how good a game is. They're qualitative at best.

stop.
you're both idiots arguing over this shit. Go do something productive that makes you happy.

Attached: 3.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

Give me a break m8, I was just calling out bullshit. There are plenty of games with higher average ratings than botw's 97/100

I'm telling you to give yourself a break. Zero point in discussing ratings.

What games do you enjoy user?

Not so much Yea Forums bitching as literally everyone, in that case.

I'm playing BotW right now, trying to find the fukken great skeleton in the snowy area.

iirc it's in a cave somewhere. It's hidden in a low area.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-42-33.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

>literally all the arguments are n-not m-m-m-m-m-m-m-muh zelda
Good. Pre BOTW zelda games were universally trash.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-46-49.png (1920x1080, 2.94M)

I love the aesthetics of this game.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-48-29.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

I agree

Attached: FB_IMG_1551612228193.jpg (1137x640, 72K)

and the champions ghost like appearance is so damn neat. I love it. I love the colors in this game.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-50-05.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-42-13.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

Yeah, it isn't my favorite game, but it is still a great one

Attached: FB_IMG_1551612233434.jpg (1137x640, 50K)

Why do they make the game look so bad? Is it cheaper?

>make a 100 polygon model
>make a 100,000,000 polygon model
Which do you think would take longer?

The fact this game is two years old now and people still argue about it on a daily basis all but proves it's a masterpiece.

Nope, it's full price

This
Also, I think every puzzle was designed in such a way you could complete it if it were the first one you came across. Having some structure to shrines would have allowed them to build upon and compound more mechanics.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 13-18-58.png (1920x1080, 3.05M)

Yet Destructoid gave it a 10/10 in the review

Its like when Gamespot re-reviewed Bioshock Infinite

Be honest at the time you fucks

T W O Y E A R S

what would happen if Yea Forums went an entire 24 hours without arguing about BotW

would people die?

It would be extremely painful

So where was this cocksucker when that piece of 5/10 trash came out?
Where were all its critics who are slowly coming out of the woodwork to rightfully shit on it and point out its massive and glaring flaws?
This is why video game bloggers aka "journalists" are a fucking joke.

No one outside this board had the guts and the dick and the balls to call this piece of shit out for being all around mediocre piece of shit. They were all too busy sucking Nintendo's dick and comparing it to the return of Jesus Christ.

I won't even give this trash site a click.

Attached: how to spot a botw shitter.png (1201x896, 789K)

No wonder no one bothers buying magazines anymore, who the fuck would pay to read all this garbage?

>To say an example, enemy behaviour was revamped so deeply that they became more like actual characters and less like brain dead obstacles that only ever react to the player in an actively hostile way. Yes, there's less of them, but the few there are got 10x the care and attention.
Botw shitters are genuinely subverted and brainwashed corporate $hillbots. They truly 100% believe what they parrot.

Attached: we want the Nintentoddler audience!.webm (640x360, 1.54M)

No shit?

Why is this enemy more stupid than zelda 1 enemies?

for Wii U

Bought this game a year ago (it was actually a birthday present). It's a good game but honestly it's just too big and... empty. The technology is impressive, especially since it runs on the switch. The gameplay is fun, combat is good, all the different skills and combination of things you can use to your advantage in combat is really fun. The problem is that the content is way too spread out. You literally spend a huge amount of time just walking around doing nothing, or coming across the same copypasted enemy outposts and shrines. Once in a while you might find some interesting sidequest or shrine puzzles, but more often than not it's the same trite shit.

They should have just scaled it down 10x in size and made it more compact overall, but the muh open world meme generation is real.

I haven't finished it yet, I play like for a few hours every couple of weeks when I just want to chill, and the game is really good for that. It's a good game, but honestly it could've been so much more.

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

because in comparison, zelda 1 was back then easier to program the AI and how they move and behave in relation to the players actions, this isn't the same.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 13-22-34.png (1920x1080, 3.11M)

Would have been better with dungeons/temples

Or go full MM and have an interconnected quest system, if you're going to go full open world, at least put in interesting quests.

Shrines were boring after you cleared your first handful.

Attached: boredlink.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Attached: 1E92628C-97FE-4B02-97A4-8B67A0261AD7.jpg (754x913, 109K)

>writing a whole fucking article when you just need the word "durability" instead

>posting 2 year old articles

Attached: 363463676.jpg (700x913, 109K)

Imma take the bait. Name me one game where enemies do all this
>eat
>sleep
>talk and mingle with each other
>avoid environmental hazards and obstacles
>use any available weapon in the environment
>light wooden weapons and arrows on fire when fire is present
>react if you steal their weapon from you
>throw rocks when they don't have a ranged weapon
But no your cherrypicked webm is obviously more convincing than that

Attached: DnH71ICVYAAZCdr.jpg (470x763, 62K)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NINTENDO'S GENERATION

Attached: 13657546711058205.jpg (808x805, 45K)

>2017-08-05

Why did you name your file like that

if you're asking that question then you already know the answer fireden stalker.

I don't stalk any archives, I just have an Unix timestamp fetish

>overrated
>stop liking what i don't like so much
>stop liking what i like more than i do

Attached: fun is the enemy.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>destructoid.com/breaking-down-why-breath-of-the-wild-is-highly-overrated-452329.phtml

IT's because this game is such shit that people can't drop it.

It's been two fucking years, let it go. I have touched nor cared about the game for more than a year now, and yet you're still here still being mad.
It's unhealthy user, you're going to die faster if your life is nothing but salt, I'm worried about you.

People often forget that a game cannot be good if it's bloated with mechanics and ideas. Breath of the Wild Quality comes from it's understanding of what it is and what it's trying to achieve.

The maker understood the game was a single playthrough experience, they understood that the approach to puzzle must feel unique to the player, they understood story was secondary and would force linearity if built normally.

at some point you have to accept that some people have criticisms of BotW
or just keep spamming pasta like an idiot

Attached: 1549974989368.jpg (698x1482, 198K)

Everything in BoTW was basically designed that way. Even the endboss. It was a concious design decision which worked pretty well for what they were going for.

>shitposting is criticism now
Show me a single example of genuine criticism ITT.

wow that took 2 seconds

>cherrypicking some images on youtube is criticism

yeah, as I thought. more deflection

>b-but my image
Show me a genuine example of criticism of fuck off

*or

It didn't. I expect a game to grow alongside the player, instead in BotW you repeat the tutorial over and over again.

pretty realistic huh? What you learn in school and at home you use all the time for the rest of your miserable life.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-49-38.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

you can start by adressing any of the points in his pic. it's not even mine
btw all my favorite games have flaws. even some major ones. I have no problem admitting this and can accept why people might not enjoy them.
just some food for thought if you want to actually take anything from this conversation beside your antisocial >fuck off

Not that user, but real criticism are saying real issue that people can actually get into am argument and to see if they agree or not. That is literally cherry picking, in fact, he is not even talking about the game, he is talking about gaming journalist. Here is a real criticism: I dislike the weapon durability because it mean I can't use my favorite weapon all the time and make weapon hoarding a thing.

so BotW is supposed to be a realistic sim and mirror our mundane lives? probably the worst defense I've seen here in a while

which was implied by the picture if you look to the top-right. it's just more inflammatory than this board can apparently handle; could be said better but oh well

Don't ask me. You didn't like the game and you choose to look at it like that. You're maybe more suited for jrpg and maybe some rpgs that aren't zelda.

