Is this game actually really challenging or am I retarded?

Is this game actually really challenging or am I retarded?

Attached: header (8).jpg (460x215, 61K)

If you are playing vanilla, then yes you are retarded. Modded can actually get to the point of a literal bullet hell. It's enjoyable none the less.

Both

I only had problems with moon lord on expert. Couldn't beat him even with my friends.

Why cant I find good weapons early on, I have a zombie arm for like 5 hours
when do i build a house, i have underground cave house but i imagine building house above ground would be annoying because of slimes

depends on how much time you spend gathering materials for gear

To get the good stuff you gotta earn the good stuff. Mine yourself out some gold for armor, kill the Eye of Cthulu, then go to your local Crimson/Corruption and bomb out the stone there, smash some orbs, and fight a big worm. Then dig deep.

server when?

Brand of the Inferno parrying everything into submission is the best way to play.

>Mine yourself out some gold for armor
Fuck that noise. Bomb some orbs and run straight for Meteor Armor plus gun, that can carry you to Hardmode easy.

last two times i tried hosting the server crashed overnight
i would join if anyone else hosted though

Attached: 1526585108194.png (277x236, 77K)

It's only challenging on expert, at least once you figure the game out to a certain extent. Many aspects of the game can be cheesed somewhat.

He's like the only boss that pretty much requires that you build a very specific type of arena. Every other boss you can freeball once you get strong enough. Moon Lord needs to be countered with walls and shit.

Hell, if you really know what you're doing, you can head to ocean ASAP and fish up a Reaver Shark, dig yourself to underworld, and prep molten gear before you've faced any normal mode bosses.

Proper preparation mitigates a ton of challenge.

>update to bring the console versions closer to the PC version
>rather than merge the console and PC content finally they just scrap all the console-exclusive content altogether

Attached: 0q1N2f8F.jpg (400x400, 17K)

That or you just use the UFO mount from alien invasions, switch out mobility accessories for DPS/survivability, and keep flying away horizontally whilst dodging and weaving up/down whilst doing ranged damage.
If you're doing solo at least, or if you're the player with aggro.

You gotta periodically magic mirror back to a dedicated Nurse hut, Nurse is essential for expert mode runs. Having a teleporter pad on standby next to nurse so you can vamoose somewhere to have Moon Lord catch back up a second time is a good buffer to get your UFO speed back up. As long as the Nurse cannot accidentally wander onto the teleporter and trigger it by herself.

You should rush the attack helicopter research.

That doesn't work anymore.

>tfw finally got my Arkhalis
Life is good.

Attached: 1533975797403 (1).jpg (927x478, 60K)

>challenging
LOL just build arena for bosses n use only ranged weapons

This. Beat him quite easily on expert as a melee character with this method. I used mainly the Solar Flare because I like it the most, but you can use whatever.
I don't recall using the nurse; as a melee build I could tank enough damage for potions to come off cooldown when I was close to dying.

Yeah, and why not?

yeah, the game is pretty tough. There are a lot of things you can do though to make it easy

UFO is so broken, I love it.

The console exclusive content is generally not good in my experience.

Just looked it up and they outright removed Ocram in most places. My only experience fighting it was on the 3DS version, and it was shit and a poor offshoot of core developer concepts.

Attached: Ocram.png (1000x300, 353K)

I've never tried molten gear, I take it it's good stuff.

The one good thing console had that I want is the Horned God armour, everything else was pretty eh.

The nurse trick still works, just make her house close to your fighting arena and stack the campfire, hearth lantern and honey regeneration buffs.

Yeah nobody will miss that crap after playing 1.3 or later.

Admittedly it's been a long time since I played, but does UFO mount no longer keep pace with Moon Lord?

On expert mode runs, I would always go for a Crimson map just for those Vampire Knives. They are so goddamn essential to dedicated melee characters that when you stack up the right buffs, they enable you to self-recover health without potion cooldowns. You can sacrifice some defense because the high DPS grants that much better recovery.

