If modern Game Freak designed Gen 1

>If modern Game Freak designed Gen 1

To say they stagnated would be an insult to the original designs. They got worse over the years. They’re one of the only companies where “lazy” is actually the best way to describe them.

Attached: 20C7A8AC-94A5-4BB0-95B0-22AC6F2C59CB.png (550x734, 157K)

Why did you feel the need to make the same thread you made on /vp/ here?

>overdesign bad
>simple design bad
There is NOTHING gamefreak can do that you pathetic autistic sad boy would not spend hours of your time complaining about

I wouldn’t complain about a game they put effort into.

There’s too much shading on those nu-mons, they should be flat.

Any other opinion you want to regurgitate for the millionth time?

Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur will never be collectively surpassed.

niggers are bad

>someone with zero artistic ability complaining about design
LOL

Why don't you retards accept that the design philosophy behind pokemon has changed? The games aren't worth playing anyway, so why do you get so upset about new stuff?

if their game looked like a modern console AAA RPG no one would complain

We just wanted to see effort, user

The games would still be >10-hour long poor excuses for rpgs

>me, Grog, notice thing in old game and new game have similarity
>it similar, but different
>me, Grog, make post about how old thing better than new thing
>why they make thing different? they not just realize that keep thing same make Grog happy!?

>Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur will never be collectively surpassed.
This is true but there are definitely individual starters that are better than genwun.
The reason why they are collectively so good and iconic is because they are from the only gen which tried not to pander to female audience

>we’ll keep shitting out fire, water and grass starters, but please don’t compare them to the original fire, water and grass starters tee hee!
>Also, when we make pikachu clones, don’t compare them to Pikachu!

Attached: 75B6AD64-945A-42C2-B70C-94382F293AAD.jpg (376x512, 22K)

it's as if there's a middle ground between overdesigned digishit and oversimplied literal kindergarten design that the artists should strive to achieve

You seem very opinionated about this for someone who can't even use photoshop properly.

>2 minutes on paint
>compared to billion-dollar company working for 2 years on a game

hmmmm

OMG YAS
KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll read this as "yes, I don't know what the fuck I am talking about"

Even a fair amount of Gen 1 Pokemon would be eternally, universally despised if they didn't come from muh precious childhood.

Attached: 051Dugtrio_RG.png (555x396, 202K)

You are not allowed to comment on OP's artistic skills without posting proof of your own first

Stand back buddy.

Attached: 1429296165031.jpg (776x1119, 228K)

look at the top of his head!

Not true. The designs of later generations are terrible. Gen 1 designs keep them fantastical yet grounded in reality compared to the later generations.

Beta Mr. Mime > Mr. Mime

Attached: DfWoVv6XcAEaCXd.jpg (222x232, 13K)

How would you make gen 8 starters into the style of gen 1?

They could start making animals instead of toys again.

Pokemon at its very core is a merchandise-based franchise, or it wouldn't be focused on collecting a huge variety of monsters.
Not even Gen 1 is safe from simplistic designs that are only there to be made into toys, user.

Attached: 039Jigglypuff_RG.png (477x514, 243K)

Imagine playing Pokemon after Black and White 2

Where is this from?

I didn't day simplistic designs, I said toys. The new starters proportions and features are kids toys first, animals second. Their features are either glued on or stickers instead of a natural flowing part of their bodies. The rabbit has kindergarten drawing tier lines to represent its paws and adventure Time tier legs. The water starter has bananas for feet. The monkey has a fucking bowl with a smiley face for a mouth.

Oh and also, isn't it kind of pathetic that we haven't improved over 20 plus year old designs?

PSAS starters are the worst in the series. There has not been a single good Pokemon design since after Gen 5. This is fucking fact.

Pathetic and sad. PSAS is the Fallout 76 of Pokemon, too. There's nothing good about these games.

Dedenne is the best one

Hawlucha. Your move atheist.

When did the starting trio first start having themes?

>complains about new designs being lazy
>when gen 1 starters are a lizard with a tail set on fire and a fucking blue turtle
Genwunners everyone, Bulbasaur is the only starter with some effort put into its design

I swear to god you retards have been making these threads since Gen 5. 3 years from now Gen 9 will have the worst designs ever.

