Make it through the waking nightmare of shaded citadel without a lantern

>make it through the waking nightmare of shaded citadel without a lantern
>find one at a merchant right before i leave to go to shoreline
>shoreline is so mindblowingly easy by comparison

rainworld thread

Attached: Rain_World_logo.jpg (820x543, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwcxQ0Riemc
youtube.com/watch?v=sVntwsrjNe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shaded citadel to shoreline
bruh

What? Shaded > Shoreline is the intended route at first

what's the problem?

Attached: 1537944824152.jpg (1448x2048, 198K)

you're just gonna have to go back

just following the yellow guy, man. i went off book and hit sky islands but the grapple worms are at least 200 IQ above me at the moment and i ate shit

Attached: 1543154701204.gif (260x195, 2.44M)

at lease you can get a lantern at the start going from shore to shaded

So? Its super short coming in through Shaded, and first time players wont know that the first time around

Am I a faggot for using a wiki map to get through shaded? Like I said, I didn't have a lantern.

Attached: 1530749479851.jpg (635x767, 70K)

Just use the ingame map or mouse user

just crank that mf brightness

actually ended up squinting like a mad cunt, giving myself an eyeache, getting lost when trying to use the wiki map because idk where the fuck i was, and just followed the yellow guide the fuck outta there.

Attached: 1527731330876.jpg (516x383, 94K)

The "intended" route is Garbage -> Shoreline

Just left Five Pebbles after going back to the equivalent of the karma level -20 if there was such a thing, and I'm convinced that place is where evil slugcats go when they die, and that made me decide I won't finish this game until I make one of those blue tentacle faggots suffer. I'll follow the yellow little worms for now but once I get one of that boomsticks from the scavs, I'll paint those walls blue

So, what is this game? I keep hearing about it, and these threads remind me of the comfy STALKER threads back when OGSE would get major updates.

OP here. it's a game about being in an ecosystem where you are NOT at the top of the food chain.

but you can get to the top if you have the big brain.

lot of exploration and the AI is procedurally generated so it makes for a really fun, dynamic experience.

you gotta be smart about shit, though.

That's not a bad comparison, stalker's AI makes the game fun in much the same way that this game is fun.
difference being the difficulty curve and lack of cheese, but who's counting.

It's an exploration driven platformer
Youre an omnivore low on the food chain that has to journey through abandoned ruins as everything in the ecosystem is out to eat you, and each other

Attached: 1491348910429.png (1920x1080, 667K)

Seems neat. Is it worth the price on Steam, or are there cheaper ways?

I really like it when I can put a whole train of thought into one video

Attached: motherfuckery.webm (960x540, 2.14M)

it was on sale recently. piracy is always available.
It didn't sell well, though, so i was guilted into buying it after seeing the metacritic being so low.

Noice

$20 is more than fair if you can get into the game, its amazing
Of course, you wont know that unless you try it first

Attached: SI_A02.png (1366x768, 516K)

this game is too good to be real

Attached: 1551499039099.jpg (1200x1800, 208K)

It's a really depressing game to me
>the idea behind it is perfect for the medium
>the execution couldn't be better
>the few tiny problems there are make it all almost worthless
>it's impossible to play for long periods of time without getting frustrated
>it was critically panned
>it has no mass appeal whatsoever
>it made very little money
It's a perfect storm of bullshit

It truly is a game you only see every so often
I'm glad these threads got me to try it again

Why did the Yea Forums popularity of this game quickly fall off?

Quickly? We had recurring threads for a month or something, what more do you want?

easy come easy go

Skip to 31:20 for the greatest rain world play of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=XwcxQ0Riemc

meh

Attached: 1491429657624.webm (810x642, 2.9M)

fuck jumpscarepoletentacles

Attached: IKNEWIT.webm (960x540, 2.64M)

git gud retard

Did you grab that arena unlockable on the ceiling?

wasn't exactly hard.
really, most things you don't even really need an item for, if you're gud enough.

