youtube.com/watch?v=e3iHXZXx7g0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=1XsCWB-yVyk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion
youtube.com/watch?v=rXNWvytYbyo
worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dalaran/Osconty
youtube.com/watch?v=KVlP0qjEsg4
youtube.com/watch?v=AwSra5p8MDw
wowhead.com/news=169603.8/blizzard-was-teasing-us-with-the-cata-release-date-all-along
twitch.tv/chaphyo/clip/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa
wowhead.com/news=288412/blizzcon-2018-wow-classic-interview-with-brian-birmingham-and-john-hight
youtube.com/watch?v=NjPVSF2dpUE
classicdb.ch/?item=21693
classicdb.ch/?item=19389
classicdb.ch/?item=23226
classicdb.ch/?item=19405
classicdb.ch/?item=21675
drive.google.com/file/d/1VxUNJhWRe7QoJb7WOOZh49oryiqtfj8B/view
classicdb.ch/?item=21268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh no no no they fixed some issues?

>Classic Summer
Delay brainlets BTFO

>wrath babies report vanilla mechanics as bugs
People weren't fucking around when they said the mines were deadly in Vanilla

>we fixed some bugs and investigated things that were said to be different but really weren't
I don't see the issue.

Attached: 1551042844030.gif (384x378, 2.18M)

That post should have been made like a week after Blizzcon. What the hell is going on? It this the extent of their progress?

>that's not all we've done of course, we just want to give you an idea of what we are prioritizing
reading comprehension

>Rogue Energy didn't work right: it was both benefiting from melee haste and re-calculating more often than it was supposed to
>melee haste

Attached: 1245945734192.jpg (353x335, 28K)

Yes, attack speed increase was a thing in vanilla. Does it really trigger you that much if he refers to it by the term they use for the current game?

Attached: 1536036114700.jpg (800x667, 186K)

Yes, like the ability Slice and Dice. Melee haste was a thing in Vanilla.

I don't see the problem

The point is to show how autistically devoted they are to appeal to the Classic grognards.

We're goin home boys.

Just a few more months.

Attached: 1550768865426.png (550x627, 98K)

Attached: 1544847845274.gif (379x387, 133K)

>Trying to actually be faithful to the original thing you're remaking or remastering
How dare they

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=K0siYUjV9UM

>rares do less damage than people remember
Uh oh, it begins. Vanillafags clinging to their nostalgia in a nutshell.

Attached: warchief.png (419x107, 18K)

What is slice and dice

Hunters have a haste proc too with improved aspect of the hawk

so they were right, blizzard will fuck up changing things they dont have to change.

>OH NO NO NO
retard

Hey, it's not a bad thing. It's just that there's two types of Classic players: those who will be satisfied with the surface-level world and the ones that are knowledgeable about mechanics, stats, engine, etc. The groups aren't in any sort of contention but the latter group inherently has more sway in public opinion due to how much they know, so by saying the things they like to hear and assuaging their fears you get a better overall public opinion than going, "look Auberdine isn't flooded."

seething

Attached: retailfags.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Its kinda bad that they have to be told whats wrong in the game they made decade ago.

they lost all the original software and are trying to remake it based on the current game.

>some differences aren't worth fixing
>Slow fall no longers applies to your jumps.

Attached: popopopo.jpg (425x425, 10K)

>see big fucking wall of text
>get excited for juicy new info
>it's fucking nothing

thx for these fleshed-out patch notes i guess

It's kind of bad that you think people who were working on this almost 20 years ago would still be at blizzard, or be in a position there where they would do any work on this.

>make slow fall work the same way it did in vanilla
how dare they

I recently started playing on both Warmane (work) and Elysium (classic). I don't get how people can even like wotlk

wanna bet they're going to nerf a warlock's doomguard/infernal to no longer turn hostile?

>16 debuff limit
not playing this shit unless they remove the limit

All I ask is to give me the exact same game of 15 years ago.
Why the fuck is there a virtually zero percent chance of that happening?
Why the fuck. I hate so much.

t. retailcuck

Do you really think people will remember every single detail they worked on or coded after 15 years? Or they will just know because they’ll absorb it by working at blizzards office? Like kobold run speed is breathed through the air in Irvine?

Remember we are talking about thousands of people in the community so one guy remembers how demons spawn (and is wrong), another guy how mana regenerates (and is right), etc.

Why would they change that? Unless you have proof they are changing it, there is no reason to assume they would.
They reference 1.12 in the blue post, and the debuff limit was change in 1.7. So I think it's safe to say that they aren't including it.
The debuff limit was always a stupid idea.

The debuff limit was changed from 8 to 16 in 1.7, it wasn't removed

Good.
>The debuff limit was always a stupid idea.
That may be the case, but classic content was balanced around it. Not having it may trivialize some content.

>Fury warriors keep insisting on putting their bleeds on the boss
The number of time I had to yell at these cunts.

I think that guy is a moron for wanting the debuff limit removed, but a fair chunk of the content is already trivial. Shit doesn't really pick up until AQ40 and even then it's not that hard.

What the fuck?

Didn't nostalrius have all these issues completely fixed? Looks like they are putting 10 times the effort to do something that was done for free.

They have the original 1.13.1 data, they found it in the archive, they said so at blizzcon at the classic panel.
Database structure is different though, thats why they need time to adapt older data for a new client.

>mfw I see deep wounds appear on the boss

damn I was hoping for the debuff limit to go away. I was never allowed to serpent sting on my Hunter

Are you faggots actually going to support blizzard monetarily and pay 15 a fucking month for a 15 year old game?

No.

>i can't read

tßh I'm tempted as fuck since I've never played WoW and I suppose it would be a good time to jump in.

If I have to pay for this I won't be playing it. My buddy offered to pay for my sub, but if they think I'm going to fork over $40+ for the privilege of connecting then I'll stick to the shit ass pservers

after Bobby's recent culling it might be worth it if you view Overwatch as a containment game
we'll see how outsourcing to China goes

How much will a wow token be if I purchase it in the classic servers?

>people said you shouldn't lose demon when starting summoning
>they check it, and you used to lose it immediately
It goes both ways. Private servers aren't 100% accurate

I'll play it for a month and see how I feel.

Viper sting was the real mvp.

>classic summer
We ARE going home Yea Forumsros.

Retri fucking paladin reporting in.

Attached: 1513427445111.jpg (220x180, 8K)

SLice and Dice was a haste.

I'll do it to spite you.

I'm glad they kept this in. This shit was and still is hilarious.

Tbh I don't want to pay blizzard but my will to play the game is greater, so what can I do?

at least its not dead

>oh no no no they are ensuring the experience is authentic to classic and not just guessing values from memory
BFAbabbies confirmed seething, can't wait for BFA servers to be completely barren and void of players, even with sharding.

Play on a private server like any sane person?

Should I play a dickass rogue?

>are you actually going to do this thing
your post sure hasn't given me a reason not to
i've already been going through different race/class combinations on private servers so i'll know exactly what I want when it comes out

If they wanted it to be authentic, why have they confirmed they're removing walljumping?

i swear when you started summoning a second demon, your first demon just got hit with a 10 second stun. was that only added in tbc?

as far as i know the only vanilla server that doesn't have completely broken dungeons and raids, corrupt staff, bad ping outside of europe, broken quests, broken auction house/mail system, would be lights hope, which is shutting down when classic comes out, and to be honest isn't perfect in the first place

Walljumping was gone long before 1.12, they are launching in 1.12. I wish they had walljumping too but as far as I'm aware they would have to manually re-do everything to bust it back down to back when you could REALLY walljump.

Melee and Spell haste(casting speed back then) did exist, however it wasn't until later expansions that it was streamlined into the Haste that we know today that affects things like Rogue energy regen.

So ya haste did exist back then, but it didnt do all the crap it does now, particularly increase rogue energy regen.

>sane people
>playing almost 20 year old video games still
Come on now.

Actually these changes give me hope I might actually get this. They aren't caving to retards so far like I thought they would. Ive got 3 60s over the course of many years. Was a T2 player so Ill be sweeping a lot of you garbage players up on live.

>Classic
>good

I told myself in 2010 or so that the only way Blizzard were ever going to see another dime from me is if they made Vanilla WoW and/or BC servers, so yes.

Attached: 1514805449423.png (462x336, 42K)

>if you play games older than I am, you're crazy!
back to gamefaqs retard

Why would the game being old be a reason to not pay?

>plays chess
>COMPLETELY INSANE

>Make character on pserver
>Assume everyone that plays on a pserver will be autistically good
>They're all shit
People post a lot about the game being solved but people are just as fucking stupid as they were 13 years ago

Lol the azerite power chart poster on the wall

Friendly reminder that Shadowbringers is coming out in "early Summer" and Blizzard always release major WoW patches and whatnot around the time FFXIV does anything big, so Classic will be on or around the release of that. Expect a release in early Summer.

Attached: 1527191574958.gif (270x270, 972K)

>Walljumping was gone long before 1.12
I started in TBC and I remember being jelly of the guys who could walljump all the way up Karazhan.

