We always talk about worst endings, but what is the best ending in gaming?

We always talk about worst endings, but what is the best ending in gaming?

Attached: FFX Ending.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA
youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw
youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA
youtube.com/watch?v=0JETFj7Xcq4
youtube.com/watch?v=epy6ckX3qAo
youtube.com/watch?v=t1bzqjoZyeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic very very unrelated?

Really liked EP's ending. Easily my favorite Persona ending.

Attached: p2ep.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)

LISA

Attached: Terry-0.png (203x183, 2K)

>And thanks friend. See you again

Attached: pixy.jpg (1012x676, 90K)

inFamous and inFamous 2

Second Son does not qualify

>final boss is defeated
>PC trying to escape whatever shitty situation has been created from their actions
>possible death after a scene change
>ambiguous survival
>PC makes a return moments before credits
If your suggestion fits this criteria it's not a good ending. This includes my favorite game ;_;

FF13-2 for a kino unhappy ending.

>Tidus hates his father his whole life
>he is just a dream (wtf?)
>beats his dad and immediately disappears
>meets him in heaven and gives him high five
Anyway, dog ending in Silent Hill 2. It makes more sense than the one you posted, OP.

This is peak melodrama and I fucking love it

FF13-2 should have been the original FF13, it would have been so much better as a standalone mainline game written without any connections to the actual FF13 we got

What if the PC only shows up after the credits?

Black Flag had a good ending on all accounts

Attached: kino.jpg (284x177, 5K)

This counts too. Some cutscenes persist through credits.

first post ver very retarded?

tidus doesn't really hate his dad, he hates his mom for ignoring him and blames Jecht for it but he still idolizes him all the same, just like his mom

Caius should have at least been introduced in the first game. He was leagues better than Robot Pope.

DEUS EX. MULTIPLE ENDINGS.

youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA

youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw

youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA

Attached: 1546719523554.jpg (1446x1843, 744K)

Squall becomes a wojak?

wrong

This ending makes women and gays sob every time

FFX was literally the Titanic of gaming. Why can't anything match it? It fucking sucks.

I really loved both endings in RDR2. That being Arthurs death and John killing Micah. Also the first end credit track is fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=0JETFj7Xcq4

Attached: Ded arty.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

wacky tobaccy ending in a familiar formula

youtube.com/watch?v=epy6ckX3qAo

Attached: 1507712138881.png (286x355, 83K)

>tidus doesn't really hate his dad, he hates his mom for ignoring him and blames Jecht for it but he still idolizes him all the same, just like his mom
>''I hate you, dad.''
I think that was in the game, maybe not the exact quote, but something similar. But the game clearly shows he hates his dad, even though his mother was worse (you are probably one of the rare few who got this part, lol).
Also, I never understood why is Jechs acting so immature. Unless this is just how Tidus remembers him, and pretty inaccurate, just to have a ''real'' reason to hate him. There are so many things in that game that made no sense.

...when you need to read fans' explanations and theories because the story and game itself suck.
Like the game this user mentioned.
>pic related
And Square still claim Edea isn't Rinoa.

Attached: edea.jpg (712x644, 35K)

Far cry 5
> World gets fucking nuked
> All stupid forced companions die.
> Stuck in a doomsday bunker with a death cult leader for the entire apocalypse

I need to go back and finish this game. Fucking card game made me drop it, was following a guide and couldn't get the rare card I needed.

Joseph singing Amazing Grace was a nice touch.

>The people and the friends that we have lost, and the dreams that have faded
>Never forget them

Attached: Ptbw9yH.jpg (800x522, 48K)

R=U retards are the dumbest FF fans by far

Honestly, the music during the cutscenes were my favorite in recent memory. It was so eerie

>w-we're back
>you're home

Attached: 1487209464536.webm (400x280, 2.64M)

Honestly for me it's these, most games genuinely don't have good endings though
> 1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin
> 2. Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
> 3. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
> 4. MOTHER 3
> 5. Ever17: Out of Infinity
> 6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
> 7. Shadow of the Colossus
> 8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
> 9. Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht
> 10. Conker's Bad Fur Day
> 11. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
> 12. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
> 13. Chrono Trigger
> 14. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
> 15. Silent Hill 2

You posted the best ending.

The ending itself was flawless, but the kino Jechit battle was ruined once again when he wasn't the final boss & instead we got a generic piece of shit instead. FF9 was ruined by the exact same thing

> 6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
I mean its a typical ending? Whats so special about it?

Attached: 4785345768934.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Jecht was arrogant, not immature.

From what I gather Tidus hates Jecht from Zanarkand for being a bit of a dick and abandoning them but then picks up all those spheres in Spira and sees that Jecht really cares about him and tried to do something for the greater good.

