Plays Wii games

>plays Wii games
>plays Gamecube games (with original controllers)
>easiest system to mod
>all virtual console games available easily
>NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, GBA, etc. emulate perfectly

Explain why the Wii is not an essential system

Attached: wii.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

Because the Wii U does all of that but can also play Wii U games.

fpbp

spsbp

Is it as easy to mod?

Can you use gamecube controllers with the USB thing on emulators?

Wii U has a few negatives to it, like virtual console being too dark and it being unable to do 240p. Apparently the video quality of the vWii mode has a few problems too but it might end up better than just plugging component cables directly into your TV

yes
yes. You can also play gamecube games on the gamepad

I still remember losing my grip... it fell and hit the ladder and went over the banister and kept tumbling. I wish I'd fallen instead.

Dolphin can emulate all of the Wii games at 4k.

>480i
>shovelware library
>mandatory wagglan
>PC is a million times better at all this including playing Wii games
>nothing special about it to justify keeping it hooked like all the other consoles that got hacked

the wii u was never not overpriced
the wii has been dirt cheap since like 2012

not actually all of them, no. I fucking wish it did though

This
I bought a used Wii U, hacked it, basically have every nintendo game at your disposal

this. It also plays DS games really well

Lit

Better to just get a wii u

i do all that on my PC

This
i
Stop being cheap and use a component cable retard

You forgot to mention that it's capable of doing 480p for GC (not best pic quality, but still better than composite) and 240p for the older games.
And yet, I have it tucked away, because I have this thing called computer, that's capable of all this and much, much more.

good luck running every GCN and Wii game on PC, and especially good luck getting controls to work well in wii games in dolphin as it's a pain in the ass.

I just use real wiimotes with the games they work fine.

well for me my wiimotes just don't want to connect to my PC, I even tried changing the bluetooth drivers but still no dice.

You do know you can just pair wiimotes to Dolphin, right? And yet, Dolphin plays every game I want to play perfectly and then some. Ultra high resolutions, ultrawide hacks, HD texture mods. You are an idiot if you have a capable PC and stay with the cuck big boi gamecube.

see pairing wiimotes is a nightmare as they have some weird arbitrary bullshit going on

also I play on my wii u with the gamepad in a comfy bed, I sold my wii years ago.

not as easy as Wii. Wii is literally the easiest console to mod. Tried Wii U and they told me something was wrong and now I have to hunt down some extra file to unfuck it, and start all over.

The 240p stuff is fantastic if you start emulating on a CRT.

One that has component cables, anyway.
And yet, I prefer retroarch + filters.

>ATi / AMD took credit for designing a graphic chip they didn't make
How typical.

Attached: artx.jpg (600x1067, 107K)

Whatever happened to ATI anyway?

Purchased by AMD.

you can't reasonably play skyward sword without a wiimote though, and at point you might as well just play on the wii