What would you like to see in a BOTW sequel/successor?

What would you like to see in a BOTW sequel/successor?

Attached: botw.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P4UYayCJM5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BOTW SEQUEL/SUCCESSOR ITS LINKS AWAKENING
TRY TO KEEP UP GRAMPS

60+fps emulation working on mid-end pcs

Venom "Punished" Link

Attached: i3qj01evynly.png (1255x649, 1014K)

thats literally what BoTW Link is

An actual Zelda game not ubishit.

>more music and have the music always play
>significantly more enemy variety
>more large scale dungeons
>item progression; don't give me everything at the beginning, make me have to get things from dungeons
>significantly more story
>no weapon durability, instead have a variety of weapons you can get and just have them be upgraded over time like the armor
>not having to pause to switch armor; this was a slog in OoT with the iron boots, then they fixed it in WW, then for some reason they forgot how annoying it is and brought it back
>smaller world; travel taking a long time doesn't make the world feel big, just empty
>limit total healing items in inventory or in combat (or both)
>greatly reduce enemy health so the enemies don't feel like health sponges

Honestly if BotW Link was covered in scars and started off missing a limb that got replaced with Gerudo tech, I would have fucking loved it.
Before being placed in the healing chamber he WAS fighting for literally 3 days straight, and singlehandedly wiped out an army of guardians, but he doesn't even look significantly wounded in the post-battle memory.

>more music and have the music always play
>item progression; don't give me everything at the beginning, make me have to get things from dungeons
>significantly more story
>smaller world; travel taking a long time doesn't make the world feel big, just empty
All of these are poor ideas and misunderstand what made BotW work.

This, but I just want solid progression like in OoT and TP, to know that I'm actually getting shit done.

A new land.
A new villain.
Swimming under water.

Nah, that's a very stale formula and I'm very much glad they ditched it.

FISHING!
and bug catching.

Attached: $.png (1024x648, 643K)

I'd like to see it not be forgotten is 3 months.

Needs a sexy female villain that manipulates Link for the first half of the game before you realize what she's up to.

smaller overworld with a labyrinthine underground network of tunnels that houses dungeons and can be used for quick traveling if you learn them
also a hookshot or grappling hook

Why don't you just replay one of the dozen or so old Zelda games that are already like that?

>very stale formula
It's all in the execution. Do you think BotW is actually doing something unique? Plus it makes for cohesion and memorable moments compared to fucking around for five hours and not being able to recall just what the hell you were doing.

actual dungeons and content instead of another generic empty aaa open world.

armors that aren't all context sensitive. I was so excited to play BOTW and have lots of gear for link but it all ended up looking silly and was only useful for a minute in one of the few zones with harsh temperatures.

also ofc conventional dungeons and items like the grapple and maybe bringing back the jump feather.

Because I want to see it done better than those dozen other games.

>Nah, that's a very stale formula
so is the aaa open world formula that botw is following.

That would be BotW.

Weird how Yea Forums isa always complaining about boring empty world but unanimously rate this 900 seed colelctathone chore of a game as teh apex of video game gameplay design. I love how Yea Forums says gameplay is more important than graphics without ever defining gameplay. >let's ignore these objective qualities we can rate and instead go for these objective ones, hey everybody likes mashing copy and pasted health sponge moblins with fragile glass swords and climing hills looking for seeds right?

Nigga that healing chamber is just that good.
That one nigga that makes Guardians weapons had to wear his googles to just to see Link’s scars

>Do you think BotW is actually doing something unique?
Yes. What it does well, no other game does.
>Plus it makes for cohesion and memorable moments
There are plenty of those in BotW, most of them coming from the interesting ways the core game mechanics interact and the freedom the player has to explore them. There is nothing interesting about "I have this item now I can go to this area". That CAN be interesting, but it has rarely been interesting in Zelda games.

>take BotW
>make the overworld 2/3rds as big
>insert actual dungeons in addition to the shrines
>add the hookshot and some magic weapons
>more enemy variety like dodongos, tektites, stalfos, troopers, etc
>don't make rain an instant killer for climbing
>maybe bring back some minor Zelda villains like Onox and Veran
There, perfection.

Attached: zelda_breath_of_the_wild11.jpg (800x412, 152K)

No it didn't even attempt, it just ignored the problem and dropped you in the world.

Except BotW has a very different design ethos from those games.

Dungeons
Actual writing
Side quests that aren't fetch quests
Combat that isn't trash
Open world that has quality content instead of shr*nes and k*r*ks
Better music

I want more enemies like Lynel. Largely optional and challenging.