It's a typical storybook ending executed to perfection, like Snow White it's the execution not the complexity that matters

>MOTHER 3
Oof
>OoT
Big oof
>Shadow of the Colossus
Bigger oof
>MGS:3
Biggest oof
>Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Global oof
>Silent Hill 2
Universal oof

MGS 1 - 4 all have kino endings that make me reflect, cry, or both. Also this is a good thread.

Fuck off you contrarian piece of shit

>oof
Go back to r*ddit

Hearing this song kick in when you get back to Shadow Moses in MGS 4 was something special

youtube.com/watch?v=t1bzqjoZyeQ

PAY ATTENTION HERE
this game is very cool and very emotional, it has easy-to-solve puzzles and is very addictive. I'm considering playing it for a second time in fact

Attached: The_Cat_Lady_video_game_poster.png (1150x1066, 836K)

Depends on how you look at it, user.
>''Oh, what's the matter? Gonna cry again? Cry, cry. That's the only thing you're good for!''
To me, this is immature. Not arrogant.
Also, ''I am the best blitzball player, you will never be like me'' is also immature.

>I had a dream of my wife. She was dead. But it was all right.

There has never been a greater final line in a game. I pretend Max Payne 3 doesn't exist because of how it undermines such a great ending to such a great character.

Nier

nothing in the series hit a peak this high before or after. 1 was a typical love letter to spy and action flicks, whereas 3 relies on cheap emotional tugging. This was something else.

Attached: AIColonel.png (135x196, 40K)

These journalists put it better then i ever could
> it goes without saying that Ocarina of Time has the most legendary ending in any game ever. This game only gets better and better with time as the ending and the game itself have held up year after year. It’s almost as if OOT had the budget of a movie, because it just feels so grand, and so perfect. All we can say is that out of everything on this list, the ending for Ocarina of Time just feels like the king among kings.

>Tales of Berseria
Velvet dreams of what life would have been like if not for that tragic day.

I've never played the series, should I just go from 1?

Mother 3 and FF7 before the compilation fucked it up

this was true kino

Attached: Untitled.png (1358x765, 540K)

Unironically FFXV. The rest of the game was mediocre at best but the ending was great.

End of The Dragonsphere

Attached: 1551486466864.png (544x565, 348K)

Honestly with some changes and better direction FFXV could have been a 10/10. I feel like all the pieces were there.

type-0 also had the same problem
mediocre game, but some cool concepts and a serious war story with a very strong end

Yeah, it holds up. You can't play 2 without 1, you won't know what the fuck is going on. 3, on the other hand, has almost nothing to do with the previous games.

super mario rpg or mgs3
if you disagree consider holding your opinion

Attached: BaJFPSN.png (560x546, 103K)

Demon's Souls

Attached: king-allant-large.jpg (800x585, 124K)

>tfw geno didnt become a real boy

>ambiguous survival
>PC makes a return moments before credits
What if this happens, but in reverse?

Card game is just to minmax and makes the game a cakewalk.

Shadow Hearts

IN YOUUU AND IIII

Honestly the best/saddest part was "never forget them"

t. brainlet that didn't get the symbolic significance of the yu yevon battle and possibly the game as a whole

The only rare card that's a bitch to get is Laguna

From that thumbnail it looks like some hunched over white faced guy with a JUST haircut is stalking behind Yuna.

MGS3's ending is terrible. The whole story is fucking bad, especially the nonexistent character arcs.
Imagine writing a story your main character doesn't properly react to until the fucking terrible sequel?
Metal Gear Solid follows in line with Star Wars almost perfectly
MGS3 is fucking ewoks, man. It's got its moments but it's too similar and the gameplay in the forest was God awful. It does have some of the best boss fights, though.

The ending score to Yuna's speech was perfect too

>999
I love everything about this ending but THAT FUCKING SUDOKU just ruins it for me.

Really depends how you like to take the "ending" of this game, but I think the collective whole of everybody's individual "endings" is pretty kino, even if the actual game end is not that spectacular.

Attached: 心残り.png (1022x644, 876K)

Who's the Mexican behind her?

That mini scene that plays when she says that line always gives me goosebumps, I love how they even included Seymour.

Max... had a hard life.

Honestly that wasn't even fiction, so I'm not sure it qualifies here.

>think of the 999 ending
>remember the other two games
>remember Clover and Alice are still on ice
>nobody even cares about them, too busy breaking a fucking serial killer out of jail

Attached: 1465279948922.gif (360x236, 1.63M)

The devs are faggots for saying Misty dies is canon

Attached: Mass Effect.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

For me Dynasty Warriors 7 for being tge first that actually depicted the actual end of that era.

Tear up every time.