Sure you can still walljump, but in like 1.2 they went and re-did all the collision boxes for everything to make it a lot harder. There are still a ton of things you can do, you just cant spider climb up every wall

>...and there are some bugs that we don't intend to address
>...some differences aren't worth fixing...
pic related was right. it's over. lets wait for pantheon

Attached: 1542743078122.jpg (338x338, 61K)

this
if you are a level *9 twink on these private servers you are basically untouchable in pvp
the sheer virtue of having more options to choose from will also mean idiots will come up with dumbshit builds that don't work

Attached: kek.jpg (480x318, 16K)

Why would you expect everyone to be amazing? Private servers are pretty much what retail used to be like, 5% excellent players, 15% good players and the rest are warm bodies.

There are hundreds of guides out there for every class and people still do not fucking do it right. You're free to make your own spec and do whatever the fuck you want, but I've seen people leveling through the world with a sword and a shield specced as prot warrior, or physical damage classes who haven't upgraded their weapon in more than 10 levels. You can watch a 5 minute youtube video and figure this shit out.

I figured that people who went out of their way to connect to a pserver were at least somewhat dedicated to the game, I was extremely wrong about that

*slams desk*

>Bro you replay games before gen 6? What are you a fucking grandpa LMAO

Walljumping was fucked in 2 phases.
The first time they tried to fix it they only succeeded in making it much more difficult to do.
It was only the second time they actually got rid of it entirely. Fuck if I remember which patches these each were in though

>pantheon
Shill me on it

no void elves
no buy

Attached: 1536824895255.jpg (2675x3554, 698K)

renforces my point of why Ill sweep up garbage, I was a pvper at heart. Everytime I fought someone as a warlock I won. SL/SL warlocks are damn near unkillable. You can get a blue item from a lock quest that gives you a FREE sack on void walker. 2 void sacks means you as a rogue have a 0% chance of killing me.

>2007 RuneScape and vanilla WoW are both revived

It's a decent timeline we live in

Attached: 1547789260174.jpg (500x373, 20K)

This art is fucking trash, stop posting it.

good, stay away from classic please.

Kinda hoping they add the ability to switch between classic graphics and retail graphics, but that's more work and unlikely to happen. A man can dream I guess.

Attached: 1542152008194.jpg (735x733, 148K)

>SL/SL
>Vanilla

Attached: 1508976601431.gif (300x225, 1.96M)

I'm playing a lock right now, you have so much shielding/healing its insane, people get the jump on me and I win anyway

Doesn't their starcraft remaster have that? I assume the warcraft 3 remaster will have that as well. I doubt they will launch with a toggle for that, but I would be surprised if that doesn't happen eventually. You can always slap the WoD models in manually if you want.

Dead on arrival
e
a
d

o
n

a
r
r
i
v
a
l

Attached: 1544199269764.png (354x354, 157K)

shut the fuck up trash

based going home poster

Attached: 1541676481996.png (1445x1200, 265K)

They've got the Cata shadows/water as a graphical option. No new models, animations and shit though which is good because they're fucking dogshit.

So it's a big band-aid on top of a band-aid to not make it vanilla to make it classic?
Huh, it really shows they care this time.

They do have that, and I like that feature a lot. I liked it in the Master Chief Collection too.
I thought the new models were good. Especially the orcs and dwarves.

>I know people in real life whose primary complaint is that vanilla is "Old and ugly"
>They play retail for 8 hours a day and dont raid, not even LFR

SL locks are god tier in vanilla, but theres a reason you weren't a R13 player.

>You can get a blue item from a lock quest that gives you a FREE sack on void walker.
Isn't there a talent for this as well? Does this mean that I can get 3 sacs in?

I don't mind vanilla graphics, I just would like the option for the HD graphics if I have to pay for it again. I'm still going to play it either way, it's just a personal nitpick. The real issues I had with the demo seem to have been addressed.

Attached: 1509806416478.png (550x627, 110K)

I'm saying you can't have soul link and siphon life in Vanilla, brainlet.

this will be your average legion zoomer thinking he knows fuck all about vanilla because he saw a 2 hour youtube video guide about classic
sl/sl doesn't exist in vanilla because you don't have enough talent points to get both talents, fucking spastic brainlets

>not paying for "Classic premium" and getting both lvl 70 cap and TBC talents

Goth here, shut the fuck up retard. I am a god at WoW youtube.com/watch?v=QV_U9136PPM

>is another ""vanilla veteran" keep mixing vanilla and older expansions" episode
Do they really need to re-run it 6 times every thread?

I was never able to play WoW should I play this anons or is it too late?

have some more, unlike you I have 30 minutes of footage of me wooping trash talking garbage like you out constantly lmao maybe you can make me eat my own words but probably not Ill win in every 1v1 with you anons that tried the same shit from /vg/ on Nost youtube.com/watch?v=e3iHXZXx7g0

Sure if you like MMORPGs.

who

Why do niggers like you say this shit all the time about wow? If there are still people subbing for fucking EQ others can do the same for wow kill yourself

It says right in your video thumbnail you're SM/Ruin.

Attached: 1502879148819.jpg (390x406, 36K)

You can check it out for free online right now, you may or may not like it so that's your best bet.

Walljumping was removed entirely in 2.4. It works on private servers running 2.3 but doesn't on 2.4. For the others I'm not 100% sure about, but some forum post talks about wallwalking being fixed in 1.9, walljumping popping up in 1.12, being removed in 1.12.1 and then popping back in 2.0.1. A wowwiki article talks about a form of wallwalking being removed in 1.1, but I didn't play the game then so I have no idea what that one was.

I definitely remember wallwalking being doable until 1.6 at least, and walljumping appearing some time after, but my memories of these things are really faint.

im not the same user you fucking retard

>if people are eating shit others can do the same

theres about three or four increases in attack speed in vanilla, but i cant remember if they were referred to as haste

ok but did you find your dad yet, finalflash?

Attached: 1468207031383.webm (1600x900, 2.52M)

I’m trying to come up with a list of absurdly popular names that I can quickly reserve so I never have to see them again. Stuff like Arthas, Legolas, Death, so on.
Any recommendations?
I wonder whether reserving actual names, like James, might be worth it too.

>tfw the autists who've spent the last 10 years shitting on you and your decisions are now lining up to throw money at you
blizzdrones truly are the most brainwashed

Attached: bobby-kotick-ceo-activision-blizzard.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Then stop replying like you are you fucking retard, learn how to use an imageboard.

I'm like 99% on the 1.1/1.2 thing, they didn't do a great job of removing it but they made it a little harder. My memory is shit though

lmao that dumb twink tranny gave up when I beat him 3 times in a row and shamed him on /vg/ he is complete trash thats why he never tried to start shit with me again

based brainlet

imagine being this new, imagine being you

>We don't like the way the game is heading so we're leaving
>Ok we'll give you back the version of the game you enjoyed
>Thanks

How is that hard to understand?

Preach may be a bit(read: a huge) of a bootlicker, but he was correct when he said that vanilla raids are designed around 40 people, where about 18 of them are competent and the other 22 are retards you carry

>Zoomer think OLD GAME BAD

again neck yourself

Molten core in particular is just a zerg, you sort of throw people at it and the bosses fall over.

It seems that team know what they're doing, this is great news.

I was worried but not anymore.

We're going home bros.

>Another issue players reported was that Warlock demon summoning was broken – lots of players said that you shouldn’t lose your current demon until the new one appears. We double-checked and in the original 1.12 WoW, and there, as soon as you started summoning a new demon, your existing demon disappeared. So the demo actually matched how the game played originally. There were a few other reports – such as “rare mobs do way less damage” and “Kobolds at Jangolode Mine run faster than walking speed when running away” – where we were able to confirm that the gameplay was the same in the demo as in the original 1.12 WoW.
lmao these pserverbabbies. Should stay on their containment servers.

vanilla WoW aged like fucking milk

It's been 15 years, get a job already poorfag

*unzips dick*

I don't remember when brokentooth and spirit link(sou link?) got gutted for hunters.

Also when did 7k aimed shots from shadowmeld get removed?

I might play classic just for alterac valley.

>cancelled fags BTFO
>pserver babies BTFO

Holy shit boys, Classic team confirmed based.

As usual small teams at Blizzard makes the best work.

>classic content was balanced around it
>classic balanced

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (800x610, 67K)

imagine being wrong on every conceivable level and all your brain can come up with in its own defense is three letters

broken tooth will still have that sweet 1.0 super fast attack speed on 1.12, or at least it should

no retard i was just pointing out how shit that post is regardless of the games.
its like you can't think for yourself

lmaoing @ this blizzdrone. you retards weren't being calm and rational, your withdrawal had you lashing out any time WoW got mentioned
it was more like
>fuck kotick and fuck bli$$ard. they sold out and will never see my money again

Attached: 1529238234813.png (900x900, 157K)

>we introduced basic features that were present in vanilla, look at us go
Holy shit lmao.

Is there such a thing as a BFA Baby? I didn’t think it possible

balanced =/= fair
you either weren't around for vanilla or you played a class/spec that wasn't viable and im putting my money on the first option

hi rhox :)

>broken tooth
>spirit bond
>shadowmeld

I stopped playing in 2010 nigger, you never saw me complain about anything because you were too young to be online without supervision.

>fuck kotick and fuck bli$$ard. they sold out and will never see my money again
who are you quoting

I do think for myself ill give you an example I think your a retarded nigger for going into a thread you dont like to type that dumbshit

I feel like it was legitimately broken. You could not kill a beastmaster hunter 1 on 1 ever. Granted 1 on 1 is obviously not a balance concern back then but still.

