Metro exodus

What other game lets me walk off stairs by going too fast?

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ynjy6qbABco
epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/metro-exodus/home
youtube.com/watch?v=16r_Sb4Mdwc
youtube.com/watch?v=an0rZ-knfpI
youtube.com/watch?v=-7H0QfU5J04
youtube.com/watch?v=zNR10xc_gfY
youtube.com/watch?v=TKOKRmwxb-w
youtube.com/watch?v=nKaedJyARWg
youtube.com/watch?v=BXgWvFd16iI
youtube.com/watch?v=_aEeQOLzJRg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=k70iKGjr-Zs
youtube.com/watch?v=e4HlkONNiY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stalker

Why can't slavs into movement physics?

Why bother

Quality assurance? Also the ragdolling in exodus is horrendous.

DON'T play it with English voices, its horribly forced Americanisms with bad accents/inflections all the way.
The Russian voices with English subtitles is the way to go.

>Slavaboo
yikes

Plenty of games which have fall damage and calculate the damage based in "time with no floor contact" instead of actual momentum which is silly when you sprint off a slpe and then suddenly die from a 2 cm "flight".

this game movement is fucking horrible, Artyom is slow as fuck and get stuck everywhere. And the first level is cancer "let's make this level with lots of water where the character can't swim and the only way of trasversing it is by using slow as fuck boats who get attacked by shrimps or by doing clunky parkour"

It's not about fall damage it's the fact you walk off vertical stairs by going too fast.

Anyone else get super pumped to save Anna from the cannibals?
Can't let anything bad happen to my Russian waifu.

Attached: Metro-Exodus-Anna.jpg (1920x1079, 1003K)

Nah that whole level was way too predictable, it was more of a comedy relief.

What if I like horribly forced Americanisms with bad accents/inflections?

no
shes annoying as heck

Anna is the only good thing to come out of this game so far. My god what the actual fuck happened during development? Enemy designs are absolutrly fucked, what the fuck are those watchmen? Or the Shrimps? Jesus fucking christ it doesn't even look like they've ever been in Metro.

This again?
Shut the fuck up, you'd fling right off the edge of a slop if you went full sprint off of it.

Not at all because I knew plot armor would protect her, I was worried about Duke back in the Volga because he's clearly a secondary character at best

We're talking about staircases my dude.

game made by slavs lol

>can't scavange for ammo and medkits properly because crafting
This is is retarded.

That's fair.
Still, I don't like the thought of bad things happening to her.

Attached: 2019.02.28-04.48.jpg (2688x1512, 673K)

Eh I don't think so, its just superior with Russian language. It fits the game.

Go for it mate.

then you're low iq and you watch anime with the eng dub

Every game with good movement physics

>be lo wang
>have short-range dash/dodge move
>moves you with insane burst of speed
>be in game where fall-damage is determined via speed/velocity, not height
>dash going down stairs
>smash into ground with the force of asteroid the size of delaware

If you've played the game, you know the exact secret corridor that you died dashing down

Attached: 816x8DK102L._SY445_-1.jpg (316x445, 25K)

English dub for the first playthrough (mainly for the story).
Russian original for all subsequent playthroughs.

That's how I've played every Metro game.

>and you watch anime with the eng dub
I unironically speak japanese and consume my weeb shit raw, I just don't speak russian so watching something in russian feels like hearing a constant annoying buzz

Attached: 1551187951408.gif (220x386, 938K)

am I the only one who legit thinks shadow of chernobyl is superior to this game despite being dated as fuck?

why the fuck did they even create those 2 open world maps if they were only going to be filled with a few bandits? they even removed the economy system from the first 2 metro games.

besides unique upgrades, which are shit most of the time, there's no reason to even explore.

Should I get this or play Stalker?

i feel making ammo/supplies more readily scavengable rather than crafting
would go far in solving the boredom of exploring.

Half of the fun of the first two was feeling like I needed to explore everything to make it through the next combat section
comfortably

Play Stalker, this game is mediocre at best and fucking horrible at worst. Very clear a lot of the talent left because the iconic enemy designs are fucking horrible and ragdolling is also horrible.

I'll just do that.

I agree. Exodus overall is pretty weak. Along with the reasons you listed, the more linear levels were way worse than the previous games. I also dislike how sluggish Artyom is and the forced animations like crawling/sidling that take forever to perform. For some reason previous threads were praising the story and the ending, which I found very heavy handed and bland. The only parts I liked were the train sections because I am a sucker for upgraded mobile bases.

there's only one game that lets me powderise my shins on stairs

Attached: 1427275121670.jpg (788x1024, 167K)

Crafting should be used for conventional shit like explosives or special ammo not a nesessity. Ammo. Medkits should be more prevalent and filters too. Finding like three bullets is retarded. Also where is the military grade ammo? That feature was fantastic if you had nothing else or if there was a tough mutant you can use money for ammo.

Is it true the developers had massive cryfest on Twitter because people were calling out the obvious downgrade and regressions from the previous two games?

how are the mutants designs so shit?
stalker has bloodsuckers, controllers, chimeras, snorks, pseudogiants, poltergeists

metro just has generic shit and librarians that aren't even in 98% of the game

>Every single time Anna was in trouble
I was ready to murder the world.

Attached: jin roh.gif (500x270, 936K)

Metro mutants look nothing like the previous two games. Great example is the Watchmen, how the fuck did that abomination of a design even get greenlighted is a mystery. And the male shrimp and demon too. Fucking horrible.

Librarians aren't in 100% of the game.

Quit ninja running on the stairs you idiot

Attached: ss_garen_10-05-09_01-11-57_jupiter.jpg (1440x900, 133K)

the russian dub is shit

shouldn't even have bothered putting demons in the game. they do literally nothing but annoy you like 4 times over the whole game

Is this game scary?

They act like small little mini bosses some times. Getting the teddy bear, or getting the HMG for the first time there's a Demon stalking around that camp. Though you can just take them out with a molotov pretty quickly.