>Gen 1 designs keep them fantastical yet grounded in reality
The sad part is that some people actually believe this.

So when are we gonna get SOUL vs SOULLESS threads comparing gen one starters to gen eight starters?

Kill yourself genwunner

you guys simply don't get it. it's not about how outlandish the pokemon is, it's about the detail and the effort to make it look realistic yet fantastical. gen1 has some pokemon with silly themes, but they fucking LOOK good. no circles on eyes, stick figure smiles, and random colored bands on their limbs.

Deltarune

nigga every starter even as squirtle and such have big heads and small bodies, really the only starter not to do this is Chikorita

In the sense that like, all of them are entertainers or whatever, or like the fire types being zodiac animals and the grass types frequently if not always being animals that are extinct?

Super Mario Bros 2

About yesterday.

Gen3.

>but they fucking LOOK good. no circles on eyes, stick figure smiles, and random colored bands on their limbs.
So we're just going to pretend pieces of shit like Poliwrath, Electrode, Wheezing, and Electabuzz don't exist. Okay.

imagine thinking more thought process went into gen 1 designs than "lol what if a magnet came to life" "oh look now it's 3 stuck together, let's call it an entirely new one"

they’re getting worse with time

a few bad ones in a roster of 151 mons, meanwhile gen 8 will have 40~ new mons if we’re lucky and 2/3 will look bad because of the new adventure time design philosophy. Yikes.

Okay so you read none of my post. Thanks for letting me know.

basically the pokemon version of the sonic/zelda cycle

>yikes
discarded

Gen 1 designs still the best. Gen 2 is okay but you started to see the decline in quality in terms of design. Everything else looks like neopets.

>stabilish a beloved series using a certain artstyle
>change it to some simplistic big headed garbage
>fuck you pathethic autistic fans lmao1!!

Literally every design past gen 2 sucks balls. Fact.

cope

He said opinion, not a fact.

way to misrepresent the argument. people have been criticising electrode since gen1, so it's not like we give it a free pass. the issue is that you can only pick out a couple bad designs, whereas we're pointing out problems with the entire design philosophy of entire gens. you always want to point out electrode as though that's what all gen1 was like.

besides, electrode is the pokemon version of a mimic. imagine criticising a classic rpg for having a treasure chest enemy.

opinions, buzzwords, etc etc. yawn

>he lives in a fantasy where he thought pokemon wasn't conceived as such

also because you're retarded, chameleons do have feet like that

It's cause gen 5 was perfection and everything went to shit afterwards.

I'm so sorry...but what part of a dragon, a round nondescript animal with ears, literal brown breadsticks with a clown nose, an electric....yeti? animal?, a lava...monster?, and ghosts is """grounded in reality"""???

you don't have to be a gourmet chef to know food tastes bad.

>The rabbit has kindergarten drawing tier lines to represent its paws and adventure Time tier legs
So your whole post crashes down hard just by me posting this, which is the same exact design.

Attached: 2052-Shiny-Meowth.png (245x300, 39K)

it's a terrible mimic that relies on "muh game limitations" when even other games handwaved them fine by saying "the chest changes into a monster"

>design philosophy

nigga the designers are roughly the same, they never changed "philosophy"

Honestly, a lot of the charm does come from the watercolor. I bet if the whole of gen 9 artwork was all watercolor people would be much warmer to it.

Mimics fucking suck in any game they're in and fuck Japan for keeping them alive, at least the west ditched them.

Nah dude, Generation 2 is one of the lowest points for the series in terms of designs I'd have to say. Tons of really bland and forgettable monsters in that batch.

>"estabilish"
>literally only gen 1, which ended in 1999
Sure thing dude.

Brown breadsticks is still a simple yet better design then a chandelier and a set of car keys.

Gen 5 was the only that gave me a feeling similar to playing Gen 1 back in the day, I loved how they didn’t allow you to capture old monsters until post-game.

user, he thought the chameleon had banana fingers, let him writhe in his shitposting thread

Attached: 01WAQchameleons.ngsversion.1466002728219.adapt.1900.1.jpg (1900x1264, 107K)

What the fuck is the problem with Weezing supposed to be?