Way to miss the big picture of the game. Game has charm out of the ass, but you shouldn't expect that charm to come in the same parameters as previous Zelda titles given how much was subverted. To say an example, enemy behaviour was revamped so deeply that they became more like actual characters and less like brain dead obstacles that only ever react to the player in an actively hostile way. Yes, there's less of them, but the few there are got 10x the care and attention.

I appreciate that it's worth mentioning what was lost in the way, but those were planned sacrifices commited to the big picture of something different.

No, it wasn't.

Ignore this.

Botw is actually fun. Something most games can’t say.

Why is any of this relevant? Noticing those things didn't make the enemies any more fun to fight over a billion times.

he's just criticizing the criticism of the criticism.

>BOTW IS HIGHLY OVERRATED
all 3D Zeldas are

mediocre shit like TP and SS are 6/10 games without the Nintendo Bonus

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-48-45.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

Games like these aren't even properly reviewed before their predictable score gets thrown out. It's all about the brand.

It's just like shit such as Uncharted, The Last of Us or whatever naughty dog shits out. Does anyone have ANY doubt that TLOU II is gonna receive the highest amount of 10/10s out there regardless of the game's shortcoming? They literally lied about features when showcasing the first one, saying the AI had this "balance of power" schlock and the final product had one of the dumbest fucking AI I've seen in any game ever.

There's just this hivemind that you simply cannot go against and point out that the emperor is actually naked unless you want everyone going for your throat. Critcizing certain games has become taboo due to their rabid fanbases.

Just watch.

It's an amusing tech demo, sure. Maybe in the sequel they can put an actual game in it.

It does though. Enemies in different layouts weapons and tactics tends make it far more fun. Plenty of games only have humans for enemies but that doesn't stop you from creating unique situations.

Since when Zelda has been those things before BotW? Saying Zelda isn't suited to him because he didn't like BotW is disingenuous.

I was referring to botw but yes. thanks.

Every time I fought the 3 enemies in the game the same shit happened. I beat them until they die and get fuck all for doing so. I don't understand.

all nintendo games are, how is this news?

if you're so scared of people pointing out you reposting the same image over and over again then maybe you shouldn't repost the same fucking image over and over again

I just found it slightly boring. I explored loads but never really found anything that made the exploration worthwhile. Maybe I'm just missing something or maybe I simply expected more life in the game world. I just wish there was more going on.

Often in games I get the feeling that I'm missing things if I don't run around fully and look in every nook and cranny...with BOTW I never got that feeling. I just hit a point where I'd look at a rock formation or woodland and just think "There's probably nothing there".

game does that. So many missed opportunities. At best it's a korok or some shitty ore.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 15-25-44.png (1920x1080, 3.48M)

Exactly what I felt. I'm completely unable to understand why people enjoy exploring so much having so little to actually uncover.

Say it with me: OBSESSED

I don't explore much after realising what user realized. Now I just go places to see the scenery.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-02 20-19-29.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

People who find the exploration exciting are people who weigh intrinsic rewards above extrinsic rewards. They want to see everything because it makes them feel good, not because it's rewarding.

But videogames are a visual medium and they SHOULD be rewarding, whenever you do a thing you should absolutely get some kind of return on investment. There's literally no reason why people have to resort to pretzel logic to convince themselves they're having fun, they should actually be having fun.

Attached: 1494233161276.png (761x969, 290K)

I go hiking if I want to do that.

Zelda wasnt open world
You NEEDED certain shit to progress normally.

BOTW you get everything you NEED to beat Ganon on the plateau.

>more sales mean better game
>higher reviews mean better game

You must love Minecraft, huh?

Attached: ZELDASTONETOSS.jpg (1000x1000, 190K)

user I'm in a wheel chair and my friends don't always have the time to help me out outside of the city..

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-02 20-22-25.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

>Overrated

Meaningless buzzword spouted by spineless retards who can't articulate why they think something is bad, so they settle with saying too many people like it instead.
Not that I even disagree with the sentiment, mind, I'd probably give BotW about a 6 or 7.

Archers are bad at cIose combat against a sword and shieId user. Who wouId have thought!

What a fucking loser. Imagine being so disabled that you need external sensory impulses to guide your sense of adventure. Every time you want to feel fresh air you need to go outside in the wilderness where there's absolutely nothing but order and reason. Moss grows north, rats burrow deep, and the sky is blue. Nothing interesting or chaotic happens in nature. Imagine being so contrived as to believe the wilderness is some composite environment where randomness and chance are at fair play, giving the human intellect a provisional jouissance that is unparalleled.

I understand it now. Everyone playing BotW is wheelchair bound.

double digit IQ post

>enemy sees you
>they attack you on auto-pilot
>you kill them
>they drop item

explain to me how this is ‘care’ put into them or whatever the fuck and somehow different from previous Zelda enemies

>Once it was explored of course, the game ultimately lacked any content.

>Once I did all the things, there were no things left to do
Wow, profound.

Breath of the Wild was one of the absolute best out of all of my gaming experiences over the last 20 years. I bought a Wii U JUST for this game and it was worth it 100%. Plus I'm getting to experience the other vastly underrated Wii U games that are out there now

I just don't understand why Yea Forums has become so toxic., particularly against BotW and RDR2. I guess Yea Forums as a whole just collectively hates anything that doesn't focus on young anime gals and a stupid highschool level plot.

Attached: tryforce.png (1017x785, 462K)

Nobody cares about destructiod after Jim Sterling left

Yeah, this thread only had one opinion.

OH NO NO NO NO....NOT MARCH 2019....

Attached: 1518008389659.jpg (700x913, 131K)

SEETHING

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 9K)

It’s not that I did all the things to do, it’s that upon exploring I discovered that there was actually nothing to do and realised how empty the world really is

Chiming in on this post, red Bokoblins are the most brain dead enemies in the game. They have the slowest reaction times, do the least damage and awareness of any enemy in Breath of the Wild. Keese, Octoroks and even Chuchus are smarter than their AI. They're meant to be easy, so you gradually get used to fighting at the beginning of the game. They greatly get tougher, stronger, more aware, more aggressive and smarter as the colors increase in this order

Red

insane

I'm willing to bet everyone writting these articles put 30+ hours into the game.
OH NOOO, the game you spent hours on got boring. Who would of thunk it?

Attached: 1534548221530.png (960x1166, 1.2M)

Exploration for the sake of itself isn't really an intrinsic reward. If someone looked at a mountainside in, say, Skyrim and said to himself "I will reach the top" knowing full well that no mechanic exists that would allow this and that the mountain is supposed to be scenery, then there's an intrinsic reward for 'beating' the games system and doing something despite the limitation placed on the player...they are rewarded with the knowledge that they posed a challenge and then succeeded.

BOTW has no such feeling. You can look at everything and know that it is possible to reach it, because there is an inbuilt mechanic that assures your success. There is no sense that you've 'beaten' the game by going outside its own logic, because the game is designed so that you can do these things. Yes, you COULD climb every mountain range...but realistically there is no point to doing so, as you are neither getting an ingame reward or the sense of accomplishment that may come with working around a games system.

Moss doesn't always grow north.