They could have put a new apex predator to replace demons because it doesn't make sense for them to be outside of Moscow but no thry recycle that fucking horrendous Batman Gargoyle looking thing. My god who looked at these atrocious designs and thought they were a good idea?

I just two shot them with the pistol shotgun on ranger mode

bitches have always been piss easy as long as you have one(1) sticky pipe bomb

There are sticky pipe bombs in this game?

Hate the game or not you have to admit it is pretty good looking
Hope it set up a sample for the next gen games

there aren't? I've not played exodus yet because I'm not paying for that shit but 2033 and last light and the r*duxes all had them

>That's the way to do it, bro! Just like the three Musketeers, eh?

Attached: CoV0rh7WgAUXa4e.jpg (657x933, 99K)

they should make a mechanic in game where through the playthrough you have options to save 3-5 close to you people
but you have only one chance
if you dont manage to save him/her, whole save file gets overwritten and when you load earliest checkpoint you cant do anything, person dies by default. No savescumming. At the end of the game you could have good ending with all friends saved or bad ending with you being forever alone.

Best waifu?

Attached: bestwaifu.jpg (1535x863, 411K)

Gamma is completely fucked up.
Not that I'm aware of. Though the game doesn't teach you that Tab + R changes ammo, so maybe I missed it there. There are grenades, molotovs, cans, and knives. That's it.

Literally the only reason I kept playing the game.
>Every radio broadcast after you an Alyosha getting lost in the forest is her pleasing you to answer and let her know you're okay

Attached: aqua cry 2.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Olga is better

Russian waifu with anime personality. Best thing about Exodus.

russian voices are shit and over the top too

She made the game much more enjoyable for me. While I did miss the borderline femdom ways she treated Artyom in LL, I'll still take the loving, love dovey way she treated him in Exodus.

Doesn't matter if it fits the game when the voice acting is still shit.

>Loyal wife that loves you and you love her is anime personality now

Attached: Tired Jun.png (253x196, 74K)

>femdom
wtf I love metro now. where do I start?

>Stalker
Lol i feel you

>Why bother
only true question, better this than a trash game overall

>english with accent is too goofy
>russian is too foreign
>play with spanish voices
>every character is voiced by the same spaniard man

last light was fun

If you want to jump right into the Anna femdom saga, play Last Light.
But if you actually care about the story and atmosphere, start with 2033.
Also, for anyone else getting into the series:
Play classic Metro 2033. (the light and textures are much better than in the Redux collection).
Then play Redux Last Light. (it packages in all the DLC without sacrificing visual fidelity).

Absolutely. I was impressed on how expressive a lot of the mocap animations were with the group in some situations, and it really lets you see how much her and Artyom love each other. Holding hands, rushing to hug each other after an event, etc.
>when she gets KO'd by the cannibal doctor
>Thinking since Artyom's a silent protag, he'd just look around and not say anthing
>Actually lunges forward to protect her while grunting in anger.
>mfw

Attached: 1509418477856.gif (245x225, 77K)

>stop on stairs to spam-charge flashlight
>slowly start sliding down the stairs

nice.

Imagine the salt online

same engine, user

Not really since she has plot armor anyway.

>She has plot armour!
>I learned after the game was done and I saved her

It has some horror elements, survival mechanics like limited supplies, and a generally creepy atmosphere, sort of like the STALKER games (although definitely not as much), but it's not a horror game per se. It also has elements of a tactical shooter and stealth game. I suppose how scary it is would depend on how scary you find other games. The first two are also generally "scarier" imo since the more open world-ish nature of it makes jump scares less common and the pacing more relaxed.

>3DPD
I hoped till the very end, no matter how obvious it was that it wouldn't happen, that the Doctor would kill her before I got there.

>3DPD
Were you dropped on your head as a child or was that a recent thing?

Game was too short. Caspian Sea should have been entirely in bunker and maybe some sort of super fortress made of a beached aircraft carrier or something. I hated driving. Forest should have been deleted for more Moscow Metro. And 2 more areas should have been tossed in (or Novo greatly expanded + 1 more new locale). Also fuck the boat sections, that should have been automated or deleted. Reminded me of the batmobile.

Forest was actually cut in half for reasons we don't know.

>game drops in quality with each new chapter
>the ending is perfect
That part where Artyom is driving the car out of the city struggling to stay awake while Miller is sleeping in the passenger seat was great.

The Batmobile was fun as fuck. These clunky ass, slow boats are not. And fuck the shrimp mutants in general, they just sit in the water and snipe at you all day when you get within 10 feet of the water. They have better accuracy than human enemies with guns.

> too dumb or new to predict obvious plot conlcusions in action games

Attached: 1473187198415.png (372x351, 117K)

>what the fuck are those watchmen? Or the Shrimps? Jesus fucking christ it doesn't even look like they've ever been in Metro.
Have you played previous games?

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.23 - 23.30.04.44.jpg (2560x1440, 492K)

fuck this game

youtube.com/watch?v=Ynjy6qbABco

Honestly, they should have just merged portions of it into other levels, it sucked. Bear and Admiral were the only entertaining part of it.

Yeah, batmobile is a fun idea on paper. Just overabundance ruined it, just like the boats. If it was just one or two sequences (let the catfish destroy the last boat) I might have forgiven it.

Literally just finished listening to this. Guess I gotta do it again now.

>metro
it's trash and anyone who likes this game should end it

I enjoyed playing with the Batmobile every second of that game. Blowing up tanks with it and solving puzzles with it was great. The shitty rowboats here aren't even comparable since they are slow and have no combat utility. Maybe if the number of shrimp enemies were at least cut in half it might be somewhat tolerable, but as it is, it feels like a slog every time you are forced to use one.

dibs on Anna

Why is that?

>never liked short hair on girls before, thought it was ugly
>suddenly Anna
>been fapping to short haired girls all week

What the fuck is happening to me bros?

