Literally the Bloodborne fishing hamlet shark giant reskinned

youtube.com/watch?v=VMiDSZDxXCM
>literally the Bloodborne fishing hamlet shark giant reskinned
>same animations
>even the same fucking sounds
>reskin is a rehash of pic related who was already a rehash of Father Gascoigne
woah... so this... is the power... of FromSoft's A Team....

Attached: lycanthrope.png (748x610, 563K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HzeI5Y4mN-o?t=282
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember when those enemies slammed you into the ground and threw you

i can't blame fromsoft. i mean, all they need to do is reskin dark souls and retards will throw money at them

It's the closest non-PS4 owners will get to playing Bloodborne, so there's that.

the startup where he lunges is exactly the same animation, only difference is he throws you instead of swallowing you.

DS3 is shit but it's still miles better than the slideshow running at 20fps that is bloodborne

2>1>3>shit>BB

So?

Yeah i remember the part where he hammerfists you and slingshot suplexes you

>2 > anything
glad we can safely discard your opinion

cringe

Name one AAA developer that doesn't reuse assets.

Sekiro is B-team though

The A-team is working on Bloodborne 2 right now.

Attached: bait-poster.jpg (598x400, 80K)

>FromSoft's A Team
?
They're working with sony on another materpiece user
this is the b-squad

>same animations
Are you only just now noticing this? They've been doing this for ages now. This goes back to fucking King's Field, but most noticeably with Demon's and Dark Souls.

DS3 is irredeemable shit. BB may have dogshit performance and is stuck on a terrible platform, but it's still a great game. DaS3 is a turd that runs smooth as silk.
BB>1>DeS>>>>>>>DaS2>DaS3
at least dark souls 2 had an ounce of originality and wasn't a fucking straight line

Attached: 1550970579868.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Do you people think FromSoft has 500+ employees? This is their first Souls game in 3 years and they worked on Deracine and a new Armoured Core, there's not going to be another Souls game for another 2 years minimum after Sekiro.

They have an unannounced "Souls like" game in development right now.

FromSoft has used the same giant anims for DS3, Bloodborne and now Sekiro

Sekiro is done, Deracine is done and was like a demo.

Didn't he say From Software-like games, not Soulslike? That could easily apply to Armored Core. I don't think we'll see Bloodborne 2 until late 2020 at the earliest, I don't believe there is a thing as an A or B team at FromSoft, the only reason DS2 sucked so much ass was due to development issues. I do think Sekiro is being developed by their best/senior staff though and will be a fine game, unlike the real of the autistic fans on this board who like to start wars with each other for whatever reason, I'm going to guess it has something to do with console warring children.

>fishing hamlet shark giant

oh god the flashbacks are coming back... those 2 giants in the well...

Attached: 1551365249124.jpg (1154x650, 68K)

you said Bloodborne?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

Why are they naked?

Nobody cares when video games use stock libraries to do their sound effects, why complain when they do it with animation.

Those enemies are harder than some of the bosses in the Old Hunters DLC.

Is this Nioh?

He said they had three major projects:
>A dark fantasy action RPG with a feeling "similar but different" to Dark Souls
>Something different from past From titles that is "a bit weird" (Deracine)
>A reboot of a game From Software has made in the past
Originally, people thought this quote meant a new Armored Core, but the revelation that Sekiro began its life as a Tenchu game makes it obvious that it's this one. Since we also know Sekiro isn't really something you can call an "RPG", it's ruled out from being the dark fantasy game he referenced.

This has never been a triple A company and never have they pretended to be. They recycle shit constantly and cut corners everywhere. Nothing wrong with that.

[FromSoft has some of the highest quality models in video games with ridiculously high polygon counts, but their shaders and lighting is some of the worst for a major studio in recent years. They really need to revamp their engine or work with a another one, their games already look dated and run poorly for how dated they look.

It's funny that people even complain about it when you have massively successful games like Monster Hunter where reusing shit is one of the core tenets.

>literally that one monster from Berserk
Why is Miyazaki such a fanboy?

>FromSoft has some of the highest quality models in video games with ridiculously high polygon counts
weebs actually believe this LMAO

kek

Monster Hunter is the worst for it, the main focus is monsters and yet most of them use the same few skeletons.

>with ridiculously high polygon counts
So they're dogshit at optimizing their game using available mapping technologies, gotcha.

Kinda weird how this game is set on actual historical setting.I feel like they could do much more if they've just set it in a world with just japanese aesthetics but no real world historical setting

yeah its the shaders and the lightning

kek

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 969K)

you're quite some years late on this realization.
If you haven't noticed it, DaS was already a rehash of Demon's Souls, possibly even their older games that I haven't played. FromSoft are hacks since ages. The only good one is DaS2.

