I don't have fun playing video games anymore

I don't have fun playing video games anymore

Attached: 1479700532076.png (760x839, 760K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Tomoko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't play them then
simple as

You lucky son of a bitch.

I don't have fun doing anything else either

Just kill yourself then Berry

Visit a doctor and change your lifestyle.

Medaka's daughter a cute

I rather masturbate

I see.
What you want us to do?

stop playing jrpgs

I don't have the money or means to go to a doctor on my own and have no real reason to change my lifestyle
I don't even have a doctor

he wants us to entertain him and feed him (You)'s

Attached: 1541286084478.png (817x656, 127K)

Seriously, what's the fucking source of this image?

Based

talk to me because I have no one else to talk to and can't spend my time playing games

Sucks to be you, pal.

How about post the games you play so i can see why you are a soulless fagget

You lose dopamine receptors as you age. The bleeps and bloops stop being as automatically addicting but, as a result, less gratifyingly posessive.

You lose hyper-sensitivity to mountain peaks and rolling abysses in favor of exploring the rest of reality rested between the twain.

I bought a bunch of old PS3 games on ebay for like 4 bucks a pop and I've been having loads of fun

Attached: 1381271408830.png (465x683, 407K)

I still have fun, but I'm getting pickier about my games. Too picky for my own good.

What are you waiting for then? Get the rope already!

CONT

If course the rest of reality can be a nightmare if you've abandoned the care of life's gardens to the vengeful shadow of what you could have been and what you still could be...

>have no real reason to change my lifestyle
>don't have fun anymore
Whatever

>waaa waaa I'm sad
Buy a rope.

One of the possible reasons is the fact than recent games aren't actually quite fun on their own. Battle royale's "fun" factor heavily depends on your own performance/skill and human interaction in the game.

it's not just recent games
I have no motivation to play anything and the only stuff that tends to hold my attention ultimately frustrates and angers me

They will never finish translating this manga will they? And get fucked OP, get a new hobby.

cringe and yikes

how did this series end? the scanlation group dropped it then died

Attached: Comb03032019030053.jpg (1280x1059, 374K)

It's why addictions in most people naturally disappate with age, because the physical mechanisms that reinforce novelty seeking behavior dwindle with age. We start being more... "safe". We have enough experience to understand that we do not understand ourselves. So we gravitate towards familiar forms and templates with a regularity that would be abnormal in our youth.

upvote and liked

CONT

If you want a more optimistic, and perhaps more realistic way of looking at it... Think of food. As a kid sweets and salts were the end all be all.

As we age, we grow less hypertuned to those signals. Which allow us to appreciate the vast universe that exists below the ephemeral peaks. There are a million and one subtle culinary pleasures that would've been unimaginable as a kid. Or, literally, untasteable.

that's fucking sad and boring because that's true and I can't argue with that

so what do I do if I don't enjoy anything

suicide, get a job, take meds, keep shitposting

you wank, you bloody wanker

Fast. Food fast, media fast, intellectual fast, spiritual fast.

Hunger has a way of bringing up the flavor of "boring" things. We are meant for periods of hardship punctuated by brief flashes of victory. Just because we have such a well developed external womb doesn't mean we've bred out our evolved economy of motivation.

welcome to depression

>do nothing
>lay in my bed going insane from my tinnitus and unending hateful thoughts
doesn't sound worth it

doing low effort dopamines stuff also causes this "depression" thing. Fapping is included in that list too.

I've half-heartedly tried this before, but ultimately I lack the discipline. What can I do to practice discipline?

Attached: e6841bb2acee36ff1709c3e0754865e11b37560b05d84556127506e5a6cb3826.png (1332x1949, 422K)

You do nothing long enough and the ennui disappates as you allow mental energy to build up and roil.

If you hate yourself, let your hate lash at you until you lash back. That is when you realize you have a will and a want unsatisfied by ordinary means. It's the discovery of a part that gives a damn, muted under the comfiness of regulated misery, that shocks one from the doldrums.

Stop masturbating, go to church and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.
Your constant whining is boring, in all honesty.

all those pointless faggot words aren't going to make me want to do anything
I'll call jesus my savior when he actually does any saving for me you nigger

Ok, keep farming You's, you depressed cunt.

I felt the same as you and tried taking up reading as a new hobby and it took a while but I really enjoy that, I mean there is so much variety as its pretty much the longest going form of recorded entertainment. I like reading but I wanted to get involved more so I tried creating for once in my life through stop motion animation and it was fun but after my 3rd one I got really frustrated and stopped ...anyway my nephew got me playing some video games with him 1 year later and I enjoy them but not as much as I once did.
Nobody makes anything I want much any more so I'm trying to learn to mod for one of my favourite games: I think the process of creation is one everyone should try at least once in their life and it will at least give them new perspective on things that will hopefully be enjoyable.

