>RE1
literally defined survival horror
>RE4
game of the generation
>REmake
greatest horror game of all time
>REmake 2
GOTY so far

How does Capcom continue to have such great success with RE while they fuck up everything else?

Attached: RE2_remake_PS4_cover_art.png (302x330, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CmAbXqJwF84
youtu.be/VSLJFaE5i4g?t=765
youtube.com/watch?v=CH9ngXjtAMM
youtu.be/9YvxIjnAPFc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's conveniently forget the good 10 or so times Capcom fucked up with RE

Mainline only, spinoffs don't count... even then only RE6 was objectively trash.

That's exactly the secret to success. Never quit. never stop trying and with each mistake, you learn and grow stronger.

And 5, and especially 0.

monster hunter is good
hopefully they close down vancouver and make another jap dead rising

>RE4
>game of the generation

Attached: becca_face_unimpressed1.jpg (539x558, 90K)

0 was goofy in story but aesthetically was just beautiful.
6 had god-tier gameplay.
5 had /ourguy/ Wesker.

Wouldn't popularized or became the face of survival horror be a better term? Isn't it moreso Alone in the Dark/Clock Tower that defined survival horror?

>REmake 2
>GOTY
That says a lot more about every other dissapointment we got this year than REmake2 desu

Defined as in literally defined the term "survival horror." Those games can retroactively be classed as survival horror games, but they were released and understood only as horror games before the release of Resident Evil.

hipster

How is REmake 2 not a great game?

Is REmake really the best horror game of all time? I thought it was silent hill 2 or eternal darkness.

I never said it's a bad game, but it's far from 10/10 material. But every other major release so far is either painfully average (KH3) or downright awful (Anthem) so it's easy being the best with zero competition.

Not him, but KH3 is getting DLC later this year (both free and paid) that's there for people who have some qualms with it at the moment.

REmake is my favorite game in the series but I don't know if it's the greatest horror game of all time. Silent Hill 2 and 3 and Fatal Frame 2 and 3 are up there as well.

its too hard for me. and mrx is annoying

Mr. X is not a big deal if you just run from him.

>shilling a corporation for doing mildly better now
fucking cringe

Attached: 1551401758769.jpg (342x358, 29K)

Fuck that, just walk around the station. You'll rarely run into X unless you are wandering aimlessly like an idiot, plus you won't aggro zombies as often either. Only run if X sees you and is close.

>monster Hunter
>RE2make
>Dmc5
All successes. I think mega man 11 even did well enough for them. Right now their only fuck up is their fighting games division

>6 had god-tier gameplay.

Attached: 0947f4527eb06ef5809d5a1dfa228488ccc13a43efed4d32a51159e71c09ac49.jpg (625x625, 36K)

>6 had god-tier gameplay
lol

Not him but mechanically the game was great (for an action game). It's just the level and enemy designs that were shit.

Having good enemy design is a huge part of what makes gameplay good though.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying maybe he meant gameplay mechanics. I wish they would have put the RE6 mechanics in a better game (preferably as a new IP). 6 only kind of shone in Mercs.

>mildly

>mildly

>>RE1
>literally defined survival horror
No, Alone in the Dark did, and even more.
>RE4
>game of the generation
That's a quite biased statement tb'h. RE4 wasn't without flaws, and many great games came out that generation.
>REmake
>greatest horror game of all time
There are many scarier and more atmospheric survival horror games out there.
>REmake 2
>GOTY so far
So far, because Doom Eternal hasn't been released.

>So far, because Doom Eternal hasn't been released

*AHEM* I beleive the term you're looking for is Sekiro: Shadows die twice.

>fromshit
>goty
>ever

>Bethesda trash
>GOTY

>tfw no Dragon's Dogma 2

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20170925034521_1.jpg (1920x1080, 571K)

Capcom invented the term survival horror idiot.

>doom eternal
Entirely different engine, art direction, and gameplay from Fallout/Elder Scrolls.
>sekiro
Combat reminiscent of soulshit.

The term "survival horror" did not exist until Resident Evil 1 coined it... this is a fact.

>0 was goofy in story but aesthetically was just beautiful
It's telling than even in your defence of it you have nothing good to say about the gameplay.

But stole the gameplay and vision from another game. They invented the term (which turned out to be nothing much more than a buzzword as time went by), but didn't define the genre.

Itsuno(I think) is supposedly working on it after DMC5.

dude im one of the freaks that actually like 6 and even i wont back you up on that

Attached: 1549639187700.jpg (649x960, 93K)

People really underestimate the strength of being stealthy in this game.
I just managed to sneak past the G-Adult that appears next to the Rook plug door with it ever knowing I was there because it was facing the opposite wall. It was great.

>RE4
>most overrated game of all time

FTFY

1/10 bait and only because I replied.

>long haired Jill
Stop that.

How are you able to shitpost in literally every single RE thread, Beccafag? Do you seriously have nothing else to do?

I remember reading somewhere about it was either DD2 or DMC5 that they wanted to work on and decided to go with DMC5.
tfw no DD2 for at least for few years

Stop crying and play the MMO if you want Dragon's Dogma so badly.

Hey, I'm willing to wait as long as they finally includethe moon.

Then what the fuck do you like it for? It has the best action gameplay in the series and that's about what it has going for it.

Well, I guess it has Sherry too.

Term is just a word. It didn't set the standard for survival horror.

how are you able to respond to me in every thread? Do you seriously have nothing else to do?

Attached: becca_lab_yousure.gif (320x389, 1.85M)

>RE1
literally defined survival horror
>no it's alone in the dark
>RE4
game of the generation
no
>REmake 2
GOTY so far
we will see

Oh, so you're delusional, too. Good to know that I'm not the only one calling you out then, at least.

Attached: 1550171360129.jpg (1230x1562, 349K)

sounds like you're pretty delusional too if you think there's only 1 person posting Becca

Attached: becca_face_unsure1.jpg (361x389, 33K)

Only one person could have such horrible taste.

It created the term, however, so it is factually true.

Did the game do it, or was it the marketeers?

If only SH was still alive...

I think SH1 is the best horror game
RE is still amazing though

Attached: 1458243068528.png (546x546, 346K)

Attached: Global Rules.png (393x19, 2K)

They haven't fucked up much of anything lately.

