ITT: Dead franchises

ITT: Dead franchises

Attached: 1447837161990.png (1000x500, 716K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_zhvfBbvaA
youtube.com/watch?v=bKEl2fvxixA
youtube.com/watch?v=-yrE9RU6DN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hell, if anything, I'm glad they made the wii version. Super punch out could've easily been the last iteration. I'd love a sequel but if the series is dead (I really hope not) then wii punch out is an amazing game to go out on.

Only game I've ever turned in, so fucking barebones.

It was 15 years between SNES and Wii, no idea why Next Level Games wanted to make a new one, but I was happy they did it.

Was there a demand for a new Punch Out game or what?

That's a whole new level of shit taste

Attached: 314.jpg (399x600, 41K)

One of my favourite Wii games. I'd buy it again if it was ported to Switch.

Apparently the developers at Next Level Games grew up playing punch out and pitched the idea to Nintendo. Then you can consider that a boxing game for the wii could increase the appeal even though the motion controls sucked.

Never forget when Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland of all games had an entire boss that was a referecen to Punch-Out

Attached: Dr48MKmVsAAI-Hw.jpg (480x360, 26K)

what are the devs of the wii game up to anyway, the wii game was so fucking fun and they managed to make a functioning vs mode too, i will always appreciate that

>Doesn't prove me wrong

imagine the drama releasing it today

Do all franchises need to be kept alive?

I just remembered I never finished it, I got stuck and a part of me felt like there was never going to be any big payoff.

LIKE A LION KID

Attached: 05917821-7E91-434C-93D6-0C0E44CD23F7.jpg (220x219, 23K)

Fuck man, is Nintendo ever going to do something with Paper Mario again?
The last game released over a decade ago

Attached: SI_N64_PaperMario_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 286K)

A LAAAAAAOOOOON

Oh you want me to prove you wrong? No problems. Educate Yourself faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=M_zhvfBbvaA
youtube.com/watch?v=bKEl2fvxixA
The amount of detail in punchout wii is amazing and deserving of praise.

After Dark Dawn, it can stay that way.

>Animations and dialogue
>Still barebones gameplay

I played the game retard, and that doesn't make up for the lack of everything, who the fuck plays games just for the animations and dialogue? Finished it once, thought something would change but there's nothing aside from that, fucking barebones.

They made a new one in 2016.

Attached: 91bXFtCdvUL._SL1500_.jpg (1049x1500, 312K)

>barebones gameplay
Just say "this game isn't for me" instead of calling it bullshit

Battletoads. I know it’s a meme but I loved the games when I was a kid. It probably wouldn’t fly today, it was kind of edgy for its time. I’d love to see new games though.

user...

youtube.com/watch?v=-yrE9RU6DN4

Attached: 1534100425037.png (616x353, 500K)

At least Punch Out went out with a god tier game, i still would like to see a new one with as much charm and dediction as Punch out Wii tho

>Wait until enemy finishes animation
>Punch or evade
That's all, it was fine for an arcade game or a NES port, but this game came out when fully fledged titles were widely available, and at full price. And that must be the reason Nintendo refuses to release a follow up even after the exposition Little Mac got after Smash.

Better to die with dignity than to live on as a mutilated test subject.

Actually, the gameplay is so obviously good that I'm baffled someone is saying is shit. Not so sold on the motion control, but with a controller, this game feels very good. Commands are very responsive and it's always your fault if you get hit. The star punch mechanic is dope and rewards you for studying your enemy and said good animation makes studying your enemy all the more fun.

I must admit I'm flabbergasted... Maybe the game just isn't for you, but for someone to just hate it so much, I can just call it anything but shit taste.

not my paper mario

Attached: 1546882182007.png (229x252, 26K)

You know you can COUNTER, do you?

I am a very happy man. Here’s hoping they don’t fuck it up.

When the fuck did I say it was shit? It is barebones, I would be surprised if they fucked up something so simple. Tell me, what am I supposed to do after I finish it once?

Cant wait to call Gamestop for Battletoads.

RELEASE THE

Oldfag is old. Our time is now brother.

>Xbok and Switch are friends now
>MS Releases Battletoads on switch as a token of friendship

Yes please

You can complete all the challenges in exhibition for all the opponents plus their title defense versions (which unlocks their audio), or play through the game on champion mode where every hit knocks you down and there are less tells.

I heard it was a bad sequel, but what actually is bad about it compared to its predecessors (I've never played Paper Mario)

This, along with both Team Fortress and Left 4 Dead.

Attached: deadfranchise.png (300x168, 3K)

>what is Title Defense
>what is Mac's Last Stand
>what is the DK fight
>what are the challenges for every fighter in Contender and TD, including challenges for DK

You are literally correct, the other user has zero reading comprehension. It was way too expensive for what it was. Should've been an eShop title.

>what am I supposed to do after I finish it once?
The same thing you do with small titles like Kirby super star, Contra, castlevania and shit. You replay them later to have a better undersanding of the game. Find better strategies, look for secrets and bask in some nostalgia.

>When the fuck did I say it was shit?
Barebone isn't a very appealing word to call a game. I'd call punch out short if that's what you meant. And if it was what you meant, I may have taken some unwarranted frustration out on you user, because I do wish the game was longer. Shit is finished in a day, even on first playthrough. Hell I could start playing now and finish it before dinner.

>no original story and characters
>shit combat where mario can only attack the closest enemy and has to use a card/sticker for everything he does
>bosses are all koopalings that require a special card and cannot be beaten without it
Everything that made the first 2-3 games as beloved as they are is gone in Sticker Star and Color Splash

>Play it again

Yeah, no, there's hundreds of games I could play instead of playing the same thing again.

