EDF VITA > EDF 5 > EDF 4.1

>giant frogs appear
> “l can’t shoot something that looks human!”
>giant humanoid lmaos appear
>gross these guys definitely aren’t human

5 on PC when?

It's okay if it's a shitty port. I had some much damn fun with my bros on 4.1

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

it'd be nice if it didn't have so many bugs with starting games. like black screens and never ending loading screens

Is there a way to fucking fix the low frame rate on the Equipment screen in multiplayer?

Protip, don't idle in the multiplayer lobby for too long, it fucks things and leads into those annoying black loading screens that just kick you out of the game. If anyone does need to take a break, everyone in the lobby needs to open up a menu (equipment, mission log, stats, whatever) immediately before readying up and starting the game, this reliably avoids having to remake the lobbies.

FROM VIOLENT NIGGER CRIMINALS TO DRUGMULE WETBACKS
WE'LL DEBUNK ALL THE LIBERALS WITH LOGIC AND WITH FACTS
THE EDF DEPLOYS

what I found when I hosted is that you had to wait for the console text saying people were ready and that usually worked, not just the big READY on their profile

Get in the sidecar user we'll tear shit up

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Why did EDF 5 add giant humans as enemies? It's like fighting one of our own.

Attached: 14364767.jpg (960x540, 99K)

>playing air raider with only airstrikes
I love the smell of burning monsters in the morning, smells like victory

Attached: 23FBB970-D3F8-4AA7-B40E-3DC6DE375F63.png (1335x1046, 829K)

So Yea Forums, why did you join edf?

>mfw carpet bombing a squad of frogs
>watching them all collapse as their legs are blown off and hearing them cry out in pain
Goddamn the dismemberment mechanics they added are the tops

Attached: 1540875901791.png (711x609, 131K)

I'll tell you later.

Let's talk about this later

I've heard they turn you into a hot girl if you join the Wing Diver division.

>using the tank with 90mm sabot
>fire at frog
>blows its head off and oneshots the skyscraper behind it
I love air raider

>those NPC lines in EDF 4.1 where they complain about the 'armor' they wear
>those NPC lines in EDF 5 where they complain about having to keep to a strict diet to remain light

>be normal police officer (male)
>finally get outfitted
>now a qt jetpack grill in booty shorts
That look suits you rookie

>join lobby with a single air strike
>host says change it or kick
Is it that hard to avoid giant red telegraphs?

Rangers are pussies

I require EDF memes, post what you've got

Attached: 1551037857297.jpg (640x955, 80K)

I remember there used to be a lot of good ones but I forgot to save them

Attached: 186E6C03-7192-443B-B504-86EE7BC4FC2A.jpg (214x235, 12K)

Here's a higher quality version of that one

Attached: 1514881563309.png (599x658, 270K)

a new EDF is coming out right? is that one any good or should i just grab 5?

Iron Rain doesn't look like it's going to have massive swarms of enemies like EDF 4.1 and 5

Attached: EA5FE210-08AB-4070-A5A8-D1F152D5D373.png (1400x569, 249K)

Attached: 1514777028910.png (500x324, 344K)

It's a bit unclear at the moment, the new one 'Iron Rain' as it's called is supposed to be more 'western'. The last 'western' EDF game was Insect Armageddon which wasn't very good, though from what I've seen so far Iron Rain looks alright. I would recommend EDF 5 for the truest EDF experience though. EDF 4.1. is also available on PC though having played both EDF 5 is far superior from a gameplay perspective. 4.1 has an arguably better song though.

Attached: 1514791899951.jpg (1536x2048, 625K)

Holding myself back from getting 5 on PS4 and waiting for PC release has been terrible.

I can already tell Iron Rain won't be good by how smooth the fps is in those demos.

I haven't played enough to come up with some, but if someone has a request for original content/ideas for some EDF memes, I can make them in good old paint.net.

This but with an air raider helmet edited on and some skyscrapers reduced to rubble in the background

Attached: 90B859B7-0AB3-4995-A6F7-7F1C1EC3C872.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

You were probably a tard and tried to bring it to a mission where it wouldn't work.

Are there any other limpet guns besides the standard and sniper versions

>EDF 5 > EDF 4.1
lol

lol

>all those juicy steaks at headquarters left untouched
It’s not fair bros

Attached: EAC9CD26-3CED-4606-8BA9-18BFA83D69F1.jpg (500x787, 40K)

What is the release date for this?

Yeah there's a rapid fire, shrapnel and trip mine variant as well

5 on PC FUCKING WHEN?

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES
WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

What’s the most obnoxious monster in the series? For me it’s the fire ants

April 11. Simultaneous world wide release as well.

April something.

Vita means life

They're mostly just the same thing with variations in splash damage and fire rate, but then there's the splendors. They burst into clouds of piercing bouncy shrapnel instead of exploding for splash damage, which actually makes them surprisingly effective in tunnels and lets you do something other than just being the designated turret and healing bitch. Worthless outdoors, though the same applies to all limpet guns and you really should be dropping hot airstrikes for lots of damage instead.

THE EDF DEPLOYS!

I need my limpet sniper for the fucking drop ships in solo

Flamethrower heavy cosmonaut in EDF 5 since its my first game, once they pull the trigger you see nothing but flames on the screen

did they change how armor works? The only fault with 4.1 was the immense armor grind. I really wish in that game that harder difficulties dropped more armor

The railgun is your best anti-dropship tool, it's generally accurate enough to snipe between the hatch door segments and abusing the terrain to gain extra elevation on your gun is a very useful skill. For the bigger dropships, just satellite blast them.

The armor pickups are shared between all classes with the active one getting the largest share, and iirc failing a mission also gives you a portion of the crates you've collected so they don't go to complete waste.

