What is the hardest soulsborne boss?

what is the hardest soulsborne boss?

Attached: GUNDYR.png (714x1080, 1005K)

me

Friede

FRC content in BB easily.
Fighting Headless Bloodletting beast in a poison swamp is some sadist shit.
For regular content, probably Friede.

Gravity

Orphan

No one else comes close

defiled amygdala

none, they're all "die 3 times to learn the timings on the rolls and beat him next". Recently played DS3 for the first time, beat it in 2 nights.
Terrible games 1 and 3.

Bloodborne truly is a survival horror game when you go deep into the Chalice dungeons

Only played Bloodborne.
The only boss that didn't take me 1-3 tries was the bloody crow of cainhurst.
Maybe it's because I got to him too early though.

All DS3 bosses are easy as fuck

Midir.

Beat him first try, had more trouble with Amygdala in that game

Only one I never beat was that dragon in the last ds3 dlc

4 kings
By the fact that in NG+7 you have to use a very specific build to take them out before they spam you

This

Statistically, fume knight is the hardest but I'd argue Lud and Zallen haven't even been attempted by most players

This
All you had to do with the Orphan was attack from behind

Amygdala was a pain but pure FUN to fight, probably the only giant boss done right

Orphan > Ludwig > Nameless > Friede > huge-gap > the rest

What? Amygdala is piss easy, she has like no health and you just dodge toward her to avoid all the attacks

>nameless
>friede
lol das3 babbies are so bad

FRC LORAAAN DDAAARRKKKBEEAASSTT

Attached: 1549820825110.png (500x550, 180K)

Cursed Amygdala, Laurence, and Ludwig can eat shit and die.

Trying to hit the hit and the moveset threw me off

this branch

Attached: 20160813114225_1.jpg (693x870, 237K)

Friede is only hard because it's basically an endurance run. By the time you got to the third phase you're probably really tired out from the previous phases and die from dumb mistakes.

Nameless King or Friede
NK requires pretty much perfect pattern recognition or you're going to get fucked. Friede is pretty much the same in the 2nd and 3rd stage plus it's an endurance run

The Champ is tough but isn't bullshit, also is really fun

Attached: dshelp.webm (795x416, 1.07M)

Every boss is easy now but when I first fought them I think I've had the most trouble with Manus or Fume Knight

Hardest for me were Ornstein and Smough, and still are.
I beat Artorias, Midir, Manus, all of them either first try or second try on my first playthrough.
But Ornstein and Smough? Took me upwards of 15 times, and on subsequent playthroughs it still takes me a minimum of 5 tries.

I played DeS and all three Dark Souls games, starting with DaS, and Friede is honestly the boss that gives me the most trouble. DS3 is the hardest game for me because my reaction time is beyond abysmal, at least the three earlier souls games are slow enough for me to manage.

And Ludwig. He kicked my ass too many times

Attached: 18.jpg (500x280, 23K)

I think the one that made me the maddest was the headless bloodletting beast from Bloodborne.

But everyone has trouble with different bosses, my friend beat Nameless King on 2 attempts which gave me a lot of trouble, yet he had to have me come to his house to beat Lorian and Lothric which was one of the easiest bosses for me.

Of the games i've played, I think Dancer was the one who threw me for a loop the most, those patterns and dodge timings were just NOT getting in my head at all.
Though I recognize that's more of a "me" thing, and I'd say the two legitimately hardest bosses are Ivory King, and Sinh. Ivory King because the gauntlet of knights that precedes it is a clusterfuck you can never really be prepared for, and Sinh because every playthrough I feel that if you approach him the wrong way with the wrong spacing he's legitimately unbeatable because you'll never have him staying on the ground long enough for you to be able to damage him.

Friede was a bloody anime fight, especially her 3rd form
Her 2nd form was RNG btw

Fun fight though, only good bit in that DLC

Defiled Watchdog, easily.

Some people think Defiled Amy is worse since you have to fight it in a fucking broom closet, but I find that C&D Watchdog's aggression and combo potential make him a far more difficult fight.

He wasn't hard dude, he was just dumb and bugged.

t. Dave

Fuck that guy. I didn't do that sidequest until ng+. He was insufferable

Another contender for not the hardest but the most fuck you boss.

You kick it's ass for 90% of the fucking fight then instakills you with an aoe that covers the entire fucking stage. Fuck this cunt.

Attached: SotFS_AncientDragon.jpg (1280x685, 759K)

Starting from hardest first
>Freide
>Laurence
>Kos
>Smough and Ornstein
>Manus
>Ludwig
>Artorias
>Fume Knight
>Nameless King
>Defiled Amy
>Defiled Hotdog
>Ancient Dragon

His AoE only killed in vanilla or earlier builds of SotFS. With a bit of hp or some fire defense he'll definitely not oneshot, I've even avoided 2shots.
At least his AI is easy to bait and he gives a trillion gorillion souls.

nothing comes close to this fucker and his absurd HP pool

Attached: 1490816080_darkeater-midir.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

gimmick boss, orphan with half health would be impossible

Nameless King, because they decided to give him massive health, stamina and damage. Typical DS3 laziness and lack of creativity

Pre nerf Ancient HPSponge, Deflied Amy. If you mean hardest well designed boss. Than it's not even a contest, Midir or Orphan are easily the only competitors. I'd accept Ludwig too, since you can fight him way too early, and he'd fucking destroy you. An early Ludwig is harder than proper level Midir and Orphan.