How the fuck are you guys enjoying the most forced waifu I have ever experienced in any media ever?

They literally shove her down your throat like no tomorrow. It's embarrassing -- and the fact that so many of you autistic fucks eat it up makes my soul shrivel up and die.

このVRゲーは何処で買えるんすか?

Attached: 1551267857636.jpg (626x513, 97K)

>mfw

Attached: 1444.jpg (2560x1440, 974K)

You developed good taste.

> june 24th.. That asshole on a car fucking my new sniperfu all day. I'm so angry I pissed myself

Attached: 1547827402641.jpg (319x319, 79K)

They could have made her the most annoying female NPC ever but instead she really.connects with the MC. Probably the best written relationship in games in a long time

when you first enter Volga, you can see two bunnies travelling down a raft and a shrimp eventually eats them
is that a folk tale / cartoon reference?

>That one ultra edgelord that tried to say the good ending is bad
What.
>forced
Someone caring about someone else is forced, I think you should re-evaluate your life.

is this from the crane sniper's pov?

Attached: 15514575297320.png (1162x922, 1.35M)

Why is Damir stayed in desert? I wasn killing only thugs. Is that because I killed those "savages" during last stealth segment in sewers? I thought they we're asking me to spare slaves, I didn't kill those wtf

Was anyone else disappointed with how the beginning of the game plays out? From the trailers and stuff, I guess I got the impression that everyone in the metro would be evacuating the city on the train with you and that it would be like a huge moving city full of people. And then instead it's just a train engine with like 12 people fleeing under really dumb, nonsensical circumstances. It could have been epic, but it makes the premise fall really flat imo.

also, saving/getting the good/bad ending wouldnt matter to things like achievements/trophies, it would be purely for entertainment for the player
But you would have just one chance.

Anna referred to Artyom as "rabbit" in LL.
I think it was foreshadowing with the rabbits being killed.

RIP Duke. RNG gods wanted you dead, there was nothing I could do.

You may not have given a canteen to Nastya. I didn't even know the Canteen existed.

You need to free slaves on two ships and don't kill slaves and savages.

yes. You can't kill anyone, even mutants, starting from Volga to get "fuck Anna" option though

epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/metro-exodus/home

Here you go

>is that a folk tale reference?
Yes.
t. Russian

Attached: 1550749553811.jpg (657x807, 163K)

Congratulations on knowing how to use "t." also.

She looks like my university crush Natasha. Sucks I haven't had enough courage to talk to her
t. russian

just finished the desert, sniper reinforcements kept lasering me from half a klick away, and the baron fight is just bad. Is the rest of the game this shitty?

Fuck, I'm currently at the intermission level after the desert, but I freed slaves from at least one shipwreck and got Gulya's mother's notebook in the satellite surveillance bunker. Am I fucked already if I want to get the good ending? I haven't killed anyone in the entire game except enemies in setpieces where you're forced to fight and dogs and armored dudes with Gatling guns (can't knock them out unconscious from stealth).

get the picture for Giul
give the canteen Giul gives you to Nastya
don't free the slaves in the slave galley before you steal the water truck, according to one user the slaves don't spawn if you do
knock out the slaver beating a slave in the Baron's fortress
knock out the other slavers beating a woman in the Baron's fortress. this makes the slavers turn hostile and gives you a slightly different chapter end
all i can think of

>knock out the other slavers beating a woman in the Baron's fortress.
100% bullshit. If you do that they're all aggro and starting to shoot you

Dude
Talk to her.
If you fuck up, oh well. Learn from it for next time.
If it goes well, you just bagged your crush.

It's literally a win/win situation. Either you gain experience or you get your girl.

Did Duke survive in Volga? Don't kill the pioneers and you'll get the good ending the morality system in this game is nonsense.

I know, wish I was wise like that 14 years ago..

Lmao

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

Its barely a morality system, it all boils down to "dont kill people without a decent reason" which is fucking easy if you pay attention

Not really, because there are people reporting that they've killed people they shouldn't have and gotten the good ending. Random shit happens. Damir left me to stay with the asian girl despite me freeing the slaves/not harming them, getting her the photo.

u probably killed those retarded ugly ass savages. They're considered as locals too

>Those retarded ugly ass savages
They ambush you multiple times with the only way to deal with them is to fight, you can't kill them!?!

No one from the crew died so far. I also got the little girl's teddy bear, but from my experience with 2033 and Last Light, even if you don't kill anyone except mutants and enemies in forced encounters, but don't do literally inconsequential shit, you'll still get the bad ending. I also ran away from mutants and forced encounters in both Volga's and the desert's open world (like when some dudes rolled up to the crane after you knock out the sniper on top of it) because I wasn't sure it wouldn't lead me to the bad ending. About the only times I killed mutants was in Volga's train depot where you get the passenger train car.

>she really connects with the MC
I think I'm being trolled. On the off chance that you're being serious, then you're retarded and should go drink some bleach ASAP. There is no point at which she "connects" with Artyom because Artyom doesn't have a chcracer. Every interaction you have is a thinly veiled attempt to verbally fellate the player so that you'll like her, thus you'll be moved by pathos when the insulting obvious climax finally rolls around. It's all so hamfisted that it makes me want to claw my eyes out.
If her caring wasn't written in a manner obviously designed to seduce retards like you into brainlessly defending it, then I might appreciate it. Sadly, they chose to tap into the waifu market instead of writing an actual character.

They didn't even have the decency to include some metacommentary on the obvious waifubait.