>What it does well, no other game does.
GTA SA perfected the open worlder, Nintendo just copy and pasted from the trash ones like Skyrim.

Anyone who thinks the music in that game is bad is an absolute no taste idiot.

They literally tell you you don’t have to find all 900 Koroks
They’re made to be stumbled upon and as a reward for just dicking around

More enemy variety
A weapon system built less around breaking and replacing and more about upgrading and repairing
Larger variety of dungeons

BotW is nothing like GTA SA and doesn't intend to be.

Worst overworld theme in all of Zelda by far.
>B-But it's SUPPOSED to be shitty!!
Fuck off you pretentious moron

Shame, then it be good.

Name is fucking quality content then
Are just supposed to have a gut check challenge every 60 steps?

If you think the overworld theme in the previous games were good music then you're an idiot. You're even stupider if you think it should be played constantly in a game like BotW, too.

How about stuff like ACTUAL CAVES instead of garbage like this where it's just a small empty cave with a shrine and a korok?

Attached: IMG_20181220_222015.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>actual dungeons
>actual cities and towns
>actual music
>a story that doesn't feel like an afterthought
I'm not going to say BotW was bad because it wasn't, it's an honest 8/10 personally and I would like to see more games with the engine.

Nah I like the weapon breaking
“Your Sharp spear is badly damaged”
quickly turns to
“Chuck this spear at his faggot face, steal his weapon then fuck him up some more”

Ditch the shitty cell shading pseudo anime design and do something different.

That's cool and all, I just wouldn't mind the option to upgrade and repair as well.

Just release the same game. It's fine.

ah shit, I forgot to add
>no voice acting PLEASE for the love of god
>no weapon durability
>items are actually important and make you look forward to getting more of them (i.e. Hookshot, then a Fire Wand or something)

No. I'd like a real Zelda game.

>Actual cave
Nigga he is in a cave
What you want isn’t a cave that an underground labyrinth.
It’s call breath of the Wild not Link’s big mining adventure

no it doesn't.

Attached: ubisoftbotw2.png (1000x679, 215K)

Why is this game so discussed all of a sudden?

I'd sacrifice some of openness for a better sense of progression. Also less climbing and make the paraglider less good or something you get later in the game.

fuck you todd

This explains everything.

But the style is much more aggressive and I don’t wanna worry about you’re inventory is full because I have 12 broken sword hilts now I have to drop 8 tons of crap just so I can pick up
Epic sword of major ass kicking ++ and complete forget about repairing anything

If they made a better Far cry 3 I’d be all over that.
Hell I’d almost prefer a brand new IP so the suits won’t be as uptight

Have you been dead since March 2017?

Attached: AF74154E-B371-4188-82F2-BBCECAAD7493.gif (321x310, 1.2M)

>implying far cry 1 and 2 weren't great
Faaaaggot

having the music always play / story / small world literally defeats the whole fucking purpose of the game. if you go to yellowstone and hike, you don't play music all the time or listen to spooky stories about crazy people or complain about the long hike, it's part of the experience.

I want a distant prequel. A time before Demise.

They have to be working on a game like that, they have all the tools ready and they dont have to compromise because of wiiU

>Climbing having a rythm that decreases stamina usage and multiple vertical terrain types that increase stamina usage or give other effects (rocks that can come loose if climbed on) to stop simply holding up when climbing.
>Improved Z targeting that allows for right analog stick movement and target swapping.
>Quality over quantity in the world and dungeons, like this user said
>More world based story telling (more detail in the ruins of the old world)
>Memory recovery with gameplay attatched (essentially time travel to complete events / gameplay challenges set in your past rather than cutscenes like in botw)
>Weapon repair and modification made more prominent
>Hunting, fishing, bug catching expanded on to more than just sneaking up and killing / pressing "a" (nets for bug catching, fishing rods / spears for fishing ect)
>Paraglider nerfed or alternatively paragliding makes Link a target for birds of prey and other creatures and gusts of wind at higher altitudes can harm or sway you off course meaning you need to ride air currents which are shown visually similarly to wind waker rather than simply hloding forward goign from a to b.
>Rating system for the compendium based on the quality of photos that gives rewards.

the fact that you call it an overworld theme shows how stupid your are

>hookshot
no

>Not using the exactly right term for video game music is related to your IQ
Making dumb statements like that really makes you look like an idiot

too bad that hack aonuma played 4 instead.

