I need to play platforming games on PC

I need to play platforming games on PC.
I don't have any console.

Is the DS4 d-pad really unreachable?
Will a DS4 fuck me in the ass for anything else compared to xbone controller?

Attached: 687474703a2f2f7777772e67616d65636875702e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031332f3036 (620x930, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mayflash-Dreamcast-Controller-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00K7YK0YA/ref=asc_df_B00K7YK0YA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309804208987&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1623740358567424463&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010784&hvtargid=pla-627807310517&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=gU_MAc9-oEQ
royfuss.com/royfuss/2013/07/replace-a-broken-playstation-3-controller-trigger/
twitter.com/8BitDo/status/1090236397582053377
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just use the xbone controller

>Just use the
I need to buy one or the other
I have neither

KB+M you pleb.

my keyboard is not suitable for gaming.

Attached: P_20160126_095718_1.jpg (4096x2304, 2.08M)

god i wish that were me

god tier dpad coming through

Attached: 41dwqbWAydL._SX466_.jpg (466x340, 22K)

>guys
>guys listen
>no guys for real
>sticks....
>on top!

Platforming game? Doesn't matter, the analog stick is more than fine. For fighting games, the PS4 controller is the best option comparing the two, though they both aren't great.

>>Platforming game? Doesn't matter, the analog stick is more than fine.

t. born after 1990

Whoops wrong image lol
Here you go OP: amazon.com/Mayflash-Dreamcast-Controller-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00K7YK0YA/ref=asc_df_B00K7YK0YA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309804208987&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1623740358567424463&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010784&hvtargid=pla-627807310517&psc=1

Attached: Sega-Dreamcast-Controller-wVMU-FL222__24118.1532903141.1280.1280.jpg (900x900, 38K)

I've had a Logitech F310 gamepad for about 3 years now and it's done well for any game I've used it to play. It has a Dinput and Xinput switch on the back so it can be used with pretty much everything. It was also only 16 dollars which is a fucking bargain. Only thing I kinda don't like about it is the back triggers are a little bit crap.

Attached: f310.jpg (300x225, 9K)

it's surprisingly comfortable, but weird to get used to
>sticks in 2d platforming
disgusting
I love the DC library but the controller is honestly horrible

The DS4 really isn't as bad as the meme dictates. I have both, and usually I prefer the DS4 for everything. It feels overall smaller than the xbone controller and my only gripe with it is the battery life.

xbone controller is good for platformers and is the far superior controller in general.

I'm not gunna say anything about the controller as a whole, but whooping ass in any street fighter with that particular D-Pad is the shit

i got mine for free at a garage sale
i beat DS3 and DS remastered, and the NG+ with it

do you notice input lag when playing wireless with pc?

afaik xbone uses wifi direct with the dongle,
and ds4 bluetooth?

idk, for me its dpad felt chunky and odd, but it is very responsive

Both the ds4 and the xbone controller have awful dpads, get an 8bitdo if you want to play platformers

nvm guys, I'll use my hacked Vita as a usb controller

I prefer the dualshock for games that primarily use the d-pad due to the placement, and alternatively I prefer the xbone for joystick heavy games.

I tried a DS4 a little while ago for the first time at a friend's house and I was surprised just how cheap it felt. Like if I gripped it or pressed buttons a little too hard the thing would just snap.

>meme keyboard
So you fell for /g/ memes, huh?
Anyway, 8bitdo just released Genesis controller, if d-pad as good as Saturn, then it is the controller to get.

why does everybody uses controlers, when arrowkeys are both comfortable and precise tho?

there hasn't been input lag with stuff like this for close to 20 years bro. It's

>>>meme keyboard
>So you fell for /g/ memes, huh?
3 years going stronk
best keyboard for typing, every day at work I fall in love with it.

Topre is just not very suitable for gaming.

Personally I prefer the DS4. I like the 360 controller more than the DS3, but was unhappy with the Xbone controller. I use my DS4s on my PC with very minimal issues

>when arrowkeys
I don't have arrowkeys

>there hasn't been input lag with stuff like this for close to 20 years bro. It's

Attached: rum4H5-JbHVIM3ZNnW-lYAT32_Sohu66QrbxzHZyrGg.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=820621e (960x540, 127K)

Near 0. I've been playing stepmania with it for a long time and it's pretty fast.