Chalice bosses don’t scale with new game cycle. They were only difficult because most of us played them on NG or NG+. Kos or Lawrence on NG7+, otoh, is insane beyond belief.

Lud and Zallen are objectively the hardest boss fight in the entire franchise

How are you supposed to do damage to him? I went in with a faith/int build, and of course he's resistant to both fire and dark, so I ended using pestilent mercury. But otherwise if you're a melee build what do you do?

You smack his head until he dies. Use lightning weapons to make it quicker.
Midir is honestly overrated.

the hardest boss is pontiff with a slow weapon and no parry

Attached: 1551249257605.gif (500x382, 388K)

yeah lmao just stand where he can torch you or swipe the fuck out of you

Attached: maxresdefault(7).jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>what is rolling
>what are shields
Havel's especially trivializes the fight.

>ng+ bl4 laurence

Attached: 010196e9d9e19c774a421f4752191c0d.jpg (811x1148, 150K)

>he fell for the faith meme
But seriously, I’ve seen people cheee him with lightning spear. I had a quality build. Used the Wolf Knight GS (20% extra damage to dark creatures) and smacked his head. Best opening is when he raises his head and shoots fire downwards, run towards the head as the fire stops and you can get about 4 hits in.

>>what are shields
useless shit is what they are

just poison the dusty cunt

Laurence, especially on higher game cycles, is objectively the hardest boss in BB. The final phase is just ridiculous and unfair.

>bl4 chalice dungeon run
Loran Darkbeast was an absolute nigger.

Attached: CDQsnPdUEAAq4jb_jpg_large.jpg (672x1080, 112K)

I don't recommend shields for Midir, he has quite a few anti-shield moves even if you get a 100% stability shield.
>Laser Beams
>Telling bite (grab)
>Flailing Charge (his attacks are able to extend behind you)
>Overhead smashes
Better to read the tells and roll. Aim for the feet for safe but slow, aim for the head for risky but fast.

What kind of fucking brainlet do you have to be to find Sister "Shameless Maria Clone" Friede difficult? Just bully the cunt to death like seriously what the fuck

Not Gundyr, that's for sure

Dorhy's gnawing absolutely melts her, but if you didn't fall for the faith/miracle meme, it was a pretty difficult boss.

dragon god

>not claymore-slapping the shit out of that invisible cunt
Frida was not that hard, i found Ariandel's shenanigans in the background the only difficult thing in the whole bossfight. I found Gael way more difficult because he and Midir have a lot to do with patience (a thing i don't have)

Her attacks are all telegraphed as fuck and easily dodged and leave massive windows in which to smack her to death. The only way I could imagine that one could find her difficult is if you're actually deaf and can't stop her from deleting you when she turns invisible

You can do both,y you know.
I found a shield useful for powering through his regular breath attacks and swipes, so I could block it and keep attacking without changing my position to much. Obviously, you gotta dodge the unblockable moves.
Midir is all about keeping up consistent hits on the head. Don't get greedy, do 2-3 hits and get ready for his next move.
I'd never recommend smacking his feet, it's much easier to see what he's going to do if you're in his face, plus, the lower damage means you're giving yourself more opportunities to fuck up.

>They were only difficult because most of us played them on NG or NG+
I'm pretty sure most people judge a boss by its default difficulty, rather than it's maximum possible difficulty. Case in point: most people rank Orphan as being tougher than Laurence, even though Laurence scales way more on NG+ cycles than Orphan does.

She’s more of a Priscilla clone. I took 2 tries for Gael and 5 for Midir. But for her, I needed about 15-20 attempts. The final phase is the real problem, she starts throwing 8-hit combos at you. Much harder than any BB boss (including the chalices).

>much harder than any BB boss
m8 she's literally Maria but with a Scythe

Priscilla had a scythe and the same invisibility schtick.

I was wrecking her shit with this. I risked it and played through the game as a faith build, but it did pay off immensely with her fight.

Attached: Dorhys'_Gnawing.png (512x512, 265K)

I did the same thing in my faith run, Dorhys Gnawing + Lightning Stake can clear absolutely any boss in the game and is really fun.

Frankly, I found BB to be the easiest (overall) in the series. Mostly because I play very aggressively and other souls games didn’t reward that as much.

>play BB
>wew that was fun time to try other souls
>play ds2
>tfw
jesus christ how did they made it even slower than ds1

Attached: 1nh3qo.jpg (610x407, 87K)