You can wait for enemies to go to sleep to ambush them, you can sneak up from behind and do that too, enemies higher up have a far greater viewing range and if they spot you will blow a horn to alert all enemies near by to come and attack you. Enemies will actively seek out fires if they have wooden weapons so they can deal additional damage to you, enemies of stronger colours will try to get behind you to attack, often times two will split up and try to pincer you from both sides, some bokoblins have tamed horses and attack you with spears/bows from horseback while riding at high speeds. They will pick up and kick bombs you throw at them, they'll eat food you drop near by and they actually recover health from this, they'll pick up dead enemies weapons and shields to fight you with.

If you'd played the game you'd know this and a lot more before shit posting about it

Maybe the game isn't for you user. And that's okay.

Attached: stop-it-get-some-help.gif (480x358, 1.14M)

What a bad example. Skyrim does that really awfully

Way to abstract my meaning and go for the overall message there. I can really see your Ivy League college paid off, what with you being able to interpret Shakespeare in under .4 milliseconds. Metaphor is no conflict for you.

I own and have played the game twice, so fuck you, I know what I’m talking about, you don’t, BotW is shit

You're too smart for this place, leave while you can.

My point was that in Skyrim the mechanics limit a players ability to traverse the world. If you go off-road and decide "Fuck it, I am going over that mountain rather than around it" you get the reward of ignoring the games inbuilt system and accomplishing your goal, and in doing so you may end up attacking an enemy position from a route not intended by the developer, because they put limitations in place to prevent you from doing so. This doesn't exist in BOTW.

>That's okay
>Aonuma said every Zelda from this point forward will be just like BotW
No, it isn't okay. They've made my second favorite franchise into another Ubisoft game. I'm tired of this shit.

None of those things are impressive or things that don't exist in many other games.

He'll be back tomorrow. Leaving isn't the problem.

>two fucking years and still buttblasted
>destructoid as a source of valid criticism
user stop hurting yourself and go play videogames instead, do you play videogames right?

Yes, you COULD climb every mountain range...but realistically there is no point to doing so, as you are neither getting an ingame reward or the sense of accomplishment that may come with working around a games system.
you didn't play the game, didn't you?

Is there any game that made Yea Forums seethe more than botw did?

Who cares when they're easy as fuck?
Who cares when they're programed to do so much extra shit, they can't even do combat appropriately like in the WebM
And Witcher characters do much of what you said
Even Skyrim characters

im giving up on arguing against this game, im on the wrong side of the philosophical dichotomy. Nintendo doesn't need to make games with clear points and goals and objectives with rewards, they just need to make playgrounds for people to make up their own games and create their own version of fun. Personally if i got to make my own fun i'd rather just masturbate to hardcore pornography instead of playing in a themepark singleplayer game but that's just me.

Attached: 1486526174111.png (571x689, 179K)

It’s simple, BotW is a Zelda game for people who have never played a Zelda game before but love the idea of it, because it’s *not* a Zelda game

BotW is one of the most 'Zelda' games ever made. Its great to see Nintendo recapture the spirit of the original game. Zoomers get fucked.

Attached: Duj30PhXgAAJN.jpg (659x659, 331K)

>it’s *not* a Zelda game

OOOPS!

Then try Ubisoft games, you'll love them

>it's not a zelda game
>it captures the original spirit of legend of zelda

heh

I did. I don't see what is incorrect there. Maybe you'll find a Korok Seed, which is largely pointless given that there's 900 and you only need 441 to max out. Why can't BTOW fans just accept that some people don't consider this game to be a 10/10?
I never even said I didn't like the game, but anything less than fanatical praise is seen to be heretical and Nintendo fans start frothing at the mouth.

Some people play games and (shockingly) don't always find them to be everything people crack them up to be.

Destructoid also gave BOTW a 10/10.

>"you know if you squint your eyes and view the game this way it's 10/10.
When a game wants you to change your approach, it should do it naturally. By telling people you need to change your perspective in order to appreciate it, you admit that game has failed at some level, failing to deliver upon it's core concepts and "message"

Attached: Hedgehog-1.png (748x374, 1.09M)

Yea Forums told me to LIKE botw so I can avoid this guy

>that game has failed at some level, failing to deliver upon it's core concepts and "message"
Or its just not for you :)

BOTW is the first Zelda game that captivated me enough to play to the end. I tried many times to get into OoT but it just bored me to tears.

I'm hoping BOTW has a perfect mesh of traditional Zelda and BOTW's free form open world interactivity to make everyone happy

Attached: kimjongil_alt.jpg (350x350, 26K)

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 16-07-04.png (1920x1080, 3.57M)

I haven't played this game since launch a like long enough to get the Majora's mask when the DLC hit.
I didn't do any of the other DLC, and never finished the Goron section.
Should I just play from where I left off, or start a new file?

Attached: 1322781586795.jpg (398x342, 35K)

>Liking modern garbage and calling other people zoomers

It's called a sandbox game, dipshit. Also you get the main objective at the beginning of the game. Just because it's not linear on rails doesn't make it bad lol

Homogenization of the franchise right here. Open the gates for lowest common demonstre.

More like litter box

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it garbage

Zelda was never a hipster franchise what are you even crying about here

I'm just sick of the open world meme. Nintendo is shit at it, Ubisoft is shit at it, Rockstar is shit at it...all companies are shit at it.
Recently all I want to play is things like Dragons Crown, Darkest Dungeon, Spyro, Resident Evil...shit with levels and progression.

So bored of this Open World crap.

Why do you type like a zoomer?

>gate keeping on a massively popular incredibly famous franchise that normies and children have been playing for decades

thats gonna get a yikes from me, pal

Attached: kim jong un disgusted.jpg (970x1117, 63K)

then don't play them lol.

>maybe it's just not for you :))))
yeah, we know and that fucking sucks because there's no way they're ever moving away from this formula after the ridiculous success it showed, zelda as we knew it is dead forever and you expect everyone to just be okay with that

just trying to present my message in a way you'd understand, sweetie :)

No that's Majora's Mask.

Jesus Christ

No one's saying it's impressive you illiterate retard, they're saying the combat doesn't exist when it clearly does

I don't. I'm waiting for companies to just stop making these meme games and focus on single player level based games.

Oh yay, you made a game world that take 20 minutes to traverse in real life? What's in it? Nothing? YAY!

sucks for you anyway, maybe if your taste improved a little bit lol

I am a huge Zelda fan, I bought a switch just to play it, the game is ok, the story is really really bad, and not having temples kinda suck, and ganon fight was dissapointing.

The gameplay is very good, and the exploration.

Overall I would rather play Spirit tracks or Phantom Hourglass to be honest

Playing right now btw

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.06M)

You know you can like BOTW and acknowledge that there's a lot of room for improvement. Bringing back dungeons for a start.

Attached: 1351655570974.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Attached: 1515075410818.png (1200x800, 688K)

autists do tend to respond better to structure :P

Nintendkiddy getting mad that people aren't praising his dated combat AI

Attached: 1444437639421.jpg (366x401, 54K)

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

SEETHING

Attached: 1522782513284.png (718x807, 1.21M)

I don't own that piece of garbage, you cocksucking slut.

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Just recently started playing this game, and I just feel amazingly disappointed. It's not fun when the environments are boring as hell, you have no real sense of direction, the quests aren't engaging, most enemies can kill you in one or two hits, and the graphics leave a lot to be desired.

In short, playing BOTW made me revisit the classics with a new appreciation.