I meant the fact that it is 80% or 60% or whatever. I never understood how you can do any work on any keyboard without F keys aside from typing.

oh wow 7 whole milliseconds, 7 whole thousands of a second

unplayable!!

shit used to matter when it was like 100ms...

>get an 8bitdo if you want to play platformers
this nigga the SF30 you say?

Attached: 71FslKfTvLL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x784, 107K)

the fuck; is the chart wrong?
how is DS4 wired slower than wireless?

>Anyway, 8bitdo just released Genesis controller, if d-pad as good as Saturn, then it is the controller to get.

The genesis d-pad is not the same as the saturn at all, and more importantly, the 8bitdo pads are not the same as the pads they are supposed to emulate.

To this day nobody has made a single controller with a dpad as good as the saturn, I really just can't understand why, that was 25 years ago

I've only used the DS4, it works just fine on PC.
Steam even has a feature that makes games that don't support DS4 natively think that you're using an xbox controller

DS4 is fine

You just posted a graph showing wireless has less or the same latency than wired on average.

>I never understood how you can do any work on any keyboard without F keys aside from typing.
I am now faster with F+key because my fingers never leave "home row"

>Buying a Wii U pro controller when the Switch pro controller does everything better and has support on Steam

Attached: 1551308817340.gif (245x245, 969K)

I have one, it was dirt cheap at the time. It's alright. dpad isn't as good as official snes pads though.

>how is DS4 wired slower than wireless?
Blutetooth stays on and creates infetterence

switch pro controller dpad is poor so isn't a good recommendation for what OP wants. Also it's easy to connect a wii u pro to pc.

Xbone dpad is trash tier and the controller is pretty cheap overall. Don't fall for the meme

8bitdos looks SMALL

do you get cramps after a bit?

Attached: chinatsu.jpg (1200x675, 46K)

that makes literally no sense

it's BS, DS4Windows allows you to see how much latency you have, and it's about 4 when wired

>Is the DS4 d-pad really unreachable?
how? do people have baby sized thumbs?

Every controller "has support on steam" now

>did not get the clue with infetterence

it doesn't stay on, lol, your PC won't detect it, hello

>>>Is the DS4 d-pad really unreachable?
>how? do people have baby sized thumbs?
kek I meant quality wise

Attached: aspe-chan (3).png (465x210, 87K)

DS4

Attached: pcgamepads.jpg (1200x1444, 394K)

What? The DS4 dpad is in an easier to reach position than when it's in the bottom position like the Xbone or Switch controllers

Wait for the sn30pro+ if you can

The xbox360 and xbone Dpads are literally the worst Dpads you could possibly have on a controller

Also I have no clue what you mean by "unreachable", the DS4 has been the top controller without question for years now

see

>hurr get ds4 cuz u can use da light bar and da touch pad

remidner if you buy a ds4 you're wasting money on absolutely useless garbage like a light bar that can't be turned off and a useless touchpad

>Also I have no clue what you mean by "unreachable", the DS4 has been the top controller without question for years now
QUALITY WISE

? xbone dpad is totally different universe than 360 dpad

first edition xbone was bad, its different now

can't really talk about the xbone but I have a DS4 and played megamam11 and cuphead on it just fine

>hurr get ds4 cuz it has better configuration options so you can use it on more games both old and new

>Unreachable
>Quality

How in the fuck are these two words related?

there's a 50/50 chance the dpad will be shit
I won the cpinflip :^)

>it has better configuration options by not having compatabiltiy out of the box

rofl

top quality
unreachable

like top of the mountain

are you ESL?

>light bar that can't be turned off
The PC sure is amazing since tools for using the controller allow you to turn off the lightbar

>using a controller with non-aligned analog sticks
Disgusting. Just get a DS4.

yeah and when buying the xbone you're paying the same for things that aren't there
and enjoy stick aiming like a retard while us gyrochards approach mouse levels of accuracy

>yeah and when buying the xbone you're paying the same for things that aren't there
to be honest xbone is 45€ and ds4 is 60€

And I can use XimputPlus to "downgrade" any Xinput controller to DInput. Since you have to use DS4Windows to begin with, it's a tie. Touchpad is nice to have sometimes though.

The Dualshock control layout is just ergonomic branding designed to make people used to its layout have a hard time using other systems, despite them knowing that it encourages RSI-inducing habits, such as the 'claw grip' and a sub-optimal way to hold one's thumb, as on the other controllers it's in the thumb's neutral sitting position, but on Sony systems it's not, leading to prolonged, low-level nerve pinching.