Do you mean the railgun tank, if so I haven’t gotten one yet

Retard here how do you fencer correctly?

Yeah, the Epsilon is basically your bread and butter once you get farther into the game. It's your best long-range tool and really quite decent at almost everything else as well.

PC VERSION WHEN

Attached: 81B3857D-D336-4A34-988F-516A7853FD18.jpg (970x1024, 99K)

Attached: airraider.jpg (1280x640, 304K)

kek saved

Reminder that the dub in EDF are both legit choices and give you two totally different experiences depending which dub you use.

Want the campy 60's feel? Use english.

Want MuvLuv Alternative? use the Jap dub.

Pick a melee weapon with a dash (for an easy intro, the best blasthole spear you have). If you have a javelin catapult, pick that one, hold down the javelin fire button while tapping away on your dash button (altfire on your spear), congratulations you're fast now. If you don't have that, pick the lightest shield you have, tap dash and quickly follow up with a reflect (altfire on your shield), repeat. Experiment with your timing to get the best results.

EDF V STEAM WHEN

I love the English dub, the dude in Europe is hilarious

Depends, are you playing 4.1 or 5?
In both cases one of you weapons pairs should be dedicated to mobility, this is done differently in both games
>4.1
Equip a weapon that gives you the forward dash (usually the close range weapons like blasthole spears) and equip either a reflector if you're a chad or a javelin catapult (the Level 14 one is the best) if you're too lazy to learn to manually animation cancel. By abusing animation cancelling you can dash around at sanic speed. You're second weapon pair will be whatever weapons are necessary for the mission, typically you will need something with a bit of range to it to complement the short range of your mobility weapon pair.
>5
Same deal, mobility pair and damage dealing pair. You can't abuse animation cancelling in 5 for infinite hops. Instead I find it's best to equip a dash and a boost jump weapon then chain dashes with boosthops for maximum mobility. Be sure to equip the items that give you more hops/dashes. Experiment around and find what works for you - EDF 5 is a bit more flexible with how you can choose to move around.

Attached: tfwgiantinsectscantfly.png (300x310, 19K)

>playing a game without subtitles in a language you don't understand
That's retarded.

Sergeant. I forgot my sack lunch. Can I go get it?

>EDF Vita
Wut. Vita had a port of EDF2 with cleaned up textures/models, and a port of EDF2017 with severely dumbed down visuals.

That said, EDF3 > 4.1 > 5 > Insect Armageddon > 2.

Attached: 2019-02-26-022310.jpg (960x544, 91K)

Air Raiders don't get railguns
You want to use a powered exoskeleton, probably a Nix A for its missiles.
a Blacker might be more able to shoot them down but not before getting fucked by everything else.

Don't expect everyone to be Mono or Bilingual loser like you.

What weapons are good? I always feel like I’m super weak to either long range enemies or short range, I wish the powerdyne could reload

>playing Air Raider
>pick up something called Spritefall A
>decide to test it out on the second mission
>SOMEBODY IS STARTING UP SPRITEFALL
>LASER DEATH FROM THE SKIES
and that was when I learned Air Raider is actually the best class and Ranger is for basic bitches

Attached: SHHIIIIIIIIIIIT.jpg (957x540, 46K)

It really helps that Air Raider got buffed in EDF4, and further in 5. They were the meme pick in prior entries due to how fucking slow an inaccurate their vehicles were, and absurd load times on any of their basic air support tools.

For short range whatever you're using for you're mobility should work, Jackhammers have good damage output and are easy to use, blasthole spears are the thinking man's weapon and can murder just about anything if used correctly - they take some getting used to though.
For long ranges either go with the NC line of cannons or the big dicc Gallic/Battle cannons.

Air Raider is too OP in 5. Everyone is other than Ranger. It's a big disappointment for real fans of the series.

>The english voice lines for the Spritefall operator in 5
>sweating_towel_man.png
Also here's a webm of one of the DLC missions, it's great for farming

Attached: EDF_RedMeansItsStronger2.webm (960x540, 2.39M)

Ranger is ok, good mobility armor and tools for everything

>Give Ranger a sprint button finally so he's not rolling-to-the-side man
>Make everyone else better in general

Unrelated, but fuck some of the enemy types in EDF2. Centipedes especially.

Attached: legs.jpg (960x544, 81K)

Yes, that's what I fucking said. He's just "ok" while every other class is OP.

Who here /bike/?

Attached: EDF-NWF2.png (1324x929, 1.94M)

The stunlock laser drones from EDF 4.1 give me PTSD. EDF 5's roster was so friendly by comparison that I was not intimidated by any of it. Fire ants ain't shit in both games.

>EDF5 will take two years to come to PC again
>It'll still be a no-frills port with cheaters that can corrupt your save files, ruining jolly earth saving with randoms online

Don't be a retard and back up your saves.

>4.1 on pc release fps is smooth and toaster friendly
>now its stuttering hard looking at buildings
some missions are unplayable what happened

How bad are the red ones? I haven't gotten around to playing DLC2 yet.

The semi auto m16 is pretty op

I do, but I shouldn't have to. Devs can't be arsed to touch the PC port again.

You just got stronger weapons and are seeing the effects of the game's single-core throttling in effect once you get multiple buildings/spiders being murdered at once.

Just stop.

New to the series. If I pick up 5 what can I expect?

The wingdiver airdodge is so intensely fun that I don't care about the how much easier it makes things.

Decimating frogs with turbo core and dragon lance is super fun

Attached: 840.jpg (659x609, 365K)

Attached: EDF Regret.jpg (710x710, 115K)

I beat EDF 5 a few weeks ago Im getting Iron Rain too.