>not allowed to post re pics in an RE thread
fuck off faggot

The game itself:
>Enter the survival horror
When you load a save

Games define a genre through gameplay mechanics.

Fuck the sewers, I still get lost.

They're not that big, user.

>Doom anything
Yikes
Now don't get offended and shoot some place up.

Does anyone else not remember Mr.X being in the original RE2? I played RE2 down to the gator chase in the sewers when I was ten and I didn't realize Mr.X wasn't a new addition until recently.

Attached: 2898973707869911.png (594x376, 223K)

You're clearly avatarfagging, Rebeccafag.

Do you eat shit?

re4 is NOT a good game, its like if resident evil suddenly decided to plagiarize metal gear solid

They literally got the inspiration from their own Sweet Home. Stay mad, cuck. Mad because RE killed AitD long ago.

He only appears in the B run I think

I enjoyed zero for its gameplay differences

Would REmake 2 be a great way to get into the more horror, less action focused REs? I've only played, and beaten, 4. I'm a bit anxious to try REmake 1, and I think the 3rd person shooter style of REmake 2 will let me ease in.

That sounds pretty good.

>REmake
>fails as a survival horror game due to the abundance of healing and defense items
>generic haunted mansion atmosphere, piss easy combat and lack of any psyhological horror techniques mean it fails as a horror game too
tho you think that RE4 is GOTG so no wonder you're a shiteater

Putting sprinkles in your shit smoothie doesn't make it less shit.
>6 has good gameplay
Oh, you're just fucking with us. Got it.

Mr. X only appeared in the B Scenario back when A and B were meant to make logical sense to be occuring at the same time

>turn based top down RPG with party members and nonconventional weapons
Yeah, totally RE right there...

they have an uneven layout, the lab is straight forward, the RPD requires you to juggle between puzzles and keys but you can see it from the map where you have to go, what do you need and so on.

How is it similar to MGS? MGS has no limited inventory, RE4 is not built around stealth and avoiding detection, just, how could you write such sentence?

because its a pulp cinematic action game you twat, if you think metal gear is only stealth you are a retard

It plays like every other classic RE but the two characters stay together the whole story, what else is there to say? My only complaint is I went into it right after REmake and the controls being tweaked threw me off.

He's probably thinking of the Twin Snakes cutscenes.

Still trying to convince people it's not just you I see

Dumb beccafag. Can't wait to see her game get remade for us tpschads while you can only watch.

Why would we be mad about getting more Becca?

Attached: 1534237235175.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Jokes on you, RE4 is shit and you are as stupid as a fish

There's really not that much going on in the sewers, user. Try to build the area three-dimensionally in your head. Think of the connections to each area. Outside of the Rook plug chamber and its corresponding trip the place is linear.

>we
Delusional beccafag.

>we
Stop this delusion, it's not healthy.

>RE4 game of the generation
It's a school day, tomorrow, go to bed

There's at least 2 of us in this very thread

Attached: 1537552603395.jpg (1075x1045, 157K)

I'm only seeing one beccafag though.

I seriously think people who don't like 0 just don't like classic RE all that much. Sure its easily the worst of the bunch, but at the end of the day it still plays like a classic RE game. If you enjoyed REmake theres no way you won't at least enjoy some aspects of 0.

>Putting sprinkles in your shit smoothie doesn't make it less shit.
What a fucking brainlet-tier "argument"

>Missing 4 files that I didn't read
I REALLY hope there's a guide out there that lists where each file is located or else I'm going to have a bad time.

You forget.
>RE outbreak
Showed that tank controls, camera angles, and team work can work.

Attached: Cute girl fighting uncute things.png (1680x1050, 1.1M)

>There's at least 2 of us in this very thread

Attached: Sweating Pizza.png (250x250, 29K)

>DMC3
>Dead Rising 1
>probably some megaman game even though I don't give a shit about that series

Did you do the B scenarios? Each has two exclusive files.

But for that you might as well play any other classic RE that's actually fun to play. No need to stick with the worst one when you have other, very solid choices available.

Got you senpai.

youtu.be/CmAbXqJwF84

Attached: claire_elevator.jpg (687x684, 80K)

>boring enemy design
>baffling "leave items anywhere but you have to run all the way back to get them" decision
>those FUCKING ANNOYING monkeys
All that said, the train segment at the beginning felt like the best chunk of Resident Evil I ever played and goddamn do I wish the rest of the game was like that.

You're a life saver user

>Dmc5
You don't know that yet.

youtu.be/VSLJFaE5i4g?t=765
12:45

Okay, so apparently, newtimelinefags got BTFO and kinda validated at the same time.
RE2:R is NOT canon. At least not to the events of 3/CV/4/5/6/7. It's a revisiting/reimagination of the original, NOT a remake. The CURRENT games (including 7 and futurely 8, i'd guess) are based on what happened in the ORIGINAL RE2.
At the same time, the fact that it's not canon to the current events gives the "new timeline" some validation, because RE3:R would follow up on it, and then maybe wrap it up so things don't go further from there (Sherry being possibly free of the G-Virus, making RE6 impossible, is an example of that). That "new" continuity wouldn't be canon, but it would be an alternate retelling of the events that led into RE4/5/6/7/futurely 8. You can make that your headcanon if you're an autistic shipfag.
They also make it clear that they don't mind retconning shit as long as it's entertaining.

Attached: notaremake.png (275x159, 67K)

It could also be that each remake exists in some isolated bubble that doesn't refer back to previous remakes.
V-ACT/Crimson Heads/Lisa Trevor mean nothing to RE3's story for example.
The only changes I expect to see to 3's story is canonizing elements of Outbreak like RE2make did, and getting rid of the worm to make the game not a fucking piece of SHIT

RE3 has epilogues for RE2 characters, though, and i'm fairly sure they'll be in the remake. I wonder if they'll follow up RE2 Remake's canon and change their fates on that.

>implying RE3 isnt the best game in the series even with the worm

Leon's pupils bother me

Attached: IMG_20190226_175832.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

Honestly capcom has a lot of really damn good games.
It almost seems like their company business model is; have a bunch of rich people pay tons of studios to make whatever ridiculous game they want, then they take the ones who are successful on their own and fucking send in the suits to crush them.
They're like the politician super villian of video games.

