LMAO WHAT NOW MELEEFAGS???? I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT WOULD NEVER DIE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO WHAT NOW MELEEFAGS???? I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT WOULD NEVER DIE! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: rip.png (1440x2598, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NovaSpec/status/1100825569523052547
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

twitter.com/NovaSpec/status/1100825569523052547

>Spend the last year shitting on Evo
>boo other games
>demand best of 5 sets thru top 64

"Melee doesnt need Evo"
>melee gets dropped
"wtf wiz and the fgc are assholes, why do they hate us :("

Attached: 1829909629.jpg (720x720, 57K)

We stil have unique trophies retard and an unique break the targets retard.

Also best design for Link and Fox

Brawl had the best Link design, but yeah, you're about Fox.

It's over bros. As a lifelong Smashfag I have to admit that we all need to kill ourselves now. Don't fight it. It's what we deserve.

Attached: ....jpg (1750x2500, 169K)

>smashfag
uh we doing just fine

you meleefags however...

Attached: 1490136920020.jpg (498x561, 46K)

SEETHING

We got the best Ridley

Melee was dropped from EVO before. I don't see why this is a big deal. Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, KoF, Third Strike are all gone too, it doesn't change the fact they're great games. Melee will probably even come back just because of sheer popularity, it's happened many times before.

Attached: 1551066428034.png (512x240, 13K)

all which have nothing to do with the tournament scene

HAHAHAHAHA youre a fag who needs wave dashing to hold your hand to be good

Attached: D0iYQ6yUcAAf3N1.jpg large.jpg (480x480, 39K)

Melee is not going to come back because the logistics are utterly fucked. Imagine hosting a huge major tournament that has 9 main games, and only one of them, which is in the top three for entrant numbers, needs hardware that's no longer in production for almost every single aspect of it. Console, CRT, game discs, etc And this is the only game in the whole lineup that needs them.

There needs to be space that's going to be used exclusively for Melee pools that also deals with the huge number of players that are playing it, yet only a small portion of the old guard are going to make any meaningful place in the whole tournament, when every other game can at least have surprise contenders which you can see just from last year alone (Someone getting top 4 in Under Night side tournament with the literal bottom tier, American breaking through the Koreans in Tekken, etc)

Melee is literally too stale and stagnant to be worth the time for a tournament like EVO to cater to them when Melee already has several majors for itself.

Fuck off Ultimate zoomer, Melee is a legendary game, it will never die.

People wont stop playing it, sure, but people still play even SF2CE.
It wont ever be main stage again, accept it.
t. late 30s boomer

You're right, because it has its own tournaments to keep it alive. It doesn't need EVO and EVO doesn't need it.

Nah, Melee was the first time we ever saw Ridley in 3D. This was groundbreaking.

Also Meta Knight since he had a trophy

Attached: Dy6UQixUcAAJOk6.jpg (1029x593, 63K)

the solution is simple: deodorant amiibo

Attached: 1541083746738.jpg (240x240, 9K)

It can happen for all we know. The hardware problems isn't as bad as people claim it to be, EVO 2018 is proof of that. Melee was the 2nd most viewed game last year, the large playerbase and community it has is still a strong presence. Even if it doesn't come back right away next year, the possibility is always there. Also, Melee's meta is always evolving. It's been 50 million years and the landscape of the game is always changing. Literally no other game in EVO history goes through so much evolution. No SF, Tekken, KoF, SC, etc. game does this. Brawl and 4 were so bad they were hilariously forgotten quickly. The controversy about it not being on EVO will just put more attention to the game. People have been saying "Melee is dead" for decades but it never happens. Seeing the reception at Genesis 6 this year and EVO last year, I highly doubt people would just stop playing the game.

Attached: Top_Tournaments_by_Hours_Watched_EVO_2018.png (4000x2250, 156K)

melee will never die tho

Attached: melee tweets.png (245x351, 18K)

t. melee faggot that's never interacted with the FGC that created EVO in the first place.

Attached: fuck melee.jpg (963x721, 132K)

PRESS D TO DAB ON MELEESTINKIES

D

There's really only one thing that can kill Melee. If Sakurai somehow gets the balls and ambition to make a fast-paced Smash with insanely high skill ceiling again. Take away rage mechanic (punishing players for being good), put back edgehogging (again, punishing the players who are winning), put more movement options, make the game faster and more exciting, and put back the huge combo potential in. Melee has a shit roster but its fun gameplay is what makes it so appealing. Just stop punishing players who are actually good and make it about gameplay again.

>Melee's meta is always evolving
It literally hasn't changed in 2 years.

Didn't Melee end up back on Sunday again the year after that autistic reeing?

