Why are journalists so obsessed with the reboot?

Why are journalists so obsessed with the reboot?

Attached: name brand vs great value.png (640x431, 528K)

it was actually good jsut like the original series

It wasn't a bad game, and it was the first DMC game many people ever played.

Old ones are too hard and Japanese for onion loving game journalists.

Free clicks. They never heard about DMC before but need to jump into bandwagon

It's a decent game

Sure it's wasn't on the same level as the previous DMC games, but that doesn't instantly invalidate it as a game.
They like riding on that DMC fan hateboner

It was good

what the fuck?
DMC didnt bring almost any newcomers mate

It was casual friendly

Anyone whos still bitching about the reboot needs to grow the fuck up.

Not him but yeah it did, it got a lot of attention and a lot of casuals at my school were way hyped over it

Made by Westerners and they put all their chips on it. If they back down and say "OK DmC sucks sorry" they feel like they'd look like bitches, so they double down.

>made by a british studio
>casual
>western made
>opposite of an ip they hate
>contrarianism

I feel disconected ,didnt it failed?

sold less than dmc4

Somehow, I don't really understand the logic of deliberately alienating the entire existing fanbase in order to sell your game. Someone explain that PR move to me.

>Somehow, I don't really understand the logic of deliberately alienating the entire existing fanbase in order to sell your game. Someone explain that PR move to me.

Ask EA

Companies are ever-hungry to increase their market share. Once they have a successful property, their only goal is to water down that property to attract as many non-players as possible to play their game.

Research has shown that, for the most part, gamers have 0 self respect and will tolerate being lied to and treated like shit by the developers who make their favorite games. So in their mind, there's very little risk involved in shitting on your current audience try and attract a new one, because the current fanbase nearly always bends the knee and buys their watered-down slop regardless of their complaints.

The only problem is that in this instance, Capcom drastically underestimated the willpower of the DMC fanbase and they were NOT prepared for the fanbase almost en masse to drop them like a hot potato and not buy their game.

tl;dr stop buying games if you're unhappy with the direction your favorite series is going

Attached: 1529020840149.jpg (616x736, 82K)

DMC4 was criticized and they thought they could do better

It failed on release. I don't know how Capcom managed it but apparently it's just behind DMC4 in copies sold. DMC4SE did sell more than DmC:DE though. Capcom made a point in their sales report.

>Why are journalists so obsessed with the reboot?

You may have noticed that games 'journalists' get a little upset when actual video game fans tell them to fuck off and nothing exemplifies that quite like DmC

Attached: 1540656866409.jpg (960x954, 135K)

who cares? all dmcs are fucking shite

Its not what I know, its different and different is scary

Because it's a historical fan backlash. Possibly one of the best examples.

n what moment there started to be "professional" journalist to cover gaming news? I honestly think the large and "profesional" outlets (AKA orgs that do this shit out of money reasons) that formed around gaming have been one of the worst things that happened to vidya discussion ever. It was a lot better when reviews and opinions were made by enthusiasts that had gaming as a side hobby and not their job or main source of income. At least that way we knew that they were being authentic.

I literally have a friend IRL who has only played DmC and doesn't understand why people were so assravaged about it. He's kind of a retard, so I just didn't bother explaining it.

DmC happened before journalists started sucking off every game coming out of Japan and had the exact kind of edgy "cool" style that all the alt-nerds at the time were in love with

but they already look like bitches, they have nothing to lose.

Why do SJWs all post stuff like this? Where is your individuality? Do you have a square face and wear thick rimmed square glasses and also have an unkempt beard by any chance? I bet you do.

I'm just not a child. It came out years ago, was its own thing, and now regular Dante is back. There's nothing to bitch about.

It was easy. It was literally a braindead easy game that you could get through with half of the buttons on your controller unbound.
Game journalists don't care about quality. They don't care about how good a game is because they don't play games for a hobby. All of them play games for a living. So an easy game that lasts eight hours and has zero replay value that they can speed through in a day and have an article up about it by lunch tomorrow is a godsend to them. It's probably one of the bright spots in an otherwise daunting and depressing life of being a dime-a-dozen mentally crippled games journalist who can be outdone at any of these games by a literal pigeon.

So here comes DMC5, a game that expects you to play it for hours to be even 'average' at it, and their response is "fuck u not muh donte"

Attached: 1388268488440.jpg (500x500, 97K)

>Talks about individuality when all he bitches about is strawmen

it's easy click bait plus a good oppurtunity to bellyache about "toxic gamers"

because they, as kids, were not allowed to play these games (because they were violent, unchristian etc.). So now, they want to bring back that piece of lost childhood by shilling for the reboot

>Acts like a literal cartoon character and then has the gall to bitch about people 'strawmanning' you.
Not him but you guys did this to yourselves. It's not a strawman when it's accurate to how you behave.

>I don't know how Capcom managed it but apparently it's just behind DMC4 in copies sold
DMC3 was only on PS2 with a terrible PC port no one bought, 1 and 2 were PS2 exclusive.