Yeah, that’s why.

Not because you are seething or anything...

imagine having the courage to say this on an anonymous online weeb board

Attached: 1550684926187.png (2287x1542, 2.07M)

At least you got something positive out of the experience. OOT to TP are kino for me now more than ever.

uh huh lol

Attached: 1550686502502.jpg (1697x1200, 836K)

I just started playing BotW last week for the first time. It's genuinely one of the best adventure games I've ever played on any system.

Imagine crying about a game that came out 2 years ago for a console you don't own or even care about, what a sad life one must live with hate for a game from a company you can't stand on the brain 24/7

I liked it but it's not nearly as good as Nintendo fans want people to think, they try to push it as a reason to buy a switch but it's really nowhere near worth buying a console over lol.

and just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad so you're just crying over people having different taste from you

>Imagine crying about a game that came out 2 years ago

Yea Forums does it all the time, why get upset over it now?

>hardcore pornography
Your brain's reward system is fucked, that's why you hate video games.

Don't know why you tagged my post, but I need to disagree with you; I simply don't find BOTW fun, especially compared to games like Ocarina & ALttP.

How was the DLC?

I'm mad that you can't read yet you somehow manage to post, that's all. No one praises the combat, it sucks and the enemy variety is abysmal. But to downright try to prove that combat is easy or doesn't exist is a blatant lie. Spam as many smug reaction images and Nintendo slurs at me as you please, but you'll always be wrong. Getting this upset over a game that came out 2 years ago is proof of that already

because it's been nonstop tardseethe

BotW is the Fallout 3 of Zelda. Cross your figures and hope we get NV instead of 4.

Fucking deal with it retard. It's not your game, you aren't entitled to anything.

>just started playing
>environments are boring
>no sense of direction
>quests
>most enemies

you can't have just started playing recently if you have all these opinions already

They are bad. Scores of these empty, bland games that just repeat what little content they have hundreds of times. It's lazy development that retards lap up because it requires no effort or skill to play...just countless hours collecting 900 magical mcguffins and repeating the same 'quest' 50 times. Don't forget to buy the exclusive in-game currency so you can unlock a golden version of some fucking cosmetic.

Different strokes then. I found it rewarding to hit the peak of a mountain to take in the views with a korok seed as a bonus, and then go for a flight or travel all the way to the corner of the Desert or some other corner of the map to be pushed back. I would time to time whip the game out to grab my pony and go for a horseback ride through the grass. For me, I find it all therapeutic and would have been completely satisfied if the game had zero combat. It sort of mirrors my own life as I would go for hour + long hikes down off road trails, walking home from work. I'm not much of an outdoorsy guy but BotW scratches that itch and makes me want to recreate the experience in real life. When I quit my job, I plan to go hiking and return to camping.

Attached: BotW.jpg (760x1050, 403K)

(you)

Attached: diagnosis-butthurt.gif (400x288, 1.9M)

Not him but yes you can, the game is shallow as fuck all of that stuff is obvious within the first 30 mins. Wide as the ocean as deep as a puddle.

>No game made Yea Forums its bitch as hard as BotW it seems.
the entire soulsborne series says hi. so does monster hunter world. and every turn-based jrpg ever made.

>Nintenbabies can't help but get flustered when people don't praise their game

Attached: 1427414340546.jpg (250x251, 16K)

Clearly Zelda is better without music

You sound mentally ill

Just because the game has a lot of collectables doesn't make it bad

>Scores are superficial indicators of how good a game is.
tell that to the botw drones who keep spamming 97 like it's an argument.

It is when that shit is passed off as 'Hours of content'.

I don't see cringe autismal assblast BB threads all the time though

>bitching about the lowest rank of the easiest enemy in the game standing alone on a platform with a basic bow and nothing else being easy to pick off
Not every combat situation in the game is the same as the webm. In fact I'd say you'd be lucky to find any combat situation that is similar to another in BOTW.
Please try to grow a brain next time before opening your mouth

20th century Zelda = SOUL
21st century Zelda = SOULLESS

Attached: Forest Temple.jpg (1066x800, 195K)

you sound mad

but it is hours of content. And it's fun to explore BOTWs map thanks to the gameplay around it. Not every game needs to revolve around clearing story objectives in linear scripted hallways

>Pre BOTW zelda games were universally trash.
yikes! the absolute state of botw drones.
posts like these really show who's overrating botw so much on here: they're all zoomers who never played a zelda game before botw.

To add to this once you start managing multiple enemies at once the combat can get pretty challenging especially if you're trying to conserve food, sure you can't get one-shotted with yellow hearts but multiple attacks can come in quick succession

Yeah, I'm sure those Nintendo fans are butthurt over their 97-rated GOTY.

Meanwhile you have to wake up everyday in a world where BotW is one of the greatest gmes of all time and there's nothing you can do. Its been hysterical watching how traumatised you've been over the past two years. Absolutely HYSTERICAL.

Attached: 1551266585902.jpg (480x360, 19K)

you don't have to shit this out. Just say you like the game for what it is. I love the visuals of this game and definitely just fucking about in the massive world that doesn't limit you where you can go.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-47-22.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

nintendo bonus for ya

Lack of good side-content and cool shit to find were my main complaints. Stuff like the durability and combat became non-issues fairly quickly. I'm not praising them, just saying that it didn't bother me much. Combat is also easily avoidable.

Sounds like you would love RDR2.

sounds like a bunch of pointless gimmicks that don't make up for how braindead the combat is. i see a lot of wasted dev time here that could have gone into putting actual content in the game instead.

When an unfinished game like WW gets a fucking 96, something is definitely fucked.

>nintendo bonus

I love when shitters have to invent a fantasy world to live in because they can't cope with reality.

Extrinsic reward means that you get something tangible out of doing a task. For your Skyrim example, if you did something out of the bounds of the game, that's information of a glitch in the game and that can be bragging rights to the internet.

Intrinsic rewards means you get literally nothing out of it other than satisfaction, you find it in yourself to want and be satisfied with whatever the task is.

> Yes, you COULD climb every mountain range...but realistically there is no point to doing so, as you are neither getting an ingame reward or the sense of accomplishment that may come with working around a games system

This right here is the perfect example of an intrinsic reward of BotW and the fundamental reason why there's so much clashing over BotW; people not understanding and acknowledging those who find the game intrinsically rewarding to play through.

They're basically the same

Attached: 20181108_212133.jpg (796x597, 111K)

botw drones think all criticism is shitposting.

I still haven't played BOTW because I'm poor as fuck but every single thing I read about it makes me lose a little bit more will to actually buy and play it. It sounds like GTA, which is fucked.

I really wanted to think BotW was game of the year that year, but since the last boss left such a bad taste in my mouth I honestly don't look back on BotW in a good light at all. I think I prefer almost every 3D Zelda to it.

>No one praises the combat
How the fuck can you say that when people in this very thread are praising the combat?

>Nintendo slurs
Holy fuck, that's a new one. You're killing me here.

Was there something wrong with the DLC? I never see anyone talk about it.

I get Twilight Princess end-game vibes from the entirety of BOTW. and I fucking hated TP endgame.

>BotW is one of the most 'Zelda' games ever made.
>this is what zoomers actually believe
aonuma just shat out the least "zelda" game in the series. he pretty much made a far cry mod with zelda characters in it.

