VR Thread

Why aren't you playing VR right now Yea Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=352Hmh0b3Ps

Attached: shootinglooting.jpg (600x337, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4OZ1yQzK4a0
youtube.com/watch?v=aXJKr4bnGxk
youtu.be/GJ2lzV2LLwM
youtube.com/watch?v=8rexP_x6Qa4
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2lzV2LLwM
youtube.com/watch?v=CyP3LZNa_IA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is Half Life 3

Basically

If this is HL3, talk about lowered expectations

Because this game and the hardware for it haven't been released and the touchpads on my shitty vive wands are crapping out again.

i need a new videocard first
recommend me one

nah, it's not HLVR. Valve is giving them love but that's really nothing new, their previous game Hover Junkers was one of the flagship Vive launch titles (in many ways THE flagship title).

Why it's in that Valve Steam-depository is a mystery, which may have an exciting answer (acquisition or some direct tie-in), or could mean absolutely nothing. The one thing that can be fairly definitively stated is that it's not itself HLVR/HL3. not unless it secretly was all along. Which would mean StressLevelZero was actually a Valve subsidiary all along, which is just bonkers to consider (just like Kojima/Konami 'ruse' shit).

IMO at most Valve may be publishing it for some weird legal reasons? Possibly it does have Half-Life/Portal crossover content of some kind and Valve insisted that StressLevelZero work off of Valves own project management systems (for rationally-paranoid NDA enforcement)?

What's your budget for a video card?

around 350 $

get a 1060 for like $160 bucks

Now post the female gladiator webms
You know the ones

is that better than rx 580 8g?

Get an RTX 2060, It's right in your budget and it's better than a 1660 Ti.

Yes

i'll guess it will be an rtx 2060
thanks m80s

you can get a 1070ti for it. I recently upgraded from 970 and frames pretty much doubled. VR was playable before but now its smoother and I can crank up supersampling.

but I'm browsing this thread in VR, user.

>acquisition or some direct tie-in
I would not be surrpsied if valve aquired them, they are a quality dev and they are some of the biggest innovators. Could be the way volvo aquired the portal devs but this time with vr.

>play killing floor incursion
>its dumbed down
>play doom VR
>its dumbed down
Dont get me wrong, there are amazing VR games, but all VR games from renowed non-VR studios are complete trash

Prove it.

The controllers that make this game so cool aren't even available yet.

panzerwehr dev here. Last thread someone asked if project was dead and why no update. We are trying to get something nice to show before we go public again with a steam page. Work has been going on constantly with integration of steamvr 2.0, mp systems and such.

Attached: 1309608908649.jpg (800x567, 63K)

Why do I need to prove that I can use a virtual desktop app for a few hundred dollar device on a website about playing games on several hundred dollar devices?

You have my interest.
Even more so if there's multicrewed vehicles.

>steamvr 2.0
???

multicrews are planned but we want to fully test and figure out good cockpits, systems that need simulating, customization and mech building, MP and SP gamemodes before we add multicrew.
We want a few single crew ones before we add multicrew. And then since we are taking liberties with mechs we want all crewmembers to have things to do and make sure they are not bored sitting and staring at a radio or moving shells while others have fun.

im just the artist but its basically knuckles supporting steamvr version. It allows us to do better hand interactions with switches and makes it feel nicer. Works surprisingly well with wands.

I cant wait for the knuckles.

It was time to stop.

Attached: 20190302154304_1.jpg (3360x1890, 2.51M)

I was, but Distance in VR can be hard on the motion sickness, so I'm taking a break.

Fun as fuck though.

I am

I'm poor and only have PSVR until I set up a good computer and get off this laptop.

Also it's been a while since a good VR game on there. Had Tetris Effect, Skyrim, Statik, Job Sim, Superhot, No Heroes Allowed, FFXV Fishing and some other less good stuff.

Need to get over to PC to get the big stuff. Want to play Elite Dangerous, that seems like a fun time.

Should probably grab Deracine, Moss and maybe Astro Bot at some point. Only upcoming thing I'm interested in is Tokyo Chronos.

>Why aren't you playing VR right now Yea Forums?
I'm fapping.
Oh wait I am using VR

AUDICA release date is march 7th

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 30K)

Never

The wizards for PSVR is coming out in a few weeks.

youtu.be/4OZ1yQzK4a0

The damage feed back looks almost non-existant.

You don't own beat saber?

I don't get the hype for for Boneworks. Don't get me wrong it looks great, but it just looks like a more polished gun-shoot game and VR already has fucktons of gun-shoot games.
Maybe it's insanely good with the Knuckles, but who knows when the fuck those are coming out.