Attached: 1549815766950.gif (455x299, 3.75M)

Going back from the underhang to Chimney Canopy is hard as shit what the fug

Attached: fug.gif (255x183, 701K)

Fuck Moon and 5P for this

Attached: 1930DBBC-356C-438C-B668-603E5AAB8159.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

move a little to the left and just jump at the cycle

I heard about "rain world" and never looked into it couple years later I'm having one of the most kino experiences of my life thank you slugcatposters

Attached: taffypulling3.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

kek blue lizzie got some grudge at slugchad it seems

Attached: 1533990816118.gif (256x188, 3.56M)

Attached: 1548620427874.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Attached: spooked.webm (720x360, 2.6M)

Attached: 1549415494041.png (692x422, 371K)

120 cycles on me pearl run fuck the red pearl at farm arrays and the pink pearl at shoreline

Can colored pearls be permanently lost? Is there some achievement for collecting them all (also what would collecting them entail, putting them in any shelter)?

there's only an achievement for touching 3 of them
And yes they can be lost forever

>shaded to shoreling
>not drainage to garbage to shoreline
bruh

Attached: rain3.png (1804x1014, 1.05M)

Attached: shoopdawoop.webm (640x480, 2.93M)

Game looks neat. Is there enough content to justify 20$?

you know how dark souls can be completed in an hour without glitches, but usually takes eighty for your first time?

yeah this is basically the way i feel about rain world

i think the non-critical reception of it will mean that the creators are held in extremely high regard in the industry; also high end game designers surely caught wind of it. so i dont think you have to worry about the creators not being recognized etc

>Shaded Citadel>shoreline
lmao retard

do he throw the spear right into its mouth?

GDC seemed to be reasonably impressed that they scrapped their own physics engine together
youtube.com/watch?v=sVntwsrjNe4
trigger warning for people who think this game was made by nerds

theres a lot of content and its a wonderful game, just be aware that this is among the most brutal games of all time

What achievement is this?

>Quickly

The Lover

Welcome to the hardest platforming section in the game and probably the least common area for anyone to traverse behind maybe the lower right of filtration with the white leviathan.

i assure you these people are nerds.

game is notable for oustanding design in multiple dimensions thats all i care about

just ordered the double vinyl for my next acid trip

You're in for some fun when you get around to the Blue pearl in drainage too.

>Not Drainage to Filtration to Subterranean to Shoreline
>Not Farm Arrays to Sky Islands to Exterior to Shaded to Shoreline

What modes did they add in the update a few months back? Did the game change for the better?

I think the average gamer playing Rain World, even taking into account that the average buyer would probably have a much higher propensity toward 2D games to start with, would not enjoy the game

As such, did reviewers just do their job in almost universally panning this game? I really think it's just not a game a ton of people would enjoy

I think with some concessions to the brutal nature of the game it could have been a lot easier to enjoy, and I think they shouldve made those concessions in order to reach more players.

Maybe the "More Slugcats" mod will bring RW to a much larger audience?

Red pearl made me want to commit sudoku because of the deer RNG and the FUCKING VULTURES SPAWNING. My advice is go after that one empty handed so you can take three spore sacs with you. Pink pearl is easy as long as you grab a jetfish, but can be done without one as long as you've mastered the underwater butt-wiggle technique.

Just pirate or wishlist it and wait for a sale if you're so concerned. It's one of my new favorite games, but it's definitely a niche audience.

Attached: Renge Shrug.gif (500x578, 2M)

The only thing of real significance unless you're a casul is they added Hunter mode, which is just a carnivorous slugcat with cancer and everything wants to kill them twice as hard.