Attached: 687.jpg (724x1024, 288K)

>bandit writhing in pain inside the caves, lungs and skin burned
>mercy kill him
>negative karma noise
>bandit tied up to a post
>free him
>positive karma noise
>he tells me he's going to go get the rest of the bandit camp and come back
>kill him
>negative karma noise
I don't think morality has anything to do with it

Unlike 2033 and LL, it's a bit easier in this game to do the inconsequential shit because it gets marked on the map after you talk to people. I don't know if this is a positive or a negative for how they designed it.
So how the fuck would you write a caring loving wife then, retard? I'd like to hear your masterful ideas instead of you being a faggot that can only ever spill spaghetti while mumbling out
>I-IT'S BAD BECAUSE IT'S BAD

Zombies? Naah, I'm talking about these guys, so called "Tribals". They treat actual slaves like a trash, seems like they were slaves too, but somehow managed to rank up and earned thugs respect

Attached: tdd.png (687x428, 554K)

Forgot to add
>come across bandit you freed after he brings back the other bandits
>he says hi
>kill him
>no karma noise at all
>find "Baron" on cliff edge
>unarmed man, no way of telling if what he's saying is true
>kill him just to be safe
>no karma noise
Russian morals are a strange thing.

Yes, those guys. If you go search a warehouse on the east side of the map, they ambush you. As you're going to the north western portion of the map, they cut off your vehicle with a truck and ambush you during a dust storm.

this kills Annafags

Attached: Desktop_2019_02_28_13_40_41_878.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

That bandit was chill. If you let him go you find him drunk as shit near the boat. He doesnt even care that you killed the whole town of bandits. He was too drunk to join the raid.

Best part of LL. Also any pics from the supposed fucking Anna scene?

He says he brought back the other bandits, though, so the massacre is essentially all his doing. Also if he was "chill" you'd expect negative karma for killing an unarmed man sitting having a drink.

If it's hostile, you kill it.

>want to rewatch the ending
>everyone plays with english voices
How can you listen to this for the entire game and not want to die?

>marries a stripper/prostitute

Is Artyom a cuck?

Huh, in that case I guess you can actually kill those, otherwise it would've been retarded

I still don't know what the point of "Baron" was. When I got to him and tried to knock him out, I couldn't do it because there was no button prompt, and when I got right in front of him, there was literally no reaction from him no matter what I did. He only reacted with begging to let him be when I punched him, after which I just got out of there.

I didn't see an option to change from Eng to Rus voices with subtitles in options, that's how.
In your newfag mind, probably. By the dictionary definition, no.

There's too much constant, overlapping chatter to be able to pay attention to subtitles the whole time. Especially during the action.

Her being a caring wife isn't the problem -- the problem is that there's nothing for her to be caring about. Artyom is not a character in this game. He's an empty shell, which makes most of her actions totally baffling. We can interpolate all of the things that make her so lovey-dovey that happen off screen, but as it's presented in game her entire existence is to suck off Artyom's (read: You, because Artyom does not meaningfully exist) dick and give the player a completely transparent waifu to slobber over.

She has precisely one moment of actual characterbuilding. What about her is actually compelling in any way? She has precisely one moment of actual development, and that's when she tells that hilariously Russian story about her mom dying.Other than that? She spends the entire game being a well rendered virtual cheerleader and plot device.

Attached: AfEUbUl.gif (270x262, 1.89M)

People were saying there's some Saul quest line if you don't kill him on the roof when you first arrive in the Caspian Sea. That "Baron" mentions Saul and says it was all his plan. I never did figure it out.

>There's nothing for her to be caring about
>Artyom is not a character in the game
So you skipped the loading screens with your eyes and ears closed and didn't play the previous two games. Alright then.

>Russian morals are a strange thing.
devs are Ukrainian you dumb fuck. literally former stalker devs.

Okay excuse me, SLAV morals.

You have to spare Saul and then proceed to sleep in some safe place in the middle I heard. Only then the Saul quest starts.

I really REALLY wish I could play the game with Russian voices, but every single time I look down to look at the English subs, I feel like I'm missing expressions and general emotion from the character's faces. It's hell.

It is buried in the options a bit, but I knew it had to be somewhere, so I searched until I found it.
The only time it gets confusing is when there's 3 people talking at once and there's not enough space for the subs to display. Never really bothered me much though. It's still a good trade for shit tier english.

I've seen this exact scene when I was in the desert and listened to his offer, but as Artyom is a silent (in-gameplay) protagonist, there was no option to agree or decline his offer, and when I tried to get going, thinking it all would happen automatically when I inevitably kill Baron, he impatiently asked "where was I going" as if I tried to get away from him mid-sentence, but did nothing else. After that, I've never seen or head from him or his men again. Is this supposed to be his quest line or my game just glitched?

That's not how you use t.

This is probably the absolute dumbest decision to keep Artyom a mute. How the fuck can you make it semi-opem world with quests yet no way to respond to a situation besides knock out or kill? Didn't Last Light have a DLC with playing as Duke who responds to Khan? Why didn't they do that for this game?

as i said, they turn hostile but you can still finish the chapter, Giul would initiate a firefight in the next two minutes anyway
it gives you a GBP, which i guess is necessary to keep Damir

It nearly ruined Last Light for me, I did not kill anyone at all until the part with the alien thing where he highlight the enemies and it goes into slow mo.

what's the name of the tale in English?
reminded me of Sutyeyev's tales, one of the very few nice things you Russkies brought us

Attached: 13503354[1].jpg (250x351, 50K)

Shit, don't even remind me. Loved the game but Christ I felt so retarded whenever I did die a few times thanks to dashing off of a slightly elevated place and then to my surprise ended plunging to my death.

i killed the truck ambushers but tried to knock out the Mongol slavers everywhere else, still got do good ending for the chapter

Anna is definitely a step up from last light but she is still annoying as fuck

Oh yeah, his tepid recounting of what the player has done during loading screens really fills in a huge amount of his character and really makes him pop. Book Artyom was basically a pussy, but even he has substantially more character than the Russian Call of Duty drone that we're presented in the games. You're mistaking showing with telling. The games try to tell us that Artyom has a character -- but we're never given an ounce of actual material.

The entirety of Anna's character in LL involves her being a huge cunt to you because Hunter liked Artyom more than her, which we're told and not shown. Then Artyom does action hero movie shit and she rewards the player with some virtual titties because you've proven worthy of her -- all despite Artyom not having a single moment of characterization or romance with her. Without having a single conversation.

