Is there still a market for dedicated handheld consoles?

Is there still a market for dedicated handheld consoles?

Attached: ps-vita-playstation-vita-new-slim-model-pch2000-black-329391.4.jpg (1500x1500, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA
youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw
youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the price is only going to go up from here

I'm holding on to my n3ds for as long as I can.

Yea I just bought chrono trigger on my vita
Better get your games before the store shuts down and ebay shills triple the price

I'm still angry that my psp was stolen.

is the vita as easy to put CFW on it and turn it into a better gameboy as well as a vita, like the psp was?

if you get one with FW 3.60 it is easy as opening the web browser and going to henkaku.xyz

otherwise it's a pain, and the hack for 3.69 isn't out yet, maybe it will make it easy again.

I'm still waiting for Persona 5 port

>buys vita for persona4g
>cannot stand the game
>the rest of the library is all persona4g tier jrpg
A critical error in my judgement

Attached: so_tiresome.jpg (625x415, 34K)

Yes there is, but at this point only the kind with tech and graphics similar to current or previous gen home consoles. High end phones have been providing 'HD' content on the go for a while and the gaming community wants a piece of that pie now. It might be a huge chunk of reason behind the Switch's existence. It may struggle providing exactly frame-to-frame of what the ps4/xbone can play, but its serving that huge crowd of people who want something at lest close to that experience but with the benefit of it of having their gaming on the go while still keeping the option of being a home console. It doesn't even need to be fully mobile by going out, just enough to move around the house such as laying back on the couch, playing on the porch/backyard, playing in bed, etc. Wouldnt be surprised if Playstation or Microsoft attempt something similar.

Attached: 1550132830700.png (480x432, 15K)

really wish more indie games came out on the vita, I would love to play Hollow Knight on it. and Nvidia streaming isn't quite as good as native play.

I wish. All they need a low power machine that can play older gen games and some good original titles.
No need for touch screens or 3d effects. Just barebone hardware with low price point.
But yeah haha its wishful thinking.
Different era i think. Flagship smart phones are 1k or even 1.5k now.
We will never have a cheap portable gaming system.

Attached: 1520411523153.jpg (436x413, 38K)

I really hope Sony make another handheld because I loved the Vita, but only if they actually support it instead of dropping support after a couple of years. Imagine if we kept getting games with graphics and polish like Killzone Mercenary? Would easily be my favorite portable if it did

almost got that game but then I saw the gay ass touchscreen bullshit they forced in

I fucking hate sony and dont expect them to make any good business decision.
They never learn from their past mistakes.
Its ok to like vita but it is objectively a shit product overall and they needed to either move on like the wiiu or cut the price like the 3ds.

>3.69 isn't out yet, maybe it will make it easy again
One of the hacks is going to be a webkit like the 3.60 one, so yes.

>and they needed to either move on like the wiiu
Nintendo didnt move on from the wiiu they just simple released a new console they also didnt cut their price
3ds price was outrageous

>they just released a new product
They at least addressed the criticisms and made a better product.
>3ds price was outrageous
So is vitas price point. No changes even after poor sales numbers.

>So is vitas price point. No changes even after poor sales numbers.
Vita is like a ferrari 3ds was a barely upgraded ds

I had to pawn my PSP and many games cause I had no food. Only got $30 out of it :(

youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA

youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw

youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA

Attached: 1541658337870.jpg (659x873, 536K)

>They at least addressed the criticisms and made a better product.
They did? How exactly? It sounds like the wii u was a beta test console then

Of course. Phones and switch showcase people love portable shit. If Sony want to make a new handheld console they just have to make sure it's reasonably priced, has access to games and don't fuck over the playerbase with dumb shit like required brand sd cards.

you know damn well if they made another handheld they wouldn't deliver on any of those three things

Are you baiting?
The sony over estimated the vita hardware and falsely advertised its capabilities to other devs resulting in devs lazily ported games from more powerful consoles.
These ended up running at sub 20 fps, only barely able to run at a stable 30fps if it has been cracked.
This is one of the many problems vita has.

They made it more accessable with casual games. Better marketing.
You dont have to like the game but it is clearly selling better than the wiiu

Oh of course, I have no faith in Sony as a company. I'm just saying there is a market for it, regardless of Sony's ineptitude.

Switch is selling like hotcakes
>muh dock!
Nobody plays it docked

> I wish. All they need a low power machine that can play older gen games and some good original titles.
There are loads of chinese devices that do exactly that with some sort of Linux and emulators preinstalled.

But switch is $300.
I wish nintendo continues their sub $100 systems.

Yes but with a persistent first party support.
I still think there is a market for cheap portable systems for both sony and nintendo.
But seeing the switch is doing well, i dont think nintendo will make another cheap portable system.

I run both senpai, waiting for 3.69 this month.

Attached: IMG_20190301_093336.jpg (4000x2534, 2.99M)