Attached: 7D5AA103-A3A3-4695-ACC1-7B32419236FF.png (1000x679, 215K)

I suppose it's good to articulate on why I enjoy it so much.

>Sounds like you would love RDR2.
If you're not being facetious, you just put RDR2 on my radar. As long as I have smooth controls, where it feels good to move my character, I can climb what I want, run where I want, I'm good. I suppose I could settle for the lack of a paraglider, as that's part of the cycle of enjoyment for me (Climb to peak -> survey for new target -> Glide a vast distance -> Climb to peak)

Nobody truly believes BOTW is a masterpiece, people only go into this debate for the sake of shitposting and other ones are just fanboys

but is it even worth buying? 80 dollars for disappointment sounds like a bad idea.

I'm the author. People have different opinions. The other retarded soiboys at that site were and are probably still fucking morons

Not worth the price.

so? Yea Forums has been in a state of nonstop tardseethe against sony since 2006. botw is nothing in comparison to that.

Dumb nigger that's stupid!

>combat
The sad thing is that shitters are so desperate to hate the game they will jump on anything which can be twisted as a 'negative' and hammer it into the ground.

Combat in BotW is fine. It does what needs to do. Its simple enough to not overshadow what the rest of the game is designed to be and its open enough to allow players to create their own strategies around their resources, skill and knowledge of the game mechanics. The enemy AI is robust enough to still allow surprises and creativity during combat.

Its fine but shitters are desperate.

Attached: 1524854545350.png (488x463, 28K)

there are STILL threads from autists trying to "destroy bloodborne's legacy" to this day.

the contrarians on this board are having a field day I see. Imho this game and red dead 2 are the only games worth playing in the genre. Get fucked you worthless mouthbreathers.

yes but that was from Sony imploding whereas this is just cope

It's also by far the best combat has ever been in the franchise.

80? no way, 40 is a fair price, but with the dlc.

That's not a response to what I said. You said nobody is praising the combat, then I said people are praising the combat. I don't care about you talking about the combat, I was just pointing out that you were wrong.

what games does Yea Forums like? I used to say vtm:bloodlines but it has even become trendy to shit on that here.

no there isn't only snoyniggers are that obnoxious and they have no reason to shitpost about BB

>Other series
>people don't like highly rated game
>"Okay understandable"
>BOTW
>People don't like highly rated game
>"XD SEETHE COPE LOSER DUMBASS SHITPOSTER HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME"

the gerudo really are something.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 16-46-32.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

BOILING

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 16-48-08.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

If that's actually true then what a pathetic genre this is.

Thank you for proving my point.

TP has the better combat, only it was held back by shit enemies.

>Other series
>occasional hate thread by people who don't like the game
>sometimes people who disagree come in for discussion
>BOTW
>HOLY SHIT IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME YOU ARE WRONG AND IT'S THE WORST GAME EVER MADE AND IF YOU DISAGREE I'LL CALL YOU A SHILL
>repeat for 2 years straight

lol

Attached: 1500082900410.png (669x514, 25K)

BotW has waaaay better controls and travelling (especially the climbing and glider you mentioned) but RDR can be a really nice and pretty nature exploration and camping simulator if that's what you like.

nintendo exclusives, cheap indie shit that can run on a toaster, and old games that are easy to pirate/emulate.

lol cope

Attached: 1510465729672.png (1117x586, 925K)

>not one of 314 posts even attempt to counter any point in the article
ok

Sue thing sweetie

Attached: 8999.jpg (700x913, 109K)

>10 types of enemies
literally lying.
>same 2 enemies everywhere
wait i though you said there was 10 types
>no man's sky 2
sounds you are the kind of braindead people that calls every action game dark souls like
>map only contains shrine and seeds
then why i found a lot more shit.
>breakable weapons
this is the only legit critism. I think that the durability should be tripled or something . Making the weapons unbreakable is not a good solution

I didn't even finish the game. I played it on cemu. But stop lying. It might not be a 10/10 but it shit on most of new gen games.

Attached: 18010357.jpg (429x271, 9K)

meanwhile, in the real world, sony has released two of the best-selling consoles of all time during Yea Forums's tardseethe about them.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Attached: __ladd_russo_baccano_drawn_by_enami_katsumi__56542b64b9fbdd2caec8d93ad95dbbf4.jpg (1000x1171, 157K)

>BotW has waaaay better controls
hmm Debatable

check one of the other daily threads over the past two years ;)

and in the real world Nintendo released two 98 class games for their latest console in its launch year and yet snoyniggers have been trying to cope with that for two years straight

>Bokoblins
>Moblins
>Lizalfos
>Octoroks
>Lynels
>Keese
Are there even other enemies? Lynels are a stretch and Taluses, Hinox, and the skeleton one are minibosses, not enemies.

>TP's slow and rigid combat
>better than anything
Even WW had faster paced combat

Attached: butthurt_of_the_wild.png (700x913, 368K)

GTAIV has a 98.
RDR2 and GTAV have 97s.

It was QTE to win. Fucking Aonuma.

I get so tired of every swing breaking my weapon. Accidentally threwbthebweapon? Haha fuck you it's broken

the difference is that sales figures aren't debatable. review scores, on the other hand, are subjective, arbitrary, and bought.

>THIRD time this image has been posted in the last 10 minutes
Get new fucking material.

>GTAIV has a 98.
All is right with world.

Does matthewmatosis reference this article?

>Zelda good
>western shit bad

what did he mean by that?

Attached: 1536967117573.jpg (604x416, 99K)

If anything, it's underrated.

The fact that it has daily threads 2 years later is incredible and shows how amazing it is. I've never seen a game be given so much attention for so long on Yea Forums.

What game has Nintendo released in 20 years that has a 98? Go on, I'll wait.

and so does breath of the wild :)

OoT was a 9.8/10 game for its time, all the other 3D Zeldas are nowhere near that, TP is 7/10, SS is 6/10 and i'm feeling generous

the Nintendo Bonus is simply too strong in the mainstream media

No matter what game you like, if you are going to defend the position of "this game is perfect, a masterpiece, without flaw and should be heralded as the second coming of christ and should be what all games aspire to be" you have no chance to win the argument

nobody's saying that, it's the asshurt autists who are trying to get everyone to agree that the game is unmitigable trash

Yeah, this is how I feel basically. I LIKED BotW, but it definitely wasn't an amazing masterpiece to me, just a decent game to fuck around with for about 30 minutes or so a day.

They're just mad about the PC version being so much better in every way.

Imagine being from some third-world shithole where your only motivation for waking up each day is to come to a anonymous video game forum on the internet to bitch about the latest Zelda game because the switch costs 1,600.00 in your native currency.

Attached: index.jpg (170x297, 13K)

>The fact that it has daily threads 2 years later is incredible and shows how amazing it is
It’s shitposting dumbass, do you really think Dark Knight Rises is any good because there’s always bound to be a banethread on Yea Forums?

IT'S GOING ON THREE YEARS WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO STOP THINKING ABOUT BOTW RENT FREE EVERY DAY?

Attached: loz__botw___urbosa_and_riju_by_aeridis-dbjyzl6.jpg (774x1033, 131K)

most botw shitposting threads are started by botw drones false-flagging, since it's the only way they can keep their forgettable husk of a game relevant.