45 and 50 in my cunt

>claw grip
No one

I repeat, NO ONE, does this in real life.

Attached: 3sAY3Pt.jpg (1496x1648, 229K)

neither does the 360 controller
hook up your 360 pad to any pre-2005 PC game and see what happens

They are both absolute shit even if they are different

Why not? You have F and J bumps. Switch to ESDF and you're good to go.

Xinput Plus is good, but it hooks into the game's executable instead of being a system-wide thing like DS4Windows. It doesn't work for every game even then, like NFS Underground 1 and 2. The POV buttons are broken there so it's pretty much unusable. On DS4windows you can emulate a 360 controller's dinput mode but switch buttons and axes around to get what you want.

everyone who has ever been good at any souls game or bloodborne has had to do this.

>afaik xbone uses wifi direct with the dongle,
The original xbone controllers did something weird. For the past few years xbone controllers have been using bluetooth.

>useless touchpad
Mouse input is useless?

>Why not?
it's not about the layout, it's about the mechanism under the key.

Topre is cushioned spring, it's not suitable for fast repeated actuation.

>posts photograph of someone doing it in real life

who is talking about 360 controllers?

who the fuck cares about pre-2005 PC games? old ass PC games played with a controller is not really anything of a consideration to anyone

what the fuck are you goign to play, x-com enforcer?

when im playing speedrunninger (holy shit i meant to write speedrunners, i think i type nigger too much) i make a WP symbol and put my thumb on square and curl the rest around the other face buttons

>>
>who the fuck cares about pre-2005 PC games?
fuck you

You don't need to use any of this crap anymore

Launch your game through steam and use steams best in class controller configuration support

I think he meant function keys.

I use this. Decent construction, can switch between x360 mode, generic usb and android mode, and it's got turbo so I can cheat at shmups.

Attached: 71CYjZqBnZL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 199K)

>Being retarded enough to miss his sentence were it's shown he's talking about playing PC games with a controller, and just about none in the early 2000s and before were designed with a controller in mind

>I think he meant function keys.
yes me too.
arrows and shit are under my finger from home row, I just need to add fn

Steam is worse than Xinput Plus. It only hooks into the game's exe instead of a global thing like DS4Windows. There are a fair few games that Steam's input won't support and its configuration is quite lacking.

no really tlel me all the fucking great pre 2005 PC games that need to be played by a controller

"PC games worth playing" "PC games played with a controller" and "PC games before 2005" are not 3 circles that fucking intersect. wtf you gonna play, jazz jackrabbit?

Is the analog stick on the shitbox unreachable?
>I have neither
Then ignore the first thing I posted.
Shitbox if you want it easy, DS4 if you want a comfy controller that plays well with every retro game, and also works with CEMU since it have built in gyro so you can mimic the WiiU and possibly Switch if YUZU implements it as well.

>There are a fair few games that Steam's input won't support
No there aren't
>and its configuration is quite lacking.
it has the most complex configuration options by far of any possible option. Nothing else lets you do action sets and menus and all the crazy shit the steam controller configurer can do

"It only hooks into the game's exe instead of a global thing like DS4Windows" is utterly meaningless in practice

It's pretty common in competitive gaming, and those that do it tend to be the ones who end up developing RSI problems, at least moreso in proportion to those that don't.

>and also works with CEMU since it have built in gyro so you can mimic the WiiU and possibly Switch if YUZU implements it as well.

Interesting

DS4 and Xbone controller both suck for platforming, the d-pads were "designed" for menus so they cheaped out on materials
which is a shame because sony made the Vita which has the best platforming d-pad known to man and they refuse to put it on the playstation controller

zoomer spotted
PC games always had pad support. Racing games, platformers, action games, console ports. Want to play Tony Hawk with a 360 pad? tough shit you can't. But you can with DS4windows.

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck he's talking about. Turning the lightbar off is easy. On the other hand, the xbone controller will shine an undimmable bright white LED in your face.