5 is good is better to get 5 first then 4.1

I don't get all the hate for Insect Armageddon. It gave us Fencer, and aside from the dumb "Stand here and defend the objective" missions it had decent enough weapons. Some areas were a tad small though.

Is edf the closest we will ever get to a starship troopers game

it IS a starship troopers game youtube.com/watch?v=H4Hpqf2MfGo

Attached: file.png (1417x797, 1.49M)

They are like humans. Two eyes, two arms, two legs! I.....cant bring myself to kill them!

Imagine being an EDF soldier that survives every conflict as you slowly watch your mess hall turn into a ghost town.

>buy EDF 4.1 in Christmas
>Play with my gf
>She loves it
>Play with my cousin
>He loves it
I don't think that is posible to dislike EDF

On the plus side more juicy steaks for you

>tfw the EDF is born from the stock of patriotic Northern Men
Hallelujah, brothers of the EDF
youtu.be/hrG0AwUJQDQ

Attached: Sherman.jpg (199x244, 15K)

People who are sensitive to framerate, and hate spiders.

>the screaming of all the qt wing divers you failed to save

There has to be a muvluv mod for 4.1, right?

Attached: 0318D3AF-4DCD-426F-87FE-926F116C6F67.png (500x577, 133K)

>Rangers are pretty much movie troopers
>fencers are book troopers
On that note are the weapons that require laser designation from an air raider worth it in multiplayer or are you better off just bringing a normal weapon

you mean except the starship troopers game?

youtube.com/watch?v=jstKtvheG08

Reminder that 4.1 with a bunch of DLC is on monthly rn for 12 clapbux

>the noises they make when they're trapped on Retarius/Aranea webs

Attached: Worry.png (605x643, 325K)

My guess is after Iron Rain, I don't understand why EDF games are so expensive, for example 60 dollars for it on PSN and you need to pay for PS plus to play online. There is a small but dedicated fanbase that plays regularly but for the most part the game is 'dead'. Charging 30 dollars would more than double the sales because it really is a B-tier game, they would even have made more profit.

a fencer is good alone, so it's probably better to have an air raider doing his own shit

that being said, I have a friend who plays fencer and sometimes supporting him can be comedy

How insane is stuff like the leviathan or that multi lock launcher?

The only one's I've ever seen being used are the Leviathan missiles that do like 100,000 damage each, really good for dealing with bosses, I don't think I have ever seen the Haytal missiles being used in my 450 hours combined of EDF 4.1 and 5.

Fucking Rangers stealing all the railguns in 5.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a choice between between vehicles or being able to haul ass properly.
Should always have had two utility slots, not one.
Any word on EDF 5 for PC yet? Not been tracking it.

Attached: 57146534_p0.jpg (1400x847, 432K)

Nowt, all news is on the upcoming release of Iron Rain for now.

Nice

Attached: F7B418C8-4FEB-48C8-B1FA-0BFD41C1E9FE.jpg (200x152, 8K)

Funniest shit I’ve heard, especially because the aliens are treated like they look nothing like humans

Air Raider OP, but he's also really fucking shit by himself.

Attached: RAID.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

nobody going to mention the obnoxious queen ants in that cave mission?
the area is so small and quickly saturated by their aoe acid attack that stunlocks you for fuckhuge damage
if anyone knows some secret to making it easier, I had to redo the mission more than any other because they raped me so hard

>search up the EDF deploys on youtube
>Klendathu Drop is ones of the results

You have no room to talk about what's good or not when you play on normal or hard.

EDF5 being a full fucking price game on PS4 is why I bothered to just wait for an eventual PC port instead. It's a budget-tier series, give me a budget price. It's how you snagged me in the first place with 2017 on 360.

well, if you play as a fencer you can take a deflector shield and just bounce it all back at them

webm is actual spoilers

Attached: Surprise.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

IIRC When EDF 4.1 dropped on PC it was 40-something dollars, then the price went up to 50 dollars then dropped to 20 dollars after a couple years. Good luck.

Reflector cheese as fencer or some really competent Wing Diver flying. Alternatively, use a weapon that has reflecting projectiles and fire at them without them getting LOS.

then how come two of my IRL friends -- who only play WoW, PUBG, apex, and CSGO -- refuse to play it? one of them declined when i said i would buy it for him

Attached: 1504513900729.webm (1154x650, 2.98M)

I have lots of room to talk, its called the internet
Personally I hate anyone who joins on mission 40+ hard mode when they have 1% completion

Just be a good soldier and help them -- or are you not high enough and you're the one who needs help?

The Haytals are actually surprisingly potent, they don't have the sheer fuck you power of Leviathans but they're fucking fast with respectable DPS. Bring a beacon gun, stick it on a red drone and watch it get bullied across the map so hard it won't get a shot off before it dies.

Some of them are essentially nukes and they do a wonderful job at deleting things like Erginus and void ships.

I don't enjoy swimming with lead waits attached to my feet

They are secretely bugs.

You are legit retarded. Going solo with Air Raider is a joke.

It's because it looks janky and they're scared of Japan.

A Leviathan + laser kit combo can reliably beat the mothership mission in less than a minute, it dies before it can deploy the cannon disks. It requires some cooperation and decent aiming skills though.

I don't play singleplayer

Fuck off, dude. Don't taint this series any further with your personal issues. Not even being ironic.

>that moment when you get your code name... Storm team!

>he thinks I was talking about singleplayer
Even more proof you don't know shit.

They made it so you can't play hardest and inferno right off the bat for a reason, and that reason is you.

I would very much like to watch a video of you taking down the mobile base solo and air raider.