Artyom does not interact with the world around in except when he's a blank stand-in for the player. People talk at you, the player, not at Artyom, the character. We can contrast this behavior with Doomguy, whose non-player controlled actions (pushing through exposition logs in the opening, smashing objects in direct contradiction to the voice-over-the-radio's orders) do characterize him, if minimally.

Artyom doesn't have moments like this. The closest is when you jump on the dudes that execute the outlanders at the start of the game. Everything else is a blank slate shuffling from point to point, never uttering any sort of personal opinion, until you get to a loading screen where he will confirm that he did, in fact, shuffle from place to place.

Who is Artyom? Seriously, describe him to me.

t.mobile?

>don't free the slaves in the slave galley before you steal the water truck, according to one user the slaves don't spawn if you do
I freed them before it and didn't have a problem, though I was on the mission to steal the water truck. I just hadn't started/completed it.

You don't absolutely have to. I didn't and still got Dimir to stay, though I did do all the other stuff.

Grandpa Mazai and the hares by Nik Nekrasov

thanks!

now that you mention it, i think Anna suggests you visit the galley after the slaver attack on the train, that's the trigger probably
i've found one caged Mongol i couldn't free, bugged the hell out of me

I'm pretty sure the raid on the train happens after you bring back the water. She first mentions the ship when you meet her at pic related and she points out a few points of interest.

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.27 - 10.18.55.34.jpg (1920x1080, 1.58M)

I hope the next installment will feature an open world too: The Metro itself.

Attached: Pobedy.png (277x237, 18K)

I like the STALKER vibes that the open environments give, with the exploration, day/night cycle and whatnot

Attached: waifu.jpg (1812x1190, 143K)

metro exodus = Fucking shit game. Bad bad bad.

Fuck you 4A Engine!!

Pretty much what they gunned for, the Stalker audience, without sacrificing too much of the Metro aspect. That is, until they decided to give us the Caspian.

Calm down steamdrone.

Can you still get the good ending if Damir didn't stay in the desert?

You only need 2/3; just don't fuck up again.

it has some cool easter eggs, like 9/11 and references to past games
youtube.com/watch?v=16r_Sb4Mdwc

The sound quality of some sound is also horrible

2/3 of the optional "good guy" stuff you do in each of the open world areas? So the teddy bear in Volga, making Damir stay in the desert and then something else in the forest (only started it now)?

Nothing new considering, the books are strewn literally all over the place in the previous two games.

You need your crew not to leave, if 0 or 1 leave you get good ending, if 2 or 3 leave you get bad ending.

Don't kill people in the forest. Do that, and you should be fine.

ARTYOM YOU NEED TO IMPREGNATE MY DAUGHTER
SHE KEEPS GOING ON DANGEROUS MISSIONS ARTYOM AND I DON'T KNOW IF SHE'LL COME BACK THE NEXT TIME
DO IT ARTYOM, WITH ALL THE TIME YOU SPEND IN RADIATED ZONES I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG UNTIL YOU'RE LEFT STERILE
DO IT FOR HER
DO IT FOR MOTHER RUSSIA
DO IT FOR ME

Attached: MillerMetroExodus.png (296x480, 250K)

Yeah, that THWACK royalty free sound is complete cringe. The quality of Metro Exodus compared to the other two is so painfully visible.

>walk down steps too quick and die
>45 second loading screen

Nice game

Ah, so making Damir leave is counterproductive to getting the good ending. That makes sense. Thanks.

Best order ever

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.26 - 11.19.39.28.jpg (1920x1080, 1.32M)

>the way anna holds your hand and leads you forward

Attached: 1544973740076.jpg (882x960, 150K)

>Metro is acclaimed for being a highly immersive game
>but it wasn't because of the shooting and attention to sound
>but because its essentially a girlfriend and friend simulator

damir thing is fucked up though.how does it even work that moral thing seriously?
>didn't kill any slaves hell knocked out many thugs
>do every good thing; picture, canteen etc.
still can't managed to stay Damir with me.Then quickload before baron's fortress, saved beaten woman and a slave, damir stayed with me.literally wtf?

bandits are fair game, you can go gung ho on them but don't kill any slaves
and by killing baron you let his GF start freeing the slaves

i read all of it in his voice,thx user

Free slaves on 2 ships in desert, get picture for Gul, don't kill slaves on 2 main missions.

>but because its essentially a girlfriend and friend simulator

the game hit where its hurt when you dont have neither .....

Attached: 1411669887446.gif (600x450, 306K)

i did all of that.i think everything is depend on whether you actually care about those 2 beaten slaves when you go up to see baron.

i think it works like a threshold of GBP that you need to complete per chapter, say you need 4 good karma points to get a good resolution, if you fuck up and miss one of them you get the bad resolution for that chapter
In the caspian
>didnt kill a single slave
>freed the slaves from the boat
>got the picture and gave the canteen to nastya
>knocked out the thug beating the slave
>and stealthed the slave sewer
but i didn't help the woman that gas getting beat up, so i probably filled my quota of GBP
The forest was a joke i didn't kill anyone save for some bandits

Americans are physically unable to read subtitles? Holy shit.

Attached: 645723465764.jpg (615x410, 29K)

I hope you never experience an economy during a major war and occupation. It happens to most of the single women.

yet here you are typing in English

Attached: 1449103347147.jpg (640x480, 51K)

i didnt intervene about theses 2 slaves and damir followed me at the end , i heard its all about the slaves being rescued from the two prison boats

>.i think everything is depend on whether you actually care about those 2 beaten slaves when you go up to see baron.
nah, Damir stayed with me even without them

did you guys kill the real baron? they should have fleshed it out more letting you even kill Saul and foil his plans of making Giul fail

Attached: 1485670058857.jpg (600x450, 232K)

>Can replay chapters
>But your progress gets reset too
What the hell were they thinking? Patch when?

can't even see any difference between pioneers (good guys) and pirates (bad guys) in the forest.fuck that level particularly.