Interdasting indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=gU_MAc9-oEQ

>>It's pretty common in competitive gaming,
they develop(ed) much bigger issues in their life than rsi

>PC games always had pad support.

actual fucking zoomer spotted rofl

DONT BUY the xbox one, the shoulder buttons become loose over time, it's a shit

>which is a shame because sony made the Vita which has the best platforming d-pad known to man and they refuse to put it on the playstation controller

I actually have a cracked Vita 1000 and I will try to use it as usb pad tonight.
There's a plugin for it

OK GUYS
OP HERE
THANK YOU ALL SO FAR

Now I'm wondering between 8bitdo SF30 Pro and DS4

Attached: excitedloli.gif (600x313, 860K)

>No there aren't
Yes there are. I came across a fuckton of games Steam's input wouldn't work with. NFS games didn't work, OutRun didn't work, Tony Hawk games didn't work.
>it has the most complex configuration options by far of any possible option. Nothing else lets you do action sets and menus and all the crazy shit the steam controller configurer can do
Not really. You can swap buttons around and make macros but that's about it. You can't swap axes around like DS4Windows and Xinput Plus can which is arguably the most important thing you'd want to change.

ds4. no contest. its nearly the same price and built to a way better standard and has lower lag. you can buy an adapter to make it work on switch as well

>No there aren't
I haven't had a problem with it in any Steam game, it's worked in every standalone non-Steam game I've tried, but for games that have their own launcher or prevent Steam from hooking into for some reason, it won't work.

Why can't I buy this thign?

Attached: 1.jpg (1500x960, 306K)

>the shoulder buttons become loose over time

No they do not. Stop being so rough with your toys junior

you lost listening to idiots, /thread

go ahead and buy chink garbage instead of the xbone pad which microsoft spent $100 million R&D on

need I remind you of the quality of the PS4 pad, sony somehow got this wrong. go ahead and gulp it up though genius.

Attached: PeterDS4-IL.jpg (960x400, 54K)

>which microsoft spent $100 million R&D on
you are in every controller thread posting this line

mmmmm

this happened on the v1 which has been oop for over 4 years and is fixed by a $8 cap

they do, i do normal use of the xbox one controller, the shoulder bouttons have become loose, it clicks but the game doesn't register, they used some shit mechanism that loosens over time, and i must press harder than the click to get the controller to register input

>fixed by blah blah

why did it ever happen? ever?

>>need I remind you of the quality of the PS4 pad,
>posts stick

>Posting first run controller issues 5.5 years after it was released

Remember when they put the DS3 controller L2/R2 buttons on swivel hinges? So your finger would have to be able to twist at the base to properly pull them down all the way?

tell me more about this, i want to fix that shit controller

you, or someone else, dropped the controller. what you are describign is a physically broken controller which has been dropped. this is not a problem that the controller is known to have, period, you are the only person ever to say this shit.

might i remind you of the bone l33t controllers? why did the issues with those ever happen??

>5.5 years after

Attached: time.jpg (550x366, 60K)

it hasnt been dropped at all

Remember when you had to fix it with a floppy disk hinge?

I do that for Dark Souls games and Smash.

>Dark Souls games and Smash.
so you are a living meme

not a mass market product nobody cares nobody bought it.

>microsoft
>spend $100m R&D
>create hundreds of prototypes of the controller that are 1mm different in size in different dimensions until controller is perfect

>sony
>make worse version of dual shock 3
>flat shiny area where the dpad and buttons sit looks like a prototype
>stick material literally tears off, this is after little nubby sticks like this have had rubbery coatings since the 1940s or 50s in industrial applications, and consoles have had them for 20+ years

xbone controller or bust

The dpads on both those controllers are shit. If you want a good dpad go saturn controller or a mid 2000s saitek

I don't, but tell me more!

theyre at any jb or target, just a rubber cap that goes over them. the other choice is go to a jaycar or ebay and buy v2 sticks

i agree the bone is nice but honestly i prefer the feel of the ds4 way more, and it has more functions than the bone does.

If by 'living meme' you mean 'REALLY COOOOL' then yes, they are.

>not suitable for fast repeated actuation
Elaborate. Do you have some disability that makes typing a chore or something? Because all a keyboard does is fast repeated actuation.

royfuss.com/royfuss/2013/07/replace-a-broken-playstation-3-controller-trigger/

Don't fool yourself, it's not worse than the DS3, just differently bad.

>Pro + is being fine tuned to *perfect* controller. We're on schedule for a summer 2019 release :)

twitter.com/8BitDo/status/1090236397582053377

what?
other systems don't have paddles on the back either, and that's why people claw on the DS4 (they do the same thing on the xbox controller)

or are you pretending?