FULL OF REAL WORLD PROBLEMS

Super Paper Mario

>whereas we're pointing out problems with the entire design philosophy of entire gens.
You're strawmanning. Plenty of mons past gen 4 don't fall into the criticism you're applying.

Does anyone not know why Gen 1 Pokemon were over-simplified designs? It's because the Game Boy can only handle so many pixels on the screen. That's why you see over the years the designs became more complex because Nintendo's hardware advanced thus more detailed Pokemon.

Attached: 1543659912963.jpg (560x577, 39K)

>No argument

Please refer to children

That's the same excuse JRPG devs gave for changing the charming designs of their characters from the SNES/Genesis era to generic moeblob anime shit today.

we’re literally complaining that these designs are adventure time tier, waaaay to simple and toy-like for what were supposed to be animal-like creatures.

Attached: 70550E1C-49B0-4364-AFDC-5FC706CC44E6.jpg (783x391, 27K)

Restriction breeds creativity.

>can't critique political policies unless u r politician.

Attached: 1487630822574.jpg (1024x1024, 113K)

>Complaining about Pokemon not having realistic designs

Holy fuck autism is so strong right now. It's a fantasy monster-collecting game for christ sakes. Do you REALLY care about this shit?

>waaaay to simple and toy-like for what were supposed to be animal-like creatures.

This is a childrens video game user

Gen 1 always wins, baby.

Attached: AE70F9EF-465A-4A62-9E2A-5179115C65BD.png (700x525, 412K)

oh so now it shouldn't be realistic, and that the designs are actually stagnant? stop flipflopping you faggot. I knew the whole argument is shit but I was wondering how you'd end it. fucking disappointed it didn't involve an image spam

>oh so now it shouldn't be realistic

Stopped reading there. Of fucking course not. It's a colorful magical place with a diverse set of monsters. You're those fags that complain about Cartoon Network shows for not being deep and complex for your adult minds but at the end of the day the childrens shows are for fucking children.

tl;dr adults ruining childrens entertainment when it's not even catered to you.

Attached: DhU1NaaVAAE44DC.jpg (990x1106, 141K)

They would complain that the games don't feel like the old ones. That Pokemon has lost its charm, or well, in nu-Yea Forums speak, "soul".

Also

yeah, I know. your nostalgia arbitrarily makes it better (because you don't have an actual reason) along with other classic gen 1 designs
>a strong guy
>stronger guy
>strongest guy with more arms
>garbage
>bigger pile of garbage
>pokeball
>pokeball upside down
>rock with arms
>bigger rock with arms
>bigger harder rock with arms and legs
>pile of eggs
>a tree
etc

Well to be taken seriously you first have to show you have competency in what you’re talking about. It’s the difference between an “ideas guy” and someone who can actually make things.

the past games were children’s games too

Meanwhile, if a simple designed pokemon comes out
>WTF GAMEFREAK ITS LITERALLY MY MOMS _______

>can't critique political policies unless u r politician.

I find it cute how these retards who can't handle criticism of their favorite show/vidya will resort to comments like these. This is a big flag of finding out how normie you are. You're a customer. You're allowed to criticize about a product that has flaws. You don't have to a fucking movie producer or a game developer to criticize games and fucking movies you retard.

Attached: DhHUPZfV4AE_oCA.jpg (1200x960, 211K)

I'm not sure what idea you're trying to respond to.
The issues people have as I understand them are really simple shapes like spheres and cones making up the bodies of pokemon, rather than more organic, complex body shapes like many early designs had, and details that feel slapped on, like you took spikes and decals and whatever and just glued them to the pokemon.
It's not like a hard rule or anything. Plenty of old designs fall into these criticisms, and plenty of new designs avoid them. The proportion of designs that have these 'issues' has definitely changed over time, though.

Well, uh...that's certainly an opinion.

>Bulbasaur
>Effort
It's a fuckin' toad with a cabbage on it

You don't need competency, you need a general understanding of the subject. Which is something you can gain without being competent in the production of the product.

Fat spherical chu worst Fakechu

>lists the pika clones
>doesn't list the best pika clone
Mimikyu is easily the best pokemon of its gen, design-wise.