No game that features hunters has boring enemy design.

Attached: claire_cute_014.jpg (1440x1440, 336K)

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

That's right. It has the weakest level design of all the classic REs.

Attached: 1550086030954.png (600x348, 58K)

What was wrong with Gravedigger? Didn't seem to really subtract from the game at all.

Claire is a cutie!

Attached: cute.jpg (1200x630, 43K)

I'm saving that

>>REmake
It would be if it didn't had retarded tank controls, it needs the REmake 2 treatment immediately

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Attached: mr x_claire.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

spinoffs are always a gamble

Is the shoulder stock for Claire's nade launcher worth the loss of extra inventory space? Does it actually make it do more damage?

Attached: claire i need a boyfriend.gif (420x235, 2.2M)

remake is way scarier than remake 2. they don't need to change shit.

you need to change. garbage.

I would hate to be in that room right now.

Lord, that's horrifying.
Why not? A single slot is nothing unless you're going for Minimalist.

>Becca poster
opinion discarded

Man, I'm done with this place. It's just annoying how dumb some of you are.

This.
Sekiro and DMCV release soon and will blow this completely out of the water.
Also the far superior zombie games Days Gone and Dying Light 2 are releasing this year too.

The only smart course of action in this situation is to run towards Mr. X and hope he goes for the almost harmless grab.

Are you fucking serious?

>the far superior zombie games Days Gone
Good joke.

Attached: 23462462462.webm (1280x706, 2.98M)

It makes it easier to see the "hit range", meaning it makes it easier to get a direct hit and therefore meaning you're likely to deal more damage

>no argument

I wish there was a mod where Tyrant punches enemies for you or something.

I've run into him so much I'm kind of getting attached to him, like I did with pic related.

Attached: 482941.jpg (1920x1084, 192K)

Now that's what I call a French kiss.

I like Becca, but only when she's being bullied

>How does Capcom continue to have such great success with RE
They screwed it up first before it got good again. Hopefully they get the fucking picture now. I don't even want RE3make per se because all this nostalgia pandering bullshit is boring me out of my mind, just give me SOMETHING that has a similar vibe and gameplay style that was recently set up by this game. RE2make basically demonstrated that RE4-style horror is possible (even though RE4 was perfectly capable of it as well during its beginning hours).

lel

From what I've heard it's killing it in preorders.

And CV i remember magazines complaining about RE fórmula getting tiresome.Reason that RE4 was diferent

I cant say that but REmake is THE best example a good remake

>RE4
>game of the generation

>REmake

Attached: 1528987723709.jpg (600x768, 125K)

t. roastie

>No, Alone in the Dark did, and even more
Bitch please RE coined the term Survival Hoje períod.Alone in the Dark is the simpsons of videogames now,more bad games than good ones at this point.

>Lisa Trevor means nothing to RE3's story
She's the source for Nemesis' parasite and the T/G-Virus.

I don't know if I would say the original Resident Evil defined survival horror. Popularised it may be a better word.

>b-but it had flaws
There's not a single game/movie/song without flaws.

they were lucky to have a strong starting point with the series

Attached: becca_cute4.jpg (543x600, 51K)

Anyone else think Sherry is cute?

Attached: sherry smile.png (936x850, 588K)

>I don't know if I would say the original Resident Evil defined survival horror.

It, literally, *literally* defined the survival horror genre.

Attached: 1533774691408.png (2133x1599, 1.36M)

claire does

Attached: clairexsherry882.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

she's funny looking
still adorable tho

She's a cute kid for sure, Sherry managed to make me want to protect her and make sure no harm would come to her.
>You got it!

ye

Attached: sherry 363311 - 3D Claire_Redfield Resident_Evil Resident_Evil_2_Remake SelfDrillingSMS Sherry_Birki (104x116, 6K)

NO

>GOTY so far
Nope, Ace Combat is holding that. Close though. Not that that matters, since DMC 5 is going to blow it away.

Attached: sherry you need help.jpg (880x684, 27K)

she is pretty cute tho

Attached: 361418 - 3D Blender JuiceSFM Resident_Evil Sherry_Birkin_crop2.jpg (1041x1611, 373K)

She's 100x cuter than Ellie and Clementine from western sjw zombie games

I want to protect Sherry.

Is it over? Will there be no stream today?

Clementine was good enough in Season 1, it's everything that came after that ruined it.

why does the licker not attack MR X? just because they both have the virus?

Monster Hunter is still good and I don't care about what whiners at Yea Forums say about World. DMC V looks great as well. Granted they've fucked up every other franchise (Street Fighter, Mega Man) but they've still got solid entries coming out consistently.

>eternal darkness
Nice to see it's not forgotten. Replayed it in 2017 or so on Dolphin.
It's still as great as it was when I first played it when it came out.
Hell, I was so hooked that I actually watched all the cutscenes in the book after beating the game.
Best lovecraftian game in existence and certainly my favorite on the GC.

Everyone does

Attached: sherry.jpg (756x604, 154K)

what kind of cuckold you have to be to enjoy this shitmake?

>nu-Doom better than REmake 2
Now I know you're baiting

mr xs footstomps are too low frequency for lickers to hear

Attached: clairexmrx_bully1.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Jill, Claire, Ada, Sherry?

Nah, Zoe is the best looking RE girl.

Is that a shadow on her crotch? Did she piss herself?

>>REmake 2
>GOTY so far
Lol we just started the year
RE2 remake wasn't even that good, you'll see that when other games coming out this year will surpass it

>Not listing RE7 which helped breathe new life into the series.

Attached: 1492007997831.jpg (500x667, 64K)

0 is literally fine.

mmmm....nah
but i wish they left her like this or at least just some of those cristals on her body
>pic

Attached: zoe.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

>Has a very clear southern accent during the entirety of re7 storyline
>Accent completely disappears in The End of Zoe
Why?

Attached: blue.jpg (530x789, 38K)

i haven't even noticed, she barely speaks there

Claire.

Attached: 1549097349948.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

Claire. Claire Kennedy.

Attached: C0hUlBnVIAEVIxR.jpg (301x360, 23K)

Claire Redfeild

Attached: claire_intro1.jpg (1080x1080, 131K)

why are there people who defend aitd so much?
the series literally has one good game and it didnt age that well.
you didnt see people defending wolfenstein over doom or pac man land over mario.