Attached: 1550375776444.jpg (651x768, 72K)

I can't stand reading because I have ocd and end up rereading anything I have investment in over and over until it loses all meaning and slows me down to a crawl
I've never had the creativity to make anything or come up with stuff in my life

I object to the automatic assumption that jerking it a bunch is the cause when it's definitely a symptom when it just happens to be one of the few things that fills my attention enough to distract from how fucking terrible things are.

It's funny because on paper by all of my known standards KHIII is the best full game in the series since II but I can tell it sucks because I just don't care about playing it.

The easiest form of discipline is (physically) fasting. You also reach peak mental focus under fasting conditions considering how animals have evolved to maximize nutrient acquisition at irregular moments aka you get a little stupider when full.

It teaches you something below the gut that mainstream society seems to conspire to keep you in ignorance about. That hunger is the best spice and consumption the best anesthetic. You are happier with periods of struggle punctuated with victory, not IV dripping tepid drops of minor palliatives.

Games get like that as you get older. Your enjoyment peaks as a teenager

Is this a bad thing ? You are free now

Attached: 1548356205500.jpg (796x1366, 998K)

free to do what?
I don't enjoy anything

Yea Forums gave me ADD

Attached: DZSmZ-6VMAUS-5_.jpg (1200x675, 35K)

Partake in other hobbies and come back when you feel the desire coming back.

Or just browse Yea Forums all until you force yourself to play games so you can understand posts

Attached: DcruXcdVMAEDW6l.png (1200x995, 1.5M)

Never have I until I started playing classic DOOM and the mods were just overwhelming... plus online servers for it to play pretty much almost anything with other people. I played classic DOOM for the first time about 1 or 2 years ago and content just never ends, the modding community is so inviting that for the first time in my life I attempted to create a mod too.

I don't want to do anything else

don't remember if fun was real or if the demiurge is just trolling me.
I only feel apathy, sadness and anger.
still play games tho.

Attached: 1425495319957.jpg (1000x707, 295K)

>My life is boring
>Do something different?
>Change is hard because le depressed
>...
The next day
>My life is boring

Don't blog online about it. Kill yourself or change.

time to watch anime and come back to games after

Attached: PaniPoni Dash! - 25 [gg](C7FBE933).avi_snapshot_24.14_[2019.01.28_12.05.11].jpg (704x392, 81K)

Then you'll fit in just perfectly here.

Take a break. And I mean a break, stop thinking about vidya you won't play, that also takes energy. Do something else and come back, everything will be fine. I sometimes take a long break and then choose some old classic like Thief, Deus Ex or Vampire:MB as graphics don't matter when you are just itching to play. Will always be orgasmic to play something so fucking good.

Attached: 1550637053298m.jpg (1024x629, 234K)

That's good. You clearly don't deserve to be happy given this garbage thread.

steamcommunity.com/id/Tomoko

Attached: img504.png (335x348, 90K)

Attached: uc7fsb3tl4iz.jpg (2048x1536, 294K)

Then it's not ADD, it's behaving like an undisciplined nigger.

that's because you are not playing the best game of the season:
Tree of savior
come and have fun with us

Attached: 1547111484727.jpg (1920x1080, 995K)

you're not aware of how much fun you're having now, you're just addicted to fun to the point where you can't notice that you're enjoying things. try not playing vidya for a month

I never know if those that make those images are ironic or not.

>I only feel apathy
>sadness and anger.

Attached: 1548332644659.jpg (343x354, 26K)

video game can't fix your empty life

IT'S A DISEASE NOT BEHAVIOUR

Anyone else rotting away but stopped caring?

You sound fucking retarded and don't even know how words work.

Attached: 1548852559449.png (2048x1307, 2.11M)

play different games.

If you didn't cared you wouldn't even talk about it.
Stop lying to yourself

Fix your problems.

They're not ironic. They've been posting these for years, and there's Christian General threads on /pol/

Attached: 1531557441377.png (500x706, 219K)

I'm unironically trying a thing where I'm abstaining from playing vidya for a year. In my 4th month and it's fine.

you probably play too many, start doing actual work then play videogames in your downtime as opposed to 24/7 vidya

When I became tired of western shooters I switched to cute kawaii japanese jrpgs. I'm slowly getting tired of them too. Exodus is first for many years shooter I play.

>depressed gamer thread
Go away.

I have fun with video games, but I feel like a worthless waste of life otherwise.