>The issues people have as I understand them are really simple shapes like spheres and cones making up the bodies of pokemon, rather than more organic, complex body shapes like many early designs had, and details that feel slapped on, like you took spikes and decals and whatever and just glued them to the pokemon.

What? I think the older Pokemon had more simplified designs. Even as more newer generations of Pokemon were being born they only took a small step of making them more complex in design. If they went for more of an over-design the entire Pokemon roster would look inconsistent with one another, especially comparing the original gen to the newer ones. So keeping a slightly improved newer gen of Pokemon would just keep it consistent. At least that's what I think what the designers were going for

Gen 6 and 7 both have better designs overall than 4 and 5.

How do you show you comprehend something enough to give insightful criticism on it, on an anonymous image board you have no credibility outside your post. But then again that’s probably the exact reason why so many people come here to complain about things. I guess you’re right, what the fuck does anyone owe anyone on this website - I mean that genuinely.

Literally better than every other generation.

Kino

Majority of critics in the entertainment business have zero knowledge of making things. Why don't you complain to them?

The oniginal starter were not over designed. The just werent *chibi made to be easy to make into toys designs*

I too, despise 90% of the games in the series. Fuck change, amirite? Let's go was fantastic because KANTO BEST.

When will genwunners die already?

Attached: epic_meme_dude.png (600x530, 332K)

no argument

>What? I think the older Pokemon had more simplified designs.
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.
I'm not talking about the designs overall being more or less complex. I'm talking only about body shape there.
I'm saying a dog or bird Pokemon made today is more likely to have a body shape consisting of basic geometry like spheres and cones than in the past, where they tended to have more complex body shapes closer to the real world animals they represented.

I don't think the existence of this trend is deniable if you're looking at the designs honestly, and I say this with Gen 7 probably being my favorite generation overall in terms of Pokemon designs.

No, Kanto nostalgia is bad in many ways and anyone asking for the inclusion of Kanto mons and characters in future gens is retarded, reasonable people just want the Kanto soul and design philosophy to move onwards. We don’t need soulless shit designed to be turned into cheap McDonald’s toys first.

>I'm saying a dog or bird Pokemon made today is more likely to have a body shape consisting of basic geometry like spheres and cones than in the past, where they tended to have more complex body shapes closer to the real world animals they represented

a million times this

>When will genwunners die already?
Oh, but they won't! They'll come back for Gen IX! And the next gen! And the next gen! And the next gen! And the next gen! And the next gen...

Attached: krab.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>soul

Stopped reading there.

Attached: x100 bombs.png (700x700, 221K)

totally missed the point, which is not to ask for gen 1 pokemons to be back

Attached: 1535357946042.png (960x3086, 1.09M)

Gen 3's starters are all shit

I genuinely can't tell whether whoever made this image thought they were making some kind of point, or just shitposting.

I’m your new design for today, bro

Attached: 7814ED16-4E6E-4325-87D2-7DBF48057BEE.png (720x720, 573K)

Charizard is objectively the worst looking starter
Boring look
Absurd proportions
Absolute trash

it's a parody of the dumbasses who act like every new design is bad and all old designs are good, turning all their old talking points back to stress how they aren't objective critiques. Hence the very last comparison being of tow Geodudes and pretending one is good and one is bad, because the people who sincerely make these arguments are retarded.

Still better than Gen 1 though. Gen 1 is lazy as fuck with a red lizard, blue turtle, and green frog. With gen 3 they at least put in the effort to have them look different at each evolutionary stage.

It's what happens when you have a bunch of people try and rationalize their dislike of something to avoid having to admit to their own bias.

Piedmon

Ever heard of the parable of Goldilocks and the Three Bears?
You might learn something from it.

Attached: 674B46D9-8C48-4205-B783-737606455AF7.jpg (360x351, 26K)

Gen 1 designs keep them buzzword yet buzzword compared to the later generations.

>moving the goalpost

They got beaten with gen 3.