What?

why does Sam have such a cool voice?

Hold E to go through stairs.

Pioneers and pirates are part of the children of the forest factions so you cant kill them
Bandits are the big bad meanies and you can genocide them all you want

That was the most shallow blink-and-you-miss it shit in the entire game. So stupid.

c?

>pirates (bad guys)

Attached: 1545578995656.jpg (377x410, 24K)

Steve Blum

>strawman

what were you thinking replaying a chapter before completing the game.

The Aurora sequences are so fucking comfy. I just want to hand in the train with the cutest girlfriend the world has ever seen and bunch of war hardened bros.

Attached: Anna.jpg (429x636, 30K)

> I just don't speak russian so watching something in russian feels like hearing a constant annoying buzz
Congratulations, that's how weebrunes sound to everyone else. there, I said it so nobody else has to, especially ones that actually think that way.

Guys i read that if you sleep in the caspian saul will visit you and give you a side mission, the only time something like that happened to me was 2 guys woke me up and i shot them, i never once saw saul for the rest of the chapter, what the fuck happened i guess i fucking shot him

To save best boy.

Attached: Duke.png (970x898, 1.58M)

i'm replaying 2033 and last light
youtube.com/watch?v=an0rZ-knfpI
youtube.com/watch?v=-7H0QfU5J04

>hearing sam's broken russian if you play with russian language
just like in my animes when a filthy gaijin speaks japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=zNR10xc_gfY

It's very easy to kill him and no notice

Daily reminder.

Attached: 287390_screenshots_20171028120749_1.jpg (1360x768, 190K)

Fine wine

bros
youtube.com/watch?v=TKOKRmwxb-w

could stab a dark one with that chin

That's a nice detail, I was hoping that would be the case because it would be retarded for him to sound like a native speaker. Shame the story and other characters treat him poorly though, the game feels really anti-American.

>he didn't get the good ending while saving everyone first try
I seriously hope none of you guys actually do this

>anti-American
i mean they are military organization of sorts and americans are supposed to be their enemies

Get an SSD, cheap faggot.

how to type in american?

Attached: 1518067545577.png (612x491, 98K)

im sure the ukrainian devs wanted to poke fun at america especially with the 9/11 easter egg or the wine bottle referencing yeltsin there are probably more hidden easter eggs that haven't been found yet

When did they ever treated him poorly?

It's more than that though. Obviously it makes sense that the Russians who are told the war is still going on would be against Americans, but it comes through in a more general sense in the tone of the dialogue. A lot of the characters constantly patronize Sam in passive aggressive ways, like the character exists solely for the purpose of the Russians to talk down to and act superior toward. I can't really describe it, it's just a vibe the writing towards and around him gives off and it's kind of unpleasant.

Damn, impressive how much better Metro Exodus looks. Based slavs following in CDProject footsteps.

>a plane model is making fun of America
Are all burgers this insecure? Ban assault planes now.

i tried replaying, but these games are so linear I had to stop since I got sick of the cutscene (Artyom!)-linear hallway shootout-cutscene (Artyom!) cycle

>the boy starts talking about how brave miller was when fighting the worms
hold me bros

Attached: 1541147008784.png (950x685, 612K)

>This guy cares for my wife more than myself and I dont care
Is Artyom secretly a kek?

youtube.com/watch?v=nKaedJyARWg

Who does? Miller, her dad?

>credits list viktor tsoi
cool
youtube.com/watch?v=BXgWvFd16iI

Did he hit himself with the cue stick?

They make fun of each other too. You can't describe it because it isn't there, you just want it to be there. Maybe the English dub does a disservice, but the Russian, aka the original dub has none of that shit you're talking about.

No, not her dad. Artyom comments in his diary than this guy is literally infatuated with Anna and he doesnt even feel jealousy because he is a actually a great guy.

Have you even fiddled with the radio on the train? It has like 3-4 of his songs, so of course they would.

The soundtrack did. Saving Anna not so much especially with how jarring their relationship is after just playing Last Light. They had a one night stand then boom they're married and now they're lovely dovey. It was just weird for her to go from calling Artyom a little rabbit to my love so quickly.

The guy who fixes the guns.
He basically says he knows he's hopelessly in love with his wife but she doesn't pay him any attention and because he's a really great guy and he feels sorry for him, he can't even get jealous about it, because he knows he has no chance with her.

youtube.com/watch?v=_aEeQOLzJRg

Attached: 1549484629712.jpg (604x604, 93K)

I fucking knew someone would mention this. Fuck the second level with the bamboo sticks and the longass stairs.

No, it's more of a "I know what Anna and I have, she'll never want anyone else so there's no need to worry about other guys" kind of thing. That's confidence and security

Play Stalker, it’s much better.

Shadow Warrior

It's not really forced. You play a character that's married to another character, and they just happen to actually love each other and show it openly. I'm sorry you'll never find someone that treats you the same way.

AAAAH

Attached: Desktop_2019_03_01_21_07_41_236.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

despite him being a little shit I spare him every time

Damir staying with the team seems like the bad option to be honest & somewhat selfish, i don't get how that's the good karma route when Damir staying with his people & fighting for them sounds like a much better ending for him

I got him to follow me but i kinda wanted him to stay

Just go bag her a Moose and squirrel. She'd jump your bones right there.

Attached: 1464288859562.jpg (431x427, 137K)

I didn't really see it as a bad or good option for him at all. It's sorta like he has to choose which family he wants to stay with, and it's good for you that he stays with you, hence it being the good karma reward.

it's pretty damned forced

they act like a bunch of high-schoolers in love - that is, Anna, and the cringe-ass writing is pandering pretty hard for the ronery waifu fags

It's not forced, it just happens your parents didn't love each other and nobody loves you so you don't know what love is like.

The game wasn't good either way.

pretty hardcore projecting there, buddy

*hugs you virtually*

Maybe he's just an insecure sociopath

would you let anna fuck you with a strap on while she forced you to call her mommy?