Attached: yuna whistle.png (708x461, 315K)

The ending is just confusing as fuck. I remember thinking to myself "What the shit did I just witness?"

It was a weird ending, not sure if it was good or bad.

This

I really dislike Seymour. I mean I really fucking hate Seymour. But after playing it again recently I guess I understand why he exists. If Spira is dying then I guess it makes sense to make a character to embody the logical extreme of that idea. If it's jealousy of the living that creates monsters and living creates nothing but problems then everyone being dead would solve every problem. Everyone could live on as Unsent spirits that Sin doesn't seem to care about. Which is the best end possible since Sin will never ever go away. Fuck Seymour though. Sure would be nice if he just explained himself rather than being a cackling madman with stupid hair.

Attached: 1545450247853.gif (302x270, 520K)

Earthbound

KH1

Terranigma

I love berserias, man. Tales games are kinda kusoge but when you have a cast with that much synergy it's just a treat. I hope they have a third game because berserias was that good, even though it's incredibly unlikely.

I mean Majora's Mask is just a collection of short stories, you could argue that every ending is great.

Couple's Mask and Gibdo Mask obviously stand out.

Disc 4 is nonstop kino.

The ending to Deadly Premonition was pretty funny

Attached: I cant believe it.jpg (1000x450, 246K)

>the best ending is the neutral ending
>the worst ending is the true ending
>the kino ending is the kill your friends ending
>the objective right option is the joke ending

How does one game have so many endings but somehow make the true ending the worst one?

Attached: 14794985008_def8690bd2_b.jpg (1024x576, 149K)

The 'Promise Ending' that was a part of the Director's Cut of Fatal Frame 2 where Sae and Yae complete the ritual, everyone is freed from the Hellish Abyss, the ghost villagers are freed, and Mio and Mayu are spared is pretty much the best ending.

Attached: 0829.jpg (400x606, 60K)

Originally the plan was to post something snarky about never finishing anything, but you've got my interest. I played a little of inFamous and it struck me as a low intensity post-GTA power trip. Are the endings great story-wise or gameplay wise or both or what and why? If you don't mind my prying.

Attached: serves you right.png (1113x618, 849K)

o _
(
o ¯

Attached: spr_chara.png (608x928, 14K)

I loved clubbing this guy to death with with dragon bone smasher.

"No one wishes to go on...."

Just by playing the game and suffering through the whole thing, you prove his bitch ass wrong. I raged throughout the whole game. It caused me so much more suffering than happiness. It was worth it.

Seymour is just one embodiment of the general attitude of the Spira and the Yevonite church in particular. I think Yunalesca sums it up pretty well: "It is better to die in hope than live in despair." The Spirans would rather passively resign themselves to whatever "fate"(i.e. Sin) has in store for them(and in fact fetishize the idea through the self-sacrifice of the summoners, people who bravely meet said fate instead of trying to escape it), all while stagnating and dwelling in the past. Seymour's very value system is flawed, not just the way he goes about it.

>Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Mah nigga. The whole epilogue is some of the best post-game content in any RPG and made the "final" ending feel really satisfying.

Attached: 90sanimewaifu.jpg (225x350, 36K)

Vagrant Story now that's a fuckin ending

tfw I save and reply every time I lost. I need to catch them all. This was way before I followed any guides except for my own

>Gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants maybe? Maybe shit and cum?

Attached: file.png (640x480, 367K)

This one still gets me.

Attached: GlPOGyE.png (1201x631, 636K)

You are out of your fucking mind if summoning and killing the aeons (fayth) to kill Yu Yevon, the “immortal” summoning bug thing, is generic in the slightest. I refuse to believe that this setting is so common that it wasn’t a unique experience for you.

>Conkers Bad Fur Day
Most kino ending I've ever seen. It's almost Shakespearean.

>And you never know what you've got... 'til its gone.
>gone
>gone

It's just brainlets who can't comprehend symbolism and lump every JRPG final boss into "lol killing God"

>Cryostasis
A lot of the most memorable endings you'll see are sad, tragic, or at least highly ambivalent, which makes sense because good ending is marked by catharsis, and catharsis usually involves person growing, changing from who they are and that usually happens when we force ourselves to accept something we don't like to accept. Cryostasis is pretty much unique and amazing in that it manages to pull of a GENUINE CATHARSIS while at the same time providing GENUINELY HAPPY ENDING.
It's a testament of really good twist, really good and human, character driven story.

Other noteworthy endings to me:
>Bastion
>Braid (the real ending, not the epilogue that nearly ruins it)
>Silent Hill 2
>Shadow Of Colossus
>Pathologic
>SpecOps The Line (especially the Welcome to Dubai ending)
>Portal

MGS3 for me