Its not "lazy" its just more kiddie. I dont know why this is so fucking hard to comprehend, look at early pokemon art and everyone is thick outlined, the pokemon usually had a competetive attitude, some sharp edges on things, now its bubbly, everything has a white reflection, circular shapes and no sharp edges. I think when Pokemon was new kids wanted a little edge to feel cool, but now they want this. I dont know why, but dont get upset its not made for you anymore. You, an adult.

Attached: MV5BMjY3NDI4NmQtOWJiZS00MzhjLWJmNjMtZmJiN2JjMmIzZTg2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMwNDgzNjc@._V1_.jpg (720x476, 66K)

Anyone who plays pokemon past gen 2 is an autistic furfag.

>all pokemon past gen 2 are girls in suits
What?

user, you have thoroughly misunderstood that shitpost.

New kids still prefer the gen 1 mons, though, they’re classic for a reason

I'd like a source for that, but not one that counts the fucking starters and pikachu because they're pushed everywhere.

Attached: big think.jpg (582x528, 38K)

Because you said that people who like Pokemon past Gen 2 are furries. So the only sense that would make is if they were people in suits, and I wanted it to be sexy, so I had it be specifically girls in suits.

Is that a crime?

>Gen 5 comes out
>"waaah everything is too overdesigned!"
>Gen 7/8
"waaah everything is too simple"
If you delusional nostalgia shitters insist on complaining can you at least complain about the lack of effort when it comes to content and online?

Attached: 1547842276315.jpg (400x400, 119K)

The op pic shoots it's own argument in the foot because Squirtle and Bulbasaur don't even look bad, 2 minute MS paint job not withstanding.

Genwunners will never be happy with new designs. Rayquaza's objectively the best Pokemon yet they hate him because he's gen 3.

>Because you said
>you
Nope.

>that people who like Pokemon past Gen 2 are furries. So the only sense that would make is if they were people in suits,
Furries are attracted to anthropomorphic animals, dude. Many don't even need the anthropomorphic part.

The best part about these designs are if they were real Yea Forums would defend them and call you a gen wunner for not liking them and then say Dugtrio or Voltorb is a worse design than their over deisgn toy digimons.

>implying voltorb is good design
to be fair it's probably the best version of a pokemon that literally just a ball that you could get. Also the fact that is acts like a mimic in the original games is good too. Sad that voltorb is unironically better than modern pokemon

>many don't even need the anthropomorphic part
Well that's just bestiality.

Yes, and there is sizable overlap with furries.

>grounded in reality
>mr. mime
>koffing line

user, I don't mean to frighten you, but mimes are real.

are you seriously trying to imply that the kanto starters weren't made to whored out to toys? you know pikachu was market tested to be the mascot right? other if it was up to the creators a snarky clefairy would be the face of the company.

Attached: 1522512860706.webm (1920x1080, 1.66M)

>bringing politics into a discussion about literally anything else

Attached: 1549950179181.jpg (480x349, 54K)

>You're those fags that complain about Cartoon Network shows for not being deep and complex for your adult minds

stop projecting.

Why does Mr. Mime say "Mr. Mime"?
Shouldn't he, you know, not speak?

nice milkers but those tats are shit

WHY CAN'T SUSIE BE REAL?!

>When will genwunners die already?
never because Gen 5 almost killed the franchise with it's non-familiarity

why does Max have a patch on it's forehead and is it related to the ones on its' paw?

>they’re classic for a reason

forced marketing is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Gen 4 had the best starters though. I'm a GenWunner and even I can admit that. Hell, even Gen 6 had some great starters that I think are on par with Gen 1's.

You niggers need to understand the fucking philosophy behind the starter trios. There's themes every gen, this time around they have a Olympic mascots motif.

Shit ain't getting worse since your childhood, gen 5 holds many of the best designs in the series.

Fuck you, I'm entitled to my opinion.

No, I’m implying they put effort into Kanto starters to make them look like cartoon animals that could be turned into toys, instead of Adventure Time toys from the get-go.

Attached: 0AA30D8C-601F-419B-AC6C-B0C2FE796BC1.jpg (1200x1000, 172K)

>You niggers need to understand the fucking philosophy behind the starter trios. There's themes every gen, this time around they have a Olympic mascots motif.
what did he mean by this

gen 5 was a breath of fresh air in the franchise and arguably the last great Pokémon title, according to most fans.