>Distance

Attached: 075[1].jpg (1024x576, 51K)

oh wow, i remember seeing the shooting tech demo thingy on that NODE youtube channel. glad to see a game finally forming around that concept.

Not a big music buff and I think someone told me you can't put custom tracks in the PS4 version?

Oh that looks pretty cool, thanks

Probaly because of the physics engine and not the graphics.

I am user, and having a good time too. I usually only use VR once a week or so when not playing with friends. The other day I was in VRchat hanging out with some funny people. Then played like 3 or 4 hrs straight of PavolvVR for the TTT. Good times.

Some days I feel I should put everything down, and move on.

Attached: 20190302153607_1.jpg (3360x1890, 2.3M)

go to best gun shoot games and try climbing. Try interacting with random scenery objects, try tipping over a box to see whats inside.

You cant.
Boneworks is exciting because its the first rooty shooty game where the environment is as interactable as real life. And you can use your hands. Its what all of us imagined vr would be but we got so used to what we have we forgot that we wanted it all.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Virt-a-Mate but I wasn't blown away by the physics in the video. Like I said the game is probably great, but until I can actually play it I'm not that impressed.

the problem is that youre just seeing it as just another shooter.
what youre not seeing is the amount of detailed interactivity in this game that most VR games dont have.

that crowbar thing is actually pretty mindblowing alone. thats a big problem a lot of VR games have right now.

>Virt-a-Mate
The true boneworks

Attached: 1254301296235.png (575x473, 313K)

Can you spawn women that'll suck you off in the tank? If not, why isn't that included?

it's not that it's a physics-based VR game, it's that it's a physics-based game, period, with potential to actually really work. there are plenty of VR games with heavy use of physics clutter, just as there are plenty of flat games with physics clutter - but they're ALL fundamentally broken due to heavy use of mixed-in kinematic motion (eg. for all player inputs).

there's been constantly growing interest in purely-physics-based VR interaction this entire passing generation. boneworks is just the next big step forward in an actual product.

VR is one of those things i never want to play without a significant amount of time, and I almost never give myself enough time before i want to go to bed or something alike

Attached: THE PLAYROOM VR_20181215215937.png (960x720, 979K)

>VR needs a few more years to get fleshed out
>I need a few more years to finish uni, get a job and acquire enough disposable income to buy a fat rig and the needed peripherals
it's like pottery

I don't see VR ever being a less taxing process to start up and close out of.

Attached: 20190303155723_1.jpg (1485x1485, 420K)

Its not that taxing, but even some flat screen games i just want longer play sessions for so i can get invested and not have to drop at awkward points, you know?

I mean with turning tracking off, moving things back to reasonable place, charging controllers.
It's a personal management overall.

Attached: 20180430173328_1.jpg (975x975, 212K)

I'm trying. Dear fucking god am I trying. I got my vive on friday and have been troubleshooting the damn thing since. I'm so close, bros.

Attached: 1551348163321.jpg (640x640, 68K)

>that music in the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=aXJKr4bnGxk

I haven't bothered to set it up in my new place after I moved. Kind of a shame since I have about five times the surface area available now, but I'd need to buy USB 3 extension cables

This is the only barrier VR needs to overcome to start exploding. HMDs need to become viable monitor replacements. Adequate resolution and clarity to support 1080p+ virtual monitors, 'fit and forget' ergonomics, and OS-level support. We're already damn close. Wireless seemingly the biggest barrier (which is where a hybrid standalone would be most valuable), resolution/clarity is tough because more will always be better for the foreseeable future barring some great breakthrough in foveated displays. ergonomics close to plausible for extended use already, on the latest models

The future of HMDs, and thus of personal computing, are probably hybrid standalones with your primary OS (for everything!) running on the HMD. the biggest annoyance of strapping the big thing on and then prying it off every time you want to change task will go away. instead it will be a matter of whether you are running wired -> wireless (connection to your external resources) -> full standalone (no external resources connected), with scaling capabilities.

Because I sold my rift in anticipation of new headsets.
Come on Valve you can do it.

I'm no fanboy, but I would consider buying a VR headset if that was the only way I could play HL3. Just knowing what the intended ending was makes me feel like it's something I'd need to see and there really hasn't been any titles that give me an excuse to buy a headset yet.

Do you have any time to work after youre done posting on Yea Forums?

What's wrong with it?

Y'know, that was the reason why I didn't get a Vive until about 3 months ago. I was anticipating Valve's headset for a long, long time. Sometimes you just gotta make the dive.
If only Valve wasn't so secretive about every single goddamn thing, god it's so annoying
Speaking of Valve, why don't they release the damn knuckles already? They look just fine to me. What in the world are they doing?

