CRPG thread

What did Yea Forums think of this game?

Attached: images-1.jpg (298x169, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtI3ghO4jZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It seemed ok but I stopped playing it to wait for patches and then the inevitable fixed version and I haven't gone back since.

I really wish developers would just release finished games again, it feels like you have to wait a minimum of a year before even playing a CRPG after release these days.

It's shit

It's fun.

Just finished this, really liked it. Never really got into this genre before this. Which should I play next
Torment: tide
Tyranny
Pillars of eternity 2
Pathfinder kingmaker
Baldurs gate 2
I like branching storylines, multiple ways to approach a quest and good dialogue options.

>it feels like you have to wait a minimum of a year before even playing a CRPG after release these days.

Truth.
Never play a new one on release. You'll regret all the wasted time because of broken shit.

It's okay. The battle system is pretty tedious because of the way armor works, and I didn't really care about the story at all. The multiplayer is a lot of fun though.

Really good. Nameless Isle was kinda boring. All of the Gods dungeons feel like they were supposed to be proper dungeons but cut. Finale was kinda anti-climatic too. You only have to kill one person in that battle, so you can end it really fast.

> it feels like you have to wait a minimum of a year before even playing a CRPG after release these days.

True, but there isnt really a solution. When you make 80 hour games there are going to be bugs unless you have 500 person teams. But no cRPG devs have teams nearly that big.

but none of those things you've mentioned to like are in the divinity os games ??

Pillars 2 has turnbased combat now like Divinity
Torment is an interactive novel. Its good, but expect to just spend 99% of your time reading dialogue
Kingmaker is literally broken. Wait for more patches.
Tyranny isnt very good. Skip.
Baldurs Gate is closest to Divinity in spirit. Combat is different, but it is fairly open and quests can be completed in numerous ways.

It's better than Baldur's Gate

This.

PST>BG2>DOS2>IWD>BG>>>>>>>>>>>IWD2 and all other isometric RPGs.

Lizards turn me on.

I stopped playing the moment I realized that every fight was always going to have puddles of some sort, it just felt wrong
Got to the last island though, so I think I put in a decent amount of time

>another thread of divinity cocksuckers
Wish /tg/ hadn't gone to shit

Same as the first one. Gameplay's fine but I can't stand the writting.

PST?
IWD?

Fun game but highest difficulty is ruined by the stupid ass item scaling system where a level 16 white common sword is more strong than that legendary dragon slayer sword you found at level 13. One of the reasons why thievery was broken beyond belief because every level merchant inventory would refresh and they were the best source for new weapons.

Is there choices that matter in pillars 2?
Is the story in torment good , that makes the reading worth. I like games with good lore
What's the problems with tyranny?
I'll try baldurs gate 2 as well then

Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale

BASED

Great combat and character building, but the story is pretty lame.

I still love the game though, and at least the story is less awful than in Original Sin 1.

It's awesome.
/thread

>Choices that matter in Pillars.
No more than your average Bioware-like title. You can skip a few fights and some quests branch a little, but like Mass Effect or something its mostly just an illusion.

>Is the story in Torment good
Yes. One of the best vidya stories ever in fact. And the lore extremely unique. Torment is a great game, I'm just warning you that its really an interactive novel. There is almost no combat.

>Problems with Tyranny
Bland characters. I cant recall a single one now. No one had any personality at all. Combat is meaningless and repetitive. Just lots of grinding trash mobs. And then the ending is more abrupt than Fable 2. It feels like they literally just ran out of time and said "well just roll credits here and lets ship it out". I was stunned when the game just ended without tying up like half the active plot threads

Torment: tide is pretty good if you liked the original Torment.
Tyranny has a great world and is my favorite Obsidian game.
Pillars of Eternity 2 is full of gay fish so you should skip it.
Pathfinder kingmaker is now fixed so you should play it since it is a modern take on D&D.
Baldurs gate 2 why haven't you played it yet? Play it!

