Kingdom Hearts

So how do you guys feel about Kingdom Hearts as a whole?
The Story So Far is back in stock at a few places near me and I was thinking of grabbing it.
I haven't really played a KH game since around the time 2 launched. I beat the first two games and remember enjoying them but that was a long time ago and I've heard the first game doesn't hold up very well.
I figured 40$ for six games (I think?) and a couple of "movies" made up of other games is a pretty good deal,what do you guys think?

Attached: Kingdom Hearts.jpg (500x717, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

piczel.tv/gallery/fujoposter
youtube.com/watch?v=1f4TpLCd2fI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I figured 40$ for six games (I think?) and a couple of "movies" made up of other games is a pretty good deal,what do you guys think?
Honestly go for it.
The thing is worth it for KH2FM alone.
Other than kh1 the ganes are hit or miss.
You either love the command system or you fucking hate it.

Pretty much this, finished 2 the other night and loved it, haven't gotten around to BBS and replaying DDD yet because I'm taking a break for a couple weeks

I've only played 1, 2, and 3.

I can tell you that 1 & 2 are worth the price alone and everything else can be seen as a bonus. Birth by Sleep is supposed to be a good game too.

It's very worth it and I still feel that KH1 holds up well enough. A couple of design choices scream this is a game from 2002 but it's still perfectly playable.

KH1 is still good, it's just super clunky until you get the right abilities to improve your maneuverability. It's still my favorite.
CoM on gameboy was fun, still prefer it to the remake.
2 is enjoyable and corny.
Osaka games are a bit flaccid but there's no reason not to play them if you're already invested in the franchise.

Also, taking KH drawing requests. /vg/ is too slow.

Attached: ung.png (789x747, 417K)

I don't think the first KH really needed a sequel, it just fucked up the story to nearly irredeemable levels. I would have liked to see more collaboration IPs with SE/Disney other than this specific series.

For what it's worth, it really looked like Pixar levels were outstanding in 3. Feels like they let SE have free reign on everything about their respective worlds; whereas other worlds felt a little underwhelming in comparison.

Shoo faggot go back to

got a pixiv or something?

Thanks for all the replies.
Probably gonna grab it later today.

Well I'm also really excited for DMC 5 coming out in a few days. Maybe draw Sora dressed up as Dante or something?
Sora,Donald and Goofy as Virgil (or the new V guy) Dante and Nero? I like your artstyle user but I'm not looking for any lewd shit,just throwing out ideas.

no way, that place is gay
piczel.tv/gallery/fujoposter
I'm super hyped for DMC as well, I'll give it a try. Might take me a while to finish and the thread will probably be dead by the time I'm done, but I'll upload it to my gallery.

So what's the general consensus for why the KH series turned out as it did? People point to XIII and XIV being unmitigated trash on release as the start of the daisy chain but some have also claimed the Spirits Within was the first domino to topple. Think KH3 would have been better had it come out on PS3 like Vs XIII was intended to?

If you're even remotely curious about the series, fucking go for it dude. It's an amazing bang for your buck and I think the experience has aged fairly well if you play in release order

Can you draw something that is not gay?
Like a lewd Kairi, Naminé or olette?

I guess I don't know what stance you're taking as far as to say how it turned out. The three kingdom hearts games seem solid to me, other than KH3 being in development hell for a long long time, but everything about the games seems exceptional for their release periods.

If we go back to take a look at the history of Square/soft/Enix, the company has had their fair share of home runs and strike outs. I'd say that they were doing really well around the 1995-1999 time, as were a lot of companies, but they were dropping AAA titles by the boat load. The whole Spirits Within movie really fucked with the companies profits as it was a colossal failure; the movie was just weird to begin with, and it was advertised with the "Final Fantasy" moniker to help give it household recognition. While games like FF7 were a worldwide success, videogames in general back then weren't at the same level of popularity as they are now, so it did little to help get people into the movie theater to see it. While I don't think that Spirits Within caused the company to lose it's market confidence, I think the big issue is with how damned long Square is to develop games, how they spend exorbitant amounts of money on such games when the return, even with global acclaim, would be small, and how misguided and continually repeat offending they continue to be. That being said, KH3 was a great game, just long overdue, and I don't know why that the length was such an issue because I don't know how the development process is in the industry, let alone at Square Enix. If anything though, some of their risks, like making a collaborative game with using Disney IPs for example, have turned out a massive success. One thing I do appreciate about SE is they always try to innovate in the market.

Turned into DMC3 Dante
Goofy is Lady
Donald will be Trish.
It would be gay for me to draw girls, baka. Besides I only like drawing sadistic women.

Attached: dante sora.png (622x873, 91K)

>It would be gay for me to draw girls
>an actual fujo
can I request that you do not draw anything at all?