I dont think this guy actually understand the concept behind silent protagonist. What in the actual fuck have I read.

Attached: what the hell.jpg (846x570, 133K)

Would I like this game if I'm a Stalker fan?

I would say Autism. Rubs me off the wrong way whenever I have to look down and away from a character's face when they're speaking

Nah the English dub makes the conversations sound infantile

I am a Stalker fan and liked the game, it's definitely more linear that Stalker and has some survival aspect that aren't in Stalker (for example ending empty of bullets it's quite common), although some people here said they liked Stalker and not Exodus, my recommendation is that you should try it (pirate it) and if you like the first hours buy it, some games in Epic stores can be returned but it's up to the developer if they allow it or not, if they do my recommendation is that you try it in Epic stores if that's the case for Exodus.

Not to those who don't understand Russian I think (I don't)

>Character has a wife
>She loves him
>FORCED
Is that what Western civilization has become?

Attached: 1479418536282.jpg (720x720, 80K)

Why would you suggest anyone to buy anything from epic store? If he likes the game he can send 60 dollars to charity. Or wait until its on steam or GOG. Fuck le epic store.

What is there to get?
"we didn't have the budget to voice the protagonist in our narrative-based game so he just doesn't say anything at all"
and don't even give me that blank slate for immersion shit either.

Being freshly married should be a good, if not the best, excuse in games to go overblown with waifu antics because she is your fucking wife, holy shit.
>NOOOOOOOO THAT'S NOT REALISTIC THEY HAVE TO BE TIRED OF EACH OTHER AND BE ON THE VERGE OF DIVORCE

Here, have a shitty wikipedia article if you dont grasp the basic concept.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_protagonist

Literally did not look at any spoilers and played it completely blind and from the first god damn radio transmission I thought "they're going to be a death cult of some kind this is obviously a trap" and sure enough.

Yes it is retard.

>they didn't just make Volga 2x-3x larger and have you spend more time there and forget Caspian Mad Maxine all together
Caspian is a giant stain on the game, it's just a shit area and the sad part is it looks like the most work went in to it.

Attached: 1528724319980.png (218x231, 7K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Metro Exodus Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 20.47.00.72.png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

Holy shit, I missed that. Fucking skinned kid. Brutal.

Do you think they used that as a bed sheet?

Volga's size was fine, if these maps were any bigger I think it would turn into Caspian and be a boring trudge through them. I would have liked to see Taiga expanded, because the area is really cool and the Pioneer/Pirate dynamic is neat. I also wish Dead City was longer but not open like the others. Dead City felt like 2033 in its atmosphere, it was fucking great.

you could say he got hung out to dry

>got through whole game without fighting a demon
>night time is the safest because humans cant see me and monsters are mostly asleep

I quite enjoy watching subtitled Russian films, but I just couldn't get immersed in Metro when using VA. Subtitles don't work for games as well as they do for movies because greater demands are made on your attention. I found that using subtitles in Metro made me both worse at playing (because characters often speak during stealth/combat sections) and worse at comprehending the plot. Maybe I'm just a brainlet{/spoiler]

>staircases are any different
k

I don't love my wife that much.

Attached: no thanks.png (1440x810, 588K)

Why are you so butthurt about Epic store? I just don't get it, it's a minor inconvenience at best and the devs deserves the money, Ubisoft and EA already made you install their shitty store and there were less criticism than with the Epic store being essentially the same, while at least Epic seems to be real competition against Steam and can make the PC better because the competition can make Steam put more effort into their shop for example by making them take less money from developers which I would prefer because developers are the one that worked for the game and Steam takes to much money for the work of distribution.
Like seriously it takes 5 min to create an account and install Epic store, then you buy Metro and that's it, and in exchange the developers get more money they can use towards making other games.

Attached: 1535076407826.png (500x374, 213K)

Fuck off with your marketing PR shill. These threads are semi decent and everyone pirated the game regardless.

>anime personality
We're fucked

>epic shows up to create a monopoly and bring consolewars to PC
>y u mad lol

Attached: 1525880934008.jpg (3024x4032, 1.14M)

Only if she called me rabbit

I am not mad about Epic. I am mad about them switching last minute. Its that kind of antics that makes me lose trust in the industry. Also
>Switch to inferior game store to get more money
>Spend the money on intrusive DRM
>Game get cracked in under a week
GENIUS

Attached: 1534683631111.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Not marketing, I understand that it would be better if the game was in both Steam and Epic, the bought exclusive of Exodus was a bad move and that Epic Store is worse than Steam for what they offer aside that Epic takes less money from developers, I just don't think it's so awful as you make it to be.

Steam already has the monopoly so I think Epic can be benefitful for us trying to make a monopoly, also nothing to do with console wars because you just have to install something in 5 min and get the game, don't have to pay more for anything and you can just take both and buy from one of the other as it's more convenient to you.

I also think the way the move to Epic was done is wrong, I think that it's not such a big deal.
Also, making more money (as in a bigger cut for the developers) is totally fair, they made the game and should be the one that profit from it.
Also I agree that Denuvo is a stupid decision.

Well, then you agree with me on every account.

Nobody cares about games being on Epic store. They can do whatever. Their choice. Just be upfront about it. Then again, once fortnite is dead, I wouldnt want my games on there. You never know how long it will last.

>Steam already has a monopoly
You were told to fuck off.

Exactly how open-world is this game

It gives you a small region and you can do whatever.

Are we talking Cordon small or like Zaton small

>Extra vehicles in caspian
>can't use them
This game has far too many flaws.

I like Stalker and I liked this game, but you can't really compare them desu. The only part of this game I'd like to see in a stalker game is the updated graphics. Everything else is better in modded Stalker.
The areas just don't feel dangerous enough. There aren't any random guys just walking around the world and the mutants don't feel half as dangerous as Stalker. I also don't really dig the stealth elements, which are pretty much required on the highest difficulty and if you want the good ending.

