What does "kino" actually mean when referring to a game?

What does "kino" actually mean when referring to a game?
What are some examples of kino games?

Attached: 1508307914276.jpg (3840x2400, 2.26M)

It means whoever is using the term to praise a VIDEO GAME is a massive retard and should promptly kill themselves for diluting the quality of video games with their shit taste.

Attached: 8yvcqurvzun11.jpg (490x586, 19K)

Kino post

I'd call ''kino' a moment of unexpected quality that is so great that you remember it long after you've completed a game.
Pictured: kino

Attached: kino.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Agreed with this guy. A part of the game where the camera angles, or narrative, or gameplay all just work so well that it sticks in your head when you remember the game.

fpkp
kino reply

These two are correct.

Some examples are: pic related, the ludwig phase transition in bloodborne, senator armstrong, the final boss of mgs3, the sans fight from undertale, the virgil fights in dmc3, ending E from automata, THE RADIANCE title card from hollow knight, etc.

Attached: EXPIRE.jpg (2560x1440, 269K)

I know it gets a lot of hate for SJW shit, and the /pol/ crossboarders were about 40% right about it, but Wolfenstein 2: The New Order is pretty kino.
>man playing jazz on his clarinet to back up his sniper friend
>Wyatt attempting to kill himself
>the beginning of the game where they continually hide Engel's repaired face from you until you get captured
>the courtroom

It means that retards don't realize ludo is the term you're supposed to use, not kino.

Doesn't even need to be story. Tetris Effect is kino.

Attached: DD3_Intoners6.png (1276x540, 809K)

Get off Yea Forums Ryan.

What is an example of a kino anime?

Attached: 1524225376477.jpg (553x746, 72K)

>anime
>kino

Attached: 1527764227543.gif (370x250, 3.13M)

Anime can't be kino because it's all fucking garbage with one exception. The Boondocks.

>What does "kino" actually mean when referring to a game?

Nothing, it's ignorant newfaggots trying to copy Yea Forums terms used to praise a movie, to a medium that's as radically different from movies as movies are from books.

Equivalent Yea Forums term would be "ludo" but nobody uses that because we're capable of saying "the game is good" instead.

That part of the surge where its revealed you are in a wheelchair

MGS has pretty kino moments across the whole series

This is a kino video game. Atmospheric and cinematic with its fixed camera angles and evokes emotions all through gameplay. Nothing comes close to a "kino game" as this.

Attached: 220px-Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (220x311, 28K)

Cowboy Bebop

One Punch Man

YuYu Hakusho until the Chapter Black arc

HunterxHunter
Fate/Zero

Attached: jesus christ.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

> cinematic

Wow, so if any other games does it, it's bad.
Fucking hypocrites. Switchers are fucking retarded.

Kino!

Attached: 1548541874006.png (2372x3573, 2.47M)

Kino is when something tries to do something grandiose and you're impressed because you're 12 years old.

4 is even more kino

Aria

But those games interrupt gameplay with cinematics. RE feels cinematic at all moments during gameplay.

>le roundhouse kick every enemy
re4 is the opposite of kino

Hollow Knight, The RDR2 scene where they gang up on another gang's plantation (I haven't played the game, no console), Metro Exodus last trailer, Deadly Premonition, Bloodborne, Sekiro (looks like it). Basically games that'd be imprinted on your mind regardless of what else you play. Moments that you will never forget.

More games should have Press A to Suplex. Purest Kino

based

4 is more fun but atmosphere is shit when compared to the GC remakes

FLCL

Attached: courierL.jpg (600x600, 78K)

ShingeKINO Kyojin. Only the manga though.

Attached: 1550611872224.jpg (336x368, 40K)

Welcome to the NHK

The kingdom hearts series is full of kino moments like pic related

Attached: 1541898323588.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Kino in Russian means a film or movie

>the courtroom
I fucking cried as soon as Blazko opened the door and called to his mom like a little kid.
Him resting his head on her lap and talking to her about not wanting to go back out there, because he was so tired of all the fighting hit me like a sack of bricks.
Especially because that sequence almost made me blow a headgasket it was so difficult.

Attached: 1534111574433.jpg (380x496, 37K)

Kino means that it's artistically cinematographic.

JoJo

Max Payne: kino
Max Payne 2: movie
Max Payne 3: flick

Looks like you posted a bit of one.

Attached: 338FC6F1-E48A-4D23-A919-221E4AD533EA.jpg (750x980, 141K)

Off the top of my head Kino is German for movie theatre

jin roh

a lot of the older ones reached an apex in that particular medium

>jin roh
absolutely kino

Attached: Jin Ruh Roh.webm (960x540, 1.83M)

1/10

"kino" has the same meaning in german, polish and russian

>nu-scooby
I remember when Scooby Doo had soul