I'm kind of excited.

Oh. All my favorite memories from vanilla are already removed from classic?

Well fuck.

>classic fags will defend this

Attached: 1412698736443.jpg (184x184, 8K)

>class/spec that wasn't viable
>its balanced game guys
kek
i played sandbox offline version of wow back then since no internet. Non existing "balance" etiher way with that kike warrior fetish dev

>i played sandbox offline version of wow back then since no internet.
fucking what lol
how are you going to say that and expect anyone to take you seriously, you've basically admitted you've never played the game before.

Blizzard didnt use version control until 2.0. Which is shocking to me. So basically all of 1.0-1.11 has been lost.from a data perspective it seems.

>No mention of fixing servers ticks and spell-batching to be like vanilla
It will be worse than private servers if it's not fixed

Attached: are you serious..jpg (252x349, 13K)

>ret
I'm not sure whether I'm laughing at you or with you, but I'm most assuredly laughing.

HotW hybrid healer druid reporting in

it's already confirmed to be not in classic
literally DOA

Is it possible to tank dungeons as a druid but heal in raids and still be viable?
I know I cant be the best tank without playing warrior, but at the same time I don't want too much conflict for gear and such, which druids can avoid.
I generally prefer the tank role.
If that's not possible, then what is a good choice for something without too much gear competition, yet is often highly desired in groups and raids?
Mage? Paladin Healer?

On the topic of holy paladin, do they hav emana issues? I heard there's no plate gear for spellcasters.

EQ 2.0 grouping will be the fastest way to level (and pretty much the only way for certain classes). No instanced dungeons.

Group, move to your spot. Camp it

>ret
>not prot reckoning or shockadin
Have fun being a low priority target everyone prefers to ignore over engaging and dealing no damage to boot.

So as someone who got interested in classic and lost interest in classic in the span of 3 minutes when I learned it's not Vanilla,

What's the appeal to you guys? Not judging but my vanilla experience isn't even in classic.

i type retard and you reply with "retarded"
kek, stay mad

I don't remember it being particularly powerful. Spirit bond was 40 hp / hit, and assuming you had 100% uptime on frenzy with a broken tooth, you'd regen about 52 hps. 77 seconds to regen to full with a 4k hp pool.

And BM had some garbage talents prior to the talent revamp. Intimidation, instead of stunning, increased your pet's threat. Spirit bond was the 31p talent, so there was no bestial wrath.

Dont have to play the game to know that balance is non existent

I don't think druids could tank in vanilla. I was a hunter though so I couldn't say for sure.

Just be yourself bro, don't let the min-maxer virgins get to you.
Anything is viable in classic except moonkin.

>Mortal Strike

Attached: 1535488883813.jpg (411x321, 37K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Bear could tank leveling dungeons. Realistically that's all.

>I don't have to experience the game to have an opinion on it
and nobody has to give a shit about your poorfag opinion lol, how does one even manage to be so poor they don't have internet

>Realistically that's all.
youtube.com/watch?v=1XsCWB-yVyk
Wrong

Your information on spirit bond looks like post nerf. You'd get I think 100 ish hp heals every broken tooth auto.

For me its the lack of other MMOs in the market that had what WoW head at that time. Im not expecting 1:1 recreation of what happened but looking at the landscape of things to play that are MMO related its pretty bleak.

>pserver shit
I said realistically, nigger.

I grabbed my info from archived thottbot (feb 2005). You're probably just remembering things wrong.

You must have never played retail vanilla. Back when everyone wasn't a min-maxing autist you'd see people tanking some bosses up to AQ40 as feral and patchwerk in naxx.
It's a viable tank in raids for some bosses and you can play as feral dps or heal the rest of the time.

Min-maxing autists like you really ruin vanilla.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion
>opinion
its not an opinion tho, its a fact
half the specs are not usable in game's main content
refer to link above for your issue

>You must have never played retail vanilla
>you'd see people tanking some bosses up to AQ40 as feral and patchwerk in naxx
Based retard.

>melee haste
fucking DROPPED

Going back to pservers

This user here with their post knows what's up, because wall jumping was removed on 03/25/08 with the release of the Sunwell. What the lot of y'all may be referring to is either wall walking or wall climbing (horizontal movement and steep, sheer vertical movement). Wall walking and climbing was added again some time in WotLK for Priests with Levitate and by bumping up a small triangle of terrain of a wall for wall walking. I remember scaling Teldrassil for a video of this and it was quite funny. Also climbed Black Rock Mountain, such a proud feeling. I believe this change happened because of both model rounding and terrain collision checking (as you would instantly disconnect when going below terrain some time later on), as private servers never had proper wall jumping. Wall jumping still exists but it's by pure coincidence. A lot of invisible walls now, however, can be climbed vertically as if they were slightly slanted now.

The current game framework is based off Legion but is using details from 1.12, so it's mechanically functioning like the most recent game. Glitches that mechanically worked in Legion might most likely operate in Classic. Unfortunately, that means no boat/zepplin under Alterac and Stonetalon or getting mind controlled by Dr. Weevil and disconnecting to be able to wall climb. Looking forward to seeing how to do old glitches with a new take though!

What's wrong? I don't understand what people are complaining about

Technically you can tank both dungeons and raids (off tanking) all the way to naxx. Some bosses technically even benefit from a druid main tank because they're capable of better threat than warriors.

If you respec you obviously have no problems with tanking dungeons and healing raids, but I guess you were talking about doing so with a single spec? You'd do somewhat worse than a resto druid, though many of the resto talents aren't really that important. You miss out on +10% healing, +15% healing on rev (which some other druid might keep up anyway if you have one), 15% mana regen while casting, 10% cheaper HT and 0.5 faster HT. On the other hand, you gain +20% int from feral, which actually makes you a better dispeller than resto druids.

But in reality, vanilla content is easy at least until AQ40, so it doesn't really matter what you do until then.

@452865909
Not even going to respond to that, I know for a fact a guild on my server had a GM who played feral and tanked patchwork as well as a few bosses in aq40.

Not him, but in current retail WoW, you float a little bit when you jump up and down. Junping ! = falling; if you jump or fall off a ledge, it will work as intended. The new feather fall and levitate don't take you as far as it used to, so they fixed that. This is a good thing.

People think that Melee Haste wasnt a thing when it clearly was is my guess.

balance isn't about every single player having a 100% even playing field and everyone gets to be the hero fighting the big bad boss
but then again you played offline wow, whatever the fuck that is LOL, so you wouldn't know anything about raiding
once again I can just dismiss you because you've never played the game, got any wiki links for that?

>can't post a single proof
>but is a fact because I say so
Yeah, that totally happened. I also have at least 200 friends that topped Naxx charts playing retri, so that makes retri the most OP DPS spec because FACTS and LOGIC.

>Played feral

Hey nignog, you do realize calling classes by spec names wasn't ever a thing, right? You weren't a guardian/feral/resto druid, you just were a druid with particular talents like x/y/z. Having specific points in things for some classes ability to tank may not have mattered as much, if that's what you're trying to point out - I wouldn't know because I never tanked.

>She requires very high amounts of nature resistance on all players.
Meaning that a warrior and druid as tanks will both be running pretty much stamina and nature resistance, making the warrior lose out on lot of the mitigation (dodge, parry, block) compared to druid who relies mostly on high hp, armor mitigation and dodge.

So you can use a druid tank on very specific fights, or if severely outgearing content.

Slice and dice

Maybe. It's just a matter of whether Shadowbringers is good enough. I have a house in XIV that I don't want to lose.

>I also have at least 200 friends that topped Naxx charts playing retr

youtube.com/watch?v=rXNWvytYbyo

It's the OG kind of cringe but it's legitimate.

>a guild on my server had a retard GM who forced his whole guild to make his comp work and waste a ton of time trying to fit a round peg in a square hole

People not understanding that haste effects were in the game but just weren’t called haste back then.

Examples are Slice and Dice (attack speed buff)

And improved aspect of the hawk (ranged attack speed buff proc)

Reminder than classic is shit where everyone plays rogues,Warriors are the only tanks, Paladins and Shamans are only healers in raids (at most one DPS shaman) and almost every class spams one button in raids. Also druids are crap, can't even rezz and nobody likes them.

>Hey nignog, you do realize calling classes by spec names wasn't ever a thing, right?
>there were no frost mages or fire mages
>there were no destro locks, demo locks
>there were no fury warriors
Back to wherever you came from.

no, but balance is also not having half of the specs not playable because team was too busy sucking warrior cock while you mongrels fall for the "hybrid tax" meme while warriors dominate both roles
You can dismiss whatever you want, your delusional meme answers such as "its balanced but for leveling" and other retarded answers that make you a laughing stock will do nothing but that
Game balance is almost non existent in vanilla.
And I did play on private servers, I was just talking about my retail vanilla experience.

name of talent tree =/= name of build
wotlk baby please fuck off

>all these autists are going to play Classic
>they think people will drop the min-maxing shit only because it "wasn't a thing at all" back then
>they honestly believe that their meme specs are not gonna get ridiculed for not being optimised
>they want to raid with literally unplayable talents because that's just how it used to be
Y'all are suffering from a major case of nostalgica I what I'm saying.