>deflector shield reflects attacks
Jesus Christ I feel retarded, I thought it just made you take zero damage

one of them loves animu girls and he's so in denial about it. strange thing is that he's the only one married.

I did and it was hell

Hostin' a room on PC, if anyone wants to play. Look for vidya in the room name.

Hey -- enough with your personal issues. Fuck off and play Apex or something.

People don’t realize how fun janky shit can be, it provides a certain feeling that AAA games can’t

>Wing Divers in EDF5

That ass is too distracting

reflector really works on the big acid spray?

god my anus just hurts from thinking about that small passage being filled by those acid clouds

EDF isn't janky.

EDF is totally jank but that's what makes it great.

I was mildly upset about losing the cleavage until I saw the booty shorts

Reflector works on literally any projectile, even Hector machine gun bullets

Why are helis such a pain in the ass to handle

is EDF really "janky?" i feel that the controls are nice and tight and controls really well

Posting again with an image, get in here nerds.

Attached: Earth Defense Force.jpg (1280x1193, 422K)

>summon a tank
>other air raider summons a tank on same spot
>both tanks land
>physics explode and send them both flying a street away
>the other guy's tank lands upside down

>tfw we lost the tiddy physics of 4.1 as well

Attached: 1493623630086.png (321x322, 40K)

Don't know if this will even come to PC. They haven't said shit yet, and word is Xseed had a lot of issues with 4.1 and they're not handling this one.

just get better at handling them, bro. they're a huge treat, especially bazelarts

It’s super low budget and spawns so much shit it tanks its fps but that is part of its charm

No it isn't. You retarded meme fags have no idea what real jank is.

EDF has controls that are too good that works too well to be called janky in my opinion.

4.1 runs fine, my only complaint is fags who play with drop modifiers who play online. I gotta back up my saves regularly.

>iron reign has character creator
Extra Thicc milf diver soon

>Riding around in an APC collecting boxes
>Teleport ship crashes down right on top of me
>Bounce into the floor
>APC explodes
>Stuck swimming under the ground for the rest of the level

EDF does not "Run Fine" on console, playing EDF on PC is almost cheating

well, I mean issues with localization and licenses, not gameplay issues

>Still too retarded to work controls properly with the Depth Crawler when you try to go upside down

Edf5 fixed the issue from the previous game were your teammates lines overlapped into a ear raping scream

But I liked that

That was the best though. Only real thing EDF5 fixed for me was making armor pickups give a little bit to your other classes as well so you're not starting from bloody scratch each time you want to fuck with another character,

I bet you like bugs

Did EDF5 ever get the Starship Troopers DLC outside of Japan?

That part is nice, but it does get annoying when you pick up like 30 gun boxes as a fencer and then get a shit ton of ranger guns

Thats a shame

Please share with the class

Attached: 9E2701FF-F6BE-45BF-9A70-327F7D3A086B.gif (627x502, 940K)

i like that. what i don't like is when they do that shit for armor

is there a physical version of edf5
I don't buy digital

Digital only, which makes it extra dumb that it's still full fucking price.

We've only just recently got the first DLC mission pack
I don't even actually know what the Starship Troopers DLC is
Pretty sure you can buy a physical off of Play Asia

>Play Asia
lol

>be into the best series ever made
>be console-only peasant
how do you live with yourselves?

Attached: 1523294126098.jpg (500x500, 280K)

does that version have english text/voices?

multi-language, says Eng, Chinese and Korean

>Okajima-san explained that Earth Defense Force 5 took quite a while to be released in the west due to the English voice-overs. The process took longer than initially predicted. Asked whether simply releasing the game in Japanese with subtitles was considered as an option, he mentioned that D3 Publisher really wanted to include the English voices to provide western players with the full experience in their own language.
At least D3 knows their fucking audience, since I vastly prefer the cheesy B-movie dub we got in our localization over the Japanese original.

>he doesn’t want to experience edf at it’s most busted(best)

Attached: 1DEE6018-EF56-4272-9427-A88637D7D62A.jpg (682x548, 44K)

Just fine because it's playable

You will never experience the glorious slowdown when the mobile base just shows up in a mission

Will Iron Rain be good? My worries are it'll sacrifice number of enemies for graphics

but how are such refined people, who are into EDF, have such illogical, shit fucking taste to be console-only?

Attached: __pale_wing_earth_defense_force_drawn_by_hi_ho__3d858c9358debe9b2a5b9634757874f0.jpg (1000x830, 281K)

Air Raiders now have Jetpacks and swords and summon giant ants to ride
For a Western Audience my ass

i have a PS4 to beta test things like EDF and MH

>Shit hits the fan
>Be the last one alive as an Air Raider
>Manage to fight off enough to revive everyone by just using Spritefall over and over

It can't be worse than Insect Armageddon.

>My worries are it'll sacrifice number of enemies for graphics
Different devs, so perhaps they'll know what fucking multi-threading is so we can actually have 60fps with visuals that don't look a whole generation old. I'm more worried about the story tone.

>all these folks playing 4.1 on Steam/PS4 that never experienced EDF2025's greatness in sub-10fps

>air raider cucks another class out of its role
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

but i have a PS3 and 2025 as well. only a peasant would assume otherwise and looky what u did

Attached: __pale_wing_earth_defense_force_drawn_by_hi_ho__83486e9dd0e4f14c40f670d269d09af8.jpg (1095x1500, 1.64M)

>tfw I fucking love EDF
>tfw all my friends wanna play is retarded zombie shooters
for fucks sake, they are so slow and boring

Attached: 1536877687321.jpg (720x833, 33K)

D3, PLEASE.

Attached: iron rain.jpg (957x782, 142K)

why didn't they put this objectively better song in 5? man it would've been perfect

I actually agree with him.