Attached: 1547403805306.jpg (536x365, 31K)

>Goofy is Lady
>Donald will be Trish.
Certainly didn't expect that,but hey I'm looking forward to it either way.

Don't worry I'm not a shipper
I'm just a sadist and I want to see cute boys bullied.

Then I request you draw larxene domming Sora or someone else.
She might not be my kind of gal, but I am sure it would make a lot of other anons happy.

Attached: tumblr_n550h9Ujjz1sphg4eo1_1280.png (694x379, 225K)

this goofy looks jank as fuck lel, Gonna have to redraw him.
Sora is too pure to be bullied, only boys with darkness in their hearts deserved to be bullied.
I'll draw Larxene bullying Riku, or Repliku. electrocuted until he throws up and pisses himself

Attached: sora dante 2.png (913x841, 136K)

>Larxene bullying Riku, or Repliku.
That's fin-
>electrocuted until he throws up and pisses himself
I get what I bargained for.
Don't hold back

Attached: 20181207_100039.jpg (680x690, 240K)

I'm still looking forward to it user,so even if the thread dies before you finish I'll keep an eye on your gallery.
Sounds like you're into some weird shit based off that spoiler though. What exactly is a fujo?
Sorta like a masochist or sado masochist or something?

Fujoshi is japanese for "dirty girl", usually means a girl who is obsessed with [boy's love]

it's the fanfiction of an autistic japanese man and i love it

Attached: 1551349316767.jpg (574x528, 35K)

I see.
The whole electrocuted thing made it sound like somebody into torture or something.

sure go for it, its good, dumb fun
imo its also one of the most easy to get into series now that there is a collection like The Story So Far which contains almost everything with the series being all over the place before
At most try to play 1, Re:Chain of Memories, then 2 and if you like it then play in release order from then on

>Don't hold back

Attached: vanitas.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

I don't suppose there's any chance of the couple og KH games that are just movies in the collection getting a remake?
Haven't played it myself but 358/2 days letting you play as so many different characters seems cool. Would be neat to see it playable on something besides a DS though.

play 1 2 and bbs

Yeah I have been playing KH randomly troughout the years, tried all except the gamboy one.
Im getting this when it comes to Europe and KH3

youtube.com/watch?v=1f4TpLCd2fI

That's neat.
Still seems kinda rough around the edges cause it's a DS game,but better than playing it at the original resolution at least.

fuck it I'm hungry time to make food

Attached: blegh.png (728x471, 101K)

Yeah and if they ESRGAN the textures/hud/etc it would look like an early 2000s pc title atleast

Attached: esrgan.png (1885x937, 596K)

What is ESRGAN?

Okay, this is hot

A new technique used to upscale images(so perfect for textures)

Attached: AWd24hX.gif (1138x634, 933K)

draw a sadistic looking donald duck bullying old xenoheart with a boy's body

The two PS2 console games are fantastic. KH3 was bad. The handheld games are meh at best. Franchise took a dive after KH2. Story went to complete shit too.

Oh,neat.

Yeah the franchise is important history of videogames but they could have consolidated KH as a top 3 best franchise ever contender if they kept the momentum after ps2 titles launching similar quality titles on ps3/360

Pretty good.
If you're a trophy hunter be prepared to rip your eyes out at re:com's bullshit tedium. Otherwise, the games are fun, there's not too many bugs, and kh1/2's final mixes are worth the price tag all by themselves.

Play better games. You could get every RE on PS3 for cheap now, play that instead

Attached: Screenshot (65).png (1580x1176, 1.27M)

When does Critical Mode get fun? It feels like total bullshit.

If you're ready to accept the convolutedness (I hope that's a word) then Kingdom Hearts is a fun series. These games are no masterpieces, though.

>Kingdom Hearts 1

It hasn't aged well, but like said, later abilities will improve maneuverability.

>Kingdom Hearts ReCoM

Gameplay wise, KH ReCoM is polarizing amongst the fanbase, but the story is essential to understanding Kingdom Hearts 2. Fuck you, I liked, Chain of Memories' gameplay.

>Kingdom Hearts II

I'm being biased, but this game is the pinnacle of the series, and also a fluke. The series wasn't the same after this, and Nomura could have easily ended the story here. Instead he just made things even more convoluted.

>Birth By Sleep

If you decide to continue after Kingdom Hearts II, then BBS is an okay game. Just know that the story is going to get convoluted as fuck at this point.

Attached: 1551451218790.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

As soon as you start getting growth abilities

I've never played KH before, but I really want to, and I know theres tons of games and like remakes and shit. All I have is a 3ds and a ps4 and a PC, what should I buy to play, I dont really understand what games are what desu.

Look up "The Story So Far"
It's a PS4 collection that comes with pretty much every game except KH3.
Also a couple of them aren't playable,two or three of them are just movies made out of remastered cutscenes.
It still comes with like six playable games though.