>I’m implying they put effort into Kanto starters to make them look like cartoon animals that could be turned into toys
so literally MUH WATERCOLORS

>gen 6 great starters

yeah, no, same design philosophy as the shitmons of gen 7 and 8

Attached: 616F8507-9AC4-4F26-91A4-81B6890B63EA.jpg (612x327, 128K)

if you ignore all the rest, like proportion, limbs, eyes etc, yes.

>according to most fans.
NO TRUE SCOTSMAN MAY MAY

japanese fans didn't like how linear the journey was and the fact that pokemon were region specific to a fault. things that were fixed in BW2. and subsequently fucked up again in gen 6 and 7.

OH NO MY ARGUMENT IT'S TURNING INTO DUST. THE BIG HEAD LITTLE BODY STRAWMAN I BUILT IS COMING TO LIFE AND FUCKING ME IN THE ASS.

Attached: Pokemon-G3-610x325.jpg (610x325, 30K)

>Game Freak literally copy pasted gen 6 leafmon mouth and arms into gen 8 firemon mouth

tell me this isn’t lazy, go ahead

>tell me this isn’t lazy, go ahead
It's not lazy, it's bad art. The character designer can only draw a few different eyes and mouths

>It's not lazy,
>it's bad art.
>The character designer can only draw a few different eyes and mouths
so, the difference is... what, exactly?

To be fair, at least it isn't those goddamn ubiquitous angry triangle anime eyes that so many Gen 1 Pokemon had.

>implying gen 3 designs were good

did you miss the part where we were aaying they got progressively worse with time?

>implying
Have you not seen the chart they've made recently? Why don't you go back and enjoy your Densetsu no Kusoge. I'm more inclined to believe a country where Pokemon was always an influence rather than ones where it was a fade.

Attached: 1546774432494.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

yes but you also said they didn't turn into cartoon toys until gen 6 also

>moving the goalposts

yeah the GAMES were good

the pokedex and region were hot trash

they aren’t cartoon toys in gen 3, they’re on the path to become that. Torchic looks fine and the grassmon does as well, only mudkip looks retarded

I can't believe the whole of the Japanese fanbase made this.

It's not bad art either it's just different. EVERYONE keeps trying to pin down some universal design philosophy for Pokemon to justify their nostalgia bias and only end up exposing themselves as bigger hypocrites.

>torchic looks fine

he is just a fatter bird version of scorbunny

It's not bad art either it's just different. EVERYONE keeps trying to pin down some universal design philosophy for Pokemon to justify their nostalgia bias and only end up exposing themselves as bigger hypocrites.

I actually agree with the list except for Gen 1 being simply good when they started it all. They should have their on “classic” category.

who are red shirt guy's friends?

I really dont think so. I work for a school, what kids like is a crapshoot but its generally still whatever version they saw first. From what I see, appreciation of G1 is because marketing tells them its classic and youtubers who are three times their age tell them its better. But everyone still plays the newest ones, my peers who emulate casually also play the ones they grew up with (GBA era) and claim those are the best.

nah

Gen 1 aged like milk

Fire Red Leaf Green is at least playable.Let's Go is it's own ball of wax and cancer.

they just design them to be as cute as possible dont care about anything else

>Fire Red Leaf Green is at least playable.
I disagree.
It didn't fix the awful level scaling seeing as no normal trainer in the region reaches level 40 until victory road.
And Giovanni has a level 50 Rhyhorn.

The polls say otherwise.

>insult to the original designs
SQUIRTLE WAS A LITERAL TURTLE
THE FUCK OP THEY WERE JUST SHIT TO BEGIN WITH

>This chart agrees with me so it must be fact

Attached: 9D94CACC-60B6-407A-A700-8090CB940D6F.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

BLACK PERSON!

The only thing that would make me appreciate GF designs is being colourblind

>real animal designs are shit

ok, user, here are two new Pokemon designs that you might enjoy, be sure to pick good names for them if you catch them in the wild while playing Pokémon SWISH

Attached: E5267AC5-9530-4770-A097-5905E91A318F.jpg (678x452, 41K)

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD
KANTO YAAAAAS

ITS UNCREATIVE AND LAZY

>Something stupid on the tip of their head.