Starts as Zaton then get progressively more Cordon with each map.

>steam already has a monopoly
steam doesn't have major exclusives locked out of all other purchase platforms, in the PC market competition is done by pricing not exclusivity unlike in fucking consoles, hence epic is bringing console wars into the PC market.
Epic has no advantage for consumers or developers, the only ones who win are publishers and developers who self publish and the chinese
so just fuck off out of this board you nigger i know you are an epic employee trying to get a bonus because you saw a metro exodus thread you chinese ass licker and to borrow a quote from Admiral, your nose is brown enough

Attached: 1454187213122.gif (300x225, 1.58M)

You're a fucking retard, that's like saying Amazon has a monopoly on online sales because a huge number of people use it.
Also fuck off.

Amazon and Steam doesn't compare, there is ebay and then there is a lot of specialized stores, Steam had only gog that was no real competition and then Origin, Uplay, Battle.net that weren't interesting to other publishers, Epic has opened up to other publishers and has taken effort into bringing them (some of them are bad competition like the paid exclusive) while some like better conditions for publishers are good.
It just doesn't compare.

I already said I dislike the exclusive shit, but it is not in console exclusive level.
Epic has advantages for developers because if the publisher get the same money with less sales the games that might have not been profitable before are now profitable so more niche game can survive and get a sequel, for consumers it's not only positive because Epic Store is worse than Steam that's why I think the exclusivity was a bad thing but it's not such a big deal, but they offered a lower price in USA because the cut Epic takes is lower, that should have been done everywhere though and I don't know why they charge European more, specially southern Europeans like me.
I wish I was an Epic employee, but no I'm just a normal person that can't get your butthurt.

>steam only has gog
stop dude you have no idea what you are talking about and you are reaching too far to try and defend epic

Attached: 1548723183197.png (1268x1257, 268K)

>key resellers that you activate in Steam
Mmm sure lot of competition for Steam.

No it's not

what page is that ?

All those stores sell steam games you total mongoloid what competition is there, fucking reddit steam shills.

google "isthereanydeal"

thank you!

what? They tease him a little bit but most of it is just lads bantering, there are multiple instances where they say they think of him as a a valuable teammate and friend

>imagine defending Epic like your life depends on it
even if it was the greatest store around I would still not use it, just because of the chinks

ARTYOM NO

Attached: metro.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

oblivion

is this game open world or is it level based with open levels?

It's level based with somewhat open levels, like Dishonored or The Witcher 2.

>no bush

>being racist
Mmm sweetie go back to Yea Forums maybe? We are in 4channel racism is not welcome here.

russian is pretty bad too in this one

they arent even that challening
imho they should've made them way faster when flying and diving

The whole game is lacking in challenge. I think the game was just flat out rushed to meet release date. I have a feeling the Epic bullshit contributed to this.

Do you all like Anna and the cast in general?
I got real tired of everyone loves Artyom and got to the point where I just avoided any of the optional dialogue.
It started feeling like you were in a paradise simulation the way people just constantly praised everything you did.
They could of at least started with everyone being pissed that Artyom totally fucked their Metro lifestyle.

I was fine with it. You gotta figure that by the point the player is joining the story, the squad of Rangers is so tight knit that they're closer than a lot of families with all the time they've spent together and shit they've had to go through alongside one another.

Edgy. Bet you can't find even enjoyment or happiness in love

Attached: 1551147740749.jpg (4032x2772, 2.21M)

Anna is the best thing from the game, but yeah everyone treating Artyom like Jesus get's incredibly annoying. Even more so that he's a fucking mute who can't talk back. This Silent protagonist shit doesn't work slat all with this kind of game Metro Exodus tried to be. With Stalker there was text based diologue from Strelok.

What the actual fuck, is this all there is to video options? For a supposed PC first game?
Absolutely unacceptable.

Attached: MetroExodus_2019_03_02_02_04_04_820.jpg (2560x1440, 2.07M)

I'm pretty sure they knew him from before, seeing how they were part of Miller's squad and he's married to his daughter. They also spent about a year together, out of which we only see select episodes.
I liked the story desu, it was just your typical roadtrip.

Neither of the other games was any different. You can get more done in the config files, I think.

playing Metro 2033 right now. Great atmosphere, but everything else is pretty mediocre (shooting, level design, AI, stealth etc)..

are the sequels better?

Each sequel gets better.
There are also redux versions.

Not if you're playing the original 2033

youtube.com/watch?v=k70iKGjr-Zs

Attached: Ap_munich905_t.jpg (360x253, 19K)

I love that OST, even though at least half of the stuff in there was never in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=e4HlkONNiY4

Can I freely kill cultists in Volga or bad end?

No, but you can freely kill bandits as long as they aren't surrendering.

>free slaves on broken ship in caspian
>later on anna is all like "oh man i cant stop thinking about those slaves we should go free them"
>wtf i already did you dumb bitch
>get the bad end where damir leaves because slaves not freed i guess

fucking good game guys

>walking around caspian
>see the baron sitting on a chair ranting about some shit
>talking about how hes the fake baron and when the train guys try to kill the baron theyll kill him instead
>he doesnt react to me at all until i hit him
>then he just begs me to leave and doesnt fight at all

what the fuck was this? also i kept hearing thugs reference some guy named saul but i never saw a saul at all and he didn't seem to factor into the caspian section at all.

Oh wow that really sounds like HL2's ost

I didn't free the slaves and I still got the good ending with Damir. You didn't get enough moral points. Freeing the slaves is not the only chance to get a moral point.

Did you get the water dripping sound after freeing them? If not you did something wrong

The fake baron was inside the fortress. The real baron was manipulating Giul to have the fake assassinated. Then, the real one would "miraculously come back to life" as a blessing of the holy flame, which would make all the slaves in the region even more loyal to him as they would think of him as Jesus.

He's a doppelganger. The plan was to let him be his replacement when the Baron inevitably gets killed