Attached: da fug bruh.jpg (480x360, 16K)

What is boomkin?

Imagine speccing as a fire mage for the first time and then getting fucked over lmao

>and you can play as feral dps
But feral DPS is 100% a pserver thing, since the only way to make it viable was figured some years after TBC release and tried only in pservers. You are just another pserver retard pretending you played retail.

>if you're not being a min-maxing autist and having fun you're playing the game the game wrong
You can clear pretty much everything up to naxx with a sub-viable comp. It doesn't really matter, just play what you want and enjoy it.

Attached: 1513956932225.jpg (488x516, 92K)

>I was just talking about my retail vanilla experience.
you played offline wow and private servers you've never had a retail vanilla experience
talk about delusion holy shit the other user who posted dunning kruger hit the nail on the fuckin head

>Y'all are suffering from a major case of nostalgia
Not really, they never played retail, so they can't feel nostalgia. They are just parroting stuff that other retards who never played retail said in these threads.

>just play whatever you want
pnigger detected

who are you quoting because I never said that

>Mages casting anything but Frostbolt for boss DPS

So long, gay bowser.

>Damn Shamans and Paladis have cool looking armor!
>better wear cloth armor and heal in raids you scrubs!

Shit game

>REEEEEEEEEE I WANT FREE SHIT! I EXPECT COMPANIES TO SPEND MONEY DEVELOPING WHAT I WANT AND THEN THEY HAVE TO GIVE IT TO ME FOR FREE!!!!!
Literally fucking kill yourself you stupid nigger faggot, classic sub will be included for the $15 people pay for retail.

A big 'ole, cute fluffernugget to hug.

When a talent tree had only one real spec, said build was called the talent tree almost every time. A priest is shadow because there were no significant differences in building a shadow priest. On the other hand, if there were multiple specs, then things would be different. Assassination rogue says nothing. Is it SF? Is it CB/prep?

no, you aren't
because the magic of discovery is gone

Tier sets are really good looking.
Lol nope, the stats are garbage, enjoy your autism clothing.

People started playing it whenever they added in feral weapon power, I forget what patch. It was slightly viable after that.

Powershifting just made it a lot more viable.

Is OOMkin in "WotLK baby" language.

Y'all here talking about min-maxing leveling experiences. Meanwhile, I'm gonna' level 46 to 58 in the Dancing Troll Village with instant respawns that do very little damage with small health pulls and drop so much cloth, food, potions and epics and rates that I'll be drowning in gold on the Auction House.

I know this isn't true though, at all. Ret paladin has too much threat generation for a dps spec etc. I know we want it to be a "play what you want, who cares!", but pandora's box is open and we know what's good/bad/viable now. There's gonna be more warriors and rogues than any other class I conjecture.

I do know that there were three intended tank specs: Protection warrior, Protection Paladin, and the Feral Druid bear tank, but I also know basically only Protection Warrior was considered "the" tank.
What I mean is, my preferred playstyle is tank, but I heard leveling as a Warrior can be painful (I can deal with that), but also that warriors have a lot of competition for gear, as they are so popular for both dps and tanking. I know other tanks are more viable in dungeons, but in raids I heard only warriors were considered sensible for all bosses. I was wondering if I could tank in dungeons and heal in raids, kind of like how shamans can dps outside of raids.

That doesn't seem to be a great idea. What are other great classes that are desired and can help a bunch in groups? Mage for the food and hard CCs? I also heard Mages aren't too gear dependent, though they benefit from it.

Most people will never figure out that anything up through about C'thun isnt really that hard a fight overall. Naxx for the most part just makes mechanics a bigger deal compared to the "Mechanics" of the first sets of raids.

WoW was never good

>whenever they added in feral weapon power, I forget what patch
>patch
Expansion, Mr. Vanilla Veteran. They added it on TBC.

It was added in 2.0.1 which is still vanilla.

>2.0.1 which is still vanilla

Attached: 1523006866921.png (500x500, 7K)

no I shit up every delusional nostcuck thread
this will be absolutely dead by the end of the first year

Minmaxing autism is mostly a pserver thing. Most guilds in vanilla were filled with people not knowing how to play, using garbage builds and doing basically whatever they wanted. We had shadow priests healing in BWL because they didn't want to respec. Optimal? No. Viable? Sure.

You shouldn't try to form your arguments based on the premise that being optimal was a requirement, especially when you talk about vanilla. Honestly, you seem like the one that sounds like a pserver babby.

You could play ret up to some early bosses in aq if you found a guild that let you be the nightfall bitch.

>Most guilds in vanilla were filled with people not knowing how to play
Correct. So they followed online guides and told their members to respect or fuck off.

You never played retail.

>just ignore that people have been playing on pservers over and over again for a decade
Seething BfAshitter

irrelevant if i did have retail vanilla exp or not
i can see videos from preach and alike who did decent high pve videos to confirm everything, no need for delusional retards like you trying to tell me something is not correct just because I never experienced it

>know this isn't true though, at all. Ret paladin has too much threat generation for a dps spec etc.
you actually needed 1 ret when bok was in the ret tree and some guilds let them stay ret after it was changed
since were on 1.12 I guess that doesn't really matter

Nowadays minmaxing will be a requirement, classic is just another private server.

Sorry, but most guilds weren't autistic minmaxers.

You can tank all dungeons and are valuable for many fights in raids where your higher threat generation is valuable. I believe patchwerk was always easier when tanked by a Druid.

>Kobolds run faster than walking speed when fleeing
Zoomer shits reported this as a bug.

Attached: 8438.jpg (700x876, 308K)

>most guilds weren't autistic minmaxers
LMOA. You never played retail. Any "casual" guild that killed Lucifron followed guides, used addons and told their players to use correct specs, except maybe 1 or 2 guys (always officers or similar). You never played retail, retard. Stop LARPing.

>adaptive loot

Most guilds didn't raid.

Keywords: "guilds that killed Lucifron".

>all these faggots talking about minmaxing for the epic simon says raid
Lmao you retards are fucking embarrassing, I can't wait to gank you all.

Undead rogue scrub detected

Jokes on you, I'll play in a PvE server.

lmaoing at this catabab

Attached: 1504575570054.jpg (848x1080, 104K)

I'm not sure that's enough though, what do i do outside of those select few fights in the raids, fights warriors can tank anyway? I can't just on the fly respec into restoration outside of those fights (nor would that be a good thing nessecarily), and a hybrid build with a bit of restro investment probably isn't gonna be super competitive for either situation.

the fuck is wrong with you?

As a druid you tank dungeons and heal raids, that's all.

Yeah but most guilds didn't raid. I'm not the guy you were replying to or anything but the autistic focus on muh raiding and muh parses is part of what killed WoW. The leveling experience is just as if not more important than the endgame.

Did warlock pets really disappear immediately in vanilla? I remember them having that little stun animation and could've sworn that was in by the time of 1.12.

>The leveling experience is just as if not more important than the endgame.

If that was true nobody would play Warriors and Rogues and it's opposite in Vanilla. Nobody wants to keep subscibing just to sit out raids for months and having nothing to do.

>i'm not the guy you were replying to or anything
Then why are you replying to a discussion about raid viability? Are you OK? Do you have brain damage? Is your first day on 4channel?

You could probably off tank pretty easily, I’m not an expert on the subject I just had buddies who did in back in vanilla. If you absolutely want to be a viable tank 100% of the time you are going to have to play warrior.

Incorrect. Dunno whether you're basing this on your pserver or post-vanilla experience, or whether you happened to be in a guild with a particularly autistic GM, but you're quite off.

In my first guild I didn't even have DBM, my gear was a mess (pic related, figured that sets are good like a ton of people). The only thing that was up to par was my build because I had looked that up, but the guild didn't give one shit about any of that stuff. Especially since I was a warlock and alliance locks at that time were an extreme rarity, and got poached immediately when they hit 60. On my second char on another server, I was a bit smarter myself, but the guild still had priests healing as shadow because of respec costs, we had a bear officer who did off tanking, and other stuff. Reached AQ40 but never cleared it. In TBC we had some server firsts, so it's not like my guild was particularly horrible. It was just the norm to be fairly relaxed and not that autistic.

Attached: lock.jpg (368x459, 151K)

Good luck getting gear to off tank as a druid, guilds will prioritize having shit ton of warriors and making sure couple of DPS wars have off tank loot. Maybe if you join some very casual guild but those won't even make it to later raids when off tanking becomes relevant.

In general warriors are the only viable tank. In dungeons you run only one tank, so you will have prio on gear as tank. DPS-gear on the other hand, you will roll against other warriors, rogues, hunters and some autismspecs. What most people do these days is reserving gear in dungeons by saying that if item X drops, person Y will receive it.
In raids, you are as a tank prioritized to gear up to ease the rest of the raids job. However, fury warriors are the #1 dps spec in the game, and for off-tanking you don't need many points in prot (any at all?). However, tanking gear will go to main tank(s) and the warriors are expected to have proper tanking-gear in their bag. You're making 10 hens out of a feather really.

Playing a warrior is good, and groups will fight to have oyu in their dungeon.
If you can, find a healer-buddy to level with, makes you unkillable, and kill-speed for quests increases by 10-folds.

