Now that the dust has settled, what we thinking?

Is this the definitive smash game or what. Always a blast to play with the friends, online is great for a Nintendo game, no real way to BM which keeps the tilt level down, single player is real good cant say enough about smash U. Great game from top to bottom, love it

Attached: super_smash_bros_ultimate_nintendo_switch_cover_1534157121839.jpg (800x450, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/ssbgultimate8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>party-game for twelve-year-olds
There is no need for me to have an opinion on it besides needing you to stop shitting up the board.

It's pretty great yeah I play it every day part of why I love the switch the ability to take my console on the go with me adds a whole new level of depth to the machine, Nintendo Switch Is my favorite console of this generation

> No trophies
> No break the targets
> No home-run contest
> No events
> No masterpieces
> No stage builder
> Not all stages returned
> Not all items and assist trophies
> Some music is still missing
> DK Rap is still missing verses
> No references to Doshin the Giant
Fuck this game, only zoomers who never played Smash before loves this.

I argue that this is peak smash though. This is what the devs have been working to create iteration after iteration; you log on, you sign in, and you SMASH. No frills no pointless stuff, you just play the game. Its incredibly streamlined and they're even giving us DLC which no smash game has ever had before which is sweet

Multiplayer wise I don't see how it isn't the Ultimate experience.
Single player one reaaaaally makes you appreciate past titles though.

Who ever smashed single player? That wasn't my gig nor was anybody I knew, it was always a multiplayer affair and i like that they decided to embrace it

Maybe it would be of sakurai didn't have head ass design choices like 90ms of input delay and a 15 frame buffer.
Say what you want about the past entries, least they didnt feel like I'm underwater.

Attached: ziggy.png (281x260, 79K)

To unlock the content in the game retard, have you even played any Smash before Ultimate?

>Brawl and 4 didnt feel like being underwater

Congrats, you either recently purchased a shit TV with huge input delay, Or you are an actual retard

I smashed on the n64 and I played melee brawl a few times n64 version is second best to me just for the nostalgic factor

Ultimate objectively has 90ms of delay.
Stop blinding defending shit things. It doesn't feel good to play, especially online. Which you have to pay for.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018_12_14_at_1.22.09_PM.jpg (1130x697, 136K)

Don‘t need an argument either

It’s the best smash game. no contest. its just missing Banjo
i’d remove a lot of the roster if it were up to me. A lot of them are unnecessary/unworthy/mediocre characters. Target break would be a welcome addition. Trophies > spirits but overall it’s fine

You can sit and nitpick games all day, or you can just shuttup and smash! (No disrespect in tended I was joking I didnt mean for you to actually shut up) for me a little but of 90ms isnt going to ruin the whole experience for me

It's definitely at least the number two Smash game. Time will tell if it persists like Melee or if it eventually fades.

Who do you want cut?

> No trophies
> No break the targets
> No home-run contest
> No events
> No masterpieces
> No stage builder
All useless crap no one touched more than once that only spergs care are missing

That's my angle brother! More smash less crap!!!!!!

world of light is one of the worst things ever. i also wish we'd have a good break the targets again. though i understand it really isn't reasonable to make a unique break the targets for 70+ characters. that aside, that is all single player stuff and the core fighting stuff is still really fun.

I actually prefer spirits to trophies because they are easier to implement so there can be a lot more of them. I just wish they had some descriptions like the trophies did.

Yeah :)

Any list that includes masterpieces is a fraud of a list on that point alone.

Fuck off Ultimate zoomers, go play any other Smash games before you say this one is the best

>I called them zoomers again, now what?

I played n64 smash and some melee and brawl they dont hold a candle!!!!! To smash U

Some people live in an era where video games are a solitary experience. Me? I like to play games with friends so missing single player content to me is no prob!!! Less time spent on single player means more for multi!!!

>online is trash, there's no separate ranked mode and you can't even do basic things like invite friends who are currently online to a lobby you create
>single player content is incredibly sparse beyond Spirits which is essentially just a series of event matches with wildly varying difficulty throughout
>most input lag of any Smash, plus an enormous buffer which both make the game feel quite unresponsive
>gameplay still designed to avoid combos which ironically just makes combos incredibly powerful tools for the characters who CAN do them due to their speed and/or jank (such as item drops) which defeats the entire purpose of the design decision to de-emphasize them
Not a fan of Ultimate. Sakurai is a hard worker and all but the franchise needs new blood.

Hey you dummies, /vg/'s holding another smash tournament in a few hours. I figure someone on Yea Forums might want to get it a go, if they like competitive smash.