Claire

Attached: 29d9b6ac-b650-4570-92c1-44de238f1189.png (500x615, 139K)

in 10 years, sure

>Anyone else think Sherry is cute?

Her VA's performance and the journal entries from those poor kids who obviously got mauled by zombies made want to protect her, if that's what you mean.

Attached: boogie mans here.png (948x655, 185K)

I consider REmake 2 to be the greatest game ever made.

>writing journals / diaries
I swear, this is the dumbest fucking shit in any horror game, especially when it's done by children.
Like, who the fuck has time to write journals? you should be hiding, scared shitless.

L4D did it well, safe areas with wall scribbles and notes - not some novels that you find every now and then.
The shittiest part is always the fact that most of them start or end with some "dreadful premonition" or "looming threat"
Just like that pic

It's called immersive storytelling, my dude.

Finding someone cute doesn't have to mean you find them sexually attractive, user.

>Like, who the fuck has time to write journals? you should be hiding, scared shitless.
Outside of that one diary all the other ones were written a long ass time before everything went to shit. And god knows when was that one written, it was probably the day Irons made the security team kill the kids.

It's fun as hell but it lacks content.

Attached: claire_face_phone.jpg (1077x1080, 145K)

I was going to do another run on claire with the based quick draw only but then i find out they dont give you infinite ammo for it. what the fuck. easily the most satisfying weapon in the game. they give you some shitty infinite smg and a dumb mini gun. i may just use some mod to make it unlimited since still need to do the steps and no item box achievement.

Attached: 20190301193730_1.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

Attached: Mr Thomas.jpg (1920x1061, 138K)

I honestly think Mr X should kick the shit out of zombies if they're in his way

5 is damn fun on coop.

0 is just a fucking sin wasting its drop dead gorgeous visual.

>6 had god-tier gameplay
Like the cover system?

Could have been a wonderful cover if Jill didn't have long hair

Attached: 1550606725164.jpg (1280x1822, 416K)

>security team
If only they had been so lucky. The one piece of paper you find paints a pretty clear picture of what happened in the orphanage.

7 was good too, honestly. Far, far better than 5 and 6

Stop right there sir

Attached: agent mommy.jpg (1600x900, 637K)

not him but once you get accustomed to re6 counter/quick draw system you literally become a god, like you have majorly fuck up to die or even take damage. mercenaries was insanely fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=CH9ngXjtAMM

sure thing, buddy.

Our lord and savior Capcom has giveth us a great time in which to enjoy our games.
I also post images of me buyeth games to piss off blunderfags that think they actually stop people from buying games

Attached: Based and capcompilled.png (1148x239, 54K)

Burden of proof lies on you, fag.

Chris, leave Ada to me.

Attached: image.png (1000x733, 1.21M)

that's probably after completing the sewers,your character model get all dirty and wet and it doesn't disappear until you get to the labs. even if you go back to the RPD to get the large SMG clip

Attached: weskercruise.jpg (480x288, 16K)

They beter release it on current gen!

i hope japanese devs make more games like RE2, meaning creative and good looking environments, non retarded controls for PC, non grindy shitfests and well optimized
it was the only game i spent my shekels on since KCD

For better or for worse, very few games ever have the scope of influence that RE4 had. Every single third person shoulder shooter owes itself to RE4. It stands up there as one of the most important and defining games of not only its generation but in any generation of gaming. I can't think of a single more influential gen 6 game.

>DMCV and Sekiro already making RE2 look irrelevant
>"s-sure thing buddy"
Back to posting Mr. X memes normie

>dumb
More like new. Still cancer, though.

best outfit?

Attached: claire_hires1_spat.jpg (3344x3072, 795K)

>hype = better game

sure thing, buddy.

Every Claire outfit is best outfit, friend

Attached: 1551179777113.jpg (2872x3633, 1.77M)

>Sekiro
Now we know you're reaching

RE2 remake is all hype so what's the difference
Vastly inferior to the original
Your shitty Claire and Mr. X memes spamming this board doesn't change that

Incorrect. Elza Walker is the clearly superior choice.
Is there a way to make the back weapon visible on it, BTW?

>Vastly inferior to the original
Just because it doesn't have spiders it doesn't mean it's vastly inferior.

Attached: pepe apu re2.png (477x576, 238K)

I don't think so. At least not yet
Also, my choice would be Noir without hat desu

Attached: 748.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

It's also missing good gameplay and a memorable soundtrack, something the original did laps over this demake. Keep strawmanning about the spiders though cause that's all you have.

Attached: Irons_run.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

> (OP)
>hopefully they close down vancouver

user, that already happened...

>It's also missing good gameplay
Tell me more.

Until they bring the Dragon's Dogma "MMO" over I'll still be mad.

Attached: Just an ordinary goat girl... but watch out, that's no ordinary goat girl!.jpg (456x434, 34K)

>Vastly inferior to the original

Attached: 9BC9A194-FC67-471C-8497-B01C92A2ED93.jpg (500x500, 21K)

>not some novels that you find every now and then.
How old are you that you think at most a few paragraphs are "a novel"?

The gameplay in the original games were serviceable at best, boss fights were DPS races which are horrible, REmake2 allows you to actually dodge strikes and hit weak spots.
The sound track was watered down in favor of sound design which was done very well, but prevents the music from being very memorable.
I also seriously hope you aren't some spud that played RE2 a week before this game released trying to tell people you have an opinion worth listening to.

>missing good gameplay
>actually having to aim at enemies is worse gameplay

Get off of that nostalgia, fixed camera faggot.

>REmake2 allows you to actually dodge strikes
This was present in old RE games. If you were just standing there tanking damage while doling out magnum rounds...damn, son.

I'll admit that RE6 gameplay is much less of a problem than the game design.