For other classes, priest is a good one. Strongest leveling spec, and top tier pvp and pve-specs available.

Mages too are preffered. Other then that, generic dps is nice and you usually gear for solo as you gear for groups.

You kidding? Tauren Chieftain ensured that there will always be a shitload of people playing Rogue just to gank.

>implying people aren't gonna nitpick the fuck out of Classic

lets face it, while classic was good it had a lot of problems that were overlooked due to all the good will Blizz had in 2004. With how hated Blizz is right now I can't see it going well.

Yeah. I haven't been subbed in years but my account still has enough gold to pay for subs with tokens for a straight year.

They are slow as shit to level, so no, you can gank in other expansions and they aren't roguefests.

>but the guild still had priests healing as shadow because of respec costs, we had a bear officer who did off tanking, and other stuff. Reached AQ40 but never cleared it.
Hmmm

I’m not the guy wanting to be a Druid tank dude, I’m just stating that you could off tank as a Druid.

Being slow doesn't matter unless you give a shit about DKs.

>zoomers dont remember humanoids run in fear quickly at low health
>tfw remembering scarlet niggers running to their pull their allies while im questing in tirisfal glades

So in half a year they fixed a handful of bugs?
Is this being handled by one person?

If they're autistic about shit as minor as kobold walk speed then I think the mechanical side will be fine. The problem comes in moderation. It won't be WoW without Barrens chat and Goldshire Infernals.

>I know this isn't true though, at all. Ret paladin has too much threat generation for a dps spec etc

Its not impossible for a great player to pull things off but in the end they are still playing a sub optimal spec compared to what would happen if they played Fury War.

Shitters dont understand that perpetration is key and will go in to MC with no consumables and just bottom out while not adding anything besides being a buff bot or in the case of shadow priest Debuff bot.

If you care about leveling experience the most then it does matter. Having 20 people tag all monsters and having to spend a lot more time to quest than anyone else isn't very fun. They are good for PvP, raids and you can scamm people with lockboxes but leveling is really boring with them. If every raid didn't ask shit ton of them there would be much less rogues like in TBC.

>less than 1k people still p-play the same shit every day that they did in 2004 b-btfo
wow classic will last 3 years at the most

Why are you using shit guilds who never cleared naxx past anub as example?

>Any "casual" guild that killed Lucifron
So now we're moving the goalpost from lucifron to anub?

>OLD BAD

Attached: 1550942418025.jpg (511x471, 152K)

Technically that would be the true Vanilla experience for most guilds.

The game is over 15 years old.

but it's true.
also protection warriors are op and rogues with stealth can sneak up to kill quest objetives, they can oneshot with ambush and they are relatively safe

Way more than 1k people play on private servers

Heck there’s 2500k during peak hours on Kronos 3 and that’s considered very underpopulated compared to Northdale

>post random dev blog
>write OH NO NO NO next to it
300 replies

How will the ERP scene be though

My friend's guild's main tank back in vanilla tanked Molten Core as a fury warrior wielding a 2hander who never left berserker stance and was drunk every time he tanked.

it's gonna be great
finally free of this titanforging, AP grinding stupid bullshit

It's nice that they're keeping us updated I guess. At least the 2020 posters got BTFO.
That doesn't matter though as long as you POST YOUR FAVORITE ZONE TO LEVEL IN

Attached: Comfycraft 4.mp4_snapshot_01.40_[2019.02.27_15.33.56].jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

>rogues with stealth can sneak up to kill quest objetives

You underestimate number of hunters and mages plus in vanilla everyone is in same zones. That's nice in theory but almost never works. For every mob you sneak up on you will lose 10 of them to other classes. Doing Consumed by Hatred with Rogues takes significantly more time than for most other classes and there's plenty of quests like that. It's one of the reasons why some pservers have shared loot.

So are they going to let bugs and imbalanced shit that were in the game at the time stand? Spyglass range increase, deathray ultra-crits, infinite ignite rolling, green whelp armor sleeplocking

the release date is July 16th btw

Is there a problem here?
How dare they fix things.

Hopefully still on moonguard. Fucking Degenerates.

Attached: 1502028838442.gif (480x360, 529K)

>time to collect 0.15 drop rate zhevra hooves
>time to farm mats and res armor shit
>realize WoW never changed at all and its the same grinding shit

Fuck WoW

I remember I didn't care much for PVP when I started playing.
Then I hit STV, and the game became less about leveling and more like a zone-sized battleground. Leveling pretty much happened by accident or just when I couldn't find someone to fight after that.

Hinterlands.
Any by extension, Feralas and Tanaris due to the connections of quests between all three.

>Not the week after Shadowbringers
Why even LARP

Attached: 1533674388193.jpg (497x863, 75K)

Yes, with pleasure.

dont reply to those subhumans

I don't mind grinding (it is an mmo). I do mind grinding literally forever.

That's two weeks after Shadowbringers.

No it's fine, I'd rather have a harsh reality check before I invest in a character with misguided expectations.
I'm aware, fully now, but I thought I could maybe switch between both depending on the environment. Without respeccing on raid days and carrying multiple gear sets around, though, that seems to be impossible.

That being said, suppose I wanted to be a holy paladin Healer, must I wear cloth armor? This is mostly a curiosity, but healing woudl be a backup if I found the tank dream untenable.

Your post was very thorough, thank you. I think I going to roll a warrior then, despite the high numbers, since I just want to tank really. Warrior tanks in vanilla specced mostly in fury I hear right, with just a few points in prot?
As long as there's a demand for tanks, I don't mind. I didn't want to roll a tank and fight to even get into content or anything. In that case I'd just be a healer, which seem to always be in demand.

no larp. blizzcon had two names for the gnomes - osconty and july
worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dalaran/Osconty
osconty is a level 16 gnome
youtube.com/watch?v=KVlP0qjEsg4
a gnome named osconty recorded a kill of patchwerk on july 16th

Attached: 1526049455006.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

don't worry, life is finite.

I hope to fuck it's good. I love XIV, it's my home game, but fuck if I don't want just a pserver without the fucking chinks. I'll pay the additional 15 a month, I will literally suck your cock until the end of time Blizz if you don't fuck this up.

Attached: shes_lost_control_again_167.jpg (448x537, 50K)

>>less than 1k people
These guys really have no idea.
But they will.

Attached: flavortown.jpg (599x398, 180K)

Pretty much, although they make good enough off-tanks all the way to Naxx that it doesn't hurt to have one if they're good. One less fury off-tank competing for gear as well. Good luck being that 1 though.

Yea Forums BRIGADING ME AGAIN
>kitingdruid.png

>SOUL vs. SOULLESS

>druids competing with warriors for tank loot
?????

One wears leather, the other plate. Bear bis trinkets are a quest reward and a crafted (enchanting) trinket. One of the best rings is another quest reward, and heavy dark iron ring isn't that good for warriors.

NOT YOUR EVERYDAY-TYPE PRANKSTER
CALL ME ICE-T
ORIGINAL GANKSTER

Attached: 1536853791584.jpg (480x480, 12K)

Stranglethorn vale

Attached: 1531412235140.jpg (960x951, 57K)

Rogues are only bad like mid MC everywhere else they are a top 3 class, including leveling

youtube.com/watch?v=AwSra5p8MDw

Not the point obviously, guilds will run raids just to equip all warriors, they'll never do an extra raid with the goal of equiping a druid.

if your plan is to be a Speed running guild or clear first week guild pick Meta.

If your plan is to be in a guild that may not do everything or is way slower in progression. You can pick off meta. Just dont expect to main tank anything as a druid outside of a 5 man maybe.

>Rogues
>Top 3 leveler
Maybe with frontstabbing, I doubt they will have that on live servers

>pniggers claim that any class is viable in Vanilla
LOL

They are 2nd or 3rd slowest class to level up and it's not even debatable.

And? Running a raid with the purpose of gearing a warrior doesn't mean only warrior gear drops.

Rogues are low tier levelers. Better than warriors, but still slow compared to most classes.

Thats some crazy tinfoil hat level shit that i want to belive.

Blizzard would rather kill FF14 Sooner with classic is the implication.

Yes it does. Go check drop rates on those items.

blizz has hidden release dates in stuff like this before.

wowhead.com/news=169603.8/blizzard-was-teasing-us-with-the-cata-release-date-all-along

I dunno, I remember leveling as combat and it wasn't so bad. As long as you kept up with First Aid your time between mobs wasn't terrible, bring food along as well. But being able to stealth to quest objectives made certain hellish zones a piece of cake. That said you were never going to solo elite quests like some other classes could.

>Stop liking what I don't like!
>Old is bad!
>You're not really having fun!
>Just please don't enjoy it that much guys...

Guilds in that postion are just going to do old content. They would give leather to the rogue or the druids at that point.
>Running old content JUST for gearing a war. Be easier to just run current stuff if they are going to survive and aren't trying for TF.

Every time you bandage yourself it's a loss of time that many classes don't have.

Classic won't make us 15 years younger. It'll be a grind that no one has the time to do.

stupid fucking frogposter

>don't post update for months
>finally post one
>it is the weakest update post I've seen in WoW history
they don't even care what they are doing.

Attached: 1546267469181.png (600x490, 269K)

Im willing to believe since there was at least something tangible.