You guys are refined people to even be into this series. Just build a PC now. You guys are like walking, live contradictions and oxymorons.

Is 4.1 multiplayer still active on pc? I want to try it out now that it's only $20 but the likelihood of getting any of my friends to try it, without having to just straight up buy copies for them myself, are pretty low

Attached: 1549744827911.jpg (2848x2136, 679K)

My friend won’t play edf with me even though he’s perfectly fine with lost planet 2, which is like the same shit

what I'm missing most from 5, is voice lines that were in 4
"For the Pride of EDF!"

My buddy got 4.1 from me through gamesharing on PS4 and he loved it enough to keep playing and asked if I was getting 5

yes -- always people playing. i saw quite a few new players since the permenant price drop

Has anyone ever gotten far enough with the upgraded vehicles in 4.1 to see if the controls actually get noticeably better? i heard the helicopters and mechs get alot better to control when you have higher level versions of them but im not far enough yet

>fans of edf don’t care about fps or graphics
Why would I want a pc when all the exclusives aren’t there

sweet

higher level bazelarts are a lot easier to control, yeah

Not even going to reply to this kind of womanly posting. Drop EDF please.

>now that it's only $20
It's like, $12 on Humble Monthly with the DLC mission packs included.

What's the walking fortress thing called in EDF5 and what minimum difficulty do I need to do to get one?

I have bad news user...

Attached: 0e444a5f8317179fd48f4f99a5b60418.jpg (640x480, 43K)

so..... just bloodborne?

Iron rain looks like it’s gonna be kino

Attached: 3EA9A087-3B2E-4C15-9EB1-9A8E96BCEE2F.jpg (750x1243, 467K)

I love that the Fencer can now properly haul ass with additional dashes and jet jumps without having to abuse the dash cancel that and the turning speed upgrades makes it just more pleasent to play the class.

Probably summer at the earliest.

>pale team/the spriggans get made up to be a truly elite group of wing divers
>in every mission they appear they're total jobbers and have to repeatedly be bailed out by Storm 1

Attached: calartssponge.png (1530x1006, 1.96M)

Why do the characters look like Barbie dolls?

So not even EDF is safe from the shitposting that happens when a game appears on PC. Good to know.

>abuse the dash cancel
Sure hope you aren't one of those fags that thinks dash canceling is a glitch.

Holy shit

Attached: Laughingalmondwhores.jpg (700x466, 52K)

females in EDF have always been beautiful

>that last line
that's the shit why I like japanese games so much

Attached: 1413592355499.jpg (500x502, 69K)

I miss dash cancel so fucking much
Hand cannon dashing was my favorite way to play

Fuck that. I'd rather have dash cancelling back.

chungodungo

I heard farming for armor in 5 is better than in 4.1 as you get a little bit of armor for other classes too.

Also dupe weapons turn into upgrades right?

>Putting Ned in control of, or least one part, of a balam
>might as well let the bugs win

Attached: ned.png (714x408, 343K)

yup vehicles like the choppers, tanks and mechs all get easier to control and are faster bazels for example can lift up much faster and high level ones are really good.
I know that the class was made for that because it was so easy to execute it was just so annoying to always having to do it because of the slow movement speed in 4 that was my only problem I can at least do it now in 5 after a chain of dashes for even quicker movement making dashing through the map a breeze.

Yes, you get armour for everyone

No, dupes are not always upgrades
The whole weapon upgrade system makes the grind even more real, because after unlocking a new weapon, if you were unlucky you've not got a rank 1 weapon that's worse than its equivalent from a tier down
>When your Spritefall A is better than your Spritefall B

They just want to owe them so they can pay them back with sex, the edf has to repopulate the earth after the war

plus, weapon crates also share across the other classes, so sometimes you find yourself finally getting that monster upgrade for your Wing Diver while playing as a Fencer, while your Fencer gets squat

Fucking love Spritefall, that shit has saved many a chaotic situation in my games

Not only that you also have a collecting radius for you characters and vehicles plus some classes can upgrade the size of the radius and make it even wider.

What the heck guys I make EDF threads all the time and it never goes beyond 10 replies
Also OP are you the user I was singing the anthem with in the harmony sticky thread?

At the end of EDF 5 it's stated that 90% of humanity has been eliminated. If this reboot follows the same rough timeline as the previous games then they have 7 years to repopulate the earth.
>7 years to get from 7 million to 7 billion people

Attached: Potassium.png (1402x962, 1.27M)

Real raider hours

I DON'T HEAR YOU SINGING!!!

OUR SOLDIERS ARE PREPARED FOR ANY ALIEN TREATS!

EDF 5 on pc when.
4.1 with friends was a blast

WE'RE ENGAGING THE GIANT INSECTS.
OVER.

W-WHAT IS THAT?
SOME KIND OF GIANT INSECT?!
AHH! THE THREAD! I'M CAUGHT IN THE THREAD!
AAAHHHH!

I THOUGHT THE LAST GIANT INSECT WAS WIPED OUT IN ARIZONA!
THE EXTERMINATION WAS A LIE!

>Cave mission
>Depth Crawler crawls on the side or ceiling for .5 seconds
>Lose my shit and all my bearings

Based wing divers putting in work

I miss TIME TO FUMIGATE

We’ve been defunded because we don’t have anyone that’s black

THE EDF DEPLOYS

WING DIVERS ARE THE NATURAL ENEMY OF GIANT INSECTS

WHAT?! GIANT INSECTS?

But you still can in 5?
I mean okay it's not possible with the cannon anymore ( that threw me out of the loop for a while).
Im not a pro but melee weapons from what I have played can still be used for dash cancelling

IT'S A GOOD THING THEY CAN'T FLY!