You DO like competitive smash ultimate, dont you?

challonge.com/ssbgultimate8

Attached: 1541643806835.jpg (600x500, 39K)

Hell yes! Competition is what draws me to smash ;))

Sounds like a lot of nitpicking tbqh. All I know is I turn on the game pop the game in and me and the buds are having a great time together. Noone cares about input lag or anything like that

This. Also they made microspacing near impossible by having no real repositioning option other than dash which can't be canceled by anything but jump.
Online is such trash. I don't know what they were thinking when they made hazards on stages possible in elite matches.

What even is microspacing? They took out a feature that .01% of people even realize existed to streamline the game not a huge issue to be Frank

The fact that there are more characters and stages than ever before nullifies all this faggot nitpicking. I'd rather have 100 stages and 70+ characters than some stupid shit like the DK rap from Melee.

Just cause you don't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't an important aspect to people who did. The mass majority of more competitive players liked to have the option of moving small distances to position themselves better. Ultimate needed this heavily because it's a fast game and overcommiting is really easy due to the lack of an option to stop moving or move less. No microspacing option removes a lot of depth from the game and makes it less likely to have a long lifetime as well.

100+ this!!! The game is about SMASH now and nothing else@!!!

>competitive players
Its smash bruh you plug in and you smash it's a game it's supposed to be fun!!!!

Which one would you like me to play?
>N64
Good start, but entirely just that. A start. I'd rather play any other one at this point.
>Melee
The one that can compete but the meta is so focused around wonkyness and I don't particularly care to try and achieve the highest level of play possible.
>Brawl
Good singleplayer, but probably the weakest entry to play flat out. Mechanically everything was all over the place, introduced some of the worst stages, was just by far the hardest "anti fighting game" one on the market.
>3ds/wiiu
Portable was nice and the HD was welcome. It was an overly cleaned up and sanitized game though. It didn't leave much room to do fun stuff and more importantly, made dodging and other defensive maneuvers way too safe, slowing the game to a snail's pace if you ever started to get good at it. Further more, WiiU focused heavily on 8 players which was a mistake. 3DS got the better content but wasn't anyone's ideal way to play.
>Ultimate
The most robust set of options for the base smash game which I think is nice to be the focus for once. World of Light was ok, nothing more or less. It's a fine singleplayer experience for having to create minimal new content but something I'm happy to leave behind now that it's done. There isn't a large number of trinkets on the side but casually it has a massive roster of stages and options, competitive it dirtied up 4 enough to have interesting plays again and hazardless is a very welcome option, and so far a very diverse meta of characters right now relatively speaking. No one coming anywhere close to the metaknight or bayonetta problem.

This. Trophies were mostly a way to keep the art team busy while waiting for other tasks to be ready. For Ultimate that time was likely spent porting as many old stages forward as possible. Do I wish that spirits had description text? Sure, but expecting that for 1K+ spirits, and having to get approval for all of them from the creators, plus translating it into 12 languages is a ridiculous time sink. I don’t blame them.

It is fun of course , but I like to put time into getting better at what I find fun. I'm surprised people don't get better at games they like but I guess not a lot of people get as much fun as I do when I get better at stuff.
Smash's most loyal followers are on the competitive side however, so removing options that cater to them really hurts the longevity and status of the game.

What means BM?

>No events
Aren't spirit battles literally just events?

Really good game overall.
I would definitely remove the entire world of light section from the game and replace spirits with trophies, though.
Most importantly, I would change the awful theme song in the beginning to an instrumental. I swear, every time I turn on the game I mash the buttons trying to escape the terrible singing.

Bad manners, no taunts in multiplayer

Yes, it is the last Smash Bros.

Play Battle Arenas

Smash Bros. = Best Game Series Ever

Definitely:))

If it has bad manners then nah I'm good I'm not about h8 in gaming:) I'm just there to smash!!

You would remove a giant pile of gameplay for visual trinkets? I mean I get world of light isn't the most fun thing in the world, but it always seemed weird to me people obsess over this complete background aspect. I don't doubt people liked it, but really, you want to remove that massive pile of content for 3d models? Especially when nowadays most of them are just directly imported from the games they're from.

And I get I'm arguing legitimately in a thread that's 80% irony, but what is the argument against the online here? Is the fact that with preferred rules you get an items match one in about every 15 matches really that game ruining to you? Last game their idea of competitive was "final destination only, 2 stock". And if so, do you not just want to go to arenas then? Arenas work fine and let you set the rules to whatever you want.