For sure but I don't remember it being that bad. Then again it's been a fucking aeon since the 1-60 grind and I do remember leveling being a god damn slog. I guess I just always assumed it was slow for everyone. At least it wasn't as bad as priest.

No, but not everyone is a no life neet that wants to get to 60 in the first week.

Even then chances of you getting those drops are low and you are still just an emergency sub if all those Warriors leave the guild.

The grind isn't the problem. There were people back in true classic that still 'didn't have time' for the grind but still loved the game. Classic is going to live or die on the community. That's what held the game together originally and if it doesn't hold together this time around, then yeah the game will collapse. But it's still well worth giving a chance I think.

You don't have to speedrun but you certainly want to follow the leveling curve and not be left behind. Unless you play something rare like ally Warlock etc.

how can you unironically have this art on your harddrive

>osconty is now "july"
Classic makes you a tranny! Fucking knew it.

Remember the shock and horror when AQ came out and fire wasn't just viable, it was dominant?

So are they going to address the phasing or sharding at all? That was the biggest fuck up they did on the Blizzcon demo. It's not fun seeing the game empty until you join the correct "world instance".

There isn’t a class that’s really that terrible to level. Vanilla wow leveling wasn’t that difficult for any class compared to previous MMOs such as EQ.

That doesn’t mean that some classes leveled much faster than others. Hunter, warlock, and Druid have the least downtime since they never really have to eat or drink (druids continue to regen mana in animal form, so they can cast hots on themselves in between pulls and never need to rest).

Priest has much less downtime than rogue. Actually priests are pretty efficient levelers with the right spec, just boring.

a fucking 1/2 year

Most of the wars are going to want to DPS though. Tanking is still going to be rare compared to the untold numbers of Fury and Combat rogues wanting those DPS spots.

Yeah Priests have no downtime basically but at the start it can be hard to find wands on AH so they might be slightly slower. Also making wands at the release is a decent way to make some money. Sometimes I would just go to Brill and sell those lowest lvl wands for a decent profit.

*raises spork*
Who cares?

Attached: B9780F24-7E42-4379-AED1-8049DE098116.jpg (709x1000, 107K)

>get ready for a Classic Summer!

man they're going to lose to this.

Attached: shadowbringers.jpg (1600x900, 95K)

burn in hell lolifag

>Priest has much less downtime than rogue
You know, that's fair, I probably just remember having to wand shit to death so often until hitting 42 or whatever level it was to get Shadow Form. My god that class was torture to level.

I'm curious to see how leveling feels this time around though, given the existing knowledge going in. I remember setting goals like '1 level a day' or '5 levels a week' and even having troubles with that. I was also a massive weeb and played on an RP server though- wont be doing any of that shit this time around.

You can either be in a shard, or be in the queue, or they can make a hundred servers that will all be ghost towns in a month. No matter what, you won't be playing with everyone until shit calms down.

I wonder if I'll get captcha immunity for all the faggots I report.

I could just be pulling this out of my ass, or misremembering, but didn't they confirm that there will be no phasing? I suspect we'll just have like 3-5 servers on launch and deal with queue time like the good old days.

>Warrior

What makes you think that getting drops that have little competition is hard?

>but didn't they confirm that there will be no phasing
twitch.tv/chaphyo/clip/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa

Because they have terrible drop rates. Have you ever played WoW or any MMO? You don't just get anything you want after beating a raid.

But the warriors that exist in much higher numbers manage to get their gear? Hmm

Right I know it was present in the demo, but I thought they went on record as saying this wont happen during launch. Like I said I could be imagining that, and don't have a source, but it would be a death sentence if this was left in.

Depends how much you play really and what kind of server (PvP will be slower).

I plan on taking my time and enjoying the ride. Leveling professions as I go even if it’s not the most efficient.

My plan is to level a hunter with mining/engineering and then a warrior alt. I’m toying with the idea of going prot on the alt and try leveling almost exclusively through instances. It’ll be slow as fuck, but I can see myself having a lot of fun doing something like that with an alt.

Make it fun. The content isn’t going anywhere.

you can pinpoint the exact moment his heart rips in two.

Most won't get to. Warriors are an over-represented class, and raids need off-tanks far more than they need a dps that is incredibly gear reliant on drops that are highly contested.

>but you certainly want to follow the leveling curve and not be left behind.
This is something many people don't understand about vanilla wow with all the modern mmos.
Vanilla was not a race, all the content was relevant throughout the whole of vanilla.
"Not be left behind" is really only an issue if you were in a hardcore raiding guild, which most people did not nor had the time for.

Anyone rushing to 60 so they can rush raids is missing the point of classic content.

Because raids are being done until they get them, then everyone moves on. You will learn.

Nevermind, found a source. Phasing wont be a thing but sharding might be I guess.
wowhead.com/news=288412/blizzcon-2018-wow-classic-interview-with-brian-birmingham-and-john-hight

And because your gear has much less competition, you are extremely likely to get your gear before the warriors are geared. Do you not understand this?

Not just for a hardcore guild, but for any decent guild. And PvP. And not being fucked by economy. Etc. Take your time, more fun for me.

based post

>Rogues are only bad like mid MC everywhere

I was pugging early MC raids on Elysium and I was consistently top 5 DPS using Thrash Blade (no enchant but I was human). I am aware this could be due to pugs being shit but still, while Warriors are top dps even early on if you get the head/legs, Rogues weren't too far behind at all.

But maybe you won't get it, warriors 100% will. And even if you do nobody cares because Warrior will do the off-tank stuff, not a druid.

Anyone else plan on playing Shadowbringers until two weeks after Classic launch and seeing whether the moderation is in ResetEra's pocket?

>Leveling professions as I go
This right here is the thing I decided on as well. I remember basically ignoring professions when I played originally and going back to level them late in the game feels like balls. Not sure what will be best to take though, maybe mining/enchanting for the profit potential. Then again engineering always looked so fucking fun.

Most prob wont just like most rogues wont get spots either.
Overall though a mid tier guild would prob end up better with a person that WANTS to tank over a person thats looking for an out to DPS in another guild maybe.

>But maybe you won't get it
Statistically you will get it 99% of the time. Holy fucking shit why am I arguing with mentally retarded people who can't into math.

>you MUST play with this exact spec
what is it with raidtrannies?

same fucking thing

Rogues were one of the few classes that could solo end of zone elite quests, as long as they were single targets. You just pop all your cooldowns.

>warlock fag thinks he’s broken
>win against 99% of warlocks as mage anyways
Unless you’re running felhunter and I happen to have no spell penetration (iirc didn’t come around until AQ/pvp trinket), you’re going down boyo. You sound like a clicker to be quite honest

lol I knew this shit would happen, next is the rogue nerf so they can shit on rogues before people start whining about them again. Literally couldn't just leave vanilla alone.

They are afraid classic will fail because they knew it would be a self fulfilling prophecy

Rogues were always in a pretty good place DPS wise in vanilla, they just didn't provide much- or really any- utility to a raid. I mean, I guess expose armor if you have paladin tank?

user, I don't really want but someone must say it to you, you have been posting with "Total War Warhammer 2" as name during 3 hours.

Attached: 313937.jpg (430x240, 43K)

Go ahead, teach us your math. Try to use actual source on drop rates and not just info out of your ass. And again, even if you are right, it's completely irrelevant.

sharding is worse than phasing. it's what you see in this was not present in vanilla at all. all it does is separate the community just so blizzard could save bandwidth.

>lol I knew this shit would happen,
???

>not be left behind

People are constantly making new characters. I levelled a mage late in a pserver's life (slightly before AQ release) and had a very reasonable levelling experience as far as doing group quests/dungeons went.

That was the PUG factor, MC lacks good weapons for combat, the only you can get the sword from Onyxia, Rogues take off once they get maladath and CTS, then the rogue has to be retarded to not top every chart until mid naxx.

>decent guild
KEK
raids are braindead content, just pull 30 half-brained people and done.

>less than 1k
>blizzard saw nost as such a threat they had to shut it down even though they didn't give a shit until it started to have 20k players

Yeah I do remember late game it became a bit easier. There was an elite farming circuit in Winterspring- I can't remember what for exactly- but killing the elites in the demon zone near Hyjal was really profitable. But man it did get old having to wait 3-5 minutes between kills.

I'm going to be playing Shadowbringers exclusively because I can't trust modern Activision-Blizzard with WoW Classic. I would rather trust sketchy private servers to deliver a more authentic experience than them.

Their brains have rotted away from infections caused by the unhygienic conditions in which they fester. Poopsocks and pissbottles aren't just disgusting, they are a health hazard.

>warriors 100% will.
One warrior will.
The other nine not so much.

Which moderation? They added "loot trading" to dungeons and retail automated report system to avoid hiring GMs.

People make bank alts or money alts but you'll never beat later raids if you are left behind.

It's...it's actually going to be ok after all, isn't it? We're actually going home.

Attached: 58d.gif (500x375, 2.78M)

Were they to come out at the same time i would pick Classic over Shadowbringers. You can catch up in the down time of Classic and during the down time of new patch in FFXIV

For farm raids and the lower tiers, the stacked healers will start running their rogue / hunter alts, and you can bet they will compete for your off-spec gear.
It's a mixed bag of guilds having fun, and gearing up tanks.

Fuck thanks for telling me.