Probably a year. ED4 came out on PS4 a year after EDF 2025 came out on PS3, and came out on PC a year after PS4.

PROGRESS FASTER THAN SCIENCE IS IMPOSSIBLE

They really, really do. Vegaltas become discount Wing Divers with surprising agility, the Gigantus starts turning fast enough to make you feel like Dagumi and the Bazelart goes from an uncontrollable slugfest to a holy terror capable of razing even the largest waves in mere seconds.

>7 million
Dude, if its more than 10,000 i'd be blown away. The entire population of earth outside of one aircraft carrier and those lucky enough to get deep enough into bunkers died.

oh god the french are attacking!

>thousands of people and bugs dying in a sea of gore
>scientist guy: IVE DECIDED ON A NAME FOR THIS SPECIES, WE WILL CALL IT REITARIUS!

Attached: FaceApp_1551130107176.jpg (500x281, 74K)

THEY LOOK JUST LIKE US

what's wrong with play asia?
serious question

>defending hill with elite sniper team
>I FEEL LIKE NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

This is Whale. Returning to combat area.

But fleeing civilians are invincible though

Whale is a fucking ac130 turned up to eleven

Attached: 745115B5-BF39-4B6D-8EA9-953C6824A21B.png (1000x667, 170K)

what's this picture from?
I get upset at the guy on the other end of Tempest missiles
fucking YES we have to use such powerful weapons, its a fucking Godzilla

Attached: Too Close.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

they sell you backorders without telling you and it takes a month before you finally get it

Dear lord is EDF2's mission structure and pacing shit. They improved on that a ton in 3, as well as adding AI squads so the maps don't feel so damn empty once the civvies are out of the way.
>hearing soldiers over comms screaming as they kill ants
>it's just you in the entire area

So where does it carry the Tempest S1A? That thing is xboxhuge.

i see, thanks
do you know a better site?

The km6 dude pisses me off, “it’s dangerous here, don’t call us for nothing!” Fuck u dude I got frogs fucking everywhere

Taped to the bottom with extra strong edf brand tape

>"This is Fortress Aircraft Carrier Despina, air raider.... You are not alone!"

In EDF 5 Tempest missiles get sent from some secret fortified bunker. In EDF 4.1 it's a mystery where Whale stores Tempests, personally I thought they would have been launched by the aircraft carrier Despina.

Attached: steve.png (884x798, 510K)

LIONIC! FIRE!

How do you like your sunny-side-up eggs?

Did EDF1 ever get localized? Which entries in the series are we missing altogether?

What’s the point of the drivable civie vehicles?

IT'S THE GENOCIDE GUN

Attached: 1548787634816.jpg (1242x848, 174K)

I don't think it did, and Robot Alchemic Drive is the closest to one we ever got.

>The EDF never leaves a man behind. NEVER!

That was the best response to the eggs question I ever had

amazon jp
I bought something and it took them more than two weeks to ship it but now that it has it's estimated to come in only a few days and I payed the same for shipping there that I did on playasia, and the thing I bought this time was a highly requested pre-order so it might not even take that long to ship normally
playasia has a $20 shipping option but when I'm buying something that's $30 that's a damn ripoff

Grow up and buy digital.

YOU'LL PROTECT MY FAMILY?

>there'll never be a new RAD

more like
>buy digital
>grow up
>digital game gone forever and can't play it anymore

I fucking hate those war of the worlds tripod fuckers

>user why do you play that goofy bug game
>show them Bike Cult
youtube.com/watch?v=4PqDNhIXw-Q
EDF!

There's copies on Ebay which come in turn from Play Asia.

More like multiple Tempests.Always remember to save one for yourself.

Attached: australia.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

>5 has QoL stuff but 4.1 has better songs and armor designs

Attached: 1520230881100.gif (200x156, 420K)

What weapon has the biggest explosion in 5?

Got the one where a spider jumps right towards the camera and the player exits in panic?

Pretty retarded to worry about when a PC port/emulation is guaranteed.

this, the EDF 5 song makes me sad, I like the new wingdiver though

did you just gatekeep games being janky?
nice job faggot

>Why did you get married?
>For some reason!

No taste.

>playing games on a computer
>emulating
>still digital

Attached: 20190228_021057.jpg (1920x1080, 595K)

Don't even try to pretend you're something more than a manchild still clinging to plastic toys. If you cared at all about preservation then digital is the only option, ya fag.

something I can't hold in my hand or put on a shelf has no value or longevity

>that split second performance drop as a Tempest wipes out half the level in one well-aimed shot

Attached: 1407879833803.gif (400x300, 954K)

That childish mindset is why you need to grow up.

I didn't save it because usually someone else has posted it by now.

Attached: inferno hector.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

Unfortunately i lost all desire to continue grinding inferno... I'm just done with the game

>20 spiders
>half the level
lol

Attached: 1508363932256.webm (1600x900, 2.4M)

>wingdiver can't sing
Why?

think I just nutted watching that, fuck me

Not quite the one I was looking for but still acceptable
They can sing in 5

>that lag pause
>"yep. thats me. you're probably wondering..."
>explodes

I want to play this game but I fucking hate the ps4 and never want to touch mine on principle
what do I do

Get the PC port?

That's what the PC version is for. Thousands of people always playing, and don't have to pay for online. For newer EDF games though I buy it on PS4 first just to give as much money as I can. Not something I like to do, but if it helps any chance of a PC port it's worth it.

I don't have a pc

Then the fuck are you gaming on?

Attached: EDF_Juggling.webm (720x405, 2.8M)

video game machines?
what kind of retarded question is that?

