I just started pic related after having finished Zero Mission and Fusion...

I just started pic related after having finished Zero Mission and Fusion. What the hell is up with the floaty moon controls and physics? It's almost unplayable.

Attached: SQ_SNES_SuperMetroid.jpg (250x250, 11K)

You're used to the watered down movement systems. Learn the complexities of Super like a man.

Why did you play Zero Mission and Fusion before playing Super? You fucked up by not playing in release order.

Having a designated run button fucks the controls of this game. I played this after Fusion and Zero Mission too and I had to push myself to play it.

>complaining about the controls for one of the best games ever made

Attached: I.png (645x773, 49K)

Super Metroid is great but it does feel very floaty.

Controls for revolutionary games can age badly. Just look at Goldeneye.

Original Metroid was floaty too.

For a game from 1994 it had amazing movement systems, a lot of which could be discovered from experimentation. Wall jump, single wall jump, infinite bomb jump, shinesparking and aside from a few bomb jump locations, none of those advanced techniques are required to complete the game but instead exist for item completion and just generally styling on the game to sequence break at will.

Super Metroid is a touchy subject on here. It's held up as ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME (for 1994) but games have drastically improved upon it since then.

If Nintendo released it in 2019 it would get 5/10 at best and kill the series forever.

Exactly. I played AM2R and holy fuck that game controls like a dream. Super Metroid’s controls just make it a chore to play these days.

This

You're a zoomer that started with the newer games first, glad I started with Metroid NES and Metroid II then Super before the newer 2D games.

Look up mEngine and check that out.
Then cry as every single game that was going to use it was cancelled.

You didn't just start it. You've been posting this thread for over a week now.

Goldeneye lets you play with dual analogs just like console FPS today

>”Goldeneye lets you play with dual analogs”
>N64 controller has one analog stick
What?

you can play using two controllers at the same time

You played with two controllers. It hardly an ideal setup but it was the birth of dual analog.

I played them same order as you OP but after giving it some time I truly can't go back. Super Metroid is Jesus in video game form.

Yeah but that’s retarded.

retarded is my middle name

How can you complain about the controls? Fusion is not much different from Super.

Explain to me in concrete terms how you think games have been 'drastically improved upon' since then.

That's called momentum my dear zoomer. It takes a few brain cells but once you get used to it you realize it gives you immensely more precision and control over Samus than the other games.

Best rom hack for Super?

If "Big Modern AAA Game" existed in 1994 (let's say GTA V), nobody would have touched Super Metroid. Not only would it not have been hailed as a 'masterpiece', nobody would have played it.

Even games in the same genre are immeasurably better now. Hollow Knight makes Super Metroid feel like an early cell phone game.

POST YOUR FAVORITE:
-Suit
-Weapon
-Misc Powerup
-Planet
-Region
-Regular Enemy
-Metroid Form
-Boss
-Music
-Official Game
-Fan Game/Hack

Attached: Samus Dance.gif (200x100, 89K)

You're mistaking 'a lot of money thrown at it' with quality. By your metric, Avatar is the single best film of all time.

>Hollow Knight makes Super Metroid feel like an early cell phone game.
Hollow Knight is a cheap imitation. It's characters are, quite literally, soulless bug-people.

>-Suit
Dark Suit
>-Weapon
Missles
>-Misc Powerup
High Jump
>-Planet
Dark Aether
>-Region
Brinstar i guess
>-Regular Enemy
Zoomers are so cute.
>-Metroid Form
Omega
>-Boss
Idk
>-Music
Prelude Theme
>-Official Game
Either Prime 2 or Super
>-Fan Game/Hack
Idk

>-Suit
Light subjectively, prime 2 varia objectively
>-Weapon
Oblitorator or super plasma+wave
>-Misc Powerup
Gravity boost, dunno if that's cheating with suit but the extra boost in water was fun
>-Planet
Elysia
>-Region
Sanctuary fortress
>-Regular Enemy
Dont know, pirates and variants?
>-Metroid Form
Metroid Prime
>-Boss
Emperor ing
>-Music
Brinstar depths and variants or sanctuary fortress
>-Official Game
Prime 2
>-Fan Game/Hack
Am2r

As opposed to Super Metroid, which has a diverse cast of likable characters?

Attached: AoSKU7N.jpg (2048x2048, 340K)

Is that a literal metroid in that cast.

Yeah I found the switch from zero mission to super metroid kinda awkward at first but it grew on me and I adapted.

>Hollow Knight makes Super Metroid feel like an early cell phone game.
No.

>Suit
Phazon Suit
>Weapon
Plasma Beam
>Misc Powerup
Speed Booster
>Planet
Tallon IV or Zebes
>Region
Phendrana Drifts
>Regular Enemy
Gold Pirates
>Metroid Form
Omega
>Boss
Omega Metroid
>Music
Kraid's Lair (Zero Mission)
>Official Game
Zero Mission
>Fan Game/Hack
AM2R

>better, enhanced movement is "watered down movement systems"

Nostalgia is hitting hard.

Holy shit, that is a literal metroid. The Hollow Knight devs have no conception of how to tactfully ape other games.

It takes a bit to get used to but its not that bad, the run button annoys me more than anything

>momentum completely removed
>somehow this is better
Newer isn't always better.

>no momentum
>better

The only things the newer games have over Super is the ability to transition into a spinning jump from a straight jump.

super metroid's movement is amazing, learning how to take advantage of all the different options and actually putting them to use is one of the most fun things about the game

Don't forget ledge grabs

Except momentum sucks and is a meme of the past.

Oh no. It's retarded.

Modern Sonicfag detected.

Attached: waFvahm.jpg (1374x1068, 122K)

>-Suit
Light Suit
>-Weapon
Sonic Boom from Prime 2
>-Misc Powerup
2D Space Jump
>-Planet
Elysia in terms of aesthetics, Tallon IV in terms of overall level design
>-Region
Sanctuary Fortress
>-Regular Enemy
Flying Pirates
>-Metroid Form
Prime, if it counts
>-Boss
Phantoon
>-Music
Phendrana Drifts
>-Official Game
Super
>-Fan Game/Hack
Haven't actually played one

Because having different options of playstyles is bad, right? Games shouls always be set to "gotta go fast".

Lol I posted this a week ago but I'm not OP. This guy straight up just copy/pasted my thread from /vr/ in an attempt to shit on SM, I guess.

What did you think of SM?

I loved it! After getting used to the controls, they're much better than ZM and Fusion. I'm currently playing Samus Returns on 3DS right now, then I'm going to play SM again. It was a blast.

Nah, threads with that type of opening appear to be the only way to get a lasting thread these days, and I had an itch for a Metroid thread when I saw your post on /vr/.
I don't actually have a problem with Super's controls at all.

Hey, glad it all worked out for ya

I haven't beat SR yet, I sadly lost my copy.

You don't deserve to play it desu

I didn't think they were *that* bad to begin with either, I just wanted a SM thread too