Attached: [Asenshi] Little Witch Academia - 08 [9BC06695].mkv_snapshot_21.05_[2017.03.02_01.37.17].jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>Keep buying games after being hyped for them
>Never play them
What do I do? I don't want to be done with video games.

Attached: 1520196235130.png (313x321, 174K)

>MMO
>F2P
>Mixed reviews
Yikes

you're done with video games so stop posting here

set goals and try to get really good at a game you know you love. be patient about it, and don't give up. a no-hit run in dark souls as an example.

Attached: 1547977883622.jpg (485x500, 78K)

>get hungry
>can eat bread with sauce and it's good enough

>don't listen to any new music for a while
>still ultra picky about music

>don't fap for a weak or two
>only get depressed more
>fap to get rid of discomfort, not for pleasure
>no longer feeling like shit

>don't play any new vidya
>desperate for fun, waste a lot of time in the "to boring to have fun" state, unable to work efficiently because too bored

Out of those, only Yea Forums fast is a good idea.
But not because you learn to appreciate it, but because Yea Forums is filled with deranged subhuman sociopaths who derive pleasure from making others suffer.

Attached: 1481282869543.jpg (600x900, 64K)

not playing games = not videogames

Attached: fail_thread.jpg (512x447, 37K)

He's probably alternating between those.
I know that feel, I have basically 2 modes:
>shutdown: depression, falling asleep during work, visibly shuffling when I walk unless I force self not to
>anxiety: constant movement, almost twitching, popping joints, walking fast, unable to fall asleep and spending 3 hours in bed

A normie state is always somewhere in the middle.

Attached: 1546349440231.jpg (1456x881, 694K)

>Playing backseat mod
>On Yea Forums
>For free
Hello r/eddit

Attached: 1478107671846.png (197x200, 74K)

just go play a Metal Slug game, that always does it for me. every time I feel like I don't like vidya anymore, I play Metal Slug 3 and suddenly I remember why I like video games so much

also check this 4

I don't know what's worse:
Knowing that life is pointless or deluding self with deranged magical thinking that some invisible wizard is waiting for you at the end to rescue you from all the shit that is objectively happening.

Pity for the deranged is a special kind of pity.
They're so pathetic that they believe they aren't.

Attached: 1549089678281.png (1500x1500, 39K)

What are you getting at here?
That moods and emotions cannot change, and form patterns?
t. 150 iq Yea Forums browser

got me thinking

>EQ2 came out right when I met my first wife
>we laughed at the pizza ad
>wow was a broken mess on release so we were convinced we were playing the superior game
>will remember exploring the starter levels with her for the rest of my life, running underwater from sharks, finding treasure and lore points and weird crafting shit
>everything was new and full of possibility
>the feeling of exploration everywhere, and dirge was still one of the coolest ideas I've seen for a class, the gothic necro bard
>we could duo the hardest content in random dungeons
>before her ten surgeries
>we made jokes about countless griffin chub fetch quests for years afterwards in other games with bullshit fetch quests

I miss who we used to be Alice, I miss it so god damn much.

I would give anything to rend the forces of space and time and go back to that when and do things right.

It's a message in an Internet bottle I don't even want her to find because we both did unforgivable things to each other.

I'm gonna try this aesetic meditation shit but I am laid off right now and also studying for certs. I have a good resume though, it just needs a bit of padding. Haven't actually played vidya in a month but I keep reading boards.

Attached: 5_Hylia02_Large.jpg (800x465, 200K)

>defending "waaahhhhI'm so depressed pls give me attention" threads
Hello plebbit

True apathy doesn't shift. His ""apathy"" is probably just boredom.

Cuck

apathy
lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Apathy can be as temporary as joy, apathy isn't strictly a permanent emotion.
I am that user, and it is boredom, anhedonia, and a generally bleak outlook which warps me into the 3 states of being I listed.

>/fit/ trying to interpret science
It starts out nicely, but as soon as it goes from "observations show" to "therefore we should" it goes full meathead retard.
/fit/, like /pol/, should not try science. They always clog it up with their personal bullshit biases and miss the reality completely.

In that specific post combo, you can easily tell it goes full loon around the phrase "adapt or perish". Misapplying evolution like that is a red flag. Though so is the idea of "deprogramming", which has been thrown around in loon circles for at least decades.

In general, if you hear someone saying you should drop everything and start from scratch, this is in 90%+ of cases pure bullshit.
Programming, diets, politics, hobbies, sexuality, economy, lifestyle, business - all of those have loons calling for starting from scratch, but have vast majority of success cases coming from gradual but consistent changes instead.

Attached: 1544960275266.jpg (640x853, 63K)

How old are u nibba, maybe aging could be a reason