Attached: crwlapzytrsz.png (831x705, 586K)

I had a dream today that I was playing some kino game in VR. I enjoyed it very much, user

but I am

Attached: 2019-03-03 04-17-29.webm (720x302, 2.76M)

Marginally, dependant on the game.
They are about equals

>Prepare to put on your robe and wizard hat

What was it like?

Attached: 20190223123405_1.jpg (1485x1485, 305K)

Very realistic. I don’t remember the game though, I just remember I had a lot of fun.

I'm just not into $1200 worth of peripherals + new video card and possibly rig to do tech demos

Still waiting on maturation and content.

Yeah those games suck. I never played Killing Floor so when I played the first level of Incursion I thought it was going to be a cool horror game like RE4, but every level afterwards sucked. The chest rig is fucking garbage too. Flashlight blocks your view of the hip pouch.

>$1200
lol ok

Are you me? I dreamed with something like that, except the game was more about exploration and architecture.

I Am Thou, Thou Art I

that is how much it costs to get a vr ready pc and a vr headset worth a damn though

Attached: 1545291765585.jpg (720x960, 127K)

yeah pc gaming fucking sucks
>have to buy a 5000 dollar case
>need MINIMUM of 3 GTX 2080tis in SLI to run anthing on minimum
>need to buy a huge house to get 4 32" 4k monitors
>need minimum twin cpu motherboard featuring 10k dollar costing cpus to even run google chrome
>need 120gb of ddr6 ram which isnt even released yet!
>minimum of 5tb SSD to fit and load a .txt file with your phonenumber on it
>need a laser optical wireless mouse and compatable glass mousepad, thats another 400 dollars!!!
>you can only get a mechanical keyboard and those are like 200 bucks!
>decent speakers cost like 20 grand and the cable to run them is even more expensive wtf!!!
>need to have connections in google to get decent internet line added to your house!!!!!
no thanks Ill stick to my NES, at least its affordable and more fun than those shitty new tech demo games anyway

My room is too dirty for roomscale right now and the Vive hurts my neck after awhile.

If you can play modern games on medium with 40 fps at least you can play vr games fine.

how fucking weak are you? The headset weighs next to nothing. Give lots of cunnilingus itll train your neck right up.

>if you can run games medium 40fps you can run a vr game at 90+ fps
I'm not sure that's how it works

Attached: 1448767932_IMG_20151109_184100.jpg (999x489, 76K)

im not a motion sicklet and I was fine playing vr games on a 970. They run surprisingly well as long as you turn down a few settings and they still look good

I have to assume they have a grand design, releasing the hmd+knuckles at the same time as they have some games coming out, but knowing Valve they are actually just sitting in Gabes trash room eating donuts and looking at profit numbers.

>Not having a modern PC
okay boyo, remember to count in the costs of a renting a 10x10m apartment next time you calculate VR costs.

also all the costs of all education, food, clothing, bills it took for you to be able to have a job to afford anything in first place

because i cant get my gay friend off my dick

Also ask Valve and HTC and OR to pitch in their R&D costs.

nigger, i already have a PC and HMD
believe it or not some people don't care enough to pay for a mid/high-end pc, hell there are STILL people out there with their 750tis
wanting to upgrade at that point would require buying all the parts all over again since they likely also have ddr2/3 ram and a severely outdated cpu

Can't afford a set.

Well you don't really count in costs of 4K UHD TVs when you are buying a console, right?

Attached: 1549697881445.jpg (591x591, 60K)

so? Im runnning i5 2500k still and its not outdated with ddr3 ram.

VR gets cheaper the longer you have it vs consoles since you are not paying for internet twice.

VR is still the hot thing to meme about.
Car sim wheel set-ups can get much more expensive than a Vive and they don't even get shovelware/tech demos.

vr is way more flexible and cheaper than racing/flightsim autism peripherals

>Why it's in that Valve Steam-depository is a mystery
Apparently it's because Valve want to use it as a backdrop for their VR games since the game itself is already a backdrop for Hall of Robots (much like how Exanima is a backdrop for Sui Generis)

I agree. Honestly user I think we hit it off rather well, I would tongue your navel if you're into that.