>while they fuck up everything else
How so? Ace attorney is fine, DMC is fine, Monster Hunter is Fine

It was quite difficult when there's no quick turn, can't move the camera to instantly aim at targets when turning, can't move and shoot, and the boss is faster than you when you're at a full sprint.
Damn son.... it's almost like you're some retard trying to start shit because you can't adjust to the hot new game that's out.
So either you're a nostalgia turd that never grew the fuck up or you're some youngfag poser that feels the need to impress people that ACTUALLY played RE2 2 decades ago.
Either way, you can fuck off, RE2make plays better than RE2, all RE2 has over it is A/B and soundtrack, and even then the sound design is a side grade.
Take your retarded opinions and fuck off

Attached: 1510024861896.gif (247x183, 2.21M)

>or you're some youngfag poser
say no more

Attached: I'm gonna say it.png (2657x1163, 265K)

>REmake2 allows you to actually dodge strikes
Confirmed zoomer that never played the originals, this is who I'm sharing the board with

>it's almost like you're some retard trying to start shit because you can't adjust to the hot new game that's out.
Wat

m8, I've already beaten the game on hardcore and love the hell out of it. I'm working on S+ ranks right now. I'm just pointing out that the battles in old RE games were more than just tanking damage and shooting the boss with your most powerful gun.

Attached: re2playtime.png (447x131, 86K)

Anyone else gets upset everytime someone says RE5 is bad? I just played it so much, S ranked every mission in every difficulty twice

Attached: 1466801851398.jpg (400x1214, 188K)

>I'm just pointing out that the battles in old RE games were more than just tanking damage and shooting the boss with your most powerful gun.
But they really weren't, you also are refusing to explain how the mechanics work themselves out to be better, you're just spouting bullshit and sidestepping actual points

I'm not even the person making that argument. I'm just calling bullshit on your claim that classic RE boss battles were just DPS fests.

Attached: (You).png (652x539, 347K)

It's a gallery shooter, it doesn't feel like you're actually exploring anything because the gameplay has to be fast paced for the co-op.
That's why i like the RE2 remake and RE7 regardless of any downsides they have because they're purely about exploration just like the originals.

You can't "tank" classic RE boss battles retard, you have to position yourself and move around and take positions to shoot. If anyone's being a disingenuous fag it's you

RE discussion before RE2make
>hey guys what do you think about character x?

RE discussions after RE2make:
>DUDE I WANT TO SMELL CLAIRE'S FARTS AND EAT JORDAN'S ASS, NOW LET ME REPLY TO EVERY POST WITH RYAN GOSLING ALSO POST RARE PICTURES OF A HALF NAKED UNDERAGED GIRL LMAO

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (856x1022, 295K)

>Refuses to explain how fixed cameras, lack of move and shoot, lack of quick turn makes for better gameplay
>"The bosses WEREN'T DPS RACES"
Okay dude, apparently I'm dealing with Discord gay ops again

>Refuses to explain how fixed cameras, lack of move and shoot, lack of quick turn makes for better gameplay

I'm not refusing to explain shit. I already told you that I wasn't the person who made that argument and that I simply took umbrage with your claim that classic RE boss battles were DPS races.

Attached: virgem.png (520x513, 202K)

Why do you NEED quick turn and move and shoot in a fucking horror game? Are you one of those people suffering from brain rot because you started playing at RE5 or some shit? Your claim about the original RE games is wrong and you eat shit.

You're still not addressing the point.
You and your girlfriend are doing a really bad job convincing anyone of anything, let alone that you played the originals.

>let alone that you played the originals.
Are you still running with this narrative that the games are DPS rushes? Because I have time and youtube videos that show players downing bosses without just standing there taking hits.

At least I actually played the originals and don't roleplay that I did on Yea Forums like you do lmao
Go stay in one place while shooting enemies and don't move around and reposition and see how far you get you literal brainlet

i got to the point when i don't care much about this anymore
>I WANT TO SMELL CLAIRE'S FARTS
except this. it's disgusting

>"Claire it's time to come back to my mansion. Leon wants to see you again."

Attached: 1550641931638.jpg (1650x1119, 853K)

Your thoughts on CVX?

Oh I see what it is.
You guys conflate "DPS race" to "I let the boss wail on me"
So you guys constructed this imaginary argument where everyone but you is this neanderthal that can't play, and everyone else is a guy that played the game 5 times in a row and knows everything there is to know about the behavior of the AI.
But if you honestly believe the bosses in classic RE aren't DPS races you're just proving to everyone that you don't know what that term means, and that you're just being disingenuous so you can pretend to have clout.
Keep living in the past poser anons, stay angry no one gives a fuck about 20 years ago

trash

its good. better than 4-6

Attached: claire_stepsonback.webm (1280x720, 710K)

Only play 3, 4 and 5 when they were released.
I finished REmake yesterday.
I got RE6 for 5 euros today. It feels strange playing 6 after REmake. I remember RE5 was not that bad but 6 is mediocre. It feels like Uncharted with some RE5 elements.

...DPS is a a worthless stat to keep track of if you're not taking damage yourself or if the boss isn't healing.

Awww, what happened to your extra post babbster?
Something happen? I know what happened

Attached: 1465041943778.jpg (2880x2778, 908K)

Claire a cutie. I love Claire.

Attached: 1549649150746.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)

We're not the same guy, we're just both irritated with your inane bullshit defenses that are flat out wrong
The tard wranglers did something wrong when they let you post on the internet for a day

claire has something she wants to say about Ada and the rest of the chinese people

Attached: claire_smug_elza.webm (892x720, 2.93M)

Pretty tough for me to believe that when your girlfriend for some reason :^) stops posting, and suddenly your arguments become a lot less offensive and take more time for terse responses, almost like you're deflated and know you have no arguments.
Man, you phone posters and discord gay ops fags really have no arguments? Do you honestly believe pretending to have numbers makes your arguments seem sound?
Either way, you're filth, waste.
Don't try to step to me again

>cute (debatable I know)
>caring
>optimistic
>funny
>powerful maternal instinct
>strong
>can use a fuckin minigun
Yeah she's a great, lovable female character.

Attached: 770.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

>Literally coins the term right after the intro cinematic
>Idk if I would say RE defined survival horror

Fucking lel

Attached: 1-Image44.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Lame.

>Don't try to step to me again

Attached: 1489280209091.jpg (255x265, 10K)

Claire needs a family

Attached: claire_sees_girl.webm (1920x1080, 2.51M)

The other guy is a lot more calm and reasonable with you but he still thinks you're retarded and claiming things about the original RE games that aren't there. No one wants to take your side because you're wrong on all counts.
Me I think you're an oxygen thief and the thread would only improve if you quit posting.