They've already said there's going to be a part where the game "opens up" similar to Bloodborne. Expect something fucky on the same level as the cosmic ayys.

they always loophole this with the "convoluted timeline" shit. it's their schtick, but BB was their last game where they actually tried to make new unique assets and animations.

Shaman Bone Blade

2fags looking for another game to shit on, shocking.

People overvalue novelty. Would it make the game better if it were new animations made from scratch that just end up serving the same purpose?

You know skin shaders are what make skin look good, right?
But anyways, I was referring to the envionents. Every individual brick is modeled and rendered without tricks and so on, there's a reason most games don't do that, that being it's stupidly performance heavy with almost no benefit. My point is that they could optimize things such as that (see screenshot) and used the gained performance increase on shaders.
It's like they're developing for the PS2 and never learned modern development tricks.

Attached: 1535015552884.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

>these animations look similar they must be reused!
>Never mind that would be impossible with different skeletals and a different engine running at higher for

Jesus you niggas dumb

It's good to have inspiration

And a comparison with Origins, you can clearly see the brick road is just a texture with shading added for depth.
That is what I mean by them using ridiculously high polygon models and no one can really deny that.

Attached: 1538396454980.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

BB and 3 use the same engine.

>Every individual brick is modeled and rendered without tricks and so on, there's a reason most games don't do that,
play a modern western game please and they all do it and even better

The Division has insane amount of clutter on the map and the detail is literally unmatchable by any other game

>comparing huge open world game with living world and everything VS some smalltime openhub-linear empty game
>ignore all the huge ass detail in origins on the screen vs the empty and heavily undetailed map in your DS3 screenshot
kek

shading has no soul

It is really fucking fishy that ever since the announcement of this game - which was what 1-1.5 years ago? We have only ever been fed with the same shitass tutorial demo area and its 3 enemy types recycled OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

What the fuck are they hiding if this is supposed to be a 20-30 hours game?
This is extremely fucking dubious from a marketing strategy point of view.

Attached: oi m80 sumfins fishy.gif (500x259, 494K)

I genuinely like this look and prefer it to parallax mapping or just using a normal mapped texture. DS3 uses simplygon extensively so it isn't that performance intensive.

>unirnoically compares a game where you have literally .jpeg background vs a fully sized open world game
you have to be kidding mate

>GREETINGS, CHOSEN UNDEAD

Attached: 6eh63h63h653.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

>that being it's stupidly performance heavy with almost no benefit

This isn't strictly true. In fact modern video cards can shit out triangles like there's no tomorrow. If anything it's more performant these days to model as much as you can. Texture size is big efficiency hog, which it why we still see crazy amounts of mip-mapping and texture pop in even in very modern engines.

Don't you remember Bloodborne? They choked the hell out of what was shown in prerelease footage in order to keep a lid on the ayy lmaos. There's very obviously some big story thing they don't want you to know starting the game.

>Origins: can see the pyramids and the tower of alexndria from 50000 miles away and is actually rendered
>meanwhile at From Software

Attached: BB_poweroftheps4.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

It's actually Bloodborne 2 and they're misleading us with ninjas and samurai. Mark my words.

I have played TD and they use the exact same tricks, notice how the roots to the right are completely flat and 2D? Or how they merge into the ground's texture using shading to add a bit of depth? Or how the walls are completely flat, once again, using texture to add depth?

Attached: 1520064334064.jpg (2560x1080, 558K)

I can't wait for the PSV update

I hate the lighting in this game so much. I can't count how many times I've thought there was an item somewhere only to find it was just some bright reflection on the water for no reason.

I'm tired of japanese setting.We got Nioh,we got a bajillion Tenchus(Shinobido Way of the Ninja was kino),it has come to a point where I probably know more about japanese fantasy tropes than european medieval tropes.

Already confirmed no Bloodborne 2 in development

It's gonna have some twist with weird demons and shit, we've already seen a bit of it.
youtu.be/HzeI5Y4mN-o?t=282

>the walls are completely flat
>you can literally see the sign the wall cast shadows even in your shitty cherrypicked screenshot
imagine being this mad that From Software games looks absolute and are years behind in technology

Yes, the sign casts shadows because it's a 3D object on the wall.
Are you genuinely retarded? I've already stated that From Soft games look dated and are years behind when it comes to shaders and lighting, why are you so mad? I'm simply stated that FromSoft games have much higher detail that most games in terms of strict polygon counts, which is true.

>Comparing a game whose entire credits could probably fit inside just the modeling section of the other's
From Software is not a Triple AAA studio.

Triangles are cheap. Transparency/alpha isn't cheap. Texture switching isn't cheap. Dynamic shadows isn't cheap (and wasted bandwidth). Deferred rendering isn't cheap (wastes lots of bandwidth) (all that post-processing / screen-space effect crap like bloom and what not).