Well, it helps that entering from Shaded Citadel already puts you like 66% of the way to meeting Moon. If you want, after you do everything, you can go to Garbage Waste and then go to Drainage and Filtration to beat the game if you don't want to feel like you're missing too many of the areas.

explaining the movement mechanics better would have been good imo, but otherwise there's not much to do that wouldn't completely undermine the point.
calling it avant-garde would be the most cliche'd thing i could do, but it fits very well. It's not something someone that doesn't at least try to finish the game can grasp.

its too unique for the main crowd but so perfect for the people that love it. (the more slugcats mod is going to be based)

what are the odds you'd give, boys?

Attached: Sat 11-17-28 PM 2019-03-02.png (600x461, 63K)

>It's not something someone that doesn't at least try to finish the game can grasp.

I've never played the game, and I totally understand it

I dont want to play it because it will upset me, but I bought it and know everything about it. lol

he does try pretty hard to give a fair shake when something grabs him, and he does like character action games. I'd liken rain world a lot to super metroid, especially the walljumps.
I'd give it 0.1

I just got to Unfortunate Development and I fucking hate it. I guess this is why the gate that I entered from lets you leave with the bottom-most symbol. Also, how the fuck do I use the rope worms here? It just seems to fire off at random and it's been mostly useless so far.

So, is drainage system supposed to make me drop the game or what? Slugcat can't swim for shit and dies within seconds underwater and there is a tank full of those leech fucks to the other side. Have I got soft locked in here or something?

Attached: 1531719552402.jpg (433x257, 85K)

someone quick post taxation is theft

animals interact with each other
try it out

there's a trick to swimming
try it out

see a trend here

this is what i was talking about here even people here on Yea Forums who are likely the intended type of audience for this game, get really upset and frustrated with it

i think the game couldve just been 25% easier/more accessible in general, and as a result, probably 10 times as many people would have played it. i think its kind of a travesty that its so unknown

hopefully the more slugcats mod has a slugcat thats outright ez mode

If you haven't been to Shoreline yet, you're not going the right way, or at least you're not going the intended route. If you DO have to go there, boosting underwater takes up oxygen so only do it if you absolutely need to

That place is hell, it turned my grapplebros into enemies. They were shooting randomly and would end up pulling slugcat right to the blue balls bastards

I'm only annoyed at Five Pebbles because it's such a shitty place. Even the Leg and Underhang that people were warning me about was easy after figuring out to properly work the rope worms.

whats so shitty about it

it's incredibly hard to get into tight spaces if they don't have a pole to ease your way into them and you have the tentacle cunts lurking around the entire time that kill you if they touch you, and it's very easy to just fuck up and be stuck floating around for an easy kill

Don't I have to go through here, then Garbage Waste then shoreline? Even if there is an easier route I'd like to finish this map so I could leave it and don't ever come back
Do those bubble fruit have a secondary use as an oxygen pack or something?

The fruit that bubble in water are purely food, but you do find plants that give you extra oxygen if you carry them into water, but you'll have to go further in for that which you don't want to do. Go back to Garbage Wastes and head east.

If the game just booted you back to the pipe into the area instead of back to a shelter I'd be a lot happier with it.

I don't like Nintendo Hard games.

But I need to go past here to reach garbage waste, don't I?

What the fuck is that lizard doing there, I thought that was hunter only.

Attached: RWSling.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

things change after 5P.

Where did you enter the Drainage System from? I just assumed you entered it from the Garbage Wastes.

>tentacle cunts
You know there's a path through that area that doesn't involve any of those at all? Look around more you silly goose.

Attached: RWOhNo.webm (960x540, 718K)

I want to do Unfortunate Development though fucker

well you know you're doing it to yourself at least

my tip in unfortunate development is to jump when the gravity is about to go on. if you time it right it will propel straight up at maximum speeds

Are the blue tentacles hanging around in Unfortunate Development safe to touch or not? They seem fine for a while but then they suddenly just pull me into those fucking things in the walls.

The blue hanging strings are fine and you can grab on to them. If the tentacles are coming out of the wall and look like daddy tentacles (black with blue tips), stay away.

Attached: RWSamsara.webm (1280x720, 916K)