You get to revive an old or dying series you love. What series is it and what will it be like?

You get to revive an old or dying series you love. What series is it and what will it be like?

Attached: 1551072994101.jpg (500x500, 61K)

Bring MachWarrior back, with the mech lab and general simulation from MechWarrior 3. Microsoft killed that franchise with MW4 by dumbing it down for casuals. It needs to go back to its roots, like it was in 3 and earlier.

Bonetown.
It'd be the same but better graphics and animation.

F-Zero where everything is improved upon from GX, and with the inclusion of a Platinum Games made beat-em-up section added for story content.

Attached: captain falcon.jpg (900x900, 70K)

System Shock 3 which takes place on a colony owned by Tetracorp or some pharmaceutical company if we dont want to keep namedropping the same corporations every game. You play as hired private security sent to investigate a distress call related to some sort of mutant containment breach (annelid glands and such things were being researched for medical reasons). Something goes terribly wrong and you are split up from your squad. It would have the same rpg mechanics as SS2 but mixed in with Deus Ex augmentations and a bioelectric energy pool for all your equipment like DX. Every weapon tree would be further fleshed out so standard weapons would get an smg and sniper rifle, exotic gets something like the opposing force spore launcher or shock gun, and energy gets a proper laser rifle.

A new shadow warrior reboot that is more like the origional but with a small bit of the past reboot. Big focus on level design, enemy variation that isn't shitty elites and elementals, and meaty gunplay

Attached: 1551222025751.jpg (194x259, 5K)

Mana Khemia

Suikoden. Make it end at 12 games, fulfilling these three arcs on the way: Hikusaak, the Sindar, and the meaning behind the 108 Stars

Attached: download.jpg (235x214, 9K)

Duke Nukem. Have it start like it's a sequel of forever but not long after the 1st level begins duke wakes up in a pod on an alien spacecraft orbiting earth. You learn you've been captured and experimented on, so you kill the aliens that captured you. You then get back and everyone has been brainwashed a la they live style and it's your job to kick some alien ass the true duke way.
Weapons are mostly the same as 3d but change the freeze ray to be more like a blast that freezes everything instantly and you can shatter them by simply running through them. And replace firefly troopers with basically the same thing but with freeze rays and call them snowflakes. I have many more ideas for enemies and weapons but that's some of the notable things.
And have an ion maiden reference at some point.

Attached: ion maiden (shelly).jpg (736x1024, 129K)

Tribes, in half a heart beat
God I miss it, anons

Never heard of it. Geek out and tell me about it, user

Everquest. But a new one in the same style as EQOA.

Attached: 220px-EverQuest_Online_Adventures_Coverart.png (220x313, 148K)

Unreal Tournament. Make it like 99 or 2K4 but with modern graphics.

All the old modes
All the old mutators
All the old characters
Modding tools

My words will never do Tribes justice. Basically the premise is
>Go fast
>Land perfect shots on other people going fast
>Capture flags
>Learn the best routes to maximize your going fastness
>Did I say go fast?
>The absolute buttclench when both teams have eachothers flags and both teams are one cap away from winning
>Pushing sandrakers of our world

The most based videogame series that ever will exist

Unreal would be amazing. Same for quake. One with a singleplayer mode and its old lovecraftian style. Truly going back to the roots

You had me at go fast, user. I shall check it out

I'd love for Quake to get a proper sequel.

I want Sam & Max back. The series my not have been perfect, but it will always be special to me.

Jet Set Radio. There's literally no other game like that (except Future), and it was great.

Thief, though the black parade could be seen as a unofficial sequel

Attached: maxresdefault (32).jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Xenogears for sure.

fuckin Jet Set Radio, direct sequel of JSRF, larger deeper history, plenty of new gangs, Hideki making the OST, custom graffiti, a combitation of JSR-JSRF graffiti painting mechanic, local and online multiplayer where you have to mark your territory against other gangs/players across all Tokyo and the modes from JSRF, shit ton of post end game stuff to do, maybe even DLC. Even i would buy a switch for that fuckin game

also the stats from the rudies have to actually have weight on the gameplay

Good choice!

They should fund aging boomers to revive old series.

