Why didn't she just go trans?

Why didn't she just go trans?

Attached: xlJ3k0n.png (723x782, 193K)

She matured as a person and realized at some point you should just grow up and accept the hand you've been dealt.

she was best girl, and didn't have a mental illness

Attached: 1534042345781.jpg (894x894, 115K)

A bit excessive, don't you think?

Because she's not mentally ill.

Naoto is an assigned-female-at-birth detective who presents as male in their daily life, his struggle to come to terms with his gender identity a rare instance of empathy in a series that's needlessly cruel to LGBT people. But Atlus demolishes that initial good will over the course of the game. Naoto's dungeon, which represents his psyche, has him threatening to perform a “dangerous experiment” on himself that's later revealed to be some form of gender reassignment surgery. Your goal as the player character is to stop him from making that decision, ultimately framing Naoto as a woman fed up with the demeaning treatment from their male peers. This, despite a later hot springs scene where Naoto's visibly uncomfortable with his naked body paired alongside his cis female companions, and other clear signs of gender dysphoria.

The most damning insult to his identity comes when you decide to initiate the romance route with him. During an intimate moment between you and Naoto where he expresses his wish to have been born a boy, you are able to initiate romance with him by responding, “I’m glad you’re a girl.” Later, after confessing your love, you’re able to ask him to change his talk in a higher pitch to sound more feminine. If you do so, Naoto comes to school in a girl’s uniform during the Christmas event. However valid his feelings are, Naoto’s identity hinges on your cis character’s gatekeeping to be seen as valid, and that has left queer fans in the position of needing to reclaiming his identity .

This conflicting tug of empathy and delegitimization can be found in the real world, where the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops published an open letter calling for compassion toward trans people while condemning parents who acknowledge their children's trans identities. Naoto Shirogane is Atlus' trans child, his legitimate desires and struggles written-off and dismissed in a way that his cis-hetero companions aren't.

tomboy erasure is one of the gravest sins of globohomo

Being transexual is banned in China. Should be banned worldwide.

Attached: 1534431854049.webm (852x358, 2.35M)

the fact that this was actually an article at vice makes me more upset than it should.

It reminds me of that bs about trans Samus.

I'd rejoin the Army if they let us gun down Trans fags in the streets.

This. Why can't masculine girls just be happy as masculine girls? Why do they have to be 'transmen'?

Naoto is not trans nor does she identify as male nor any of that. She is a woman and she knows that, she only wishes to pass off as a boy because she doesn't want to have her and her work be dismissed as less because of her gender.

Because she wasn't suffering from Gender Identity Disorder. She just wanted to be treated the same as a man would.

Based
Cringe

Bitch almost ruined the game with her shit.
>hurry durr I'm a 12 year old detective
>and I have this toy gun
>I wish I was a boy and knew how to set up cameras
>my family is super duper anime btw
>my tits are also anime huge
Cringe: the character.

Anime huge?

>oh no, why isn't my anime game realitic?
Just play western shit if it bothers you so much

What's this from?

anime huge

Attached: fbeff9e8b3a8b8440a72b17058ad46bc.jpg (1080x1532, 172K)

Found the Naotofag. She sticks out as bad as Aigis and that bitch is a robot.

Double Ds, but she looks flat because lol anime is silly like that.

>Double Ds
In Japanese or American measurements?