>Is there choices that matter in pillars 2?
Pillars 2 is hot garbage, avoid that shit, although Pillars 1 was decent
>Is the story in torment good , that makes the reading worth. I like games with good lore
It's unique, to say the least. I don't think there is anything like it
>What's the problems with tyranny?
Nothing, except its writing is of lower quality than other CRPGs and ends just when the game is about to enter its best part

t. different

>Bland characters
Confirmed for never played the game. Anyone who ever did remembers the Voices of Nerat and Kyros. Hell you should remember Graven Ash and Tuoton as well. The game is full of memorable characters you simply never played it.

it was a good idea imo, the game is super polished now, you're safe to go back and you should, play on tactician and learn the systems properly, it's very rewarding

i would recommend go for the best BG2 then go for Pathfinder

Great engine. Terrible game.

I beat it. You are free to disagree with me, but you are coming off as an obsidiot. It might have good characters compared to Mass Effect: Andromeda, but the writing is shit next to others on his list like POE, and Torment: Tides makes Tyranny look like it was written by toddlers.

You got it completely backwards

did you like bg1? try it with sword coast stratagems mod. adds a lot of balanced difficulty, makes enemy ai much smarter, particularly mages. scs exists for bg2 also.

depends on the person. i loved messing around on the early access for original sin 2, it was interesting to see the changes come in. red prince used to be a totally depressed suicidal type, ifan was a drudanae addict begging for scraps, polymorph and summoning didn't exist

multiple spells clear ground surfaces like battle stomp and the tornado one. go phys damage types with living armour talent for more magic armour. then you can mostly ignore surfaces and walk right through or fly over them with wings, teleport with many spells etc

patrician

Attached: 1444444772837.webm (500x900, 1.74M)

>it took him all the way until the last island to realise every fight will have puddles
???
literally how?

Attached: bad_opinion.jpg (960x810, 74K)

Good but if you post a pic of DOS2 That POE Guy comes out of the autistic woodwork.

Kingmaker is fine now.

Its great, but I have a curse of having friends that want to play for an hour or two and then never again

Baldurs gate 2 is your best bet. The rest are actually pretty shitty

I'd recommend bg2 or poe1. Then if you want more rtwp, pathfinder kingmaker. Also dos1 has better combat than 2 so maybe just play that.

And fallout 1 and PST fit better with what you're actually asking for so maybe consider them.

>you are coming off as an obsidiot
If i was an obsidiot would i write this ?

No, the game is just actually shit senpai

I'll still wait for a sale. I got hit with bugs that literally stopped my game progress. Steam let me refund at 7 hours. I'll try it when it's $20.

No it isn't. PoE is shit and Tyranny is good. All PoE shitters should kys.

The scaling on gear was just too excessive and the way the armor system functioned should have been different as it just meant splitting your damage types was a losing strategy.

It was worth the one play through but I wouldn't do it again.

>There is almost no combat.
That's just plain untrue, every time I hear someone say this it makes me question if they played the game at all. Torment has plenty of combat, even dungeon crawling. The issue is that it's so terrible you are better off skipping as much of it as possible in any way you can.

tactician difficulty, 2-man party, lone wolf, one summoner/tank, one ranger. max comfy, op as shit, never die, less micromanagement

i played many times with 2 mage 2 phys parties, it's totally fine. few enemies in the game have both high phys and high magic armour. most enemies are high in one, low in the other. having versatility is not a bad thing. consumables exist and are extremely useful for covering the weaknesses of any party composition even on tactician

Why? You will miss on all the companion storylines.

Thanks anons, I'll give baldurs gate 2 and PoE 2 a try. Does the combat in BG2 hold up?

i mean for a subsequent playthrough mostly. and there's 6 origins, so doing one 4-man game, and one 2-man game lets you see them all eventually

Eric trying to be mroe subtle now.

bg2 combat is the ultimate power trip, it's very high level DnD2 combat, so all spells and insane equipment are available. late game parties especially mages are hilariously op and fun, but the game is still hard if you want it to be. depends how much bullshit cheese you want to employ (fireballing groups of enemies offscreen so they die before they even trigger)

Actually that is not completely correct. Having someone in your party and playing as them gives difference o their story. So you need to play the game 6 times for playing with each origin as your main story path and 2 more times to get them as supporting characters.

pretty fun
got bored of it by chapter 4 or something, cant remember
maybe i should play it with a friend
jk