Yeah my dude, the other guy, that claims that RE bosses aren't DPS races because he can post videos of speedrunners either killing them outright with the magnum or sitting in a spot they can't hit you.
If you actually are someone different you're a fucking moron

user, I'm on nofap and my fetish is cuckquean you can't do this

I really fell in love with Claire after all her interactions with Sherry. Claire is a great mother.

Attached: 1550269479871.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

You have no right to call anyone a moron while calling quick-turn (been in the series since RE4) and aiming while shooting (could do this since RE5) **new gameplay improvements** that RE2make supposedly made. What the fuck is your autistic complaint about the bosses anyway? RE2make makes the bosses even simpler by turning the G-Virus into the Weakpoint Virus where Birkin's eyes have turned into an obvious weakpoint. Much like the old games, you damage the bosses to get them to a certain fail-state, and RE2make makes this better how? Just go back to eating paste like you were before you entered this thread, you're embarrassing

Meant RE6 not RE5, but it's still not a feature RE2make created

Isn't quick-turn a thing since RE3?

If you had been following the conversation at all you'd realize that these are improvements over RE1-3.
Outbreak had the features WITH a fixed cam and was still pretty good.
I know you're angry you lost guy, but thrashing around and claiming everyone else is retarded only cements the opinion that you're wrong.
Replying to my post multiple times won't change that.

Attached: Wasn't listening.png (321x349, 98K)

Yeah, but I was talking about with the OTS camera.

Yes.
And REmake 1 had quickturn.

>mildly
>about to release ANOTHER fantastic game in less then a week

They're features that make the game more action oriented than horror with their inclusion. RE3 also has an actual dodge which RE2make doesn't even have. The only one I'm calling retarded is you because you are retarded and didn't play 1-3

>Play Revelations 2
>its repetitive shit
>cant believe this was a PS4 release, looks and plays like ass
>Barry BARELY makes the game tolerable
>mfw REv 1 is even worse
and Yea Forums said these games were good

Attached: 20953839-8D97-4B2E-B86E-D5DF69926C0A.jpg (887x1097, 77K)

Attached: clairexsherry2.webm (640x360, 54K)

Revelations 1 was good for a 3DS action game but a shit horror game.

Revelations 2 has interesting gimmicks and Barry but is ugly as sin

They're decent games if you like the series but not great games if you're not already a fan

The Revelations games are a huge meme. Everyone pushes them as these "underrated gems" when they're really kusoge garbage bin shit

>chess puzzle is on 2 rows with 3 pieces, the solution image divides by 2.
Fuck this.

Attached: REsident evil 2 puzzles 2.jpg (1024x576, 94K)

>battle modes were never a thing
RE has always been an action-horror series. compare to SH and Fatal Frame and such.

The "interesting gimmicks" are shit and barry's section alone shows the 2 controllable characters gimmick is forced garbage. natalia is fucking useless, moira's flashlight couldve easily been given to claire outright. im a fan of the classics and Revelations are both piss-poor attempts at the RE4/5 formula, and only barely attractive to anybody as a fan because of Barry/Claire.
its just riddled with questionable gameplay choices and absolute garbage design.

does claire say anything if you don't pick up the journal as sherry?

I understand RE has always been action-horror. I just don't understand the praise for quick-turn or moving while shooting because I forgot either were a thing while playing REmake 2. Your shots feel too weak for shooting while moving, only ever useful for stunning zombies while speedrunning. I never used the quick-turn at all.

I'm amazed your retarded brain figured out how to upload an image.

the image is showing what piece is facing what, you are just too much of a brainlet to realize this.

Did you play them co-op? Natalia's gimmick is a lot more interesting when you have to communicate where the weak point is if you can turn off the marking it automatically does and the return to RE2's one campaign effects another was neat if not utilized all the way. I think the game is definitely a budget release but the ideas it had could have worked if they reused them for a mainstream Resident Evil or something that wasn't made cheaply

Metro Exodus is better survival horror than nuRE2

quickturn is really more of a hold-over from the fixed-camera days and is only useful in RE4 because of the god-awful camera. its sorta useless in REmake 2, yes, unless you have say Mr. X or an approaching zombie from behind you want to face. situational at best. shooting while moving is the speedrunning deal, but also useful if you yes, want to stun a zombie and move out of the way/are slowly backing up. theyre tools that are useful if you know how to apply them but if you dont, i can see how theyd never come up.
it just makes less sense to include them, and RE4 feels sluggish as fuck for an action game for not letting you shoot while moving.

>chink shills this desperate
Metro is a discount STALKER on rails.

STALKER is shit though

Nope.

I can't wait to play my waifu on RE3 Make nu-Nemesis

Attached: Physics.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

we need Voth for RE3

Attached: jillvoth_smughat1.webm (464x642, 354K)

Attached: Okay then.png (496x406, 307K)

>REmake 2
>GOTY so far
sorry to shoot you down buddy, but that's not true

Attached: acecombat7.jpg (1600x905, 173K)

REmake 2 isn't horror because it isn't scary.

Amen

And best birl has finally been posted. I swear, if Capcom announce a RE3 remake at some point, it will be my first preorder in years

Attached: 11.jpg (1000x1000, 552K)

The japanese are so disgusting. Why does a horror game need bouncing breasts?

horror =/= fear

TECHNOLOGY

>RE discussion before RE2make
>hey guys what do you think about character x?
you are so new it hurts.

shes gonna be in

Attached: jillvoth_shot.webm (854x480, 976K)

Because boobs are cool you dumbass, fucking kill yourself

why were you even looking at her chest you misogynist pig?

Mandatory sexy sandwich

Attached: jill sandwich.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>its sorta useless in REmake 2
Nah it's very useful.

t. speedrunner

>horror =/= fear

Attached: 1533892187115.png (762x647, 519K)

Just consider the fact that Capcom is also releasing this years real GotY in a week. Capcom is on fire right now and they know it. Gonna be a big year for them and I think us as players will benefit the most. I can only hope they'll resurrect Breath of Fire in some way.

Attached: 3471387-dims.jpg (1600x899, 444K)

There's a decent chance Voth won't be in the remake just like Alyson Court wasn't Claire. You best rip that bandage off sooner rather than later.