DMC4 and DmC were hyped multiplats. What's to fucking understand?

Marketers often act on the belief that once you have established a demographic of "core fans" you can do basically whatever you want and you won't lose them, so they then adjust their product and strategies to attract untapped demographics.

>DMC3 was only on PS2 with a terrible PC port no one bought, 1 and 2 were PS2 exclusive.
And the remaster
Also "only on PS2" is like saying "Only on the Xbox360.", the PS2 hands-down won that console generation.

Literally find me one "male" SJW that doesn't look like this.

Attached: sjw template.jpg (400x244, 24K)

It failed on release. Capcom had to lower sales expectation to 800k. That's pretty bad considering the series. It's multiplat but managing to climb over the other games in copies sold is pretty impressive to me.

I'm only assuming but
>saw easy stories when people started complaining about the design
>inherit western-bias in western games' journalism
>could make easy articles as more fan outrage happens
>game is more accessible than previous entries
>game is easier than previous entries, both in difficulty and difficulty of attaining good style ranks
>pretty unique aesthetics, even if its color palette is just really overpowering Blues, Greens, Reds, and Oranges
>less "anime" story and characters
>rebellious "fite da man" story is more easy to relate to for western audiences, I guess? Although DMC was basically always about humanity and family before, which I would assume would be easier to relate, so I'm probably wrong on this point.
>somehow it got stuck with the perception of having a deeper story than the previous games
>not half a game like DMC4
BUT HEY
THAT'S JUST A THEORY

Attached: 1548706948339.jpg (242x353, 60K)

Fuck y'all I liked DmC before it was cool. Original Devil May Cry is still the best game though

PREDICTIONS
If Devil May Cry 5 ends being a bad game it will get 1, 2, 3 /10 or 0-30/100 critic scores everywhere.
If Devil May Cry 5 ends being a good game it will get 7-8 / 10 or 70-80 / 100 critics scores, with those 80s being very reluctant scores.

Regardless of the game's quality, it will be compared negatively to DmC and Soulsborne. Had Sekiro been released before or at the same time it would be used as weapon against 5 too.

Attached: 1508879407981.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

It was a DMC for the 21st Century, that's why they love it.

DmC's fine as an action game, it just never should have been made as a replacement for better action games, especially not when it's borrowing so many other aspects from previous entries and just doing them worse

Attached: 1551394290087.jpg (599x945, 89K)

That was the case for DmC but haven't you played the DMC5 demo? Enemies take too long to attack. Enemy Step and Snatch are too overpowered. They increased the hitbox for Enemy Step and Exceed windows is bigger. Add this with low gravity buildup and barely any enemy ranged attacks and you get an easy game. The style meter has always been finicky about which moves give more style but the Breakers give a massive amount of style and the decay isn't fast enough.

The jurnos were part of the DmC problem. They liked the reboot and hated all the fans of the original.

>journo says some stupid shit that is completely and utterly incorrect
>people tell him he said some stupid shit that is entirely and utterly incorrect
>>"ugh, this is why people hate DMC fans
I've been seeing this retarded shit happen at such an alarming frequency and it blows my mind just how petty and childish these faggots are

Attached: 1549221859510.gif (353x209, 2.62M)

The best part is that Matt Walker later in an interview with that same guy basically told him he was a fucking idiot for beefing with the fans

>Enemies take too long to attack
Maybe the low tier trash but Hell Cainas were pretty aggressive on par with mid level sins

You gotta remember these "journalists" are the lowest of the low in their respective field and it shows in their unprofessional

DMC fans or jounos?

I said this yesterday, but no one's more obsessed with DmC than the fanbase itself. At least Falloutfags have a reason to be mad, as their IP belongs to their respective Ninja Theory

>journalists
Paid bloggers. Please stop enabling them by giving them a title from a field they've never studied or worked in.

Hell Cainas are still pretty slow. It also doesn't help how easy they are to snatch into the air. They can't attack you in the air. They rarely block. I'm just saying if they had a ranged attack, They'll be way better enemies. It's not really cool or stylish when you're styling on retarded enemies.

True, but I have faith Angelos look agressive as fuck especially with their formation attacks

You people don't understand. Journalists were OBSESSED with defending this game. This was beyond shilling. Even when they ported to current gen consoles, the shilling was still there. Even the Itsuno shilled DmC. How much did Capcom pay?

I really hope the latter enemies are more aggresive and stronger. I just hope. I'm a huge fan of the series and I don't really understand why they had to do these changes when they were completely functional before. Combos and freedom was a huge appeal of DMC but challenge were a medium size part of it. I wouldn't have screamed my heart out when I beat Cerberus on the original release if he was easy.

Remember how these journalists acted like everyone who disliked DmC "Just didn't like Dante's new hair"?

Hey we haven't gotten Turbo-mode yet or seen the harder difficulties, the demo was just that a demo to give us a taste, the real thing will hopefully be much better and up to par

Not enough to stop DMChads.

Attached: 1545068528513.jpg (1024x576, 106K)