GODDDDAMNIT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GODDAMN HMD VALVE
WEVE ALREADY SEEN PICTURES OF IT AND WE KNOW WHAT ITS CAPABLE OF SO SAY SOMETHING ALREADY I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE
VIVE AND RIFT ARENT EVEN DOING ANYTHING TO MAKE VR ANY BETTER WE NEED YOU TO SAY SOMETHING ANYTHING I THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT THE VR SCENE AND YOU'RE STILL FUCKING QUIET ABOUT EVERY SINGLE DETAIL
I WANT MY INCREASED FOV I WANT MY HLVR I WANT MY KNUCKLES I WANT MY BIGGER AND BETTER IN EVERY WAY VR HEADSET I WANT MY SMELL SENSORS I WANT MY TOUCH SENSORS I WANT TO FEEL LIKE IM IN THE VERY GAME IM PLAYING
GIVE US THE PRICE AT THE VERY LEAST I NEED TO KNOW IVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THIS SHIT
AT THIS RATE EVERYONE WILL LOSE INTEREST
*breathes in*
VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: HwKHcq7M_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

I can buy any decent racing wheel and it will have all the features i need to make it work with games ten years from now. VR isn't in that position yet.

>what are valve doing.
Probably unironically waiting for boneworks or their own headset to be in a more finished state so they can market all three as one package and practically guarantee sales.

go away vrchatlet

Soon brother.
Valve with deliver or pay for their crimes.

Attached: ss_(2015-03-07_at_05.50.22).jpg (600x588, 109K)

>WOAH DUDE THIS VR GAME IS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE REST
>posts a physics based sandbox with poor level and world design
Yawn, wake me up when we get some actual innovation for this gay ass gimmick.

Attached: 1484147740443.jpg (800x650, 100K)

>VR
>"playing"

Attached: 1310316317862jpg.jpg (384x332, 24K)

>posts a physics based sandbox with poor level and world design
maybe you should watch the video till the end?

Not him but half of the video is the same enemy doing the same attack over and over again

The other videos show off the game better
youtu.be/GJ2lzV2LLwM
youtube.com/watch?v=8rexP_x6Qa4

Haven't played mine for quite a few months due to lack of games that are actually longer then 3 hours or are tech demos, does anyone have some recommendations on good games?

How the fuck does this even work? Like the dude has full movement with his fingers and arms, is it still using a controller or some type of actual innovation where they use gloves or something, because seeing yourself molest a crowbar on screen while IRL you're just jerking off a bulky ass controller just fractures the oh so touted "immersion" a VR game can potentially have.

Attached: 1460129463388.png (560x416, 254K)

retard, watch the fucking video where they actually explain this

Knuckles controllers track finger placement and pressure.

I've been playing multiplayer VR games for this exact reason. Pavlov, Rec Room, and Raw Data are all good examples
And I know the game got a lot of bad rep last year but VRChat is really fun.

Attached: 1541134188987.jpg (1280x1024, 273K)

so when are the walking-in-place treadmills gonna be a fucking thing so this VR shit can really get going?

Valve's Knuckle Controllers. You know, the controllers only big-names are able to get at the moment because Valve refuses to let us know when it'll release despite revealing them well over a year ago.
It's what we've all been waiting for but will probably never get

Attached: 1530091791330.jpg (577x433, 42K)

Remember this?

Attached: Omni_New_Product_Med_v3.png (640x630, 221K)

I have a second headset hooked to a different computer in the same room. I only have two motion controllers though (waiting on knuckles)
What can me and my friend play?

Fuck that, I want something like pic related
A treadmill's too bulky

Attached: nervegear.jpg (720x657, 62K)

Meh joystick movement is better cause you can sit and go prone

I can't wait for knuckles era first mmo and knuckles support for koikatsu

Rec room
Pavlov's gun game
To the top
Climbey

>Wilhelm scream one minute in
sensible_chuckle.gif

The hint is right there in the name
Valve isn't in any rush to release new games so they're developing games under StressLevelZero

I will once the 2nd gen headsets arrive

Attached: vr perv.webm (720x450, 2.82M)

To me this looks more interesting than a lot of things the AAA devs put out nowadays, dunno how that happened

Valve plans to use this game as be the default engine to make mods on VR. There will be a boom in mods as when they released the first HL.
Also

>dunno how that happened
It has always been like this.

The only thing I'm really interested in is how they make physics so stable in these VR games. If I now boot up UE4 and try interacting with a physics object shit will flip the fuck out, while a lot of VR games (on UE4, or other PhysX engines) can do, well, what you see in the video.

Attached: 1564578.jpg (229x250, 8K)

How does it capture finger movement?

Knuckles
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2lzV2LLwM

That's not true at all tho

They're literally just a random indie studio of like 6 people, the founders used to work with Freddie Wong and they share a building with Corridor Digital, another group of amateur YouTube filmmakers.

It's obvious Valve has a vested interest in their tech succeeding, but they're 100% not actually Valve devs.

Nope.
It's an Oculus Touch game.
Touch tracks the the thumb, index finger and the other three fingers (as one so no giving middle fingers) but Lone Echo has "procedural hand grip"
youtube.com/watch?v=CyP3LZNa_IA