Still more alive than F-Zero

Kirby superstar is huge my man, Contra and Castlevania are NES titles,and even then, they are deeper than it. And yes, I bought the game on release, expecting long lasting fun, launched it and went through the campaign or whatever it is called, and that was all, I played a few 2p matches but it wasn't that fun, neither for me or my partner, I kept it for over a week, puzzled trying to understand why did I buy it at full price when I could just play Wii Sports and have more fun from a free game, I really wanted to like it, it was my money that I had just spent.

Exactly or at least not full price.

To be fair, what else could they possibly add?

You are most likely a white guy.

Stretching arms, different glove powers, positioning and online play.

Attached: slycarmjump.jpg (1000x980, 180K)

Needs to be N.Sane Trilogy'd/Reignited'd

HD remaster never, right?

>Fire Emblem constantly fails
>nintendo: awww thats ok try again sweetie
>any other nintendo franchise: doesnt sell 20 million copies constantly
>Nintendo: well you're never getting another game again

>Kirby superstar is huge my man
And just like punch out, it can be finished in about two hours and completed in a few more. It's all about willingness to plunge into the game. If you love it it's a fantastic journey, if not, well you get what you feel toward punch out wii and that's fine.

ugly artstyle and shit overpriced short game

Does SMT count?

Strafox

Attached: falkatt_poka_poka_by_xxgaby_23xx-d7qaotv.gif (1024x571, 564K)

Are we talking about the same Kirby right? It has different campaigns that mix up the gameplay enough and feature different settings and bosses that they could be different games, it is also a SNES game.

>That super obvious bait
Sorry I'm already full.

Attached: 1551455641603.jpg (640x950, 123K)

Yes. The very same. Go replay it. It's probably shorter than you remember it to be. but still has good

anything Valve related at this point, even Dota2 and CS are being ignored

last game they did afaik was Federation Force, which was actually good if you had a pal to play with.

Nintendo really fucked them over by putting that out before Samus Returns

This is their next project

It's crazy how much faster they can put out games than Retro Studios

Attached: LuigisMansion3.png (920x483, 572K)

I don't understand why are you still comparing it to a SNES game, but even then, it feels like a complete game, short or not.

is that exposed female nipples in my christian image board?
MODS!

Attached: 1413353747376.png (172x159, 49K)

Is it confirmed that it's by NLG?

Attached: F-Zero_icon.png (250x250, 7K)

Punch Out seems ideal for the Switch, but they'd probably not put a new game out nowadays since every fighter is an innocent cultural caricature that would get Nintendo firebombed by ANTIFA.

It still hurts. We will never get an accessible space trader / shooter with a good story ever again.

Attached: rest in peace.jpg (850x571, 159K)

just Sony portables, in general

Attached: 71kOcbOeLNL._SX679_.jpg (679x329, 36K)

>played punch out Wii on a crt back in the day
>huge 40 inch monster that I got to have due to being one of the resident assistants in my college

>go to play it now
>input lag of modern tvs is so bad and it looks so blurry its nigh unplayable
>modern display devices is what killed punch out

Attached: 1539923904687.jpg (418x420, 80K)

>that year they put out like 4 Overlord games in one go
>then the franchise immediately died

Fuck Yahtzee to be honest. Him being the go-to e-celeb for early-mid 7th gen retards to get their opinions made everyone hate the game over "muh controlling the Minions is hard"

Games need more genre parodies like Overlord, The Bard's Tale, and Timesplitters.

You know that Fire Emblem literally was going to get canned had Awakening not done well, right?

You just took me way back

I'm comparing to a game of similar lenght and quality, and I'm kinda glad I was able to pinpoint a game you and I seem to like. What you feel about Kirby Super star is probably similar to what I feel about punch out wii. I think that, while the experience is short, it is of very good quality. I could replay both game pretty much anytime I want knowing that not only I,ll have a blast, but it will cost me a day or two at most to do that. It's also an easy experience to share with friends since it's so short.

If I was to say kirby is barebone and worthy of a return because it's too short of a game, I'd expect backlash because it's not a barebone game. There plenty of content if you're willing to complete the game to 100%.

Most if not all side characters became toads or koopas with their normal designs. Older paper mario had many different races, and if they used normal characters there were some changes to their overall look to some of them. The combat also became item based as opposed to having actions you can use, which sort of made fighting kind of pointless (theres still a kinda level up system in place). The first two games had a solid cast of party members as well, while the newer one only had a "Navi" sort of character follow you around. The games also had very good non koopa kingdom villains that brought more variety to it. tldr the game turned into a bland paper gimmick simulator instead of trying to be a good rpg.

At least we went out on a good note

Attached: Kid_Icarus-Uprising_logo.jpg (250x250, 110K)

After like 12 games

It's getting revived soon

Never ever

-DUDE!

OMG you're right... I have a CRT tv at home and never thought about how modern casual players must have connected the wii to their hd tv.

Shit combat I'll give you and misguided design choices sure those are undeniable. But the game is pouring with so much wit and humor and yes Soul. You think they aren't aware of the overabundance of Toads? Many a great moment is owed precisely to that. They're fully aware and they run with it. It's also the hardest and most frequently I've ever laughed with a game. It's the rare, maybe never to be repeated case, where I put up with lackluster gameplay in a Mario game because the writing was so damn good, instead of the opposite. Toss all the shit of a million toilets into the game if you're gonna comment on its gameplay, but I'll forever dismiss folks who accuse this hysterical romp as "bland" as fellas who never gave it a chance, thinking it Sticker Star HD.
The exact same script with a more agreeable gameplay and it'd be a fucking homerun.

Bait

Easy to dismiss the post like you did the game I see.