Put a source here on how many guilds beat Naxx in vanilla.

that's assuming classic comes out after shadowbringers. I think it will come out before just so blizzard could have the first hype.

So not only are you a mathlet, you're also an idiot who doesn't know a thing about droprates? The items from bosses have identical droprates, go check a classic database if you want. One item is not any more likely than another, excluding the differences in drop rates between set items and non set items.

>30
That works in MC the number drops as you go higher up in the patch cycle.

>just so blizzard could save bandwidth
I mean server stability is also a factor but probably less so given modern tech so I get you. So, I guess I'm kind of ignorant here then, does sharding keep you on the same server just instanced away from other characters? Like are you still in the same channels as everyone else or is it just like an overflow/interactive queue with its own population?

They were high on the aggro list, so if main tank died, they could pop evasion (?) and survive a few seconds.

Wasnt it like 80 that beat Kel'Thazud ? I remember it being low.

Go prove with math how you will 99% get off tank items as a druid in vanilla.

Well I'm not the guy shitting on druid tanking either. A druid is probably more valuable overall than a fury off-tank, and can even alleviate some of the stress of needing so many protection warriors for something like horsemen. I think feral will also surprise people in early raids in just how strong they are out of the gate with so little gear reliance. That said, there's only really room for 1 if you're even lucky enough to find a guild that won't immediately dismiss it as a meme.

I do remember evasion tanking a few clutch situations, that's true. But I mean, we don't bring any buffs or auras, CC is kind of joke- 10% chance of drop stealth on sap WHEN specced- and if you didn't have decent gear your DPS was a joke. PVE could be tough on a rogue early on at time. PVP on the other hand..

>how many guilds beat Naxx in vanilla
Somehow every Yea Forums poster did it. All playing in guilds that raided with memespecs.

Sharding is basically Trisfal Glades 1 2 3 4 and you dont know those people exist in the other numbers as it creates more or less depending on what the game needs for population.

Good thing hunters and rogues don't compete with bears on several pieces, because they're filled with stamina rather than dps stats.

naxx will be open like a year and a half after classic launches so everyone and their mom will be already prepared for it.

I think most classes could do that, definitely all ranged, Paladins if they weren't freshly dinged, maybe Druids as well between kiting/tanking/healing?

>People make bank alts or money alts

Oh yeah, I remember running Uldaman with those lvl 5 alts

>you'll never beat later raids if you are left behind

Yeah no, people leave all the time and it's not like there are cliques of 40 people who all know will stick together. Even turbo autists have a close circle of 5, maybe 10 people tops and the rest gets recruited from server population.

I get that, I just really want Classic to be good. I've enjoyed the time I spent on private servers but I want something with some permanence, you feel me?

They'll likely be launching semi-close together and Shadowbringers hype is already fucking retarded, plus it's likely going to be getting even more intense once 4.55 drops in a few weeks and we find out what the fuck is going on with ElidiZenos and the soul snatchin nigga.

What's the point of playing WoW if I can't corpsecamp lowbies or call someone a nigger in Barrens?

Attached: 1307376503839.jpg (494x400, 21K)

Alright yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. I certainly hope they find a way around it then, that would really undermine like 90% of the charm that vanilla had. Community was WoW's greatest asset, the game started to go to shit as soon as they removed the need to interact with people. It would be incredibly tone deaf if they didn't preserve that.

Yeah, just like on private servers where 99% of guilds don't even start Naxx.

People leave in shitty guilds that never have a chance of beating Naxx.

>rolling need for offspec ;)

>That said, there's only really room for 1 if you're even lucky enough to find a guild that won't immediately dismiss it as a meme.
This is probably the case. If the heard mentality prevails, people going to have a hard time doing anything outside that.

A fury-geared warrior can be contending at the top for dps, and have enough points to tank relatively comfortably.
A feral druid however, must need two tiers above current gear to even compete. And even with really good tanking gear, be a worse tank then the fury warrior. It's, if anything, there to give 3% crit to said fury warrior, but overall bring the dps down a little.
Innervate and combat-ress is nice though, but if tanking? Forget it.

The fuck is Shadowbringers, is it an OW expansion or what?

But math proves it that 99% of the time you get the item when you roll greed on it. And guild leader will do extra 25 runs just to gear up one druid.

>weebshit
>beating anything

Its that or sit in the Queue as people filter out of the starting area. Not sure which is better for the health of the game desu.

Feel free to link said pieces, and if the alts of progress characters can join, it's most likely better then a green of the monkey-gear they are wearing.

youtube.com/watch?v=NjPVSF2dpUE

You don't have to be in an elite raiding guild in order to experience raids. Early on during progression? Sure, but things even out pretty quickly and given the knowledge that people are starting with the raid scene will likely be way more approachable. Also things like AQ20 and ZG are fairly puggable.

Rogues could stealth to the target and do it though

Druids could kill elites, it was just very slow
Hunters could if they had the room to kite
Mages could as long as the mob wasn't immune to slows/freeze
Priests couldn't for the most part
Warriors couldn't for the most part
Warlocks could as long as the elite didn't do too much damage to their pet
Shaman couldn't for the most part

Rogues could guarantee any end of zone elite, stealthing past any elites between them and the target every 5 minutes.

>People leave in shitty guilds that never have a chance of beating Naxx.

I was a guildless mage who got invited into the best guild on the server after I played a few AV premades with them. I started raiding with them after a few weeks and got a whole new level of appreciation for it. I didn't get to see Naxx or AQ because the guild leader died IRL and we disbanded so I quit but I see their name pop up in these threads sometimes and apparently they managed to clear Naxx in about an hour.

True it doesn't matter much for earlier for earlier content, you can even meme spec there. I've done ZG many times in meme specs without paying much attention. It gets trickier to do latest raids though.

Oh and paladins could kill elites, it was just very slow

I want all classic WoW fags to thank RSClassic for demonstrating both how classic WoW should be viable and what strategy is should take to continue to be viable well into the future. Also fuck you nostalgiafags for killing my game RS3 (i mean jagex actually did it but whatever)

I'd take the queue any day of the week, but that's what we had back in vanilla. I guess I don't know how that will hold up against modern sentiment as that is an important factor. I can see why they haven't talked much about it yet.

speedrunning at launch to be prepared for a raid that will be launched the next 2 years
yeah no.

That's even worse. I mean, no offence to anyone but I can't imagine myself playing FF MMO.

>It gets trickier to do latest raids though.
Oh hell yeah it does. I remember doing the same. When I started running ZG with my very first guild I didn't even know that DPS charts were a thing, that shit did not last once we started to tackle later parts of MC and early BWL.

sorry not RSClassic, OSRS

>not speedrunning to abuse DM dungeon when it's released and be rich before Blizzard nerfs it

Ok

what a shame because FFXI was the best MMO of all time.

it's unironically fucking fantastic and one of the only three MMOs out there that's really growing right now

Well they said sharding and that seemed to be the end of it.
I would guess the servers could hold more now and spawns could be better but we havent heard anything about populations yet and how close they are going to manage them. That, to me is the most important part.

It's surprisingly competent. I'll likely be playing both but if Classic is a success I'll probably focus way more on that.

Let's say you and the warriors want a specific piece from a specific boss. A random MC boss generally has a 7% drop rate for a specific, non-set item. Let's assume there's triple the competition for them.

With n=38, there is a 50% chance that the warriors get their piece, and a 94% chance that you get your piece
With n=60, there is a 80% chance that the warriors get their piece, and a 99% chance that you get your piece
(you can use any binomial probability calculator to get these numbers)
The more pieces you're dealing with, the bigger the gap becomes.

Got invited to a guild as 57 ally warlock, and raided ZG same day. Limited success, but in the end we reached C'thun and killed Maexxena (spelling)

Yeah I agree. It'd feel really artificial to experience sharding in the classic world, but it would also be torture to have to wait 10 minutes for mob respawns as 400 people turn Northsire into a fucking mosh pit. I hope they find an elegant solution, so far it's been promising but we also haven't heard or seen a whole hell of a lot.

>want to play a shaman
>remember those shitty totem quests
>remember shitty itemizing

Priest it is.

I really like ffxiv, and it really gets better with each expansion.
I wont lie and say it isn't a themepark mmo, but it's a true blue final fantasy game with a long and great story... barring the lv50 wall.

>anything made by modern activision/blizzard
>having the high ground over anything

Attached: world of sjws.jpg (3910x3141, 3.35M)

The main draw for it outside of the game being actually fucking balanced is the fact that it has one of the best OSTs of anything ever.

That shit on the bottom left is from [s4s] you fucking retard are you seriously trying to parrot it as real?

classicdb.ch/?item=21693
Bear bis hat.
classicdb.ch/?item=19389
Bis excluding pvp gear.
classicdb.ch/?item=23226
Bis, str so it's garbage for others. Also here's another similar piece
classicdb.ch/?item=19405
classicdb.ch/?item=21675
Bis, parry lmao

etc

so are they going to change the whack as fuck vanilla class balance, the fact that graveyards are very sparsed out and didn't get addressed until tbc or wrath, or the fact that mana regen is so fucking slow that it artificially pads every dungeon by a considerable length?