Solar Pillar gets real fucking dangerous if you don't pay attention though, what with those enemies that reflect projectiles, and home in on you if you're airborne.

>want to play a melee character
>all late game weapons are sticks that shoot projectiles and the ones that don't suck
What is even the point anymore?

both

game is pretty easy. even in expert its not that hard.

>runs
Do you guys regularly do runs from scratch in this game? It's fucking long, I can't imagine starting from scratch when I've already spent 200 hours in the game building bases.

It's the highest defense gear available pre-hard mode, and gives some Melee DPS buffs.
It's fairly inexpensive to make too, only 45 molten bars. It used to be 90 bars, before it was 105.

How effective the armor will be will depend on your play style, but it's good for the thick of spelunking.

That's why I prefer the Solar Flare. It might not be true melee but at least it doesn't shoot projectiles. It's also great for lighting up caves.

I've pretty much never used Vampire Knives, and I've always played melee.

I've done quite a few runs with a buddy of mine on evenings yeah, he focuses a lot on base building, I focus a lot on spelunking and exploring, we make equal progress in our own ways then work together on the invasions, events, and boss fights to further progress.
The key progression points never get boring, and that once in a while bonus be it a flying carpet or an Arkhalis is always nice.

That was always the problem with end-game melee, it's all classified as melee damage and is affected by various melee buffs and perks, but it all becomes its own ranged projective damage sources too.

Was always disappointed out for all the effort put into crafting a Terra Blade, it soon enough gets outclassed or sidegraded by other mob or boss drops like the Death Sickle or the Influx Waver. Would've been better if there were a final crafting requirement for the Terra Blade that involves a Moon Lord drop.

The Forbidden Armor is stylish as hell, I wish it wasn't shit.

I can never get into this game, feel like I'm missing out.

Terraria is unironically the greatest game of all time. Change my mind.

I can always get engrossed in it, if I have time to burn.
It's great with a regular buddy too.

Completely agree, especially considering how disappointing the Meowmere was. Who the hell thought a fucking nyan cat sword was a good idea?
Well, who knows, maybe in 1.4.

The Desert contains no Arabian Nights themes content outside of Djins. That's a fatal flaw. It, along with the Ocean and Tundra could use more content.

Not enough new content within sessions. Sky and ocean are way underwhelming, and it'd be badass if new hives/bunkers would pop up due to "earthquakes" or whatever.
Only time that happens is normal -> hard mode though

If you're playing with a medium/hardcore character and/or playing on expert, yeah.

Otherwise it's pretty reasonable, though yes it can be hard if you don't properly arm yourself.

>mediumcore characters
Do you guys use this setting? Losing rare items seems like too much.

Pretty much nobody bothers with medium/hardcore. Expert is enough for a challenge, the game isn't meant to be completed deathless. But if you are a masochist, by all means go right ahead. It can be done.

>mfw there used to be arguments over how the twins were the hardest of the mechanical bosses
>mfw i found out how easy their pattern was to read and how it could all be dodged with literally just wings
>my friends not believing me when i said how easy it actually is
>i thought skeletron prime was harder

This was years ago, I miss those times bros

Twins is very much a mobility check, if you lack mobility and an open space to move, you'll get wrecked. Ranged is a requirement though, since you're on a time limit to beat them.

Likewise the Destroyer can be an arena check, you need to properly defend yourself against the shitload of drones it can spawn, leaving yourself open means you'll get hit by a barrage of lasers.

Once upon a time normal mode Skeletron was a real threat, but it was also the last boss with no means of rematching it on a single map.
Expert mode Skeletron got real interesting though.

I have personally achieved deathless expert mode runs too, though on softcore, but the result is no different since you never died.

It's piss easy once you get the apache.

If you're playing Expert, you might not be retarded
But if you're playing Normal, you definitely are