Yeah the Prequel trilogy is the pinnacle of Star Wars

Yep. Most kids here are too young the remember the 8.8 debacle. People since then are afraid to give a Zelda game below a 9/10 even when it doesn't deserve such a high score. What happened to Jim Sterling when he gave BOTW a 7/10 only reinforced this fear.

Attached: Shitward Sword.png (413x311, 55K)

LMFAO no it was started by BotW's #1 Seething Shitter after he got BTFO in a another BotW thread today.

BOTW ruins other games for me.
I hate that Nier Automa does not have climbing
Skyrim does not a paraglider
I realize swimming is gay and I rather Ice block hop.

>what's a Wii U?
>what's an emulator?

>The fact that it has daily threads 2 years later is incredible and shows how amazing it is. I've never seen a game be given so much attention for so long on Yea Forums.
Skyrim

You can't possibly have deluded yourself that much. Look at all the articles about how transcending and whatever the game is, and perfect scores.

If you read carefully most critics of the game still admit to liking it in the 7~8 range, just not think it's a masterpiece. And that infuriates people.

I don't even like Jim Sterling, but that was fucking ridiculous. A 7 isn't even bad but people complain about it.

Just Google CEMU and watch a tutorial vid. I am not good at these thing and even I managed it

It's been 2 fucking years and soinies are STILL seething

Attached: 7UH5rIx.png (500x567, 69K)

It's not that people don't like it it's just that their reasoning is almost always either completely flawed or flat out wrong. I think there are plenty of criticisms to be made about it but it seems 90% of it is just consolewar PRETENSHARTS BTFO HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER OHNONO etc. and that's from both sides, too.

Every. Excuse. In. The. Book. ;)
Also Jim Sterling shat on BOTW for the same reasons he praised Horizon Zero Dawn, you Horizon Zero Memory shitter.

lol cope

>Most kids here are too young the remember the 8.8 debacle
What gets is the reviewer who gave said number, gave Wind Waker, an unfinished product clearly rushed out of development, a 9.3.

>The fact that it has daily threads 2 years later is incredible and shows how amazing it is.

it has daily threads 2 years later because it's a great, but flawed 8/10~9/10 game with a near perfect 98 score

sounds even more fishy when you realize other games from this same series are also rated far above their real quality, like Skyward Sword (93)

Just a side note, the NPC's may not look much but their dialogue is always nice. The care that went into each and every one shows.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-02 16-33-49.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

lmao sounds like Metacritic living in your head RENT FREE

There will be consequences.

>they attack you on auto-pilot

That's technically true for any AI, but what I meant is that their scripts are way more complex and numerous per enemy than they ever were for enemies in Zelda games. Now they do stuff on their own even if link is not around, further than idling until they detect your presence. They have itineraries and they are contingent to the game's systems, and when you engage with them there's a whole lot more of variables in which they behave towards you. They react to fire, steal weapons, throw tantrums, etc. Yes, there's times here and there were their IA doesn't work as well as intended, but it's huge leap from any lizalfo from any of the previous games.

some would argue that 8.8 for Twilight Princess is being too generous but tendies still flooded the entire Gamespot site with death threats and demanding that the review the thrown in the trash and redone by someone else.

There it is, the same typical botwfag response to criticism and any form of argumentation.

Zelda was open world before the term open world was even coined.

>The care that went into each and every one shows.
BotW has some the worst characters after SS, strangely enough, brought some of the best character interaction.

I've been thinking about leaving Yea Forums for a while. I've left for some weeks or months before when the time called for it, maybe I'll give this another rest soon. But I'll be back. I love this stupid place too much.

Attached: theend.jpg (1050x679, 38K)

It's just third-worlders who can't cope knowing people enjoy a video game. They don't enjoy any game, they just occupy themselves with shitposting in a vein attempt to distract themselves from their own personal crippling depression. Instead of focusing on improving themselves, why not just fill the time with shitposting, right?

Go learn a hobby, take up a pencil and try your hand at drawing instead!

irony

Mipha fucking sucks.
Daruk is one note.
Revali and Urbosa were entertaining.
Sidon and Riju are the only good replacement champions, the other two aren't memorable at all.

You can get all that shit without completely the dungeon
Hell the best NES mod is literally here’s the ladder here’s the raft have fun

are you referring to their personality and who they are as a character?

Niggas have doing open world not too long before Zelda.

your criticism is shit

Your entire "argument" is that you're crying over how high the Metacritic score is

lol

Attached: 1475700620008.png (1631x1571, 206K)

Attached: enemyvariety.jpg (3170x1236, 860K)

Imagine having so little of life that you spend two years trying to discredit a game that already made its money

>Mipha fucking sucks.
muh diiiiiiiiick

Attached: ea6b8743ba759e2bec30d3a0d08c484b.jpg (2048x2048, 627K)

There's a reason why RENT FREE is still so commonly used.

Yeah, SS has some solid characters thanks to have one hub thus more focus. Meanwhile Zelda, Mipha and Paya get attention because of their waifubait status.

I wasn't talking about the champions. It was the only picture I had of an npc aside from the vai I posted before ().

If Mipha wasn't a girl or she was ugly, nobody would like her. Therefore, she's a shitty character.

there's more to combat than the sheer number of model types the game throws at you.

>copying words from quoted post

That's cringey in so many ways

Every game only offer intrinsic reward retard.
Video games are entertainment and nothing more

b-but... sidon is a male. He surely aint attractive but he's my favorite along Teba.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 12-23-29.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

but she's not so she is :)

Attached: mipha_botw_by_lostonezero-db57dl8.jpg (938x1826, 263K)

>These constant threads

Attached: rent free.jpg (299x168, 14K)

Sidon is a good character, Mipha isn't.

I'm still so mad they didn't let you also ride the rhinos or Moose that wander the wild

Well duh it's a GOTY/GOTY contender from the last decade

bro quit fooling yourself

Attached: 5ed0d38c70651046744124ba1c47ced8.png (830x1066, 825K)

Fuck off Jim, nobody cares about Horizon Zero Gameplay losing to BoTW.

Then eat shit retard.
You got like 4 games

They already did that
It was on the Wii U too
It was called Xenoblade Chronicles X

Why are the birds such bros?

Is the DLC worth?

>GTAIV has a 98.
As it should
For all its flaws, like being overly gritty and having a pretty samey open world, its still so competently made and Niko Bellic is one of the great protags in gaming.

I agree, it doesn't deserve 2 entire years of angry kvetching over it

Attached: CzqK4r1UkAAEbOp.jpg (1200x675, 130K)

I oddly find the retards over at Yea Forums more intelligent and manageable
After you filter the trap threads and celeb thread

True, but most of the enemies all use the same weapons you can steal from them, and don't require anything more than your basic weapons to beat them.

The only saving grace of this terrible game

He's actually an ubishill who's butthurt nobody likes their games

Explain how it does. The first Zelda was still semi-linear while BotW wasn't at all. Because BotW has NO linearity, it sacrifices fun traversal items, good plot development, and guided, puzzle based dungeons.

zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Breath_of_the_Wild
And try not to move goalposts

Rockstar put so much genuine effort into IV’s writing and characters, I still think it’s their magnum opus

GTAIV is better. GTAV is as good as BotW but came out before it. So is GTAIII.

okay but there's still more to the combat mechanics than what weapon model the enemies are using like how with how linear the earlier zeldas are most of the fights with enemies take place under some scripted circumstances and generally with simpler mechanics.