A new HeXen. Fuck raven for teasing me awhile back. It would probably be shit desu

Attached: 1463157490809.jpg (2016x1246, 235K)

1) Neverwinter nights (The old Module/Toolkit one). I just need the toolkit to be as accessible/more accessible than the Bethesda toolkit and pretty much that's it, don't even really need anything more than a few base modules, not some grand campaign. It's top-down but with the ability to go third person. D&D 5e. Plays like proper NWN1 but updated with modern ergonomics - you can add more hotkeys/taskbars than just one, macros, ectera. Main selling point is the ability to Dungeon Master and make modules.

2) Prince of Persia, 2008 style aesthetic/stylized approach but original trilogy gameplay (Action-platforming). Not brown and bloom but try and capture the aesthetic style of Persian medieval miniatures in a 3d format. Like the original trilogy platforming, death and various enemies to fight but like 2008 feature boss fights as a (more) central element. I'm not 100% sure on the persian miniatures given life idea, but I liked the attempt of 2008's to do something unique. It's a reboot telling the original story with Dastan and Farah and expanding it in a new direction. I like the role of Zoroastrianism in 2008's so I'd keep that and bring back Elika.

It could be that the first is a retelling of the initial arc, the second instead of being grimdark is the Prince is now abusing the sands of time and living like a epicurean bachelor until the misuse brings him into contact with Erika and witnessing how he's enabling Angra Mainyu with his misuse of the relic. The finale then being his maturation. Game 1 is Prince of Persia, Game 2 is Vagabond of Persia, game 3 is King of Persia.

Attached: Iranischer_Meister_001.jpg (1576x2067, 423K)

half-life
opposing force 2

A half life battle royale

HL
please come back please

Republic Commando. Find Sev.

Attached: 1539658586119.jpg (468x431, 17K)

Metal Gear Online.

Instead of focusing on an autistic class-based system, the gamemodes are pretty much a copy and paste of MGO3, albeit there's additionals that more closely resemble a stealth-based PvP game - think Sabotage, but instead of forced non-lethal/lethal play, a focus on getting past the enemy team to a certain point or something.

Hell, MGO3 is still okay, at least if nobody has a gay build or is a loser. The maps are still to this day absolutely fucking massive and have dozens of flank routes and neat areas, and are absolutely amazing looking on fox engine. too bad the game kinda sucked

Also fucking more music to choose from, I loved listening to MGS integral's advanced mode from vr missions

>find Sev
I miss him bros

Attached: E621F38E-3823-4BA6-8ED0-AEEDD436DE10.jpg (500x500, 52K)

Legacy of Kain

Guild Wars
More of the same- dual class system, assload of interesting skills, instances, stong PvE content with mobs that operate mostly the same way you do, capped gear, itemisation mostly based on cosmetics and the resulting economy, titles, and so on
Just some QoL upgrades

I make a Deus Ex 2, an actual sequel to the original Deus Ex
but this one would just follow the "JC works with Everett and the Illuminati" ending and the player would still be Alex Denton (but a better one)
and the setting wouldn't be stupidly futuristic sci fi like Invisible War

Dishonored, I like Arkane and all their games.

This. Also VR support fuck you its perfect for simulators.

This gave me nightmares when I first played it on a PS Demo disk. The loud, echoing footsteps with the powerful thumps of the cubes and total silence elsewhere all adds up to be pretty nightmarish.

The entire fucking MMO genre needs to go back to being group based dungeon crawling games with vast open outside worlds and winding, labyrinthine dungeons to explore, and not these daily/weekly boss rush turbogrind korean chink shit that barely even counts as an MMO because you can't have more then 10 people in the open world without some kind of room/phasing/sharding shit.

And cut it out with the action combat meme, if anything adopt dark souls/classic monster hunter style combat where your stats matter, but your combat system is simple, understandable, but fun and engaging.

Simply put, open world online D&D, what MMOs were supposed to be in the first place.

I'd make a Half Life 3 trading card game and then come here

Mega Man Legends.
Please.
Please.

Neverwinter Nights, but turn-based and using 4e rules, with an even better toolset that lets you change pretty much everything about the game.