If you wanted to make a game that looks good and exploits these facts. Go with unshaded style like in KH1/KH2.

This would've been perfect place to use tesselation. Normal/parallax/bump maps look very bad for major details like these.

>that teleporting OHKO they have
i fucken hate DaS3

I cant wait to play Sekiro

>FromSoft games have much higher detail that most games in terms of strict polygon counts, which is true.
it isnt true
and only you are retarded here even making such stupid statement, especially since polygons are hardly the performance taxing things, its the lighting and shadows which as already showcased cant do for shit
looks like shit and have a draw distance of 2 meters

lets not even mention the fact that you cherrypicked a screenshot with a flat wall, because whoa office buildings do have flat as fuck walls IRL
funny how you didnt post an outside wall from Division where they shitton of detail and are destructiable
The Division is the only game here that is unmatched in detail, even mentioning a FROM game next to it is a big fucking joke

Attached: divdestruction.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

I can. Especially until it's on heavy sale with all it's usual DLC bullshit included.

>the board's resident Ubishill is here
oh boy
ghost recon screenshot folder spam in 3... 2... 1...

>div1
I fucking tried this shit in div2 and it was a horrible downgrade.

The only way you're ever going to get hit by that is by mashing R1 like a retard

Yeah I didn't take any outdoor screenshots because frankly, TD2 looks like absolute shit outside and the interiors are its saving grace. The same tricks are used outside too, once again using shading to add depth to a flat texture. There's a lot of clutter around but that's the only thing you'd consider high poly.

Attached: 1532267558994.jpg (1920x1080, 945K)

Attached: yikes.png (720x405, 93K)

i like how you didnt post The Division which is currently insanely BTFOing your weeb ass because it has exactly what you were talking about and a shitton more ahahaha

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

>DLC bullshit
From's one of the best companies when it comes to DLC. They've already said Activision is not calling the shots when it comes to paid content, they'll be no Day 1 DLC, no loot boxes, no paid cosmetic shit.

>TD2 looks like absolute shit outside
looks better than any FROM game to me
>detailed models
>detailed environment
>good textures
>good lighting
>has shadows
i mean id take if FROM games wouldnt have PS2 textures but even thats too much to ask

The Division looks worse than Origins, much worse. They got way with the the shitty lighting in 1 because of the snow, now with everything being bright the open world looks like shit.

>weebs actually so retarded he thinks From games look better than this
L O L

Again, the Ubi fag is unable to read. This is strictly about polygon count, as I've stated enough times for you to not be able to miss it unless you were mentally ill.

pussy

you are so mad at nothing get a life lmao

It's not a full rpg.It's story driven,probably linear,there's few bosses aswell,there's probably alot of cutscenes.This game will flop critically but will sell well

Attached: 1548525015288.jpg (750x1000, 160K)

It doesn't matter how good the DLC itself is, what matters is you always have to wait until they've released all of it and then the special version to actually get the full fucking game. I'm not about to sperge out and buy the game day one and deal with all the inevitable bugs and oversights that need patching, and still have to then pay out more money to get the rest of the content when I can just wait for the game to be fucking completed.

polygon count is about 1000x bigger in The Division or any other AAA game in existence
if you who is in completely denial

soul
soulless

>Every individual brick is modeled and rendered without tricks and so on
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.74M)

>This game will flop critically
Games only "flop critically" when they're irredeemably bad, like Anthem.

>chained ogre
>it's just a gaijin

this desu. I've only played a few hours of BB on my gfs ps4, but holy fuck is it chunky and jaggies everywhere. no thanks.

You get a full fucking game to start with. The thing that's good about From DLC is they don't leave gaping holes in the world to fill them with DLC and make the game complete, they ship a complete game and add onto it. If you want to wait a year to save like $20, feel free.

Sekiro isn't having Denuvo is it, bros?

Shoes have soles, and you collection many shoes in Division.

>a boring, contrived shit game is better than a great one because muh performance benchmarks
pc shits everyone

nice cherrypick weeb-kun but since already demolished your retarded statement im gonna put one more level on it
its even a similar area to your also cherrypicked DS3 screenshot so its perfectly fair comparison :)

Attached: 20171030232124.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

>slideshows are ok as long as they are exclusive
snoys everyone

wrong. it tracks you like a heat seeking missle. fuck he'll change direction in mid air to get you. you just have to run 20 ft away to avoid. Also stop excusing teleporting ohkos

No, it isn't OK. It's actually abhorrent that Bloodborne will always be trapped on such a dogshit platform with such poor performance, but this doesn't change a fact that as a game, Bloodborne is great and DaS3 is dogshit.

It's a grab attack.
The way grab attacks work is by syncing your and the grabber's location so the animations can play out. If it "changed direction", it's just because you got hit by the side of the grab hitbox and it made the location sync look awkward.