>upsets and seeing a mid tier sometimes are the only reasons to watch games

Attached: 1550730551080.png (1488x1392, 111K)

That pasta has been debunked everytime it's brought up. Melee's meta has been constantly evolving, even just recently. If you actually knew anything about FGC or EVO you would have known Melee was dropped before and what's happening now isn't that big of a deal. But you didn't know that.

oof

Attached: melee 20xx.jpg (2048x1152, 299K)

>Melee's meta has been constantly evolving,
More like devolving. See

Take a shower, Boomer.
DI-NO-SA-UR a dinosaur

This was made someone that’s never owned an amiibo or deorderant. Mario was common as fuck and deodorant is more than $5.

Rules changed, and prevalent characters are changing.

Attached: Top 8.jpg (2048x1152, 417K)

I thought you said it didn't change? Now you're saying it did change. Congrats, you played yourself.

imagine being upset that an almost 20 year game isn't showing up to a tournament.

You can get deodorant for $5 USD if you get cheap stuff. Do you live in some shitty country with massive taxes or inflation?

>deodorant is more than $5.
No its not man....

>not getting gold plated deodorant blessed by the Pope for $1000 each
fuckin poor fag

>In favor

No, Smash 4 was dropped in favor of Ultimate
Melee was just dropped

I was up that night and it was either Melee babies losing their salt, or everyone else dunking on them.

I personally hope melee stays gone. Ultimate is the better game all around but autistics can't move passed it because of literal retardation.

>44 entrants

If you're so dedicated to hating melee why do you take less than 5 seconds to do any actual research?

Did you make this? Do you actually think a deodorant is enough instead of washing yourself? Do you shower more than once a week? Please tell me you do, please tell me you do it every day and don't instead use a deodorant and think you're okay.

I've not heard of this tournament nor have I heard a single one of those names before.
>44 entrants
Not worth shit. This is basically a local monthly in some areas.

Attached: 3319-2019-03-02-01;43;10.png (1061x536, 94K)

user you must smell divine

The most outspoken and obnoxious Melee player was cool with it. A literal autistic man and Melee "God" was cool with it. The only ones pretending there's an outrage is a few shitposters on Yea Forums. People who didn't know Melee was dropped from EVO before and think this is something new.

Attached: 154355466.jpg (914x1280, 104K)

Day of the Soap is upon us

Attached: 20.jpg (1766x2048, 256K)

Becuase the truth doesn't allow one to crow "based cringe stinky *wojak*". If people actually research and knew about the things they spoke of, Yea Forums as a whole would be unrecognizable.
There's a reason Kermit is popular despite being completely wrong. The don't even notice when he posts his long paragraphs 30 seconds after the OP post.

NO LADS NONONONO IT CAN'T BE NOW I LITERALLY CAN'T PLAY MELEE ANYMORE
HELP ME BROS AM SHAKING

>changing the goalpost
>I've not heard (anecdotal reasoning)
A tournament is a tournament. Not to mention the biggest meme about Melee has always been Fox vs Fox. When Jigglypuff is now the most dominant character. Rules are now being changed too. Some characters change placings in the tier list. To say that Melee's meta stays the same is genuinely retarded when it's meta evolved more than Brawl, 4, any SF game, any KoF game, any VF game, and so on. You got debunked everytime because you don't actually have context on anything.

Well I buy deodorant without aluminum in it and it’s at least $8-10.

>linking to some random bumfuck tournament with a bunch of Peach and Jig mains
And? Also Jigs and Peach have been pushed way before 2 years ago so that doesn't disprove my point.

>OP didn't know Mario was common
>OP constantly samefags with all caps because he's seething over a 50 year old ancient gamecube game
>OP says the meta hasn't changed and then admits it changed

This thread is proof that Melee will always live rent free in Yea Forums. For all eternity, whether you like it or not. The replies to this post is proof of that.

Attached: RentFree.jpg (669x500, 120K)

>Rules changed,
Which means the game itself isn't evolving naturally. You could make a rule that bans all smash attacks.That would change how all the game works and likely lead to a new meta but any game could do that. And the recent attempts at bans are just cause people don't like dealing with certain things

>prevalent characters are changing.
That doesn't require a change in tech, simply becoming more consistent at what is there

He's right. He's fucking right and you pieces of shit know it, but of course you must troll XDD and can't face reality.
Melee is the peak of fighting games and it died for a fucking Samurai Spirits reboot that looks ATROCIOUS and MORTAL KOMBAT? REALLY MORTAL FUCKING KOMBAT AT EVO? Fuck these idiots, fuck them all.
Jesus christ i never been so angry in my whole life