I get what you're trying to accomplish with the climbing and paraglider shit but I think that'd be really boring in practice.
A rhythm minigame doesn't really add any depth and the 'multiple terrain types' already exists in the form of steepness of the surface.
Same problem with gliding, although I do like being attacked by birds of prey you'd need to design it so that you can fight them off without wasting your stamina.

Agree with 3 of those. The rest either won't make a difference or just make it worse

You are right it might be tedious in practice but I found that most the time I wasnt engaged at all in the movement in BOTW, I never understood the complaints with the combat when the combat has never been challenging in zelda and BOTW was probably the most punishing zelda in a long time.
I wasn't thinking explicity a rythm minigame but instead it be more efficient for you to move in time with the climbing from one hand hold to the next more similarly to actual rock climbing that the ladder climbing Link seems to be doing in BOTW, but your tediousness point still stands.
For the attacking creature in the the sky, I was imagining it common to use the slowed time bow mechanics when in the air, then a headshot might recover your stamina.

There's a lot of improvements that can be made, but anyone saying "smaller world" or "less emptiness" either didn't play BOTW or don't actually remember how content-filled the map is if you haven't fully explored it yet.

I think lots of people are, at least I am, imagining the smaller world being the logical trade off for higher quality of dungeons and dungeon variation.

I want cool and interesting transformations.
That and or extraordinary mounts.
But size and or weight manipulation would be cool as well.

Attached: zelda_transformations.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Yea Forums-approved youtuber made a video about it

I just wanna see a story that ends with TP Link finally getting that ashen blue pussy.

Attached: 70402148_p0_master1200.jpg (842x1200, 843K)

Too kino, Fujibayahsi would try to shove in his OC Hylia/Zelda to steal Midna's spotlight.

Attached: 1542775096966.jpg (800x300, 191K)

Expansion pack.
Game B, set after Ganon's defeat.
New lands to the south are unlocked and populated.
New ultimate villain trying to amass in the wake of Ganon's defeat.
BotW lands and unfinished quests still available.
Find the missing Gerudo village there.
Get Yiga costume and use it to infiltrate a Yiga village that needs rescue.
Use disguises to infiltrate Bokoblin/Moblin village that needs rescue.
Meet whatever creatures the giant skulls came from.
Gain submerged swimming skill to allow visiting previously inaccessible areas below water.
Gain a Loftwing mount.
Gain doting Lynel girlfriend.
Meet some more types of beings from some more far flung games.
Learn advanced Sheikah skills.

It's not fair, they deserve each other, god damn it.

Attached: Twilight Princess Femdom Edition.jpg (565x880, 341K)

Link ended with Ilia. Game is over.

how about a fucking fishing rod
was literally the perfect game to have one and it didn't
I goddamn loved the fishing holes in oot and TP

Attached: 980c885b36df46200c0d56cf1f9d1152819aa1e9v2_hq.jpg (1024x795, 56K)

>you can catch both fish an bugs in BotW
>no fishing rod
>no bug net
what was the POINT

The separation is what makes them as a pairing more memorable than Nintendo's failed attempts at pushing Zelda and Link.

>Link ended with Ilia.
>didn't finish the end credits

you have bomb fishing, something even better

BotW Link is too rugged and tough to give a damn about your tools. His teeth and claws are all he really needs.

>extraordinary mount
I was miffed you couldn't ride those eldin ostriches

>BotW Link is too rugged and tough
OoT and TP Link would fucking snap him like a twig.

The end credits show that Link lives in his village. Illia prepares Epona for him, as she always has and always will. Epona, as the game shows, has always been Link's connection to Ilia.

I know, it's what makes it so fucki0ng better sweet and better than that destined fate bullshit. Kinda makes me feel for I'm CIA being so angry.

Attached: 1480218619718.png (904x659, 254K)

Just imagine something as cool as this but in 3D.
I mean yeah horses are cool and Epona in OoT was super memorable. But I mean they're just horses.
Give me something that significantly changes gameplay and isn't just a means of transportation.

Attached: 1513065695885.png (564x276, 113K)

BotW Link is a trained knight who scales cliff faces bare handed in his underwear m8
he's probably physically the most fit of the links

Not to say all links aren't beasts, most of them seem to be able to pick up and swing weapons 2x their own size

>Delusional fanfic about Link somehow leaving everyone just because he rides his horse once. The horse he owns specifically for riding. On the only road in the game that is actually near his home.

weapon crafting and less generic potion/food crafting

What are the odds we get a majora's mask kind of deal with the next game while they work on a successor? I mean they worked for a long while on BOTW that I can see then reuisng the engine and assets but on completely new game with some unique gimmick to fill the game.