Attached: jill qt.gif (354x322, 946K)

I know...I know

Not him and I'm not trying to hate but how is the quick turn command useful over pointing the stick 180 degrees and running in the opposite direction? I've found limited use for the quick turn since you're locked into place while you pivot.

the difference being alyson looks 50 and voth still looks amazing

>Alyson Court
shes a dumb commie who joined a union. Voth didnt. big difference

Attached: jillvoth_bed1.jpg (1004x1504, 232K)

Yes, Sienna will take the place

same fag lol
now give me another epic paint screenshot I can't wait, dumb zoomer

Attached: 1551406291655.png (800x840, 308K)

it's not about sexual attraction
I just don't find children cute
they can act cute but most just look like snot nosed brats to me, especially boys

>no Jill gf to share a hot chocolate with, in a cold day

Attached: J.jpg (796x1200, 104K)

it's a figure of speech, my dude

you're a figure of speech

would you share a sandwich with Jill after she licked her fingers and touched it?

Attached: jillvoth_sandwich30.jpg (798x600, 107K)

>doing a final play for the Frugalist / Minimalist / Carbon Footprint
>at sewer in like 30 mins
>finally get hit
>insta into danger
'adaptive' difficulty was a mistake

Attached: 454156156179847894.jpg (218x231, 6K)

>GOTY so far
what are some other contenders? I don't even know

For sure

What do you use the sparkshot for on hardcore?

G adults
Ivies during the escape sequence

g adults for the off chance they pull some bullshit on you

kill the 2 G adults after the queen/king plugs then throw in the dumpster.

So it's not helpful at all against G2 or G3?

I brace myself for disappointment anyway but there's a pretty fucking big difference between a face model and a voice actor. There's no reason they can't use Voth; it's just a matter of if they choose to or not.

nope, just down them and knife them.

>get hit
It's your fault.

Does anyone have that image of Claire in the old outfit on the motorcyle except she actually has the black undershirt and longer hair

Attached: Claire_Elza_Breath.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Say something nice about 6. I'ts the best 3rd person shooter from last gen

Attached: 20190211145351_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.36M)

sherry

Attached: 1445777004949.jpg (512x800, 254K)

Mercenaries is really fun and the game is alright when it's not doing endless setpieces

Who else looking forward to see best girl as Jill's model for RE3R?

Attached: 155302356821.jpg (775x1200, 77K)

It's actually really fun if you have a friend playing it locally with you. Not that Yea Forums has any friends to know that.

same thing happened to DMC threads

Make it 3

Attached: 1550892674132m.jpg (1024x878, 53K)

Good against G4

I actually had less fun playing with a friend because they kept stealing all the ammo

jill doesn't have a cock

Attached: jill_face_disgust3.jpg (494x612, 130K)

>Say something nice about 6
It's shittiness built the path for RE7 and REmake 2.

>I'ts the best 3rd person shooter from last gen
LMAO

Attached: becca_mutate_long1.webm (1280x720, 2.32M)

>first time playing Claire
>beat G2
>but he put me in danger
>rescue Sherry
>Claire and Sherry are both moaning and I go to the cable car
>pop a boner

Attached: pepe himouto.png (810x793, 576K)

Jill's a dude???

gay

RE discussion before RE2R was the same shit you fucking noob. There were just less people doing it. Even when RE7 came out, the gameFAQs threads were all people still circlejerking over Chris & Jill and Leon & Ada potential ships even though they were not even in that game (except Chris for his cameo / DLC)

Why are shippers so autistic with Leon and not Chris? You hardly see people arguing about who Chris's love interest is.

Best places to save on Hardcore?

they want to be him

Attached: 20190223184501_1.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

before g2 first fight
before g2 crane fight
before g3 fight

chris already has a gf

Attached: beccaxchrisarmpit3.jpg (1920x1660, 460K)

I'd say maybe before the Sherry part if you're Claire instead of G2 because I've had bad luck there

if you are doing it for the first time sure since it can be a beginners trap. if you done it already? absolutely not.

Sewer plug room
Before G3
Before G4/Tyrant

>Before G3
>Before G4/Tyrant
they so close together, seems like a waste desu

Really? Her accent was all over the place in the main game

how bad does she smell?

Attached: claire_shower1.webm (852x480, 2.92M)

>Smell/sweat
thisismyfetish.jpg

Clearing RPD 1, the parking garage and RPD 2 without saving/dying essentially forces you to git gud and lets you make safety saves before the only two bosses who have a chance at fucking your run over or costing you extra time later. I don't blame anyone for saving elsewhere but I see no real benefit in making your first save earlier than the sewers. You replay the early sections of the game the most so they should be second nature to anyone going for an S+.

Imagine unzipping this body suit

Attached: claire butt3.jpg (1500x1500, 275K)

youtu.be/9YvxIjnAPFc

So many glitches, how can anyone consider this FUCKING DEMAKE a good game?

Probably the same way you consider yourself a functioning human being.

Attached: sweaty skin.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

They really should just make another standalone Mercs, Mercs 3D was okay but the I'd totally shell out for a new one that included new locations and not just rehashes of older versions.

Chris you make me proud, of course you are one of my men

Attached: 1528162357598.jpg (720x539, 97K)

Playing it on an emulator and knowing it's gimmicks now certainly saps part of the experience. Being a wee lad who could get legitimately tricked by the insanity mechanics definitely burned the game into my memory. If you either know all about it already, or playing it on an emulator so the quirks it throws at you doesn't make nearly as much sense, definitely hinders it. It's still a fantastic experience that every faggot needs to play

I know he doesn't absolutely rek them, but doesn't he sort of haymakers them if they get too close?

I've seen zombies go flying from behind when hes chasing me.

How much health do you get with the G+G and G+G+G herbs? Lets say you combine two greens together, will the combination of them heal just the same as using two green herbs in a row or do they give you a little bit more?

This is all I can see.

Attached: haley_joel_osment.jpg (297x396, 18K)

silly zombies. they're so darn zany hehe

You use it to pop the eyes off of G3.

Hate Steve, everything else is pretty rad.

>>RE1
>literally defined survival horror

Attached: 1539063771901.jpg (352x550, 13K)

kek

each Green herb gives you 1/3rd health, so G/G/G is like a R/G

AAWH!

