Name a sadder ending, pro tip: You fucking cannot

Name a sadder ending, pro tip: You fucking cannot

Attached: FFX Ending.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TfugoiyWeO4?t=134
youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA
youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw
youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA
youtube.com/watch?v=NBiUwrxbqL8
youtube.com/watch?v=lyyqKg3wDbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to zanarkand is really great soundtrack that really sells the scene

A thread like this was just made and it had a way better OP. That game being SOTC which is truly tragic and horrifying.

Attached: shadow_of_the_colossus.jpg (1920x1200, 896K)

MGS 3 ending. Check this 3.

the ending to the sequel where tidus head gets blown off and yuna brings him back to life and breaks up with him, thus ruining everything about X

Attached: 1475434559145.png (600x525, 94K)

you probably cant even explain why this scene is sad in the first place

Anyone who disagrees is a pleb tier faggot who never played this 10/10 masterpiece

Attached: mio_strangling_mayu1.png (600x464, 351K)

End of the 3rd Reich

that image has been ruined for me..

Attached: 1506139124472.png (1051x717, 680K)

Attached: gamma.png (611x459, 647K)

i like thinking x-2 isnt actually canon and was just some fever dream some drunk guy thought up

>that annoying af character vanishes into thin air and the qt gf goes on to get pumped and dumped by all of spira in the sequel
name one part about this ending that was "sad"

this wins.

Thats not X-2. Thats some whoreshit novella that flat out isn't canon and everyone massively blows what actually happens out of proportion. X-2 is a great game. I get how some people can get put off from by the shift from X but get past that and the game is a worthy sequel

Chakan the Forever Man
youtu.be/TfugoiyWeO4?t=134

Attached: chakan.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>MGS3
>NieR Gestalt
>RDR2
>Yakuza 0
>Persona 2: Innocent Sin
I could probably name more but in my opinion P2IS has one of the saddest endings I've seen

Witch's House. I'm still mad to this day, it's the only time I've attempted to send hate mail over how mad I was.

>MGS3
>Yakuza 0
>RDR2
I like all three of these games but their endings weren't more sad than FFX's. Yakuza 0 especially....what even was sad about the ending besides Majima's ending being bittersweet?

What's so "horrifying" about SotC?

the rest of SA was so cheesy and then they pull this shit
it's a good thing gamma was a robot honestly, that way he didn't suffer from those weird facial expressions

I never understood why people consider the ending of SotC tragic

Attached: Sora disappears, vanishes, dims, fades.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA

youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw
sa
youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA

Attached: 1547261560803.jpg (767x1024, 106K)

Love story of Shuyin and Lenne was sadder than Tidus & Yuna, for me at least. Probably because both Yuna and Tidus were annoying as fuck.

I'd say Resident Evil 3, because they had to nuke the fucking city.

>NieR
youtube.com/watch?v=NBiUwrxbqL8

Meant 2, whoops

>Want to play Fatal Frame
>Get too scared after seeing the hanging room in the first 2 minutes

I don't remember Yuna being ugly like that.

Tfw the final battle is the actual ending

Attached: ITXffDA.jpg (640x360, 115K)

Damn, this ending hit me hard.

>get to the end knowing how it's going to end
>still fight hoping it would trigger some kind of alternative ending or something

i don't give a flying fuck about Tidus.....but goddammit, Auron, man, he deserves to finally rest in peace.
youtube.com/watch?v=lyyqKg3wDbg

Attached: doomersbtfo.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

This. People give it a lot of shit because it ruins the sort of 'not dying a heroes death, gunned down by simple soldiers' part of the original, but it was pretty emotional and everyone who knew how it ended was hoping the same thing.

>in the original Zack, the 1st Class Soldier, is gunned downed like a dog because Cloud was that much of a burden and the guilt drives him insane
>in crisis core it takes a literal army to kill him and Cloud has nothing to do with it
Crisis Core is for retards and just proves fuckheads like Nomura do not get what made ff7 good

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2_20181215182150.png (3072x1728, 3.32M)

>lose all your reels over the course of the fight
>ending is literally the intro for ff7
>to be continued
sasuga

Attached: 1390416253434.png (447x483, 200K)

You are 100% right, but still, it was a pretty kino ending

>Even the best possible ending in the ps2 version is still partially tragic with Mio becoming permanently blind and her sister is actually glad since now Mio has no choice but to rely on her.

Attached: 640full-mio-amakura.jpg (640x480, 22K)

Shadow Hearts
Valiant Hearts
NIER

Seconding Shadow Hearts especially if you worked to get the good ending, but the ending for Covenant implies good ending becomes canon eventually.

It is tragic. Wander wants to bring his GF back to life, so he makes a pact with a demon, and ends up dying immediately after he goes through this whole rigamaroo. That's textbook tragedy.

He doesn't die though?

It's pretty interesting that Dorman upholds his end of the bargain, the only reason people don't like him and the colossi is that they look scary

This ending was fuck awful though. Original one tells much better story.

Attached: clem.gif (500x281, 914K)

ff9 had vivi die. That was the death of an actual likeable character. That was infinitely more sad than this shit.

He doesn’t die since the creator confirmed he’s reborn as the Boy from Ico

It's not that I didn't like then -- they were just obstacles. I don't know. I was content with the game as a whole. Never saw it as sad or horrifying.

he made like a billion clones of himself tho

What was the original? It's been awhile since I played FFVII and forgot.

Bruh, he made like 4 or 6 or something. Stop exaggerating.

Not the same, Vivi was the man and top 5 FF characters. Tidus was a little bitch and bottom 5.

and each clone will make 4 or 6 clones and so on increasing exponentially

You dont get it user
That was the price of freedom

>And then X-2 happens

shadow of the colossus

X's ending would be sad if it weren't for it being so absolutely fucking stupid how the events happen.

The fayth have spent over 1000 years enslaved by Yu Yevon summoning Dream Zanarkand, a super futuristic city FULL of people living their lives. Tidus helps break the cycle so they no longer have to do this, and their response is to just fucking end ALL of it including Tidus?

Like holy shit. These unappreciative cunts REALLY can't take shifts to keep one (1) dream person going for even a couple more years, even when that's less than 0.1% of the work load they'd been doing for over 1000 years?

Fuck the fayth. Pieces of shit.

They do end up doing that

I thought Tidus had to cobble himself together out of pyreflies from the Farplane basically like an unsent.

Being reincarnated the way he was isn't the same as not dying, and Wander being essentially replaced by an infant clone of himself doesn't do much to diminish the tragedy.

I don't know if it's a tragedy. Mono gets bought back, hell even Agro some how pulls through.

>mute nobody killed a bunch of beautiful animals and got reverted to a kid
Wander was an asshole and SotC is the very definition of making a big deal over nothing.

fucking hell posts like this prove why amerimutts should never be allowed near games