>in an EDF thread
>don't have a PC
>don't want to use the PS4
You're a Switch owner, arentcha.

Soooo you're a fan of the idea of EDF then?

You are correct, my bad. I had a brain fart.

Attached: 1501653369788.webm (1440x860, 2.47M)

I have both
what is that supposed to mean

>the long legged ones with multiple lasers on one leg
>they cover like half the map in a single stride on very hard/inferno
>mfw

Attached: 1535084347325.jpg (634x680, 257K)

Perfect

Attached: 1546063114415.jpg (1200x991, 116K)

Just got to these guys, can I just bomb them to death or do I have to take out the leg guns first?

>love edf 4.1
>really want to get this
>$80 au
Fuck

>the font rendering logic unable to deal with that aspect ratio
Made me giggle.

You can snipe the main body. But items can drop from the destroyed parts so there's an incentive to wreck the lasers.

You can just attack their heads and kill them relatively quickly, taking out the legs makes them a bit easier to fight by removing most of their combat ability though I'm not sure if damage to the legs counts towards their total health pool. If you're an Air Raider railguns with power boosters will tear them to shreds. I've also had good results with strafing runs against them in 5.

Is Inferno even possible solo on some of these missions in EDF 3/4? Some of them just open with you already in the middle of being bumrushed by ants or spiders and I don't know how you'd even safely create yourself some space to kite them above and dwindle their forces.

Overgearing on armor only buys you so many extra hits.

There are certain maps that are weapon farm maps on inferno on a specific loadout.

I remember Machine Squad is one of them as all the enemies you encounter are deroys. Plus the NPC railguns can sometimes one shot them too.

Yes. git gud

Attached: EDF Space Program.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

do I buy it or not

Attached: Screenshot_20190228-181048_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 759K)

how are you going to pay for it if digital currency has no value?

Fuck those Grey aliens.

I hate the upward momentum on aoe damage in general.

Is the DLC already released in the west?

DON'T EVEN MATTER CUZ ALL THAT ARMOR BABBY MOTHERFUCK YEAH HO

only the first one

love the bike

Attached: sidekick2.webm (622x350, 2.96M)

The first mission pack was released recently, I don't know when we can expect the other(s)

I am 40 missions in and GET IT:
I never played a edf before because i am such a graphics whore but now i will be on board with whatever the franchise does next. I cant even remember when the last was such a thing happenend to me complete 180.

Attached: 1550213808143s.jpg (219x250, 7K)

I am intrigued, where do I start with this series?

wait, i play online on steam all the time and i've never backed up my save once and i haven't had any problems. i bought it day 1, too. is there anything i should know? the guys who use hacks usually state that it's a hack room so i don't go in

Attached: atmosphere.webm (684x384, 2.91M)

Does EDF5 allow you to ride on top of moving friendly vehicles/mechs?

It's been a pet peeve of mine with 4 missing it, which 3 had.

just get 4.1

no -- you still roll off. however, there are spots that sort of latches you onto the moving vehicle. i just stand right in front of tanks and other large vehicles and they transport me wherever they go while i fire

Attached: the great escape.webm (426x240, 2.16M)

4.1 if you're a PC elitist or 5 if you want the best gameplay, sadly it's currently a PS4 ekskloosif.

>5
>best gameplay
Maybe if you're a shitter.

Grim Reapers were fucking baller though
Fencer is such a great class it even turns the useless ass EDF NPCs into chad heroes

Yes, at least with fencer

>the dlc is region locked
fucking nigger shit
I hate digital games so fucking much

Getting creative with ZE Guns is the shit that makes playing Air Raider fun

>Making cave missions not boring as fuck by putting the guns on top of the Depth Crawler

>The EDF5 missions where the Grim reapers start slagging each them off

I am on the second to last mission of EDF 5 (normal) as a air raider and I want to know what is the best weapons to bring with me.

Fuck off, the QOL improvements are completely worth it, aimable air-strikes, the Titan actually have a useful main gun and Fencer mobility that doesn't demand dash cancelling is glorious.
>t. 200 hours in both games

yeah, i put them on everything and sometimes rig with bombs and just bomb large groups/tunnels when all the ammo is depleted

A Fencer

not him but what's wrong with EDF 5? I thought people liked it?

>200 hours

Attached: 1541850556091.png (122x142, 45K)

it's fucking great -- but 4.1 is just better. no one thinks 5 is bad

Attached: 地球防衛軍5_20180201174518.webm (674x380, 2.59M)

How do I convince my friends to buy this?

The wing divers are basically a non-magic version of Strike witches with how little pants they were.

>but 4.1 is just better
Ah is it? I've got 4.1 and like it a lot. I was thinking of getting 5 but if it's not as good I'm not sure I want to do that.

Are you a ketchup or onions sauce kind of guy

Attached: 4663654.jpg (869x832, 449K)

Please no bully, I've completed nearly all 4.1 missions on Inferno, and am working up towards EDF 5 Inferno, I know what I'm on about I swear

Attached: sponge2.png (900x850, 881K)

you buy it for them. i'm planning to buy two copies whenever it goes on sale the next time

this webm made me think about how 5 only allows fencers to carry two of the same weapons. no more dual lysanders for ranger and switching them off quickly for the quickest rate of fire. that was really fun

Attached: dual wield heavy canon.webm (674x380, 2.77M)

no1 will buy your shitbundle fuckface
fuck off

>Please no bully, I've completed nearly all 4.1 missions on Inferno, and am working up towards EDF 5 Inferno, I know what I'm on about I swear
>nearly

What prevents your ascension?

you have to understand -- 5 is so fucking good. it's one of the best games in the past five -- probably ten -- years in general. 4.1 is just better