Holy shit, it's Ilia's only fans. No but legit Link bounced and it makes sense considering he isn't a simple farmer anymore.

>What are the odds we get a majora's mask kind of deal with the next game while they work on a successor?
None. MM had great characters and story to make up for the small scale. BotW had none of that.

No user. Nintendo doesn't want out money. They're back to 2d portable retro Zelda games for the next 10 years until they completely redesign 3d Zelda from the ground up yet again.

>BotW Link is a trained knight who scales cliff faces bare handed in his underwear m8
And TP Link trains as a swordsman while also balancing his life as a ranchhand tossing goats. Fugger even stood up against Ganondorf high on the ToP.

Your bad fanfic is based on your imagination. Midna is gone. Zelda isn't interested. Link was shown in love with Ilia all the way through the game. 90% of the game was literally Link seeking Ilia and trying to cure her amnesia.

-Keep the open world shit they have as a foundation
-more enemy variety (pallet swaps don't count)
-more robust dungeons with a theme like in OoT, WW, TP, etc
-cut the voice acting, text boxes with grunts was better
-Non-phorensic story. It works for halflife and bioshock, but makes Zelda feel dead.
-bring back the hookshot
-keep the weapon degridation, but make it easier to repair/find weapons you like, especially legendary weapons.

BOTW Link also runs out of stamina clinging to walls whereas both TP and OOT can hold for an indefinite amount of time, and both of them can actually go underwater

>Link was shown in love with Ilia all the way through the game. 90% of the game was literally Link seeking Ilia and trying to cure her amnesia.
Now THIS is a bad fanfiction. She's not the main point of Link's quest, the children are also there and something called the Twilight. He's the big brother of the group so it makes sense he goes to great lengths to save everyone.

Early concepts of ilia had a fairy shaped birthmark on her head, kinda makes me wonder of she was intended to be a reincarnation of navi or something

Attached: 6900415287_337a4c7999_o.jpg (721x1247, 210K)

Stamina doesnt drain just from holding on though, only from climbing

You need to play the game. Ilia is his quest.

Purge shrines unless there's a way of making something equivalent in the world itself with no loading

>Ilia is his quest.
She falls under the same lines as the children, idiot. Helping Midna deal with Zant and the Twilight form a bigger part of his quest.

Major dungeons, more condensed overworld, Pegasus boots, more variety in enemies all around. I am so sick of bokoblins and everything being a stupid variant of them.

Play the game. Pay attention next time.

a game with good combat, ai, voice acting, story, writing, quests and open world

basically the opposite of botw

What's interesting to know is that Ilia's recovery is actually optional. And again, she's not the main point of Link's quests, she part of the picture like the children but is not the whole picture.

I would be happy to see areas that are hard to reach without a certain item. Like a high tower you can't climb. You'd either need a hookshot or use some creativity with the physics engine to get there. I don't think gating areas is the right move, this could be a nice middle ground between full freedom of exploration and some sense of earned progress for those who want to play the game in a more structured way.
On a more personal note, I really like exploring the ocean and stuff like that, so I would like to see more physics stuff relating to water (like waves and currents, but I don't know how they could be implemented into the gameplay) and underwater exploration.

No screw your YouTube videos. They’ll just cherry pick scenes and obscure shit that support your dumb fan fiction, that’s how every one of these things does it.

Ilia is Link's canon love interest in the game, and his reason for questing.

You should post that video of Link and Midna, standing in front of a waterfall, while the romance music plays and they gaze into each others eyes.

>Link's canon love interest
Ah you're retarded got it.

Underwater swimming and content. Remove stamina for swimming so it can be a better part of the game.
Remove or change the climbing so it is not so OP.
Remove the clothing buffs all together, but add in more cool outfits so we can dress Link up.

Item progression wouldn't. it might actually enhance the game since the longer you play it the more the game feels empty.
I'd add in that having some major goals and having bigger impacts on towns might go a long way as well.

Imagine how amazing this would be with the exploration of BotW

Attached: 1200px-Lake_Hylia_TP.jpg (1200x698, 109K)

>modding has only just gotten to the point where values and small mechanics are being adjusted
>after 2 years
HOW LONG MUST I WAIT FOR MY CUSTOM SHRINE MAKER AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well there's the Link Story, which is the same old stuff, the Zelda Story, that's more focused on puzzle solving and critical thinking, when you're not ragdolling all over the place, then there's the Ganondorf Story, which is the most action focused, but gives you retroactive feels.