He doesn't know
>Inb4 but muh DLC

funny how they can be found at ds3 in game files

What exactly?

Why did this need a separate trailer? The game is less than a month away and all we get is this crap? Damn man, whoever is in charge of the marketing for Sekiro should get their shit together.

They should get their shit together by not releasing anything at all and just have a launch trailer ready 1 week before release

there's a big reveal stream on the march 10

you got it almost right, it is 1>2>3

It does look fucking awkward when he misses, but theres no such thing as a near miss for him, so he magnets 2 ft from landing zone and is now ontop of your head killing you. Its also unfun as fuck.

>Every individual brick is modeled and rendered without tricks

this fucking retard never looked into bump mapping

Attached: 1551406291655.png (800x840, 308K)

I actually really like when Fromsoft uses the same sound effects throughout all their games. Like the man-faced demons in Latria having the same groans as the fire-breathing crickets in Blighttown.

psnow BB is actually unplayable

>that one dude who got fucking furious at me when I said Sekiro is copying a lot of animations from previous games

Konami

From games aren't bad looking, they're pretty good looking games and filled with a lot of detail.
But when Capcom goes out and makes this and gets it to run at 60fps on base consoles then you know From is far behind in the tech area and relies on good art design for the vast majority of the time in order to look good

Attached: 6.jpg (960x540, 180K)

>Implying you even have an opinion
Hating 2 means being a dumb sheep

The characters are the only thing that look good in that game, Capcom is leagues behind many AAA studios too. Monster Hunter especially, it's a pretty damned ugly game for how poorly it runs.

smelly turds>you

The marketing for Sekiro has been such enormous crap it has actively tanked my interest in the game. This has never happened before with any other game I have been interested in. They have shown jack shit about Sekiro and I don't know what to make of the game. It's not enough for me to be certain that the game will at least be worth a full price purchase or not for me.

it's fucking humid bro

>fromsoft reusing assets
Whoa what a letdown

Attached: 14419755644262.jpg (500x334, 100K)

>FromSoftware make same game with same enemies again
Whoa. No shit.

Attached: FromSoftware.jpg (1773x826, 857K)

>fromsoft is intellectually bankrupt
:O (surprised face)

>Souls babs crying that the game isn't souls enough
>contrarians on Yea Forums saying that it's the same shit all over again
so which one is it?

>reusing assets while also trying to distance yourself from your one trick pony is acceptable
>fallout 76 syndrome

>literally just a reskinned Harald Legion Knight with the same belly attack

That movement is terrible

Yea Forums will say Royal Rat Authority is a reskinned Sif.

RRA is a lazy as fuck bossfight and only hurts the overall experience of the game that you take out using the very same tactics you use against Sif, yes. But they're not a reskin

I see they didn't even bother to change the sound effects, everything sounds the same as it did in DS3 and BB.

>it's a bad thing that they aren't spoiling the entire game before it's released

Cut them some slack, they have five soulsbourne games they had to make, each one having hundreds of different enemy types for different areas. So yea, you make a sixth game without repeating an enemy type or two.

Novelty isn't inherently valuable.

I just hope the map/exploration is good since they dropped the RPG stuff. I do remember Game Informer saying the even access skill trees you have to get items, so it might be like Bloodborne where an optional area isn't that optional.

or your first few hours are very streamlined to get you X, Y and Z and then it can finally open up

Just give me Dark Souls 4 but in a futuristic setting with androids like Nier

yeah it's an action game, not an RPG
if you want an "RPG" go play call of duty and assassin's creed
we already know the game isnt linear and has about the same number of bosses as dark souls
and why do you keep saying the game will sell well
it's a new IP and most people hate the japanese setting

>most people hate the japanese setting
Projecting.

What setting could they use for a dark fantasy RPG that isn't souls?

>Japanese setting games are popular outside of killing gooks in WW2

Explain why this is a bad thing in detail please.

I wanna laugh.

>The Division is the only game here that is unmatched in detail,
how good is that detail gonna make your dead end game and forgotten status mate?

It can still just be a western fantasy inspired setting that has nothing to do with the Flame, or Archtrees, etc. Basically, Bamco owns the Dark Souls IP, just like Sony owns Demon's Souls, so they'd just scrub off the identifying marks again and make something new again.

Yeah, cause nobody bought Nioh or anything.

>gooks
Try to make it a little less obvious, user.

The only thing hurting my hype for this game are the animations. The player character has really stiff and jarringly fast animations, and then a lot of enemies have extremely almost too buttery animations. Really inconsistent but I suck FromSoft dick for souls games so I'm sure I'll love it

>cause nobody bought Nioh or anything.
Nioh was less than a quarter as popular as DS3

>japanese horror

goddamn i'm getting a boner

demo was ugly as shit

Fuck japanese settings

>Name one AAA developer
>developer
>Konami