RDR2 is better

Attached: GTAIV 3_1_2019 8_57_41 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 955K)

>So is GTAIII.
Fuck BotW, GTA 3 is the perfect example of a game that changes a genre.

Agreed.

Now Rockstar games, those are the most overrated games in existence.
>Take open world
>Turn it into a linear game but still in open world
>You fail if you so much as breathe contrary to how they want you to breathe

okay dood

Attached: 2019-02-23_11-02-55_PM-ufmafqgw.jpg (3840x2160, 1.34M)

Nigger this is the ultimate Zelda game
They literally pulled inspiration from NES Zelda
Fuck off

Nintendo fans are mentally ill.
Here, I said it.

pot meet kettle

>Nigger this is the ultimate Zelda game
They literally pulled inspiration from NES Zelda
Lel what Zelda hasn’t?

Can we all just agree

All games suck, except your favorite game?

Did nes Zelda had ubisoft towers? I forgot

Still more memorable and game changing that BotW as proven by Metacritic.

I can accept the fact that a game doesn't have to be good for me to like it

Attached: GTAIV 2_17_2019 11_06_09 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

How to tell if something is overrated, especially games in popular series: If the game wasn't an X game, would it still deserve the score/reception it got? If the answer is no, it's overrated

BOTW doesn't either so it's all good kid ;)

wow you're retarded

Attached: Christopher_Michael_Langan_portrait.jpg (641x947, 195K)

Well, I know it had dungeons

Same, I love the souls series despite them being trash

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 17-25-42.png (1920x1080, 3.31M)

Discord team, report back.

True. Blatantly ordered and some were even gated by forcing you to beat other dungeons before you could get in.

>He uses discord
You need to kill yourself or go back, your choice. Trash.

THIS IS RED LEADER STANDING BY

only difference is that gta4 would have been a good linear game in its own right. Red Dead 2 had a shit story and pacing compared to 4 or even RDR1. Thats the difference. Also the sandbox possibilities in GTA4 are quite literally tens of times better than Red Dead. Even 1 and really liked that game

How can you even say that?

Linear story telling is better than whatever BotW did. I felt like I was playing a less interesting plot than what the memories showed.

This is our turf sony brony. You will never beat nintenknights.

I hated it but I can see how NEETs or students with loads of time can like it.

The only thing that stuck out in BotW for me was the movement. The game itself feels pretty easy save for the centaur dudes.

Rockstar needs to learn how to either take advantage of the open worlds they make or give the player A LOT more to do once the linear story is over.
>Ubisoft Tower
>Need to climb up check points to advance the map of the game
>These random high vantage points in BOTW
>Eh, let's you see farther, you can jump off them to I guess, the map is already unlocked you don't really need to climb them, do whatever you want

Flurry rush, the end.

>seething

Attached: SmartSelect_20190301-081938_Mimi.jpg (481x742, 154K)

you're retarded

This is literally blatant lying.

That is the most retarded logic I've ever heard.

Prove me wrong Protip I bet you expected something else here, you literally can't

The first towers in BOTW let you see some shrines or whatever, but the rest its too foggy to make out anything useful that you cant already see from the ground or a nearby mountain (which liter the entire game and you are constantly climbing to the top of).

botw towers only real use is to fill in the map, exactly like ubisoft

Elaborate on how what he said was retarded

Nigga Bloodborne got its shit rocked by squids on a dead console that stole the GOTY unapologetically

Attached: A3F90FCE-6FC6-4952-96C6-7308D269DA97.jpg (743x524, 374K)

Fallout 3 did this before the better title (NV) came and opened people’s eyes.

At this point it's fair to say Zelda games have existed in all sorts of forms and shapes, some more successful and full of qualities than others. The original Zelda game was very successful and had lots of good qualities that haven't been taken as a direct inspiration since forever. It was just the right time to come back to it, and as a result BotW is the most purist Zelda game in spirit. It did away a lot with most of the self referential conventions that built up over the years and only the concept of "ADVENTURE" remained to be reimagined, like the original Zelda game did.

It is so powerful that link still looks like link in whichever clothes you put him in, because we just discovered that the essence of link is not some green clothes, link is the archetype of young adventurer that carries lots of shit with him, and this is the first time that link always shows his weapon, shield, bow and arrows at the same time, affecting how much noise he makes when running with his clank* clank* clank* clank*. Also his clothes are not some "chosen hero green clothes", just whatever looks convenient, like the green clothes in the original which were just some green clothes indeed. This issue was handed beautifully.

Attached: oldcontemptdude.jpg (511x471, 152K)

I mean you say that people hate on this game for 2 years now but ive also been seeing this pic for 2 years now so you are part of the problem

>exactly like Ubisoft
Ubisoft Towers ARE REQUIRED to advance the game. BOTW's vantage points are not.

>They want to see everything because it makes them feel good, not because it's rewarding
How is feeling good not rewarding? There's no difference.

>Lel what Zelda hasn’t?
Directly? None of them save for Alttp itself. The rest have drawed mainly from Alttp or Oot, which drawed from Alttp.

>It was just the right time to come back to it, and as a result BotW is the most purist Zelda game in spir
Fags still spouting this shit after BotW did away with what the original and series as a whole good.

Let's be honest, most players will only see the bare minimum, tip of the iceberg of the AI's code. There's no reason to have a deep well of code for the AI when most of the playerbase just KOS's them and moves on, like in previous zeldas.

why can't we just post screenshots.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 17-33-29.png (1920x1080, 3.65M)

I'm not the biggest BOTW fan but I played it just after RDR2 (I bought it very late). RDR2 was such a painful slog, everything felt so restrictive and painfully overdone. Mechanics for scrubbing dirt off a horse and mindless tedium is all great to focus on once your core mechanics are tight and responsive...but no, as always Cowboy Arthur responds to commands like a cow in a shopping trolley and everything feels sluggish. BOTW was just fluid and simple enough that I was honestly enjoying myself.

Yeah, the open world is largely empty and there's limited enemy types but its just got a simplistic charm that means I don't need to spend countless hours slogging through novel-length conversations that go nowhere or spend an eternity doing 'comfy' over complicated shit. I can just turn it on, climb a mountain and appreciate the simplicity.

>Rockstar needs to learn how to either take advantage of the open worlds they make or give the player A LOT more to do once the linear story is over.

Youre not wrong, but it really didnt become quite as apparent until GTA 5. 4 came out in 2008 thats ELEVEN years ago I can give them some leniency on their outdated mission structure even without the nostalgia goggles on, which I wear quite comfortably by the way.
The game is just a really nice gangster story with a melancholic end and the open world was revolutionary when it came out. RDR2 had an amazing open world too but its simply not as fun to play around in because youre mashing X on a fucking horse instead of doing sick burnouts with cars that oversteer like crazy. Im fully aware of GTA4s flaws, its just that beneath and beyond them its good and fun to play.

Literally none of this matters. It's like a 0.1% increase of enjoyment. I would rather see more diverse enemies than have one enemy act 10% more realistically. It gets boring.

BB/Souls series gets sucked off here a lot. There's a few detractors but it's in the minority.

MHW is a mixed bag. Newcomers love it, veterans are glad it's on home consoles but are critical of it. It does some things right, and does other wrongs. We can only hope Iceborne fixes what it does wrong.