Attached: 512.jpg (879x666, 112K)

this image is a complete shop from literal years ago, are you seriously trying to push it as fact you dumb t_d nigger

Attached: 2019-03-01 15_10_47-(0) _v_ - OH NO NO NO... https___us.forums.blizzard.com_en_w - Video Games - 4ch (437x503, 166K)

How do you explain I had a blast doing 1-60 on a private server a year ago then.
There is still a lot I don't know, I discovered and rediscovered a lot of new shit

Don't engage with this guy, the thread is finally getting some good conversation

>play shaman
>get invited to every raid and dungeon as healer
>get geared in no time
>destroy everything in bgs and world pvp as elemental

You could be a china heal bot though!

They've said they aren't touching class balance, so don't count on it.

How is Blizzard planning to address factional imbalance? If the balance is bad, no one wants to play.

Yeah.
>"I fucking love call of water"
Said nobody.

If you never climbed on top of a building in gadgetzan and mind controlled another player and run them into the guards you did not have a childhood.

>shitty totem quests

Attached: 1396482030680.png (201x266, 72K)

They havent said anything about server population controls yet. So the answer to your question is who knows.

There were some abilities like slice and dice and flurry which increases your white attack speed but this had zero effect on energy regen or global cooldown so that’s what got fixed

>play Priest
>get invited to every raid and dungeon as healer
>get geared in no time
>destroy everything in bgs and world pvp as Shadow
>no annoying quests like totem quests
>itemizing that makes sense

I literally re-rolled priest just to throw people into lava in BRM.

>Not rolling on the lower side to get instant BG queues

Attached: 1499462146821.gif (200x150, 3.48M)

>trying to defend totem quests

Kek. If you want to be contrarian and least try to find something better.

>Boat from Booty Bay to ratchet as a minority
Yikes

what a shit show then. can't wait for people to whine nonstop on the forums until blizzard caves in or tells their players to deal with it and cause a bigger shitstorm.

I jumped on the roof to shoot people as a hunter before they put in guards with guns. It's hilarious how long it took them to realize people would do that.

Oh, and since you mentioned green gear, I might as well tell you about MC bear gear as well, and not just the bis stuff.

What do bears want from MC?
Trinkets? No. Boots? No. Legs? No. Belt? No. Gloves? No. Bracers? No. Chest? No. Shoulders? Possibly (it's a sidegrade). Hat? No. Weapon? No. Idol? No.

You want a neck, you kind of want a cloak (it's a small upgrade), and a ring. That's literally everything you want. 3 items, one of which gets you 5 stam and 1 armor. For everything else, you want stuff that comes from quests, crafting or dungeons.

Gearing a bear is easy. I'm not going to bother replying anymore since it's clear you have no idea about these things.

Attached: 1533287424634.jpg (1042x1042, 138K)

Vanilla never had those problems. Or most expansions that aren't TBC.

This was stuff that was seen on the demo you walnut

ironic that private servers are the only authentic vanilla experience that there is.

>want to play Fortnite?
>who do you think I am? Mozart?
That’s what you sound like, nerd.

It's funny (or aggravating if you're the shaman) too because the water totem is probably the most important one too.
Like, you can be lazy with the other ones, but try telling your fellow casters you can't use mana totem cause you weren't feeling it and see how that plays out.

>Boat to Booty Bay
>MC people and throw them off as the boat is going past the Echo Isles

Attached: 1493939315870.jpg (783x734, 78K)

>what a shit show then
You really think so? I always thought that constant balance changes and homogenization is what made nu-wow feel so fucking hollow and unexciting. Yeah people bitched, but they also felt a sense of pride when they were able to win against uneven odds. Imbalances make things interesting and unique, an ultimately even out in the wash when you look at the game as a whole. A class that blows in pvp might have the strongest pve spec, stuff like that.

because the game was new back then, it's a very different thing 15 years later. people can easily find out which factions are most populated and good and join that instead of the other. it's already a problem on most private servers with massive faction imbalance.

Your existence is meaningless

And even then, tanking as feral druid is garbage, which was the original point.

>authentic
The only authentic experience happened when the game launched in 04. Everything else is just an imitation. That includes Classic The only difference is in how accurate to the source they happen to be.

>Shit show

Why the fuck do you want nublizzard to touch Classic's balance when they've literally never been close to balancing the game and BfA is a dogshit expansion? How shortsighted and stupid can you possibly be?

there's a big difference between having disgustingly broken specs and having unique specs. you can have something unique and balanced but vanilla is not like that.

It was never a problem on private servers either, paladin/shaman split does most of work. Paladins are better but Warlocks are more fun on Horde side and many other things like that.

Not being contrarian at all, going on a big adventure around the world and visiting places you literally never see otherwise was fun as fuck. Added a load of flavour to the class. I love class quests in general because of that.

why would I pay $15 per month to play nu-classic wow when I can play for free on a private server that has a bigger population and the OG vanilla client instead of some sharding/phasing nu-WoW client?

Nothing is stopping you from seeing those places without having to do shitty quests. In fact if you train fishing you will go to most fo those places eventually.

Also, if you're curious about bears and their viability, I suggest reading this

drive.google.com/file/d/1VxUNJhWRe7QoJb7WOOZh49oryiqtfj8B/view

Better than talking to scrubs who only pretend to raid.

But everyone has seen those places 1000 times already and having to do shitty quests every time is annoying as fuck. Nothing stopping you from going to those places with other classes either.

There are no "broken" specs in vanilla at all. Some classes outperform others in the same role, but usually the "worst" of the classes has some utility to make up for it, or like that other user said they might excel in PvP or PvE.

Because private servers are all run and populated by third worlders with no ethics, have incorrect values in almost every fundamental game system, are unstable compared to official servers and can be pulled down at a moment's notice unlike official servers.

And why are you changing the subject anyway? Answer the fucking question.

Why the fuck do you want to play nublizzard's shit in the first place with Classic WoW?

Yeah, I was just thinking about this actually. Obviously it's been a long while since vanilla, but I remember seeing better class representation in those day when compared to the expansions going forward. I mean yeah, people complained and there were certainly some issues, but it seemed fairly even. Thing really just got worse over time as blizzard continuously changed the flow and feel of the game. In vanilla people had complaints but ultimately they knew their lot and adapted to perform best they could- that consistency has been sorely lacking ever since.

OOMkin is really bad at anything but "bursting undergeared people". Elemental is sightly better, but still far for good in PvP and straight bad for PvE.

not him but you act like retail is some mystical land where there's no third worlders or low income people in the game. they can easily hop on it too, they already do on retail even with a sub fee.

classicdb.ch/?item=21268

;^)

No chinks and/or shady stuff, account and character safety etc. Private server can shut down at any time (Nostalrius, Gummy).

>r that has a bigger population
the chinese are not people and gleefully hack

nobody will miss you faggot.

Attached: 1521996711527.jpg (253x229, 48K)

I'm fully aware there's still going to be chink farmers in classic, they won't be 50% of the fucking server pop though.

balance is a good pvp spec but you don't get moonkin

>Have admitted they don't even have the original files for anything predating 2.3
>everything in classic was rebuilt on the legion back end using information they gathered from third party resources
>they themselves have even said that the way the modern formatting is setup that the way they handle data meant there was a lot of missing information and even information for fields they didn't have so they just guessed for the missing fields based on "similar things"
>the "developers" have been bitching about how much the game was hard coded for years till a fucking reverse engineer that makes private server software told them how to change the fucking default bag space

>no chinks
false, RMT chinks and bots have plagued retail since forever.
>shady stuff
people sell accounts, gold, items, and raid clears in WoW on a daily basis. shady shit goes on every day.
>account and character safety
only valid point

I can't wait to use the bugspray text on chink farmers.

Are you retarded?

Why would people PAY MONEY for this when they can play the real thing for free on Elysium?

>just ignore that people have been playing on pservers over and over again for a decade
Isn't that just mental illness?

>false, RMT chinks and bots have plagued retail since forever.

And now they don't won't because private servers have bigger population, no money lost on subsription and their cartels are sponsored by shady server owners. Name one reason for them to go to classic?

>people sell accounts, gold, items, and raid clears in WoW on a daily basis. shady shit goes on every day.

Nothing compared to server owners spawning fully tiered characters for money, sponsoring chink cartels etc.

I concede boomkin and elemental are pretty much worthless in most situations, but they're the only two that genuinely are just straight up "bad" out of 27 specs. Really not that bad at all.

private servers aren't bad, go on a high xp one and play all the diff classes and ignore the levelling grind.

read the thread
lurk more

>using information they gathered from third party resources

Completely incorrect, learn to read.

Never had any problems seeing a purple lotus or rare ores on official servers.

Fuck off Shenna get a real job you filthy bydlo.

>levelling grind
Go away zoomer.

Other specs were subpar or niche. You don't play survival hunter unless you were in Naxx, full arcane mage was useless, you just dip on some talents, destro lock wasn't the best choice, retry and prot are a joke, etc. Most classes had 0-2 viable builds for PvE and PvP.

>needing the community to tell you what was in classic

embarrassing

Prot paladin is an excellent tank until raids.

>Prot paladin is an excellent tank for the content that doesn't matter
Great spec. I'll totally main one.

Wish there was a decent Nost like server for BC that didn't have a pay2win cash shop

I mean if you wanna jump in and see the content. (say, cata or panda xpacs) On a real vanilla server you want 1x xp.