Ah. If that's the case, I'll pick it up next month. Or maybe I'll wait for a pc release so I can play with friends. Thanks a ton, user

Completionism autism, doing all missions on hard for all classes, I've already done quite a few on Hardest and a handful on Inferno. Plus I need the armour, I don't want to let the team down in multiplayer

You know they're called "quality of life" for a reason, right? As in "nice to have but not essential"? 5 is too easy compared to 4.
>only 200 hours
lol

I'm a long time fan of the series and I think that EDF 5 is better than 4.1. Mostly because Air Raider is more useful alone and I like the weapon leveling. Not to mention that grinding is much less frequent, although going through the game is much easier the second time, since you can plow through it with the new shiny weapons on different character.
I give it that the first two stages are absolutely horrendous slog after the first time and I dislike the fact that hardest and inferno are locked until the game has been completed with easier difficulty. However, it's balanced by the fact that you don't have to snooze through the easy and normal, since you get the completions of them when you finish mission on hard.

>Farming approaching monster balls
I hope you don't do this user.

Attached: 52643646.jpg (800x907, 244K)

i honestly got the JP copy, then the NA digital; literally going to buy it for the third time when it comes out on PC

Attached: 1525151084080.webm (800x450, 2.66M)

>Completionism autism
I can understand that. I was one of the first players to acquire platinum in 4.1.

>Iron War will be the MHW of the EDF series

FROM VICIOUS GIANT NIGGERS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

EDF 5 ON FUCKING PC WHENNNNN

i'm at 69% and have been there for awhile. i'm actually going to post a status on steam one of these days so all the guys can join to get the 70% with me. it's gonna be good.

gud*

Attached: UPPERCUT.webm (800x450, 2.96M)

that'd imply it would sell well on a global stage

>I like the weapon leveling
>grinding is much less frequent

Attached: Sammy Tylar.png (328x333, 194K)

EDF NEEDS MORE BATTLETOADS
>we gotcha covered -EDF5

But thats only like half a hit from a gold ant near the end of inferno

Attached: sdf bomb.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Alright, then convince me that the gameplay of EDF 4.1 is better than 5 using specific examples I wish to understand your reasoning.

Low armor solo Inferno Air Raider was surprisingly fun. You lived and died by your ZE-Gun placements.

>That one tunnel mission that's split into three missions
>Last part of a mission is a huge horde of gold ants
>Set guns up on a tunnel chokepoint that's a hundred miles away
>Set a second set next to the inactive horde
>Feel intense anxiety as you pop your first set of guns and are just waiting for the golden horde to funnel themselves towards you through the darkness.

I've never played any of these games and don't have any friends
which one do I buy

I've only played normal mode on DLC2 and they're fucking nightmarish
They're way tankier, they fire FASTER, and they zip around the battlefield at a bit less than Red Drone speed

Everyone with the exception of Ranger is too safe or too powerful on Inferno in 5. Air Raider's new stuff can be mindlessly spammed and Wing Diver/Fencer can get out of any bad situation far too easily.

>wanting to grind for armour and don't want to get weapons for different classes
OLD GAME GOOD

>can't spot cognitive dissonance
Are you a tranny?

Take the Idunn as wing diver. It shoots a bunch of electricity and bounces off the wall and spams the first queen. Then just fly in and kill the other one.

"RANGER DON'T PILOT"

I'm still missing the top tier heavy cannon. The shotgun cannon has the same recoil but shoots out a storm of shrapnel instead. Literally shreds wasps in the sky.

I remember that cave mission was so much worse in 4.1 cause you could barely get into the room the queen was in cause it would just spam the only entrance with acid

That was exactly how it was in EDF3 as well. You pretty much had to use grenades or rockets to hopefully alert some of the ants inside to drag them out of that nest one by one, then bumrush inside later to kill the queen between waves of her bullshit.

>you share the board with retards that rush into every new thread they see just to post garbage for some (You)s

Call in a space laser strike on them and watch them go apeshit

For some reason.

Considering that I like good games and actually play them without speedrunning, it's literally impossible for me to be a tranny.

I know at least one person that thinks the game should have been less than $20 and dropped it because there wasn't a bossfight at stage 10 or whatever dumb reason he gave.

wtf is this game even

Japanese developed version of Insect Armageddon.

HUMANITY'S TRUMP CARD

Attached: walking fortress balam deployment.webm (710x400, 2.95M)

Also known as the only easy to to beat Monster Party on Inferno

>spend half the mission waiting to be able to call Balam
>it comes down, get in position to get inside immediately
>miscalculate position, get physically stuck inside the foot of the the fortress

I found the high speed missile group to be effective

Finally, a game with fucking split screen. The most basic feature of a video game that developers are too lazy to optimize the game for.
youtube.com/watch?v=vfS7kT9Z32c

Just like that, a steaming pile of shit. No physical release. Guess I'm not meat to enjoy video games anymore.

what a cuck

But you can't buy the DLC from the US PSN or get trophies.

t. Schlomo Shekelsberg

I always kick Balam shitters.

How the fuck do you make the helicopters fly up on PS4

No, what harmony sticky thread? Anons singing the EDF Hymn?

The low level ones take quite a bit of time to fully get started, after that it's L2 to ascend

I got squished by the rolling monster cause it wouldn’t take off

BUMP SQUAD DEPLOY!

4 overly scripted missions.
Low enemy counts.
Radar was a step back. Though the deployable class could return it to proper functionality for short durations.

It was subpar even without being released after 2017 or tied to the EDF name.

FENCER BOYS WHERE WE AT
FUCK WING DIVERS AND FUCK AIR RAIDERS

>FUCK AIR RAIDERS
Only when we ask for it. And gently at that.