Please Nintendo, just make another BOTW but with actual dungeons and more items

That user is quoting a Youtuber that made a video 3 days ago. That user's not smart; he's a parrot.

>Ubisoft Towers ARE REQUIRED
Even if that were true, it doesnt change their function and usefulness.

Okay, glad you agree. So we've established
>Ubisoft Towers are required to advance the game
>BOTW Towers are not
Ergo, they're not Ubisoft Towers. Cheers.

>10 types of enemies
literally lying.
Yes. He is literally Lying.

Attached: BREATH OF THE WILD HAS SHIT ENEMY VARIETY.png (2996x1204, 1.38M)

he's a retarded faggot focusing of superficial shit and not considering the fact that the first zelda game was designed with choice in mind just like botw

Your breakdown gets funnier by the post.

Attached: ES2iGtT.jpg (728x596, 38K)

There's more to combat than the fact that enemies now chat with eachother and sleep and scratch their ass sometimes.

To be fair a lot of the enemies functions so similarly that saying they're different is a bit of a stretch so I can 100% see how someone can argue that the enemy variety is limited in BoTW.

It's like saying DS2 has a variety of enemies despite all of them behaving the same and all being humanoids for the most part.

>Not including recolors
>You can literally read the names of the recolors on the right
>Literally five spider recolors
Yeah, these images aren't biased.

Okay, now give a real argument.

Attached: . Screenshot 2019-03-03 17-41-57.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

twilight princess enemies are basic and fuck and don't have the versatility of the enemies in BOTW. one bokoblin in botw took actual effort to design

Cope the post

>even if
I haven't agreed.
>theyre different and better in botw!
no heres way
>errm well theyre not mandatory so its better and I win.
Moving the goalposts and still wrong.

>Gets blown the fuck out
>The only thing he can respond with is his typical redditor cope

Attached: smug nonon.png (720x720, 947K)

>already gave an argument
>faggot gets BTFO
>g-give argument pls
lmao stay seething nigger

Attached: 1515781370253.jpg (287x301, 45K)

It’s been like a decade since TP and you’re telling me they didn’t have the time to create more enemies to fill up the big ass map? Shits fucked.

>He has literally zero arguments so all he can do is post nonsense about moving the goal posts when I've stated the exact same thing this whole time

Attached: smug (2).png (398x370, 262K)

AlttP is the purest form of Zelda

I love all the botw and nostalgia faggots who put zelda 1 on a pedestal. It's by no means open and free, and in the ways it is is due to basic game design at the time.

Boomers love botw because it strokes their nostalgia.
Zoomers love botw because its their first zelda.
Both love it because it panders to low iq ideas of game design while ignoring all the problems this makes (while strawmaning the fundamental problems as "you dont like it because its different")

Red Dead would also have been amazing if they just had the main story missions. It's the best FPS since DUUM

Attached: Doom-4-PC-System-Requirements.jpg (958x538, 91K)

Seething AND prolapsed.

oh nooo baby zoomer needs his "progression" numbers to feel having "fun".

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 136K)

That really isn't an argument. Zelda 1 was specifically created with numbered dungeons and items such as the raft being required to get to some of them.

>get disproven
>you have no arguments
Literally speaking from your ass now

they literally focused on quality over quantity in terms of enemies

the state of ubishills

Attached: dfc3ef741a14d4d4e20e807d14e71092.jpg (211x239, 9K)

10? I remember the highest being like 8.7 when I played. Then they nerfed the infiinity gauntlet and I dropped to a 7

Did they add new content?

am i supposed to be shocked that bloodborne got outsold by a casual multiplayer game for zoomers?

Just ignore the shitposting and please answer these simple criticisms

Why are there only 5 things to do in the overworld?
>Shrines
>Divine beasts
>Talk to NPCs
>Hunt
>Look for Seeds

Why do weapons break so quickly?
>the literal highest durability weapon in the game breaks in 80 hits
>which is approximately 5 bokoblin camps straight.

Why do unique weapons have durability at all? it's just like "here have this omega god weapon that is made of tissue paper. Don't spend it all in once place"

Why is there no method to repair 'at risk' weapons?

All the arguments pro-weapon durability would also apply to armor durability. Why does armor not have durability when weapons do have durability?
>It makes it more fun to use a large variety of weapons
it makes it more fun to use a large variety of armor
>it balances late game weapons
It balances late game armors

Why does the story introduce you to characters that you can literally never interact with outside of cutscenes?

Why is there no New Game +

This game is easily 7/10 material, best game on the switch.
But we NEED to address these things and get them into the common Opinion. That with BOTW2 Nintendo can improve upon the formula rather than release the same game over again.

You responded to your own autistic argument nigger. Zelda 1 was held back by the fact that it was a fucking nes game.

Based strokeposter

That’s not the point of the discussion, idiot. It’s why didn’t they surpass the previous game in this category.

the people who say "botw is just like zelda 1, bro!" have never actually played zelda 1.
zelda 1 has these things called dungeons that used to be mandatory in zelda games until reviewers and zoomers gave botw a free pass for not having them.

If you're a pleb faggot. Zelda 1 is the purest form of zelda. ALTTP is handholdy trash compared to Zelda 1

People just gush over the "technology" and think that makes a good game, you can see these things once and it's amazing but then it repeats and repeats and repeats and that's when shit goes downhill, this game is amazing for the first 20-30 hours after that it turns to absolute shit that's not even worth finishing. But I would say the master trials are ok since it changes up the formula a bit and makes you adjust to the situation it's more of challenges instead of just trying to get everything same with that Eventide Island.

My dude, they all have different animation skeletons, different proportions, and different AI
That's a hell of a lot more difference between
>red bokoblin
>black bokoblin with Edgy™ Spiked™ Bokoblin™ Dragonbone™ Club

Getting "creative" and stealing weapons from enemies, stealth killing them and exploding barrels placed conveniently next to them got boring pretty quickly.

Zelda is an action/adventure game, so the action part of it should be fun, not just mindlessly wailing on enemies or spamming the game's broken flurry rush mechanic.

What made the original so good was how well it translated the sense of silent wandering and adventure into videogame format with the technical limitations of that era. BotW's pretensions are just that, while most Zelda games since Allttp were approached as polishing and streamlining the game mechanics as much as possible, to the point where TP and SS started to show how much the accumulation of the self referential conventions were choking the franchise's freshness and potential.

If Zelda is the purest form of Zelda, how can BotW be the purest form of Zelda?

Because they focused more on optimizing fewer enemies and making them work with the chemistry engine instead of adding enemies just for the sake of it. Also, development time. BOTW having 100 different types of enemies with the same moves and parameters of a bokoblin would have probably taken like 2 more years of development time

What? Kill yourself obsessed retard

>There's no reason to have a deep well of code for the AI when most of the playerbase just KOS's them and moves on, like in previous zeldas.

There's all the reason to it when it's part of what's there to discover in a game about discovering. The Zelda team was previously too afraid to put in stuff that most players wouldn't see, but I'm glad they grew out of it.

Are you even paying attention to who I'm responding to, cunt?

Why does the combat need to be more complicated than it already is in order to be fun?

If I stopped playing Zelda before Twilight Princess, would I enjoy BoTW?

LTTP/Link's Awakening/OoT/WW are my favorite Zeldas. With WW and LTTP being my TOP 2