Attached: POW!!.jpg (1920x4334, 1.72M)

they will goblina her and you know it

>dumb fucking zoomers think alyson was face capped for claire in fucking 1996

Attached: 1551400677581.jpg (639x1069, 124K)

Have faith

Attached: 1519963380821.jpg (1271x2048, 638K)

So there's no difference between using three herbs separately and using a stack of them? Is stacking greens just for convenience?

they could use Voth for Revelations and they didn't

jill is kill

Attached: 1551168455686.jpg (425x503, 33K)

I want to give Claire a bath

Attached: 1548626073234.jpg (1024x576, 48K)

>Revelations
Don't fucking remind me

Attached: 1528318215228.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

>At work all day
>Can't stop thinking about Claire

Attached: 1550339598929.jpg (1080x1080, 230K)

why are you posting pictures of yourself here

You nitpicky fags would probably call Voth a goblin if she was 15 years younger and was just now being introduced as Jill. I can see it now

>"Look at that giant nose!"
>"What awful fish lips!"
>"It's her eyes guys. They look dead"
>"what a gobleeeeena!"

Attached: dd5c7007898840f793e06f0734d16e77.jpg (290x386, 16K)

I know that feel. Thinking of Claire helps when I'm at the gym lifting though.

pretty much. And only Ivys and bosses can kill you in one hit when you aren't in Danger, so when you're really hurt you might as well just take one green herb to get back to Caution instead of fully healing

>I'm just pointing out that the battles in old RE games were more than just tanking damage and shooting the boss with your most powerful gun.
name a single one in OG RE2 that isn't A Scenario's final boss - you can't, because all of the bosses were only capable of moving very slowly towards you and only had a single attack

Jordan was the best thing to come out of RE2make

Attached: 47183748_559851057812224_2418295337606184960_n.jpg (1080x1350, 156K)

These people think RE1 puzzles are original to REmake and Resident Evil never ever ever had speedrun/action focused modes until RE4.These are the people you're trying to talk to like they're equals

Attached: 1523684173201.png (574x575, 326K)

Attached: 1551224098786.jpg (1125x1661, 601K)

Attached: 1551332325947.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

SOLITARY - NOW

>posting still frames from a highly compressed webm

Attached: Claire looking at fire.jpg (1920x1080, 480K)

I could get lost in Claire's eyes.

Attached: 1551332794116.jpg (1500x1100, 842K)

I hate myself for making this.

Attached: ClaireEyes.png (770x470, 611K)

Attached: 1550868880455.gif (500x324, 2.49M)

Saved.

very nice dick sucking lips

It did. It was the first game to call itself "survival horror".

>>REmake

Attached: ps1.jpg (713x713, 203K)

Thats not even the best game in the series.

indeed

In the video game world, there is no KOs, the real winner is the guy that stands til the very end

Attached: 1551339731287.png (841x878, 1.44M)

It is, I liked it far more than 2.
Kuze pls go

I want to hold Claire's hand.

>Kuze pls go
Was he wrong though?

Attached: 1550546309876.jpg (870x894, 88K)

the sfm porn has been really disappointing desu

Anyone else gets framerate problems when using the spark gun? Which by the way is the only gun I don't understand in RE2.

>Dogs and lickers

It stuns most enemies and deals decent damage, better the longer you can make it stick.

Using DX12? dont

Attached: 20190223184617_1.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

Nope, Dx11, but I am not using the latest drivers nor patch.

>Was he wrong though?
Considering he's bending over for soap now, yeah

>while they fuck up everything else?
Monster Hunter's popularity and success is at an all time series high and DMC5 is coming back with a majorly anticipated sequel. Megaman 11 was successful critically and financially.

Capcom is undergoing a glorious redemption arc.

nice treat, paid shill, but RE2 DEmake is shit and Capcom don't release a good game in almost 5 years.

S-shut up! It's 2019 and everything is supposed to suck! Take me back to the good ol days when everything was good

Shame that they literally can't stop fucking up on the FG front

>Need to use villains ideal to prove him wrong
>Ultimately proves him right
What did he mean by this?

Ace Attorney is doing pretty fucking good

others are criticising you for this but I'm happy someone else shares my opinion.

it's the second best 'character action'(?) shooter after Vanquish. shame people thought it was something else though.

Not them but that was my opinion when it originally came out, it didn't mesh well with the other mainline entries, but that gameplay was superb, would be reallllllly good for another IP

I had tons of fun sliding past enemies and placing bomb charges as I slid.

Everyone should have this opinion if they're not retarded user, everyone just thinks it's cool to hate on 6 because it's 4 improved, but since it's not 4 the faggots that bandwagonned onto 4 won't shit on you for attacking it.
6 improved every single combat aspect of 4, most retards will harp on about "Muh attache case" "Muh merchant" but these things had 0 place in a resident evil game, so when they go onto praise that shit and complain about I frame dodging and counter it boggles my fucking mind.

Point is Resident Evil are fun b movie monster horror action games, while Silent Hill is true psychological horror with a complex story and dread atmosphere and almost everyone considers first SH trilogy for better survival horror representation. Which type of games you prefer is up to you only though.

They're chasing an unobtainable goal: E-Sports.

Maybe SF6 or MvC5 will be successes if they simply make a great fighting game and let the E-Sports come to them, not the other way around.

I agree on the gameplay as well. Unfortunately the campaigns weren't very good so Mercs mode was the only way to really enjoy it.

When it comes to the game part of it, REmake is the best, no contest.

I was just joshin' ya son, chill out.

Attached: 1550879103483.png (460x650, 192K)

>chill out.
Problem is I can't.

Why not? Konami?
They'll probably sell IPs or something, there's hope.

JILL CANONICALLY FUCKS DOGS

Attached: dogfucker.png (1012x1136, 1.44M)

Lol wut
RE4 did nothing new other than give a shit OTS cam, everything else had been done before.
You are dreaming faggot.

poor effort. no (You)s today.

Half Life 2?

But they fucked up Resident Evil already. If anything, the RE2 remake is making up for that fact.

Attached: 1550724981557.jpg (1636x1142, 342K)

I seriously have my doubts.

Claire's eyes are too blue. Can't trust people with eyes that light, they're shifty and piercing.