RIP PS Vita - Production ends in Japan

gematsu.com/2019/03/ps-vita-production-ended-in-japan

>Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has officially ended production of PS Vita in Japan, according to the official Japanese PlayStation website.

>The pages for the PCH-2000 ZA11 (PS Vita Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (PS Vita Aqua Blue) SKUs, which were the only two remaining PS Vita models in production, now read “shipments ended.”

>PS Vita first launched in December 2011.

F

Had a pretty good run.

Attached: PS_Vita.jpg (679x329, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGxN6zYYNdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You were too beautiful for this world.

I'll still turn you on once a year to play Soul Sacrifice Delta.

It's 2019, have you hacked your Vita yet, user?

Attached: 1550990000027.png (546x704, 433K)

I'm still waiting for Persona 5 port

Same

W-we aren't crazy, r-right?

f

>Had a pretty good run
No games
Meme memory cards
No games
2nd gen downgrade
No games

S

Attached: [BUZZER].jpg (480x360, 14K)

im hopefull but honestly im doubtful, cathrine full body isnt even released in eng for vita

They can still sell it as digital

As long Vita PSN is not shutting down i will never give up hope

Sony are fucking incompetent, Jesus Christ... If they'd have used actual SD Cards instead of proprietary memory cards and kept making fun exclusives instead of dropping an Uncharted and Killzone game and then expecting the console to sell based on that it would have done better.

is the latest firmware cracked? might try to import one of these

I hacked all three

There're guy in reddit making full english patch for catherine right now and he got lot of help, hopefully the patch will release this year

You understand that the SD cards were the only thing that allowed it to compete at a reasonable price point, right? No SD cards means the price has to go up to $400 to make up for it.
The Vita was a shit concept from start to finish, it would have never sold.

I just did in october last year. It's insanely nice to be able to uncap the clocking in a bunch of games that run like ass because of the underclocking, like berserk musou. Don't get me wrong, the game is still bad but it's almost always 30fps when you let that fucker run full speed. Haven't tried my hand at overclocking yet but I don't know of any games besides maybe FFX that would really benefit from it. I own like 85% of the vita library (across all regions) so the piracy wasn't a big part of it for me. I really do love the vita. having a proper PSP jammed into it now means I can replace my PSP as an emulation station in my pocket.

Attached: 2018-10-24-121558.png (960x544, 306K)

The SD card fiasco did fuck them over but Nintendo hosting both Pokemon and Monster Hunter was the decisive blow. With no system seller to depend on and smartphones encroaching the portable scene there was no incentive left to seriously support it.

>Sony releases their final game for the Vita in 2015
>Shortly afterwards establishes a new studio dedicated solely to mobile titles called Forward Works
>Forward Works is completely overshadowed by Fate Grand/Order making $500 million in its first year
Turns out dumb waifu mobile "games" that cost like $100 to make would have killed the vita anyway

Attached: 1548923503000.png (574x646, 368K)

Now imagine if faggots order was on vita too. Literally all that would have needed to be done was just push out a port since they shitcanned all the other f2p games on it, like that one where you conquered the globe.

>have old vita
>no charger
>literally no disposable income for the last 5 weeks due to starting new job
Finally im going to buy a charger and hack the life out of this shit. I have been planning on all the shit I want for so long.

Finally bought one of these.
Can't wait to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Attached: l2r2-button-grip-cover-black-407955.2.jpg (640x640, 37K)

what is the best game on this thing that is not a port? I kinda want to get into Vita but on the outside it seems kinda shitty for actual vita games and not homebrew

Killzone Mercenary
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Freedom Wars

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tearaway
Muramasa Rebirth(INFINITELY better than Wii version)
Adventures of Mana
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Gravity Rush
Freedom Wars
Oreshika
Also, not trying to be a shit-eating fanboy, but I doubt you've played every port/PS1/PSP game. Playing them on a handheld alone makes them great.

I forgot to mention Killzone Mercenary, as well. Surprisingly good game.

Persona 4 Golden. I'm not sure why people are trying to deny it. Golden is definitely a unique game in itself due to all of the changes.

I still remember the time when we its what called the NGP and after it was renamed into the PSVita here in Yea Forums it was still called the NGP: No Games Portable. Fuck man, time sure does fly.

Attached: Nogaemsportable.jpg (252x252, 23K)

Mercenary is indeed fantastic. Best handheld FPS I've played. I know Yea Forums shits on Uncharted but Golden Abyss on Vita is pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGxN6zYYNdQ

Western production stopped by the end of 2015 with all store restocks cancelled before the fiscal year ended March 31st 2016.

They left game publishing open for the console and some people figured out if you make a limited print run, you're guaranteed to sell out. At the same time $20 PSTV units on fire sale brought in a bunch of people who thought they were going to get ports of PS4 games and not have to buy a PS4 or use PS+

So here we are today.

Conception 2 is a better Persona game ironically.

Persona 4 Golden
Plus versions of Atelier games (Dusk is the only one left exclusive, but Arland DX was a copy paste job with a teaser for Atelier Lulua tacked on)

TxK is an interesting one because the original creator of Tempest made a Tempest game but got sued by Atari and ended up making Tempest 4000 with them.

F

Nice little system crippled by some really stupid business decisions.

It's funny because I remember the absolute disaster that was the first year of the 3DS. And then the Vita managed to mess up even more.

Yeah the first year of the 3DS was a complete shitshow specially when they announced the fucking price (250$) worst of all almost all the launch titles were dogshit, the only difference was that Nintendo didn't gave up so easily on their portable and pumped amazing game after amazing game, too bad that didn't work with the WiiU.

Attached: 3ds-na-launch-titles1.jpg (500x444, 125K)

Wii U had a marketing problem because people still to this day think it was a tablet controller for the regular wii.

P4G for sure

Anyone know how good the first one is?

I was in a chat room while watching the Wii U reveal and everyone thought it was a controller add-on.

Christ, I forgot the shit launch line up for the 3DS

This is why when a system comes out. Best to wait a year or 2 when more games come out for it. Thats what I usually do. When I first got my 3DS, I got Tales of the Abyss and Resident Evil Revelations.

Where can I find a copy of Bioshock Vita? Ken Levine made it just for us

Attached: 1532557622811.png (232x266, 4K)

>Freedom Wars
I still want them to continue this damn it. At least give it the god eater treatment and release an updated version on the PS4.

FGO is licensed. Not really sony IP.

I just bought one of the Hori ones, I'm pretty excited too

Attached: 241_551_pv_l2r2l3r3.jpg (500x400, 28K)

is there vita emulation yet?

I've got a PSTV, but only a 4GB memory stick sadly. Wanna upgrade and hax it, but uhh, yeah. Fuckers are expensive.

Attached: 1551332501548.png (360x455, 169K)

Waiting for the 3.70 hack.

3DS was pretty shit until the year when Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon XY came out.

I have one but didn't take care of it properly (no screen protectors or cases etc). Though i still works perfectly, there are like small scratches on the screen that causes rainbow effects while playing and is actually distracting. Now i'm looking to buy 3 units. One for official use, one for hacked and one for archiving and the one i currently have will be given to my neet little brother.

when you hack it you can just use a usb stick, or an sd2vita