Now that raytracing is almost ready for consumer hardware, will we finally get graphics this good in games?

now that raytracing is almost ready for consumer hardware, will we finally get graphics this good in games?

Attached: promocgi_64_metal1.jpg (666x695, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ke0Bd52E7qg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who cares
grafixfags should all be gassed

that looks like shit though

do you think they still have all the old renders from the SNES-N64 days?

Attached: cgi_diddy3.gif (480x360, 1.64M)

no

Didn’t rare say that these models are so old that they’re not compatible with modern hardware?

There are countless games with much better graphics since 2003.

Even sunshine looks almost as good as that.

>raytracing is almost ready
5 years out at least. Its mostly gimmicky right now and comes with far too great cost for now.
but yeah sure when the time is right it will be great and all.

Yeah go ahead and turn off your screen then try to play

Are you talking about the average consumer right?
(Consoles/ middle graphics user[60-60ti])
yeah until the next gen after this one (6-7 years) it will be the standard
High end pc gamers are getting the beta experience at 4k and will get the full experience at next Nvidia gen (1-2 years)

I retract myself middle graphics user will get it before that sorry 4-5 years

A reminder that Nintendo had the fucking nerve to claim that this was an actual in-game screenshot and it wasn't pre-rendered

my assessment also. Although I do not expect the next gen nvidia to be the full experience either. For the next 5 years it will be a choice between high fps, high resolution or RT. You cant have all 3 right now. In 5 years you will get cards that run RT and high resolution at acceptable fps.

It would be cool to see an entire game in this style, even if its just novelty.

Well there is this
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke0Bd52E7qg

Actually if you wanted to play telephone with rendering software you could gradually shift the models from version to version with a couple conversion hurdles, but the effort is only worth it if you're the sort of person that can't recreate the model to begin with.
The only thing that gets preserved is the mesh, anyway. Any rigging would be lost.

Something about this makes it grotesque to look at, and I don't know what.

Any demos to pass around?

It reminds of images you see of microscopic organisms.

Attached: 170503213547_1_540x360.jpg (540x359, 54K)

See, Raytracing is out and I've tried it in Metro and BFV. It looks fine there, but the real thing I wish for is to have it implemented in the other thousands of games that have already come out. There are so many games that could benefit from the "realistic" lighting but it's only gonna be reserved for a few future games. I mean, they used Star Wars to demo the feature itself, but we have no star wars game with it to showcase some lightsaber fighting.

Attached: promocgidk003.jpg (1200x800, 144K)

Alternatively, MRI-scans or other closeups of cancerous growths.

Imagine all the great games we would have missed out on if retarded contrarians started saying this shit in the 80s. Yeah enjoy your text adventures and 2d platformers. Those are the only games you play right? It's sad how Yea Forums unanimously agrees on this but then buy every zelda game remake and new pokemon rehash, It's so dishonest.