>They're using their surface system from which a ton of reactivity and freedom and thus strategy comes
oh no

yeah i know but whatever

>tfw playing through both the first and second game with the same friend on lone wolf
The buddy cop feel is strong.

did this too but not lone wolf. great co op game but you need patience and chemistry and the ability to casually argue

It's cool even i haven't played it with all 6 origins. Still this and The Witcher 3 is the most game i've ever gotten for a single purchase(I'm talking about newer games since i have a ton of hours in Wizardry 8 as well).

in divOS, you would be right, but in divOS2, thanks to the retarded armour system any surface that isn't corrupted might aswell not be there and corrupted surfaces are still garbage with no real way to play around them with how shitty their interactions are, in 100% cases you are just better off ignoring any tactics, just focusing a single type of damage and winning the dps race

i won it recently on tactician honour mode since i wanted to see the changes that definitive edition made and not only it was a cakewalk but just focusing a single type of damage was infinitely better than mixing even with the updated values to enemies armor

where do i start to get into the crpg genre
interested in underrail but waiting for a sale

You use the puddles FOR dps my man. Except for smoke which is useful for sight reasons.

yo ho
youtube.com/watch?v=OtI3ghO4jZ8

torturer talent makes a selection of statuses go straight through armour (poison, burn, bleed, some others)

original sin 2 imo is very good intro, accessible but very deep and rewards experimentation, you really can't fuck up. you could accidentally murder every npc in the game i believe. if you only want story and don't mind old games, planescape tornent is still the default best story in many peoples eyes. i just don't find it very fun. if you can't afford divinity just pirate it, get it later when you can afford it

It's fun but after the first game the second one's tactitian mode seemed too hard.

its a waste of a talent since you have much better options to take first

the puddle dps is abysmal and useless, you want to end every single fight in less than 2 turns in tactician because its horribly balanced, you need alpha damage not dps

dumb, there are so many ways to disengage, heal/armour up, fights can last a fucking hour in tactician, you've watched too many youtube vids with knowitalls ranting i think.

>No more than your average Bioware-like title. You can skip a few fights and some quests branch a little, but like Mass Effect or something its mostly just an illusion.
not trying to be antagonistic or contrarian but what would you consider games where your choices matter?

no there isn't, if you are disengaging you are basically abusing the most broken thing in the game besides barrelmancy, if you wan't to play with no challenge whatsoever then whats the point

Witcher 2 is a good one. An entire act changes based on your choice.

i still haven't played that. i feel like i can't play 2 or 3 until i have beaten 1 and i just can't get through 1. the combat is terrible.

ohh so you're one of those people. "this cheese is ok, that cheese isn't ok". crpgs are all about breaking the game systems. i'm gonna just go ahead and use the spells and items that are in the game, and ignore idiots on forums telling me that the game needs to be played the way they play it

combat is fun imo, it's just timing clicks with the animation, i thought it was fairly satisfying. not sure why everyone hated it

If you're going to wait you might as well wait till May or what not when the next DLC is out (or even late this year if it all goes on sale or some package deal).

>that fire/oil blobs fight
How do you even get through it without wasting half of your resources?

Attached: 1521822153948.png (904x660, 556K)

Just started playing the definitive edition yesterday, it was very good. I didn't like D:OS1's beginning so i kinda went straight to 2 instead

Best crpg I've played in years, though not without its issues. Hopefully they release another sequel and do it better.

Remove the oil barrels before the fight.

oh, you are one of those casuals that think savescumming is not cheating because saving is part of the game

Devs said they want to do a different game on the same engine next. Probably going to do a sci-fi rpg since thats whats in now

your autism level is over 9000 friend, very impressive

my first time in that fight, tactician mode, 4 man party, co op with a friend. we huddled up top clustered and used the lizard (?) racial ability the dome of protection. that combined with spamming mend metal and the other one for aoe magic armour, kept us tanky for ages while we long range killed everything and managed to keep the npc alive too

you should crawl back towards reddit

i use 4chins, reddit, twatter, jewtube, i savescum and i sometimes don't savescum, depends how i'm feeling that day. not gonna let some spaz convince me to have less fun for his approval

based