Noticed that too yesterday. Heads can be left blank, you dont need to draw a tumor on there

>Black & White 2
>Work of God
So, if I ever care to play a Pokemon game, I guess that's the one I should go for?

yeah no

charmander > torchic
squirtle > mudkip

but treecko > bulbasaur

2:1
gen1 wins

Isn't this canonically because of Darwinian evolution existing in the Pokemon world?
Their common ancestor branched into multiple electric rodents across the world.

You wouldn’t appreciate what it did for the franchise without other points of reference. I’d say the best starting point now is Soul Silver and Heart Gold

>BW1
>Good and not Mediocre
>HG/SS
>Not Kamiwaza
The rest are correct.

After gen 5 they just said fuck it and added every mon to pretty much every are in the world, so that isn’t a thing anymore, they tried bringing it back for Alola region, but half-assed because they simply wanted to build on genwunners nostalgia

Why don't any of these things ever evolve

That's only true of Bulbasaur and chikorita.

Based.

A land mine I'm pretty sure

Pokemon is a game for kids

Are you still a kid OP?

Game Freak hates and regrets making Raichu, so everytime they make a pikaclone they don’t bother making an evolution in case it blows up and becomes huge (hint: no one cares about them)

HGSS and BW2 are so incredibly overrated

I love kids

if you browse Yea Forums and don't consider yourself somewhat childish you are in dire need of self-examination

>taking a art style shift this personally

>452742620
uuhhnn im so contrarian uhhhnnn uhhhnnnn

amazing post-game my dude

Cope

The bunny looks like those OC designs you could make in Sonic Forces, Nintendo fans are really defending deviant art-tier Sonic OCs.

Attached: E03E0C2B-11DD-477D-BB23-8207E47139C6.jpg (1053x1108, 116K)

>densetsu no kusoge

keke

Okay.

FIXED.
And it only took me 5 minutes in Paint.

Attached: Gen1 rabbit new pokemon.png (181x330, 51K)

Mimikyu isn't a pikachu clone.

Was galvantula the last good design they made?

Attached: 1200px-596Galvantula.png (1200x1200, 697K)

what gen? it does look good

But Geodude 2 is objectively better than the other.

>to be fair it's probably the best version of a pokemon that literally just a ball that you could get
Except Foongus exists.

>Also the fact that is acts like a mimic in the original games is good too
Yes, it's good. Too bad it only works like that:in gameplay. As a creature of its own world it fails completely.

>Sad that voltorb is unironically better than modern pokemon
haha

galvantula was generation 5

No, that would be Trevenant.

Attached: 250px-709Trevenant.png (250x250, 68K)

I don't like that all these new starters have big heads and small bodies. It's like a template they religiously follow for some stupid reason.

It's been happening for more than half the franchise.

Attached: 9c29b4389c9822746f920ecdae739e7b837896ab_00.jpg (350x244, 17K)

No joke, that actually looks somewhat like a Gen1 now. If you got rid of the scarf, it'd be yep.

The original designs were just dinosaurs and reptiles you stupid piece of shit.
That being said, XY and SUN MOON were kinda weak, I think BW was pretty good. A good middle ground between the over-simplistic stuff of Gen 1 and the more robot/digimon shit of gen 4

I'm a huge gen one boy but the new starters look great, stop bitching.

you move that goal post, user. just because mimikyu doesn't precisely meet ALL the autistic patterns of being a pikachu clone in your mind doesn't mean it isn't one. It's a non-evolving, gimmicky pokemon that looks similar to pikachu to some extent. It's really only missing the electric type.

Seething incel

This
The style of the starters usually is just copying however animals are portrayed in the popular anime of the day
That being said, I think Gen 3 and Gen 2 have some of the better variety in starter pokemon head-shapes and faces

No, go HGSS if you want to try a pokemon game
IT does a ton of stuff that's not just great for the core gameplay loop but also good for just interacting with your pokemon and bonding with them.
Then play BW2 and see what a normal sequel to a pokemon game should be, instead of the restart button being hit almsot every generation

Pokemon designs have never been good