What's better for BIG HANDS? Xbone controller or Switch pro?

this is fucking bullshit
how is this going to develop anything?

>everyone shills 8Bitdo SF30
>check r2 and l2
>literal buttons
Just pick a clone of the DS2 then, it's 5 bucks and the d pad is just as good.

the xbone controller is just roundly a way better controller than switch pro. the xbone is a little bigger.

there's a reaosn in these threads you see like 40% for DS4 and 40% for xbone, those are the best.

>muh analog triggers

>need any game with increasing and decreasing speed
>literally cannot play it
Nice shit.

>>need any game with increasing and decreasing speed
right stick

not even this, we all played racing games fine before analog triggers were a thing

learn to feather the button you fuckin 2019 ass generation fortnite nigger who cant throw a dragon punch

Hell, now that you make me think about it, you can't even play Super Mario Sunshine, because run and gun requires a light touch on the trigger.
Oh, I forgot to mention I'm heterosexual, I don't use such horrific solutions, like "push analog down to run" vomit in RE2r.

You can't feather non analog buttons you fucking chimp. It's all or nothing.

>play mario nintendo shit
>I'm heterosexual

>never played racing games on ps1 with right analog to accelerate and brake
suck my boomer cock, kid

feather it by pressing it repeatedly you fuckin video game insect. get shit on garbage

Because you're putting maintained pressure onto areas because you're not using a relaxed grip, but rather one that requires a certain amount of trivial effort to hold. That adds up over time.

for 2d platformers, I specifically use keyboard, arrow keys for movement and usually A S D F Z X C V for action keys this way I can easily press multiple buttons if needed and reacting is super easy since my fingers are always on top of main buttons

Attached: autism-awareness-child-t-shirt-to-know-me-is-to-love-me-27.gif.jpg (1000x1163, 129K)

i know you're a dumb bing bing wahoo nintendie who can't fathom that not every game is as simple as Mario, but come on. You're not really this dumb are you?

I don't have it now but I remember seeing a chart which was actually for arcade stick pcbs, I remember the best one in terms of input lag was akishop ps/360 and second best was ds4 pcb. and brook one was way down on rating of input lag and brook pcb is considered standard pcb for arcade sticks so ds4 is pretty much okay.
but ds4 dpad sucks

>but ds4 dpad sucks
?

buy wired xbone controller. Cheaper and don't have to fuck with batterys

>wired
don't they all have a usb port? wtf

There are no wired or wireless editions, you can use the controller both ways and wireless is way better since USB is a piece of shit that unplugs easily, just get eneloop batteries which last for 24 hours of usage.

fuck you nigger I am already insecure that I only know how to play games on keyboard.
from my limited play time with ds4 I didn't like it, diagonals were kinda hard to do, but that's probably my opinion since a large part of my life I only played games with keyboard. but I think diagonals actually are problems with sony controllers

I did the left-handed claw grip for Monster Hunter on PSP.

but how is having to move your thumb from the thumbstick to the buttons all the time and super fast a better solution?

the better solutions is a mouse

You have to do this in specific situations where you need both the analog and face buttons at the same time.

This. Xbone controllers are natively supported in Windows 10. Very, very easy to connect and use. I use on for all my games except FPS's.

You could probably get a used one from Craigslist or Ebay for cheap.

>used controllers

Attached: skeet.jpg (431x720, 86K)

If you can't make a choice, go with xbone

You don't have to fuss around with setup. It just works

those analog are an annoyance when pressing the face buttons.

I hope they fix that issue with the Pro+

>I hope they fix that issue with the Pro+
they don't since it's just the same +grip
see here

Dude made it seem like he can't just go out and drop 150 on a brand new Elite. If he's serious about gaming as his main hobby... get an elite.

ds4 is great, has integration with steam too

Attached: use-ps4-controller-on-steam.jpg (647x368, 23K)

I like the d-pad on the DS4 so much that I used it when I most recently replayed Cave Story. If you have the money to put down, I'd suggest getting a Model 2 Saturn controller and an adapter, but the DS4 is perfectly serviceable for most platformers.

yeah right, you can't develop RSI from using a mouse, suuuuuure

Attached: 33874748663_1572f22c91_b.jpg (1024x1024, 197K)